PDA

View Full Version : Highlights

Winston Ingram
13-08-2017, 05:40 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/40913510

hibee_girl
13-08-2017, 06:19 PM
First time I've seen Stokes' booking, maybe a wee let off there but we were surely due one! :greengrin

Green Badger
13-08-2017, 06:25 PM
First time I've seen Stokes' booking, maybe a wee let off there but we were surely due one! :greengrin

Agreed, definitely well overdue a decision at Ibrox.

What about the commentary "Hibs could be on their way to a famous win.." surely we've beaten them so often it should be "Hibs on their way to a routine win..." :greengrin

SeanWilson
13-08-2017, 06:44 PM

Stokesy does that 20 mins later and he's off. Lucky boy. Hey ho, we'd have done them anyway, once we settled we were always in the ascendancy.

High-On-Hibs
13-08-2017, 06:50 PM
Agreed, definitely well overdue a decision at Ibrox.

What about the commentary "Hibs could be on their way to a famous win.." surely we've beaten so often it should be "Hibs on their way to a routine win..." :greengrin

Found that odd myself. Havent we beaten The Rangers more times than not? :confused:

Sir David Gray
13-08-2017, 06:53 PM
There's no doubt that Stokes should have been sent off, I've no idea what he was thinking about.

However they should have had Morelos off for persistent fouling. He was constantly looking for a fight and being confrontational. He should have walked as well.

I actually couldn't care less how we win in these games. In some ways it actually makes it better when we've won in controversial circumstances or got away with something.

Long may that continue.

nonshinyfinish
13-08-2017, 06:57 PM
There's no doubt that Stokes should have been sent off, I've no idea what he was thinking about.

However they should have had Morelos off for persistent fouling. He was constantly looking for a fight and being confrontational. He should have walked as well.

I actually couldn't care less how we win in these games. In some ways it actually makes it better when we've won in controversial circumstances or got away with something.

Long may that continue.

Absolutely. If it had been a routine 0–3 horsing then we wouldn't have been treated to their straw-grasping formal statements.

hibsbollah
13-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Found that odd myself. Havent we beaten The Rangers more times than not? :confused:

W8 L6 D0 I recall reading somewhere. Pretty shameful really, we should really be beating them 75% of the time.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Didn't think there was much in the stokes incident...looks to me like the rangers player pulled stokes arm round his own neck with one hand whilst touching his bottom with the other

Sir David Gray
13-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Absolutely. If it had been a routine 0–3 horsing then we wouldn't have been treated to their straw-grasping formal statements.

If you don't get a formal statement of complaint from Rangers within 24 hours of beating them, have you really beaten them at all?

I actually look forward to reading these statements, roll on December. :thumbsup:

Hibee87
13-08-2017, 08:26 PM

That was my thought as well....how is it a famous victory when we have a decent record at ibrox.

Thecat23
13-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Rob McLean is up there with the worst ever commentators. That ****ing dull as dishwater voice. Can't stand it.

The_Horde
13-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Rob McLean is up there with the worst ever commentators. That ****ing dull as dishwater voice. Can't stand it.

This. No excitement or inspiration. Bring back Archie

Thecat23
13-08-2017, 10:04 PM
This. No excitement or inspiration. Bring back Archie

Ooooooft, just past the post 😂

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-08-2017, 10:05 PM
O'halloran looks a right player.

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Rob McLean is up there with the worst ever commentators. That ****ing dull as dishwater voice. Can't stand it.Agreed monotone and mundane

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The_Horde
13-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Ooooooft, just past the post 😂

:agree: Still in there sproule..