PDA

View Full Version : Goals

Ozyhibby
12-08-2017, 04:56 PM
We are currently averaging 3.42 goals per game this season. Amazing difference from last 5 season. Let's hope we can keep it up. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
12-08-2017, 04:58 PM
We are currently averaging 3.42 goals per game this season. Amazing difference from last 5 season. Let's hope we can keep it up. [emoji3]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never seen a 0.42 goal yet but I look forward to the occasion :greengrin

--------
12-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Never seen a 0.42 goal yet but I look forward to the occasion :greengrin

Auld fitba folk that mind o 'goal average' ken whit it means.

0.42 of a goal was what Hearts failed to score in 1965 that meant they lost the championship to Killie by a few wee decimals on goal average.

On the last day of the season, strangely enough. You ever heard of that sort of thing happening since?

Nakedmanoncrack
12-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Scoring loads, yet how many chances were missed in.that second half?? Should be loads more to come.

snooky
12-08-2017, 08:24 PM

0,42 of a goal was what Hearts failed to score in 1965 that meant they lost the championship to Killie by a few wee decimals on goal average.

On the last day of the season, strangely enough. You ever heard of that sort of thing happening since?

Spot on, Doddie. That was the last time I saw a 0.42 goal. A blinder it was too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93_7Gz5FTQ

Scott Allan Key
12-08-2017, 08:39 PM

0.42 of a goal was what Hearts failed to score in 1965 that meant they lost the championship to Killie by a few wee decimals on goal average.

Losing 2-0 AND losing the championship in the last league game. Lucky for Hearts lightning doesn't strike twice.

snooky
12-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Losing 2-0 AND losing the championship in the last league game. Lucky for Hearts lightning doesn't strike twice.

Twice? That would kill off any team surely.

brog
12-08-2017, 10:01 PM

I was at the game with King Pat. The beauty is that a few weeks earlier Dundee had won 7-1 at Tyne. If Yams had held them to a mere 7-2 then they, Yams would have won the league. I believe there was another occasion when Dundee played a part in Yams losing the league on goal difference/average but I find that hard to believe.