PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV abroad for game on Saturday

RamYer1902
09-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Sadly, I'm in Tenerife this Saturday for the Huns game. I've got a UK Hibs TV membership but will this work over here for Saturday? Tried to watch game last night but could only get audio. Failing that, anyone know any bars in Tenerife that will be Hibs occupied and showing the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
09-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Sadly, I'm in Tenerife this Saturday for the Huns game. I've got a UK Hibs TV membership but will this work over here for Saturday? Tried to watch game last night but could only get audio. Failing that, anyone know any bars in Tenerife that will be Hibs occupied and showing the game?

Were you trying to watch with 3/4G or wifi? You need to be wifi now abroad due to the EU tariff changes apparently. Know of several who have falllen foul to this.

RamYer1902
09-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Were you trying to watch with 3/4G or wifi? You need to be wifi now abroad due to the EU tariff changes apparently. Know of several who have falllen foul to this.

I was using 4G, that'll be the problem! Just in case, does anyone know of any bars in Tenerife anyway?

jgl07
09-08-2017, 01:20 PM
What changes? Someone is pulling your plonker?

The only changes I have found this year is that no roaming charges apply for 3G and 4G unlike previous holidays. I have been in Spain and France for the last three weeks and have had no problem.

SteveHFC
09-08-2017, 01:23 PM
I was using 4G, that'll be the problem! Just in case, does anyone know of any bars in Tenerife anyway?

what part of Tenerife?
was there a couple of weeks back btsport worked fine via the app on phone however skygo didn't which suggest some apps recognize you are out of country (skygo) while others (btsport) thought I was in uk.
Don't think hibs tv will show live video for this one

RamYer1902
09-08-2017, 02:40 PM
For anyone interested, we found a Scottish bar called jags bar who are showing game live on Saturday. It's round the corner from the H10 Las Palmeras hotel.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2017, 02:44 PM
For anyone interested, we found a Scottish bar called jags bar who are showing game live on Saturday. It's round the corner from the H10 Las Palmeras hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJags

The Jags bar is down from the Dubliner on the patch, good wee boozer, does a nice breakfast. :top marks

jst1875
09-08-2017, 02:48 PM

if it's definitely on in jags bar I will be there

RamYer1902
09-08-2017, 03:07 PM
if it's definitely on in jags bar I will be there

We walked past earlier and it had rangers vs. Hibs 3pm on Saturday. We were even gonna have a nosey up at the Ibrox bar which shows all their games if we couldn't get anywhere else but jags bar it is.

andybev1
09-08-2017, 03:35 PM
would it be possible to watch the game through Hola if you had a hibs tv membership - I was talking about this yesterday on FB and someone told me they did this but I though you might need to register you membership as being abroad first?

jst1875
09-08-2017, 03:35 PM
We walked past earlier and it had rangers vs. Hibs 3pm on Saturday. We were even gonna have a nosey up at the Ibrox bar which shows all their games if we couldn't get anywhere else but jags bar it is.

I was going to check out the whiskey jar but if fellow hibbys are going to jags that will do for me, I don't arrive til Friday 😀

RamYer1902
09-08-2017, 05:38 PM
I was going to check out the whiskey jar but if fellow hibbys are going to jags that will do for me, I don't arrive til Friday [emoji3]

See you at Jags [emoji1]

RamYer1902
10-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Jags Bar showing the game on Hun TV, not sure if that means the place will be crawling with them or not haha!

Big90inOz
10-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Hibs TV are not showing the game live

Keith_M
10-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Hibs TV are not showing the game live

Any idea why?

I thought they normally came to some agreement with the home side.

The Tubs
10-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Any idea why?

I thought they normally came to some agreement with the home side.

We only normally get away games when they're broadcast by sky or bt.

RamYer1902
10-08-2017, 02:16 PM
It's still Jags Bar for us so far but if anyone finds any other boozers where Hibs fans will be then just give us a shout :aok:

RamYer1902
11-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Appears that Jags Bar is actually a Dons pub going by folk we've spoke to. Anyone had a change of plan or looking at a different bar? As I say, still Jags for us atm as it seems a good wee boozer.

Blaster
11-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Appears that Jags Bar is actually a Dons pub going by folk we've spoke to. Anyone had a change of plan or looking at a different bar? As I say, still Jags for us atm as it seems a good wee boozer.

Have you tried the Dubliner at the top of the same street? I watched the game against Ross county in there (as mentioned before 😄)

RamYer1902
11-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Have you tried the Dubliner at the top of the same street? I watched the game against Ross county in there (as mentioned before [emoji1])

Sorry mate never noticed! We checked but they ain't showing the game. They've got the Chelsea and Everton games on instead.

Blaster
11-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Sorry mate never noticed! We checked but they ain't showing the game. They've got the Chelsea and Everton games on instead.

No worries mate. That's a pity, decent pub

RamYer1902
11-08-2017, 10:20 PM
No worries mate. That's a pity, decent pub

Aye we caught the Celtic game tonight. Decent boozer, in there for Dundee Derby the other night too. Maybe we should start enjoying our holiday haha!