PDA

View Full Version : Hype Hype Hype

Stantons Angel
12-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Who like me are so fed up with this obsession with hyping up this game?

We have post after post on here filled with what the poster is going to do to the Rangers supporters who get in their way today.

then we have pages and pages of bile and hatred over on their side, threats of violence too numerous to mention. Language that Ive never seen in print before

decent supporters not getting tickets due to some just wanting to go along and noise up the Rangers fans.

Then when the club issues a statement on safety at this game there are posts saying its too strong.

This is supposed to be a game of football and these morons have turned it into a game of sheer hatred and threats of violence. Many parents wont let their young Hibs supporting teenage kids attend the game due to the fear factor.

What gets me is that we are always kept behind "for our own safety" if they (Rangers FC) are concerned about the safety of visiting fans why don't they do anything about it??

They keep spouting on about how we should behave and when we are there the majority of the stewards/police are facing us, watching us like hawks and pretend nothing is happening behind their backs.

It should be interesting if not worrying just what the mindless ones have in store for us from the flyovers connecting our path to the motorway. I hope they will have the savvy to have a car on each one "just in case".

Its a top game today and I hope Hibs win and the game goes off incident free and FOOTBALL wins the day!

Stay safe folks.

Eyrie
12-08-2017, 09:47 AM
I've ignored most of the threads about going to Ibrox because of the "hype".

It's a game of football. There are far more important things in the lives of those attending, if only they would stop and think.

WHAM
12-08-2017, 09:55 AM
What statement from the club? I haven't seen anything official except advising people to use the away car park free of charge.

I take it you mean the unofficial statement put up on the Hibs Retro page? Which to be honest I don't think helps at all. It just allows all the keyboard rockets to start posting rubbish underneath it.

Today will be fine. There will be a heavier police presence than normal due to events at the cup final.

Looking forward to getting there, standing tall and backing the team 🇳🇬

WeeRussell
12-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Where are the posts on here of people saying what they are going to "do" to rangers fans?

I may well have missed them, but if you're simply referring to people planning on giving the cup final songs laldy and creating a bouncing atmosphere against the horrible ***** our counterparts will be coming out with... I am in full support of it.

A Hi-Bee
12-08-2017, 11:20 AM
I've ignored most of the threads about going to Ibrox because of the "hype".

It's a game of football. There are far more important things in the lives of those attending, if only they would stop and think.

Agree but we are not dealing with any logic here in regard to the hun, it is difficult to stop and think if you are on your own and a horde of the hun are running you down, but I agree with your logic.
Hype in whatever form sells games and newspapers the Glesgie media do not give a monkeys as to what may be the outcome of the "false news" they print. Fact is the worse it gets the more they can sell. What a way to earn a living eh!

Hope it is football that wins today but been around too long to think this may be the case. I would even say that I hope we have 11 players on the pitch at the end of this toxic game today. Just my humble opinion of course.

emerald green
12-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Very sensible words from Neil Lennon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40901195

The_Todd
12-08-2017, 01:32 PM
I haven't see any threads of the sort on here. Not a single one.