PDA

View Full Version : Whittie

snooky
13-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Booed when he was on the ball - for the crime of not signing for TRFC probably.
Prefer him at wing half rather than FB.

CallumLaidlaw
13-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Booed when he was on the ball - for the crime of not signing for TRFC probably.
Prefer him at wing half rather than FB.

Booing was for how he left them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
13-08-2017, 11:39 AM
Booing was for how he left them

Ah, right. Jumped the sinking ship. Of course. :agree:
I take it Naismith will get the same treatment if/when he re-signs for them (or us :stirrer:)

Jim44
13-08-2017, 12:15 PM
They were discussing the treatment of Whittaker on FF last week and were in a quandary as to whether they were justified in booing him while publicly expressing their desperation for re-signing Naismith who left for the same reasons as Whittaker. Clearly they have no principles as Naismith will be welcomed back unreservedly if he is daft enough to sign.

SRHibs
13-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Whittaker will really be punished by pacy wingers. Windass absolutely left him for dead at one point, with the resulting chance hitting the post.

Allant1981
13-08-2017, 01:01 PM
good player still but not as good a defender as gray imo

Ozyhibby
13-08-2017, 01:04 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170813/2c250d5c9b118ae7f58d558c96beb6dc.png

Hibi
13-08-2017, 02:38 PM
good player still but not as good a defender as gray imo

Same for me, Whittaker may have been tired at the end of the game but stood off and allowed cross to be delivered. Also feel gray might have put a head in for the first goal, although ambrose probably should have been taking command there. Still good problems for the manager.

The_Horde
13-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Same for me, Whittaker may have been tired at the end of the game but stood off and allowed cross to be delivered. Also feel gray might have put a head in for the first goal, although ambrose probably should have been taking command there. Still good problems for the manager.

But his influence on the ball helped us dominate also.

NAE NOOKIE
13-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Whittaker will really be punished by pacy wingers. Windass absolutely left him for dead at one point, with the resulting chance hitting the post.

Yeh, he was roasted a couple of times yesterday and I noticed in the Partick game that he was struggling to get back at one Thistle attack in the 2nd half .... he perhaps still lacks a bit of match fitness.

I would be willing to bet that Gray would beat him in a foot race and is probably a better defender as well .... but the trade off is that Whittaker is better on the ball. Whatever the case we have two more than decent players competing for right back either of which I would be happy to see on the team sheet.

High-On-Hibs
13-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Whittakers more of a utility player. You could play him pretty much anywhere on the park and he'd do a decent job in that position.

snooky
13-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Yeh, he was roasted a couple of times yesterday and I noticed in the Partick game that he was struggling to get back at one Thistle attack in the 2nd half .... he perhaps still lacks a bit of match fitness.

I would be willing to bet that Gray would beat him in a foot race and is probably a better defender as well .... but the trade off is that Whittaker is better on the ball. Whatever the case we have two more than decent players competing for right back either of which I would be happy to see on the team sheet.

Whittaker has been a poor defensive RB since day one and he has not improved in that department one iota.
He a very good wing half and when picked should be played in that position.

Full back? :worried: :bitchy:

Ozyhibby
13-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Whittakers def at fault for 2nd goal.

cleanyman
13-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Defensively I thought he was poor.

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Agreed he was always suspect defensively even 1st time around...classy goung forward and on the ball tho

Iggy Pope
13-08-2017, 04:20 PM

He megged Efe jn similar fashion in the 2nd half. We were left pretty exposed. Their most dangerous player for me.