PDA

View Full Version : DVD's - Extra Time For Heroes/Hibernian Reborn

California-Hibs
10-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Wow, just....wow. Sat down and watched both of them this week and they are superb! The 'Time for Heroes' is absolutely incredible but these 2 additional DVDs are also superb. Lennon's insights in Hibernian Reborn are fascinating and very uplifting and all the extra interviews etc in Extra Time For Heroes is hair on the back of the neck stuff just like the main DVD.

Any Hibee who doesn't have this double disk feature should get down to the shop pronto and purchase it!!

18Hibee75
10-08-2017, 11:03 PM
How much is the hibernian reborn DVD? Seen a wee trailer of it and looked superb.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

mutley
10-08-2017, 11:10 PM
I watched them back to back, absolutely superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scott Allan Key
10-08-2017, 11:26 PM
How much is the hibernian reborn DVD? Seen a wee trailer of it and looked superb.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

It's £23, plus £6 postage if you order online. Quite fancy it. I've still not watched my Time for Heroes DVD.

IanM
11-08-2017, 05:57 AM
It's £23, plus £6 postage if you order online. Quite fancy it. I've still not watched my Time for Heroes DVD.

Is there a reason why? Curious as it's every hibs fans chance to relive their own moment in history

Jones28
11-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Can you buy Reborn separately or do they come together?

Pedantic_Hibee
11-08-2017, 06:30 AM
I've watched Time For Heroes Disc 1 twice now but in terms of Disc 2, it's never left the box.

Funny thing is, I've never watched the game back in full which is surprising as I can't remember much of the game itself at Hampden, it feels like a blur. A combination of drink and nerves has given me a hazy memory of the 90 minutes.

Obviously I've pored over the YouTube reels of the goals and Sunshine on Leith at the end (I'm still annoyed at that as I normally belt it out with gusto but I'd shouted that much during the game that I'd practically lost my voice by the final whistle).

Unless I'm at a complete loose end one day and it takes my fancy, I very much doubt I'll ever sit back and replay the full game. The memories I have, as blurred as they are, are more than enough to brighten up even the darkest day.

Disc 1 was fantastic however, one of the best things I've ever watched.

Just Jimmy
11-08-2017, 07:28 AM
I've watched Time For Heroes Disc 1 twice now but in terms of Disc 2, it's never left the box.

Funny thing is, I've never watched the game back in full which is surprising as I can't remember much of the game itself at Hampden, it feels like a blur. A combination of drink and nerves has given me a hazy memory of the 90 minutes.

Obviously I've pored over the YouTube reels of the goals and Sunshine on Leith at the end (I'm still annoyed at that as I normally belt it out with gusto but I'd shouted that much during the game that I'd practically lost my voice by the final whistle).

Unless I'm at a complete loose end one day and it takes my fancy, I very much doubt I'll ever sit back and replay the full game. The memories I have, as blurred as they are, are more than enough to brighten up even the darkest day.

Disc 1 was fantastic however, one of the best things I've ever watched.Exactly the same for me. Except I was able to add to the crescendo.

I felt reborn was a bit weak tbh. It was sold as the story of our rebuild from going down to coming up back and it came across as a season review. I wanted a bit more history of all three seasons. Lennon is interesting and Leeann and GC add stuff but that apart it's just clips of the goals from last season. Maybe I'm just missing it?

Still. Hibs dvds are hibs dvds and I'd have paid the cash to watch the hearts highlights alone.

TFH is epic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oscar T Grouch
11-08-2017, 07:34 AM
I bought it this week, I've watched Reborn and loved it. Keeping Extra time for heroes for the weekend after we beat sevco, you know, to make it a perfect weekend 😉

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-08-2017, 07:54 AM

Disc 1 was fantastic however, one of the best things I've ever watched.

I watched the full match from disk 2 at 3PM on May 21st 2017. What an amazingend to end match it actually was. It may be because I’m biased but there canthave been many better finals anywhere in the last 10 years? Quality ofplayers is better in champs league etcbut for end to end nail biting action it had everything bar a rangers pen and ahibs red card. Well done Steven Mclean. I feel he should have been given one ofour medals for officiating the game with no biase!

As for the the new DVD, its phenomenal. Not watched disk 2yet but Hibernian Reborn is excellent. The wee story about Cumdog is fantastic.So much love and appreciation for everyone involved at Hibernian FC these days

Scott Allan Key
11-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Is there a reason why? Curious as it's every hibs fans chance to relive their own moment in history

Yes, amongst all the emotion, my wife went into labour on the 22nd. I was at the game but was well aware she was overdue, no time to celebrate, no parade. If things had gone swimmingly for us I'd be different but she was fighting for her life after a massive internal haemorrhage immediately after her caesarean. I was on tenterhooks for that whole week, caring for her as she came out of intensive care and over a year later, we're still facing complications. It is simply the aftermath of the triumph reminds me of the difficulties we went through. Triumph and trauma are a difficult pairing.

We had a lovely baby boy, so alls well that will end well.

Nameless
11-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Do they still have any copies of Time For Hero's left in the club shop?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Nitten Hibee
11-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Do they still have any copies of Time For Hero's left in the club shop?

I was in today and time for hero's was in the window so would think so 👍🏻

Nameless
11-08-2017, 06:15 PM
I was in today and time for hero's was in the window so would think so [emoji1303]Nice one, thank you.

ano hibby
17-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Watched both DVDs last 2 nights.
Both very good but felt Reborn was best mainly due to the insights into NL & his style of management. Been said many times but he has changed the mentality of our club for the better.
Very happy to recommend the DVD.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Just watched both discs one after another, excellent stuff. :flag:

DarlingtonHibee
14-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Got my dvd yesterday watched the last seasons dvd, brilliant and a bargain for a tenner

Nakedmanoncrack
14-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Got my dvd yesterday watched the last seasons dvd, brilliant and a bargain for a tenner

An absolute steal.:agree:

Greentinted
14-03-2018, 10:26 AM
Bought mine the other week, turned phones off, shut curtains and watched The Match first, then Time for Heroes, Extra Time then Reborn.
Doesn’t get much better than that...

SirDavidsNapper
14-03-2018, 12:00 PM
The start of the piano playing Glory Glory on Time For Heroes at SDG's goal is so moving. Can barely watch it without greeting like a 6 year old girl. Brilliant production.

DarlingtonHibee
15-03-2018, 11:11 AM
I got my dvd yesterday... Bloody hell crying like a bairn. I would recommend you buy because will be gold dust soon.

EH54
15-03-2018, 11:30 AM
Not seen it yet will need to buy it though now after reading this thread

Onceinawhile
15-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Wasn't that impressed with Hibernian reborn tbh. Wasn't a patch on time for heroes.

Yet to watch extra time for heroes though.

Onceinawhile
16-03-2018, 11:57 PM
Wasn't that impressed with Hibernian reborn tbh. Wasn't a patch on time for heroes.

Yet to watch extra time for heroes though.

Having just watched etfh. I would say it's definitely worth at least a tenner. Etfh is a cracking watch.

hibsbollah
12-06-2018, 07:59 PM
I've just watched Time for Heroes for the first time.

I haven't gone through as much andrex with the curtains closed since the early eighties when I discovered scud mags. Greeting like a bairn at the start, at the middle and periodically throughout.

I support the best team in the world.

Stevie Reid
12-06-2018, 08:03 PM

I haven't gone through as much andrex with the curtains closed since the early eighties when I discovered scud mags. Greeting like a bairn at the start, at the middle and periodically throughout.

I still haven't seen it. Don't have a DVD player and the one on my laptop is broken.

Will need to acquire myself a basic player and watch this. I was there on the day but it sounds (and obviously will be) an awesome experience to watch it the whole campaign back again.

Hibbyradge
12-06-2018, 08:40 PM

It took me ages to build up the courage to watch it. I was in bits and I haven't watched it again since.

I avoid nost of the clips posted on here too because it's so emotional.

Billy Whizz
12-06-2018, 08:53 PM
It took me ages to build up the courage to watch it. I was in bits and I haven't watched it again since.

I still haven’t watched it since the cinema showing at Ocean Terminal
Just waiting for the appropriate moment

Pedantic_Hibee
13-06-2018, 05:14 AM
Still not watched the full 90 minutes. DVD in the drawer. Not sure if I ever will watch it, even if my memory of the actual match is hazy at best.

BILLYHIBS
13-06-2018, 06:17 AM
Yes, amongst all the emotion, my wife went into labour on the 22nd. I was at the game but was well aware she was overdue, no time to celebrate, no parade. If things had gone swimmingly for us I'd be different but she was fighting for her life after a massive internal haemorrhage immediately after her caesarean. I was on tenterhooks for that whole week, caring for her as she came out of intensive care and over a year later, we're still facing complications. It is simply the aftermath of the triumph reminds me of the difficulties we went through. Triumph and trauma are a difficult pairing.

We had a lovely baby boy, so alls well that will end well.
This puts things into perspective -glad she made it.
It just goes to show Bill Shankly was wrong there are more important things.
God bless you and all your family I hope your wife goes on to make a full recovery.

GGTTH

BILLYHIBS
13-06-2018, 06:19 AM
Bought mine the other week, turned phones off, shut curtains and watched The Match first, then Time for Heroes, Extra Time then Reborn.
Doesn’t get much better than that...
Did you greet like a bairn ?

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2018, 06:35 AM
I still haven't seen it. Don't have a DVD player and the one on my laptop is broken.

Will need to acquire myself a basic player and watch this. I was there on the day but it sounds (and obviously will be) an awesome experience to watch it the whole campaign back again.

You can rip it to a memory stick, then put it into your telly using one of the USB ports and watch it that way, i dont have a dvd player either. :aok:

calumhibee1
13-06-2018, 06:54 AM
I can’t believe some people have managed to avoid watching it. Best dvd I’ve ever seen by a mile.

BILLYHIBS
13-06-2018, 07:22 AM
I know lots of hibbies sadly no longer with us who would love to be able to watch that DVD. In fact viewing it now they would find it surreal, a fantasy a Hollywood blockbuster a team from a lower league against all odds after a 114 year wait rises from the ashes to beat all comers to lift the Holy Grail.They would not believe what they were seeing with their own eyes. What took you so long HIBS ?

Indeed, that historic night I asked both my sons one 25 and one 20 if they ever thought their old man would live long enough to see HIBS lift the Scottish Cup they looked at each other smiled and both simultaneously said....No!

GGTTH

One Day Soon
13-06-2018, 07:41 AM

I got Time for Heroes as soon as it came out - it's still in the original plastic wrapping, unwatched.

That day was such an enormous emotional event for me that just sitting down to watch it and all about it on a dvd seems a thing not to be done lightly or carelessly.

I was welling up just from reading some of the posts on this thread - watching any actual footage is always a tearful event - so I'd imagine that watching the dvd would be quite draining. I want to watch, I do, but I don't quite know when or how to.

It's one of the most romantic stories there is.

Scott Allan Key
13-06-2018, 09:33 PM
This puts things into perspective -glad she made it.
It just goes to show Bill Shankly was wrong there are more important things.
God bless you and all your family I hope your wife goes on to make a full recovery.

GGTTH

That’s very kind of you. Blessings to all of your loved ones. It’s tough following Hibs, but we can appreciate that miracles do happen when we are least expecting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
13-06-2018, 10:24 PM
I got Time for Heroes as soon as it came out - it's still in the original plastic wrapping, unwatched.

That day was such an enormous emotional event for me that just sitting down to watch it and all about it on a dvd seems a thing not to be done lightly or carelessly.

I was welling up just from reading some of the posts on this thread - watching any actual footage is always a tearful event - so I'd imagine that watching the dvd would be quite draining. I want to watch, I do, but I don't quite know when or how to.

I know exactly what you mean.

However, it's worth steeling yourself for it.

Has anyone else ever found a need for a box of tissues when watching a video?

CL0762
13-06-2018, 10:43 PM
GGTTH on the piano at the start sets me off every time.

JeMeSouviens
14-06-2018, 09:05 AM

Seriously?

Watch it now - take the day off, call in sick, whatever, and go and watch it. Quite apart from the fact that the subject matter is the best thing ever, it's a magnificent piece of film making.

JimBHibees
14-06-2018, 12:20 PM
Seriously?

Watch it now - take the day off, call in sick, whatever, and go and watch it. Quite apart from the fact that the subject matter is the best thing ever, it's a magnificent piece of film making.

Agreed really professional and done brilliantly.