PDA

View Full Version : Team v Ayr

07-08-2017, 11:53 PM
We've already got a thread for the Rangers game but haven't even played Ayr yet.

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeouch
Boyle

Murray
Stokes

It is so much harder to pick the team now than it was in the 2nd half of last season when the team virtually picked itself due to injuries, suspensions and not having as much strength in depth as we do now. Lennon has so many options now with the current squad. Marv is the only injury doubt.

SirDavidsNapper
08-08-2017, 12:12 AM
Tough game as Ayr have been on fire so far but it's a great chance to progress to a quarter final. I'd start Stokes as he needs game time and leave out Dylan to rest him for Saturday. No wholesale changes.

Brightside
08-08-2017, 12:26 AM
Surely our Number 9 plays?

Hibeesmad
08-08-2017, 12:50 AM
Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
Slivka

Murray
Swanson
Stokes

Dave

08-08-2017, 01:02 AM
Surely our Number 9 plays?

Give Stokes about 65 mins then bring on Davie.

Auckland Hibs
08-08-2017, 01:33 AM
Tough game as Ayr have been on fire so far but it's a great chance to progress to a quarter final. I'd start Stokes as he needs game time and leave out Dylan to rest him for Saturday. No wholesale changes.

I'm expecting a tough game from Ayr - I'm sure a chance to reach the quarter finals will not be taken lightly by NL (or the opportunity to bring in some decent TV/Gate cash from a potentially high profile game).

Agree that Stokes should be given some game time and that Dylan should drop out for a rest, apart from that it should be continue as you were from Saturday...

RoxburghHibs
08-08-2017, 04:33 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeouch
Swanson

Murray
Stokes

Subs:

Laidlaw
Fontaine
Porteous
F Murray
Whittaker
Boyle
Matulevicius (Dave)

ruthven_raiders
08-08-2017, 04:51 AM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
McGeouch
Swanson

Murray
Stokes

Subs:

Laidlaw
Fontaine
Porteous
F Murray
Whittaker
Boyle
Matulevicius (Dave)

Yup with Saturday in mind Gray and Mcgregor to get game time along with Stokes, also slivka too.

Ronniekirk
08-08-2017, 07:03 AM
I'm expecting a tough game from Ayr - I'm sure a chance to reach the quarter finals will not be taken lightly by NL (or the opportunity to bring in some decent TV/Gate cash from a potentially high profile game).

Agree that Stokes should be given some game time and that Dylan should drop out for a rest, apart from that it should be continue as you were from Saturday...

Bartley injured so wont feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
08-08-2017, 07:11 AM
laidlaw
gray
mcgregor
porteous
stevenson
murray
mcginn
whittaker
slivka
"dave"
stokes

Ell_Chrisso
08-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Not good for momentum, (or what id select) but this shows what we could do if everyone needed a rest...

Laidlaw
Porteus McGregor Fontaine
Gray Slivka Martin F.Murray Crane
Stokes Dave

GloryGlory
08-08-2017, 07:19 AM
Not good for momentum, (or what id select) but this shows what we could do if everyone needed a rest...

Laidlaw
Porteus McGregor Fontaine
Gray Slivka Martin F.Murray Crane
Stokes Dave

Crane's out on loan ISTR.

Heisenberg
08-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Marciano

McGregor
Porteous
Fontaine

Gray
Slivka
F.Murray
McGinn
Stevenson

Stokes
Big Dave

ian cruise
08-08-2017, 07:26 AM
I'd not make wholesale changes however there are a few I'd rest.

Rocky
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle McGinn Slivka Swanson
Stokes Murray

Give Fraser Murray and Dave at least 30 mins run out.

I'd like to have a game with Hanlon and McGregor together before Rangers to see what we'd be more comfortable with defender wise. They were fantastic together last season but it's been a few months since they played a competitive game together.

Definitely give Slivka a run out, plus a rest for Dylan before Rangers is not a bad idea, think hell be an important player for us Saturday as he was in 5he Cup final.

Important Stokes gets a bit more game time before Saturday, plus I'd like to see how he and Murray work together. Obviously it didn't work for him and Cummings together but I think he'll form a better partnership with Simon. I'd start Murray because he's in good form and another goal will just add to his confidence, plus he's still getting used to the new role Lennon has asked of him (sticking between the posts) but it's paying off. Depending on performance/fitness either Stokes, Murray, Boyle or Swanson could make way for big Dave.

I don't think it will be a walk in the park, Ayr are no push overs, but I believe we've enough to go through comfortably in the end. 3 nil Hibs. Still hoping I can make it through.

Ronniekirk
08-08-2017, 07:46 AM
I'd not make wholesale changes however there are a few I'd rest.

Rocky
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle McGinn Slivka Swanson
Stokes Murray

Give Fraser Murray and Dave at least 30 mins run out.

I'd like to have a game with Hanlon and McGregor together before Rangers to see what we'd be more comfortable with defender wise. They were fantastic together last season but it's been a few months since they played a competitive game together.

Definitely give Slivka a run out, plus a rest for Dylan before Rangers is not a bad idea, think hell be an important player for us Saturday as he was in 5he Cup final.

Important Stokes gets a bit more game time before Saturday, plus I'd like to see how he and Murray work together. Obviously it didn't work for him and Cummings together but I think he'll form a better partnership with Simon. I'd start Murray because he's in good form and another goal will just add to his confidence, plus he's still getting used to the new role Lennon has asked of him (sticking between the posts) but it's paying off. Depending on performance/fitness either Stokes, Murray, Boyle or Swanson could make way for big Dave.

I don't think it will be a walk in the park, Ayr are no push overs, but I believe we've enough to go through comfortably in the end. 3 nil Hibs. Still hoping I can make it through.

Be interested to see if he leaves Ambrose outThat run along our back line on Saturday when he then lost possession could of been punished But agree Hanlon and McGregor were our best partnership and would be good to see them back together
Josh Windasslooked quick for gers via Motherwell so N L will be looking at how to nullify that threat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makaveli1875
08-08-2017, 07:48 AM
rocky

gray
hanlon
mcgregor
stevenson

slivka
SJM
F.Murray
boyle

Stokesy
Murray

B.H.F.C
08-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Could see Hanlon being left out so he's ok for Saturday. 2 games in 3 days after the length of time he's been out would maybe be pushing him a bit.

erin go bragh
08-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Rocky

McGregor
Ambrose
Porteous

Gray
Whittaker

Swanson
SJM
McGeough

Murray
Vicious

col02
08-08-2017, 10:56 AM
3-5-2 for me tonight. I'd like to see the bulk of the team being the one that'll play against Rangers.

GK Marciano
CB Hanlon
CB Ambrose
CB McGregor
Lwb Stevenson
Rwb Gray
CM McGinn
CM Whittaker
CM Slivka
CF Stokes
CF Murray

Strong bench to choose from Laidlaw, Fontaine, Swanson, Boyle, Bartley if fit F.Murray if not, Big Dave and McGeogh.

Mr_F
08-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Laidlaw

Gray Porteous Fontaine Stevenson

Slivka Whitty F.Murray

Swanson

Stokes Big Dave

JimboHibs
08-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Strongest 11 for me,let's win the game then we can worry about resting folk.