PDA

View Full Version : Worst decisions against Hibs v Sevco over the years?

RossScott1991
13-08-2017, 08:43 PM
With the orcs crying and releasing nonsense statements. Just wondering from memory what is the worse decisions that have gone against Hibs over the years when playing rangers? red cards, penalties etc especially at ibrox. I know there will be too many over the years, but is there any that stick out for folk that maybe changed the game or we lost because of it?

Jones28
13-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Danny Handling being sent off has to be up there.

hibsbollah
13-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Boozy sending off. Bizarre. Richmond. Appeal failed too.

linlithgowhibbie
13-08-2017, 08:47 PM
1979 cup final, Colin Campbell getting halved by Peter McCloy their goalie near the end of the match at Hampden when it was 0-0. Stonewall penalty not given

matty_f
13-08-2017, 08:48 PM
The handball they got that led to their goal in their 1-0 win at Ibrox at the start of the season before last was a sham. Seen the same thing happen countless times since without a question of a foul being awarded.

JimBHibees
13-08-2017, 08:49 PM
John Macdonald dive at ER when the Daily Record quelled surprise doctored the photo to make out there was contact when clearly there wasn't.

Tommy McLean 6 yards offside goal at ibrox.

Smartie
13-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Was Geebsie not once sent off for being fouled by Mark Hateley?

IIRC it was the red card that put him out of the Wayne Foster/ Dave Beaumont game.

Bostonhibby
13-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Colin Campbell being cleaned out by Peter McCloy in the 1979 Cup Final, a stonewall penalty that a proper hun referee like Bobby Davidson(?) was never going to give.

Wheat Hound
13-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Brian Laudrup getting to retake a penalty after Leighton saved it. No obvious or discernable reason for a retake.....only for Jimbo to save that too 😂😂😂

seanshow
13-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Them being allowed to play on until they scored while our goalie was lying unconscious in the six yard box at ibrox, was pretty brutal.

...If it happened to Goram nowadays I wouldn't be so fussed mind you.

Nailsea Hibby
13-08-2017, 08:55 PM
To many to list.

Green Fish
13-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Hanlon being wiped out, no foul given, sevco went on to score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
Colin Campbell being cleaned out by Peter McCloy in the 1979 Cup Final, a stonewall penalty that a proper hun referee like Bobby Davidson(?) was never going to give.

Brian McGinlay was the ref.

Hibs Class
1979 cup final, Colin Campbell getting halved by Peter McCloy their goalie near the end of the match at Hampden when it was 0-0. Stonewall penalty not given

This. Was my first Scottish Cup final, still convinced we should have won that day but were cheated. Just one of many reasons I celebrated the day their vile club died.

Bostonhibby
13-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Trainer being allowed on when the weight of his newly grown beard caused John Greig to fall sideways and twist his ankle as John Blackley was gliding effortlessly by.

Bostonhibby
13-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Brian McGinlay was the ref.

Honestly couldn't remember which hun it was hence question mark. McGinlay went on to have a decent earner from speaking at Lodge dinners.

Argylehibby
Laursen fouled and falls to ground, as he pushes himself off the deck they shoot and it hits his arm. Bad enough they got a penalty but he gets sent off as well.

Hibbycol
1979 cup final, Colin Campbell getting halved by Peter McCloy their goalie near the end of the match at Hampden when it was 0-0. Stonewall penalty not givenAs it happened I screamed P E N A L T Y at the top off my wee boy voice ......! and the ref did nowt ! .new then we would get nowt down the years playing that lot .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
13-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Laursen fouled and falls to ground, as he pushes himself off the deck they shoot and it hits his arm. Bad enough they got a penalty but he gets sent off as well.

Think this was against Celtic

Alex Trager
13-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Elbows pulling the ball about the box whilst on the ground and getting away with it.

Similar to the non sense decision Falkirk got away with in the play off

Hibbycol
13-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Brian Laudrup getting to retake a penalty after Leighton saved it. No obvious or discernable reason for a retake.....only for Jimbo to save that too [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Best save double save I have ever bore witness too [emoji16]

MartinfaePorty
13-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Was Geebsie not once sent off for being fouled by Mark Hateley?

IIRC it was the red card that put him out of the Wayne Foster/ Dave Beaumont game.

Hateley fouled Geebsie, knocking him to the ground where Hateley then fell over him. Another which always rankled me was Ulrik Laursen at Easter Road pushing himself up off the ground after a tackle in our box and a (the previous incarnation) Rangers player battering the ball off his arm and winning a penalty and a red card for Laursen. Not sure what he was supposed to do as it was about 6 feet away and he couldn't move his arm as he was in the act of getting up.

Diclonius
I mind a game a few years ago at ER they won the league by beating us 1-0. Near the end of the game, Riordan went down after a challenge from their player but no penalty was given. Minutes later, we had a goal disallowed for Nish doing the exact same thing to one of their players before scoring.

BS44
Was Ulrik Laursen sent off and that lot given a penalty after he fell on the ball in a game at ER?

MartinfaePorty
13-08-2017, 09:04 PM

Just noticed this! Great minds and all that...

MartinfaePorty
13-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Brian Laudrup getting to retake a penalty after Leighton saved it. No obvious or discernable reason for a retake.....only for Jimbo to save that too 😂😂😂

To be fair, IIRC Andy Millen was just about in front of Laudrop when he took the first penalty. I was raging at him thinking he'd ruined it for us.

Bostonhibby
Scratching my head to find the lowlights of the horrible tackles dished out with impunity by the ugly combination of plain nasty Alex MacDonald and the cowardly but sneaky Tom Forsyth happened so often that it was the norm. They just got away with murder.

Edinburgh Green

Defo against rangers. Remember it being a night game

Argylehibby
13-08-2017, 09:07 PM

Nope, definitely against them

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/1730483.stm

Just Jimmy
13-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Defo against rangers. Remember it being a night gameIt was a boxing day game. Maybe 2002?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Deansy
13-08-2017, 09:09 PM
A game we played against them in the 70's at ER on a Wednesday-afternoon due to the miners-strike - it was a miserable day and the pitch was a quagmire. Schaedler caught the wee rat, Tommy McLean a beauty about 10 yeards outside the box. I'll always remember, the referee - Bobby Davidson (allegedly admitted he hated Hibs after he retired - he was the 1970's version of Craig Thomson !!) standing watching, waiting on McLean's impetus from the foul helping him slither into the box - and as soon as he did, Davidson blew for a penalty ! Things like that were a reguar occurrence against the Hun in the 70's !

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Wallace smashing into Hanlon and allowing Miller to run through and score. 2-0 win for them in Stubbs first season.

Actually a ****ing mindblowing decision. One of the worst I've ever seen.

RossScott1991
13-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Wallace smashing into Hanlon and allowing Miller to run through and score. 2-0 win for them in Stubbs first season.

Actually a ****ing mindblowing decision. One of the worst I've ever seen.

remember this well, was sat baffled and even when miller had scored i was expecting the ref to blow for a foul. Some of the players looked just as baffled

Ringothedog
13-08-2017, 09:15 PM
A game we played against them in the 70's at ER on a Wednesday-afternoon due to the miners-strike - it was a miserable day and the pitch was a quagmire. Schaedler caught the wee rat, Tommy McLean a beauty about 10 yeards outside the box. I'll always remember, the referee - Bobby Davidson (allegedly admitted he hated Hibs after he retired - he was the 1970's version of Craig Thomson !!) standing watching, waiting on McLean's impetus from the foul helping him slither into the box - and as soon as he did, Davidson blew for a penalty ! Things like that were a reguar occurrence against the Hun in the 70's !

Different game the one you are thinking of was a Scottish cup replay when they beat us 2-1, the miners strike game was 0-0 after they beat us 2-0 in the first leg.

sambajustice
13-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Not Hibs related but good example of Hun refs... :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NR-CDSTKRo

lyonhibs
remember this well, was sat baffled and even when miller had scored i was expecting the ref to blow for a foul. Some of the players looked just as baffled

A classic example of the importance of playing to the whistle.

One that I remember was Barry Ferguson at ER, dribbling with the ball and when faced with a Hibs player (John O'Neill perhaps??) he just ignored the ball for a second, 2 handed shoved the Hibs player in the chest and went back to dribbling the ball.

Ref's decision?? Play on. :confused:

lapsedhibee
Boozy sending off. Bizarre. Richmond. Appeal failed too.

:agree: That, and Boydy's forearm smash on Zemmama. Was a straight red but can't remember now if we even got a free kick for it (don't think we did).

JimBHibees
13-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Not Hibs related but good example of Hun refs... :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NR-CDSTKRo

Quite simply wow.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Iirc Goram (whilst Hibs keeper) was knocked unconscious at Ibrox play was not stopped. And a Rangers scored. Farce.

Auckland Hibs
13-08-2017, 09:26 PM

This one stands out for me - an absolute criminal decision. The penalty award was a bad decision, the red card was completely laughable.

The other is Gazza being only Yellow carded for "booking" the ref at Ibrox, the ref should have sent him off ! :wink:

Auckland Hibs
13-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Quite simply wow.

I've never seen that one before - speechless!

Argylehibby
13-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Iirc Goram (whilst Hibs keeper) was knocked unconscious at Ibrox play was not stopped. And a Rangers scored. Farce.

And Mickey Weir got sent off for telling the ref how poor the decision was!

jgl07
13-08-2017, 09:33 PM
For me the match at Easter Road in the Jim Duffy era when Hibs were top of the table (or there abouts). Hibs led 3-1 and very nearly 4-1 before the referree started giving a foul every time a Hibs defender went near a Rangers player. With Jorge Albertz and Paul Gascoigne in the Rangers team, free kicks anywhere near the goal were always dangerous. Hibs were afraid to tackle and Rangers ended up winning (4-3?).

eastterrace
13-08-2017, 09:37 PM
For me the match at Easter Road in the Jim Duffy era when Hibs were top of the table (or there abouts). Hibs led 3-1 and very nearly 4-1 before the referree started giving a foul every time a Hibs defender went near a Rangers player. With Jorge Albertz and Paul Gascoigne in the Rangers team, free kicks anywhere near the goal were always dangerous. Hibs were afraid to tackle and Rangers ended up winning (4-3?).

Think we lost due to pish goalkeeping by big Ollie gotskalson , especially Marco negri winner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kato
13-08-2017, 09:52 PM

I was in the away end that day, no ticket so paid into their old standing enclosure underneath the main stand. Goram had swallowed his tongue and was lying in the box. The ball broke to McCoist who stroked it home, ref gives the goal and sent Mickey Weir off for protesting. According to the "minority" standing beside me that day views ranged from Goram being a "cheating fenian bassa" to wishes that he was dead. I've never shared a terrace with such vile specimens before or since.

MartinfaePorty
13-08-2017, 10:03 PM
I was in the away end that day, no ticket so paid into their old standing enclosure underneath the main stand. Goram had swallowed his tongue and was lying in the box. The ball broke to McCoist who stroked it home, ref gives the goal and sent Mickey Weir off for protesting. According to the "minority" standing beside me that day views ranged from Goram being a "cheating fenian bassa" to wishes that he was dead. I've never shared a terrace with such vile specimens before or since.

Think it was actually Derek Ferguson who lobbed it into the net, despite Neil Orr trying his best to palm it over. However, the linesman obviously wasn't a lodge member, as he gave a penalty for handball in the 2nd half and Kano stroked it past Nicky Walker to give us a draw on my first ever visit to Ibrox.

RyeSloan
13-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Was there not an occasion where John O'Neill got sent off for catching his laces in a Rangers players boot?

And what about when Paco Luna was sent off for having the temerity to score? Sure that was against the old, not missed in the slightest, original 1690 brigade?

Liberal Hibby
13-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Didn't a Hibs player get sent off at Ibrox for tripping over his untied bootlace?

Callum_62
13-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Evans out over the season [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majorhibs
13-08-2017, 10:24 PM

This one among millions. Hun (Hateley?) dived on Lauren's back, put him down, he did not know where he was, sprawled, pushed himself up, facing away from everything, hun, think laudrup, shot, hit Lauren's arm while he's facing other direction, ref blows runs up pen huns & Laursen off!. 0-0 at time IIRC, finished 0-1. **** scandalous. Somebody must have this recorded to show how bad establishment & huns used to be?

ancient hibee
13-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Campbell penalty was the worst because it was so important
Been so many that sometimes they merge into each other.One cup tie at aeaster Road.Cropley takes a corner,Forsyth flattens Edwards in the box,goalie flaps it out to Duncan who rifles it into the roof of the net.Ref,Valentine/Davidson?,they're all the same,blows and points,I think he's decided to cheat by giving us the penalty instead of the goal but no he's giving offside against Edwards who is still picking himself up.Shortly afterwards McLean falls somewhere in our half and it's a penalty and we're out of the cup.
Stokes got away with one?Long overdue.

erin go bragh
13-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Did Jimmy Boco miss s sitter when we were up 3-1 .

SuperAllyMcleod
13-08-2017, 10:33 PM
I do seem to remember John Greig punching Bobby Smith in the face and getting away with it. I think (but could be wrong) that the ref was talking to the pair of them at the time.

majorhibs
13-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Did Jimmy Boco miss s sitter when we were up 3-1 .

Lavety was away, on the keeper 1 on 1 start o 2nd half at 3-1 us, was chopped down from behind, IIRC in box but maybe just outside, but if he had gone on & made it 4-1 at start of 2nd half we we're winning by loads. Ref gives nothing. They score free kick soon after from edge of box against run of play. Refs job done.

al1875
13-08-2017, 10:45 PM

Yes that's the one that sticks out for me too

Green Man
13-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Gordon Hunter getting his studs caught on a Rangers player's laces, he tried to shake it loose and the ref sent him off for kicking out at the Rangers player. Alex a Miller was on Scotsport the next day disputing it.

LaMotta
13-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Laursen Red card vs huns here at 2:56 into the video.
Tam McManus sent off also for a wee push on the ref after it.

https://youtu.be/OnXObz3a0ww

Liberal Hibby
13-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Gordon Hunter getting his studs caught on a Rangers player's laces, he tried to shake it loose and the ref sent him off for kicking out at the Rangers player. Alex a Miller was on Scotsport the next day disputing it.

That's the one.

snooky
13-08-2017, 11:41 PM

I remember that incident. That was/is the sort of ridiculous decisions that go against all non-OF clubs on a regular basis.

BTW, the cynic in me is saying we will pay for our 'one-off" decision yesterday many times over throughout the coming seasons.
And, when we complain, all the fingers will point to the Jack sending off incident.
Interesting times ahead

snooky
13-08-2017, 11:49 PM

I remember that happening to John O' Neil at ER. He got sent off when his lace got caught in the other player's boot.
IIRC, the other player tried to plead J O'N's case with the ref but the idiot still sent our man off.
Can't remember who we were playing though.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2017, 12:06 AM
At ibrox when we won 0-1 with a Murphy header the board went up for minutes to be added. the ref played 8 (eight) additional minutes as I timed it on my watch. That really was a play until you score job, thankfully they never.

There have been many decisions over the year. I mind Barry the crab scoring in a midweek game at ER, celebrated right in front of the east with a giruy gesture, no booking not even a word if I recall correctly.

Steve-O
14-08-2017, 02:23 AM

To be fair, Darren Jackson got Hibs a penalty that day with an impressive dive into the box from about 2 yards outside it! :hilarious

SouthMoroccoStu
14-08-2017, 04:55 AM
Didn't a Hibs player get sent off at Ibrox for tripping over his untied bootlace?

Orman

Bizarre one.

If I remember correctly, Ormans boot studs got caught in the laces of a Rangers player

He kicks out to release or his legs gets dragged out and the ref viewed it as orman kicking out

The appeal was unsuccessful

SouthMoroccoStu
14-08-2017, 04:56 AM
Boyd taking out Zamama was a shocker

Tyler Durden
14-08-2017, 05:07 AM
Orman

Bizarre one.

If I remember correctly, Ormans boot studs got caught in the laces of a Rangers player

He kicks out to release or his legs gets dragged out and the ref viewed it as orman kicking out

The appeal was unsuccessful

It was John O'Neil at Ibrox, think the game finished 1-0.

Another one that annoyed me was Kevin McBride being sent off at home to Rangers. Second game of Yogis last season, opening of the East stand.

Lafferty had a shocking challenge on Liam Miller and as the ball broke with Lafferty on the ground McBride blasted it off Lafferty before all hell broke loose. One offence is a reckless dangerous tackle from behind, the other is a player getting hit by a ball - both red cards according to the ref!

We go on to lose 3-0, Edwin De Graf failing to score an open goal

lapsedhibee
14-08-2017, 05:50 AM

Chick Young "Averladze" :faf:

Joe6-2
14-08-2017, 06:53 AM

This

Tom Hart RIP
14-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Penalty 1973 cup replay at ER. Alan Gordon punched in penalty area. Hibs players protested and Rangers broke away. Bobby Davidson the ref gave it from 50 yards away. Blatant dive and outside box. Winner played Airdrie in semi and Davidson was connected to the club in some capacity. I think he later became a president.
Over 49,000 there for midweek game.
Still annoys me 44 years later.
Following year Davidson thought he was getting World Cup final but Jack Taylor got it instead and Davidson took the huff. Good

SouthMoroccoStu
14-08-2017, 06:58 AM
3 pages of incidents that have see hibs undone by poor refereeing

Never mind all the small decisions that happen during a game all accumulating

matty_f
14-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Did Davie Weir not have Riordan round the throat in a game at Easter Road? Think McGregor might have been sent off in the same incident, or should have been sent off.

FastEddieFelson
14-08-2017, 07:23 AM
Not fully sure about this one, so might need someone to either back it up or write it off as pish, but... In the playoff second leg, the ref blew for full time just after Cummings scored with a good twenty seconds of injury time left.

givescotlandfreedom
14-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Allan McGregor simulates a headbutt from Derek Riordan and goes down clutching his face after literally zero contact. No further action taken http://m.zimbio.com/photos/Allan+McGregor/Derek+Riordan/Hibernian+v+Rangers/uqU0GMSZzUT

Funkydunc
14-08-2017, 07:44 AM
I remember that happening to John O' Neil at ER. He got sent off when his lace got caught in the other player's boot.
IIRC, the other player tried to plead J O'N's case with the ref but the idiot still sent our man off.
Can't remember who we were playing though.

I'm sure that was at ibrox. Tbf their player tried to explain to the ref what happened but of course it was a shockingly bad straight red.

givescotlandfreedom
14-08-2017, 07:50 AM
I recall Bobby Williamson going mental under his tenure when Bert Konterman palmed the ball off Mixu's napper when he was about to head in a last minute equaliser. Even he said you don't get decisions against the old firm and he was a hun. More here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/2438919.stm

DH1875
14-08-2017, 07:56 AM
3 pages of incidents that have see hibs undone by poor refereeing

Never mind all the small decisions that happen during a game all accumulating

We should start a petition :greengrin

Kato
14-08-2017, 07:59 AM
I'm sure that was at ibrox. Tbf their player tried to explain to the ref what happened but of course it was a shockingly bad straight red.

...and the appeal failed.

NGP
14-08-2017, 08:11 AM
Can't remember names etc, around 10 years ago, big donkey up front for oldco, fouled every challenge, ref books him, the said Hun carries on fouling. Ref has a word with 4th official, who then informed the manager (Smith?) that he should sub the forward, before he gets sent off. Iirc, the substitution took place on the 40 minutes mark. Hibs questioned this, usual blank response

LustForLeith
14-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Them being allowed to play on until they scored while our goalie was lying unconscious in the six yard box at ibrox, was pretty brutal.

...If it happened to Goram nowadays I wouldn't be so fussed mind you.

I wasn't there but remember vividly hearing about this and reading about it in the paper. Wasn't Goram chocking on his tougne and he could have died if he didn't get treatment yet the game continued and someone like John Brown scored?

Diclonius
14-08-2017, 08:46 AM
It was John O'Neil at Ibrox, think the game finished 1-0.

Another one that annoyed me was Kevin McBride being sent off at home to Rangers. Second game of Yogis last season, opening of the East stand.

Lafferty had a shocking challenge on Liam Miller and as the ball broke with Lafferty on the ground McBride blasted it off Lafferty before all hell broke loose. One offence is a reckless dangerous tackle from behind, the other is a player getting hit by a ball - both red cards according to the ref!

We go on to lose 3-0, Edwin De Graf failing to score an open goal

De Graaf missed more open goals than he scored goals. I'd like to say I'm exaggerating, but I'm not.

LNHibs
14-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Lafferty going in high on Miller the ball breaking loose and Mcbride getting sent off for leathering it off him.

JimBHibees
14-08-2017, 08:50 AM
That's the one.

John O'Neil I think.

JimBHibees
14-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Did Davie Weir not have Riordan round the throat in a game at Easter Road? Think McGregor might have been sent off in the same incident, or should have been sent off.

Cup tie McGregor sent off last man Craig Thomson allows the wall to be no more than 6 yards back for the free kick.

The_Sauz
14-08-2017, 08:58 AM
And Tam McManus also got sent off for complaining about it :agree:
Not sure if it was the same season, but Paco Luna got sent off (second booking) for scoring a headed goal at ( FF stand) ER, even the eastside linesman who had a clear view, gave the goal! Barry the Crab complained that he use his hand to punch the ball, and that was enough for McCurry to chalk it off then send Luna off.

Firestarter
14-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Ricksen on Deeks at Hampden in the penalty Semi, their dodgy penalty Anderson saved the same game. Free kick for sod all Tavernier fluked, Handling sent off. The final wins stopped me being so bitter so I've forgotten shed loads.

JimBHibees
14-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Can't remember names etc, around 10 years ago, big donkey up front for oldco, fouled every challenge, ref books him, the said Hun carries on fouling. Ref has a word with 4th official, who then informed the manager (Smith?) that he should sub the forward, before he gets sent off. Iirc, the substitution took place on the 40 minutes mark. Hibs questioned this, usual blank response

Mike mccurry a more modern rangers loving ref. Also the ref for the konterman handball and Laursen handballs and who can forget his man of the match performance against Dundee united a few years back.

Kato
14-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Not sure if it was the same season, but Paco Luna got sent off (second booking) for scoring a headed goal at ( FF stand) ER, even the eastside linesman who had a clear view, gave the goal! Barry the Crab complained that he use his hand to punch the ball, and that was enough for McGinlay to chalk it off then send Luna off.

Dallas was the ref that day.

JimBHibees
14-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Not sure if it was the same season, but Paco Luna got sent off (second booking) for scoring a headed goal at ( FF stand) ER, even the eastside linesman who had a clear view, gave the goal! Barry the Crab complained that he use his hand to punch the ball, and that was enough for McGinlay to chalk it off then send Luna off.

Dallas was the ref think it was handball tho.

G B Young
14-08-2017, 09:05 AM

Don't recall that but I do remember Goram getting jumped by a Hibs fan at Easter Road during a match in the 90s. Again, not related to refereeing decisions I also remember a teenage Kevin McKee getting attacked by a Rangers fan at Ibrox.

Kato
14-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Dallas was the ref think it was handball tho.

Luna headed the ball onto his hand. Goal shouldn't have been given (it wasn't) but to send him off showed exactly where Dallas's sympathies lay.

The_Sauz
14-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Dallas was the ref that day.
It was Mick McCurry...just saw the video that someone put up :greengrin

Dublin07
14-08-2017, 10:00 AM
In the infamous souness match at Easter road he was rightly sent off but if you watch the highlights on you tube rangers should have had about 5 red cards. At least 2 of their players throw clear punches. There is one in the second half where butcher has a fore arm smash across a hibs players face and gets a foul!
In the late 80's maybe early 90's there was a ref called Renton from Cowdenbeath was given our game against them for his last game and travelled in the Cowdenbeath rangers bus. Think they won with a penalty and he was shocking all night. Was at college with his son a couple of years later and he confirmed his dad was rangers through and through.

we are hibs
14-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Kris Boyd (?) headbutting Jordon Forster in a 3-1 win at Ibrox stubbs first season, i'm sure McCulloch elbowed someone that game too.

Fyvie getting a booking for winning the ball, then Fat man Waghorn charging over and shoving him while Waghorn got off without a card.

brog
14-08-2017, 11:22 AM

:agree: The ref that day was Bobby Tait who now makes a living as an after dinner speaker at Orange Lodges. He proudly boasts in his talks that he never awarded a penalty against Oldco in his life. He's also very proud that he actually started the move for (IIRC) their 2nd goal that day. He awarded them a free kick, even the Huns seemed bemused by the award so Tait ran to get the ball, passed it to a Hun who immediately passed on the moving ball & a few seconds later they scored. Almost Hunbelievable!
Going further back you could guarantee that within the opening minutes of any game vs them, John Greig would, with impunity, go right through our top player. Peter Cormack was a regular target, I remember Greig actually putting him into the enclosure, I believe the ref may have wagged his finger.

Argylehibby
14-08-2017, 11:26 AM
:agree: The ref that day was Bobby Tait who now makes a living as an after dinner speaker at Orange Lodges. He proudly boasts in his talks that he never awarded a penalty against Oldco in his life. He's also very proud that he actually started the move for (IIRC) their 2nd goal that day. He awarded them a free kick, even the Huns seemed bemused by the award so Tait ran to get the ball, passed it to a Hun who immediately passed on the moving ball & a few seconds later they scored. Almost Hunbelievable!
Going further back you could guarantee that within the opening minutes of any game vs them, John Greig would, with impunity, go right through our top player. Peter Cormack was a regular target, I remember Greig actually putting him into the enclosure, I believe the ref may have wagged his finger.

At Cormack for leaving the field without permission?

Hermit Crab
14-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Not fully sure about this one, so might need someone to either back it up or write it off as pish, but... In the playoff second leg, the ref blew for full time just after Cummings scored with a good twenty seconds of injury time left.

We won the ball back from kick off and got a throw in about inline with penalty spot, ref blew for full time just as it was about to be launched into the box.

brog
14-08-2017, 11:37 AM

Bobby Tait's finest moment!!

1) Rangers v. Kilmarnock, April 1998. As Rangers attempt to win a 10th title in a row, Grade 1 ref Bobby Tait asks for, and is given, one final match at Ibrox before he retires. With Rangers struggling to find a breakthrough, Tait adds on four minutes of stoppage time in the first half, and five minutes in the second. It backfires spectacularly on him, though, when Kilmarnock score what proves to be the winner in the fourth minute of added time.
A week later, Celtic clinch the title with a win over St. Johnstone.

lapsedhibee
14-08-2017, 11:39 AM
Actually quite sickening reading this thread and reflecting on the corruption which has attached to the old thes over the years. Hope Hibs come out soon with a statement about them which is radically different from the usual 'let's look forward, not back' pish.

Bishop Hibee
14-08-2017, 12:03 PM
John McDonald throwing himself to the ground and winning a pen and McCoist doing the same thing in the game where Souness was sent off. Neither were in any way a pen.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-08-2017, 12:15 PM
We won the ball back from kick off and got a throw in about inline with penalty spot, ref blew for full time just as it was about to be launched into the box.

Oh aye! remember being extremely annoyed by that

Not petition annoyed but bloomin' miffed I can tell you

Biggie
14-08-2017, 12:15 PM
The game where Ulrik Larsson was getting back up and the ball struck him on the arm - Pen to Rangers.
Or the many times John McDonald dived to get them a penalty
Or the best of all Colin Campbell going round Peter McCloy in the last few minutes of the 1979 Scottish Cup Final...blatent pen to hibs.....no chance

snooky
14-08-2017, 12:49 PM
It was Mick McCurry...just saw the video that someone put up :greengrin

McCurry was an accountant and had business connections with either RFC or one of their directors I was told so no reason for him to be bias I guess :rolleyes:

And/or ......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBUC9tvxyWU

emerald green
14-08-2017, 12:57 PM

The bit in bold - I remember that incident as clear as day. One of the most blatant examples of a referee showing clear and open bias towards a particular team that you could ever witness. It was ridiculous.

I don't however recall much of a fuss being made about it either in the papers. As usual, it was just swept under the carpet. I felt totally cheated, thinking "what's the point here"?

brog
14-08-2017, 01:03 PM
In the 1958 cup semi replay we were beating them 2-1 with a minute to go when Ralph Brand punched the ball out of Leslie's hands & another player put it in the net. Of course the infamous Bobby Davidson gave the goal but a brave linesman raised his flag & it was disallowed. Newspaper pictures subsequently proved conclusively it was hand ball. It may be an apocryphal tale but I was told by a future Hibs Chairman & a future Manager that the linesman never officiated again. A fine reward for his integrity.

Kato
14-08-2017, 01:11 PM
thinking "what's the point here"?

Felt that many times, mate.

snooky
14-08-2017, 01:33 PM
For the worst ever bad call I propose linesman Andy Davis's penalty call at Tynie (Hearts v RFC). He says he flagged for a jersey pull that wasn't caught on camera. (BTW, no-one else saw it not even referee Dallas). That decision more or less allowed Rangers to win the league.

Beaton's calls on Saturday, whether right or wrong, were a amazing and a refreshing change from the norm.

ancient hibee
14-08-2017, 03:45 PM
In the 1958 cup semi replay we were beating them 2-1 with a minute to go when Ralph Brand punched the ball out of Leslie's hands & another player put it in the net. Of course the infamous Bobby Davidson gave the goal but a brave linesman raised his flag & it was disallowed. Newspaper pictures subsequently proved conclusively it was hand ball. It may be an apocryphal tale but I was told by a future Hibs Chairman & a future Manager that the linesman never officiated again. A fine reward for his integrity.
They were still going on about it in their match programme thirty years later.

JohnMcM
14-08-2017, 03:55 PM
The very worst decision ever made in one of these games was, quite amusingly made by the Sevco forerunners.

That was when they saw Garry O'Connor being taken off, saw Ivan Sproule come on and decided to stop the close marking they had placed on Garry.

One of the most glorious hat-tricks ever with great service and running from Scott Brown.

Pleasing, so very, very pleasing. :lolrangers:

Firestarter
14-08-2017, 04:07 PM

Yeah! At their end.

MKHIBEE
14-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Penalty 1973 cup replay at ER. Alan Gordon punched in penalty area. Hibs players protested and Rangers broke away. Bobby Davidson the ref gave it from 50 yards away. Blatant dive and outside box. Winner played Airdrie in semi and Davidson was connected to the club in some capacity. I think he later became a president.
Following year Davidson thought he was getting World Cup final but Jack Taylor got it instead and Davidson took the huff. Good

I remember that night, didn't Blackley get sent off in the first game at Ibrox which finished scoreless?

brog
14-08-2017, 04:29 PM
I remember that night, didn't Blackley get sent off in the first game at Ibrox which finished scoreless?

Blackley was sent off IIRC in the game we lost 1-0 when Tommy McLean was 10 yards offside. Sloop told the lino to stick his orange flag up his orange ar**, allegedly.

Northern Hibby
14-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Petrofac cup

Malthibby
14-08-2017, 06:34 PM

:agree: One of the most costly & blatant ones, but in the 70's it was absolutely commonplace; the bias was institutional & wholesale. Who was the ref who dined on retirement at BlueLodgeDo's across the country on the basis of Rangers never having lost a game he was in charge of?

Malthibby
14-08-2017, 06:35 PM
:agree: One of the most costly & blatant ones, but in the 70's it was absolutely commonplace; the bias was institutional & wholesale. Who was the ref who dined on retirement at BlueLodgeDo's across the country on the basis of Rangers never having lost a game he was in charge of?
Just read Brog's post. D'oh. Tait.

KingFranck
14-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Remember this well one of the worst referee/linesman decisions ever was it Laudrup that hit the shot that hit his arm ?

weecounty hibby
14-08-2017, 07:31 PM
My first real memory of it was that diving rat John McDonald at ER. I was sat in the old seated enclosure and Benny wasn't even close to him. Over he went and penalty. An outrageous decision. I was still pretty young at the time and couldn't believe it. After the game my uncle td me some of the stories posted earlier, particularly about Davidson. Been happening for years and hopefully Saturday was the beginning of the end for the cheating that has been part of Scottish football for decades.
McDonalds nickname was Polaris, after the class of nuclear submarines. They didn't dive as often as he did though. Younger Hibbies should google it to see how bad it was

SRHibs
14-08-2017, 07:37 PM
To be fair, Cristiano Ronaldo just got a 5 game ban for an offence similar to the one McManus committed.

Forthview
14-08-2017, 07:53 PM

Thats the winner for me, I remember it well.

cad
14-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Was Ulrik Laursen sent off and that lot given a penalty after he fell on the ball in a game at ER?

:grr:Still hits a nerve that one Im 99.9% sure it never hit him on the arm he was on the ground his head was pointing out of the box the shot hit him on the shoulder at the neck it bounced of it back out the box if it hit his arm it was going left or right it didnt :fuming::fuming:
Im bad wi names and faces but I always remember when Hibs got robbed when playing the uglies

GGTTH07
14-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Anyone remember They got a last min pen at ER 04/05 season, was very very dubious. Prso scored the pen.

Deansy
14-08-2017, 08:14 PM
I remember that incident. That was/is the sort of ridiculous decisions that go against all non-OF clubs on a regular basis.

BTW, the cynic in me is saying we will pay for our 'one-off" decision yesterday many times over throughout the coming seasons.
And, when we complain, all the fingers will point to the Jack sending off incident.
Interesting times ahead

That famous St.Mirren fan Chick Young commentating - 'Rangers were awarded a penalty when Ulrik Laursen handled the ball' - huge difference between 'Handled the ball' and 'being struck by the ball' Chick ya lying, two-faced Hun-bassa !. Then he comes out with 'Ricksen's shot did look net-bound' as if to justify their penalty - but carefully neglected to mention that Colgan was on his way down and would undoubtedly have saved it - also no mention that the Hun, involved in the tackle that saw Laursen on the deck, is now blatantly off-side !

It's bad enough having to endure the naked bias shown to the Hun (and Septic) but it just increases the blood-pressure when equally biased commentators completely ignore what's happened and go on to speak of the winning-team as if they won it fairly and squarely !!

Halmyre Hibee
14-08-2017, 08:27 PM

I was at the first game at Ibrox my first ever there (Centenary Stand) and we drew 1-1 (Alan Gordon header) first time I was called a feenian (which I am not) and had to ask my dad what it meant. Went to the replay with my first year secondary school pals and was in the Dunbar end (mixed but 90% them). Yes we were cheated and us 13 year olds were hit by golf balls by grown men. I ended up beside Peter Mccloys left hand post and a big copper chucked me back into the bear pit over the wall. We managed to wiggle our way through to a safer part of the ground. **** then **** now.

mjhibby
15-08-2017, 03:01 AM
So many decisions. Remember at game at tynecastle where butcher rolled the ball down his arm then booted it clear. Cue pandemonium when ref gives nowt. Even archie mc stated it was a clear penalty. I'm sure it was the day we beat Hamilton 1-0 with super Joe mcbride scoring. Was at the game but saw highlights of hertz game later.

houstonhibbee
15-08-2017, 04:14 AM
I was at the first game at Ibrox my first ever there (Centenary Stand) and we drew 1-1 (Alan Gordon header) first time I was called a feenian (which I am not) and had to ask my dad what it meant. Went to the replay with my first year secondary school pals and was in the Dunbar end (mixed but 90% them). Yes we were cheated and us 13 year olds were hit by golf balls by grown men. I ended up beside Peter Mccloys left hand post and a big copper chucked me back into the bear pit over the wall. We managed to wiggle our way through to a safer part of the ground. **** then **** now.
was there too in the centenary stand with my Dad, must have been about 14 ,also shouted and sworn at. Robbed in the replay.

JimBHibees
15-08-2017, 07:23 AM
McCurry was an accountant and had business connections with either RFC or one of their directors I was told so no reason for him to be bias I guess :rolleyes:

And/or ......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBUC9tvxyWU

Was he not a minister?

givescotlandfreedom
15-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Was he not a minister?

He was definitely a minister. Got in a bit of bother with one of the congregation by 'comforting' her in his car when she was going through a rough time.

ACLeith
15-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Was he not a minister?

A Baptist minister probably combined that with his other roles e.g. Rangers activist

SonOfDavidFrancey
15-08-2017, 10:16 AM
The 1979 cup final... about 320 mins of my life I will never get back

snooky
15-08-2017, 11:32 AM
My first real memory of it was that diving rat John McDonald at ER. I was sat in the old seated enclosure and Benny wasn't even close to him. Over he went and penalty. An outrageous decision. I was still pretty young at the time and couldn't believe it. After the game my uncle td me some of the stories posted earlier, particularly about Davidson. Been happening for years and hopefully Saturday was the beginning of the end for the cheating that has been part of Scottish football for decades.
McDonalds nickname was Polaris, after the class of nuclear submarines. They didn't dive as often as he did though. Younger Hibbies should google it to see how bad it was

IMO, the best way to treat a serial diver is to make sure your first tackle it isn't divable if you know what I mean. :whistle:

Mick O'Rourke
15-08-2017, 11:41 AM
The 1979 cup final... about 320 mins of my life I will never get back
Me too.
It tooks us decades to get sweet revenge for those games.
Robbed in the first game.

Although we waited so long to win the Scottish,
it added spice for me that it was them we beat to win it.

The League Cup Final against them at Celtic Park was another game we should have won.

Being a Hibby can be damaging to your health !!

Hibbycol
15-08-2017, 10:32 PM
:agree: One of the most costly & blatant ones, but in the 70's it was absolutely commonplace; the bias was institutional & wholesale. Who was the ref who dined on retirement at BlueLodgeDo's across the country on the basis of Rangers never having lost a game he was in charge of?A guess but Bob Valentine!

Hibbycol
15-08-2017, 10:36 PM
The 1979 cup final... about 320 mins of my life I will never get backStill in councilling for those three games brrr!

HoboHarry
16-08-2017, 01:51 AM
A guess but Bob Valentine!

Really? He was from Dundee if I remember correctly......

Hibbycol
16-08-2017, 02:05 AM
Really? He was from Dundee if I remember correctly......Oh, ok maybe not Valentine, but he did after dinner talks for the Huns and we got nowt from him against the Huns and hertz

snooky
16-08-2017, 08:31 AM
I heard Brian McGinley talk at a Sportsmen's Dinner. All his jokes and stories came from a Rangers angle. He made it quite obvious where his allegieance lay although we all already knew that from his a days on the field of play. Incidentally, I heard John Rowbotham talk at another dinner. He was very pro Hibs.

Firestarter
16-08-2017, 09:28 AM
I heard Brian McGinley talk at a Sportsmen's Dinner. All his jokes and stories came from a Rangers angle. He made it quite obvious where his allegieance lay although we all already knew that from his a days on the field of play. Incidentally, I heard John Rowbotham talk at another dinner. He was very pro Hibs.

Kenny Clark also completely pro Rangers. Rowbothams last ever Hibs match he gave us a cheap free kick at Tynie leading to Konte hitting the bar and Deano scoring the rebound, scenes and all was forgiven Mr Rowbotham.

givescotlandfreedom
16-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Kenny Clark also completely pro Rangers. Rowbothams last ever Hibs match he gave us a cheap free kick at Tynie leading to Konte hitting the bar and Deano scoring the rebound, scenes and all was forgiven Mr Rowbotham.

I think that goal was the most I ever celebrated at Merricksville