PDA

View Full Version : Sevco fans inevitable sectarian singing on Saturday

SirDavidsNapper
08-08-2017, 12:53 AM
With the hostility between the clubs and the return of Lennon to add fuel to the fire, the bile from the The Rangers fans is going to be in overdrive. Hopefully the powers that be are on hand and ready to address any illegal singing or chants directed our way. I wont hold my breath. Hopefully social media can be used as a tool to shame them.

Haymaker
08-08-2017, 12:56 AM
Everyone film/record as much as they can. Then email, Twitter etc the SFA/SPFL at once.

DickieDastardly
08-08-2017, 03:29 AM
Please remember of course this a Scottish football issue not just the mighty ambassadors of Rangers & Celtic, the Glasgow media and SFA will go out of their way to implicate every other Scottish team - it's like the match in Escape To Victory....

😂

Sir David Gray
08-08-2017, 05:18 AM
With the hostility between the clubs and the return of Lennon to add fuel to the fire, the bile from the The Rangers fans is going to be in overdrive. Hopefully the powers that be are on hand and ready to address any illegal singing or chants directed our way. I wont hold my breath. Hopefully social media can be used as a tool to shame them.

:faf:

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2017, 05:40 AM
:faf:

Took the laughter right out my mouth SDG

flash
08-08-2017, 06:07 AM
Hopefully they arent. its all part of the pantomime that is Scottish fitba.As for people filmimg and sending it to the authorities......really.

Kojock
08-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Not only Lennon, throw in Stokes, Ambrose, McGeoch and Whittaker. Petrie for getting them "demoted". 21/05/16 and all their players hospitalised by Hibernian ruffians. It's going to be very tasty, bring it on. Can't wait GGTTH

heidtheba
08-08-2017, 07:55 AM
Couldn't possibly be the new team we're talking about peeps They're inclusive...

Rangers striker Kenny Miller commented, “Rangers is an inclusive club and strives to promote equality and inclusion and we are delighted to sign up to the Scottish LGBT Sports Charter.

...apparently.

:tsk tsk::ostrich:

--------
08-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Why do you think the game isn't on telly?

So that the hordes can have free rein without requiring action from the police or football authorities.

And no one can 'shame' them. They're beyond it.

Bostonhibby
08-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Couldn't possibly be the new team we're talking about peeps They're inclusive...

Rangers striker Kenny Miller commented, “Rangers is an inclusive club and strives to promote equality and inclusion and we are delighted to sign up to the Scottish LGBT Sports Charter.

...apparently.

They are inclusive though, they exclusively include prodisdunt bigots from Norn Irn and Prodisdunt bigots from Scotland.

BH Hibs
08-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Get the biggest broom in Scotland on standby. Sweeeeeeeeeppp.

Bristolhibby
08-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Everyone film/record as much as they can. Then email, Twitter etc the SFA/SPFL at once.

Fill your boots, the more shamemon them the better.

Do it from a dummy twitter account as the abuse you will inevitably receive from the Hun morons will be ridiculous.

J

DarrenSQH
08-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Theres a reason this isnt on TV....

CraigHibee
08-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Hopefully the powers that be are on hand and ready to address any illegal singing or chants directed our way. I wont hold my breath

I wouldn't either mate, not a thing will happen, it'll go under "community singing" like it always does

seanraff07
08-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Would rather we drowned it out with our whole end singing instead of recording Sevco fans.

Keith_M
08-08-2017, 11:12 AM
There was an article in one of today's papers that was (quite rightly) calling chants about child abusers and the killing of Lee Rigby as deplorable. We've also had occasions when racism has been highlighted and condemned from all sides.

It's strange that the media and football authorities are able to identify and call out disgusting behaviour of that kind, but seem to have a collective deafness when supporters of one of the two largest clubs in the country are singing sectarian songs at every single game.

On the very rare occasion that someone in the media has had the temerity to even mention that club's sectarian chants, the only action the club has taken is to ban that particular sports reporter from Ibrox.

DCI Gene Hunt
08-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Honestly, what do you expect will happen?

As another poster said, a large broom will be used to conviniently brush away any inevitable bile that will pollute the air. It seems acceptable to the authorties in the 21st Century to for people to engage in mass acts of racism, sectarian bigotry, wifebeating, drunkenness and general violence, as long as they support certain Glasgow football clubs.

NOLA
08-08-2017, 11:39 AM
It's easy for the police to huckle a couple of lads singing sectarian songs but when it's hundreds/thousands they are powerless. And you know the spfl won't do anything because they are bears too [emoji199]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High-On-Hibs
08-08-2017, 11:39 AM
They were singing their ***** against Motherwell and the "pundits" on Sky Sports were calling it a "great atmosphere". :rolleyes:

I seriously wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

Is It On....
08-08-2017, 11:45 AM
It's just a minority though ....

Heisenberg
08-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Theres a reason this isnt on TV....

I said exactly the same yesterday. No chance they were going to show this live on TV due to the likelihood of the huns trying to cause trouble.

KeithTheHibby
08-08-2017, 12:09 PM

As usual blind eyes will be turned at every opportunity. It will be a disgusting atmosphere.

A nice early goal will shut those horrible ****s up.

heretoday
08-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Hopefully they arent. its all part of the pantomime that is Scottish fitba.As for people filmimg and sending it to the authorities......really.
Yup. Best to suck it up and get some digs in of our own.

08-08-2017, 04:56 PM
It'll be the same as it always is. The tramps will belt out loud and proud all their bile, confident in the knowledge that they are 100% safe from any punishment. The SPFL and the rest will peddle out the old usual "oh it's only a minority" line then it'll be sweep sweep under the carpet, nothing to see here folks and nothing will ever be said of it again.

08-08-2017, 04:58 PM
It's easy for the police to huckle a couple of lads singing sectarian songs but when it's hundreds/thousands they are powerless. And you know the spfl won't do anything because they are bears too [emoji199]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, it complete debunks the myth that "its just a minority". It most certainly is not hense why the police are powerless. The suits in authority however who could impose punishment are unfortunatly cowards.

Sprouleflyer
08-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Once we go 2 nil up, you'll be able to hear a pin drop from the home end.

DCI Gene Hunt
08-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Lol. That would be the best way to answer them wouldn't it... Stokesy battering a couple into their net would have them fuming! Hehe!

Renfrew_Hibby
08-08-2017, 08:25 PM

...apparently.

Kenny is right! I mind seeing Coisty and Gazza going at it, tounges and all years ago. The billy boys in the stands were lapping it up.

majorhibs
08-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Kenny is right! I mind seeing Coisty and Gazza going at it, tounges and all years ago. The billy boys in the stands were lapping it up.

Always wondered, being Catholic, if ever I was cornered by the the support (formerly known as rangers) & on my own, how would they get my blood up to their knees? That's quite a target! In a phone box or something?

Lancs Harp
08-08-2017, 09:54 PM
I presume the orcs have realised Morelos, Herrera, Candeias, Dalcio, Pena, Alves and Cardosa probably arent ardent members of the DUP? Not to mention their new Wharburton.

Jim44
09-08-2017, 06:40 AM
There's a thread on FF stirring up what they're going to do both on the field and off it. Violent, physical revenge is very much on the agenda and I think Glasgow's finest will be busier than usual this weekend.

Dashing Bob S
09-08-2017, 07:55 AM
There's a thread on FF stirring up what they're going to do both on the field and off it. Violent, physical revenge is very much on the agenda and I think Glasgow's finest will be busier than usual this weekend.

It figures. 49:1 rather than 1:1 has always been the preferred odds the loudmouth cowardly Hun needs to feel relatively safe about issuing such threats.

St.Anne's
09-08-2017, 10:35 AM

An "aye to the right" on that post.
As for most of the others on this thread... Jaysus! We may was well appoint the former Secretary of State for Norn Iron, Secretary of State for Defence and Secretary of State for the Home Department as bloody chairman! I think we already pay his disgusting company for stewards. (I was daft enough to think Rock Steady were bad in days of yore.)
As for the Orcs, they are what they are: a product of their culture and their upbringing. At least they believe in something, which is better than believing in nothing, in my view.
Lest we forget, our number 28 holds views on sectarianism in Ireland that most objective observers would regard as more extreme than those held by 98% of Huns. Maybe we should call for the SFA to ban him from the Scottish game. Again, he is what he is. I've put the odd fiver in the odd bucket in the odd Kilburn High Road boozer. The fivers may have gone to orphanages or children's wards at hospitals. I doubt it though.
I'm not going to Ibrox. Working. Not been since the first season down. Those in attendance should be roaring the team on - and baiting the Huns - not recording "illicit chants" for submission to the Thought Police.

St.Anne's
09-08-2017, 10:47 AM
That hugely entertaining Stokes thread In Another Place last week ends with this link:
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?251689-Tom-English-on-Anthony-Stokes
:lips seal:tee hee:

Keith_M
09-08-2017, 11:04 AM
As for the Orcs, they are what they are: a product of their culture and their upbringing. At least they believe in something, which is better than believing in nothing, in my view..

You can't be serious, surely? I presume you're also of the view that "at least ISIS believe in something?"

What about the Nazis' attitude to the Jews, that was a pretty strong belief as well.

The National Front? Loveable rogues, eh...

Keith_M
09-08-2017, 11:05 AM
That hugely entertaining Stokes thread In Another Place last week ends with this link:

OK, I'm calling this guy out.

Go home to Follow Follow.

:bye:

we are hibs
09-08-2017, 11:21 AM
As for most of the others on this thread... Jaysus! We may was well appoint the former Secretary of State for Norn Iron, Secretary of State for Defence and Secretary of State for the Home Department as bloody chairman! I think we already pay his disgusting company for stewards. (I was daft enough to think Rock Steady were bad in days of yore.)As for the Orcs, they are what they are: a product of their culture and their upbringing. At least they believe in something, which is better than believing in nothing, in my view.
Lest we forget, our number 28 holds views on sectarianism in Ireland that most objective observers would regard as more extreme than those held by 98% of Huns. Maybe we should call for the SFA to ban him from the Scottish game. Again, he is what he is. I've put the odd fiver in the odd bucket in the odd Kilburn High Road boozer. The fivers may have gone to orphanages or children's wards at hospitals. I doubt it though.
I'm not going to Ibrox. Working. Not been since the first season down. Those in attendance should be roaring the team on - and baiting the Huns - not recording "illicit chants" for submission to the Thought Police.

thats one of the most moronic things i've ever read on here.

Michael
09-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Abandon thread!

Mick O'Rourke
09-08-2017, 11:26 AM
I hope you are correct and they are "on the ball"
I have little confidence in the Glasgow police and that goes back 50yrs of being treated like dirt through there at games. I guess many here will agree with me on that.

On the Cup Final
The police, well, most of them were already on there way to Ibrox before Hibernian got the equaliser.
Their failure to prevent rAngers hordes descending on the pitch for no other reason than to cause violence was a disgrace.
Yes, a number of our fans crossed the halfway line and taunted them
That too could have been prevented.
It was clear long before the final whistle that an "invasion" was going to happen.
The outcome could well a have been more tragic.

Glasgows"finest" had better get it right this weekend
There is no doubt that Hibernian fans will be targeted before, during and after the game.(if rAngers social media is to be believed)
Sad as that is ,it is the reality

I wont be there ,so be safe fellow Hibernians.
Stick together, and don't get lost if wearing colours.

green day
09-08-2017, 11:27 AM
As for the Orcs, they are what they are: a product of their culture and their upbringing. At least they believe in something, which is better than believing in nothing, in my view.
Lest we forget, our number 28 holds views on sectarianism in Ireland that most objective observers would regard as more extreme than those held by 98% of Huns. Maybe we should call for the SFA to ban him from the Scottish game. Again, he is what he is.

Huns can believe in what they want, its a free country - however I wouldnt say Huns extreme beliefs are "better than nothing".

p.s. Re the chat about Stokes - why not engage the brain and make the next post less obvious?

Brizo
09-08-2017, 11:38 AM
As for most of the others on this thread... Jaysus! We may was well appoint the former Secretary of State for Norn Iron, Secretary of State for Defence and Secretary of State for the Home Department as bloody chairman! I think we already pay his disgusting company for stewards. (I was daft enough to think Rock Steady were bad in days of yore.)

This is one of the daftest posts ive read

Colr
09-08-2017, 11:43 AM

Fat chance. Also, they are beneath being able to feel shame.

flash
09-08-2017, 11:47 AM

Thanks for endorsing my post.......:flying::flying::panic:

Colr
09-08-2017, 11:55 AM

They only respond to brown envelopes.

Colr
09-08-2017, 11:59 AM
It'll be the same as it always is. The tramps will belt out loud and proud all their bile, confident in the knowledge that they are 100% safe from any punishment. The SPFL and the rest will peddle out the old usual "oh it's only a minority" line then it'll be sweep sweep under the carpet, nothing to see here folks and nothing will ever be said of it again.

Only UEFA has the inclination to do anything about it. Better sending the evidence to them.

WhileTheChief..
09-08-2017, 12:06 PM
On the plus side, we can have threads like this 8x this season and everyone can express their disgust at Old Firm fans. Again.

It's not like people have made their views clear about this for, erm, decades?!

They can sing what they like, doesn't offend or bother me in the slightest.

Pity that 'sticks and stones' doesn't seem to apply anymore and grassing to the authorities appears to be the norm. Never used to be.

SquashedFrogg
09-08-2017, 12:11 PM
On the plus side, we can have threads like this 8x this season and everyone can express their disgust at Old Firm fans. Again.

Pity that 'sticks and stones' doesn't seem to apply anymore and grassing to the authorities appears to be the norm. Never used to be.

Fair enough but I suspect most of us understand the sentiment behind their "songs" and the detrimental effect is has on society.

Does that mean it's ok to wolf whistle females when sitting in a car at traffic lights? Or making monkey chants at black players?

It's 2017 man.....

cabbageandribs1875
09-08-2017, 12:16 PM
It figures. 49:1 rather than 1:1 has always been the preferred odds the loudmouth cowardly Hun needs to feel relatively safe about issuing such threats.

absolutely spot on boab :agree:

Wee Effen Bee
09-08-2017, 12:17 PM
This is one of the daftest posts ive read

Have to agree - especially the, "...believe in something." bit.

:wtf: does that even mean? Belief in a daft religion? A belief that it's OK to spout disgusting, aggressive and hateful garbage on their sites and at football matches?

cabbageandribs1875
09-08-2017, 12:22 PM

so, nice introduction st.anne's, tell us all about yourself...other/old user names etc

Lancs Harp
09-08-2017, 12:23 PM
so, nice introduction st.anne's, tell us all about yourself...other/old user names etc

Pops up the week before the Rangers game with an "alternative" viewpoint. Hmmm.

Mick O'Rourke
09-08-2017, 12:28 PM

Sing what they like?
No that is unacceptable in today's Scotland.
Its the thin edge of a sadly bigger wedge.

It certainly still offends me now, at 65 yrs of age.
Telling me to "go home" and relishing being up to their knees in my blood.

A bit more than sticks and stones too.
When i was a schoolboy coming home from school and being ambushed and attacked for the crime of being a Catholic.
And that was here in Clermiston!
Happened regular to me and my two younger brothers.
Good news is when we got older and stronger, we put a stop to it.
Billy certainly did !

Its not just at football though, is it?
A scourge and shame throughout Scottish society.

WhileTheChief..
09-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Fair enough but I suspect most of us understand the sentiment behind their "songs" and the detrimental effect is has on society.

Does that mean it's ok to wolf whistle females when sitting in a car at traffic lights? Or making monkey chants at black players?

It's 2017 man.....

If we were all being honest it's got nothing to do with the songs that they sing, it's because they are old firm fans. If Brechin fans sang these songs would we ever have threads like this?

Scotland's shame gets mentioned a lot on here. Do people think that Italy is a backward racist country becasue of some Lazio fans songs? Doubt it.

I'm not aware that the songs are targeted at specific players in the way that Mark Walters was targetted at Tynecastle for example.

Monkey chants are clearly unacceptable. Singing the Soldiers Song or Rule Brittania doesn't come anywhere close to that though.

As for it being a problem within our society I just don't buy that at all. There could be an argument for it being society that let these people down. What was our education system doing that allowed this hatred to breed for decades? What has the Scottish government ever tried to do since devolution? The folk singing these songs were kids at some point, is our education system to blame?

We have moved on leaps and bounds from the days where your religion played a part in whether you got a decent job or whatever, it's 2017 after all :)

SquashedFrogg
09-08-2017, 03:17 PM
If we were all being honest it's got nothing to do with the songs that they sing, it's because they are old firm fans. If Brechin fans sang these songs would we ever have threads like this?

Scotland's shame gets mentioned a lot on here. Do people think that Italy is a backward racist country becasue of some Lazio fans songs? Doubt it.

I'm not aware that the songs are targeted at specific players in the way that Mark Walters was targetted at Tynecastle for example.

Monkey chants are clearly unacceptable. Singing the Soldiers Song or Rule Brittania doesn't come anywhere close to that though.

As for it being a problem within our society I just don't buy that at all. There could be an argument for it being society that let these people down. What was our education system doing that allowed this hatred to breed for decades? What has the Scottish government ever tried to do since devolution? The folk singing these songs were kids at some point, is our education system to blame?

We have moved on leaps and bounds from the days where your religion played a part in whether you got a decent job or whatever, it's 2017 after all :)

I can only assume you are at the wind-up with a post like that. I can't really be bothered wasting too much time on this but suffice to say, expressing or inciting religious hatred is a criminal offence. More so, it has detrimental effect on many peoples lives through fear and violence.

Peers and family show us how to behave in society - not the education system. The laws which are designed to protect us aren't being enforced by the appropriate authorities - hence the original discussion around trying to do something proactively to ensure they are eventually enforced.

The_Todd
09-08-2017, 03:23 PM

:hilarious

Your club's dead mate. Jog on.

Keith_M
09-08-2017, 03:30 PM
:hilarious

Your club's dead mate. Jog on.

:agree:

New club, same garbage.

High-On-Hibs
09-08-2017, 03:30 PM
The one's on here who are just like "ach, it's a wee bit of banter, no harm done"......etc. You are just as bad as they are. :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
09-08-2017, 03:46 PM
I've emailed Sturgeon re this and some lackie replied to say tell the Chief of Polis .. like that will resolve things :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
09-08-2017, 04:01 PM
St Anne's had a fine username if it's come from where I think so that's a shame he's been outed as a Hun.

I'll take my seat at Ibrox (with thanks to a prolific poster on here) and whatever the Huns sing won't bother my bold fenian arse one little bit.

Oh, well.

WhileTheChief..
09-08-2017, 04:34 PM
^^ Careful with that attitude, you're meant to be really really bothered or you're part of the problem apparently!

Come back on here after the match and tell us how much piss was thrown at you and how many Pan Drops hit you on the head. Try and count up how many battered wives you pass on the way back to your car as well. :greengrin

High-On-Hibs
09-08-2017, 04:40 PM
I've emailed Sturgeon re this and some lackie replied to say tell the Chief of Polis .. like that will resolve things :rolleyes:

Tbf.... I don't think Sturgeon being rolled out on the pitch before the game to tell that lot to calm down and behave would do much to resolve anything either. Would be funny as f though. :greengrin

Iggy Pope
09-08-2017, 05:59 PM
^^ Careful with that attitude, you're meant to be really really bothered or you're part of the problem apparently!

Come back on here after the match and tell us how much piss was thrown at you and how many Pan Drops hit you on the head. Try and count up how many battered wives you pass on the way back to your car as well. :greengrin

^^ Hibs don't get the result one will get (her ears at least) battered all the way back to the car :greengrin