PDA

View Full Version : Boyle tomiss next two games

Ronniekirk
15-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Picked up ankle injury in Training Our win at the weekend shows we now have a squad that can cope with one or two players being out but he was on such good form he will be a miss

Souter96Mac
15-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Will be a miss, hope it doesn't knock him off his stride to much as he was coming on to a right player

neil7908
15-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Really disappointing as he was on a great run of form but good news it's only a couple of games.

The depth of the squad at the moment means Swanson comes into replace him. A player like Danny would have been the first name on the team sheet a few years ago.

It does highlight that we're lacking another pacy player out wide.

If we're still to recruit that would be my priority.

emerald green
15-08-2017, 09:15 AM
All the more frustrating that the injury was picked up in training. EEN saying Boyle could be out for a month, but might only be out for two games due to international break at beginning of September.

G B Young
15-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Really disappointing as he was on a great run of form but good news it's only a couple of games.

The depth of the squad at the moment means Swanson comes into replace him. A player like Danny would have been the first name on the team sheet a few years ago.

It does highlight that we're lacking another pacy player out wide.

If we're still to recruit that would be my priority.

Last season I thought Humphrey was a decent signing to take some of the weight off Boyle's shoulders in terms of providing width and pace. Obviously he only ended up playing with us for a short time and Boyle remains the only first team player who provides these attributes.

As you say though, the overall squad is a lot stronger so hopefully we'll be fine without him for a couple of weeks.

Nicho87
15-08-2017, 10:03 AM
A chance for Swanson to stamp his authority. Squad depth crucial.

Scott Allan Key
15-08-2017, 10:17 AM
This highlights the need for a pacy and/or player on the wings as our final signing. Even if this was sustained in training we need cover for that quality vis à vis our 'two players for every position' statement. I have been impressed with the squad building at Aberdeen despite losing Hayes and I'd like players of quality of Mackay-Stevens and Scott Wright. They used to be ten-a-penny in the Scottish game and there must be other 'Boyle's out there we can buy/develop.

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Could leave us a bit short up top on Sat if Stokes gets a retrospective red for Compliance officer later today which I fear might be the case

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BroxburnHibee
15-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Could leave us a bit short up top on Sat if Stokes gets a retrospective red for Compliance officer later today which I fear might be the case

Don't think they can do that.

MyJo
15-08-2017, 11:31 AM

Danny, Dave and Ginge are more than capable of putting Hamilton to the sword

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Don't think they can do that.According to EEN we will find out this aft and it is being looked at mate??

BroxburnHibee
15-08-2017, 11:43 AM
According to EEN we will find out this aft and it is being looked at mate??

I always thought they couldn't change it as the ref dealt with it at the time. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2017, 11:45 AM
I always thought they couldn't change it as the ref dealt with it at the time. Apologies if I'm wrong.Dont think its for the Tavernier incident mate but him grabbing Jack before the headbutt incident??

I'm hopeful of no action as if he gives Stokes a red he will need to do the same for Dorrans I'd imagine??

eastcoasthibby
I said it a couple of weeks ago before we.got Stokes in was that I wanted.to see a striker and another wide player with pace, as we have no one else that can play that role and.law of averages are that if Boyle will be targeted.for some hwavy treatment never mind training ground injuries ...so before the window closes hopefully our management teamooks at that side of things.
And like everyone hopefully this is just a couple of games...!!

CallumLaidlaw
Dont think its for the Tavernier incident mate but him grabbing Jack before the headbutt incident??

I'm hopeful of no action as if he gives Stokes a red he will need to do the same for Dorrans I'd imagine??

Didn't Dorrans get booked for the incident?

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Didn't Dorrans get booked for the incident?Ah in that case he will get no further punishment then...typical