PDA

View Full Version : Club 1872 Statement

Pages : 1 [2]

DarlingtonHibee
14-08-2017, 01:33 PM
I presume after receiving so many complaints Police Scotland will be obliged to follow them up.

If this does turn into a situation where Neil Lennon is actually charged by the police with some sort of public order offence then as a club Hibs simply have to take the gloves off and ensure that the whole thing ends up in court.

I don't know if 'Club 1872' or whatever other Sevco groups are involved in this are aware of the phrase 'sew the wind, reap the whirlwind' but if this comes to the conclusion they clearly want it to then it wont take long until they are seeing it in their dreams.

Provocation is allowable in mitigation under Scots law, though rarely accepted in so much as it will allow a 'not guilty' verdict. In the case of Neil Lennon that wont matter. The fact is that his representatives in court would be allowed to raise it as part of his defence in any case against him and the court would be obliged to hear it ...... a state of affairs The Rangers football club, the SFA and the SPFL must surely wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about.

There is a wealth of evidence of sectarian and personal abuse being aimed at this man in and around Ibrox stadium every time he goes there ( including last Saturday ) not to mention a wealth of on line sectarian abuse, personal abuse and threats not just aimed at him but also aimed at the players and supporters of both the Scottish clubs he has managed .... the gauntlet Hibs fans run every time we go to Ibrox is well documented.

It wont matter a toss if Neil Lennon goes to court and is found guilty of a public order offence. It will be the first time in Scottish football history, so far as I'm aware, I could be wrong, that a high profile figure within the Scottish game has ended up in court as a result of his reaction during an actual match to the vile sectarian attitude towards Roman Catholics which is endemic within The Rangers football club and its so called 'supporters'

The can of worms this would open would be a disaster for Scottish football, but especially for The Rangers football club. People elsewhere in the world probably don't care much about what happens on the field when it comes to Scottish football .... but media outlets all over the world would certainly be interested in a story like this, where a club manager ends up in court as the direct result of the religious bigotry aimed at him by supporters of a club steeped in it.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if UEFA and FIFA took an interest as well, UEFA have already punished that club for religious bigotry during a game in Spain ..... a court case involving the same club where religious bigotry was a factor should, if UEFA have any balls at all, result in an investigation of that club and the attitude of its supporters .... with a view to excluding them from European competition until they get their house in order to UEFA's satisfaction.

This big time. Let's shut these ****ers up disgrace to scotland

Mikey09
14-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Lennon might just escape with a police caution. As others have said, to charge him would be opening a huge can of worms and will put the blatant sectarianism in evidence at Ibrox that is mostly ignored by media and authority at the forefront of the debate. I suspect Rangers FC will be happy for this to pass for those very reasons.

Lennon would never accept that!!

jacomo
14-08-2017, 01:40 PM
The can of worms this would open would be a disaster for Scottish football, but especially for The Rangers football club. People elsewhere in the world probably don't care much about what happens on the field when it comes to Scottish football .... but media outlets all over the world would certainly be interested in a story like this, where a club manager ends up in court as the direct result of the religious bigotry aimed at him by supporters of a club steeped in it.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if UEFA and FIFA took an interest as well, UEFA have already punished that club for religious bigotry during a game in Spain ..... a court case involving the same club where religious bigotry was a factor should, if UEFA have any balls at all, result in an investigation of that club and the attitude of its supporters .... with a view to excluding them from European competition until they get their house in order to UEFA's satisfaction.

:agree:

As usual these bigoted snowflakes haven't thought this through.

If Lenny goes to court, the nonsense that goes on at Ibrox gets picked to pieces. The case for the defence could spend months sifting through evidence of sectarian hatred towards Lennon on Saturday.

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2017, 01:47 PM
3-2 Club Statement

3-2 club would like to commend the restraint of our support following yet another 3-2 win for the mighty Hibernian on Saturday 12th August.
The restraint shown by the Hibernian support when forming an orderly queue to enter Ibrox stadium following a clear attempt by The Rangers Neanderthals to incite trouble was commendable. Woman and children alike acted as magnificent ambassadors for our club as they were verbally abused, threatened and treated to a tirade of sectarian abuse from Neanderthals bravely demonstrating at their presence behind a line of Police protection. We can only speculate as to the resultant carnage had these woman and children not shown commendable restraint.

Hibernian 3-2 club are always keen to remind our supporters that the winning score line by which we have named ourselves is in fact a regular occurrence against The Rangers and as such the disgusting and inhumane behaviour should be expected at whatever venue we choose to defeat them at.
To say The Rangers have previous for this sort of behavior would of course be stating the bleeding obvious, unless of course you happen to be of The Rangers persuasion or form part of the powers that govern Scottish football.

From the management of their new club, to the players and then to their supporters we have no need to speculate as to their reasoning. We know they simply do not like to beaten 3-2 by the mighty Hibernian.

The Rangers seem to be completely unable to control themselves in defeat, perhaps in the future they should categorise this match as high risk of defeat in order to prepare themselves properly rather than asking one of the local kindergarten children to comment afterwards.

The Rangers fans who regularly spout their bile and hatred across the internet, in public houses, on the streets and at woman and children have once again shown themselves to be the lowlife **** that the whole of Scottish football recognises.

And finally total respect to our Manager who showed tremendous restraint despite severe provocation throughout the ninety minutes, he along with his team done his talking on the pitch, winning a cup or cupping ears both are equally inciting to The Rangers fans it would appear.

At the very least now the dust has settled, we expect The Rangers to issue an unreserved apology to our manager and our fans and admit they just can’t accept defeat and are extremely sore 3-2 losers.

Flynn
14-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Hello, Hello
We are the Hibees Boys
Hello, Hello
You'll know us by our noise
We're up to our knees in Sevco tears
They get beat and then cry
We are the Edinburgh Hibees boys

We are the people. GGTTH.

#TearsAndSnotters

😂

southsider
14-08-2017, 01:53 PM

As usual these bigoted snowflakes haven't thought this through.

If Lenny goes to court, the nonsense that goes on at Ibrox gets picked to pieces. The case for the defence could spend months sifting through evidence of sectarian hatred towards Lennon on Saturday.
And for good measure appoints Donald Findlay Q C as his barrister.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Doctors prescribing these all over Glasgow today.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-08-2017, 01:56 PM
I suspect that Club 1872 will be more than happy with the way that this has played out. It has taken the media focus away from the real issue and that is how can a club with a following of 50,000 per week, field a team of second rate nobodies and expect to compete.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Been trying to explain this to an English football fan (chelsea) over a few beers just now.

He asked if club 1872 was some kind of super strength lager.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
14-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Lennon might just escape with a police caution. As others have said, to charge him would be opening a huge can of worms and will put the blatant sectarianism in evidence at Ibrox that is mostly ignored by media and authority at the forefront of the debate. I suspect Rangers FC will be happy for this to pass for those very reasons.
I may be wrong but I think that James Blair is both a director of the 1872 mob as well as The Rangers secretary - whether they like it or not they are involved.....

mjhibby
14-08-2017, 02:04 PM
I presume after receiving so many complaints Police Scotland will be obliged to follow them up.

If this does turn into a situation where Neil Lennon is actually charged by the police with some sort of public order offence then as a club Hibs simply have to take the gloves off and ensure that the whole thing ends up in court.

I don't know if 'Club 1872' or whatever other Sevco groups are involved in this are aware of the phrase 'sew the wind, reap the whirlwind' but if this comes to the conclusion they clearly want it to then it wont take long until they are seeing it in their dreams.

Provocation is allowable in mitigation under Scots law, though rarely accepted in so much as it will allow a 'not guilty' verdict. In the case of Neil Lennon that wont matter. The fact is that his representatives in court would be allowed to raise it as part of his defence in any case against him and the court would be obliged to hear it ...... a state of affairs The Rangers football club, the SFA and the SPFL must surely wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about.

There is a wealth of evidence of sectarian and personal abuse being aimed at this man in and around Ibrox stadium every time he goes there ( including last Saturday ) not to mention a wealth of on line sectarian abuse, personal abuse and threats not just aimed at him but also aimed at the players and supporters of both the Scottish clubs he has managed .... the gauntlet Hibs fans run every time we go to Ibrox is well documented.

It wont matter a toss if Neil Lennon goes to court and is found guilty of a public order offence. It will be the first time in Scottish football history, so far as I'm aware, I could be wrong, that a high profile figure within the Scottish game has ended up in court as a result of his reaction during an actual match to the vile sectarian attitude towards Roman Catholics which is endemic within The Rangers football club and its so called 'supporters'

I concur 100%. I'd love for the Govan hordes to have to explain how having to run the gauntlet of hate every time we go there is acceptable and why the sfa has done nothing about the sevco hordes breaking the law at every game has been allowed to continue for as long as it has. I'd be delighted if that odious club could be seen by the rest of the world as the bigoted,hate filled entity who think they are entitled to win and find throwing missiles and cups of urine are acceptable behaviour.

Stokesy's on fire
14-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Lifted from Rangers media...

Rangers fans discuss "bitter" Neil Lennon.

Posted by user: Theulstervolunteer :lolrangers:

"He's nothing but a stereotypical clatty dirty fenian ******* .. he was born and raised in the despicable cult of the Catholic church and surrounded by the political garbage of republicanism he is filled with hatred and bitterness because of it....he will die a bitter ugly vile ******* and I for one will raise a cheer and have a beer in celebration of this animals death....we will still be British this country will still be Protestant as will NI and we will still be Rangers and this animal knows it... **** him ..."

They have issues within their support that seriously need addressing utter ****bags.

fulshie
14-08-2017, 02:15 PM

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if UEFA and FIFA took an interest as well, UEFA have already punished that club for religious bigotry during a game in Spain ..... a court case involving the same club where religious bigotry was a factor should, if UEFA have any balls at all, result in an investigation of that club and the attitude of its supporters .... with a view to excluding them from European competition until they get their house in order to UEFA's satisfaction.Excellent post and correct 100%. :agree:

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 02:20 PM
https://image.ibb.co/kKwora/lolatrangers.jpg

Mr White
14-08-2017, 02:23 PM

"He's nothing but a stereotypical clatty dirty fenian ******* .. he was born and raised in the despicable cult of the Catholic church and surrounded by the political garbage of republicanism he is filled with hatred and bitterness because of it....he will die a bitter ugly vile ******* and I for one will raise a cheer and have a beer in celebration of this animals death....we will still be British this country will still be Protestant as will NI and we will still be Rangers and this animal knows it... **** him ..."

They have issues within their support that seriously need addressing utter ****bags.
Quite aside from the bigotry that guy is expressing (and his ultra ironic use of the words hatred and bitterness) he's also factually incorrect. If Neil Lennon was a republican he would never have chosen to represent NI at international level. Something he did with pride and no controversy until he signed for Celtc. Fuds.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2017, 02:25 PM

Posted by user: Theulstervolunteer [emoji38]rangers:

They have issues within their support that seriously need addressing utter ****bags. Thankfully the rest of the world is leaving them behind in its thinking. Just a shame that approx 50% of these plants get their benefits in Scotland.

snooky
14-08-2017, 02:27 PM

Is It On....
14-08-2017, 02:28 PM

Pretty brutal... is that from Follow Follow?

southsider
14-08-2017, 02:45 PM
We really should up-the-anti to Sevco. First we give Neil a new 4 year deal then we announce we are in favour of stripping their titles 'won' during the EBT years. The hate will be massive.

Blaster
14-08-2017, 02:49 PM
We really should up-the-anti to Sevco. First we give Neil a new 4 year deal then we announce we are in favour of stripping their titles 'won' during the EBT years. The hate will be massive.

And cut their allocation in December.

chinaman
14-08-2017, 02:51 PM

And never give them more than 900 tickets when they come to easter rd

Stokesy's on fire
14-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Pretty brutal... is that from Follow Follow?

Rangers media.

hibees 7062
14-08-2017, 03:07 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20768049_10207687530506457_7280121507901868387_n.j pg?oh=ead9bf438999eea9940e5c78ea989b3b&oe=59ECD7EE

hibees 7062
14-08-2017, 03:13 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20768095_493132891040472_276711344441119601_n.jpg? oh=a788d60fd387c689ee0567df36447400&oe=59F05042

Bostonhibby
14-08-2017, 03:16 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20768049_10207687530506457_7280121507901868387_n.j pg?oh=ead9bf438999eea9940e5c78ea989b3b&oe=59ECD7EEIs this one of those games of hide and seek where the kid thinks you can't see them because they're covering their eyes and can't see you?

If it is brother bear is obviously cheating.

SonOfDavidFrancey
14-08-2017, 03:29 PM
V amusing: clip of NL's gesture has been posted on the BBC spprt website with an ironic/ straight faced 'some viewers may find this content offensive' message -

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 03:31 PM
V amusing: clip of NL's gesture has been posted on the BBC spprt website with an ironic/ straight faced 'some viewers may find this content offensive' message -

It was rather offensive tbf. Did you see those horrendous looking mugs in the background?

Jonnyboy
14-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Excellent piece by Alex Smith talking of 'bigots' 😂

Fife-Hibee
14-08-2017, 03:37 PM

Damn right ! GGTTH

MyJo
14-08-2017, 03:38 PM

:faf: his hands were at his ears for all of 2 seconds

hughio
14-08-2017, 03:38 PM
IMO no reasonably intelligent adult (and I really do wonder who penned that "statement") is going to be at all concerned about this incident.END>

Ringothedog
14-08-2017, 03:39 PM

I would charge them £100 a ticket with no concessions, I know that we would have to charge the same but we could offer tickets in the Famous 5 stand at the same price but with you would get a £72 reduction by showing a ticket purchased from a previous home game for that stand.

Ozyhibby
14-08-2017, 03:52 PM

Still waiting on the EBT statement. Was supposed to be before the start of the season. Not sure what the delay is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr White
14-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Still waiting on the EBT statement. Was supposed to be before the start of the season. Not sure what the delay is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps after discussing it the board feel that it's not in the best interests of the club to make a statement on something that isn't going to change now as far as the spfl are concerned. Can't say I'd blame them for that tbh.

Jim44
14-08-2017, 04:19 PM
https://image.ibb.co/kKwora/lolatrangers.jpg

You poor soul ......... show me how he cupped his ears ......

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20768049_10207687530506457_7280121507901868387_n.j pg?oh=ead9bf438999eea9940e5c78ea989b3b&oe=59ECD7EE

.......... are you sure that's how he cupped his ears?

............. case dismissed!!!

Smartie
14-08-2017, 04:31 PM
The GIRUY isn't nearly as bad in video as it is in pictures either. It's more of a celebratory punch of the air than a GIRUY.

I had thought (having seen the pictures but not the video) that the cupped ears and the general celebration were fine but that the GIRUY had crossed a line.

Having seen it now, I don't really see that much wrong with it, although having read the warning on the BBC website I was very concerned that I was going to be seriously offended.

GIRUY Sevco.

WhileTheChief..
14-08-2017, 05:11 PM
If the clip on the BBC is what they are going by then nothing will happen to Lennon.

All Club 1872 have done is ensure that their club remains a laughing stock for longer.

Fans up and down the country are having a great laugh at their expense, accept of course for Hearts fans who also want to see Lennon done.

.Sean.
14-08-2017, 05:20 PM
If the clip on the BBC is what they are going by then nothing will happen to Lennon.

All Club 1872 have done is ensure that their club remains a laughing stock for longer.

Fans up and down the country are having a great laugh at their expense, accept of course for Hearts fans who also want to see Lennon done.
I have found that to be quite the opposite. The Hearts fans I've spoken to find it hilarious and are far from upset we've put the Huns back in their box.

The Rangers 2012 - The gift that keeps on giving (and not just the 3 points)

SirDavidsNapper
14-08-2017, 05:23 PM
I'm confused with all these Rangers statements over the last few years. Is it Sevco, club twelve, Rangers 2012 or club 1872?

Captain Trips
14-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Think they need to get Dorrans then, totally unacceptable behavior:

Take a look at @gibbygibbo1's Tweet: https://twitter.com/gibbygibbo1/status/896817297393897472?s=09

WhileTheChief..
14-08-2017, 05:30 PM
I have found that to be quite the opposite. The Hearts fans I've spoken to find it hilarious and are far from upset we've put the Huns back in their box.

The Rangers 2012 - The gift that keeps on giving (and not just the 3 points)

Fair point actually, I was basing the Hearts reaction on kickback which doesn't deal in reality :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
14-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Sportsound just starting, wonder what their take will be?!

iwasthere1972
14-08-2017, 05:43 PM

Just shocking but no surprise. How they get away with posting this nonsense on the internet is beyond me. Ambassadors. Aye right.

Billy Whizz
14-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Just shocking but no surprise. How they get away with posting this nonsense on the internet is beyond me. Ambassadors. Aye right.

Site should be shut down

Hibbycol
14-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Can defunct club 1872 give an explanation for this then (tumbleweed moment me thinks)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170814/6167a3c57d9cb274f245b79324973a92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

tamig
14-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Sportsound just starting, wonder what their take will be?!

They ridiculed it. Ian McCall saying it's so pathetic it doesn't even merit airtime.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Something called S club 1872 demands action?

This must be a very important matter. Tell them I'll be in touch.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170814/499c945ea366415c1f9ebf1910a3dbe8.jpg

14-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Sectarian abuse and chants EVERY week
Monkey gestures towards Scott Sinclair
Being that hated filled and bigoted that catholics weren't even allowed to sign for them until the 80's
Vulgar social media abuse
Rioting through Manchester
Spitting on away fans
Throwing coffee, coins, lighters etc at away fans
Tearing up the toilets at Parkhead
Death and violence threats
Bombs and bullets in the post to Lennon
Attacking opposition fans buses

The list could go on and on but i don't have all night. Yet here they are roaring and greeting, running to the police, in "outrage" because of a cupped ear and a GIUY gesture. Honestly could not make it up. HILARIOUS!

Do you think they'd be making all this song and dance, statements etc if they had won? No chance. All deflect, deflect, deflect just like ater the cup final. They want to sir as much fuss around this absolute non-story as possible to deflect away from the result. Usual tactics. Let them keep going, they are the laughing stock of Scotland.

jax67
14-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Think they need to get Dorrans then, totally unacceptable behavior:

Take a look at @gibbygibbo1's Tweet: https://twitter.com/gibbygibbo1/status/896817297393897472?s=09

Dorrans should get done for impersonating a football player
can't remember him doing anything in the match.

Colr
14-08-2017, 07:15 PM
I'm confused with all these Rangers statements over the last few years. Is it Sevco, club twelve, Rangers 2012 or club 1872?

Club 18 - 72. They arrange holidays with fun events. Miss Orange Badtard competitions, and the like.

lapsedhibee
14-08-2017, 07:21 PM
FFS this 1872 drivel is being quoted as part of the lead item on BBC News 24's sports report. Get a grip, beeb!

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 07:24 PM
FFS this 1872 drivel is being quoted as part of the lead item on BBC News 24's sports report. Get a grip, beeb!

Fully funded by the licence fee. :aok:

lapsedhibee
14-08-2017, 07:27 PM

90%

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 07:28 PM
90%

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
14-08-2017, 07:33 PM
FFS this 1872 drivel is being quoted as part of the lead item on BBC News 24's sports report. Get a grip, beeb!BBC Scotland will have supplied the story. Chock full of huns. Their reporters were right in front of us at the final. Very happy when the huns scored. Stunned looks when we did. One of them even brought a fellow hun to sit with them free gratis until he was removed for his OTT Behaviour.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-08-2017, 07:47 PM
BBC Scotland will have supplied the story. Chock full of huns. Their reporters were right in front of us at the final. Very happy when the huns scored. Stunned looks when we did. One of them even brought a fellow hun to sit with them free gratis until he was removed for his OTT Behaviour.

Want to acted shocked but....

Stokesy's on fire
14-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Site should be shut down

The admins on that site should have pulled the comment down and banned the site member horrendous tweet but typical of their support.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Want to acted shocked but....Was in hospitality. Guy kept pointing his finger at us and touching his head.

They equalised and he was right in my mates face mouthing. Steward came over and hauled him out but a guy in a suit lamped him one on the way out! Mental.

We Spoke to the steward about how this one erse got into a Hibs part of hospitality and he said the two young BBC boys brought him in.

Jack Hackett
14-08-2017, 08:00 PM
The admins on that site should have pulled the comment down and banned the site member horrendous tweet but typical of their support.

Admins? Seriously... they've got Admins?

What for?

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 08:04 PM

What for?

So they can ban people who don't use their f's and t's enough.

Carheenlea
14-08-2017, 08:51 PM

You just know that Theulstervolunteer has never set foot in Northern Ireland.

SuperAllyMcleod
14-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Of course, what will really tip them over the edge is if the SPFL announce an investigation into the pitch invasion and uphold the red card for Jack (both of which they should do).

Then we would really see the wagons circle and the victim cards played.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2017, 09:55 PM
You just know that Theulstervolunteer has never set foot in Northern Ireland.This is what gets me.

How the hell do they guard this wall that seemingly needs guarding when half them have never been near it, and the other half who have are in Scotland shouting about Catholics, Queens, ruling Britannia etc . whilst watching a football match.

It doesn't require a military strategist to work out the best times to have a go at said wall if they are so inclined.

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2017, 10:06 PM

Fans up and down the country are having a great laugh at their expense, accept of course for Hearts fans who also want to see Lennon done.To be fair I've seen plenty comments from decent Jambos on social media laughing at Sevco too...they aren't all.neanderthals
..#justsaying

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2017, 10:07 PM
They ridiculed it. Ian McCall saying it's so pathetic it doesn't even merit airtime.McCall is spot on [emoji122]

Hibernia&Alba
14-08-2017, 10:36 PM
How dare those hypocrites release an indignant statement, acting the victim. All afternoon Lennon was subjected to relentless sectarian/racist abuse, do Club 1872 have anything to say about that? No, not a ****ing peep, but just let Lennon cup his ears and it's incitement to riot.

We all knew this was coming Lennon's way, from the moment he took the job. I believe a further death threat was made towards him on social media today. Yes, their statement is funny, but this whole situation is anything but. There are some very dangerous people in the Rangers support; the type of bigots who will go beyond verbal abuse. They are winding each other up into a frenzy on their messageboards, and numerous comments are examples of hate speech. It's needs nipping in the bud now.

Hibbycol
14-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Sectarian abuse and chants EVERY week
Monkey gestures towards Scott Sinclair
Being that hated filled and bigoted that catholics weren't even allowed to sign for them until the 80's
Vulgar social media abuse
Rioting through Manchester
Spitting on away fans
Throwing coffee, coins, lighters etc at away fans
Tearing up the toilets at Parkhead
Death and violence threats
Bombs and bullets in the post to Lennon
Attacking opposition fans buses

The list could go on and on but i don't have all night. Yet here they are roaring and greeting, running to the police, in "outrage" because of a cupped ear and a GIUY gesture. Honestly could not make it up. HILARIOUS!

Do you think they'd be making all this song and dance, statements etc if they had won? No chance. All deflect, deflect, deflect just like ater the cup final. They want to sir as much fuss around this absolute non-story as possible to deflect away from the result. Usual tactics. Let them keep going, they are the laughing stock of Scotland.POST OF THE YEAR [emoji471]

EskbankHibby
14-08-2017, 10:42 PM
"no one likes us, we don't care".

Ehmmm, for a support that sing the above they do an awful lot of bleating and, well, caring.

Hibernia&Alba
14-08-2017, 10:49 PM

And I bet that nutcase wasn't even banned for posting filth like this. Try posting such things on the messageboard of any other club and his feet wouldn't touch the ground. That's hate speech; why isn't the site shut down?

Captain Trips
14-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Here is the real issue 1872. Your center halves are pish and your paying out big wages. Ladies & Gentlemen we have Joey Barton Vol II coming up.

1872 yer teams actually piss.

neil7908
14-08-2017, 10:55 PM

That's why I don't pay mine!

SirDavidsNapper
14-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Here is the real issue 1872. Your center halves are pish and your paying out big wages. Ladies & Gentlemen we have Joey Barton Vol II coming up.

1872 yer teams actually piss.

They'll just let their club die again don't worry.

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2017, 12:25 AM

What for?

probably a daft Q but is their not some type of internet regulator for sites that encourage 'death' threats etc :dunno:

Is It On....
15-08-2017, 05:01 AM
To be fair I've seen plenty comments from decent Jambos on social media laughing at Sevco too...they aren't all.neanderthals
..#justsaying

"Not sure if it's because they've been apart for so long but Hibs/Rangers & Hearts/Celtic have become almost as hate filled as the old firm game....but that The Rangers v Hibs game is a riot waiting to happen...wait till the hun fans arrive at Easter Road...They'll be on that pitch, it's a certainty." Source; Sickback

Deansy
15-08-2017, 05:18 AM

Ehmmm, for a support that sing the above they do an awful lot of bleating and, well, caring.

That belonged to the old Hun -they got a new one -

'NO-ONE LIKES ME ?? - I WANT MY MAMMY - WAAaaahhhhhhhh !!'

Is It On....
15-08-2017, 11:03 AM
"Religiously aggravated crime is rising in Scotland, with more than half of all hate crimes (57 per cent) targeting Catholics or Catholicism, according to the official religious hate crime statistics released in June. This is despite the fact that Catholics only account for 17 per cent of the population in Scotland.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/catholic-church-calls-for-action-on-religious-hate-crime-1-4532084"

15-08-2017, 11:07 AM
According to the Scotsman, the Sun says there will be no action taken by the police against Lennon.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-won-t-face-action-over-ibrox-goal-celebrations-1-4532425 (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-won-t-face-action-over-ibrox-goal-celebrations-1-4532425)

Hibbycol
15-08-2017, 11:31 AM
GIRUY defunct club 1872 ,sad excuses for human beings .

Billy Whizz
15-08-2017, 11:42 AM
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1395706-hibs-manager-neil-lennon-s-celebration-not-a-crime/

Take your statement down😄

SteveHFC
15-08-2017, 11:45 AM
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1395706-hibs-manager-neil-lennon-s-celebration-not-a-crime/

There will be another statement along soon :greengrin

MyJo
15-08-2017, 11:45 AM

To be fair: "No one likes us but our superiority complex doesn't allow us to show that it aggrivates us so we pretend that we don't care, until we get beat by Hibs again and a f****n puts his hands to his ears then the mask slips and we have a self-indulgant tantrum" doesn't really go with the tune :greengrin

Carheenlea
15-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Laughed out the Procurator Fiscal's office.

SteveHFC
15-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Laughed out the Proculator Fiscal's office.

So what can the SFA do now?

Sean1875
15-08-2017, 11:49 AM

The alarm thing is that you're probably right :faf:

Bostonhibby
15-08-2017, 11:51 AM
The fans of the new reincarnation of the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

Always offensive, always offended.

Completely out of step with modern society.

Hibbycol
15-08-2017, 11:58 AM
So what can the SFA do now?Is it me or have LD and hibs been very quiet on 1 defending neil Lennon 2 . decrying the abuse to us (supporters ) in the away end . 3 . making a complaint to raingurs ,sfa,spfl, .4.complaining in the strongest terms through the media and ,twitter and face book and whatever else on the internet. if I have missed any statement can someone point me to it please [emoji106]

Mick O'Rourke
15-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Club 18 to 72 are considering a statement to counter the statement from the PFs office regarding the initial statement.
So expect another statement
It really was laughable for Club 18 to 72 to come out with that in the first place.

Although it did not totally surprise me that they wasted ink doing it,considering the infamous statement made in the wake of the Cup Final.
The one that accused Hibernian fans of assaulting nearly every rAngers player on the park.

Well that is that over ...until the next time !

Until then...............................

:giruy2:

Mikey09
15-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Is it me or have LD and hibs been very quiet on 1 defending neil Lennon 2 . decrying the abuse to us (supporters ) in the away end . 3 . making a complaint to raingurs ,sfa,spfl, .4.complaining in the strongest terms through the media and ,twitter and face book and whatever else on the internet. if I have missed any statement can someone point me to it please [emoji106]

Leann is a very canny operator when it comes to the timing of her statements. She'll bide her time.

Hibbycol
15-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Leann is a very canny operator when it comes to the timing of her statements. She'll bide her time.Hope your right ,can't wait for the response from LD and hibs

McD
15-08-2017, 12:07 PM

Yep, back on their soapbox, decrying the police for not knowing the laws as the sevconians decide them to be, and for encouraging a riot by not slapping the cuffs on Lennon and dragging him through the streets of govan for a public stoning.

feels like calling them morons would be downplaying it significantly

stantonhibby
15-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Is it me or have LD and hibs been very quiet on 1 defending neil Lennon 2 . decrying the abuse to us (supporters ) in the away end . 3 . making a complaint to raingurs ,sfa,spfl, .4.complaining in the strongest terms through the media and ,twitter and face book and whatever else on the internet. if I have missed any statement can someone point me to it please [emoji106]

Not sure a pathetic statement from a self important fans group is worthy of a response tbh

Sean1875
15-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Not sure a pathetic statement from a self important fans group is worthy of a response tbh

This. Would rather see us not get involved in a petty statement back-and-forth with an insignificant club group who have already had their own statement ridiculed.

makaveli1875
15-08-2017, 12:10 PM

this

Mick O'Rourke
15-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Leann is a very canny operator when it comes to the timing of her statements. She'll bide her time.

The "statement" should be treated with the contempt it deserves.
I am sure, just like the "statement" from them after the Cup Final, that Leeann and Rod had plenty to say.
The difference is they are more adult and professional than those who penned the "statement" and would not want to get into a media "war of words" over it.

Hibbyradge
15-08-2017, 12:15 PM

Hibs have rightly ignored the "statement".

CentreLine
15-08-2017, 12:17 PM
All of this controversy has achieved exactly what it set out to do. It has deflected the attention of media and fans away from what was a comprehensive victory by Hibernian FC over the mighty The Rangers. By deflecting attention away from that with spurious complaints about conduct nobody is talking about the failures at Ibrox.
They did it after the last 3-2 loss and have done it again. We need better publicists at ER and to get the media back focussed on the game and what a success story is developing here. Instead, the most successful part of the Ibrox machine is its press department. And we all keep falling for it

Hibbycol
15-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Hibs have rightly ignored the "statement".Europe did that when the Nazis started in 1933 ! bit of an extreme example I know , but you get my gist hopefully .

Sean1875
15-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Europe did that when the Nazis started in 1933 ! bit of an extreme example I know , but you get my gist hopefully .

:faf: :faf: :faf:

what an escalation that is :crazy:

Is It On....
15-08-2017, 12:21 PM
"Whittaker will never be forgiven by the Ibrox faithful for refusing to have his contract carried on when the old Rangers went out of business, the player saying then that he “owed no loyalty to the new club” and that “there is no history there for us”.

stantonhibby
Europe did that when the Nazis started in 1933 ! bit of an extreme example I know , but you get my gist hopefully .

Club 1872 are bad but don't believe they'll be invading Poland any time soon

Hibbyradge

Get your gist? I'm not even close. :hilarious

WhileTheChief..
So on the back of Club 1872s statement, their own fans are now to be investigated and Lennon has nothing to answer to!!!

Good job all round, they saved us from having to do our own statement!

Thick. As. Mince.

jacomo
15-08-2017, 12:22 PM

Seeing as the Hun have opened this can of worms, the polis should investigate if any threats were made to Lennon during the game itself, especially before the 'goading' incident.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Seeing as the Hun have opened this can of worms, the polis should investigate if any threats were made to Lennon during the game itself, especially before the 'goading' incident.

I'm sure that's the next, and most important stage for the Police

The_Todd
15-08-2017, 12:23 PM

I promise we'll retaliate if Rangers annex Firhill.

Is It On....
15-08-2017, 12:27 PM
On Kenny Miller "Saying Stokesey should have been an on the spot 2 week fine" 😂😂😂

Baader
15-08-2017, 12:29 PM

They invaded Fife.

Hibbycol
15-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Get your gist? I'm not even close. :hilariousif you ignore disgusting people like that ,saying bigoted,rascist things and nobody takes them to task they will keep doing it and draw in more mindless morons thinking it's acceptable behaviour, it's not ! and I think (my opinion) hibs should respond in the strongest terms ,but hey maybe it's ok for them to carry on spouting rascist,bigoted,homophobic,anti Catholic bile and say nowt !

Hibbycol
15-08-2017, 12:32 PM
I promise we'll retaliate if Rangers annex Firhill.Lol ok firhill for thrills [emoji102]

Bostonhibby
15-08-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm sure that's the next, and most important stage for the PoliceThey'll not have any free resources until they've captured every hibby involved in the great hampden goading scandal of 2016. With all that exuberance to crack down on the last thing they want to do is get distracted by sectarian hate crime. Especially when there is actually a law in place that they are expected to enforce now and again.

Is It On....
15-08-2017, 12:36 PM

Firrhill, Edinburgh?? They would have to deal with the locals of the ironically named "Good Companions". And just like Hitler invading Russia, I suspect that would be a battle doomed to failure.

JimBHibees
15-08-2017, 12:37 PM
You just know that Theulstervolunteer has never set foot in Northern Ireland.

Or ever had a relationship of any sort.

Hibbyradge
15-08-2017, 12:40 PM
if you ignore disgusting people like that ,saying bigoted,rascist things and nobody takes them to task they will keep doing it and draw in more mindless morons thinking it's acceptable behaviour, it's not ! and I think (my opinion) hibs should respond in the strongest terms ,but hey maybe it's ok for them to carry on spouting rascist,bigoted,homophobic,anti Catholic bile and say nowt !

When there is something specific to respond to, I'm sure Hibs will consider doing so.

Otherwise, we'd be making general statements at least 4 times a season.

KeithTheHibby
15-08-2017, 12:43 PM
All of this controversy has achieved exactly what it set out to do. It has deflected the attention of media and fans away from what was a comprehensive victory by Hibernian FC over the mighty The Rangers. By deflecting attention away from that with spurious complaints about conduct nobody is talking about the failures at Ibrox.
They did it after the last 3-2 loss and have done it again. We need better publicists at ER and to get the media back focussed on the game and what a success story is developing here. Instead, the most successful part of the Ibrox machine is its press department. And we all keep falling for it

Who cares? Everyone is laughing at the huns including the glasgow polis. The only ones not laughing are the huns themselves.

Hibs have been quite right to say nothing as there is nothing to say. Now that NL has been cleared of any wrong doing we move on. If he had ended up in trouble then I would imagine a statement would have been released. Even the nonsense on social media aimed at NL shall be dealt with by the police, no need for us to get involved. The huns pathetic divert tactics fool no-one.

aljo7-0
15-08-2017, 12:46 PM
When there is something specific to respond to, I'm sure Hibs will consider doing so.
A dignified silence is no bad thing when someone is throwing their toys out the pram. I found that my kids' tantrums as wee tots were cut short by simply ignoring them

jacomo
15-08-2017, 01:14 PM
So on the back of Club 1872s statement, their own fans are now to be investigated and Lennon has nothing to answer to!!!

Good job all round, they saved us from having to do our own statement!

Thick. As. Mince.

HoboHarry
15-08-2017, 01:25 PM
I hope this true....

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2017/08/15/angry-statements-and-unintended-outcomes/

Fuzzywuzzy
15-08-2017, 05:39 PM
From something/someone called the rangers observer. Ffs......

Club 1872 right on Lennon

August 15, 2017

By Tom Macintyre | Guest Contributor

This is apparently a controversial opinion in some corners of the echo chamber that is Twitter but Club 1872 were absolutely correct to raise the behaviour of Neil Lennon at Ibrox on Saturday. The reaction of much of the Scottish press pack to the incident has completely vindicated the statement put out on Sunday despite the misgivings of some Rangers fans.

It might be helpful to establish a few facts first because, social media being what it is, some important points have been lost in the hysteria.

Club 1872 didn’t report Lennon to the police. That had already happened within an hour of the end of the game when police had taken statements from a significant number of Rangers supporters in the Enclosure and Main Stand at Ibrox.

Lennon wasn’t celebrating a goal. That’s something you do with your players, staff and your own fans. If your first thought when your team scores a goal is to turn and gesture to the opposing fans then it’s not about the goal. Had a Hibs player done exactly what Lennon did then the chances are they would have been sent off - although not perhaps if the referee was John Beaton.

The game was classified by the police as high risk due to previous issues, particularly the cup final. Lennon would have been spoken to by the police before the game. His club would also have been asked to warn their players and staff to behave responsibly. Now you can cry and moan about what on earth has football come to that this had to happen but those are the facts. It was a certainty the police would get involved after the game given their advice and concerns prior to it.

Predictably, the reaction from Hibs and Celtic supporters to Lennon being publicly called out has not been good. You can sense the horror that someone has actually had the gall to point out that Lennon spends most of his professional life acting like an idiot. Not just at Hibs, but at every club he's managed including Bolton. Guess who else didn’t like it being raised? Graham Spiers, Tom English, Barry Glendinning and Angela Haggerty. Are we seeing a pattern?

It has been the reaction of some Rangers supporters that has been puzzling and arguably incredibly naive. It is a very noble position to take - that we should all just man up and hurl abuse at each other at the football and then go about our business. Wouldn’t that be great? Sadly it totally ignores the environment in which Rangers and Rangers fans find themselves. By now, after all the concocted stories, outright lies and twisted facts you would think people would realise that.

There seems to be a school of thought that somehow Club 1872 prompted the media to defend Lennon. Or that mentioning Lennon has somehow taken away from the horrendous performance of John Beaton. Neither of these theories stands up to any scrutiny.

The Beaton issue will take care of itself. Rangers will appeal the red card and should certainly be informing the SFA of their displeasure with his inexplicably bad display. The press were never, ever going to criticise him to the same level that they have when the refereeing mistakes have been against Celtic - simply because Rangers were never going to make a public issue out of it the way Celtic have. You can argue back and forward whether that is the right approach but it’s a fact.

As far as Lennon is concerned, by Sunday morning and prior to any Club 1872 statement, Lennon was already being painted as the victim of his own actions. Derek McGregor, Mark Warburton’s favourite chew toy at the Scottish Sun, had written a back page defending Lennon’s actions and claiming that objects were thrown at him. He’d effectively accused the Rangers backroom staff of being funny foreigners who just didn’t understand Lenny’s wonderful banter with the crowd. Neil Cameron of the Herald had tweeted some justification of Lennon’s inflammatory gestures. Lennon himself had raised and justified his actions in the press conference after the game.

Lennon, his club and his press cheerleaders knew he was in trouble. His actions were clearly inflammatory. They were always going to attract police and SPFL attention. So the deflection had begun.

From a Rangers point of view, Pedro Caixinha was the first to mention Lennon’s behaviour. There were further press reports that Rangers staff had spoken to the police about Lennon, although it appeared more that the police had been prompted to move towards the dugout by Lennon’s idiotic behaviour.

All of this happened prior to Club 1872 saying anything. And here we get to where they possibly did make a mistake. They were ahead of most people in realising precisely how this would pan out. The police complaints and Rangers’ staff reaction to Lennon guaranteed the press would cover the story. With that also came the certainty that most of them would rush to Lennon’s defence.

Club 1872 could probably have waited until Tuesday or Wednesday when the inevitable opinion pieces would have been out, defending ‘Lenny’ and blaming the terrible persecution he has to suffer. By that time the same Rangers accounts now criticising them on Twitter would have been screaming for someone to intervene at the injustice of it all.

Instead they quickly made the point, correctly, that Lennon’s behaviour was inflammatory and in the context of everything that had gone before, irresponsible. It wasn’t about being offended - Club 1872 never mentioned being offended - although clearly the fans who reported Lennon to the police were.

And to those who say we should just shrug at Lennon’s behaviour? Why should someone’s daughter, or wife, or child be subjected to some ginger idiot firing ‘get it up ye’ gestures into their faces from yards away. Particularly someone who has previous for acting like a ned and being censured for it. And what if someone in the crowd had reacted? It’s not like they haven’t before. Do you think there would have been any mitigation from the press that Lennon should not have been acting how he did?

In certain quarters, although by no means all, the statement has been met with a slightly hipster, ‘against modern football', stiff upper lip reaction. Well guess what, this is modern football in Scotland whether we like it or not and as soon as Lennon made that gesture this chain of events was guaranteed.

Club 1872 have to operate in that environment whether we like it or not. They at least stopped it being a completely one sided love-in about poor, helpless Neil Lennon versus the big bad Rangers support. They should be commended for stepping up to the mark and at least putting across a view that nobody was ever going to see in the Scottish press otherwise. And if you still don’t get that then where have you been the last six years?

Pedantic_Hibee
15-08-2017, 05:46 PM
And that someone's daughter or wife also spent 90 minutes listening to sustained sectarian abuse directed towards Neil Lennon but we won't mention that.

Bostonhibby
15-08-2017, 05:50 PM

August 15, 2017

This is apparently a controversial opinion in some corners of the echo chamber that is Twitter but Club 1872 were absolutely correct to raise the behaviour of Neil Lennon at Ibrox on Saturday. The reaction of much of the Scottish press pack to the incident has completely vindicated the statement put out on Sunday despite the misgivings of some Rangers fans.

It might be helpful to establish a few facts first because, social media being what it is, some important points have been lost in the hysteria.

Club 1872 didn’t report Lennon to the police. That had already happened within an hour of the end of the game when police had taken statements from a significant number of Rangers supporters in the Enclosure and Main Stand at Ibrox.

Lennon wasn’t celebrating a goal. That’s something you do with your players, staff and your own fans. If your first thought when your team scores a goal is to turn and gesture to the opposing fans then it’s not about the goal. Had a Hibs player done exactly what Lennon did then the chances are they would have been sent off - although not perhaps if the referee was John Beaton.

The game was classified by the police as high risk due to previous issues, particularly the cup final. Lennon would have been spoken to by the police before the game. His club would also have been asked to warn their players and staff to behave responsibly. Now you can cry and moan about what on earth has football come to that this had to happen but those are the facts. It was a certainty the police would get involved after the game given their advice and concerns prior to it.

Predictably, the reaction from Hibs and Celtic supporters to Lennon being publicly called out has not been good. You can sense the horror that someone has actually had the gall to point out that Lennon spends most of his professional life acting like an idiot. Not just at Hibs, but at every club he's managed including Bolton. Guess who else didn’t like it being raised? Graham Spiers, Tom English, Barry Glendinning and Angela Haggerty. Are we seeing a pattern?

It has been the reaction of some Rangers supporters that has been puzzling and arguably incredibly naive. It is a very noble position to take - that we should all just man up and hurl abuse at each other at the football and then go about our business. Wouldn’t that be great? Sadly it totally ignores the environment in which Rangers and Rangers fans find themselves. By now, after all the concocted stories, outright lies and twisted facts you would think people would realise that.

There seems to be a school of thought that somehow Club 1872 prompted the media to defend Lennon. Or that mentioning Lennon has somehow taken away from the horrendous performance of John Beaton. Neither of these theories stands up to any scrutiny.

The Beaton issue will take care of itself. Rangers will appeal the red card and should certainly be informing the SFA of their displeasure with his inexplicably bad display. The press were never, ever going to criticise him to the same level that they have when the refereeing mistakes have been against Celtic - simply because Rangers were never going to make a public issue out of it the way Celtic have. You can argue back and forward whether that is the right approach but it’s a fact.

As far as Lennon is concerned, by Sunday morning and prior to any Club 1872 statement, Lennon was already being painted as the victim of his own actions. Derek McGregor, Mark Warburton’s favourite chew toy at the Scottish Sun, had written a back page defending Lennon’s actions and claiming that objects were thrown at him. He’d effectively accused the Rangers backroom staff of being funny foreigners who just didn’t understand Lenny’s wonderful banter with the crowd. Neil Cameron of the Herald had tweeted some justification of Lennon’s inflammatory gestures. Lennon himself had raised and justified his actions in the press conference after the game.

Lennon, his club and his press cheerleaders knew he was in trouble. His actions were clearly inflammatory. They were always going to attract police and SPFL attention. So the deflection had begun.

From a Rangers point of view, Pedro Caixinha was the first to mention Lennon’s behaviour. There were further press reports that Rangers staff had spoken to the police about Lennon, although it appeared more that the police had been prompted to move towards the dugout by Lennon’s idiotic behaviour.

All of this happened prior to Club 1872 saying anything. And here we get to where they possibly did make a mistake. They were ahead of most people in realising precisely how this would pan out. The police complaints and Rangers’ staff reaction to Lennon guaranteed the press would cover the story. With that also came the certainty that most of them would rush to Lennon’s defence.

Club 1872 could probably have waited until Tuesday or Wednesday when the inevitable opinion pieces would have been out, defending ‘Lenny’ and blaming the terrible persecution he has to suffer. By that time the same Rangers accounts now criticising them on Twitter would have been screaming for someone to intervene at the injustice of it all.

Instead they quickly made the point, correctly, that Lennon’s behaviour was inflammatory and in the context of everything that had gone before, irresponsible. It wasn’t about being offended - Club 1872 never mentioned being offended - although clearly the fans who reported Lennon to the police were.

And to those who say we should just shrug at Lennon’s behaviour? Why should someone’s daughter, or wife, or child be subjected to some ginger idiot firing ‘get it up ye’ gestures into their faces from yards away. Particularly someone who has previous for acting like a ned and being censured for it. And what if someone in the crowd had reacted? It’s not like they haven’t before. Do you think there would have been any mitigation from the press that Lennon should not have been acting how he did?

In certain quarters, although by no means all, the statement has been met with a slightly hipster, ‘against modern football', stiff upper lip reaction. Well guess what, this is modern football in Scotland whether we like it or not and as soon as Lennon made that gesture this chain of events was guaranteed.

Club 1872 have to operate in that environment whether we like it or not. They at least stopped it being a completely one sided love-in about poor, helpless Neil Lennon versus the big bad Rangers support. They should be commended for stepping up to the mark and at least putting across a view that nobody was ever going to see in the Scottish press otherwise. And if you still don’t get that then where have you been the last six years?So to sum up let's ignore all the sectarian hate thrown at just about everyone who isn't a the rangers type prodisdunt?

lord bunberry
15-08-2017, 05:54 PM
And that someone's daughter or wife also spent 90 minutes listening to sustained sectarian abuse directed towards Neil Lennon but we won't mention that.
Exactly, they always manage to gloss over that fact. Someone cupping their ears is always worse than sectarian abuse in these morons eyes.
They are a dangerous bunch who should be stopped in their tracks by the police. For far too long they've gotten away with their religious hatred.

15-08-2017, 05:55 PM

Yeah I struggle to believe Neil Lennon is the reason Ibrox is an unsavoury place to take children.

Baader
15-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Staggering ignorance from another The Rangers knuckledragger. No mention of the sectarian songs directed at Lennon and the visiting support. The only crime that has actually taken place here.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Have we heard any reaction from Statement FC to the police's decision?

MyJo
15-08-2017, 06:01 PM

August 15, 2017

Club 1872 have to operate in that environment whether we like it or not. They at least stopped it being a completely one sided love-in about poor, helpless Neil Lennon versus the big bad Rangers support. They should be commended for stepping up to the mark and at least putting across a view that nobody was ever going to see in the Scottish press otherwise. And if you still don’t get that then where have you been the last six years?

If someone was writing a parody piece it would be nowhere near as funny as that.

They really, genuinely do live on a completely different planet.

givescotlandfreedom
15-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Hibs have rightly ignored the "statement".

Yep we're sure as hell not accountable to those melters

Jones28
15-08-2017, 06:06 PM
What a load of drivel, I was nodding off.

Did it saw anywhere that maybe the rangers support need to look at their own behaviour?

ancient hibee
15-08-2017, 06:09 PM
When I was a kid going to Easter Road I used to see all the buses decamping strange people around the Montgomery Street area.These Rangers (and Celtic) fans were like creatures from another planet.They didn't frighten me just totally bemuse me-I had never met adults like them.As I got older I thought I might understand them more and then I read posts like the one above with the latest from Rangers Media or wherever.Obviously an educated guy but how can anyone write something like that and not feel he should perhaps draw some attention to the vile invective directed at Lennon.It makes you wonder about someone's sanity.Andrew Smith said in Scotland on Sunday that you have to sit in the main stand at Ibrox to realise how much they hate Lennon.Clearly being educated or wealthy or in a good job makes no difference.A few years ago a pal of mine was at Ibrox hospitality. with other Hibs supporters-mostly his customers-at a game against Rangers.It was very nice a good meal and drinks and David Murray made the effort to get round speaking to everyone.His merry quip to this group was they thought to gee up their support they might change the last four digits of the phone number to 1690.H ho ho.It didn't occur or matter to him that he might offend someone.It's ingrained at all levels and always will be.

Jack Hackett
15-08-2017, 06:11 PM

August 15, 2017

It's plain that what is really shaking his tree, is that slowly but surely, the msm are starting to aim kicks at the deid horse and showing them up for what they are. The publicity given the affair and its root cause by club 1872 has opened a door imo, one they might have difficulty closing

Joe6-2
15-08-2017, 06:14 PM
If someone was writing a parody piece it would be nowhere near as funny as that.

It really is totally unbelievable!

FitbaFolkKen
15-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Why is it okay to abuse Neil Lennon but he's not allowed to react?

IT is actually fine to shout a few naughty things at footballers.

Such behaviour, and we're talking about genuine banter, should not result with anyone being arrested because Scotland's heart disease problems would be considerably worse if men were not allowed to let off steam on a Saturday.

And if the player or manager react then those in the stand should be big enough to take it back. That is, or it ought to be, the contract ever supporter agrees to when they enter a stadium.

All of this brings us to Ibrox last Saturday when Neil Lennon “offended” the Ibrox main stand so much so that a large and influential supporters group, Club 1872, the second largest shareholder in the club, felt the need to rattle out a statement on Sunday which truly boggled the mind.

“Club 1872 would like to commend the restraint of the Rangers support following a clear attempt by Hibernian manager, Neil Lennon, to incite trouble at yesterday’s game at Ibrox.”

A clear attempt to incite trouble? That is one hell of an accusation, and possibly libellous, but it’s not as wild as congratulating people because they did not attack another human for being a bit naughty on the touchline.

My goodness, but what world do we live in if people are praised for behaving as they should?

The statement went on. And on. Here are some lowlights.

“Mr Lennon has previous for abusing and goading both Rangers staff and supporters. He seems completely unable to control himself at Ibrox.

“We can only speculate as to why. His actions in the dugout yesterday – where he made various inflammatory gestures to the supporters sitting directly behind the Hibernian dugout – were not becoming of any football manager, never mind one who likes to play the victim when things do not go his way.”

Lads, clam down. Oh, and if you write “we can only speculate” then please do speculate.

I was at Ibrox on Saturday, albeit a bit away from the Hibernian dugout, but could hear some but not all of the abuse aimed at Lennon - and don’t for a moment think it was the entire stand.

He got booed, which is absolutely fair enough, there was name-calling, which isn’t worth getting worked up about, but there were also sectarian references and at least one, and this has become a thing, mention of child abuse.

That’s offensive, at least it would be to most sensible people, but apparently the worst thing to happen was a gesture - and despite what Lennon claimed that’s what it was - of a ‘get it up ye’ variety.

And now there is talk of the police being involved. Sorry, but I’m sure the hardworking and overworked officers have far more important things to do.

I wonder if the supporter who threw what looked like a lighter at Lennon will be reported.

Personally, I don’t think Lennon should have reacted that way he did and, at the risk of an angry phone call from the man himself, he does wind up folk when there is no need.

But, and this is important, I and most people haven’t had to put with what this guy has over the years. And more death threats were reported yesterday. Shall see a statement about that?

The hypocrisy is incredible. Seemingly, it’s okay for supporters to shout all sorts of things at the man but he’s not allowed to react. Why no mention of what was said on Saturday?

Rangers fans don’t like Lennon and I get that. They are well within their right to have a go, within reason, and most do. That’s football.

But it’s hugely insulting to the majority, who know right from wrong. to congratulate them for just shouting abuse and nothing else.

Those who claim all Rangers supporters are bigots who lose their shape at the sight of red hair talk nonsense.

Most go simply to watch their team and would not think once never mind twice about doing anything more than giving someone such as Lennon a few verbals.

Since Lennon joined Celtic as player in December 2000, he has been the most high profile figure in our game.

Some of the stuff he’s been accused of has been laughable, other times he’s been in the wrong, while there were dark episodes which shamed our country.

And there will always be some who say that he brings it on himself. That he’d get much worse if people weren’t so restrained. What tosh,

Lennon is good for our game even if you can’t stand him. His press conferences are great because he never ducks a question. His opinions are always worth listening to.

And, yes, he does misbehave,. There are other ways to celebrate a goal other than what he got up to on Saturday. But it’s not provocation.

If you are the type, and this goes for a supporter of any club, who might do something bad if an opposition player of manager acts in a manner you don’t like, then maybe football isn’t for you.

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2017, 06:33 PM

August 15, 2017

Amongst that tangled mess of utter nonsense this is the sentence that immediately jumps out at you as other folk have already said.

What's his opinion on the bigoted sectarian bile aimed at Lennon throughout the match and even getting off the bus to enter the stadium that folks wives, daughters and children had to listen to ....... what's worse, your kids learning to imitate a mildly offensive rude gesture or your kids learning to grow up backward sectarian bigots because that's the environment you take them into every other Saturday?

Rubbish like this is like criticising your next door neighbour for not looking after his garden because the weeds are spreading to the cannabis farm you have set up in your greenhouse.

Blinkered morons the lot of them :lolrangers:

MKHIBEE
15-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Absolute joke of a statement, more of the same in December please :na na::lolrangers:

A dignified silence is no bad thing when someone is throwing their toys out the pram. I found that my kids' tantrums as wee tots were cut short by simply ignoring them

Yeah, but how do you deal with them now?

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-08-2017, 06:38 PM

Possibly no one cares about us and we don't like it.

euro Hibby
15-08-2017, 06:41 PM
worth a look.......but if you dig there are loads of video's around.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFpHriMd8A

WhileTheChief..
15-08-2017, 06:43 PM
When this has all died down and folk move on to the next story in Scottish football, all that will be remembered is that Rangers fans ran greeting to the police. Again.

The authorities, media and fans from other clubs are simply laughing at them and won't take them seriously.

Someone else posted that slowly, very slowly, the media are beginning to back away from Rangers and beginning to look at the bigger picture. Eventually they will be calling out the issues at Ibrox for what they are.

In the meantime I'll continue to laugh at each statement they release. Almost tempted to want Hearts to beat them just to see what excuse Club 1872 come up with.

HoboHarry
15-08-2017, 06:50 PM
When this has all died down and folk move on to the next story in Scottish football, all that will be remembered is that Rangers fans ran greeting to the police. Again.

The authorities, media and fans from other clubs are simply laughing at them and won't take them seriously.

Someone else posted that slowly, very slowly, the media are beginning to back away from Rangers and beginning to look at the bigger picture. Eventually they will be calling out the issues at Ibrox for what they are.

In the meantime I'll continue to laugh at each statement they release. Almost tempted to want Hearts to beat them just to see what excuse Club 1872 come up with.
As much as I dislike Hearts I just can't bring myself to ever want Sevco to win a game. I saw Alex Smith make a comment about Scottish football was becoming free of the nonsense but that it seemed to be returning. Do you see a common link Alex?

007 Mickey Weir
15-08-2017, 06:53 PM
https://youtu.be/7Mhi5PlY0s4

SanFranHibs
15-08-2017, 06:54 PM
As much as I dislike Hearts I just can't bring myself to ever want Sevco to win a game. I saw Alex Smith make a comment about Scottish football was becoming free of the nonsense but that it seemed to be returning. Do you see a common link Alex?

As much as I dislike Hearts.....I want them to get thrashed !!

:flag::flag::flag:

snooky
15-08-2017, 06:57 PM

We all love to hate Levein but he's right on the money - and I note that it's McCurry in the middle of the dungheap bias again.
I feel CL's pain. I think every non-OF fan does.

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2017, 06:57 PM
That Sunday Herald guy was bang on ............ as he said: If you are going to write "we can only speculate" then go ahead and speculate ..... I can only speculate as to what conclusion Club 1872's speculation would have come to. Could it be that it would have been the same conclusion that 99% of Scottish football fans would have reached when it comes to what makes Neil Lennon's hackles rise every time he is involved with a team playing against Sevco?

Answers on a postcard please to:

Club 1872

King Billy House
1690 Backward View
BIGOTSVILLE
FTP1 1WATP

HoboHarry
15-08-2017, 06:58 PM

Against anyone else other than Sevco then yes, but Sevco are the poster child for everything that is wrong in Scotland and I would prefer Hearts to win the game at the weekend.....

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2017, 06:58 PM

Very understandable, but I'm with Harry: when it comes to the Rangers, I will even support Hearts. In the league table of dislikability the Rangers are way out in front. I hope Hearts compound their current seethe.

Green_one
15-08-2017, 06:59 PM

Strange and predictable. Police Scotland find Lennon made no criminal action, despite the BBC, 1872 muppets, Rangers deputy manager and the Sticky masses, legal experts all :confused:, being clear he was on his way to jail and a lengthy ban.

Now we find out that the real criminal was a Rangers fan on social media. Difficult to believe? Feels a bit like May 2016 to me. Outrage, more outrage in media, evidence, no action against Hibs.

Bigots have no ability to take a neutral position and assess a situation. Result - looking like morons, again. :na na:

Jack Hackett
15-08-2017, 07:05 PM

Look lads, it's pretty obvious that most of us hate/despise one more than the other, or both equally. It's only right and proper that it should be a draw. Hibs move further ahead of both of them, everybody's happy... except the Huns and the Yams :greengrin

Deansy
15-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Have the Jambos announced their legal-team for this Saturday's match just in in case they win ??. For me it's vital they get the first statement in as going behind a statement to nil against the Hun just means they'll spend a lot of time and much-needed energy chasing an equalising statement. It's a big ask, as recent events have shown, although on the football side of things, the Rangers team is keech, they're no slouches in the statement department, in fact, they're many people's favourites to top this season's 'Most Statements Produced' list. possibly even breaking last season's record-breaking 'Record Number of Statements Produced- which, unsurprisingly, was won by Rangers .................. as it was the season before that and the season before .............. you get the picture, eh !Jambos, you have been warned ......................... not legally mind .............................. well, not yet ...................................that all depends on whether or not you lie down to Rangers but Jambos be warned - if you DON'T lie down to them and you fight back and even worse- you gub em like we did then you're just asking for STATEMENT-GEDDON !

lapsedhibee
15-08-2017, 07:18 PM
We all love to hate Levein but he's right on the money - and I note that it's McCurry in the middle of the dungheap bias again.
I feel CL's pain. I think every non-OF fan does.

According to Wiki, the SFA dropped McCurry at the end of that season. I wonder if Potter's outspokenness played a part in that.

SuperAllyMcleod
15-08-2017, 07:27 PM

CL on the money here - actually feel a bit sorry for him. Every other team in the country (bar sellick) will know that feeling as it has happened all too often.

snooky
15-08-2017, 07:29 PM
According to Wiki, the SFA dropped McCurry at the end of that season. I wonder if Potter's outspokenness played a part in that.

Probably more the fact that he was becoming a loose cannon and not adhering to the subtle approach of only giving RFC enough timely penalties, etc. to win the game. Alas, Mick McMinister, the swashbuckler, was blowing their cover.
He had to go. :wink:

HoboHarry
15-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Probably more the fact that he was becoming a loose cannon and not adhering to the subtle approach of only giving RFC enough timely penalties, etc. to win the game. Alas, Mick McMinister, the swashbuckler, was blowing their cover.
He had to go. :wink:
He was certainly blowing something according to the Daily Record at the time...... :greengrin

mjhibby
16-08-2017, 03:22 AM
Firrhill, Edinburgh?? They would have to deal with the locals of the ironically named "Good Companions". And just like Hitler invading Russia, I suspect that would be a battle doomed to failure.

Pedant alert. The goodies is in oxgangs not Firhill. I don't think the sevco hordes would stand a chance if they were in that pub when the sudgers have consumed a bit too much lemonade. Wild west it certainly was. Don't know what it's like these days though.

Fuzzywuzzy
16-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Posted 17 hours ago
23 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:
It's a ****in riddy! We pelter him every time we come up against him, he winds us up when they score and ****s are phoning the polis.. embarrassing. If that offends you you're in the wrong sport, next time we beat them he'll be peltered again and nobody will care what he does.

We are punters he's meant to be a professional and is a public figure, if you can't see the difference I don't know what to say

The apathetic attidue shared by you and other bears is the reason the taigs have the upper hand, you'd rather bury your head in the sand.

Massive irony overload right there. 1st is a requote 2nd ins response by Heart and Hand

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Have the Jambos announced their legal-team for this Saturday's match just in in case they win ??. For me it's vital they get the first statement in as going behind a statement to nil against the Hun just means they'll spend a lot of time and much-needed energy chasing an equalising statement. It's a big ask, as recent events have shown, although on the football side of things, the Rangers team is keech, they're no slouches in the statement department, in fact, they're many people's favourites to top this season's 'Most Statements Produced' list. possibly even breaking last season's record-breaking 'Record Number of Statements Produced- which, unsurprisingly, was won by Rangers .................. as it was the season before that and the season before .............. you get the picture, eh !Jambos, you have been warned ......................... not legally mind .............................. well, not yet ...................................that all depends on whether or not you lie down to Rangers but Jambos be warned - if you DON'T lie down to them and you fight back and even worse- you gub em like we did then you're just asking for STATEMENT-GEDDON !

Ach .... statements aren't as good as they were in my day. Modern statement writers are mollycoddled, when I was a lad folk would work 12 hours doon the pit or in the shipyards and then write a statement by candle light when they got home.

This is why Scottish clubs cant write decent statements in Europe ..... what we need is to get kids young and have them writing statements at proper statement writing academies .... currently we are miles behind statement writers from Spain and Germany :grr:

Joe6-2
16-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Strange and predictable. Police Scotland find Lennon made no criminal action, despite the BBC, 1872 muppets, Rangers deputy manager and the Sticky masses, legal experts all :confused:, being clear he was on his way to jail and a lengthy ban.

Now we find out that the real criminal was a Rangers fan on social media. Difficult to believe? Feels a bit like May 2016 to me. Outrage, more outrage in media, evidence, no action against Hibs.

Bigots have no ability to take a neutral position and assess a situation. Result - looking like morons, again. :na na:

ARE morons again!

CyberSauzee
16-08-2017, 07:10 PM
That 1872 statement, this bit:

"Lennon wasn’t celebrating a goal. That’s something you do with your players, staff and your own fans. "

I gave up reading it after that. How many pics/videos of players scoring goals without team-mates can you find? Start with Malcolm MacDonald at Newcastle United. Or Joe Harper at ER...

proud_and_green
16-08-2017, 09:53 PM
How dare those hypocrites release an indignant statement, acting the victim. All afternoon Lennon was subjected to relentless sectarian/racist abuse, do Club 1872 have anything to say about that? No, not a ****ing peep, but just let Lennon cup his ears and it's incitement to riot.

We all knew this was coming Lennon's way, from the moment he took the job. I believe a further death threat was made towards him on social media today. Yes, their statement is funny, but this whole situation is anything but. There are some very dangerous people in the Rangers support; the type of bigots who will go beyond verbal abuse. They are winding each other up into a frenzy on their messageboards, and numerous comments are examples of hate speech. It's needs nipping in the bud now.Agree with this, funny as it is on the face of it. The problem is that the coverage is giving it oxygen. The real issues though are being ignored. It is interesting that Rangers tend to be the one common factor in most high risk matches. Aberdeen and Rangers....Celtic and Rangers....Hibs and Rangers....three combinations that would generally have the police thinking they need to take special measures. There are more, Berwick Rangers are not big fans of them for good reason, The Pars too. Common denominator - them. There is no other team in Scotland that has the same reputation or whose fans are held in such low esteem by EVERYONE else.
It needs to be stopped and that means airing the real issues of sectarianism and violence.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

proud_and_green
16-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Club 1872 are bad but don't believe they'll be invading Poland any time soonOr any other European country one hopes!

jacomo
16-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Agree with this, funny as it is on the face of it. The problem is that the coverage is giving it oxygen. The real issues though are being ignored. It is interesting that Rangers tend to be the one common factor in most high risk matches. Aberdeen and Rangers....Celtic and Rangers....Hibs and Rangers....three combinations that would generally have the police thinking they need to take special measures. There are more, Berwick Rangers are not big fans of them for good reason, The Pars too. Common denominator - them. There is no other team in Scotland that has the same reputation or whose fans are held in such low esteem by EVERYONE else.
It needs to be stopped and that means airing the real issues of sectarianism and violence.

Bingo.

It's time Scotland as a whole faced up to this.

The Rangers point the finger all the time because the problem is them.

Our problem is that it requires responsible and honest people in charge at that club to help change the culture. And they seem incapable of finding those - one self-serving shyster after another.

Diclonius
17-08-2017, 11:23 AM
The plot thickens..

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/scotland/492410/man-arrested-over-neil-lennon-comments-taken-to-hospital/

Keith_M
17-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Is 'Club 18-72' a Granny Grabbers holiday company?

Here's a photo from one of their brochures...

"Come on holiday with us and meet beautiful ladies"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/migration_catalog/article25864624.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/PEYE18_23

Dalianwanda
17-08-2017, 11:27 AM
The plot thickens..

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/scotland/492410/man-arrested-over-neil-lennon-comments-taken-to-hospital/

We might get a Charles Green style bedside interview shortly :wink:

Keith_M
17-08-2017, 11:28 AM
The plot thickens..

It wisnae me!

Captain Trips
17-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Hearts get prepared in case of victory at weekend:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lGk7RK6IicU/Vs27QzjMppI/AAAAAAAAKX4/I4mdKIK9TjA/s1600/simpson%2Bdream%2Bteam.jpg

Bostonhibby
17-08-2017, 11:38 AM
That 1872 statement, this bit:

"Lennon wasn’t celebrating a goal. That’s something you do with your players, staff and your own fans. "

I gave up reading it after that. How many pics/videos of players scoring goals without team-mates can you find? Start with Malcolm MacDonald at Newcastle United. Or Joe Harper at ER...So that's what all the hun planks were doing on the pitch after Hibs defeated them in their first ever Scottish cup final, celebrating with their players.

They should be left to keep digging on this one.

Iain G
17-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Why bother trying to dress up his message in all those words that must have taken a lot of effort on his / it's part, surely he could just have stated "it's a kaflick conspiracy against us, so it is" and left it at that, it is the very singular point of his waffley post after all :agree:

Onceinawhile
17-08-2017, 12:05 PM
If cupping your ear is a crime, hulk Hogan could be in big trouble.

Onion
17-08-2017, 12:11 PM

:top marks

So that's what "Going for 55" means :greengrin

liscious_hibs
17-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Big Pedro's just been on SSN saying, and this is my interpretation, (purely cause to quote would be an unnecessary waste of words) that basically the fans are fine and they just love their club, that there's no problem

Aw Pedro... clueless

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Agree with this, funny as it is on the face of it. The problem is that the coverage is giving it oxygen. The real issues though are being ignored. It is interesting that Rangers tend to be the one common factor in most high risk matches. Aberdeen and Rangers....Celtic and Rangers....Hibs and Rangers....three combinations that would generally have the police thinking they need to take special measures. There are more, Berwick Rangers are not big fans of them for good reason, The Pars too. Common denominator - them. There is no other team in Scotland that has the same reputation or whose fans are held in such low esteem by EVERYONE else.

Its a fact ........... No club attracts as much enmity as The Rangers FC and it has to be asked why, they would claim that its jealousy over their 'success' but if that's the case why do Celtic not attract the same level of dislike from clubs like Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and St Johnstone etc? ... clubs who unlike us do not have other issues as a backdrop to their rivalry with them.

Its obviously a rhetorical question ........... above all other clubs in Scotland they are the benchmark for hateful behaviour arrogance and self entitlement ... as if their bigotry wasn't enough the fact that they appear to want to be English rather than Scottish doesn't exactly endear them to fans of any other Scottish club either.

The bottom line is they make it clear that they hate everybody else ..... their feigned shock at the backlash it causes is the saddest part of the whole situation.

Heisenberg
17-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Neil Lennon says statement by Rangers shareholder Club 1872 was laughable, insignificant and written by a 15 year old. #bbcsportscot

Well here's Lennon's thoughts on it...

CraigHibee
17-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Big Pedro's just been on SSN saying, and this is my interpretation, (purely cause to quote would be an unnecessary waste of words) that basically the fans are fine and they just love their club, that there's no problem

Aw Pedro... clueless

Wonder if he will still say that when he works out what his clubs supporters are singing and realises it's at against his own religion

Moulin Yarns
17-08-2017, 12:47 PM

Aw Pedro... clueless

You forgot the quote

Nós somos as pessoas :wink:

Firestarter
17-08-2017, 12:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40961125 go yourself Lennon.

Got to hand it to Lennon, he doesn't ever hold back on what he's thinking.

HoboHarry
17-08-2017, 12:50 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40961125

Lol - get them telt Neil 👍

staunchhibby
17-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Sent 2 e-mails to club 1872 concerning Saturdays events in which there own supporters directed vitriol and sectarianism towards Neil Lennon and the hibernian support and surprised (not) no response so far.

Topographic Hibby
17-08-2017, 12:54 PM

Tick, tick......it'll soon be Statement o'clock!!!!!
:flag:

FitbaFolkKen
17-08-2017, 12:56 PM
"Lennon said he had not heard of the fans' group and thought the statement had been "written by a 15-year-old"."

Absolutely brilliant, never mind Stokes Lennon is on fire at the minute!:fire::fire:

High-On-Hibs
17-08-2017, 01:00 PM
"Lennon said he had not heard of the fans' group and thought the statement had been "written by a 15-year-old"."

Absolutely brilliant, never mind Stokes Lennon is on fire at the minute!:fire::fire:

:not worth:not worth:not worth

Bostonhibby
17-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Tick, tick......it'll soon be Statement o'clock!!!!!
:flag:Yep, the shouty people will be along at their indignant bellicose best. Can't wait, fills the hilarious statement void nicely whilst Mrs Budge is away on holiday.

neil7908
17-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Great stuff Lennon

liscious_hibs
17-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Wonder if he will still say that when he works out what his clubs supporters are singing and realises it's at against his own religionAye I know haha naebody tell him so we can enjoy his cathroisms for a while longer [emoji6]

Jim44
17-08-2017, 01:11 PM
At least one of them has a bit of sense:

The statement is being ridiculed almost everywhere except on here (KB), where it seems you aren't allowed to criticise it.

It's the first thing Club 1872 have done that I didn't agree with. It was ill-judged for me.

SteveHFC
17-08-2017, 01:32 PM
A Disciplinary Tribunal convened today in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following cases:
Player: Ryan Jack, Rangers FC
Match: Rangers FC vs Hibernian FC on Saturday 12th August 2017
Competition: Scottish Premiership
Case: Claim of wrongful dismissal for A2 offence of violent conduct
Outcome: Player Reference Upheld. Red card rescinded.

green day
17-08-2017, 01:34 PM
A Disciplinary Tribunal convened today in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following cases:

Surely no?

In the same incident he put the heid on Stokes AND had Dylan by the throat !!

SteveHFC
17-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Surely no?

On SFA Website

High-On-Hibs
17-08-2017, 01:37 PM
On SFA Website

If that is the case, then the SFA have just set a new precedence. It's now ok to grab players by the throat and to try and nut them.

Scott Allan Key
17-08-2017, 01:38 PM

Outrageous

SteveHFC
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=17141&newsCategoryID=1

green day
On SFA Website

I wonder if Club 1872 will call for a replay now :greengrin:greengrin

lapsedhibee
17-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Surely no?

And did we also read that Beaton has been demoted for the next game?

Taken together, that should ensure that no ref gives a red to a The for the foreseeable future.

Has date for the replay been fixed?

Dan Sarf
17-08-2017, 01:40 PM

Wow. Just wow.

Iain G
17-08-2017, 01:41 PM

I think that is quite offensive to 15 year olds to be honest :greengrin

ancient hibee
17-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Dunne had two appeals-one dismissed,one upheld,no mistake.

Sergio sledge
17-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Dunne had two appeals-one dismissed,one upheld,no mistake.

Yeah I just saw that... Time to delete my post :greengrin

ancient hibee
17-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Probably a record -don't recall two appeals from the same player before.

Sergio sledge
17-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Probably a record -don't recall two appeals from the same player before.

Two red cards in a week is pretty good going, even if one of them was wrong.... :greengrin

Iain G
17-08-2017, 03:02 PM
I think the club should have jumped on this by now.

How long does it take to get some Neil Lennon cups in the club shop? :greengrin:confused:

Bishop Hibee
17-08-2017, 03:03 PM

Brilliant. Club18-30 made their team an even bigger laughing stock than ever with their statement. Maybe they could get Cathro to write the next one?

Iain G
17-08-2017, 03:50 PM
The full Lennon story now up on BBC, he hits many nails on the head I think:

"Obviously, it wasn't. People are saying that there were complaints made to the police about me. But I'm sure there were various other complaints made to police about other things going on in the stadium and that wasn't reported."

"I can cite a lot of people for what they do but I don't, I get on with it. I try to do with a bit of humour but people lose their sense of humour when they concede a goal against my teams."

Famous Fiver
17-08-2017, 07:03 PM
All we got from Ibrox on saturday was bile, sectarian abuse, racial abuse, death threats.

Last night from Parkhead we got £250,000, our share of the European reward pot apparently.

Funny old world.

WhileTheChief..
17-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Any videos of his press conference today? Heard him on Sportsound, superb as always but want to see it.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Any videos of his press conference today? Heard him on Sportsound, superb as always but want to see it.

WhileTheChief..
17-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Brilliant. Thanks.

hibsbollah
17-08-2017, 07:42 PM
He was great.

BullsCloseHibs
17-08-2017, 08:29 PM
The Rangers seriously have to get a grip and quickly. Now introducing "bad refereeing decisions" into training.

And they used to call Celtic paranoid!

They are taking paranoia to new levels.

By the way, well done Neil Lennon. You are sheer class son. Nobody should bow to that mob and their rag newspaper reporters. Who the f... do they think they are?

lapsedhibee
17-08-2017, 08:56 PM
By the way, well done Neil Lennon. You are sheer class son. Nobody should bow to that mob and their rag newspaper reporters. Who the f... do they think they are?
Thought giving their fans the fist at Ibrokes was ill-advised, but taken in the context of his media interviews it now seems fine. Basically saying at every turn that he's not taking any pish of any sort from the Thes.

JimBHibees
18-08-2017, 07:34 AM

Great quotes by Neil. Spot on.

Smartie
18-08-2017, 07:39 AM
Does every club not practice playing with 10 men, being on the receiving end of bad decisions etc?

I seem to remember Mourinho's Chelsea being brilliant at winning games with 10 men, because they practiced it well and had a game plan.

That's surely a more sensible approach than losing your s*** every time something goes against you.

Deansy
18-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Is 'Club 18-72' a Granny Grabbers holiday company?

Here's a photo from one of their brochures...

"Come on holiday with us and meet beautiful ladies"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/migration_catalog/article25864624.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/PEYE18_23

Oh Dear God - THAT is the epitome of the 'Hun Female' - Senga & Agnes (Senga being the blonde battleship) - could you imagine bumping into the two of them in a pub ?. A few drinks and it'd be "Whit ur yoos lookin at ya f*****g taig bassas" closely followed by various verses of their favourite Hun sing-a-long tunes !. Eeurgh - a worse nightmare you couldn't imagine !

Keith_M
18-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Oh Dear God - THAT is the epitome of the 'Hun Female' - Senga & Agnes (Senga being the blonde battleship) - could you imagine bumping into the two of them in a pub ?. A few drinks and it'd be "Whit ur yoos lookin at ya f*****g taig bassas" closely followed by various verses of their favourite Hun sing-a-long tunes !. Eeurgh - a worse nightmare you couldn't imagine !

Close, but I think the one on the right's called Wilhelmina.

Anyway, I see Club 18-72 currently have a special offer where every holiday maker is entitled a free supply of these for the duration of the holiday...

http://condomunity.com/wp-content/uploads/billy-boy-natural-condoms-4.jpg

Hibbycol
18-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Oh Dear God - THAT is the epitome of the 'Hun Female' - Senga & Agnes (Senga being the blonde battleship) - could you imagine bumping into the two of them in a pub ?. A few drinks and it'd be "Whit ur yoos lookin at ya f*****g taig bassas" closely followed by various verses of their favourite Hun sing-a-long tunes !. Eeurgh - a worse nightmare you couldn't imagine !just boaked up the host of our Lord after being at mass ,also thought I was internally bleeding but phew it was just the wine , BBC style upsetting scenes warning please 🤢

Jack Hackett
19-08-2017, 09:32 AM
The plot thickens..

Seems our man has recovered enough for his day in court

http://www.scotsman.com/news/man-appears-in-court-accused-of-threatening-to-kill-neil-lennon-1-4535936

Looks to me as if the charges presented could easily be applied to a large percentage of the posters on The Rangers Media

"The first charge, brought under Section 6(1) and (2) of the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012, states that Cowan “did communicate material to another person which consisted of, contained or implied a threat or an incitement to carry out a seriously violent act against a person or persons of a particular description and was likely to cause a reasonable person to suffer fear or alarm.”The charge further states that Cowan “did intend to cause fear or alarm or were reckless as to whether communication of the material would cause fear or alarm in that [he] did post on the social media application Facebook, messages containing a threat to shoot in the head Neil Lennon.”
The second charge - an alleged breach of Section 127(1)(a) of the Communications Act 2003 - states that Cowan “did send, by means of a public electronic communications network, post a message to the social media application Facebook, that was grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character, in that said message contained a grossly offensive remark regarding Neil Lennon.”

Is It On....
19-08-2017, 09:36 AM

"Insignificant, laughable, looks like it was written by a 15yr old" 😂😂😂

ronaldo7
21-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Seems our man has recovered enough for his day in court

http://www.scotsman.com/news/man-appears-in-court-accused-of-threatening-to-kill-neil-lennon-1-4535936

Looks to me as if the charges presented could easily be applied to a large percentage of the posters on The Rangers Media

"The first charge, brought under Section 6(1) and (2) of the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012, states that Cowan “did communicate material to another person which consisted of, contained or implied a threat or an incitement to carry out a seriously violent act against a person or persons of a particular description and was likely to cause a reasonable person to suffer fear or alarm.”The charge further states that Cowan “did intend to cause fear or alarm or were reckless as to whether communication of the material would cause fear or alarm in that [he] did post on the social media application Facebook, messages containing a threat to shoot in the head Neil Lennon.”
The second charge - an alleged breach of Section 127(1)(a) of the Communications Act 2003 - states that Cowan “did send, by means of a public electronic communications network, post a message to the social media application Facebook, that was grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character, in that said message contained a grossly offensive remark regarding Neil Lennon.”

Spared the jail, and got community service.:rolleyes:

https://t.co/wAgk2KiEZL

tamig
21-11-2017, 07:16 PM

Have you seen the handsome hun springs to mind.

21-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Ridiculous sentence. Being drunk should never be a valid excuse, should mean a more severe sentence.

Sir David Gray
21-11-2017, 07:23 PM

Any word on what action has been taken against him by Rangers?

ian cruise
21-11-2017, 07:24 PM

He got community service, part of which means he's now their new gaffer.

ronaldo7
21-11-2017, 07:30 PM

Never heard what the currants did to him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's up for a MBE next.:wink:

lapsedhibee
21-11-2017, 07:32 PM

his client had a 2:1 in Wishing He Were English from the University of Glasgow.

PatHead
21-11-2017, 09:08 PM

Invited on to the board?

Bostonhibby
21-11-2017, 09:13 PM

Measuring him up for a statue?

Adviser to Club 1872?

There's a low cost managers job on the go as well.

Turd of an individual whose face is out there now.

Captain Trips
21-11-2017, 09:21 PM
His sentence is to be reduced on appeal. Appeal from the community that is.

Hibbyradge
21-11-2017, 10:42 PM
The sentence is appropriate.

Sir David Gray
22-11-2017, 09:02 AM
He got community service, part of which means he's now their new gaffer.

Never heard what the currants did to him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's up for a MBE next.:wink:

Invited on to the board?

Measuring him up for a statue?

Adviser to Club 1872?

There's a low cost managers job on the go as well.

Turd of an individual whose face is out there now.

I know you're all having a laugh here but there is a serious question to be asked.

Any respectable club would immediately ban someone from attending future matches if they had been convicted of making threats to murder another club's manager.

Why have we heard nothing from Rangers about this?

Bostonhibby
22-11-2017, 09:11 AM
I know you're all having a laugh here but there is a serious question to be asked.

Any respectable club would immediately ban someone from attending future matches if they had been convicted of making threats to murder another club's manager.

Why have we heard nothing from Rangers about this?I agree with you but sevco would alienate a large slice of their fan base who think the same way as this jellyfish.

-Jonesy-
22-11-2017, 09:15 AM
"He was incensed after the former Celtic star cupped his ears in celebration during a Scottish Premiership match at Ibrox."

Best sentence in a news report ever 😂

Johnny Clash
22-11-2017, 12:10 PM
"He was incensed after the former Celtic star cupped his ears in celebration during a Scottish Premiership match at Ibrox."

Yes, he must have been REALLY incensed to post 5 hours after game had finished! What a zoomer!!

Bostonhibby
22-11-2017, 01:35 PM

Best sentence in a news report ever [emoji23][emoji106] Just get this mental image of a sign at ibrox saying no ear cupping as it's an offence, meantime police Glasgow stand idly by whilst prohibited sectarian songs are sung and away fans are routinely spat on and showered with coins, lighters and anything else the orcs can get their hoofs on.

The Leith Dutch
22-11-2017, 05:15 PM
[emoji106] Just get this mental image of a sign at ibrox saying no ear cupping as it's an offence, meantime police Glasgow stand idly by whilst prohibited sectarian songs are sung and away fans are routinely spat on and showered with coins, lighters and anything else the orcs can get their hoofs on.

The disturbing part of that sentence is that if it actually happened it would come as no surprise at all.

Hibernia&Alba
22-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Any outrage from those 1872 zoomers about this? Any statements of condemnation?

Bostonhibby
22-11-2017, 05:46 PM
The disturbing part of that sentence is that if it actually happened it would come as no surprise at all.It'll be a popular auction item when they allow their club to be liquidated again though. Might even beat the gorgie owl.

ian cruise
22-11-2017, 10:36 PM

I say next game at Ibrox we all do it on unison and really wind them up.

lord bunberry
22-11-2017, 11:38 PM
I say next game at Ibrox we all do it on unison and really wind them up.
That could be seen as goading. It could end in a riot.

lapsedhibee
23-11-2017, 03:16 AM
That could be seen as goading. It could end in a riot.

Even if not an actual riot, certainly regular media galleries of 'wanted' hibbies for the following 12 months.

Bostonhibby
23-11-2017, 07:31 AM
That could be seen as goading. It could end in a riot.Yep. Odd, I'd normally say pray for the ibrox cuppers, but is it any wonder that normally peaceful freak jakeball alcoholics who live with their mother in Renfrew are being forced to beg for guns on the Internet so they can start shooting people who resort to cupping?

MrSmith
23-11-2017, 07:57 AM
I like spooning :)

Joe6-2
23-11-2017, 08:12 AM
I like spooning :)

Cupping AND spooning 😉

MyJo
23-11-2017, 08:48 AM
[emoji106] Just get this mental image of a sign at ibrox saying no ear cupping as it's an offence, meantime police Glasgow stand idly by whilst prohibited sectarian songs are sung and away fans are routinely spat on and showered with coins, lighters and anything else the orcs can get their hoofs on.

They will be writing to the SFA and the government to make them aware that the action of cupping one's ears is a deeply sectarian gesture and asking for it to be banned.

GordonHFC
23-11-2017, 10:16 AM

Why have we heard nothing from Rangers about this?

Because it is not a trivial matter and does not conform to the usual bull**** statements they release.

Argylehibby
23-11-2017, 11:18 AM
anyone remember the Cadbury's ad with the jingle "Cup hands here comes Cadburys"? Bound to be a "Cup ears....." take on that we could do.

Phil MaGlass
23-11-2017, 11:29 AM
ACAB, All Cups Are *******s