PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona v Real Madrid

LustForLeith
14-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Was lucky to be at the game last night and it was something else. With some of the best players in the world playing you'd expect as much but even before there was a goal scored it was the most entertaining goalless draw I'd seen.

Sort of feel for Ronaldo a bit. Every time he was shown in the screen he was being booed then when he finally came on it was worse. Not had a chance to watch it but not sure his second yellow was a dive.

If anything it's got me in the mood for the Hamilton game on Saturday!

frazeHFC
14-08-2017, 08:37 AM
I don't think it was a dive, but it also wasn't a foul. Brilliant goals by him and Asensio. Suarez was a dive but he managed to con the ref.

I don't like Real at all but they look the better side. They have skillfull players but also strength and pace. Barca only seen to be able to play the one way, so if it's countered they have no plan B.

Firestarter
14-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Like Barca but love Zidane, Barca look lost.

DH1875
14-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Surprised at how many Real fans were inside the stadium openly wearing colours and celebrating the goals. Changed days 🙂.

easty
14-08-2017, 09:26 AM
Suarez gets a pen for diving, Ronaldo gets a second booking for being bundled over.

Even the refs who get the biggest games in the world have stinkers.

Lancs Harp
14-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Suarez gets a pen for diving, Ronaldo gets a second booking for being bundled over.

Rangers would have made a statement by now.

Future17
14-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Never a dive but hopefully a long ban for shoving the ref.

DH1875
14-08-2017, 09:43 AM

Spanish football is corrupt. Real get all the decisions don't you know :greengrin

LustForLeith
14-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Surprised at how many Real fans were inside the stadium openly wearing colours and celebrating the goals. Changed days 🙂.

I thought that too!

Not sure if the same would be the same if it was a league match but we were in the Barca end right behind the goals and when Ronaldo scored loads of folk were celebrating in Barca tops! More tourists that real fans I suppose.

I thought Isco was different class. Barca looked a bit weaker up front, the guy they brought back from Everton is no Neymar

DH1875
14-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Never a dive but hopefully a long ban for shoving the ref.

:agree: Could spend it working out in the gym. Looking at him last night, he could do with losing a few pounds :greengrin

Lancs Harp
14-08-2017, 11:00 AM
I know wearing second and third choice kits is more of a coommercial decision these days as opposed to the good old days when it was just because of a colour class but Reals choice of an all blueish kit away to Barca was a little surprising. Took me a little while to get used to it anyway.

lord bunberry
14-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Ronaldo will be in trouble for pushing the ref after he was sent off.

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Suarez is one dirty diving cheating ****

OsloHibs
14-08-2017, 11:32 AM

Agree. How was he not sent off? Great game it was though.

Biggie
14-08-2017, 11:33 AM
end to end, great entertainment....how sharp are these guys ???
Barca fan, but thought Suarez's one was not a pen and Ronaldo's one was.....wonder if the RED for Penaldo means he's out for the 2nd leg ?

Anyway, cracking game to watch

Lancs Harp
14-08-2017, 01:44 PM
5 game ban for Ronaldo pushing the ref.

Is It On....
14-08-2017, 01:46 PM

Wonder if Real Madrid fans will issue a statement condemning the bias of the referee?

.Louise.
14-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Was lucky to be at the game last night and it was something else. With some of the best players in the world playing you'd expect as much but even before there was a goal scored it was the most entertaining goalless draw I'd seen.

Sort of feel for Ronaldo a bit. Every time he was shown in the screen he was being booed then when he finally came on it was worse. Not had a chance to watch it but not sure his second yellow was a dive.

If anything it's got me in the mood for the Hamilton game on Saturday!

I was there too. Couldn't see the Suarez pen incident as I was seated at the other end. The Ronaldo one looked dubious. I think he was more looking for the pen than actually trying to stay on his feet.

Just shows that even though there was lots of openly supporting Real fans in the Barcelona stands that there didn't seem to be any incidents - just banter between them.

LustForLeith
14-08-2017, 03:31 PM
I was there too. Couldn't see the Suarez pen incident as I was seated at the other end. The Ronaldo one looked dubious. I think he was more looking for the pen than actually trying to stay on his feet.

Just shows that even though there was lots of openly supporting Real fans in the Barcelona stands that there didn't seem to be any incidents - just banter between them.

There was a couple in front of us, he supported Barca while she was a Madrid fan. Quite entertaining watching their reaction in the game!

In relation to the Ronaldo five game ban could they not use video evidence to see if it was a dive then reduce it if it turns out contact was made and he should have got a penalty?

Lancs Harp
14-08-2017, 03:40 PM
There was a couple in front of us, he supported Barca while she was a Madrid fan. Quite entertaining watching their reaction in the game!

In relation to the Ronaldo five game ban could they not use video evidence to see if it was a dive then reduce it if it turns out contact was made and he should have got a penalty?

With referenece to the Ronaldo ban I dont think it works like that. In England for instance such contact with the referee is a straight 6 game ban (according to Dermot Gallagher on Sky earlier today) regardless of whatever other offence has been committed. The sending off ban and ban for pushing the ref run concurrently.

MileHighBees
14-08-2017, 04:43 PM
https://youtu.be/eDqv1iAPcjg

Extended highlights of the game.
Forward to about 14:10 if you just want to see the red card incident
(I'm presuming this video isn't region locked - plays ok here in USA)

Thecat23
14-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Wasn't a dive and it wasn't a pen. Just he lost his footing it seems!

Jim44
14-08-2017, 04:57 PM

.......... but he definitely puts a bite into the game.:greengrin

YehButNoBut
16-08-2017, 09:02 PM
2nd leg in Madrid just kicked off, on Sky Sports Foot HD

High-On-Hibs
16-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Cracker :agree:

hfc rd
Marco Asensio is going to be a superstar. Terrific young player.

YehButNoBut
Madrid 1 up after 4 mins Asensio again

High-On-Hibs
16-08-2017, 10:49 PM
So have Barca just been ended as a club? :confused:

frazeHFC
17-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Future looks good for Real with young players like Asensio, Kovacic and Vasquez all showing class at the top level, amongst others.