PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

SirDavidsNapper
13-08-2017, 12:43 AM
As fantastic a 3 points as it was, am I alone in thinking we'd take something? Maybe I'm used to winning at Ibrox. It seems normal to me. Celtic park and dare I say It Tynecastle hold more trepidation for me than the bigot dome as we've won there so many times. Does anyone remember when Rangers were our bogy team?

Captain Trips
13-08-2017, 12:45 AM
As fantastic a 3 points as it was, am I alone in thinking we'd take something? Maybe I'm used to winning at Ibrox. It seems normal to me. Celtic park and dare I say It Tynecastle hold more trepidation for me than the bigot dome as we've won there so many times. Does anyone remember when Rangers were our bogy team?

No a fair few including me had a good feeling. I based it on they have signed far to many players in key areas whom haven't played over here.

IMO they are going to struggle with all these guys through the winter. The Rangers are deid again.

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2017, 10:13 AM
We have an outstanding win record at Broke-brox don't We?? Other than Septic it must be the best of all the other sides in Scotland id imagine over the last 10 to 15 years

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
13-08-2017, 10:16 AM
I'm not surprised in the slightest. We have a brilliant team and a first class manager.

I don't think we'll be far off Sevco (if we are at all) by the end of the season.

Captain Trips
13-08-2017, 10:20 AM
I'm not surprised in the slightest. We have a brilliant team and a first class manager.

I don't think we'll be far off Sevco (if we are at all) by the end of the season.

We will be far off them, above them. Overloaded with players whom I think will chuck the toys out on a cold winters night.

The Rangers will not be in top 3.

Killiehibbie
13-08-2017, 10:20 AM

I don't think we'll be far off Sevco (if we are at all) by the end of the season.I'm hoping for better than 5th or 6th.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2017, 10:25 AM
We will be far off them, above them. Overloaded with players whom I think will chuck the toys out on a cold winters night.

The Rangers will not be in top 3.

I'm hoping for better than 5th or 6th.

They still have a decent team though and won't lose many other home games for the rest of the season.

I do think we have a team that's capable of finishing above them but it will be close.

I think we're quite evenly matched.

heretoday
13-08-2017, 10:34 AM
I thought we'd win. Rangers are crap. I'd back us to win anywhere at the moment except Celtic or Aberdeen.

jacomo
13-08-2017, 10:48 AM
They still have a decent team though and won't lose many other home games for the rest of the season.

I do think we have a team that's capable of finishing above them but it will be close.

I think we're quite evenly matched.

Sevco looked improved in attack but still very shaky in defence.

I'm not convinced by them at all. I think the Dons still look stronger and we do too.

wookie70
13-08-2017, 10:53 AM
It was interesting the reactions of the two sets of players to adversity. The Rangers flew out of the traps and for the second week running we got caught cold. The first goal, like last week, was a disaster. Ambrose left the scorer to Whittaker or vice versa and we were a complete shambles for a relatively simple back post ball. For the next 10 or 15 minutes we were all over the place. After we had ridden the storm though we looked very good and when we got back into the game they started to go into their shells. After the sending off there was only one winner and we should have really won more comfortably.

If Lennon can get the defense sorted out for set pieces and also work out a way of getting us playing from the first whistle we have a very good chance of finishing top 4. The three league goals we have conceded have been very poor defensively but hopefully that will be due to the swapping and changing of formations and new players like Whittaker settling in. The good news is we look like we are going to score very regularly and our defense may not be under as much pressure as it has been in the last two years. Murray is working out exactly as I thought he would and I am very pleasantly surprised at how well Stokes has started. The biggest rabbit out of the hat could be Slivka, he was excellent yesterday and looks a real player. With Graham leaving I think we still need one more forward and possibly another winger.

So in answer to the question, It's not just you. We now have a balanced squad with goals from several areas and a great blend of experience and youth and a host of players who have won medals with quite a few multiple medals. We have no need to fear anyone in the league and should be rolling up to every ground expecting to win or take points.

IGRIGI
13-08-2017, 10:53 AM
I had the same feeling pre match as I did before the 3-0 cup win in 2097, for some reason I thought we were stick ons for the win.

That quickly changed when they got the first and I thought we were heading for a pumping but I'm glad my initial feelings were proved correct😃

Franck Stanton
13-08-2017, 11:34 AM
On our day we can compete with anyone in the league. Our biggest fault/failing is consistency. We need to be at the top of our game every week, not just against the "top" teams. Now I am not saying we will let our standards drop, that remains to be seen over the course of the season, don 't think Lennon will put up with that, however, it has happened all too often in the past.

Wilson
13-08-2017, 11:45 AM
I told them all at my work in Glasgow that we would win. My confidence was shaken slightly by their dismantling of Dunfermline. Dunfermline aren't hibs I told them.

They were over confident and clearly had no idea about the team Lennon has built.

I'm glad my faith was rewarded :)

Prof. Shaggy
13-08-2017, 11:46 AM
I had the same feeling pre match as I did before the 3-0 cup win in 2097, for some reason I thought we were stick ons for the win.

That quickly changed when they got the first and I thought we were heading for a pumping but I'm glad my initial feelings were proved correct😃

Looking forward to that!

MyJo
13-08-2017, 11:48 AM
I thought we'd win. Rangers are crap. I'd back us to win anywhere at the moment except Celtic or Aberdeen.

:agree: I'm normally never confident going into matches against the old firm but there was no doubt in my mind in the lead up that we would win a Ibrox.

The only team i look at in the league just now and think we might not be able to beat them is Celtic.

Even Aberdeen are in our sights, we pushed them all the way in the scottish cup semi last year and were unlucky to lose that game and since then we have got significantly stronger while Aberdeen are probably about the same despite making some decent signings.

snooky
13-08-2017, 11:50 AM
I thought we would win 3-1. When I heard about Boyler & Marv being out I didn't feel as confident.
After losing the early goal and surviving a couple of bombscares, my confidence came back and again, I thought we'd win 3-1.

I'll take 3-2 though. Well done, ma bonnie boys. :partyhibb

18Hibee75
15-08-2017, 09:21 AM

That quickly changed when they got the first and I thought we were heading for a pumping but I'm glad my initial feelings were proved correct[emoji2]

At least when I die, I know Hibs WILL beat rangers 3-0 in a cup match!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk