PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Jack's sending off

yogi_campfire
12-08-2017, 06:54 PM
At the game it looked like he was sent off for a headbutt in the never, could be seen from the away end and the Lino was straightnon the radio, none of this grabbing around the neck. Anyone else see that? I'm positive that's what happened and the folk around me agreed.

Skol
12-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Rangers commentary said he offered his head to the hibs player.

lord bunberry
12-08-2017, 06:55 PM
At the game it looked like he was sent off for a headbutt in the never, could be seen from the away end and the Lino was straightnon the radio, none of this grabbing around the neck. Anyone else see that? I'm positive that's what happened and the folk around me agreed.
He grabbed Dylan, but it was never a red card.

yogi_campfire
12-08-2017, 06:56 PM

That's all I can see on the highlights but a bit later in the melee I'm positive there was heads going together.

The_Horde
12-08-2017, 06:57 PM

Grabbed him by the throat. Assault in the street.

Thecat23
12-08-2017, 06:57 PM

Lift your hands you should be off. Correct decision!

CL0762
12-08-2017, 06:58 PM
From where I was it looked like he thrust his head towards someone.

On a separate note, how the hell did Dorrans stay on the park?

jeffers
Watched the incident a few times and I'm still not sure what he did to merit a red. Didn't look any worse than Stokes on Tavernier. I've seen enough bad decisions given to them against over the years so I'll gladly take this one.

Pretty Boy
That's all I can see on the highlights but a bit later in the melee I'm positive there was heads going together.

There was a headbutt/head pushed forward. Linesman saw it (Lewis made sure he did) and it was him who made the decision. He pointed Jack out to the ref. Definite red, think it may be one that was missed by the cameras as it was a couple of yards away from the main handbags.

Right in line with where I was standing and everyone around me was screaming for a red.

yogi_campfire
12-08-2017, 06:59 PM

Nae idea, he couldn't handle Slivka taking him out the game. Thought their boy up top (non 20 whoever he was) was losing the plot and was on shaky grounds towards the end of the half aswell.

Pete
12-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Rangers commentary said he offered his head to the hibs player.

*Kenneth Williams smiley*

SingaporeHibs
12-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Was hard to see given all the players in there pushing and shoving but from what I saw, it was never a red. Stokes at the time was way too pumped and could easily have taken a 2nd yellow. We certainly can't complain about the ref today. Unusual!!!

SouthMoroccoStu
12-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Tried to upper cut Dylan

Got caught

In his eyes, Must have been bad to be sent off by Beaton at ibrox

GreenCastle
12-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Out of no where grabbed Dylan close to neck.

Seen worse but not sure what he was doing and cost his team big time.

We would have beaten them anyway !

yogi_campfire
12-08-2017, 07:13 PM
There was a headbutt/head pushed forward. Linesman saw it (Lewis made sure he did) and it was him who made the decision. He pointed Jack out to the ref. Definite red, think it may be one that was missed by the cameras as it was a couple of yards away from the main handbags.

Right in line with where I was standing and everyone around me was screaming for a red.

Exactly what I saw mate

emerald green
12-08-2017, 07:16 PM
I digress slightly, but I remember Rangers players like John Greig, Tam Forsyth, Graeme Roberts, and others too many to mention get away with absolute murder on the field of play by referees.

Whether today was a red card or not I don't know. I've not seen it. However, full marks to the referee. So many times in the past the Rangers player would not have been sent off. It makes a change that Hibs didn't get the s*** end of the stick against the Ibrox club today.

hibbysam
12-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Head butted Stokes round our side of the melee once it was all calm in down. Lino seen it and was straight on the blower to the ref.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-08-2017, 10:04 PM

Geniune LOL moment - drawing strange look from the wife ;)

kevinc
12-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Think it should be rescinded......he can then play against Hertz

Speedway
12-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Head butted Stokes round our side of the melee once it was all calm in down. Lino seen it and was straight on the blower to the ref.

That's the one I thought he was done for.

Tornadoes70
12-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Think it should be rescinded......he can then play against Hertz

We want the yams to make the top six so we can ram them as many times as possible this season.

:giruy2:

B.H.F.C
12-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Jack head butted (or tried to) Stokes. Really annoying because the media didn't pick it up and the conspiracy starts. Was clear as day. It was the linesman on our side that got him sent off.

Deansy
12-08-2017, 10:37 PM
I still can't believe a Hun got sent off at Ibrox - more proof of their financial woes I suppose, that they're unable to arrange that 'things go their way' !!

Santa Cruz
12-08-2017, 10:37 PM
At the time I was sure one of ours would be sent off as well.

Delighted when it didn't happen

kevinc
12-08-2017, 10:55 PM
We want the yams to make the top six so we can ram them as many times as possible this season.

:giruy2: I don't want them to make the top six.

LaMotta
12-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Tv footage here:

https://twitter.com/Barlosthecat/status/896504840188297216

doesent catch the heedbut folk are talking about that lino saw.

SirDavidsNapper
12-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Stupid hun. 3-2 get it right up ye

lapsedhibee
12-08-2017, 11:11 PM
I still can't believe a Hun got sent off at Ibrox - more proof of their financial woes I suppose, that they're unable to arrange that 'things go their way' !!

Probably a fenian rhef on this occasion (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7281763.stm) as well.

Sir David Gray
12-08-2017, 11:15 PM
I've seen the incident and if that was a Hibs player I would be looking for that to be rescinded.

Really not sure what it was for.

EH54
12-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Never a sending off however Jack was stupid to even give the ref a decision to make and it's about time we got a bit of luck like this at Ibrox or Celtic park

greenlex
12-08-2017, 11:28 PM
In a similar vein Stokes should have walked early doors.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2017, 11:36 PM
He definitely does stick the head in, you can just see it in the first.

You see this is going to bite the rangers in the arse because they banned the BBC from Ibrox so the only footage they have is a ropey Rangers tv feed with only a couple of camera angles, The BBC would have had about 8 or 9 at the game.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2017, 11:37 PM
In a similar vein Stokes should have walked early doors.

Christ aye, Earliest of early baths. I think thats what saved him. Doesn't make it right he wasnt sent off though.

Pete
12-08-2017, 11:39 PM
It's what you don't see that's important.

Straight red for the Rangers player. Great decision.

HoboHarry
12-08-2017, 11:40 PM
Never a sending off however Jack was stupid to even give the ref a decision to make and it's about time we got a bit of luck like this at Ibrox or Celtic park
There was more than one Jack Off amongst the Rangers contingent today...... :wink:

Wee Effen Bee
12-08-2017, 11:43 PM
Didn't know who it was at the time but I saw the the Rangers boy definitely thrust his heard forwards and the ref appeared to be on to it very quickly. Red all day long - even with green specs on.:greengrin

EH54
12-08-2017, 11:49 PM
There was more than one Jack Off amongst the Rangers contingent today...... :wink:

:faf: :top marks

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2017, 11:56 PM
Jack head butted (or tried to) Stokes. Really annoying because the media didn't pick it up and the conspiracy starts. Was clear as day. It was the linesman on our side that got him sent off.

SSN showed it and mentioned it. I saw it when watching the game live and my first thought was I hope Stokes doesn't get picked up for a yellow/red. When I saw his reaction I think he thought the same.

They'll definitely get it rescinded.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2017, 11:57 PM
He definitely does stick the head in, you can just see it in the first.

You see this is going to bite the rangers in the arse because they banned the BBC from Ibrox so the only footage they have is a ropey Rangers tv feed with only a couple of camera angles, The BBC would have had about 8 or 9 at the game.

The BBC banned themselves from ibrox - the rangers only banned one journalist and the BBC took exception.

snooky
13-08-2017, 12:08 AM
Loads of handbags stuff at the Jack sending off. Didn't see any player doing anything worse than the rest, TBH.
Stokes should have walked for the Tavernier incident.
All I can say is .... about bloody time this happened. We've been on the receiving end of this type of stuff for years.

Hibs1972
13-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Too many bodies in the way from what we can see,maybe the ref got a better view from his position. Stokes looks no too happy at one point though.

marleyhib
13-08-2017, 12:17 AM
Happy happy days

truehibernian
13-08-2017, 12:24 AM
I still think it's laughable that certain critics think Ryan Jack is 1) a good footballer and 2) a hard man :faf:

Willie Miller and McInnes certainly did their best in the media to convince folk he was both and he is neither - Ryan Jack is a bog standard player who the press made out to be an 'enforcer' - the boy looked like he was going to greet when he came off today :greengrin awful player who media have hyped :aok:

Mantis Toboggan
13-08-2017, 12:37 AM
The BBC banned themselves from ibrox - the rangers only banned one journalist and the BBC took exception.

true but no journalistic entity is going to stand for one of their own being banned for no good reason - BBC are in the right here.

HoboHarry
13-08-2017, 12:46 AM
I can see tomorrow's headlines .... "Jack Off"
See my post above..... :greengrin

franck sauzee
13-08-2017, 02:00 AM

What's the reason for this? I'm not questioning btw just curious

Velma Dinkley
13-08-2017, 02:17 AM
The Rangers didn't like the BBC reporting that its fans were arrested for sectarian abuse http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33665555

B.H.F.C
13-08-2017, 02:37 AM
SSN showed it and mentioned it. I saw it when watching the game live and my first thought was I hope Stokes doesn't get picked up for a yellow/red. When I saw his reaction I think he thought the same.

They'll definitely get it rescinded.

I've only saw it at the game. But no way he gets that reconded IMO. I thought there was a blatant headbut. Or an attempt at one.

hibbybrian
13-08-2017, 04:11 AM
I digress slightly, but I remember Rangers players like John Greig, Tam Forsyth, Graeme Roberts, and others too many to mention get away with absolute murder on the field of play by referees.

Whether today was a red card or not I don't know. I've not seen it. However, full marks to the referee. So many times in the past the Rangers player would not have been sent off. It makes a change that Hibs didn't get the s*** end of the stick against the Ibrox club today.

Don't forget Gregor Stephens

unlike the Sloop JB 50-50 v John Greig :wink:

calumhibee1
13-08-2017, 04:16 AM

Exactly. Was it a red? No. Does it make up for the decisions that usually go against us at parkhead? I remember Boyd absolutely maiming wee Zemmama with a forearm smash, so my answer to that would be absolutely yes.

Phil MaGlass
13-08-2017, 04:56 AM
I would think an effort at a headbutt and the grabbing of a neck/throat warrants a sending off, no?

CallumLaidlaw
13-08-2017, 05:07 AM
It doesn't matter anyway. We were the better team at this point and would've won regardless [emoji172][emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbiedon
13-08-2017, 05:47 AM
Don't care, he was sent off maybe he should ask Big Marv for advice. It's harder to play against ten men so we more than deserved our victory.

calumhibee1
13-08-2017, 06:16 AM
https://streamable.com/g62lk

He tries to head butt stokes. Can see it in the replay

Jack
13-08-2017, 06:38 AM
As sevco and the media never tire of telling us ... these things even themselves out over a season and we should just accept it!

LioNeilMessi
13-08-2017, 06:54 AM

Definite red after seeing that. What's Dorrans even thinking kicking off like that in the first place.

jeffers
13-08-2017, 07:26 AM
After seeing the latest footage definitely a straight red, clear headbutt albeit a very soft one. Not the brightest move right in front of Beaton.

brog
13-08-2017, 08:02 AM
I've watched it on TV, slowed it down & here's my take on it. Jack grabs McGeouch round neck, very similar to what Stokes was booked for, Beaton is about a yard away, he looks directly at Jack as if to say I have your number for a booking. Beaton then turns away to let things settle down. As Beaton turns around again Jack is once more straight in his eye line, this time pushing his head into Stokes' face. Beaton is behind Jack so he will only see his movement. I believe he was effectively given the red for what were 2 yellow card offences in the space of a few seconds. The only thing that makes me think there may have been more is the reaction from Hibs players. They were infuriated, more than I would have expected for what occurred. It's possible Jack said something, he was mouthing off at start of the melee & at that time as above, Beaton was very close to him. Anyway, we'll take it, nice to come out on the right side for once.

jax67
13-08-2017, 08:05 AM

Dorrans? Was he playing?😂

Waxy
13-08-2017, 08:07 AM
Sending off offence and he got sent off for it.

Kaiser1962
13-08-2017, 08:07 AM
After seeing the latest footage definitely a straight red, clear headbutt albeit a very soft one. Not the brightest move right in front of Beaton.

Though it was soft initially but can see the ref's thinking as its violent conduct all day long.

I thought it was good that when they tried to bully us we didnt back down and the amount of Hibs players that got in there after Dorrans reacted to Slivka. We've been soft far too long.

jax67
13-08-2017, 08:08 AM

Yep, ref staring at Jack as he moves his head forwards.👍

Hibby70
13-08-2017, 08:10 AM
That second angle shows it clearly as a sending off offence.

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-08-2017, 08:20 AM
I thought initially it was soft but that clip clearly shows Jack trying to nut Stokes and then the Hibs player's reacting to that.

Was a straight red and a good decision by the ref.

danhibees1875
13-08-2017, 08:25 AM
I've watched it on TV, slowed it down & here's my take on it. Jack grabs McGeouch round neck, very similar to what Stokes was booked for, Beaton is about a yard away, he looks directly at Jack as if to say I have your number for a booking. Beaton then turns away to let things settle down. As Beaton turns around again Jack is once more straight in his eye line, this time pushing his head into Stokes' face. Beaton is behind Jack so he will only see his movement. I believe he was effectively given the red for what were 2 yellow card offences in the space of a few seconds. The only thing that makes me think there may have been more is the reaction from Hibs players. They were infuriated, more than I would have expected for what occurred. It's possible Jack said something, he was mouthing off at start of the melee & at that time as above, Beaton was very close to him. Anyway, we'll take it, nice to come out on the right side for once.

The players, particularly Stokes, reaction suggests to me something might have been said. :agree:

greenginger
13-08-2017, 08:30 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40913511

2nd last para,

" If the opposition is allowed to have 2 coaches in the technical area so should we .....".:confused:

what's he on about ?

jeffers
13-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Though it was soft initially but can see the ref's thinking as its violent conduct all day long.

I thought it was good that when they tried to bully us we didnt back down and the amount of Hibs players that got in there after Dorrans reacted to Slivka. We've been soft far too long.

Absolutely. Last season too often we weren't great to watch, but we had the hard edge I felt we lacked under Stubbs. This season we have added some quality footballers and retained that hard edge. I'm loving what Neil Lennon is doing.

jacomo
13-08-2017, 08:44 AM

Right in front of the referee too. Soft red perhaps but he can have no complaints.

Dublin07
13-08-2017, 08:56 AM
The players, particularly Stokes, reaction suggests to me something might have been said. :agree:

Jack said something in the middle of it to SJM that kicked off the whole hibs team and had stokes raging. Watched it back a few times and although you cant tell exactly looks like he called him a fenian something.

Mick O'Rourke
13-08-2017, 09:15 AM
I have been thinking the same since yesterday
Anthony was not involved in the initial melee.
He suddenly goes ballistic, as do some others.
That suggests to me some verbal went on.
Maybe even sectarian ,given Anthonys level of rage.
Jacks may well have been sent off for the "head butt",but like you i am convinced something more happened during all that went on

Bostonhibby
13-08-2017, 09:19 AM
I still think it's laughable that certain critics think Ryan Jack is 1) a good footballer and 2) a hard man :faf:

Willie Miller and McInnes certainly did their best in the media to convince folk he was both and he is neither - Ryan Jack is a bog standard player who the press made out to be an 'enforcer' - the boy looked like he was going to greet when he came off today :greengrin awful player who media have hyped :aok:Looking like he's an Ian Black wannabe but he couldn't stir Blackies emulsion when it comes to the snidey cowardly stuff. Probably a work in progress.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Johnny Clash
13-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Yep, ref staring at Jack as he moves his head forwards.👍

Plus Jack has a hold of Stokesey's shirt and pulling him forwards towards his napper!

EVENTUALLY
13-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Jack said something in the middle of it to SJM that kicked off the whole hibs team and had stokes raging. Watched it back a few times and although you cant tell exactly looks like he called him a fenian something.
The instant after Jack attempts to wrestle McGeough to the deck Dylan is quietly in the ref's face and ear. He ignores the ongoing handbags and just wanders around every other player constantly cranking up Beaton. This and his coolness in the face of further provocation went a long way to making sure Hibs kept 11 men on the park while The Rangers were rightly reduced to 10. Should have been 9 for Morelos and Cardosa constant fouling.

Phil MaGlass
13-08-2017, 09:26 AM
I hope he called him a fenian ******* and it has been duly noted by the ref(wishful thinking) then this will bring everything into the open, the SFA will have to be seen reacting to it and may well bring the toothless Scottish Government into it. Now that would be great to watch.

Godsahibby
13-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Clear as day in the replay that he stuck his head on him. From the other angle is does look like stokes does exactly the same thing. Wouldn't be surprised to see a retrospective card for him.

jax67
13-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Plus Jack has a hold of Stokesey's shirt and pulling him forwards towards his napper!

👍

lapsedhibee
13-08-2017, 09:56 AM

Plus Jack is also manhandling the rhef after being sent off.
http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/120817-Rangers-v-Hibs/G0000VYX0bjnx8bA/I0000SVTiZqP9J8A/C00003dgdcivxA28
'In a fair world' this would lead to a second red and a longer suspension.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2017, 09:58 AM

Looking at it again I can see that now actually.

I doubt they'll get that rescinded after seeing that.

Hibee87
13-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Clear as day in the replay that he stuck his head on him. From the other angle is does look like stokes does exactly the same thing. Wouldn't be surprised to see a retrospective card for him.

Yeah it appears both players push thier heads towards each other but the refs angle only means he sees jacks i think. Wont be recinded but stokes will be uo to the 'complience officer'

canuckhibee
13-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Need to be rationale here - it was not a sending off. But Rangers after match reaction is astonishing. Decisions will go (and go against) your team during the course of a season. Suck it up. If I were Rangers I would be more angry with Dorrans. His over reaction to Slivka's challenge kicked the whole thing off which ultimately led to losing a man.

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Need to be rationale here - it was not a sending off. But Rangers after match reaction is astonishing. Decisions will go (and go against) your team during the course of a season. Suck it up. If I were Rangers I would be more angry with Dorrans. His over reaction to Slivka's challenge kicked the whole thing off which ultimately led to losing a man.

You're not allowed to tackle a rangers player

Captain Trips
13-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Any sending off for them is deserved. The old club all those fans supported whom are pissed cheated for years.

I do not have the time to go through all the dodgy sending offs against them there has been.

Suck it up ye got gubbed.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2017, 10:26 AM
I thought it was very harsh, but, looking at it again, there was a clear gesture to put the head in, which is a red card offence. Good spot by the referee; the Huns need to pipe down with the conspiracy theories. Beaten by the better team.

Jonnyboy
13-08-2017, 10:31 AM
It doesn't matter anyway. We were the better team at this point and would've won regardless [emoji172][emoji172]

Agreed Callum. Was good to meet you at Ibrox buddy 👍

CallumLaidlaw
13-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Agreed Callum. Was good to meet you at Ibrox buddy [emoji106]

You too John [emoji106]

green with envy
13-08-2017, 10:40 AM

Spot-on.

My laddie called it as soon as the indecent happened well before he was sent off.

snooky
13-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Looking like he's an Ian Black wannabe but he couldn't stir Blackies emulsion when it comes to the snidey cowardly stuff. Probably a work in progress.

:faf::top marks

He'll have to learn not to lose his distemper too.

CallumLaidlaw
13-08-2017, 11:03 AM
So..... Jack elbowed the ref. Great view of the headbutt too

https://twitter.com/benthetim/status/896661349161422848

KWJ
13-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Was a read but Stokes should have gone too and Dylan was a little lucky as the game went on similar to their striker that scored.

Will take it all day 😀

Big L
13-08-2017, 11:57 AM
From what I could see Jack tried to strangle wee Dylan, which was understandable, because Dylan was the best player on the park by a country mile!

CentreLine
13-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Okay so here's my twopence worth.
Stokes has already been booked. Jack thinks it is worth taking a booking himself if he can provoke Stokes in to a second bookable offence.
It backfired spectacularly if that was the intention

WoreTheGreen
13-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Yes Ryan Jack off enough said

Big_Franck
13-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Highlights of the game are now up on youtube and it includes the sending off incident. It wasn't caught by Sevco TV but in the clip below after 48 seconds you can see he tried to headbutt Stokes. Clear red card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHNpM3QxwY

Stevie Reid
13-08-2017, 06:14 PM

Excellent work!

IWasThere2016
13-08-2017, 06:20 PM
I've seen the incident and if that was a Hibs player I would be looking for that to be rescinded.

Really not sure what it was for.

This. Hope the laddie is back for his next game :wink:

pacorosssco
13-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Highlights of the game are now up on youtube and it includes the sending off incident. It wasn't caught by Sevco TV but in the clip below after 48 seconds you can see he tried to headbutt Stokes. Clear red card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHNpM3QxwY

Good work. Right in front of ref.On top of raising hands he had to go. Well done ref. A deserved red.

nonshinyfinish
13-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Okay so here's my twopence worth.
Stokes has already been booked. Jack thinks it is worth taking a booking himself if he can provoke Stokes in to a second bookable offence.
It backfired spectacularly if that was the intention

That's my assumption too, he was trying to get a reaction out of Stokes, and would be banking on the fact that these situations often lead to a booking each.

Captain Trips
13-08-2017, 06:56 PM
His sending off was fantastic, their reaction even better add to that we beat them.

10/10 I say.

Bostonhibby
13-08-2017, 06:56 PM
That's my assumption too, he was trying to get a reaction out of Stokes, and would be banking on the fact that these situations often lead to a booking each.He's just trying to fit in
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170813/9d358781bb6785b2371f583894c30cdd.jpg

Billy Whizz
13-08-2017, 06:59 PM
He's just trying to fit in

How much did they pay for him😂

JimBHibees
13-08-2017, 07:31 PM
He's just trying to fit in

Strange way of getting out his back pocket. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
13-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Strange way of getting out his back pocket. :greengrinRetrospective red?[emoji6]

Billy Whizz
13-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Retrospective red?[emoji6]

He was booked for this

The_Horde
13-08-2017, 09:24 PM
He was booked for this

And should have seen red for the next 6/7 fouls he made.

Bostonhibby
13-08-2017, 09:27 PM
He was booked for this

:agree:

I'll stick another couple of smilies in later.