PDA

View Full Version : RangersTV commentary highlights

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Thought this was worth a mention

Had the misfortune to watch the game via RangersTV

Tbf it was hd quality but the commentary was laughable

Yes I appreciate they are biased Rangers fans (one of them did even try to call the game)

Here were just a few of the gems they came away with:

"I spoke with Neil before the match and he seemed nervous"
"Pedro is looking very sharp in his club 3piece suit and Lennon, well I'll let you judge" (in reference to neil being a tracksuit manager)
"Simon Murray is a very limited player"
"Stokes should have been send off"
"McGeough should have been carded 7-8 times"
"McGinn goes to ground easily"
"All McGregor wants to do is clear it to the stands"
And my favourite
"Apologies for the use of bad language coming from the away support"

If I've missed any pearls of wisdom please comment to add below

GGTTH

Peevemor
13-08-2017, 07:34 AM

Yes I appreciate they are biased Rangers fans (one of them did even try to call the game)

"Pedro is looking very sharp in his club 3piece suit and Lennon, well I'll let you judge" (in reference to neil being a tracksuit manager)
And my favourite

GGTTH

I take it you don't use Hibs TV then?

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2017, 07:38 AM
I take it you don't use Hibs TV then?

I do have hibs tv

I appreciate they were offering commentary but in my experience getting the sound and images to sync when they come from 2 different sources is difficult

I didn't want to hear action before I saw it

Tough choice to make but I opted for RangersTV sound and visual - hence this fun thread

bingo70
13-08-2017, 07:42 AM

And my favourite

GGTTH

"If you're going to do him you're as well doing it right ha ha ha"

Words to that effect after one of them stamped on Murrays Achilles heel.

Heisenberg
13-08-2017, 07:45 AM
The apologising for the bad language coming from the away support is absolutely golden. I wonder if they apologise every time their fans start up the sectarian song book?

Peevemor
13-08-2017, 07:46 AM
I do have hibs tv

I appreciate they were offering commentary but in my experience getting the sound and images to sync when they come from 2 different sources is difficult

I didn't want to hear action before I saw it

Tough choice to make but I opted for RangersTV sound and visual - hence this fun thread

The point I was making is that the Hibs TV commentary is often as biased (and inaccurate) as the examples given.

I watched the match on Rangers TV too and honestly expected far worse.

PeeJay
13-08-2017, 07:55 AM

And my favourite

GGTTH

I watched the game too courtesy of their pictures and I felt that over the course of the game that their commentary was generally OK - naturally they're "Rangers" biased - what do you expect? Hibs TV is "biased" too, football fans are biased - why make an issue of it for an opposing team, whats so surprising? They also praised McGregor for his command of the air, HIbs for a good performance and they said HIbs are definitey "at least a top 4 team candidate" - you left that out for your own objective reasons I guess ... :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2017, 08:01 AM
The point I was making is that the Hibs TV commentary is often as biased (and inaccurate) as the examples given.

In the opening post I do acknowledge I know they are Rangers fans so some bias is expected

I do have hibs tv and yeah there is bias (expected from any coverage provided by fans) but the hibs tv boys are reasonably sensible- they do critique and question where appropriate

But as you said, I was surprised that the RangersTV commentators wasn't worse

lapsedhibee
13-08-2017, 08:01 AM
I watched the game too courtesy of their pictures and I felt that over the course of the game that their commentary was generally OK - naturally they're "Rangers" biased - what do you expect? Hibs TV is "biased" too, football fans are biased - why make an issue of it for an opposing team, whats so surprising? They also praised McGregor for his command of the air, HIbs for a good performance and they said HIbs are definitey "at least a top 4 team candidate" - you left that out for your own objective reasons I guess ... :greengrin

:agree: I don't think there was any more genuine nonsense spoken in the commentary than you get on any football commentary. They were clearly more pleased when the thes scored than when we did, but Motson speaks considerably more pish every time he goes to work.

Hibby70
13-08-2017, 08:03 AM
The bit about sin bins and them greeting about Lennon going over to the Hibs fans were my personal favourites.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2017, 08:05 AM

The top 4 comment should have featured in my original post you're right

Objective reasons eh! So the comments I highlighted and the one about injuring our players didn't happen?

jst1875
13-08-2017, 08:06 AM
:agree: I don't think there was any more genuine nonsense spoken in the commentary than you get on any football commentary. They were clearly more pleased when the thes scored than when we did, but Motson speaks considerably more pish every time he goes to work.

you missed a real gem, re. the sending off
"he offered his head to stokes"

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2017, 08:06 AM
The bit about sin bins and them greeting about Lennon going over to the Hibs fans were my personal favourites.

Another cracker

lapsedhibee
13-08-2017, 08:10 AM
you missed a real gem, re. the sending off
"he offered his head to stokes"
Yeah that's ridiculous, but MOTD commentators call diving "going to ground easily"!

jax67
13-08-2017, 08:12 AM

"Pedro is looking very
sharp in his club 3piece suit and Lennon, well I'll let you judge" (in reference to neil being a tracksuit manager)
And my favourite

GGTTH
McLaren also said that Marciano isn't comfortable with the ball at his feet.
Some judgement after one dodgy pass, obviously never seen Rocky before.

Phil MaGlass
13-08-2017, 08:15 AM
To be fair, I thought the coverage by the hun lads not bad at all, its bound to be a bit biased.
I watched it free on crictv and it was a great picture aswell. :thumbsup:Couldnae believe ma luck when ah could get the game at ma wurk.

Broken Gnome
13-08-2017, 08:31 AM
The guy's voice instantly makes anything he says around 23 times more unappealing than it should be.

Edinburgh Green
13-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Just after the red card he said 'the ref will now look to even things up'

BT58
13-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Watched it on huns tv in the pub on my fone. No chance of listening to them tho for all the guys cheering hibs
B

SuperAllyMcleod
13-08-2017, 08:41 AM
The one I liked was when Murray equalised and they said "Hibs pull one back" ??? It's an equaliser not a consolation goal!

Phil MaGlass
13-08-2017, 08:42 AM

I thought he would have aswell

TAHibby
13-08-2017, 08:47 AM
The rather humorous deadly silence at each goal caught me off guard. Thought for the second one that a foul had been given due to zero reaction, cliff pike doesn't even do that 😂

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2017, 09:02 AM

Absolutely

A soft second yellow

Centre Hawf
13-08-2017, 11:13 AM

I like how on Hibs TV Cliff and the rest will at least change tone when the opposition score so you know somethings happened, usually to a tone of frustration or annoyance but its a reaction at least. Rangers TVs boy is so flat that I honestly wasn't sure if we scored for a few moments after.

nellio
13-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Constantly going on about space in midfield due to the red card. Taking about sin bins was ridiculous.

matty_f
13-08-2017, 11:23 AM
"The ball's in the net" for our second. :faf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-08-2017, 11:24 AM
"The ball's in the net" for our second. :faf:

That's what a very subdued Cliff said on Hibs Radio.

kaimendhibs
13-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Bring in sin bins[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-08-2017, 11:35 AM
The apologising for the bad language coming from the away support is absolutely golden. I wonder if they apologise every time their fans start up the sectarian song book?

But understandable when you consider that the racism and bigotry is endorsed from the top down.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2017, 11:50 AM
I like how on Hibs TV Cliff and the rest will at least change tone when the opposition score so you know somethings happened, usually to a tone of frustration or annoyance but its a reaction at least. Rangers TVs boy is so flat that I honestly wasn't sure if we scored for a few moments after.

Maybe green tinted specs but I think the hibs tv guys are pretty good

Yes of course they are Hibs fans but they acknowledge good play by the opposition

Last season in the 3-1 Scottish cup win over Ayr, McGuffie scored an absolute peach and it was treated as such and appreciated

Oh of course they didn't scream and celebrate as it was a goal against Hibs but it was quoted as a brilliant goal and a potential goal of the tournament

Yesterday RangersTV described Slivkas goal as "not bad" and "fortunate"

There's the difference

essexhibee
13-08-2017, 11:54 AM
He goes so quiet and emotionless when the opposition score it's brilliant. Sin bin chat was comical.

Fergus52
13-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Simon Murray being "as raw as sushi" was my favourite.

Also enjoyed one of them using the phrase "without a doubt of shadow"

muppets.

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-08-2017, 12:00 PM
It's the condescending arrogant "we're the mighty Glasgow rangers and you're **** on our shoes" attutide I detest.

Some of the comments about our players were laughable. SJM one in particlar.

I had it muted from kick off until we scored pretty much.

The one about how managers dressed was the final straw for me. The game is played on grass you ****ing moron and it's fear to see Lennon is a hands on manager by now being afraid to get dirty.

Not professional because a football manager doesn't wear a suit. Get to **** shellsuit bob

SRHibs
13-08-2017, 12:09 PM
It's the condescending arrogant "we're the mighty Glasgow rangers and you're **** on our shoes" attutide I detest.

Some of the comments about our players were laughable. SJM one in particlar.

I had it muted from kick off until we scored pretty much.

The one about how managers dressed was the final straw for me. The game is played on grass you ****ing moron and it's fear to see Lennon is a hands on manager by now being afraid to get dirty.

Not professional because a football manager doesn't wear a suit. Get to **** shellsuit bob

To be fair, we've had threads in the past going on about our managers being "Hibs class" because they wear a suit. Conversely, we've definitely slagged off Hearts managers for wearing track suits. Football is fickle.

Centre Hawf
Maybe green tinted specs but I think the hibs tv guys are pretty good

Yes of course they are Hibs fans but they acknowledge good play by the opposition

Last season in the 3-1 Scottish cup win over Ayr, McGuffie scored an absolute peach and it was treated as such and appreciated

Oh of course they didn't scream and celebrate as it was a goal against Hibs but it was quoted as a brilliant goal and a potential goal of the tournament

Yesterday RangersTV described Slivkas goal as "not bad" and "fortunate"

There's the difference

Definitely agree. There's an element of bias and green tinted specs because its Hibs fans doing it but it's not so bad to take away decent performances from our opposition or even to be honest and say we weren't very good in a specific instance.

SouthMoroccoStu

Heard "up to our knees....." about a minute before ko

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-08-2017, 12:13 PM
To be fair, we've had threads in the past going on about our managers being "Hibs class" because they wear a suit. Conversely, we've definitely slagged off Hearts managers for wearing track suits. Football is fickle.

Seriously?

I've no real issue with what a manager wears whether it's a suit or a tracksuit. Although I watched the Aberdeen game in Europe and their manager had a pair of jeans on, timberland boots, a polo shirt and cap. I found that weird

Allant1981
13-08-2017, 12:56 PM
pretty sure the other commentator was alan mclaren, for an ex player his analysis was garbage

WoreTheGreen
13-08-2017, 01:01 PM
pretty sure the other commentator was alan mclaren, for an ex player his analysis was garbage

It was and he was

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2017, 01:18 PM

He was bias but how ever bad he was he at least tried to call the game

The main boy was so blinkered it was hunbelieveable

SRHibs
13-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Seriously?

I've no real issue with what a manager wears whether it's a suit or a tracksuit. Although I watched the Aberdeen game in Europe and their manager had a pair of jeans on, timberland boots, a polo shirt and cap. I found that weird

Agreed. Neil Lennon can wear nothing but a thong and I'm happy, if we keep playing this way.

CL0762
13-08-2017, 01:41 PM
I rewatched the first half with Rangers TV commentary and I thought alan mclaren was actually alright towards us.

That Tom Miller is a grade A fud though.

13-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Constantly going on about space in midfield due to the red card. Taking about sin bins was ridiculous.

Stick them in a confessional box and make them ask a priest for forgiveness before they can come back on.

HibbyKeith
13-08-2017, 06:10 PM
I rewatched the first half with Rangers TV commentary and I thought alan mclaren was actually alright towards us.

That Tom Miller is a grade A fud though.

McLaren had a comment in the first half something along the lines of Windass went past Whittaker like he wasn't there, It was that easy Whittaker might need a ticket to get back in.

As bias as they were for the majority of the match this genuinely made me chuckle.