PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

Pages : [1] 2

greenlex
09-08-2017, 04:43 AM
Not even on the bench for a second string Celtic last night. Come on home Son. The thought of him in the strip of any other Scottish club makes me sick.

Jim44
09-08-2017, 05:58 AM
He's had so little exposure in the last year that his appeal and attraction to other teams must have really dwindled. The rumour that it was Celtic's high valuation of him that put clubs off trying to sign him might not be far off the mark but surely now they can't demand a big fee for him ( there would be a development fee I think). It's anyone's guess as to where he will end up and I can't help feeling he's made one or two bad decisions along the way. Lennon said that the 'Hibs have concluded business in this window' statement did not come from him and, with a wee twinkle in his eye, suggested that if the opportunity to get someone else in arose he might be tempted. You never know.

Fife-Hibee
09-08-2017, 06:19 AM
He's had so little exposure in the last year that his appeal and attraction to other teams must have really dwindled. The rumour that it was Celtic's high valuation of him that put clubs off trying to sign him might not be far off the mark but surely now they can't demand a big fee for him ( there would be a development fee I think). It's anyone's guess as to where he will end up and I can't help feeling he's made one or two bad decisions along the way. Lennon said that the 'Hibs have concluded business in this window' statement did not come from him and, with a wee twinkle in his eye, suggested that if the opportunity to get someone else in arose he might be tempted. You never know.

Fingers crossed' would love to see Hendo back💚

Godsahibby
09-08-2017, 06:50 AM
Tin hat on here but where would he fit into that team? Why break the bank signing a player who has hardly played first team football and has no guarantee of starting every week.

I'm a massive Henderson fan but we don't need him.

Borderhibbie76
09-08-2017, 07:09 AM
He's had so little exposure in the last year that his appeal and attraction to other teams must have really dwindled. The rumour that it was Celtic's high valuation of him that put clubs off trying to sign him might not be far off the mark but surely now they can't demand a big fee for him ( there would be a development fee I think). It's anyone's guess as to where he will end up and I can't help feeling he's made one or two bad decisions along the way. Lennon said that the 'Hibs have concluded business in this window' statement did not come from him and, with a wee twinkle in his eye, suggested that if the opportunity to get someone else in arose he might be tempted. You never know.It will be another striker if/when Graham goes imo...i don't think we have room in the squad for Hendo sadly with the additions of Swanson and Slivka...happily be proven wrong tho

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
09-08-2017, 07:13 AM
Tin hat on here but where would he fit into that team? Why break the bank signing a player who has hardly played first team football and has no guarantee of starting every week.

I agree. Not much point in him leaving Celtic to sit on our bench.

Pretty Boy
09-08-2017, 07:13 AM

I see this argument a lot but to me it's very short term thinking.

We undoubtedly have a strong midfield at the moment but throw an injury to McGeough and a suspension for Bartley (neither requiring a massive stretch of the imagination) into the equation and it starts to look light. We haven't really added to the midfield from last year, only replaced (or improved upon) those who left.

Further we have to accept that John McGinn isn't likely to be at Hibs beyond next summer, if he continues his current form and given his contract situation then he is going to be hot property next year and Hibs will have to start to think about dealing. If a deal can be done to bring in a player who has quality in abundance to give us another option now and start to bed him in as a long term replacement for McGinn as part of the process then it's a no brainer imo.

edwards
09-08-2017, 07:15 AM
I thought Liam was a quality player when playing for us, Bartley out injured already but we have Slivka we have to give him a bit of time to adjust. I really do have a high regard for Liam and think he would be a great addition to the squad. Whatever happens I wish him all the best for his future carreer.

snooky
09-08-2017, 07:19 AM
I agree. Not much point in him leaving Celtic to sit on our bench.

I said on another thread about a month ago that if he didn't come soon the Hibs boat would sail without him. Guess what? It's anchors aweigh.

GoalsMcGinley
09-08-2017, 07:20 AM
Was told Celtic want north of £500k plus a sell on clause for Hendo. Not going to happen. Out of contract in the summer though I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18Hibee75
09-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Absolutely adore hendo. The passion he showed when he played for us was different class, a very neat footballer as well. However, we already have Slivka, McGeough, McGinn, Bartley, Swanson and F.Murray in midfield and we don't need him.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Brooster
09-08-2017, 07:35 AM
He is on the verge of signing for an English club. We had a bid turned down.

Firestarter
09-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Was told Celtic want north of £500k plus a sell on clause for Hendo. Not going to happen. Out of contract in the summer though I think?

Development fee will cover them. Celtic aren't acting in the best interests of Henderson which is a shame. He will end up down South for £300k or so. He wants to come back.

Bishop Hibee
09-08-2017, 07:37 AM
If Graham leaves Hibs I'd rather we signed another forward if we sign anyone. It's a shame Henderson moving to ER hasn't worked out. Hope he gets first team football somewhere soon.

Jones28
09-08-2017, 07:39 AM
I'd love to see him at Hibs again but I don't think it'll happen, mainly because Celtic want too much and he'd want first team football which might not be a guarantee at Hibs at the moment.

Mind you, could see him and Swanson interchanging and if Mcgeouch were to pick up another injury we could start looking a little light in the midfield.

neil7908
09-08-2017, 07:54 AM
If he's available and within our budget then it's a no brainier - get him signed!

As another poster said McGinn won't be around forever and with McGeough'injury record I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest the won't play every game this season.

Earlier in the summer when we looked light up front Henderson wasn't a priority but now the squad looks really strong all round I think take the chance to sign anyone that improves us, especially players at his age.

jacomo
09-08-2017, 08:24 AM
I see this argument a lot but to me it's very short term thinking.

We undoubtedly have a strong midfield at the moment but throw an injury to McGeough and a suspension for Bartley (neither requiring a massive stretch of the imagination) into the equation and it starts to look light. We haven't really added to the midfield from last year, only replaced (or improved upon) those who left.

Further we have to accept that John McGinn isn't likely to be at Hibs beyond next summer, if he continues his current form and given his contract situation then he is going to be hot property next year and Hibs will have to start to think about dealing. If a deal can be done to bring in a player who has quality in abundance to give us another option now and start to bed him in as a long term replacement for McGinn as part of the process then it's a no brainer imo.

Isn't Liam in the last year of his contract?

I can see him coming here next summer (especially if SJM goes) but not sure if Celtc will make it viable for us to sign him in this window.

Shame because the guy's career is stalling right now.

Ilovehibs
09-08-2017, 08:26 AM
If he's available and within our budget then it's a no brainier - get him signed!

As another poster said McGinn won't be around forever and with McGeough'injury record I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest the won't play every game this season.

Earlier in the summer when we looked light up front Henderson wasn't a priority but now the squad looks really strong all round I think take the chance to sign anyone that improves us, especially players at his age.

Like what you did there with 'stretch' with regard to McGeouch!

Totally agree with you. Would take Hendo for sure.

J-C
09-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Isn't Liam in the last year of his contract?

I can see him coming here next summer (especially if SJM goes) but not sure if Celtc will make it viable for us to sign him in this window.

Shame because the guy's career is stalling right now.

He'll still cost us a few bob as we'll have to pay a development fee, all Celtic have to do is offer him the same wage as he's on and the fee kicks in if he signs elsewhere, best to do a deal now on a smaller fee with add ons.

Since90+2
09-08-2017, 08:34 AM
We already have McGinn , McGeough , Slivka and Swanson who are similar players to Henderson. I know Swanson has been played as a left sided midfielder but he is not a typical winger as such as he likes to cut inside and is similar to Henderson in that way.

If we are going to be spending a few hundred thousand on a transfer fee and significant amount on wages I think another striker or a left sided out and out winger should be the priority. Saying that , if Hendo does come back I wont be too upset as I think he has the potential to be a very good player.

I know we have said our transfer dealing are done for the summer but that could change depending on the League Cup draw tomorrow. If we draw Sevco or Celtic away we are looking at 50% of a circa 50k crowd plus TV money. That will be a good few hundred thousand that was not budgeted for.

jacomo
09-08-2017, 08:44 AM
He'll still cost us a few bob as we'll have to pay a development fee, all Celtic have to do is offer him the same wage as he's on and the fee kicks in if he signs elsewhere, best to do a deal now on a smaller fee with add ons.

Ah yes, fair point.

Billy Whizz
09-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Maybe we didn't want him cuptied

lucky
09-08-2017, 09:37 AM
I'd take him on a free or a loan again but would not consider him at the prices being talked about. He's got to show more ambition than he is just now or he'll end up with career like Scot Allen but with less money

SteveHFC
09-08-2017, 09:43 AM

:hyper

Fife-Hibee
09-08-2017, 09:59 AM

🙏 😃

heretoday
09-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Absolutely adore hendo. The passion he showed when he played for us was different class, a very neat footballer as well. However, we already have Slivka, McGeough, McGinn, Bartley, Swanson and F.Murray in midfield and we don't need him.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid you're right. We don't need him. I'd have Commons back though.

Firestarter
09-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Longer term Henderson would be a great signing and probable successor to McGinn. I would definitely not turn my nose up at him coming back.

snooky
09-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Longer term Henderson would be a great signing and probable successor to McGinn. I would definitely not turn my nose up at him coming back.

I agree. Although we've moved on without him, I'd still love to have him on board.

NAE NOOKIE
09-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Leaving aside the fact that it would be brilliant to have Liam back in a Hibs shirt I do wonder if he is being well advised regarding his career. I do not get the impression that he is the kind of guy where at this stage the money matters more than the pleasure of playing and more to the point playing first team football.

There has to come a time where he recognises that he is not in Celtic's plans, if he was surely, barring injury, he would have played last night or at least been on the bench. This is a kid with the potential to be an absolutely top notch player at Scottish premiership level or better and it would be a crying shame if his career was to continue to stall at Parkhead ...... He refuses to go out on loan again so the question has to be in what way is he going to even stay at the level he achieved at Easter Road playing development games and 5 a side training matches at Celtic?

Even if it isn't to Hibs FFS get out of there ya wee legend :aok:

andybev1
09-08-2017, 03:19 PM
“It’s weird, this relationship between Hibs and me,” he says. The loanee has returned to his parent club but still hankers after what he had at Easter Road. “It’s like I’ve split up with my girlfriend but am still in love with her.” - liam henderson

That is the kind of person we need and if/when McGinn goes next season then maybe we should be ready to make an offer sooner rather than later?

Saying that I trust Lennon to do what is needed.

G B Young
09-08-2017, 03:27 PM
As somebody has suggested, it might be we eventually see him return if McGinn departs but at present it's become hard to see where he would fit in, especially as I think it's all but certain Commons will be joining us at some point.

Forever a hero for what he helped us achieve and hopefully he'll play for us again one day.

MyJo
09-08-2017, 03:31 PM
would welcome Henderson back with open arms but not for the type of fee Celtic are asking. £200k plus a sell on fee absolutely maximum to get him this summer. If Celtic continue to be unreasonable with their demands then have him sign a pre-contract in January

Hibbyradge
09-08-2017, 03:52 PM
A few folk are saying he's heading to England.

Brooster
09-08-2017, 05:02 PM
A few folk are saying he's heading to England.

100%.

Jim44
09-08-2017, 05:12 PM
100%.

Sorry if he's missed the boat with us but delighted if he's off to an English club.

Firestarter
09-08-2017, 05:20 PM
100%.

Any idea where and best of luck to Legend Hendo, a bright career awaits.

eastcoasthibby
09-08-2017, 05:21 PM

Not sure how he would be a replacement for McGinn completely different types of player, although Henderson maybe has the capacity to impact on a game with his ability ..but McGinn is well ahead just now at least !!

Brooster
09-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Any idea where and best of luck to Legend Hendo, a bright career awaits.

I know where he is going but I'm not willing to say on here.

Mango Man
09-08-2017, 06:03 PM

I'm gonna guess Nottingham Forest.

ShadesLongThrow
09-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Look on the bright side. If he doesn't come to us this month, it guarantees at least 10 transfer window threads on here over the next 5 years.

Captain Trips
09-08-2017, 06:07 PM
This is IMO the best squad in 30yrs, I have never felt so positive about players in every position and the strength of this team to me asks the question who drops out for Liam? Fantastic options all over the pitch if we need anyone else maybe another forward.

Firestarter
09-08-2017, 06:09 PM

Ok no problem I completely understand mate. Good luck Hendo.

Firestarter
09-08-2017, 06:10 PM
This is IMO the best squad in 30yrs, I have never felt so positive about players in every position and the strength of this team to me asks the question who drops out for Liam? Fantastic options all over the pitch if we need anyone else maybe another forward.

2000 squad was better for me. Especially the three at the back.

superfurryhibby
09-08-2017, 06:13 PM
2000 squad was better for me. Especially the three at the back.

Nah, I would take any combination of our current centre backs against Fenwick and Smith. I'll grant you Sauzee though.

Bob Box Fish
09-08-2017, 06:55 PM
100%.

On loan or are Celtic looking to offload?

Brooster
09-08-2017, 09:29 PM
On loan or are Celtic looking to offload?

They are selling him.

snooky
09-08-2017, 10:30 PM
I'm gonna guess Nottingham Forest.

Me too. The manager knows Hendo can deliver.

09-08-2017, 10:54 PM
C'mon Lennon, phone up Lawwell and match the offer before it's too late. Forget about Commons, he might never get fit enough.

snooky
09-08-2017, 10:58 PM
C'mon Lennon, phone up Lawwell and match the offer before it's too late.
Forget about Commons, he might never get fit enough.

Hear! hear!

Michael
09-08-2017, 11:02 PM
C'mon Lennon, phone up Lawwell and match the offer before it's too late. Forget about Commons, he might never get fit enough.

Agree, we should definitely aim for Henderson ahead of Commons. Henderson could be developed and sold for £££s. Also, we know that he can deliver...whereas Commons may have more fitness issues.

CathroMustStay
09-08-2017, 11:03 PM
My source in Cambuslang informs me that there is a 50/50 chance of Hendo signing for us permanently.

09-08-2017, 11:22 PM
My source in Cambuslang informs me that there is a 50/50 chance of Hendo signing for us permanently.

Would love it if we got him. We've had a brilliant transfer window but I'm being greedy. Hendo in and SJM to stay put.

chrisski33
09-08-2017, 11:31 PM

Lol my source there is 50/50 chance he wont

Ilovehibs
09-08-2017, 11:43 PM

Absolutely!

one day maybe...
10-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Surely money from an extended cup run will not have been factored into our budget. A win against Livingston would bring in a win fall, any money from a semi appearance would be money well spent on Hendo :agree:

Hibbyradge
10-08-2017, 09:09 AM

My source says he's 100% heading to an English club.

Souter96Mac
10-08-2017, 09:12 AM
Tbh any sort of move away from Celtic is a good one for him right now. Loved him at hibs that season, he was a quality player and got the club, but with the depth we have, it is doubtful he will come to us

IWasThere2016
10-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Personally, I'd prefer to see Henderson over Commons but agree that it is questionable if we need him.

It also appears Cellic have an awful inflated value on a player they don't pay and don't pay that well considering the value.

England makes sense for Liam - Forest is a good shout and I expect Ipswich have had a look also.

ancient hibee
10-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Surprised if a Championship club wants him unless Portsmouth or other promoted team.

HibernianJK
10-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Unpopular opinion alert.

I feel like the Cup Final has clouded judgement on how good a footballer Hendo is. Now, there is no doubting he has ability and a bright future, however he was not always first choice for us and IMO fairly inconsistent during his time here. He always gave 100% and is a club legend but he struggles to get a game for Celtic 2nd string which must tell people something.

Would be a good addition but I don't think he gets in our team at the moment with a few ahead of him.

Tin hat on.

Jim44
10-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Unpopular opinion alert.

I feel like the Cup Final has clouded judgement on how good a footballer Hendo is. Now, there is no doubting he has ability and a bright future, however he was not always first choice for us and IMO fairly inconsistent during his time here. He always gave 100% and is a club legend but he struggles to get a game for Celtic 2nd string which must tell people something.

Would be a good addition but I don't think he gets in our team at the moment with a few ahead of him.

Tin hat on.

Every Celtic midfielder would be a useful addition to any Scottish Premiership team. The fact that he is out of favour with Rogers, is IMHO, not a reflection on his ability,

Firestarter
10-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Celtic have been extremely hard to deal with over Henderson for some reason.

snooky
10-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Celtic have been extremely hard to deal with over Henderson for some reason.

There's been a few players who have ditched supporting their childhood team because of bad experiences with the club at playing level. e.g. Strachan/Hibs (sort of), Broony/Rangers, Cumdog/Hearts, Cormack/Hearts to name a few. I'm sure netters could add more.

I wonder if Hendo will still be "a Celtc man through and through" given the way they don't want him and now allegedly are making his transfer difficult.

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Unpopular opinion alert.

Tin hat on.

Don't think you need the tin hat mate ...... Its a fact that Hendo wasn't always a first pick at ER including the cup final. But what we all saw when he was here was a player with a second to none attitude and almost certainly the capacity and ability to become an even better player over a period of time.

That's why so many Hibs fans would like to see him leave Celtic even if it isn't to come to us ... it would be tragic to see a lad with his attributes stagnate up at Lennoxtown instead of pushing for a first team place at a decent club where his potential could be realised.

snooky
10-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Don't think you need the tin hat mate ...... Its a fact that Hendo wasn't always a first pick at ER including the cup final. But what we all saw when he was here was a player with a second to none attitude and almost certainly the capacity and ability to become an even better player over a period of time.

That's why so many Hibs fans would like to see him leave Celtic even if it isn't to come to us ... it would be tragic to see a lad with his attributes stagnate up at Lennoxtown instead of pushing for a first team place at a decent club where his potential could be realised.

:agree: That's in in a nutshell, NN.

10-08-2017, 11:41 AM
There's been a few players who have ditched supporting their childhood team because of bad experiences with the club at playing level. e.g. Strachan/Hibs (sort of), Broony/Rangers, Cumdog/Hearts, Cormack/Hearts to name a few. I'm sure netters could add more.

I wonder if Hendo will still be "a Celtc man through and through" given the way they don't want him and now allegedly are making his transfer difficult.

I'm sure he was quoted recently as referring to Hibs as being the team he supports.

Springbank
10-08-2017, 11:52 AM
I'm sure he was quoted recently as referring to Hibs as being the team he supports.

Two things that are public domain, but worth retelling:

First is his twitter pic for all last year (while he was a Celtic player) was him up Arthur Seat with Easter Road in the background

Second is he helped raise loads of money for charity in Winchburgh by raffling his Cup Final Hibs boots, and made no secret of the fact his time at Hibs was so special.

LH, a gem of a man

Jones28
10-08-2017, 12:24 PM

Well said

snooky
10-08-2017, 12:36 PM

First is his twitter pic for all last year (while he was a Celtic player) was him up Arthur Seat with Easter Road in the background

Second is he helped raise loads of money for charity in Winchburgh by raffling his Cup Final Hibs boots, and made no secret of the fact his time at Hibs was so special.

LH, a gem of a man

I would have bidded on the right one for sure. :greengrin

HibernianJK
10-08-2017, 12:36 PM

Don't get me wrong. I think he has great potential and would like to see him back. I just feel his abilities have somewhat been magnified by what he helped us achieve.

Don't want it to sound like I'm bashing him him at all.

Hibbycol
10-08-2017, 12:37 PM

LH, a gem of a manopen post to LD. I will give liam a colly bucky along the m8 if she signs him.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170810/9eaabd3da24a1eb697abb7e516f5e96d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

snooky
10-08-2017, 12:52 PM
open post to LD. I will give liam a colly bucky along the m8 if she signs him.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170810/9eaabd3da24a1eb697abb7e516f5e96d.jpg

Better check the Urban Dictionary for double entendres. :hmmm:

greenlex
10-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Better check the Urban Dictionary for double entendres. :hmmm:
He knows what he means.:agree:

Hibbycol
10-08-2017, 02:43 PM
He knows what he means.:agree:I do[emoji2] [emoji106]

happiehibbie
10-08-2017, 03:09 PM
spoke to a Celtic Director the other day about Hendo, seemingly he does not want a loan deal he wants out he is seemingly on around 6 to 8 K Celtic on the other hand dont really want to sell him ATM.

lets see what happens

Springbank
10-08-2017, 03:11 PM
I would have bidded on the right one for sure. :greengrin

From memory the boots were bought by someone who was planning to gift the right boot to the Hibs museum :flag:

keep the faith
10-08-2017, 03:17 PM
spoke to a Celtic Director the other day about Hendo, seemingly he does not want a loan deal he wants out he is seemingly on around 6 to 8 K Celtic on the other hand dont really want to sell him ATM.

lets see what happens

If I remember, he was given a five year deal at the same time he came to us.
He will have to take a hit financially to come to us but it will be the best thing he could do. Come home.
I have always thought this story has deadline day all over it but I can see the bread man taking him down the road with Cummings and McKay though.

McD
10-08-2017, 03:47 PM

:agree:

I think we'll have enough games/suspensions/injuries that he'd get plenty game time here, would give another alternative to mcgeouch and Swanson (albeit a different kind of player).

Still want another forward and pacy wide player too though :greengrin

where'stheslope
10-08-2017, 03:56 PM
If I remember, he was given a five year deal at the same time he came to us.
He will have to take a hit financially to come to us but it will be the best thing he could do. Come home.
I have always thought this story has deadline day all over it but I can see the bread man taking him down the road with Cummings and McKay though.

Unfortunately not many players will walk away from a good salary, even to play for their boyhood heroes.

Time will tell if he becomes surplus to requirements at Parkhead, but would think with a five year deal it will be costly to get him in?

hhibs
10-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Unfortunately not many players will walk away from a good salary, even to play for their boyhood heroes.

Time will tell if he becomes surplus to requirements at Parkhead, but would think with a five year deal it will be costly to get him in?

Unfortunately very much so and probably out of our reach. Much more costly than say Lewis Morgan of St. Mirren. IMO

Heisenberg
10-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately very much so and probably out of our reach. Much more costly than say Lewis Morgan of St. Mirren. IMO

St Mirren apparently rejected a 250k bid from Burton Albion for Morgan in this window. Don't think Hendo will go for much more than that tbh.

hhibs
10-08-2017, 04:32 PM
St Mirren apparently rejected a 250k bid from Burton Albion for Morgan in this window. Don't think Hendo will go for much more than that tbh.

Maybe, but think Hendo wages would be the killer for us.

Hibs90
10-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Just for clarification.

Hendo is a hibee.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDgDkMyXsAUYUkd.jpg:large

snooky
10-08-2017, 04:44 PM
From memory the boots were bought by someone who was planning to gift the right boot to the Hibs museum :flag:

Fantastic gesture. Well done, Mr Bootbyre :aok:

hibees 7062
10-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Maybe, but think Hendo wages would be the killer for us.

We thought the same with Stokes and Ambrose mate

one day maybe...
10-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Looking like Roberts on his way back to Celtic.. come home Hendo 💚

Nutmegged
10-08-2017, 06:25 PM
read a few people say he won't go out on loan etc... but could it be mkre straight forward than that? with Celtic in Europe they need to fill their home grown quota so maybe thats why they won't let him go

one day maybe...
10-08-2017, 06:32 PM
read a few people say he won't go out on loan etc... but could it be mkre straight forward than that? with Celtic in Europe they need to fill their home grown quota so maybe thats why they won't let him go

Likely be Tierney, McGregor, Forrest & Ralston

greenlex
10-08-2017, 06:44 PM
If Broosters saying he's going South then that's where he'll likely end up.......... unless a last minute.......

darwenhibby
11-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Rumours starting down here he is going on loan to Blackburn
Good signing for them and he will develop under Tony Mowbray

oneone73
11-08-2017, 12:03 PM

Thought he didn't want to go out on loan?

BSEJVT
11-08-2017, 12:08 PM

That would be great news for us also

I don't see us buying him right now but January or next season would IMO give us a better chance

greenlex
11-08-2017, 12:10 PM

He doesn't but if no one is prepared to give Celtic their asking price he might have to. He just wants to play football.

11-08-2017, 01:17 PM
That would be great news for us also

I don't see us buying him right now but January or next season would IMO give us a better chance

I like the sound of that, pre-contract in Jan. Back to the Hibees from Celtic via Blackburn, the Stokesy route.

IWasThere2016
11-08-2017, 01:36 PM

lets see what happens

There is NO - NONE, ZERO - chance LH is on £6-8k a week .. that is the most ridiculous thing I have read on here ever. Sorry.

Onion
11-08-2017, 01:55 PM
There is NO - NONE, ZERO - chance LH is on £6-8k a week .. that is the most ridiculous thing I have read on here ever. Sorry.

give it 5 mins...

calumhibee1
11-08-2017, 02:19 PM

I remember having this debate with you before on here and you being adamant he would be on less than a grand I'm sure was the figure you quoted. Do you still believe this to be the case? Because I think he'll be closer to £6k than £1k.

mjhibby
11-08-2017, 02:27 PM

May not be on that but is on a decent wage which is too rich for all Bar the bigot Bros. I'm sure sjm will leave next summer so we need to look at replacing him now. Henderson on loan from January then development fee in summer.

jacomo
11-08-2017, 06:15 PM

But if no one is willing to pay Celtc's asking price...

LH might have his preferred option but it's all a negotiation at the end of the day.

Since90+2
11-08-2017, 06:23 PM
I remember having this debate with you before on here and you being adamant he would be on less than a grand I'm sure was the figure you quoted. Do you still believe this to be the case? Because I think he'll be closer to £6k than £1k.

When he was on loan at us a Henderson was on a ridiculously low wage at Celtic, it was common knowledge within the squad. That came from a first team player at Hibs.

No idea if he is on a different wage now.

IWasThere2016
22-08-2017, 12:16 PM

Armstrong doesn't earn that .. so trust me LH doesn't - nowhere near

When he was on loan at us a Henderson was on a ridiculously low wage at Celtic, it was common knowledge within the squad. That came from a first team player at Hibs.

No idea if he is on a different wage now.

This

23-08-2017, 10:27 PM
C'mon Lennon, there are 8 days left to surprise us with a cheeky wee signing. Work your magic like you did with the Stokes deal, pursuade Celtic to let Hendo come home.

Nicho87
23-08-2017, 11:16 PM
Thought hendo had retired been that long since we seen him kick a ball

heretoday
23-08-2017, 11:30 PM
We could have done with his enthusiasm last week.

happiehibbie
24-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Celtic still see Liam as part of there future however they are willing to loan him out but the player himself wants a more permanent deal he is on between 5 k and 8 k which will be the main stumbling block.

CropleyWasGod
24-08-2017, 07:06 AM
Celtic still see Liam as part of there future however they are willing to loan him out but the player himself wants a more permanent deal he is on between 5 k and 8 k which will be the main stumbling block.Really?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
24-08-2017, 07:07 AM
Celtic still see Liam as part of there future however they are willing to loan him out but the player himself wants a more permanent deal he is on between 5 k and 8 k which will be the main stumbling block.

Hendo won't be on that much cash. No chance.

SouthMoroccoStu
24-08-2017, 07:54 AM

Did he sign a new deal when he returned from loan? :confused:

I thought the Development fee would have been the big stumbling block

easty
24-08-2017, 08:07 AM

No chance he's on £5k a week.

Nutmegged
24-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Armstrong doesn't earn that .. so trust me LH doesn't - nowhere near

This

Armstrong was on £10k p/w with them until he signed that new deal last week, given Rodgers really rates him and was determined to keep him he'll be on a big rise since now too more than likely.

As for Henderson, Celtic have wage tiers, remember reading about this about 18 months ago, guys breaking into the first team are on between £1-2k and theit next contract (unless their rise is spectacular) would take them into the £6-8k bracket - Henderson I'm pretty certain signed a new deal with them the day he signed on loan for us, he was highly rated by the club at the time and had just camr back from a stint in Norway with Rosenborg too, there is no way, zero chance he is on less than £6k - wishful thinking to believe otherwise

calumhibee1
24-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Armstrong was on £10k p/w with them until he signed that new deal last week, given Rodgers really rates him and was determined to keep him he'll be on a big rise since now too more than likely.

As for Henderson, Celtic have wage tiers, remember reading about this about 18 months ago, guys breaking into the first team are on between £1-2k and theit next contract (unless their rise is spectacular) would take them into the £6-8k bracket - Henderson I'm pretty certain signed a new deal with them the day he signed on loan for us, he was highly rated by the club at the time and had just camr back from a stint in Norway with Rosenborg too, there is no way, zero chance he is on less than £6k - wishful thinking to believe otherwise

I'd doubt he'll be on as much as that, however there's a few folk on here who claim to be ITK and say he's on £1k which is quite simply not true. A Celtic player signing a four year contract after winning the league at Rosenberg and some folk think he'll be on less than most/possibly all first team players at Hibs...

easty
24-08-2017, 08:22 AM
I'd doubt he'll be on as much as that, however there's a few folk on here who claim to be ITK and say he's on £1k which is quite simply not true. A Celtic player signing a four year contract after winning the league at Rosenberg and some folk think he'll be on less than most/possibly all first team players at Hibs...

I've nae idea what he's actually paid but I'd no be all that surprised if it was around £1k a week. It'll be closer to £1k than £8k, I'm confident of that.

I dinnae see why going away on loan and winning the league with Rosenberg would automatically get him a big contract? Did he get even more when he was on loan at Hibs and won the Scottish?

J-C
24-08-2017, 08:22 AM

He signed his new contract at 19 yrs old after playing 13 games for Rosenburg on loan, he made 36 sporadic appearances for Celtic prior to that and his season with us gave him his best season as a pro, he'll be on around £1-1.5K PW, the contract he signed would be as a youngster and not a full squad member.

A similar player to Henderson at Hibs would be Stanton or Handling and they'll be on around £700 pw.

happiehibbie
24-08-2017, 08:35 AM
The info I put up is true but obviously the doubters will doubt

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 08:36 AM

And the makers up, will make up. :wink:

easty
24-08-2017, 08:44 AM

Where are you getting it from?

Who is it that knows what Liam Henderson is paid, but not well enough to give you an exact figure, but it's true it's between £5-8k a week? He might be on £5k a week, or he might be on more than 50% more than that, dunno the figure but it's in that ballpark.

Nah.

MB62
24-08-2017, 08:50 AM

And you know this how?

Neither a doubter or a believer on this, just interested to know how others seem to be pretty sure how much individual players earn, especially when there are a couple of people who seem so sure but give very different info?

Whether he is on £1k or £8k a week is really irrelevant, it will be down to how desperate the lad is to either play first team football and hopefully progress his career, or sit tight and just take his wages for the next three years and possibly fade away in to the background as another nobody in the game. (I am of course assuming he is not going to make the first team breakthrough with celtc on a regular basis, as it looks at present)

Ozyhibby
24-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Don't care what Henderson earns, if he doesn't move now, he's not going to make it. Young players need games and he's not getting enough of them.

Borderhibbie76
24-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Don't care what Henderson earns, if he doesn't move now, he's not going to make it. Young players need games and he's not getting enough of them.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah if he stays at Septic till Jan he will become the forgotten man...he needs out before the end of the summer window

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2017, 12:21 PM

Anybody who posts stuff like 'the doubters will doubt' or my personal favourite 'let the haters hate' should be banned from social media for two weeks and have their knuckles slapped with a ruler ..... its meaningless babble, no doubt imported from north America, from folk who cannae be arsed to make or defend an argument !!!

Nothing personal mate and its not a criticism of your other posts on this thread ..... but gonnae no dae that :greengrin

Future17
24-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Anybody who posts stuff like 'the doubters will doubt' or my personal favourite 'let the haters hate' should be banned from social media for two weeks and have their knuckles slapped with a ruler ..... its meaningless babble, no doubt imported from north America, from folk who cannae be arsed to make or defend an argument !!!

Nothing personal mate and its not a criticism of your other posts on this thread ..... but gonnae no dae that :greengrin

Is it not just an observation that if it's in a person's nature to behave a certain way, they are likely to do so regardless of the circumstances?

FilipinoHibs
24-08-2017, 12:28 PM
He signed his new contract at 19 yrs old after playing 13 games for Rosenburg on loan, he made 36 sporadic appearances for Celtic prior to that and his season with us gave him his best season as a pro, he'll be on around £1-1.5K PW, the contract he signed would be as a youngster and not a full squad member.

A similar player to Henderson at Hibs would be Stanton or Handling and they'll be on around £700 pw.
I have heard from a source £3k.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 12:29 PM

The controllers will control.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Is it not just an observation that if it's in a person's nature to behave a certain way, they are likely to do so regardless of the circumstances?

The reasonable will reason.

greenlex
24-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Where are you getting it from?

Who is it that knows what Liam Henderson is paid, but not well enough to give you an exact figure, but it's true it's between £5-8k a week? He might be on £5k a week, or he might be on more than 50% more than that, dunno the figure but it's in that ballpark.

Nah. perhaps 5k is his basic.

greenlex
24-08-2017, 12:55 PM

A similar player to Henderson at Hibs would be Stanton or Handling and they'll be on around £700 pw. depends what you mean by his best season. He won a league cup with Celtic and a league and cup double with Rosenbourg before his cup win with us. What isn't in doubt is last season was by any measure his least productive and he needs to get his career on track.

1van Sprou7e
24-08-2017, 12:58 PM
depends what you mean by his best season. He won a league cup with Celtic and a league and cup double with Rosenbourg before his cup win with us. What isn't in doubt is last season was by any measure his least productive and he needs to get his career on track.

It was his best season personally, he was a key player for us even if he started from the bench a few times. Same can't really be said for his seasons at Celtic and rosenburg

CraigHibee
24-08-2017, 03:08 PM
I think we need to face reality for the forceeable, he isn't coming, I'm sure if lennon wanted him that much he would have been here by now imo

Hibbyradge
24-08-2017, 03:20 PM
I think we need to face reality for the forceeable, he isn't coming, I'm sure if lennon wanted him that much he would have been here by now imo

I really, really, really want a Ferrari.

I can't afford one.

brog
24-08-2017, 03:33 PM

I have no idea what Liam is on but when he signed his new contract he had only started 8 games for Celtic. To date he's still started more games for us than for Rosenborg/Celtic combined so I think it's indeed fair to say 2015/16 was his #1 season.

MacGruber
24-08-2017, 05:49 PM

The *****bags will ***** in a bag.

... no I know, I've not got the hang of this yet..

ian cruise
24-08-2017, 05:57 PM

Liberate the illiterate.

Firestarter
24-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Henderson is still a perfect fit for us. If a loan move down South has broken down then it would benefit everyone for Celtic to sell to us and regardless of inflated wages I believe he would come. He could be a big star up here and get a move with a sell on fee to Celtic or perhaps get swallowed up down South and they will get nothing.

1875STEVE
24-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Why dont we just use the 365k we get from Celtic getting to CL to bid?

Heisenberg
24-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Why dont we just use the 365k we get from Celtic getting to CL to bid?

We can't. Has to be used on youth development as far as I know.

seanshow
24-08-2017, 08:15 PM

Surely we can bypass this rule with Yamenomics.

SouthMoroccoStu
24-08-2017, 08:25 PM

Like buying Henderson....

Stubbsy2016
24-08-2017, 08:25 PM
There's a much higher chance of us getting Commons than Henderson, unfortunately.

24-08-2017, 08:26 PM

He is a youth and he'd develop if he came back to Hibs.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-08-2017, 08:53 PM

:agree:

Heisenberg
24-08-2017, 08:55 PM

I see no issue with this argument. Make it happen Hibs.

The_Horde
24-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Put that money into the youth. Use the money we had for youth already on hendo.

HibbyDave
24-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Patience.

Haymaker
25-08-2017, 04:21 AM

Velma Dinkley
25-08-2017, 06:01 AM
He could sign a pre-contract deal with us in January.

J-C
25-08-2017, 07:59 AM
He could sign a pre-contract deal with us in January.

As long as Celtic offer him a deal the same as what he's on they'll get compensation, so no real difference.

Velma Dinkley
25-08-2017, 08:03 AM
As long as Celtic offer him a deal the same as what he's on they'll get compensation, so no real difference.

It depends how much money they've been asking for, if they've even been willing to consider selling him at all.

J-C
25-08-2017, 11:50 AM
It depends how much money they've been asking for, if they've even been willing to consider selling him at all.

As far as people in the know have heard Celtic want too much for a player who gets on the bench once in a while and not in their plans, he has a year left and I don't understand why they're being so difficult to deal with, I'd thought a lower fee with a sell on % would be a decent deal for Celtic.

25-08-2017, 12:01 PM
I see no issue with this argument. Make it happen Hibs.
:greengrin

I hope you're right, like you were with Stokes. :wink:

LancsHibs
25-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Can only see Henderson coming as part of a McGinn transfer and I'd rather keep SJM! Would not be at all surprised if this is Celtics intentions.

Thecat23
25-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Can only see Henderson coming as part of a McGinn transfer and I'd rather keep SJM! Would not be at all surprised if this is Celtics intentions.

SJM isn't going anywhere this window. Unless someone threw ridiculous amounts at us which won't happen.

I've a feeling Mr Henderson and all parties involved will be doing their all next few days to push a move through. Watch this space!

Nicho87
25-08-2017, 12:15 PM
SJM isn't going anywhere this window. Unless someone threw ridiculous amounts at us which won't happen.

I've a feeling Mr Henderson and all parties involved will be doing their all next few days to push a move through. Watch this space!

Cue the Henderson on a bus in Leith. My aunties dog spotted him at East mains until closure of window now. Puns at the ready...

25-08-2017, 12:16 PM

Here's hoping.

We've done brilliant business this window. Stokes was the icing on the cake, Hendo would be the cherry on top.

Jim44
25-08-2017, 12:24 PM

If Henderson sees out his contract till summer, but signing a pre contract with another club in January, would Celtic still get compensation? If they don't really want him, they would be taking a bit of a risk offering a similar contract as he might call their bluff and accept it. They should cut their losses and let him go with maybe a nominal development fee.

Haymaker
25-08-2017, 05:21 PM
:greengrin

I hope you're right, like you were with Stokes. :wink:

Never give up :hyper

BegbieHSC
26-08-2017, 01:15 AM
Would love the rumours ongoing atm that he's coming home to be true.

But tbh, how many times have we been at this juncture in the past year, where rumours have been flying about a potential return?

Won't believe a word of it, until I see him in the jersey.

pacorosssco
26-08-2017, 01:22 AM
Would love the rumours ongoing atm that he's coming home to be true.

But tbh, how many times have we been at this juncture in the past year, where rumours have been flying about a potential return?

Won't believe a word of it, until I see him in the jersey.

Deschamps was a belter

SouthMoroccoStu
26-08-2017, 06:23 AM
An "in the knower" on Hibee bounce suggests this might actually happen

He reports A bid has been tabled and is being taken more seriously than any previous attempts

We hold our collective breaths

AlbertK86
26-08-2017, 07:38 AM
An "in the knower" on Hibee bounce suggests this might actually happen He reports A bid has been tabled and is being taken more seriously than any previous attempts We hold our collective breaths

Said bouncer is not as in the know as he makes out I would suggest. Not specific to this particular rumour but his ITK usually comes not long after one of our trusted sources on .net pm post something of note.

May be off the mark but folk like Underscore, The Cat, Brooster and Scoopyboy are usually far more accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Heisenberg
26-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Brooster is normally bang on and he was 100% convinced Hendo was away down south a few weeks ago. It's giving me (most likely false) hope that we might be back in for him.

Brooster
26-08-2017, 08:11 AM
Last I heard was....Hibs had a bid of £350k turned down well over a month ago. Norwich had a bid of more than double that turned down soon afterwards. He was close to signing for another English Championship club about 3 weeks ago but I dont know if that has fallen through. Liam doesnt want to go on loan and Celtic may have to drop their evaluation the closer it gets to the end of the transfer window.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Last I heard was....Hibs had a bid of £350k turned down well over a month ago. Norwich had a bid of more than double that turned down soon afterwards. He was close to signing for another English Championship club about 3 weeks ago but I dont know if that has fallen through. Liam doesnt want to go on loan and Celtic may have to drop their evaluation the closer it gets to the end of the transfer window.

That is a serious amount of money we offered, where are we getting all this dosh?

I love Henderson, i love the way he plays and the way he gets the club. He's another player who plays with his head up, and looks for a forward pass.

Fingers crossed we can come to some agreement for him, and that he wants to come home. :pray:

Col2
26-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Would be a massive statement of intent if we spend c£400k on a player. He only has one year left on deal so not sure the sums are fair but would love him back.

We had a decent squad in championship and eventually won fairly comfortably but we do need a stronger squad for this league and to be in top 4. We are almost there but Hendo would be icing on cake.

matty_f
26-08-2017, 08:45 AM
That is a serious amount of money we offered, where are we getting all this dosh?

I love Henderson, i love the way he plays and the way he gets the club. He's another player who plays with his head up, and looks for a forward pass.

Fingers crossed we can come to some agreement for him, and that he wants to come home. :pray:

The Hibs fans turning up in big numbers will go a long way to funding s move like this. The more turn up, the better the players we can fund.

Since90+2
26-08-2017, 08:48 AM
According to the infamous ITKs Henderson was 100% away down south weeks ago and we had offered 350k while Norwich offered more than 700k? It might still be on as Celtic might have to lower their asking price. It's fantastic to have such inside knowledge otherwise we would all be guessing and making it up as we go along.

Brightside
26-08-2017, 08:52 AM
According to the infamous ITKs Henderson was definitely away down south weeks ago and we had offered 350k while Norwich offered more than 700k? It might still be on as Celtic might have to lower their asking price. It's fantastic to have such inside knowledge otherwise we would all be guessing and making it up as we go along.
I know the story but keeping it for the PM board.

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2017, 09:25 AM

:hilarious it'll be less than a day before one of the PMs blab it to someone and it appears back on here as a fact.

Hibbyradge
26-08-2017, 09:31 AM

:thumbsup:

Brooster
26-08-2017, 09:53 AM
According to the infamous ITKs Henderson was 100% away down south weeks ago and we had offered 350k while Norwich offered more than 700k? It might still be on as Celtic might have to lower their asking price. It's fantastic to have such inside knowledge otherwise we would all be guessing and making it up as we go along.

Clown.

Since90+2
26-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Clown.

:faf:

Edit - and btw Darren had a good chuckle on your claim he hardly trains. Keep them coming :aok:

superfurryhibby
26-08-2017, 09:58 AM

I liked the one about McGeouch being told he could leave and telling other players he was on his way.

Since90+2
26-08-2017, 10:00 AM
I liked the one about McGeouch being told he could leave and telling other players he was on his way.

A classic.

Brooster
26-08-2017, 10:03 AM

Edit - and btw Darren had a good chuckle on your claim he hardly trains. Keep them coming :aok:

Good for you. Im happy to be put right but doubt it.

Since90+2
26-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Good for you. Im happy to be put right but doubt it.

To be honest you should just admit you were wrong and you shouldn't have posted rumours about a cup winning legend and the guy who is currently captaining the side. By coming out with rubbish like he hardly trains just means the next time he has an off day folk will say if he doesn't train he shouldn't play ect ect. Give the guy some respect by not posting stuff like that on a forum when it's not true :aok:

Brooster
26-08-2017, 10:17 AM
To be honest you should just admit you were wrong and you shouldn't have posted rumours about a cup winning legend and the guy who is currently captaining the side. By coming out with rubbish like he hardly trains just means the next time he has an off day folk will say if he doesn't train he shouldn't play ect ect. Give the guy some respect by not posting stuff like that on a forum when it's not true :aok:

I stand by what I said and I would bet a pound to a penny you know no better and havent even spoken to him.

Since90+2
26-08-2017, 10:21 AM
I stand by what I said and I would bet a pound to a penny you know no better and havent even spoken to him.

I honestly couldn't care less whether you believe me or not as that's really irrelevant.

If you want to crack on posting stuff like the guy isn't fit because he never trains then it's up to you but he deserves more respect than that.

Brooster
26-08-2017, 10:22 AM
I honestly couldn't care less whether you believe me or not as that's really irrelevant.

If you want to crack on posting stuff like the guy isn't fit because he never trains then it's up to you but he deserves more respect than that.

So he trains every session does he?

neil7908
26-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Make this happen Hibs!

cabbageandribs1875
26-08-2017, 10:27 AM
well i'm putting a virtual £2.50 on Liam Henderson moving down south, so there

stokesmessiah
26-08-2017, 11:53 AM
If it's true commons is coming, do we really need Henderson?

Lancs Harp
26-08-2017, 11:55 AM

Think long term.

sleeping giant
26-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Imagine if we got both :greengrin

one day maybe...
26-08-2017, 01:00 PM
More quality players we have the better in my opinion . Love to see Hendo back in a Hibs jersey #GGTTH

Iggy Pope
26-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Said bouncer is not as in the know as he makes out I would suggest. Not specific to this particular rumour but his ITK usually comes not long after one of our trusted sources on .net pm post something of note.

May be off the mark but folk like Underscore, The Cat, Brooster and Scoopyboy are usually far more accurate

We'll at least two of them seem to have a clear difference of opinion on this one.

Haymaker
26-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Imagine if we got both :greengrin

Eyrie
26-08-2017, 02:18 PM
:hilarious it'll be less than a day before one of the PMs blab it to someone and it appears back on here as a fact.
Just checked the PM board - we offered £150k and a packet of ready salted but Lawwell is holding out for Worcester sauce.

Other way round. I realise that Commons would be coming in as a coach/player, but it'll be some time before he's fit enough to play and does he even have one year left?

Henderson would be ready to play immediately and will be here for several seasons, unless he plays so well that he earns us a decent transfer fee.

So it's Henderson for me every time. Fortunately we don't need to make a choice - if we get Henderson then we don't need Commons, and if we don't then Commons will be a free agent so can be brought in after the window closes.

oldbutdim
26-08-2017, 10:41 PM

To be fair, he has never claimed to be 'in the know' and just repeats gossip from various chums and acquaintances.
There are a couple of 'ITK' on the Bounce, with 'sources' but he's just a nobody with no claim to fame at all.

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-08-2017, 10:48 PM
I've never seen such enthusiasm from a loan signing as I have from Liam Henderson and he clearly has the club in his heart, so he would be a great signing IMO. Commons would add a much needed goal threat to our midfield. As was shown by last weekends result, still think we can do with a couple more additions to the squad, so both would do me.:aok:

Haymaker
26-08-2017, 11:18 PM

SirDavidsNapper
26-08-2017, 11:51 PM
Tin hat on but Henderson is held in elevated high regard by some of us for the two "deliveries". I really don't think he'd be close to starting for Hibs either. Remember, he was on the bench for the cup final.

pacorosssco
26-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Tin hat on but Henderson is held in elevated high regard by some of us for the two "deliveries". I really don't think he'd be close to starting for Hibs either. Remember, he was on the bench for the cup
final.

Yes and spent a year with little game time since. Im of opinion Hibs a bad move for him. He needs games as a first pick. Mcginn Dylan start if fit and leaves few chances cm. Happy to take him back. Good player but imo he needs a club where hes first pick week in week out. Wish him well

Hibbycol
26-08-2017, 11:59 PM
I've never seen such enthusiasm from a loan signing as I have from Liam Henderson and he clearly has the club in his heart, so he would be a great signing IMO. Commons would add a much needed goal threat to our midfield. As was shown by last weekends result, still think we can do with a couple more additions to the squad, so both would do me.:aok:I agree, the reported move down south for twice what hibs offered (allegedly) fell through ,his fault ? Celtics fault? ,or the proposed team not measuring up to terms ? .so liam realises he ain't in brendans plans ,so COME ON LD SIGN HIM [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]. take a leap of faith hibs! get him in our emerald green Hibernian team .
BRING HIM HOME [emoji172]

Tornadoes70
27-08-2017, 12:02 AM
I'm not disagreeing with fellow hi bees for sake however my take on Hendo was he was constantly a driving force for us and I'd have him back in a heartbeat and when fully fit and in form playing consistently for us. His energy, skill and enthusiasm was a joy to watch for us and could easily be so again.

:flag:

AlbertK86
27-08-2017, 09:49 AM
No brainer.... if we can get him let's take him.

Might not start every game but when SJM moves on he is the ready made replacement

ancient hibee
27-08-2017, 10:15 AM
So does he play instead of McGinn or Mcgeouch who according to many on here are the first two names on the teamsheet?

Onion
27-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Tin hat on but Henderson is held in elevated high regard by some of us for the two "deliveries". I really don't think he'd be close to starting for Hibs either. Remember, he was on the bench for the cup final.

Harsh and unfair. Henderson is highly regarded in the game and is just the type of player and character we need at Hibs. Any chance we have to get him to Hibs, we should grab.

Clarence
27-08-2017, 10:22 AM
No brainer.... if we can get him let's take him.

Might not start every game but when SJM moves on he is the ready made replacement

Correct. Liam would create healthy competition for starting places and would be good succession planning for McGinn's departure in the not too distant future.

ano hibby
27-08-2017, 10:23 AM

The stats were posted on the PM board by Capital Green.
Hendo started 40 of 48 games for us in 15/16 having joined after 3 games were played.
Was also injured in Nov/Dec.
No gaurantee for 17/18 obviously but I'd forgotten how many games he had started too.

ancient hibee
27-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Harsh and unfair. Henderson is highly regarded in the game and is just the type of player and character we need at Hibs. Any chance we have to get him to Hibs, we should grab.

He's got decent potential and gives 100% but highly regarded in the game?Certainly not by his own club or apparently by a club willing to buy him.

Hibee Mac
27-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Hendo would play in the Swanson roll, not replacing Mcginn or Dylan

cleanyman
27-08-2017, 03:25 PM
We need him for a corner or two.

Stinking delivery today

Hibee Mac
27-08-2017, 03:46 PM
We need him for a corner or two.

Stinking delivery today

Absolutely, we haven't got a single player in the team who can take a set piece

ancient hibee
27-08-2017, 06:03 PM

That'll be on the bench then(if he's lucky).:greengrin

neil7908
27-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Absolutely, we haven't got a single player in the team who can take a set piece

Yeah, really disappointed with our set pieces this season

ancient hibee
27-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Yet there were a number of clever short corners today I thought and some quickly taken free kicks to keep the ball moving.

greenlex
27-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Yet there were a number of clever short corners today I thought and some quickly taken free kicks to keep the ball moving.
The short corners were fine at the start but to persist when they had it sussed was bordering on madness. The quick free kicks again are great but there is also a time to slow it down and be more measured and composed. I actually thought haters were a few times it was just the composure was missing.

Nicho87
27-08-2017, 07:50 PM
If hendo is the replacement for McGinn I think a few fans will feel short changed even more so with Cummings being sold also.

Dalianwanda
27-08-2017, 09:30 PM
If hendo is the replacement for McGinn I think a few fans will feel short changed even more so with Cummings being sold also.

It's all subjective..SGM get sold and we bring in some more quality. I'd hate to see him go but we know it's going to happen. We also know the club won't sell on the cheap and we are happy to spend to replace.

ancient hibee
27-08-2017, 10:02 PM
The short corners were fine at the start but to persist when they had it sussed was bordering on madness. The quick free kicks again are great but there is also a time to slow it down and be more measured and composed. I actually thought haters were a few times it was just the composure was missing.

I know it's the automatic spelling thing but I've had to give up on "haters".Otherwise I agree with what you're saying(I think).

greenlex
27-08-2017, 10:06 PM
I know it's the automatic spelling thing but I've had to give up on "haters".Otherwise I agree with what you're saying(I think).

The worrying thing is I have no idea what it's meant to be either.😂😂😂

ancient hibee
27-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Jeez I'll never be able to go and get my cocoa at this rate.

Tornadoes70
27-08-2017, 10:12 PM
It's all subjective..SGM get sold and we bring in some more quality. I'd hate to see him go but we know it's going to happen. We also know the club won't sell on the cheap and we are happy to spend to replace.

750 K is an insult bid for one of the best young players in Scotland, only 22 and an international player with Scottish Cup and League Cup medals. Don't want SJM to go anytime soon but when he does I hope its not to they cheeky barstewards.

blackpoolhibs
28-08-2017, 05:55 AM

So was Bartley?

Brooster
29-08-2017, 06:21 AM

I'm not normally in to point scoring but you were accusing me of lying.....and not in a very nice way either.

What have you got to say about this article? Is Neil Lennon lying and should he apologise?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/international-break-comes-at-right-time-for-hibs-darren-mcgregor-1-4544764

Sorry I cant seem to post this as a link on my phone. You get my drift though

Hibs07p
29-08-2017, 07:01 AM
I'm not normally in to point scoring but you were accusing me of lying.....and not in a very nice way either.

What have you got to say about this article? Is Neil Lennon lying and should he apologise?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/international-break-comes-at-right-time-for-hibs-darren-mcgregor-1-4544764

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

The Leith Dutch
29-08-2017, 07:22 AM

That probably highlights the difficulties he'd face at Hibs right now.
Swanson had a cracking season last year for St Johnstone while Henderson got very little pitch time.

At the moment I'd say he's behind Slivka, McGinn, McGeough and Swanson for sure.
Whittaker is likely to play as a right midfielder at points and I'd like to see Fraser Murray continue to get gametime.
We also have the potential to play 2 wingers in Boyle and Barker and we have a cracking DM in Bartley.

While he's not the same position as some of those players they're all still part of the same maths of 3, 4 or 5 midfield slots and 9 players already competing for them. Not getting a game because of formation rather than having players ahead of you is probably slightly preferable but it's still not getting a game.

I'd like Henderson - not least as there as bids likely to come in for McGinn - but at the moment I'm not sure he's going to want to come to Hibs without being fairly certain of making the starting XI.

oldbutdim
29-08-2017, 07:39 AM

Headshot.

:tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
29-08-2017, 07:41 AM

:greengrin i think they say in the trade, game set and match to Brooster.

Juice-Terry
29-08-2017, 07:51 AM
:greengrin i think they say in the trade, game set and match to Brooster.

Queue a long debate on what is/was meant by 'training' throughout their exchange....

berwickhibee
29-08-2017, 08:35 AM

I for 1 appreciate your info brooster,keep them coming.:thumbsup:

scoopyboy
29-08-2017, 10:41 AM

Care to check with Darren again, that's if he's stopped laughing of course.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-08-2017, 11:06 AM
I still think Brooster is lying. He's clearly a journo for the EEN and has made this up to suit his agenda. Poor show like.... 😏

scoopyboy
29-08-2017, 11:09 AM
I still think Brooster is lying. He's clearly a journo for the EEN and has made this up to suit his agenda. Poor show like.... 😏

I think he's actually Neil Lennon, too much like coincidence they come out with the same story virtually word for word.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-08-2017, 11:28 AM
I think he's actually Neil Lennon, too much like coincidence they come out with the same story virtually word for word.

Ah, yes. Indeed. Excellent detective work, Scoops 😎

happiehibbie
29-08-2017, 12:43 PM

when you sit here try to give out some info which comes from a good source you get a bit P off. cam i use "you say it best when you say nothing a tall " :)

happiehibbie
29-08-2017, 12:50 PM

could you clear your inbox down message in waiting :)

Hibbyradge
29-08-2017, 08:53 PM

https://i.amz.mshcdn.com/P2zWGZAC5HU9ZCosyHSBMnHGGhY=/fit-in/850x590/2013%2F07%2F30%2F33%2Fpopcorn.4da1c.gif

1875STEVE
29-08-2017, 10:22 PM
https://i.amz.mshcdn.com/P2zWGZAC5HU9ZCosyHSBMnHGGhY=/fit-in/850x590/2013%2F07%2F30%2F33%2Fpopcorn.4da1c.gif

:greengrin:greengrin

MyJo
29-08-2017, 10:42 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/c5e5cd58e1fe4a607943f03e67c24a24/tenor.gif

poolman
30-08-2017, 12:55 AM
Where is Since90+2 ?

As Sally Mcoist would say "We have a right to know"

And is Darren McGregor still chuckling 🤔

poolman
30-08-2017, 01:09 AM

Ah but what has Kris Boyd got to say about this

Viva_Palmeiras
30-08-2017, 06:39 AM

More inches for his column - ooo-er

Hibbyradge
30-08-2017, 08:30 AM

Does he read dotnet?

Callum_62
30-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Record saying hes not on our radar

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2017, 01:21 PM

73 murdered at Hampden massacre final.

Jim44
30-08-2017, 01:24 PM

Very possibly true but it's nice of the Daily ****** to act as the HFC press spokesman.

Callum_62
30-08-2017, 01:25 PM
73 murdered at Hampden massacre final.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

SouthMoroccoStu
30-08-2017, 02:08 PM

Since I don't trust anything that Rangers rag says.... Looks like Henderson's coming home :agree::greengrin

Captain Trips
30-08-2017, 02:16 PM

How did they word it? "Hibs are not interested in signing Liam Henderson who played for Hibs on the day 11 Rangers player were assaulted."

Firestarter
30-08-2017, 02:35 PM
How did they word it? "Hibs are not interested in signing Liam Henderson who played for Hibs on the day 11 Rangers player were assaulted."

"Former Hibs player who's crosses caused hampden riot in club setback"

hibbie02
30-08-2017, 02:42 PM
"Former Hibs player who's crosses caused hampden riot in club setback"

Big Conrad appears to be indicating he has signed for us..... :flag:

Firestarter
30-08-2017, 03:02 PM

Have you a link please?

30-08-2017, 03:02 PM

Where are you seeing that?

SRHibs
30-08-2017, 03:04 PM
It's a Conrad Logan parody account on Facebook.

Bob Box Fish
30-08-2017, 03:04 PM
If it's the Facebook page it's not Conrad it's just someone taking the mick...

green with envy
30-08-2017, 03:13 PM

I take it you're referring to that spoof Facebook page?

Load o' pish if you ask me.

Lee Marvin
30-08-2017, 08:08 PM
https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/08/blogs/celtic-willing-to-allow-henderson-to-leave-on-the-cheap/

Springbank
30-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Come on home, fella
#WelcomeHendo

BlackSheep
30-08-2017, 08:14 PM
If he stays in Scotland I can only see him coming to us... that's if he stays in Scotland!!

SouthMoroccoStu
30-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Come on home, fella
#WelcomeHendo

Naughty