PDA

View Full Version : Beaton

snooky
12-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Despite all I said before the match about him being bias, I doff my hat to him tonight for a reasonably good performance and for the bravery shown in sending of Jack.
Hope this helps in some way, John ... http://www.crsmith.co.uk/windows/?gclid=CL6d1KqI0tUCFde6GwodwbMGSQ

hfc rd
12-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Thought he done really well today. I really had my doubts as thought with him being a Hun, he'd ensure Sevco won but proved me wrong!

pedroorange1875
12-08-2017, 04:17 PM
It's says it all about the standard when a guy in the main, refs they way it should be done, yet gets praised

hibsbollah
12-08-2017, 04:19 PM
It's says it all about the standard when a guy in the main, refs they way it should be done, yet gets praised

He gave the huns a red card at Ibrox FFS! I think we're entitled to be pleased.

snooky
12-08-2017, 04:19 PM

Exactly and that's why I said "reasonably" as his performance was what we should 'reasonably' expect by every ref, every game.

pedroorange1875
12-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Exactly and that's why I said "reasonably" as his performance was what we should 'reasonably' expect by every ref, every game.

Yup.. not a go at your post as I said it says it all that it should be a pleasant surprise he reffed it ok...it should always be the norm

Don't know what happened there I think I pressed the report post button..dont worry if you get a message

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Cue the death threats

Huns on my social media pages are fuming at him. Stream went a bit funny when Stokesy was involved in that altercation but what I did see, he could have seen red

bringbackbenny
12-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Cue the death threats

Huns on my social media pages are fuming at him. Stream went a bit funny when Stokesy was involved in that altercation but what I did see, he could have seen red

I agree, it would have been very easy for the ref to have given a red. Nice to see us benefiting for a change!

snooky
12-08-2017, 04:38 PM
I agree, it would have been very easy for the ref to have given a red. Nice to see us benefiting for a change!

:agree: I'll cherish the moment because they are few and far between especially when the OF are involved.

Scottie
12-08-2017, 04:44 PM
The presence of Neil Lennon standing on the touchline will ensure we get our fair share of decision's from now on. :agree:

Velma Dinkley
12-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Dorrans committed the first red card offence during the sending off stramash, grabbing the Hibs player by the neck.

Pete
12-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Any word on what the sending off was for?

Was it just for the push or was there something said?

:dunno:

lord bunberry
12-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Let's be honest it was never a red card in a million years.
Let's just let that fact wash over us. The goalposts have been moved and the tribute act aren't the force that the previous incarnation was. It will be hard for them and their media pals to accept, but that's the reality.
It's our time now.

penihibs
12-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Let's be honest it was never a red card in a million years.
Let's just let that fact wash over us. The goalposts have been moved and the tribute act aren't the force that the previous incarnation was. It will be hard for them and their media pals to accept, but that's the reality.
It's our time now.

It will be rescinded like Bartley's
But it changed the game.
It's about time a ref stood up to them whatever happens carmas a bitch.

weecounty hibby
12-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Maybe the red was for something else. Stokes was raging about something and I can't believe it was the pull on Dylan. Anyhow who cares how many times have we seen decisions go for the Huns like that? GIRFUY Huns.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2017, 06:52 PM

I'm sure there was a head butt/attempted head butt. Jack done something just as the handbags was calming down and Stevenson immediately ran towards the linesman waving his arms. The linesman waved him away and pointed to his earpiece as if to say he had spoke to Beaton. Beaton then looked over and the linesman pointed Jack out to him.

SingaporeHibs
12-08-2017, 07:10 PM
I think today puts any thought that he is a bias ref to bed. Turns out that he is just as useless as the rest of them. Stokes could easily have gone early in the game and despite only getting a yellow he then got back involved during the Jack red card which again could have seen him pick up another yellow. Lucky. Unless something happened that I didn't see, Jack was unlucky to get a red. Outside that, there were several other situations that'Rangers players could have had 2nd yellows but they got away with it. All in, just another terrible ref.

tamig
12-08-2017, 07:12 PM
As fine a refereeing performance as you're likely to see on these shores. Hats off to Mr Beaton.

Famous Fiver
12-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Suggested on another thread that perhaps Jack was less than complimentary in addressing Mr Stokes heritage.

snooky
12-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Suggested on another thread that perhaps Jack was less than complimentary in addressing Mr Stokes heritage.

I heard or read somewhere that Jack spat on Stokes. If that was the case, it explains why he had to walk.

LaMotta
12-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Beaton is a terrible ref, one of the worst.

He has had some shocking decisions against us so about time things evened themselves out.

Velma Dinkley
12-08-2017, 09:41 PM

McGreggor said Jack pressed his head against Stokes napper.

cleanyman
12-08-2017, 09:43 PM
John Beaton was shocking today.

I can't remember a game where Hibs got nearly all of the 50-50 calls but it happened today

No doubt Dylan should have been sent off

LaMotta
12-08-2017, 09:46 PM
John Beaton was shocking today.

I can't remember a game where Hibs for nearly all of the 50-50 calls but it happened today

No doubt Dylan should have been sent off
:agree:

Velma Dinkley
12-08-2017, 09:47 PM
What did Dylan do?

lord bunberry
12-08-2017, 09:47 PM
It's interesting that people are saying that he was sent off for a head butt. I didn't see that on the tv, but it would explain why he was sent off. He wasn't even involved in the initial challenge that stopped the game, and Stokes was raging at something.

w pilton hibby
12-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Would appear Dorrans was lucky too!

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/120817-Rangers-v-Hibs/G0000VYX0bjnx8bA/I00002KdfYCiwQJ4/C00003dgdcivxA28