PDA

View Full Version : The Oriam Centre - help

hibeerealist
14-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Need some help from fellow Hibbies on this one. Had a conversation last night with one of the deluded who states;

1. They own part of this (he was not sure how much) as it was a joint venture - not as far as I know but.....?

2. I raised the rent that was unpaid why would you pay rent if part owner, he states they have a 100 year lease and can/will never be thrown out?

3. States they have access to / use of everything at oriam and can use it whenever they want?

Any input guys, I will go back with a comprehensive set of answers.

Ringothedog
14-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Sport Minister Shona Robison announced that £25 million from the Scottish Government's Young Scots Fund would be put towards a new multi-sports centre which would include a national football academy.[2] Universities, colleges and local authorities were invited to bid.[3] By August 2013 there were three finalists.[4] In September 2013, it was announced that the design by Reiach & Hall was chosen.[5][6] The remaining £9 million towards the cost of building came from sportscotland, Heriot-Watt University and the City of Edinburgh Council.[7]

The yams contributed nowt and rent the same as anyone else, that lot are fantasists,

HappyAsHellas
14-08-2017, 09:20 AM
The funding was from the Scottish government which was about 25 million. An extra 9 million was raised by Heriot Watt and Edinburgh council I believe. Don't think Hearts put in a penny as this was about 2013 and cash was a bit of a problem for them then.

The_Sauz
14-08-2017, 09:21 AM
As far as I'm lead to believe, Hearts only own the main academy building and nothing else!

Brightside
14-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Hearts just rent it like anyone else using it.

Kato
14-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Hearts were to be partners with Heriot Watt years ago when the facility was first discussed. They were to use the money they got from SMG to finance this but spent it all on players instead and pulled out of the Heriot Watt deal at the eleventh hour. I don't they own anything at all at HW and rent the facilities like any other customer.

Brightside
14-08-2017, 09:41 AM
As far as I'm lead to believe, Hearts only own the main academy building and nothing else!

Someone has told you porkies. They own nothing out there.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Hearts were to be partners with Heriot Watt years ago when the facility was first discussed. They were to use the money they got from SMG to finance this but spent it all on players instead and pulled out of the Heriot Watt deal at the eleventh hour. I don't they own anything at all at HW and rent the facilities like any other customer.Family yam worked there and with Edinburgh Leisure/city council at the time and still. This is the position.

Maybe they own the Forth road bridge instead? Vlad probably sold them it, or maybe they've bought it on the never never from Mrs Budge?

Maroon balloons.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
14-08-2017, 09:42 AM
They also use a crappy wee part of the gym with old equipment. They don't use the main gym that's available for students.

They have to fit training sessions around netball and Pilates etc.

They own nowt of it.

Andy74
14-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Need some help from fellow Hibbies on this one. Had a conversation last night with one of the deluded who states;

1. They own part of this (he was not sure how much) as it was a joint venture - not as far as I know but.....?

2. I raised the rent that was unpaid why would you pay rent if part owner, he states they have a 100 year lease and can/will never be thrown out?

3. States they have access to / use of everything at oriam and can use it whenever they want?

Any input guys, I will go back with a comprehensive set of answers.

The original facilities were part of a joint venture but it included them renting as opposed to owning any of it.

Oriam I think is a different thing from the original facilities and I'd understood Hearts don't use it?

Mick O'Rourke
14-08-2017, 09:59 AM

Hearts do not own one brick,blade of grass or even a seat at the complex.
It was built through funding from the Scottish Government, HWU and CEC.

Hearts had to renegotiate renting facilities at Riccarton with HW when they came out of administration,having owed HW around £150.000.

Hibernian also rent/hire the Oriam.

Billy Whizz
14-08-2017, 09:59 AM
The original facilities were part of a joint venture but it included them renting as opposed to owning any of it.

Oriam I think is a different thing from the original facilities and I'd understood Hearts don't use it?

Hearts have nothing to do with Oriam, they would pay, as you and I would do, to use it. In fact they play all their development games at stenhousemuirs ground
HW Is a little different, they rent for them, and have a dedicated training area and pitch that they use

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-08-2017, 10:03 AM
We own this city...

Mick O'Rourke
14-08-2017, 10:05 AM
We own this city...

And Govan:greengrin

hibeerealist
14-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Hearts do not own one brick,blade of grass or even a seat at the complex.
It was built through funding from the Scottish Government, HWU and CEC.

Hearts had to renegotiate renting facilities at Riccarton with HW when they came out of administration,having owed HW around £150.000.

Hibernian also rent/hire the Oriam.

Their delusion continues then, they "beLIEve" what they want and spout a load of ***** He even stated "we allow Hibs under 20 team to play games at the Oriam too", very generous of them.

Oh and the capacity once new stand finished will be just over the current ER capacity. ha ha ha

Simkin911
14-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Ask the yam to highlight where the bit they own is listed as an asset in their accounts.....

lord bunberry
14-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Their delusion continues then, they "beLIEve" what they want and spout a load of ***** He even stated "we allow Hibs under 20 team to play games at the Oriam too", very generous of them.

Oh and the capacity once new stand finished will be just over the current ER capacity. ha ha ha
It's hard to believe that anyone could possibly be that stupid, but then you remember that they're hearts fans.

brog
14-08-2017, 11:08 AM
We own this city... ( and our training centre! )

Twiglet
14-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Scottish rugby and the Scottish national side are above them for use of facilities. Can't remember the full hierarchy/ranking but it was an SFA person that told me this when I was at a meeting there a few months back.

Peevemor
14-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Hearts have nothing to do with Oriam, they would pay, as you and I would do, to use it. In fact they play all their development games at stenhousemuirs ground
HW Is a little different, they rent for them, and have a dedicated training area and pitch that they useThe initial plan was for them to be partners in the original HW facility but their financial situation (even then) made them ineligible for the SportScotland grant which was a big part of the financial package. To qualify for the grant HWU had to go it alone with Hearts on a long term lease.

Joe6-2
14-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Sport Minister Shona Robison announced that £25 million from the Scottish Government's Young Scots Fund would be put towards a new multi-sports centre which would include a national football academy.[2] Universities, colleges and local authorities were invited to bid.[3] By August 2013 there were three finalists.[4] In September 2013, it was announced that the design by Reiach & Hall was chosen.[5][6] The remaining £9 million towards the cost of building came from sportscotland, Heriot-Watt University and the City of Edinburgh Council.[7]

The yams contributed nowt and rent the same as anyone else, that lot are fantasists,

If the pay their rent that is, maybe they think not paying rent is the same as owning