PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

Ozyhibby
08-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Looks the real deal. Never put a foot wrong in his half hour appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
08-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Yep looked quality composed athletic and good range of passing.

Onceinawhile
08-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Contractually obliged to call him "former juventus man" vykintas slivka.

Libby Hibby
08-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Looked good and an eye for a pass.

Like him a lot.

Iggy Pope
08-08-2017, 10:37 PM
A very busy boy. Looked menacing at Alloa. Looked comfortable tonight.

B.H.F.C
08-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Obviously he's only had a few brief appearances but he looks like a player IMO. What I like is that he's always looking to pass the ball forward, not just playing a pass for the sake of it.

iwasthere1972
08-08-2017, 10:43 PM
First thought was Roy of the Rovers.

snooky
08-08-2017, 10:48 PM
First thought was Roy of the Rovers.

Is that the guy who was married to Hayley and drinks in the pub in Corrie?

Hermit Crab
08-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Player, said it for weeks now. Love to see him start on Saturday. I think he will be able to handle the atmosphere of Ibrox no problem.

Nameless
08-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Pinged a long diagonal ball late in the half that landed right on Stevensons foot - must have been a good 40 yards. This boy is absolutely the real deal.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Yes .... got a bit longer tonight and looks like a composed player with a good touch and a very decent long range pass ... high hopes for him.

SirDavidsNapper
08-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Would be tempted to start him instead of Swanson on Saturday.

Hermit Crab
09-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Would be tempted to start him instead of Swanson on Saturday.

I think DS is a nap for a red card on Saturday. Its like he's trying too hard to impress at times and gets it wrong. He will come good but I'd have Slivka in from the start on Saturday for definite.

greenlex
09-08-2017, 12:07 AM
Our second watch won this season. Like him. Like him a lot.

SirDavidsNapper
09-08-2017, 12:07 AM
I think DS is a nap for a red card on Saturday. Its like he's trying too hard to impress at times and gets it wrong. He will come good but I'd have Slivka in from the start on Saturday for definite.That's my thinking on it too

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
09-08-2017, 07:25 AM
I think DS is a nap for a red card on Saturday. Its like he's trying too hard to impress at times and gets it wrong. He will come good but I'd have Slivka in from the start on Saturday for definite.Very unfair he set up 2 goals on Sat...in the absence of any real.negatives it feels like everyone is exaggerating about Danny. Ok agreed nothing came off for him 2nite but 2 assists on Sat prove he is effective

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
09-08-2017, 07:27 AM
I thought he looked good last night but not quite the level everyone's making him out to be. Never really put a foot wrong but never tried anything to out of the ordinary either. I do think he will be a very good player for us, but I don't think we've nearly seen his full potential yet.

Joe6-2
09-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Is that the guy who was married to Hayley and drinks in the pub in Corrie?

Hope no!

ronaldo7
09-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Great use of the ball, and always available. He's very comfortable on the ball, and his driving runs is what we're looking for from our midfield.

Great capture.

supermcginn
09-08-2017, 07:58 AM
He looks class, it wont be long at all before he is one of the first picks.

Sergio sledge
09-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Contractually obliged to call him "former juventus man" vykintas slivka.

:agree: the thread title needs changed before Hibs.net gets a letter from Hibs' legal team.....

Albanian Hibs
09-08-2017, 08:09 AM
I think DS is a nap for a red card on Saturday. Its like he's trying too hard to impress at times and gets it wrong. He will come good but I'd have Slivka in from the start on Saturday for definite.

I dont think Swanson will start on Saturday anyway. Gray and Stevenson wing backs with Super John McGinn, McGeouch and hopefully Bartley in the middle.

jeffers
09-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Early days but I was impressed with him last night, looks a class act. What it does show is the options we have in midfield.

calumhibee1
09-08-2017, 08:23 AM
I dont think Swanson will start on Saturday anyway. Gray and Stevenson wing backs with Super John McGinn, McGeouch and hopefully Bartley in the middle.

I'd be surprised if Whittaker doesn't start.

Lee Marvin
09-08-2017, 08:37 AM

There is a 0% chance whittaker will not start on Saturday, if fit.

09-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Slick Vyk Slivka.

Sean1875
09-08-2017, 09:08 AM
A 3 year deal instead of a loan deal is looking like a master stroke so far :aok:

alihibs1
09-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Reckon he should come in for Bartley in games against lower end teams?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aldo
09-08-2017, 09:27 AM

Boyle won't be dropped. His pace is vital for this weekend.

neil7908
09-08-2017, 09:35 AM
He hasn't played much football for us but looks very assured and comfortable on the ball with a good range of passing. Really keen to see more of him but he'll struggle for games at the moment given how well we're playing at the moment.

I'm still not sure what kind of midfielder he is - defensive, attacking, box to box etc. Also don't know if he can shoot. Suspect he'll be McGeouch's biggest competition though based on his appearances so far.

yerauldda
09-08-2017, 09:37 AM
If all the players that people have said has to start this weekend we will be fielding 15 players! What a great problem to have. So many of us are going to be annoyed at certain players missing out but that's what you get with a good squad. What I do know is that we will have 11 very good players in the starting lineup and 4 or 5 on the bench who can come on and do an excellent job if needed.

I have no idea how we will line up on Saturday. The only guaranteed starters are SJM, Marciano and Stevenson IMO.

Billy Whizz
09-08-2017, 09:51 AM
He hasn't played much football for us but looks very assured and comfortable on the ball with a good range of passing. Really keen to see more of him but he'll struggle for games at the moment given how well we're playing at the moment.

I'm still not sure what kind of midfielder he is - defensive, attacking, box to box etc. Also don't know if he can shoot. Suspect he'll be McGeouch's biggest competition though based on his appearances so far.

He says he's an attacking midfielder

KWJ
09-08-2017, 09:57 AM

He plays as a number 10 for Lithuania.

He may even do this for us against Ibrox in a similar fashion to what he did against Scotland. Won a lot of headers and kept the ball well for Lithuania in Scotland's territory.

He only got 3 goals when in the Netherlands in 40 odd games but he may have played deeper there. Think he can play anywhere in midfield really. Might have read that he's 2 footed in aw.

makaveli1875
09-08-2017, 10:03 AM
He plays as a number 10 for Lithuania.

He may even do this for us against Ibrox in a similar fashion to what he did against Scotland. Won a lot of headers and kept the ball well for Lithuania in Scotland's territory.

He only got 3 goals when in the Netherlands in 40 odd games but he may have played deeper there. Think he can play anywhere in midfield really. Might have read that he's 2 footed in aw.

I can confirm that slivka does indeed have 2 feet :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
09-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Boyle won't be dropped. His pace is vital for this weekend.

I agree. Boyle up top with Murray. Harsh on Stokes after last night though.

Silversand
09-08-2017, 11:18 AM
I think there will be a few disappointed players not starting on Saturday, but it reflects our squad strength.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
09-08-2017, 11:44 AM
I agree. Boyle up top with Murray. Harsh on Stokes after last night though.

We'll see in time, but Stokes HAS to start for me. Boyle and Murray both have raw pace, but Stokes' football alongside is vital.

Bishop Hibee
09-08-2017, 11:52 AM
I'm salivating over the quality of our squad. He looks a player. Can't wait to see him from the start in a Premiership game.

Colr
09-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Yes .... got a bit longer tonight and looks like a composed player with a good touch and a very decent long range pass ... high hopes for him.

Sauzee type roll?

.Sean.
09-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Player, said it for weeks now. Love to see him start on Saturday. I think he will be able to handle the atmosphere of Ibrox no problem.
Not debating he looks a player but who do you start him ahead of? McGeough?

West lower
09-08-2017, 11:56 AM
If all the players that people have said has to start this weekend we will be fielding 15 players! What a great problem to have. So many of us are going to be annoyed at certain players missing out but that's what you get with a good squad. What I do know is that we will have 11 very good players in the starting lineup and 4 or 5 on the bench who can come on and do an excellent job if needed.

I have no idea how we will line up on Saturday. The only guaranteed starters are SJM, Marciano and Stevenson IMO.

Add Simon Murray to that list. You don't drop a guy who is on a run like him.

1van Sprou7e
09-08-2017, 11:57 AM

McGregor and Murray as well surely

yerauldda
09-08-2017, 12:14 PM
McGregor and Murray as well surely

Probably Murray but I personally can't see Lennon dropping Ambrose and if he goes 4 at the back there is only room for one of McGregor/Hanlon.

Hermit Crab
09-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Not debating he looks a player but who do you start him ahead of? McGeough?

He'll get his chance soon enough as DM just cant stay fit.

ancient hibee
09-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Even allowing for it being Ayr-a part time team playing a man short for most of the time he was on-he looks a good player and covers the ground well.

SChibs
09-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Even allowing for it being Ayr-a part time team playing a man short for most of the time he was on-he looks a good player and covers the ground well.

Don't mean to nitpick but ayr are full time now, and good on them

jacomo
09-08-2017, 04:15 PM

And Stokes. Because they will be terrified.

Hermit Crab
09-08-2017, 04:46 PM
And Stokes. Because they will be terrified.

Stokes and Murray have to start imo.

ancient hibee
09-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Don't mean to nitpick but ayr are full time now, and good on them

I thought they had decided to go back to part time when relegated.Glad they've managed to avoid that.

greenlex
09-08-2017, 06:18 PM
I thought they had decided to go back to part time when relegated.Glad they've managed to avoid that.

Bizzarely I think they were part time last season and went full time after. being relegated.

canuckhibee
09-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Agree, Slivka looks technically very good - obviously his apprenticeship in Italy is serving him well. I see him as a replacement for McGeoch and possibly could push Dylan onto the bench sooner rather than later. As they say competition for places can only be a good thing.

SChibs
09-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Bizzarely I think they were part time last season and went full time after. being relegated.

I think you are right, seem to remember reading that. Think there are 3 full time teams in league one. Ayr, airdrie and raith. Livi would have been too but they were promoted

Ozyhibby
12-08-2017, 03:59 PM
I stand by my original assessment. [emoji3]

Elephant Stone
12-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Insane

Tobias Funke
12-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Sounds like Lennon has signed a real gem. His goal was class.

sleeping giant
12-08-2017, 04:04 PM
He looked a class act.

Cracking goal too

andybev1
12-08-2017, 04:06 PM
What a cracking goal - we have a real player on our hands....think I feel a song coming on.

BullsCloseHibs
12-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Another Lennon masterpiece singing 😊

Onion
12-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Sounds like Lennon has signed a real gem. His goal was class.

A real bonus. We all naturally focus on the quality guys we know and just hoped the Lithuanians would be ok. Looks like he's a bit better than ok :thumbsup:

Jack Hackett
12-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Another Lennon masterpiece singing 😊

Neil... or John? :greengrin

I was very happy when he joined the Hibs... now I'm ecstatic :flag:

hfc rd
12-08-2017, 04:13 PM
No surprise this boy was at Juventus! Was different class out there!

NOLA
12-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Looks a very classy player! Could be a great signing and potentially a lucrative one as well [emoji106]

hibsbollah
12-08-2017, 04:16 PM
The talk at East Mains is he's impressing everyone. Getting close to one of the first names on the teamsheet by all accounts.

gazzag70
12-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Thought slivka was superb.Classy player,we are lucky to have him. Well done Neil Lennon!

wookie70
12-08-2017, 04:19 PM
He was excellent today. Looked in control and showed a wee bit of grit too. Superb touch and hit for his goal

supermcginn
12-08-2017, 04:24 PM
This guy is different class👍👍👍

bingo70
12-08-2017, 04:28 PM
What a player we've uncovered here.

He seems to have everything?! For a big guy he's also very very quick.

Looking at his wiki profile I'm guessing he needs to add goals to his game but he's shown today he's more than capable.

Coco Bryce
12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Superb strike. Great cover for the injured Bartley today. He would never had hit a shot from there :wink:

Calidad
12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
I wonder how we found out about him? I don't suppose Hibs regularly send scouts to Juventus matches ;)

RamYer1902
12-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Sensational

Is It On....
12-08-2017, 05:53 PM

I think we have a wee bit more of an idea of whether he can shoot 😉

Bristolhibby
12-08-2017, 05:54 PM

Indeed. Boy scores when he wants.

J

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2017, 06:02 PM
I wonder how we found out about him? I don't suppose Hibs regularly send scouts to Juventus matches ;)Many different scouting tools about. Honestly, football manager is used by many clubs.

Scotland recently playing Lithuania probably helped as well.

Pete
12-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Goal today was a touch of class.

A Hi-Bee
12-08-2017, 06:15 PM
I wonder how we found out about him? I don't suppose Hibs regularly send scouts to Juventus matches ;)

Sure Neil Lennon said they had been keeping tabs on him for the past year or so.

nonshinyfinish
12-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Neil was over to watch Higuain but it was Vyk that caught the eye.

Eyrie
12-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Some strike for our third!

How much is the buy back clause that Juventus insisted on?

Elephant Stone
12-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Would have been happy to have him on a loan; getting him on a three year deal would appear, so far, to be an incredible signing. :flag:

Jim44
12-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Chick Dung kept referring to him as Sl-eye-vka. Surely it's Slivka or Sleevka. Pig ignorance not to do his homework on pronunciation. Or was he correct? :greengrin

penihibs
12-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Some strike for our third!

How much is the buy back clause that Juventus insisted on?

Is it worth buying a strip with his name on it or will we cash in before window closes.

emerald green
12-08-2017, 06:36 PM
This lad looks like a quality footballer. Another excellent signing.

I can't help comparing the huge improvement in the quality of the players the club currently recruits with some of the dross the club signed over some seasons before Leeann Dempster & Neil Lennon came to the club.

Slavers
12-08-2017, 06:37 PM
This lad looks like a quality footballer. Another excellent signing.

I can't help comparing the huge improvement in the quality of the players the club currently recruits with some of the dross the club signed over some seasons before Leeann Dempster & Neil Lennon came to the club.

The difference is night and day. None of this would have been financed if it was not for the cup win.

CL0762
12-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Thought he was slow to settle into the game (as where most of the team tbh) but once he found his groove his was sublime.

Really looking forward to watching a Hibs midfield with him in it.

SingaporeHibs
12-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Another great addition to the squad, what a goal today. Looks the real deal already.

neil7908
12-08-2017, 07:04 PM
I think we have a wee bit more of an idea of whether he can shoot 😉

Hahaha yeah, mystery solved.

ronaldo7
12-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Chick Dung kept referring to him as Sl-eye-vka. Surely it's Slivka or Sleevka. Pig ignorance not to do his homework on pronunciation. Or was he correct? :greengrin

We just call him the Leithianian 😂

Pretty Boy
12-08-2017, 07:08 PM
He didn’t really know what to do when he scored. Neither did I mind you. Think I molested about 5 boys around me!

You weren't the boy behind me who planted a kiss right on the top of my head after the 3rd?

Slivka looked class today. Our whole midfield did. If you had to pick the guy playing EPL football recently from todays game you would have picked our 3 ahead of Dorrans.

steakbake
12-08-2017, 07:09 PM

Chick recently referred to clubs from Eastern Europe as "all these new clubs" like the fall of the wall was a couple of years ago. A dinosaur of a man.

HoboHarry
12-08-2017, 07:09 PM
He didn’t really know what to do when he scored. Neither did I mind you. Think I molested about 5 boys around me!
Are you a Hearts fan?

:greengrin

tamig
12-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Just to think a few short weeks ago there were more than a few on here expressing concern about the perceived lack of transfer activity and questioning our scouting department. I'd say the Slivka signing alone shows that we're in pretty good hands. A fantastic signing based on his displays so far.

Ginger Gehagan
12-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Looks to be an absolute gem of a signing, great strike today!:thumbsup:

jacomo
12-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Thought slivka was superb.Classy player,we are lucky to have him. Well done Neil Lennon!

Sounds like Graeme Mathie deserves the credit for this one.

I'm not sure Lenny knew a great deal about the 2 Lithuanian guys before they came in.

ano hibby
12-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Interesting that Neil Lennon in his interview credits Graeme Mathie for tracking him for a year, i.e. being the man behind the signing.

Northernhibee
12-08-2017, 08:16 PM
He's a super classy player. We've got a striker who's scored something like ten goals in seven games, we've signed a club hero in Stokes, a very experienced full back in Whittaker and I think Slivka has the potential to be the best signing of the lot. What a goal.

Famous Fiver
12-08-2017, 08:21 PM
This boy is right up there with The God and Latapy.

He'll have the crowds (and scouts) coming in droves to watch him.

I've seen Gordon Smith and Joe Baker and this boy is in that class.

Over the top? We went to Hunville and destroyed them!!!

snooky
12-08-2017, 08:49 PM
I think his nickname should be "Slick"

snooky
12-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Are you a Hearts fan?
:greengrin

A Hearts mole by the sounds of it.

hibeelovin90
12-08-2017, 08:51 PM
f5ftfttfcc

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
12-08-2017, 08:53 PM
f5ftfttfcc

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Covfefe.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-08-2017, 10:26 PM
A Hearts mole by the sounds of it.

Jamie...

Jack Hackett
12-08-2017, 11:42 PM
Just seen the goal again on Hibs tv highlights, and the power in that shot is awesome. Pinged the ball like a pinball plunger

hibsbollah
13-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Slivka and Big Dave were handing out medals at boys club football in Musselburgh this morning. Happy to sign things and generally made themselves available for selfies etc. Seemed like good guys :aok:

Famous Fiver
13-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Did either of them cup their ears?

I can see this becoming our 5 -1 !!!

Souter96Mac
13-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Slivka and Big Dave were handing out medals at boys club football in Musselburgh this morning. Happy to sign things and generally made themselves available for selfies etc. Seemed like good guys :aok:

Assuming today is their day off, this shows great dedication! I'm not 100% sure that sundays are a day off for the lads but just the fact they played yesterday I guess they are rested the next day. So fair play to them both for taking time out of their days to make some young football players' days

Jack Hackett
13-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Did either of them cup their ears?

I can see this becoming our 5 -1 !!!

Brilliant! A full ER cupping their ears would look awesome

... Make it so, number one

Sir David Gray
13-08-2017, 01:46 PM
This guy is quality. Although it was against weak opposition, you could really see how good he was when he came on against Alloa.

His goal yesterday was outstanding and worthy of winning any game.

He'll prove to be a very good signing.

Jamesie
13-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Good news is that we have him on a three year deal!

Cabbage East
13-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Looked excellent. A touch of the Beuzelin about him maybe?

hibsbollah
13-08-2017, 03:30 PM
This guy is quality. Although it was against weak opposition, you could really see how good he was against the Rangers.

His goal yesterday was outstanding and worthy of winning any game.

He'll prove to be a very good signing.

Agreed :agree:

CathroMustStay
13-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Slivka looks very promising. :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
13-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Slivka looks very promising. :thumbsup:

Already a favourite of mine.

Hibbyradge
13-08-2017, 06:52 PM
The difference is night and day. None of this would have been financed if it was not for the cup win.

That definitely helped.

But the fact that we don't have any more stands to build is a huge factor too.

As is Tom Farmer's generosity and ability to negotiate with the bank.