PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton next week/dot count

Pages : [1] 2

Mikers110
12-08-2017, 05:48 PM
After today the boys deserve at least a 19000 crowd for next week. Let the dot count commence :thumbsup:

hfc rd
12-08-2017, 05:49 PM
They deserve a full house. We have a wonderful team at our disposal!

Speedway
12-08-2017, 05:50 PM
We should defo be looking to take at least a point against the Accoes next week with the run we're on.

SanFranHibs
12-08-2017, 05:51 PM
We should defo be looking to take at least a point against the Accoes next week with the run we're on.

Nothing less than 3 points with a bonus point just for being Hibs !

allezsauzee
12-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Hopefully we keep the momentum going next week although i don't think Hamilton will be any pushovers. I don't think I've ever been as confident about a Hibs team though. Strong throughout the team and with a bit of grit too. Surely has to be a sell out in the Hibs end?

GreenCastle
12-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Needs to be sold out - this team is getting better and after that win today continue to deserve our support!

Pretty Boy
12-08-2017, 07:11 PM
This is the kind of game you used to worry about us slipping up in after a big win. Not anymore, I'm confident we'll do the job professionally.

guthrie01
12-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Hamilton next week and Dundee the week after, would be very good if we could pick up 6 points and really stamp our place at the top of the table

Slavers
12-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Hopefully we keep the momentum going next week although i don't think Hamilton will be any pushovers. I don't think I've ever been as confident about a Hibs team though. Strong throughout the team and with a bit of grit too. Surely has to be a sell out in the Hibs end?

I'd be very surprised if the hibs end are not sold out on Saturday. A chance to go top of the league!!

--------
12-08-2017, 07:14 PM
This is the kind of game you used to worry about us slipping up in after a big win. Not anymore, I'm confident we'll do the job professionally.

I still worry. I'll always worry. Takes more than a few games to counter the hard experience of more than 50 years.

But we do seem to have signed one or two half-decent players ....

SirDavidsNapper
12-08-2017, 07:16 PM
There's going to be a big, big Hibs support

hibee_girl
12-08-2017, 07:17 PM

:agree:

RoYO!
12-08-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm really confident that we'll score goals. 2+ in any game.

I'm also confident about our defence.

Added to all that, NL will get the best out the team 9 out 10 times.

So yes, confident whilst obviously respecting the opposition as every team will have quality in it.

Garymcl
12-08-2017, 07:33 PM
In all honesty I've never been so proud to be a hibby (21/05/16 apart ) since the days of Turnbulls Tornadoes I'm like a little kid can't wait till next game to come along let's get Easter Road sold out for next weeks game this team certainly deserve it cmon !!!!ggtth :flag::flag:

Golden Bear
12-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Get the dot count started and make it sharpish. 😁

jacomo
12-08-2017, 08:43 PM
Hamilton next week and Dundee the week after, would be very good if we could pick up 6 points and really stamp our place at the top of the table

Neither will be a gimme but got to feel very confident after our start to the season.

I feel like teams are going to tighten up against us though. Our free scoring form has not gone unnoticed.

Billy Whizz
12-08-2017, 08:47 PM
The team deserve a huge turnout.
If you can make it, get along and support the boys!

Radium
12-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Missed Partick but ST was resold by club. Will be back next Saturday. I do want the club to bury the memory of their last visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
12-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Can't wait.

Let's make it 9/9.

murray26
12-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Can see about 16,000 next week.. Hamilton won't bring many..

Billy Whizz
12-08-2017, 09:24 PM

We had 16,000 Hibs v Partick, hope we can top that

E10 Rifle
12-08-2017, 09:34 PM
I still worry. I'll always worry. Takes more than a few games to counter the hard experience of more than 50 years.

Agree. Since when have we had a team and a supporter mentality to support a genuine winning ethos? My answer is NOW. Let's push on. Again, and again, and again.

RossScott1991
12-08-2017, 09:37 PM
We need to treat every opponent with respect, unless its hearts or rangers:greengrin

Onto Hamilton, big crowd and hopefully 3 points. Got to earn victories in any sport though, so lets keep it going hibs no complacency.:aok:

kevinc
12-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Be great to get 17k plus, I suspect that we have budgeted for circa 14000 so may allow us another signing before the transfer window closes.

lord bunberry
12-08-2017, 09:40 PM
For almost the first time in my hibs supporting life a season ticket has become almost essential.
Its a great time to be a hibs fan.

heretoday
12-08-2017, 09:57 PM
I'm looking forward to getting revenge over Hamilton for that ghastly play-off debacle. Sorry for bringing it up.

ChicagoHibee
12-08-2017, 11:01 PM
538 gives Hibs a 45% chance to get all 3 points.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premiership/

Onceinawhile
12-08-2017, 11:55 PM
9-0 .

SanFranHibs
13-08-2017, 01:27 AM
I'm really confident that we'll score goals. 2+ in any game.

I'm also confident about our defence.

Added to all that, NL will get the best out the team 9 out 10 times.

So yes, confident whilst obviously respecting the opposition as every team will have quality in it.

Must confess, I am not completely sold yet. I might be when we start winning a greater percentage of aerial balls in our own box !! Not just the goals conceded but if you look at the game we lost quite a few that caused us problems. Indeed we never even challenged a few of them. Missing the Fonts today.

But this team are only going to get better I feel. And winning can breed a winning mentality, especially with NL at the helm.

This team should fear no-one this season, home or away.

:flag:

houstonhibbee
13-08-2017, 01:33 AM
True but a win in Glasgow will catch the imagination. I reckon near 18,000

Renfrew_Hibby
13-08-2017, 02:37 AM
Anything over 17,000 would be great as Hamilton will bring their usual 78 & a dug.

franck sauzee
13-08-2017, 03:08 AM
Must confess, I am not completely sold yet. I might be when we start winning a greater percentage of aerial balls in our own box !! Not just the goals conceded but if you look at the game we lost quite a few that caused us problems. Indeed we never even challenged a few of them. Missing the Fonts today.

But this team are only going to get better I feel. And winning can breed a winning mentality, especially with NL at the helm.

What game do you mean? We look strong throughout I think

franck sauzee
13-08-2017, 03:11 AM
Anything over 17,000 would be great as Hamilton will bring their usual 78 & a dug.

It's a shame they can't get more fans. Scottish football would be better for stronger teams throughout. They've brought a few players through so have been good overall. Time for revenge for us though ;)

Phil MaGlass
13-08-2017, 05:15 AM

it was amazing the times we never got a head to the ball in our own box, and as for their second goal, dinnae get me started.

Man Down Under
13-08-2017, 05:28 AM
Hopefully we lose an early goal, it takes away the fear of conceding and then we score 3

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Jim44
13-08-2017, 06:27 AM
it was amazing the times we never got a head to the ball in our own box, and as for their second goal, dinnae get me started.

I hope Lennon has got the defence working on challenging crossed balls as we were sleeping at both their goals.

theonlywayisup
13-08-2017, 06:44 AM
Against Partick, it was the Friday before the game that the East, West and FF were shown as being 'sold out'.

Following yesterday's great result, I think it could be one or two days earlier. An indicator of our success this season will be how quickly our three stands are 'sold' out.

Next step would be to ensure it's a 'bums on seats' sell out. Against Partick, there were lots of empty spaces.

InchHibby
13-08-2017, 07:18 AM
This game will sell out and I think we will be buying tickets for the away end, this team deserve it, I know it's early doors but I haven't felt this positive in years. It's great to be a Hibee. GGTTH

Pretty Boy
13-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Is it not a Hibs kids game as well?

Hibrandenburg
13-08-2017, 07:46 AM

Ach, keep calm. It's not called "heidbaw" for a reason. :wink:

danhibees1875
13-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Hopefully we lose an early goal, it takes away the fear of conceding and then we score 3

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Terry butcher was right all along; he just didn't have Simon Murray to back it up for him.

iwasthere1972
13-08-2017, 08:30 AM
For almost the first time in my hibs supporting life a season ticket has become almost essential.
Its a great time to be a hibs fan.

Based on what I've seen so far this season, the £360 I paid for my season ticket seems like a steal.

GreenCastle
13-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Let's sell the home seats out - this team deserve it and ER is magical when full - plus more ££ for the club to push on!

Solid start so far - hopefully a big surge after a fantastic result yesterday.

I'm sure Callum will be here soon to give the official number of seats left..

DarlingtonHibee
13-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Don't get to many games now, up for Motherwell game with the lad. Supported for 50 years, so proud to be a Hibee.

Forza Fred
13-08-2017, 09:05 AM

I'm the same.

Mind you it's not far off the Turnbull's Tornadoes feel, when we would go the game expecting to win....whomever we played.

iwasthere1972
13-08-2017, 09:20 AM

In all my years of going to the fitba, I can't remember ever seeing a dug there. Has anybody?

Answers on a postcard to......

hibee_girl
13-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Is it not a Hibs kids game as well?

No, first Hibs kids game is against Motherwell in September

18Hibee75
13-08-2017, 10:22 AM
We should defo be looking to take at least a point against the Accoes next week with the run we're on.Nothing less than a win please. It's all well and good beating the huns but we've got to carry that on now otherwise that win isn't as good.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

HibsNibs
13-08-2017, 10:38 AM

I thought it was just me that was mentally scarred for life from the trials & tribs of being a Hibbie :worried::greengrin

hibbie02
13-08-2017, 11:00 AM
I thought it was just me that was mentally scarred for life from the trials & tribs of being a Hibbie :worried::greengrin

Naw, it's a widespread and known problem being a Hibbie. Anyone over 20 will have it.

Ozyhibby
13-08-2017, 11:13 AM
No, first Hibs kids game is against Motherwell in September

Hibs kids days are actually going to start costing us money. [emoji23]

houstonhibbee
13-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Let's sell the home seats out - this team deserve it and ER is magical when full - plus more ££ for the club to push on!

Solid start so far - hopefully a big surge after a fantastic result yesterday.

I'm sure Callum will be here soon to give the official number of seats left..
Is that not just showing the 11000 season tickets that will be the starting point for all games?

erin go bragh
13-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Is that not just showing the 11000 season tickets that will be the starting point for all games?

12k plus seasons sold me thinks .

NAE NOOKIE
13-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Of all the fixtures in the premiership anybody v Hamilton is usually the least attractive, not because Hamilton as a club aren't to be respected, but simply because their own town ( apart from 1000 folk I have huge respect for ) doesn't back them .... they gave a good account of themselves at Pittodrie and had a great result yesterday ... and yet on the back of that they will be lucky to have 200 with them on Saturday.

If we are to top 17,000 as we did against Partick we will need to see more than 16,000 Hibs fans in the ground and we will have to create our own atmosphere with so little away support to bounce off of.

But we are a team worth paying to see at the moment and after a great result yesterday I have high hopes that we will see a huge Hibs turnout, especially as this will be our last home game in August :aok: Also, with the exception of Celtic who have a skoosh away to Killie the top 4 are all at home in winnable fixtures .... a win is essential to keep our momentum going.

houstonhibbee
13-08-2017, 01:27 PM
12k plus seasons sold me thinks .
Sorry 12

SanFranHibs
13-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Ach, keep calm. It's not called "heidbaw" for a reason. :wink:

No, but it would help us when our opponents pump long diagonal balls into our box :greengrin

Garymcl
14-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Canny wait for Saturday what's the update on the dot count !!!:flag:

Souter96Mac
14-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Nothing less than a win please. It's all well and good beating the huns but we've got to carry that on now otherwise that win isn't as good.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

This. I said before the season started that to be a good side in this league, we have to consistently beat the teams lower down in the division. I've got faith that lennon will have us drilled to be competitive in the bigger games, but we can't let it slip in the other games

ozhibs
14-08-2017, 12:49 PM

Me too but I'm starting to believe :flag:

Sean1875
14-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Canny wait for Saturday what's the update on the dot count !!!:flag:

Wouldn't be able to give precise numbers but had a wee peak a few hours back and selling very well, aside from the two end sections of the east, the yellow sections left only seem to be single seats! Reckon we'll get a very healthy crowd on Saturday

SirDavidsNapper
14-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Pumping Hamilton on Saturday will bury a few ghosts

Smartie
14-08-2017, 01:07 PM
I think we should hype the game up beyond belief and turn up in our thousands hell bent on revenge for what happened the last time the clubs met.

We must be careful though that our players don't lose the place, that we don't go on to lose the game and then feel the need to send the Hamilton manager death threats for making a few gestures.

Although if that were to happen we could always content ourselves by releasing a few statements and starting some petitions.

BSEJVT
14-08-2017, 02:09 PM
I think we should hype the game up beyond belief and turn up in our thousands hell bent on revenge for what happened the last time the clubs met.

We must be careful though that our players don't lose the place, that we don't go on to lose the game and then feel the need to send the Hamilton manager death threats for making a few gestures.

Although if that were to happen we could always content ourselves by releasing a few statements and starting some petitions.

To be honest one of the biggest let downs of being a Hibs supporter over the last 50 years is the lack of petitions or open letters.

It's that lack of substance and self importance that holds us back.

Laced1875
14-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Fully expect a win, Hamilton will be the old complacency test.

Garymcl
14-08-2017, 02:17 PM
After Saturday not just the result lets get this game sold out for the team of course but as a message to Lenny that we are 100 per cent behind him and to give him a brilliant reception he has stood up for this club on many occasions I for one will be chanting his name loud and clear :flag::flag:

GreenCastle
14-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Starting to pick up and see more RED sections.

Most of the yellows are single seats.

Just ends of East and West to fill and will look another good crowd. Hopefully sell them all before Thursday and open South up like last time for others.

Again Hibs should be around the centre of town trying to get tourists to the game - even free tickets and fill the place up (money from food etc / merchandise etc).

seanshow
14-08-2017, 02:33 PM
As of Monday at 3.30pm, its already looking good :aok:

I'm_cabbaged
14-08-2017, 02:35 PM
In all my years of going to the fitba, I can't remember ever seeing a dug there. Has anybody?

Ah ken there was a yam(big berny?) He used to take his dug to the games, erse.

BegbieHSC
14-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Hopefully we fill the ground, and give our team and manager a thunderous backing

One Neil Lennon!

Hermit Crab
14-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Hopefully we fill the ground, and give our team and manager a thunderous backing

One Neil Lennon!

After Saturdays result I think we will come close.

bod
14-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Starting to pick up and see more RED sections.

Most of the yellows are single seats.

Just ends of East and West to fill and will look another good crowd. Hopefully sell them all before Thursday and open South up like last time for others.

Again Hibs should be around the centre of town trying to get tourists to the game - even free tickets and fill the place up (money from food etc / merchandise etc).

There should be enough hibs supporters interested without dishing out free tickets

Sean1875
14-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Already buzzing for Saturday and its only Monday :boo hoo:

Cod Boy
14-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Need a few more that weren't there against Partick to get the same sort of crowd as Hamilton won't bring anything near what Partick did.

Famous Fiver
14-08-2017, 03:25 PM
17,000 of us with hands cupped to ears chanting
'Rangers, Rangers, what's the score?' on Saturday would be some sight, and send a wee message to our friends in Glasgow.

Will we all be arrested/and or banned?

Will club 1872 or whatever their self important organisation is, make another statement?

JohnMcM
14-08-2017, 03:46 PM
This for me is one of those games where, historically, after a great result, we've underperformed. Happily, I'm sure this team won't this time, especially with NL at the helm and the depth of quality we have.

SirDavidsNapper
14-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Already buzzing for Saturday and its only Monday :boo hoo:

Great time to be a Hibby my friend

Smartie
14-08-2017, 03:51 PM
17,000 of us with hands cupped to ears chanting
'Rangers, Rangers, what's the score?' on Saturday would be some sight, and send a wee message to our friends in Glasgow.

Will we all be arrested/and or banned?

Will club 1872 or whatever their self important organisation is, make another statement?

"Let's all do the Lennon".

iwasthere1972
14-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Ah ken there was a yam(big berny?) He used to take his dug to the games, erse.

That Winters guy and Snorbits?

iwasthere1972
14-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Get your Lenny mask and cup your ears while singing Here we go ...Four in a row.

I'm_cabbaged
14-08-2017, 03:58 PM

😂

patlowe
14-08-2017, 04:02 PM
This for me is one of those games where, historically, after a great result, we've underperformed. Happily, I'm sure this team won't this time, especially with NL at the helm and the depth of quality we have.

The strength of the squad makes me hopeful that the players won't be complacent, for fear of losing their place in the team.

Pete
14-08-2017, 04:06 PM
I think we'll keep it up and smash them. Ibrox will unite us all.

No more complacency.

Garymcl
14-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Let's sell this out do what I've done if possible this season I've convinced another lost hibby pal to come to the leith San Siro on a regular basis he's loving it as he told me on more than one occasion already this season he's fell in love again with his club Ggtth :greengrin

Leith Green
14-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Anything 17k plus is a terrific support for a home game vs Hamilton. Think it will be there or thereabouts

MyJo
14-08-2017, 07:05 PM
If your a hibee and you know it, cup your ears!
if your a hibee and you know it, cup your ears!
if your a hibee and you know it, dont care if the huns report it

scm70nyd1973
14-08-2017, 07:25 PM

Actually - now that I come to think of it neither have I - home or away - and I have being going since I was 5 - well until I moved to NZ. Can we do pet season tickets - more revenue for the club and the atmosphere would be enhanced - barking mad idea that would be (oh no might've started the dreaded pun threads now) - if you allow the yams in with their dugs there would be a lot of howling though !

Lex7zero
14-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Wife out, got bored so decided to do a dot count. Pleasantly surprised by number already sold.
Tickets remaining _

East 475
West 543
North 113

Total 1,131

Will be good to roll up to another packed Easter Road and show our support for Lenny and the boys with so much bigoted diarrhoea spewing forth from The Rangers.

Glory Glory:flag:

Hermit Crab
14-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Actually - now that I come to think of it neither have I - home or away - and I have being going since I was 5 - well until I moved to NZ. Can we do pet season tickets - more revenue for the club and the atmosphere would be enhanced - barking mad idea that would be (oh no might've started the dreaded pun threads now) - if you allow the yams in with their dugs there would be a lot of howling though !

There was at least 3 dogs at Selkirk v Hibs U21s a few weeks ago, happily sitting being obedient.

scm70nyd1973
14-08-2017, 08:07 PM

You put your right hand here - your left hand there
Arm up - right up - and see what you can hear
The Huns are going mental - canny take it again
That's what it's all about
Oh do the Lenny shuffle (and so on )

SuperAllyMcleod
14-08-2017, 09:08 PM

One for the teenagers [emoji3][emoji23]

-Jonesy-
14-08-2017, 09:13 PM

Love it!!

AlbertK86
14-08-2017, 09:38 PM
You put your right hand here - your left hand there Arm up - right up - and see what you can hear The Huns are going mental - canny take it again That's what it's all about Oh do the Lenny shuffle (and so on )

😂😂😂😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Tornadoes70
14-08-2017, 09:43 PM

That is brilliant. Hope it catches on.

:thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
14-08-2017, 09:52 PM

:hilarious That's very good, and I'm enjoying the irony (see link below), but it does need a last line.

You know the "Knees bent, arms stretched, Ra Ra Ra" one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3883838/Doing-the-Hokey-Cokey-could-be-hate-crime.html

greenlex
15-08-2017, 12:39 AM
:hilarious That's very good, and I'm enjoying the irony (see link below), but it does need a last line.

You know the "Knees bent, arms stretched, Ra Ra Ra" one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3883838/Doing-the-Hokey-Cokey-could-be-hate-crime.html
How about Refs Bent,Red Card, Ra Ra Ra.

esjorto
15-08-2017, 03:15 AM

This one would be fantastic.
All us overseas Hibbees can watch it on Hibs TV and join in!
I know I will.

scm70nyd1973
15-08-2017, 05:28 AM

Good stuff - revised version of song could be (to the une of The Hokey Cokey ) :

Oh do the Lenny shuffle

Oh do the Lenny shuffle

Oh do the Lenny shuffle

Ref's bent, hats went blah blah blah

scm70nyd1973
15-08-2017, 06:01 AM

Good stuff - revised version of song could be (to the une of The Hokey Cokey ) :

Oh do the Lenny shuffle

Oh do the Lenny shuffle

Oh do the Lenny shuffle

Ref's bent, hats went blah blah blah

SChibs
15-08-2017, 06:18 AM
I think 16,000 would be a good crowd for this one! First game of the season was always gonna be a higher attendance and Hamilton won't bring many, maybe 300 or so

tartanhibee
15-08-2017, 06:21 AM

You can't have ra ra ra in the song lol the poor wee lambs will go into meltdown:)

Hibby70
15-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Looks like higher sales than the Partick game at this stage.

South open for sale on Thursday I reckon

frazeHFC
15-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Looks like higher sales than the Partick game at this stage.

South open for sale on Thursday I reckon

I think the home attendance will be close to it if not higher. A lot of season ticket holders seemed to miss the Partick game as there were a lot of spaces throughout the home ends. Would imagine most families are back from holiday now with schools going back.

TrinityHibs
15-08-2017, 08:09 AM
I think the home attendance will be close to it if not higher. A lot of season ticket holders seemed to miss the Partick game as there were a lot of spaces throughout the home ends. Would imagine most families are back from holiday now with schools going back.

First game this season for me:thumbsup:

nyhibs
15-08-2017, 08:09 AM
There was at least 3 dogs at Selkirk v Hibs U21s a few weeks ago, happily sitting being obedient.
Two of them with my son & I - Elroy & Stan. They had a great time- apart from the penalties

The_Sauz
15-08-2017, 08:33 AM
First game this season for me:thumbsup:
you only come when were winning
come when were winning
you only come when were winning
:na na:

itslegaltender
15-08-2017, 09:22 AM
tried logging in with different browsers and devices but message saying device not compatible on any. any way to sort this?

meant to say in relation to the interactive map.

-Jonesy-
15-08-2017, 09:35 AM
tried logging in with different browsers and devices but message saying device not compatible on any. any way to sort this?

Check you have flash installed on your browser and check its set to allow flash to run

we are hibs
15-08-2017, 09:43 AM
dont like this big crowd thing. preferred being able to stretch my legs

Golden Bear
15-08-2017, 09:44 AM

what browser do you use?

Hibbycol
15-08-2017, 09:59 AM
"Let's all do the Lennon".Posted something similar in the rangers media thread but mine was LET'S ALL DO THE LENNY whilst cupping ears ,would show we back our manager 100%,also cannae arrest 17,000 ,which would make "defunct since 1872" a laughing stock[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
15-08-2017, 10:37 AM
More RED sections on show this morning :top marks Let's keep this going!

kaimendhibs
15-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Answers on a postcard to......A hearts fan called Bernie used to take his dog everywhere

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

portyhibernian
15-08-2017, 10:53 AM
First game of the season for me, really looking forward to it - playing brilliantly at the moment so hopefully a really good turnout for this one.

iwasthere1972
15-08-2017, 11:21 AM
A hearts fan called Bernie used to take his dog everywhere

Did he have a brother called Mike?

Garymcl
15-08-2017, 11:26 AM
What a great start to the season this team and management deserves big turnouts we must as supporters keep up our support for this club and please any season ticket holder who cannot make it either contact ticket office and free up your seat asap or do as I do on the odd occasion I cannot make it I give my seat to hibby family or friends cmon let's get this ground rockin on Saturday there's only one Neil Lennon loud and clear Ggtth

Hibby70
15-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Even if not one more ticket was sold for this game it would still be a great turnout.

The fact we are almost verging on disappointment if we don't sell out 1/2 the away stand as well says it all.

We have come a very very long way.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Last home game at ER for a month, so expecting a massive turn out and performance

aljo7-0
15-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Given the number of empty seats against Partick, when the 3 stands were sold out and the fact that the holiday season is largely over the crowd may well appear bigger on Saturday even if no more seats are sold.

BlackSheep
15-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Some downtime at work so......

East 65
West 425
North 90

Total 580 left total

Sean1875
15-08-2017, 03:19 PM

East 65
West 425
North 90

Total 580 left total

That's 551 sold since half 8 last night then according to a dot count on page 3. We'll have sold out the 3 'home stands' by tomorrow night at the same rate, fantastic stuff :aok:

Earlydelivery
15-08-2017, 03:36 PM

East 65
West 425
North 90

Total 580 left total
There's hundreds left in section 45 of east m8

BlackSheep
15-08-2017, 03:41 PM
There's hundreds left in section 45 of east m8

Oops... Missed Section 45!!

East 242
West 425
North 90

Total left 757

:greengrin

Earlydelivery
15-08-2017, 03:43 PM
:hibees

East 242
West 425
North 90

Total left 757

RoscoHibby
15-08-2017, 04:12 PM
My mate and his laddie I sit with are on holiday so I have their STs

. Was going to take my wee boy to his 1st game, and the mrs as well. So still be 2 adults and a child, just wrong names.

In light of recent ticket fiascos, do we have a policy on this?
Has anyone had any problem with this in the past? Just hope I avoid a jobsworth steward? Appreciate any info (think I've just missed the ticket office for today)

In years gone by wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought but not much surprises me these days. And just really excited for his 1st game, no wanting sum wee nyaff in a yellow jacket messing with his 1st experience of the Leith San Siro!

BlackSheep
15-08-2017, 04:15 PM

. Was going to take my wee boy to his 1st game, and the mrs as well. So still be 2 adults and a child, just wrong names.

Has anyone had any problem with this in the past? Just hope I avoid a jobsworth steward? Appreciate any info (think I've just missed the ticket office for today)

In years gone by wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought but not much surprises me these days. And just really excited for his 1st game, no wanting sum wee nyaff in a yellow jacket messing with his 1st experience of the Leith San Siro!

I havet seen the Stewards checking the ST cards this season yet... I sit in the East.... should be fine.

Ozyhibby
15-08-2017, 04:18 PM

Yip, and my 4G is a lot slower nowadays at half time. [emoji35]

MyJo
15-08-2017, 04:19 PM

As long as an adult isn't trying to get in using a childs season ticket you'll be fine.

heretoday
15-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Daft question. Is there WiFi at ER?

Billy Whizz
15-08-2017, 04:30 PM

No

RoscoHibby
15-08-2017, 04:42 PM
As long as an adult isn't trying to get in using a childs season ticket you'll be fine.

Thanks for replies guys, appreciate it. Sure it'll be fine..

Like a kid at Xmas. For Hamilton accies...good hibby times!

15-08-2017, 06:15 PM
dont like this big crowd thing. preferred being able to stretch my legsAgreed [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SanFranHibs
15-08-2017, 06:20 PM

You will be stretching them often. Standing up to celebrate every time we score.

seanshow
15-08-2017, 06:28 PM

I think we should get a super stadium wide wifi setup installed and then bump the company after they've done the work............oh no wait, that's already been tried. :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
15-08-2017, 06:29 PM

Same. Liked being able to move to the back of the East when the sun got in my eyes. Damn this cup win and feel good factor malarkey 😠

SanFranHibs
15-08-2017, 06:30 PM

Not wishing to steal your song :wink:, but, visualising a packed ER doing the 'gestures', would like to incorporate the pumped fist.

You put your right hand here - your left hand here
No whining Huns greeting in your ears.
50,000 Huns feeling mighty pissed,
That's when they get the fist.
Ohhhh, Lenny, Lenny, Lenny,
He knows what it's all about

Nemo
15-08-2017, 06:34 PM

Not wishing to steal your song :wink:, but, visualising a packed ER doing the 'gestures', would like to incorporate the pumped fist.

You put your right hand here - your left hand here
No whining Huns greeting in your ears.
50,000 Huns feeling mighty pissed,
That's when they get the fist.
He knows what it's all about

Sure this has been covered before but can't remember the outcome

would we not get cited for using the word "Hun" canny mind but is it no considered "sectarian"

If no, then this by far is my favourite version so far :greengrin :greengrin

15-08-2017, 06:40 PM

would we not get cited for using the word "Hun" canny mind but is it no considered "sectarian"

If no, then this by far is my favourite version so far :greengrin :greengrinHun is not sectarian in Anyway.

Jack Hackett
15-08-2017, 06:44 PM

The only ones who consider it sectarian are the Huns, especially when they want to play the 'victim' card

Hibbyradge
15-08-2017, 06:48 PM
The only ones who consider it sectarian are the Huns, especially when they want to play the 'victim' card

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14781611.Use_of_word__hun__and__Jock__of_limited_c oncern_but__fenian__and__prod__is_unacceptable__sa ys_Ofcom/

Nakedmanoncrack
15-08-2017, 06:56 PM

Nothing sectarian about the word Hun (unike the Huns themselves), as the Huns well know.

Jack Hackett
15-08-2017, 06:58 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14781611.Use_of_word__hun__and__Jock__of_limited_c oncern_but__fenian__and__prod__is_unacceptable__sa ys_Ofcom/

:aok:

... did they start a petition?

Weststandwanab
15-08-2017, 07:03 PM

Daft Question - it sure is

They do not even have a speaker system that works.

That said the team is doing well.

MyJo
15-08-2017, 07:16 PM

Hun has zero religious connotations despite what Rangers fans will tell you.

I have never in my life heard of anyone, of any religion or persuasion that isn't a rangers fan being called a Hun. Its sole purpose is to identify someone as a rangers fan.

It's like claiming that terms like Yams, Sheep, unwashed etc that we use to refer to other supporters are sectarian.

Hibbycol
15-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Did he have a brother called Mike?you wouldn't have said that in his ear shot he was built like a brick ****house .

Garymcl
15-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Has anymore sections went red !!!:greengrin

Radium
15-08-2017, 09:34 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170815/9aceb1dd77bcf8f25a3cc92bae14af25.png

One more section in the East maybe

GreenCastle
15-08-2017, 09:36 PM

East 242
West 425
North 90

Total left 757

Good effort - hopefully down to under 500 tomorrow.

Remember to let the ticket office know if you can't make game so they can free the seat up and the club gets to resell ticket.

Mick O'Rourke
15-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Hun has zero religious connotations despite what Rangers fans will tell you.

I have never in my life heard of anyone, of any religion or persuasion that isn't a rangers fan being called a Hun. Its sole purpose is to identify someone as a rangers fan.

It's like claiming that terms like Yams, Sheep, unwashed etc that we use to refer to other supporters are sectarian.

Hun.
The chant "go home ya huns" was sung by Liverpool fans in the 60s. during European games against German sides.
Possibly also at the European Cup Winners Cup Final at Hampden against B/Dortmund in 1966.

For younger viewers,Hun, as a term of abuse, was the name giving to the Germans during the war.

Basil Fawlty just about got away with it though !!
..or so he thought !

In Scotland it was picked up by Celtic fans who then used it (Hun) as a pet name for rAngers and their "fans"
And so do we !
The word has no religious significance at all.
The original Huns?
Well google it, Some tribe were the Hun !!

So its not sectarian.
It could be termed as racist,most certainly derogatory,if say, sung at Hampden in a game against Germany.

On the word "hun"

Someone at JP press appears to be offended by it.
The comments section in both the Scotsman and EEN wont let you use the word.

liscious_hibs
15-08-2017, 09:47 PM
if your a hibee and you know it, cup your ears!I love this so much

NOLA
16-08-2017, 12:04 AM
It would be typical hibs to beat Der Hun then lose 1-0 against accies. Hopefully not this time 🤞

BigT-Hibeez
16-08-2017, 01:03 AM

I saw a guy at a game once with his dug, when we scored it started doing backflips and barking!!

I said "thats amazing! What does it do when the away team scores?"

Forward somersaults he said

Really? How many somersaults? I asked..

He said.. "Depends how hard I kick it up the arse!!"

I'll get ma coat...

Jack Hackett
16-08-2017, 05:23 AM
I saw a guy at a game once with his dug, when we scored it started doing backflips and barking!!

I said "thats amazing! What does it do when the away team scores?"

Forward somersaults he said

Really? How many somersaults? I asked..

He said.. "Depends how hard I kick it up the arse!!"

I'll get ma coat...

Well done... Made me laugh on the way to work. Not an easy thing to do :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
16-08-2017, 06:25 AM

Brilliant, "Is there WiFi at ER"? we cannae even get a decent tannoy system:greengrin

hahah, Weststandwannab has already replied for me

Lex7zero
16-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Good effort - hopefully down to under 500 tomorrow.

Remember to let the ticket office know if you can't make game so they can free the seat up and the club gets to resell ticket.

Should hopefully sell out by tomorrow night. Ticket sales slowed a bit but still think South will be opened on Friday.
Tickets left
East 224
West 350
North 88

Total 662

erin go bragh
16-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Should hopefully sell out by tomorrow night. Ticket sales slowed a bit but still think South will be opened on Friday.
Tickets left
East 224
West 350
North 88

Total 662

I take it the FF stands are sold out ?
Plenty seats were empty in the FF lowered against PT .

Hibbyradge
16-08-2017, 09:42 AM
I take it the FF stands are sold out ?
Plenty seats were empty in the FF lowered against PT .

The FF is the North.

St Pauli Hibee
16-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Looking a cracking crowd already and we are still 3 days away from the game. On the other hand seen on a Hamilton fans page as of yesterday they have sold a jaw dropping 14 tickets. Oh Dear !!! personally the sooner they get relegated the better

Phil MaGlass
16-08-2017, 10:25 AM
I would move the Hamilton fans to the main stand at no extra cost and open the whole south for Hibs fans walkups.

Since90+2
16-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Surely it cant be right Hamilton have only sold 14 tickets?

Phil MaGlass
16-08-2017, 10:29 AM
were talking 14 seats, not all seats are sold

St Pauli Hibee
16-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Surely it cant be right Hamilton have only sold 14 tickets?

This was taken off of a Accies fan forum, I understand not every fan will use the forum, but with that being said if they bring 100 fans with them that will be an excellent turn out

16-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Surely it cant be right Hamilton have only sold 14 tickets?It's true. He/she must have asked their ticket office how many was sold. Embarrassing https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/b8556929c608b971f4ff4268a9ba518c.jpg

Vini1875
16-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Looking a cracking crowd already and we are still 3 days away from the game. On the other hand seen on a Hamilton fans page as of yesterday they have sold a jaw dropping 14 tickets. Oh Dear !!! personally the sooner they get relegated the better

Not for me. I don't care how many fans they have, they are only 15 minutes down the road for me. I want Ross County relegated.

The way things are going we don't have to worry about away fans. Hibs fans turning up is all I worry about.

CallumLaidlaw
16-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Tickets left
East 224
West 350
North 88

Total 662

Selling at over 30 an hour by the looks of it

East
37 - 5
38 - 6
43 - 3
44 - 19
45 - 171

FF
16 - 19
17 - 4
18 - 7
19 - 2
20 - 14
21 - 10
22 - 5
23 - 2
50 - 3
24 - 3
25 (ss) - 19

West
1 - 130
2 - 6
9 - 83
10 - 105
11 - 2
15 - 12

total left - 630

So I'd say a minimum of 15k sold already. Taking the poor Hamilton support into consideration, upwards of 17k would be superb.

Keith_M
16-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Maybe our Yam Visitors will boost the numbers in the away end.

Anybody know what Hamilton's average home attendance is?

Lancs Harp
16-08-2017, 10:52 AM

Anybody know what Hamilton's average home attendance is?

Last season it was 2,439

16-08-2017, 10:53 AM

Anybody know what Hamilton's average home attendance is?1.5k or something for their home average maybe. And there will more than likely be some of our neighbours in the away end as they are away to castle greyskul and care more about the big team than their own team [emoji4]

Mick O'Rourke
16-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Sadly, in Lanarkshire towns like Hamilton ,its glory hunters.
Celtic or rAngers
I have family in Lanark and Carluke .All Celtic.
A few years ago i was at Hamilton's ground to watch one of my grandsons play in Mixu's Cowdenbeath youth team
I got to Hamilton early(Sunday noon) so decided to look for a pub near hand.
A guy in a Celtic top was walking towards me. I said hi and asked him where the nearest pub was.
"Celtic or rAngers?" he asked
"What, is there nae Accies pubs" i replied with a smile.
He just laughed!
So i finished up in a "Celtic" pub.

Keith_M
16-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Last season it was 2,439

:aok:

As I've stated on here many times, I have the greatest of respect for supporters of Clubs in the Glasgow area that choose their local team over the Ugly Sisters.

Hamilton is a reasonably large town and could have a decent supporter base, were it not for the fact that 90% of the locals support either Celtc or The Rangers.

iwasthere1972
16-08-2017, 10:58 AM
1.5k or something for their home average maybe. And there will more than likely be some of our neighbours in the away end as they are away to castle greyskul and care more about the big team than their own team [emoji4]

46,000 for the entire season and you could probably safely say that half of them were away supporters when you consider that there were visits from the two cheeks of the same erse, the Jambos and Aberdeen.

AspidistraHibs
16-08-2017, 10:59 AM
We're talking about being disappointed if we get less that 17K for a home league game against Hamilton.

Our club has come so far in the last few years :agree:

Mick O'Rourke
16-08-2017, 11:03 AM
1.5k or something for their home average maybe. And there will more than likely be some of our neighbours in the away end as they are away to castle greyskul and care more about the big team than their own team [emoji4]

The not so noisy neighbours!
Aye, on a spying mission for ideas for new songs,and to see what a "full house" really looks like.

They wont need to cup their collective ears when the Hibernian Choir sing ...
"There's only one Neil Lennon!

SirDavidsNapper
16-08-2017, 11:05 AM
The smaller the away support the better for us. Hope 14 is all they bring.

Sean1875
16-08-2017, 11:29 AM
I know they've not got the greatest attendances but they just pumped Dundee 3-0 at the weekend and you'd think we'd like to be one of the bigger draws for away fans to come to now we're back in the top league, especially with the festival on and it due to be quite a nice day on Saturday too..

cabbageandribs1875
16-08-2017, 11:30 AM

i'm sure whoever is in charge of our club finances would totally disagree :wink: anyway, hopefully a decent turnout from our favourite stalkers..

Lancs Harp
16-08-2017, 11:40 AM

Aye as long as all 14 bought 50 pies, 50 pizza slices, 50 bovrils and a couple of dozen match day progs each it would be fine. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
16-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Aye as long as all 14 bought 50 pies(steak), 50 pizza slices, 50 bovrils and a couple of dozen match day progs each it would be fine. :wink:

the pies and bovril sales would only bring in £260, we need them to be a tad hungrier/thirstier :greengrin

Keith_M
16-08-2017, 11:52 AM
With such a large home support for this weekend, I think the away support is academical...

:duck:

mutley
16-08-2017, 12:28 PM
With such a large home support for this weekend, I think the away support is academical...

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh very droll [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Garymcl
16-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Calling all hibbys out there spread the word we have a team worth packing out the San Siro lets do it sell this and many more games out full of the green and white army altogether now there's only one Neil Lennon :flag::flag:

Tornadoes70
16-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Calling all hibbys out there spread the word we have a team worth packing out the San Siro lets do it sell this and many more games out full of the green and white army altogether now there's only one Neil Lennon :flag::flag:

:singing: There's only one Neil Lennnon.

snooky
16-08-2017, 01:02 PM

Yer comin' the ham. :cool2:

seanshow
16-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Looking good :)

erin go bragh
16-08-2017, 03:32 PM
The FF is the North.

👍 Never heard it called that before . The cave , cowshed 😀

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2017, 03:35 PM

Seriously, you have never heard it called the north stand or the Famous Five ............ do you live in a cave and only come out between 3 and 4:50 on a Saturday? :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
16-08-2017, 03:40 PM

What??

Golden Bear
16-08-2017, 03:52 PM
�� Never heard it called that before . The cave , cowshed ��

The auld North is now the upper west. Grumpy Gibby told me.

:stirrer:

Hibbycol
16-08-2017, 03:53 PM
The auld North is now the upper west.

:stirrer:Ha ha remember the auld north stand foot stompers ,great memories .

Topographic Hibby
16-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Ha ha remember the auld north stand foot stompers ,great memories .

Hey!! That's where my old man had his season ticket!! They usually only woke up half way through the 2nd half, with Hibs shooting down the slope. Then started stomping their feet to get the blood flowing!!!

Hibbycol
16-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Hey!! That's where my old man had his season ticket!! They usually only woke up half way through the 2nd half, with Hibs shooting down the slope. Then started stomping their feet to get the blood flowing!!!

:greengrinI remember I was in there for the Tom Hart memorial trophy game against Morton 2-2 in 1982 if my creaky old memory serves lol

Tornadoes70
16-08-2017, 04:04 PM
The auld North is now the upper west. Grumpy Gibby told me.

:stirrer:

The now West Stand used to be split into 5 Sections.

The North Standing Enclosure below the seated North Upper which was known as the North Stand.

The West was the middle part mostly made up of the gentry with the sheepskins and suits.

The South Standing Enclosure was below the seated South Upper. I have many happy memories of being taken to the North Stand upper seated area which was made up of long benches by my dad for a good number of years.

Hibbycol
16-08-2017, 04:06 PM

The North Standing Enclosure below the seated North Upper which was known as the North Stand.

The West was the middle part mostly made up of the gentry with the sheepskins and suits.

The South South Standing Enclosure was below the seated South Upper. I have many happy memories of being taken to the North Stand upper seated area which was long benches by my dad for a good number or years.

:flag:Was good when it was hosing down even though it cost a whole extra pound to sit there lol GGTTH

GreenCastle
16-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Any update on number of seats left?

ACLeith
16-08-2017, 04:24 PM

The South Standing Enclosure was below the seated South Upper. I have many happy memories of being taken to the North Stand upper seated area which was made up of long benches by my dad for a good number of years.

Me too. When my dad had to stop taking me fir family reasons my uncle, who really wasn't interested in football, took me to the north enclosure. Looking back now probably because he couldn't afford the Stand.

Tornadoes70
16-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Was good when it was hosing down even though it cost a whole extra pound to sit there lol GGTTH

When the club put seating into the two enclosures I felt really sorry for the supporters when it hosed down. I don't know if the club used to hire out the yellow macs or they brought their own. At least when it was standing the fans could huddle together a bit.

GGTTH

Earlydelivery
16-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Any update on number of seats left?
Callum be on soon 👍

Tornadoes70
16-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Me too. When my dad had to stop taking me fir family reasons my uncle, who really wasn't interested in football, took me to the north enclosure. Looking back now probably because he couldn't afford the Stand.

It looked to me like it could get a little boisterous from time to time in the standing, it was normally busy in there in the seventies. I moved across to the terracing for a while in the eighties then back to the North.

ACLeith
16-08-2017, 04:35 PM
It looked to me like it could get a little boisterous from time to time in the standing, it was normally busy in there in the seventies. I moved across to the terracing for a while in the eighties then back to the North.

I was talking about early sixties 🙄

Tornadoes70
16-08-2017, 04:38 PM
I was talking about early sixties 🙄

A decade before me then.

ACLeith
16-08-2017, 04:44 PM
A decade before me then.

What's 10 years between friends 😀

Tornadoes70
16-08-2017, 04:50 PM
What's 10 years between friends 😀

Zilch.

hibee-boys
16-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Had my first few season tickets in the old North Stand sitting beside my auld man. Pretty sure we had an Edinburgh MP, Grant Stott's dad and one of the proclaimers sitting around us at one point......its been a few years so memory a bit sketchy!:)

HibsNibs
16-08-2017, 04:54 PM

The upper bit at the cowshed/cave end was also called the 'wing stand'. Maybe the bit at the other end of the centre stand was too. Don't know that as I never went there. :flag:

Topographic Hibby
16-08-2017, 04:58 PM
The upper bit at the cowshed/cave end was also called the 'wing stand'. Maybe the bit at the other end of the centre stand was too. Don't know that as I never went there.
My old man used to call his bit at the North end the "wing stand" funnily enough. :aok:

Tornadoes70
16-08-2017, 05:02 PM
The upper bit at the cowshed/cave end was also called the 'wing stand'. Maybe the bit at the other end of the centre stand was too. Don't know that as I never went there. :flag:

I suppose some might well have referred the North and South sections as the 'wing stands' as they were off the Center section Centre Stand. Personally I knew them as the North and South but certainly can see why some would refer to them as the 'wing stands'.

I always called the 'cave/cowshed' the 'Seated Enclosure' and everyone I knew did so too.

CropleyWasGod
16-08-2017, 05:02 PM

My old man used to call his bit at the North end the "wing stand" funnily enough. :aok:

They were both wing-stands... to differentiate them from the Centre Stand.

Generally, the North bit was the home one, and the South was the away.

ancient hibee
16-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Took my wife to be to the south wing against St.Johnstone.Second back row in front of a lot of aged ones(probably 20 years younger than I am now).Apart from her saying that wasn't too bad as she got up to leave at half time the one that really made them drop their teas was the "if they are forwards who are the backwards?"

tynehibs
16-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Had my first few season tickets in the old North Stand sitting beside my auld man. Pretty sure we had an Edinburgh MP, Grant Stott's dad and one of the proclaimers sitting around us at one point......its been a few years so memory a bit sketchy
!:) martin o' Neil was the mp and I think most of the Morrison & Gibb sc sat there too happy days

Hibbyradge
16-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Took my wife to be to the south wing against St.Johnstone.Second back row in front of a lot of aged ones(probably 20 years younger than I am now).Apart from her saying that wasn't too bad as she got up to leave at half time the one that really made them drop their teas was the "if they are forwards who are the backwards?"

Brilliant :hilarious

GreenCastle
16-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Where is Callum - the expert dot counter?

We need an update! :greengrin

Looks like only end sections of the East and West left if you want to buy together - would guess at 500 max left to sell in all 3 stands.

Sammy7nil
16-08-2017, 06:39 PM

I remember the now west stand being 3 stands called South away fans the centre stand and as others have said the foot stomping north stand.
With the enclosure below.

oneone73
16-08-2017, 06:46 PM
I watched the Tornadoes from the North enclosure. Happy days.

007 Mickey Weir
16-08-2017, 06:50 PM
We are looking for tickets but gonna hold off for better seats to come up. Probably when the South opens. That's if there is room in the south beside the 14 Accies fans.

jgl07
16-08-2017, 09:09 PM

Correction: The middle bit was known as the Centre Stand. I went in it with my son once for a match against Hearts. It was a pain because we were held in for 15 minutes to allow the Hearts Supporters to get away. Those in the North Stand and North Enclosure were allowed to leave without delay.

I later had five season tickets in the North Enclosure for the whole family. It could be a problem being right behind the visiting dugout if the inhabitants insisted on standing. The only way to see was to stand which led to us being asked to sit down by officious stewards.

We used to reply 'get them to sit down and so will we'. They rarely did! The worst offender was Alex McLeish when managing Motherwell. He was especially grumpy when Kevin Harper, who was 10 yards onside, skinned the Well defence and set up a clincher for Hibs. McLeish moaned long and loud about offside but the goal rightly stood. I don't think he ever forgave Harper for that goal and never really played him when he was Hibs manager.

16-08-2017, 09:10 PM
This has became about what out stands are called. Come on where's the dot count lads

Tornadoes70
16-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Correction: The middle bit was known as the Centre Stand. I went in it with my son once for a match against Hearts. It was a pain because we were held in for 15 minutes to allow the Hearts Supporters to get away. Those in the North Stand and North Enclosure were allowed to leave without delay.

I later had five season tickets in the North Enclosure for the whole family. It could be a problem being right behind the visiting dugout if the inhabitants insisted on standing. The only way to see was to stand which led to us being asked to sit down by officious stewards.

We used to reply 'get them to sit down and so will we'. They rarely did! The worst offender was Alex McLeish when managing Motherwell. He was especially grumpy when Kevin Harper, who was 10 yards onside, skinned the Well defence and set up a clincher for Hibs. McLeish moaned long and loud about offside but the goal rightly stood. I don't think he ever forgave Harper for that goal and never really played him when he was Hibs manager.

If you look at post 205 you'll see I correctly said the Centre Stand. I mistakenly said West in the one you refer to. Well spotted though.

:top marks

jgl07
16-08-2017, 09:25 PM
This has became about what out stands are called. Come on where's the dot count lads

If you are that concerned please do a count and enlighten us all.

Hibbyradge
16-08-2017, 10:09 PM

Your lack of punctuation has left me rather discombobulated.

Is your last sentence a question?

If so, are you enquiring as to the whereabouts of the lads who have been responsible for providing us with dot counts, or are you asking the lads for the whereabouts of the current dot count?

Or maybe something altogether different?

Do tell old boy.

16-08-2017, 10:13 PM
If you are that concerned please do a count and enlighten us all.Can't on my phone otherwise I would.

GreenCastle
16-08-2017, 10:26 PM
West Stand - 261 - single seats except Section 9,1 & 10
Famous Five - 67 - all single seats - (only 9 singles left for singing section so be quick!)
East Stand - 152 - singles but Sec 45 has seats together

Total remaining - 480

Let's get friends and family etc along and fill the place!! :aok:

hibeedonald
17-08-2017, 06:37 AM
Hopefully the FF is a lot more full this weekend. Huge spaces at the Partick game considering it was sold out

green day
17-08-2017, 06:52 AM
Hopefully the FF is a lot more full this weekend. Huge spaces at the Partick game considering it was sold out

Schools holidays are over for most, so it will be.

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2017, 06:53 AM

I'm partly responsible. I have a clutch of ST's there but rarely attend games. I refuse to release the seats to the club as i dislike the thought of plebs sitting in facilities I use and have paid for. Maybe rather 'old school' Thatcherite in those trendy 'sharing economy' days, but im too long in the tooth to change now!

Stuart93
17-08-2017, 07:08 AM
I'm partly responsible. I have a clutch of ST's there but rarely attend games. I refuse to release the seats to the club as i dislike the thought of plebs sitting in facilities I use and have paid for. Maybe rather 'old school' Thatcherite in those trendy 'sharing economy' days, but im too long in the tooth to change now!

Really? So instead of seeing Easter road full you'd rather your seats remained empty because of the thought of plebs sitting in facilities you use and have paid for? wow.

jodjam
17-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Really? So instead of seeing Easter road full you'd rather your seats remained empty because of the thought of plebs sitting in facilities you use and have paid for? wow.

You were reeled in there Stuart

17-08-2017, 07:11 AM
I'm partly responsible. I have a clutch of ST's there but rarely attend games. I refuse to release the seats to the club as i dislike the thought of plebs sitting in facilities I use and have paid for. Maybe rather 'old school' Thatcherite in those trendy 'sharing economy' days, but im too long in the tooth to change now!That is just...wow. the people sitting there will have paid too ye think the club go ah sure he's released his seats we will pick a random scruff off the street n let him in for free. Think the west stand is for you my friend.

Salt N Sauzee
17-08-2017, 07:16 AM

That is just...wow. the people sitting there will have paid too ye think the club go ah sure he's released his seats we will pick a random scruff off the street n let him in for free. Think the west stand is for you my friend.

:fishin::fishin:

KazHibby
17-08-2017, 07:19 AM
That is just...wow. the people sitting there will have paid too ye think the club go ah sure he's released his seats we will pick a random scruff off the street n let him in for free. Think the west stand is for you my friend.

that'll be No. 2!

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2017, 07:21 AM

Exactly!

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2017, 07:23 AM

Yes. I prefer the West. I also have a number of seats there and tend to mix it up.

hibbysam
17-08-2017, 07:33 AM

I love getting the cheap £25 kids tickets so that I can guarantee myself an extra 4 cup final tickets, and upgrade the big games for minimal amounts.

allezsauzee
17-08-2017, 07:45 AM

Quite right old chap, that's why i had to buy a ticket for the Petrofac cup final so that one of those hun fellas wasn't sitting in my seat

Hibbyradge
17-08-2017, 08:02 AM

http://www.comicbookfx.com/images/34-9.jpg

Hibbyradge
17-08-2017, 08:06 AM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/654/097/bd3.jpg

hibee_nation
17-08-2017, 08:07 AM
The entrance to the old main stand north end was like the scene explaining the british class system with pete and dudley and ronnie barker. You had 3 gates from left reading enclosure, wing stand, center stand. You knew yer place back then :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2017, 08:08 AM
I love getting the cheap £25 kids tickets so that I can guarantee myself an extra 4 cup final tickets, and upgrade the big games for minimal amounts.

I'm particularly fond of slamming on my bunnet and muffler on match-days, and shuffling off to ER with my old man's walking-stick. I love the fact that I can scam my way in with my dodgy OAP ST, whilst all the losers round about me have paid full price.

GIRUY Petrie.

Cabbage East
17-08-2017, 08:09 AM

Similar for me. Do you know if you email the club they will instruct the stewards to actively monitor the seats and evict any 'squatters'? I'm told they police the seats rigorously.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2017, 08:17 AM
I'm particularly fond of slamming on my bunnet and muffler on match-days, and shuffling off to ER with my old man's walking-stick. I love the fact that I can scam my way in with my dodgy OAP ST, whilst all the losers round about me have paid full price.

GIRUY Petrie.

I like your style.

Personally, I put on a pair of round, John Lennon type specs, and a long, multi coloured scarf, adopt a disinterested yet superior look, and trick my way past the incompetent stewards using my student ST.

I nearly got caught once when I forgot to look tired and washed out, but my quick thinking retrieved the situation when I loudly exclaimed, "Wow, man, triple espressos and red bull. What a buzz!"

Keith_M
17-08-2017, 08:18 AM

GIRUY Petrie.

Similar for me. Do you know if you email the club they will instruct the stewards to actively monitor the seats and evict any 'squatters'? I'm told they police the seats rigorously.

It's people like you that are bringing this once proud nation to its knees!

Thank god for Brexit, so we can bring back the good old days where everybody was decent and honest, milk bottles had little silver foil tops on and Cucumbers were allowed to be curvy.

:grr:

Now where did I put my Student Season Ticket and fake Matriculation Card...

Hibs1969
17-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Feeling mischievous today?

mutley
17-08-2017, 08:31 AM
I find that by wearing grey flannel short trousers, white shirt, school tie, jumper, a grey school blazer, and a school cap, and lick on an oversized lollipop , I can The get away with a child's season ticket

Keith_M
17-08-2017, 08:33 AM
I find that by wearing grey flannel short trousers, white shirt, school tie, jumper, a grey school blazer, and a school cap, and lick on an oversized lollipop , I can get away with a child's season ticket

Do you sneak up behind them in disguise and just nick it off them?

I get lots of sweets and lollies that way... and the occasional Smartphone.

SirDavidsNapper
17-08-2017, 08:33 AM
This team deserve a big support

Keith_M
17-08-2017, 08:35 AM
This team deserve a big support

Well I'm 6' tall....

FilipinoHibs
17-08-2017, 08:37 AM
You were reeled in there Stuart

Yep😁

Hibbycol
17-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Really? So instead of seeing Easter road full you'd rather your seats remained empty because of the thought of plebs sitting in facilities you use and have paid for? wow.Those PLEBS being your fellow hibbys !!!

Hibbycol
17-08-2017, 09:18 AM
I like your style.

Personally, I put on a pair of round, John Lennon type specs, and a long, multi coloured scarf, adopt a disinterested yet superior look, and trick my way past the incompetent stewards using my student ST.

I nearly got caught once when I forgot to look tired and washed out, but my quick thinking retrieved the situation when I loudly exclaimed, "Wow, man, triple espressos and red bull. What a buzz!"Or your really Harry potter tricking you way past the stewards wearing your invisibility cloak [emoji16]

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Those PLEBS being your fellow hibbys !!!

....most of whom have a sense of humour. :greengrin

Hibbycol
17-08-2017, 09:23 AM
....most of whom have a sense of humour. :greengrin[emoji16]

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Those PLEBS being your fellow hibbys !!!

You sound like the sort of chap who neglects to shave before going downstairs to the breakfast table.

Yes. THAT sort of chap.