PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian fc

DarlingtonHibee
14-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Leeann and Rod need to be strong on this, if any charges are made we need to hammer them on sectarian songs , let's stay strong against bigotry.

Caversham Green
14-08-2017, 05:56 PM
I think we need to address the death threats before anything else. I hope our club will contact Rangers and Club 1872 urging them to unequivocally condemn the death threats and incitement to murder our manager that have appeared on social media. I think we should also make our own public statement that these threats are in no way acceptable in a civilised society regardless of the perceived 'provocation'.

Club 1872's overblown reaction to the events has undoubtedly incited the deplorable activity of these simpletons and their continued silence on the matter now could only be interpreted as approving of them. Of course any club with a modicum of decency would not have to be prodded but there is no evidence that The Rangers fall into that category.

brianmc
14-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Unless I'm much mistaken Club1872 ARE the rangers board. Second largest shareholders after the lying king..

WestStandMoaner
14-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Unless I'm much mistaken Club1872 ARE the rangers board. Second largest shareholders after the lying king..

Unfortunately i I could not get a ticket for Saturday but if I was and the reports are correct about the sectarian singing then all hibs fans who did attend greyscull need to report it to police scotland . They cannot turn a blind eye if there are hundreds of complaints. In fact I would urge all fans from all teams to report on mass at every game. Give the authorities no option but to act against these morons absolute bellends the lot of them.

Petrie and co need to tell them to go and do one

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Exactly ............ The media, the SFA, the SPFL and especially The Rangers football club have skirted around the Elephant in the room for decades now. Clubs like Hibs have reluctantly gone along with this because at the end of the day the fallout that would surround a full blown argument around sectarianism in the public arena involving the judicial system and much worse the clubs themselves would inevitably, at least in the short term, damage every club in Scotland.

Yes the Scottish government have tried to address the problem, but their attempt to do so has caused more division than it has solved and at no time has Scottish football shown a serious willingness to address the problem head on, either on its own or in conjunction with the authorities, mainly because they just cant see a way to do it which would not involve the main culprit being taken to task in a very public way.

We now have the Hibs manager being vilified and threatened by the main culprits in sectarianism because of the way he has reacted during a football match at their stadium ..... releasing a statement which deliberately and studiously avoids mention of the background against which Neil Lennon felt entirely justified in celebrating that goal the way he did .... that being years of vile abuse directed at him, and which was continued on Saturday, based solely on the fact that he is a Roman Catholic .... and much worse in their bigoted eyes a Roman Catholic who has played for and managed Celtic and has refused to be intimidated by the disgusting abuse that inevitably brings with it from them. The fact that he is now manager of what in their eyes are just another bunch of papist Fenian bead rattlers just adds to their hatred and bigotry.

This club 1872 bunch are clearly solidly connected to the The Rangers boardroom and if they think its appropriate to ramp this situation up to the level they have, to the extent where the manager of Hibernian Football Club may well find himself in court, then the time for Scottish football and Hibs in particular to bury their heads in the sand is over.
Take this all the way to court and lets see the SFA / SPFL and especially The Rangers football club explain away the absolute blizzard of evidence Lennon would be able to provide showing that The Rangers football club all the way up to the boardroom give silent approval to a culture of sectarianism and bigotry endemic within the clubs support which makes the workplace for Neil Lennon an any other player or manager of a Catholic persuasion a hateful and dangerous place to be when that club is involved, be that at home or away.

If the The Rangers support with the clear approval of the folk running the club think they can open Pandora's box without the hideous truth which will inevitably turn and destroy them being released its perhaps time that their eyes were opened ............ go to it Hibs :aok:

mca
14-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately i I could not get a ticket for Saturday but if I was and the reports are correct about the sectarian singing then all hibs fans who did attend greyscull need to report it to police scotland . They cannot turn a blind eye if there are hundreds of complaints. In fact I would urge all fans from all teams to report on mass at every game. Give the authorities no option but to act against these morons absolute bellends the lot of them.

Petrie and co need to tell them to go and do one

Exactly This... If Everyone with a Ticket emails or complains about the Singing to police scotland.. then they will have to do something at some point.. Shirley..

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Leeann and Rod need to be strong on this, if any charges are made we need to hammer them on sectarian songs , let's stay strong against bigotry.

See where you're coming from but into trap fallen.
Need to be smart and focus our efforts where it matters - on the pitch.
best not to get sucked into stuff that drains the energy and focus - Leeann's primary energy needed elsewhere. Press will have a feeding frenzy let's not Stokesy the fire... imo.

Not saying don't respond just we need to be proportionate. Decisive. End of story. Move on.

Jack
14-08-2017, 07:56 PM
I think we need to address the death threats before anything else. I hope our club will contact Rangers and Club 1872 urging them to unequivocally condemn the death threats and incitement to murder our manager that have appeared on social media. I think we should also make our own public statement that these threats are in no way acceptable in a civilised society regardless of the perceived 'provocation'.

Club 1872's overblown reaction to the events has undoubtedly incited the deplorable activity of these simpletons and their continued silence on the matter now could only be interpreted as approving of them. Of course any club with a modicum of decency would not have to be prodded but there is no evidence that The Rangers fall into that category.

Their reaction reminds me of the over reaction 18 months ago that was equally unfounded.

Jack
14-08-2017, 07:59 PM
best not to get sucked into stuff that drains the energy and focus - Leeann's primary energy needed elsewhere. Press will have a feeding frenzy let's not Stokesy the fire... imo.

Not saying don't respond just we need to be proportionate. Decisive. End of story. Move on.

Rod is not only an accountant he's a wordsmith. Let him be our spokesperson. After all he's not doing much at Hibs these days!

Jones28
14-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Their sense of entitlement is astonishing, and here was me thinking nobody liked them but they didn't care?

A majority of jambos even thought there was nothing wrong with what Lenny did.

HibbyKeith
14-08-2017, 08:19 PM
If the SFA would do their job correctly hibs should be in a position to just sit back and wait for action. The SFA should be the first to swing the hammer.

As the referees employer you'd think they would have something to say about the rendition of "Who's the fenian in the black" chant that rang round Ibrox after Jack was sent packing, Especially with the constant push to rid all acts of sectarianism/bigotry/racism from the modern game.

The far from minority sectarian venom that is spilled from the stands wherever they go continues to go unpunished and until our governing body grows a pair it will forever be this merry-go-round.

to quote Police crime commission Tony Lloyd "From bar staff to bus drivers, we all have a right to work without fear, violence or the threat of violence. Abuse should never be treated as ‘part of the job’, and I urge anyone who has been a victim of such assaults to report it to the police.

“It is absolutely unacceptable for people to be subjected to physical and verbal assaults for just doing their job and trying to earn a living."

Do your job SFA.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2017, 08:21 PM

ehf
14-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Exactly ............ The media, the SFA, the SPFL and especially The Rangers football club have skirted around the Elephant in the room for decades now. Clubs like Hibs have reluctantly gone along with this because at the end of the day the fallout that would surround a full blown argument around sectarianism in the public arena involving the judicial system and much worse the clubs themselves would inevitably, at least in the short term, damage every club in Scotland.

Yes the Scottish government have tried to address the problem, but their attempt to do so has caused more division than it has solved and at no time has Scottish football shown a serious willingness to address the problem head on, either on its own or in conjunction with the authorities, mainly because they just cant see a way to do it which would not involve the main culprit being taken to task in a very public way.

We now have the Hibs manager being vilified and threatened by the main culprits in sectarianism because of the way he has reacted during a football match at their stadium ..... releasing a statement which deliberately and studiously avoids mention of the background against which Neil Lennon felt entirely justified in celebrating that goal the way he did .... that being years of vile abuse directed at him, and which was continued on Saturday, based solely on the fact that he is a Roman Catholic .... and much worse in their bigoted eyes a Roman Catholic who has played for and managed Celtic and has refused to be intimidated by the disgusting abuse that inevitably brings with it from them. The fact that he is now manager of what in their eyes are just another bunch of papist Fenian bead rattlers just adds to their hatred and bigotry.

This club 1872 bunch are clearly solidly connected to the The Rangers boardroom and if they think its appropriate to ramp this situation up to the level they have, to the extent where the manager of Hibernian Football Club may well find himself in court, then the time for Scottish football and Hibs in particular to bury their heads in the sand is over.
Take this all the way to court and lets see the SFA / SPFL and especially The Rangers football club explain away the absolute blizzard of evidence Lennon would be able to provide showing that The Rangers football club all the way up to the boardroom give silent approval to a culture of sectarianism and bigotry endemic within the clubs support which makes the workplace for Neil Lennon an any other player or manager of a Catholic persuasion a hateful and dangerous place to be when that club is involved, be that at home or away.

If the The Rangers support with the clear approval of the folk running the club think they can open Pandora's box without the hideous truth which will inevitably turn and destroy them being released its perhaps time that their eyes were opened ............ go to it Hibs :aok:

Great post, agree with every word.

I have a degree of...not sympathy for, but some indulgence/understanding of, the Neanderthal, rank-and-file Sevco hordes because their bigotry and hatred is essentially the product of poverty and ignorance/poor education; if it imbues their otherwise dismal lives with some degree of meaning, it can just about be understood (but should never be tolerated).

However, when the people who control the club come out with this stuff, just because they cannot take losing a game of football, it has gone way too far. It is now a political issue; if Scotland is to have any chance of becoming a progressive, enlightened and civilised nation, our leaders will have to grasp this nettle.

Colr
14-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Exactly This... If Everyone with a Ticket emails or complains about the Singing to police scotland.. then they will have to do something at some point.. Shirley..

From every club that plays there?

mca
14-08-2017, 08:32 PM
From every club that plays there?

If they have Evidence of sectarian singing then yes... Why Not..

Billy Whizz
14-08-2017, 08:42 PM
If the SFA would do their job correctly hibs should be in a position to just sit back and wait for action. The SFA should be the first to swing the hammer.

As the referees employer you'd think they would have something to say about the rendition of "Who's the fenian in the black" chant that rang round Ibrox after Jack was sent packing, Especially with the constant push to rid all acts of sectarianism/bigotry/racism from the modern game.

The far from minority sectarian venom that is spilled from the stands wherever they go continues to go unpunished and until our governing body grows a pair it will forever be this merry-go-round.

to quote Police crime commission Tony Lloyd "From bar staff to bus drivers, we all have a right to work without fear, violence or the threat of violence. Abuse should never be treated as ‘part of the job’, and I urge anyone who has been a victim of such assaults to report it to the police.

“It is absolutely unacceptable for people to be subjected to physical and verbal assaults for just doing their job and trying to earn a living."

Do your job SFA.

Only if