PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Guests today

HNA8
12-08-2017, 10:00 AM
We're expecting the boards to be pretty busy later today so with this in mind the admin group have made the decision to lock out guests from 1pm (ish).

We thought it was only fair to make you aware of our decision to give anyone who isn't registered plenty time :aok:

JohnMcM
12-08-2017, 10:11 AM
This seems to be a wise decision.

Thecat23
12-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Good decision. 👍🏼

Aldo
12-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Good and very wise decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
12-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Good shout from the admins. Putting Hibs. Net members first[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Depending on the feedback this may be something that should be done as routine.

matty_f
12-08-2017, 11:44 AM

We do it fairly regularly on away games when we're busier than usual.

It does load to some folk saying we are censoring the site, but it's purely to keep the site up and running for as many users as possible. All the posts are still there when we open the doors again.

hibee_girl
12-08-2017, 12:04 PM

We don't do it as routine as some weeks there's no need for it. Today we're expecting it to be a lot busier than most away games which is why we took that decision.

We'll review it as the season goes on.

High-On-Hibs
12-08-2017, 12:07 PM
I suspect we'll be reopening the forums to everyone, just as keechback closes theirs to everyone around 4:45. :wink:

sonofats
12-08-2017, 12:13 PM
We're expecting the boards to be pretty busy later today so with this in mind the admin group have made the decision to lock out guests from 1pm (ish).

We thought it was only fair to make you aware of our decision to give anyone who isn't registered plenty time :aok:

Thanks for the warning, been a guest for years but just registered
GGTTH [emoji1184]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
12-08-2017, 12:51 PM
We do it fairly regularly on away games when we're busier than usual.

It does load to some folk saying we are censoring the site, but it's purely to keep the site up and running for as many users as possible. All the posts are still there when we open the doors again.

I don't really get the accusation of censoring site when we have such a large number of members to Hibs.net. Anyone who genuinely has an interest will surely be members, and for match days where there is limited coverage it's a no brainier for me. Mind, you guys run the site so will know a hell of a lot more about how these things work :greengrin

Firestarter
12-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Is this pm members only or do us ruffains still get in?

HNA4
12-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Is this pm members only or do us ruffains still get in?

All registered users unless it gets really busy.