PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

Hermit Crab
12-08-2017, 11:49 PM
Said it from the first time I seen him play at Alloa, the boys a player. Got himself into the game after a ropey start along with the rest of the team. His vision, passing, movement, skill and pace was fantastic today, the Rangers just couldn't handle him and Dylan in midfield today. Claims an assist for the 2nd and my oh my what strike for the 3rd goal rounding off a great performance.

I'd have him in my team every week!

matty_f
12-08-2017, 11:52 PM
He looks a real find. That strike was fantastic, looking forward to watching him at Easter Road.

Onceinawhile
12-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Based on the limited time I've seen him, he has no business being in this league. That goal was reminiscent of sauzee.

Mango Man
12-08-2017, 11:55 PM
Said it from the first time I seen him play at Alloa, the boys a player. Got himself into the game after a ropey start along with the rest of the team. His vision, passing, movement, skill and pace was fantastic today, the Rangers just couldn't handle him and Dylan in midfield today. Claims an assist for the 2nd and my oh my what strike for the 3rd goal rounding off a great performance.

Indeed, just finished rewatching the game, he misplaced 1 pass all game, covers a lot of ground and has a good physical presence, great strike too.

Ilovehibs
12-08-2017, 11:55 PM
In his post match interview Lennon gives credit to George Mathie for tracking and recruiting him. Thanks George!

Hermit Crab
12-08-2017, 11:57 PM
He looks a real find. That strike was fantastic, looking forward to watching him at Easter Road.

Based on the limited time I've seen him, he has no business being in this league. That goal was reminiscent of sauzee.

:agree:. You don't get signed for Juve and play 19 times for your country if you're rubbish. He along with McGinn and McGeoch are going to be big big players for us this season. I said during the week I hope he starts on Saturday as I felt Swanson would be in danger of seeing red, I'm glad Lennon put him in the team, looking forward to seeing more of him.

The goal, you're right! It was Sauzee like.:not worth

Hermit Crab
12-08-2017, 11:58 PM
In his post match interview Lennon gives credit to George Mathie for tracking and recruiting him. Thanks George!

Yes, thanks indeed. :agree:

monktonharp
13-08-2017, 12:04 AM
I mentioned on another thread that I would hope the 2 Lithuanian players get into this game as they wont be overawed by the occasion. this young man looks as if he took his chance to force himself into the frame for a regular appearance. his goal was sublime. mind you, none of our players seemed to have been overwhelmed by the events. :greengrin

PiemanP
13-08-2017, 12:06 AM
Fyvie who? Neat and tidy player no doubt, but this guy is a step above and real progress. Massive well done to the scouting team for finding him.

Onceinawhile
13-08-2017, 12:07 AM
Also, he's supposed to be referred to as 'former juventus man' vykintas slivka.

Hibbycol
13-08-2017, 12:14 AM
:agree:. You don't get signed for Juve and play 19 times for your country if you're rubbish. He along with McGinn and McGeoch are going to be big big players for us this season. I said during the week I hope he starts on Saturday as I felt Swanson would be in danger of seeing red, I'm glad Lennon put him in the team, looking forward to seeing more of him.

The goal, you're right! It was Sauzee like.:not worthThe new sauzee but younger, I will take that all day long [emoji16].

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

snooky
13-08-2017, 12:18 AM
The new sauzee but younger, I will take that all day long [emoji16].

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

As I said earlier, he's 'Slick'. :agree:

KWJ
13-08-2017, 12:19 AM

Think it's Graeme Mathie.

monktonharp
13-08-2017, 12:36 AM
As I said earlier, he's 'Slick'. :agree:ok, can we call him slick boy? need to ask Irvine Welsh if there are any copyright issues on that though. :wink:

jeffers
13-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Midweek was the first time I saw him and was really impressed, yesterday he was just class and his goal was brilliant. On that performance he's a first pick in midfield alongside SJM with others fighting for the remaining places.

Hibeewilly
13-08-2017, 07:58 AM
Midweek was the first time I saw him and was really impressed, yesterday he was just class and his goal was brilliant. On that performance he's a first pick in midfield alongside SJM with others fighting for the remaining places.
Slivka looks a real find and played really well yesterday but for first names on teamsheets mine would be Dylan McGeouch. He was immense yesterday - he ran the show from start to finish. Absolutely magnificent midfield performance

Mikey09
13-08-2017, 08:06 AM

Seen him on Tuesday night. Said to my cousin at the time this lad is a top player. Big Marv has a job on his hands getting his place in the team back.

jax67
13-08-2017, 08:30 AM
I still can tell if he's left or right footed.
Quality player.

spike220
13-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Seen him on Tuesday night. Said to my cousin at the time this lad is a top player. Big Marv has a job on his hands getting his place in the team back.

Think there could be times they might both be on the park together. NL likes to mix things up depending on who we are playing and how he wants us set up.

Jack Hackett
13-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Think there could be times they might both be on the park together. NL likes to mix things up depending on who we are playing and how he wants us set up.

:agree:

I think Neil has gathered the squad he has to cope with different levels and style of play, not just cover for injuries. It's a proper squad. Not on a level with Celtcs, but then he doesn't have their budget