PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: AYR UNITED TICKETS NOW ON GENERAL SALE

RSS Bot
07-08-2017, 11:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7760)

Keith_M
07-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Not exactly been oversubscribed by Season Ticket holders so far.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Not exactly been oversubscribed by Season Ticket holders so far.

Should have made it automatic enrolment for home season ticket holders, as they did for away ones

07-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Hopefully it's mostly just people knowing they'll get a ticket no problem so not rushing.

jgl07
07-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Should have made it automatic enrolment for home season ticket holders, as they did for away ones
Why?

Albanian Hibs
07-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Taking my son tomorrow and have opted for FF lower instead of my usual singing section seat.

Hibeewilly
07-08-2017, 02:53 PM
I've bought my tickets with the STH discount but I think for these cup games the prices are too expensive. £10 for adults and £5 for concessions would have been more realistic and would have attracted bigger crowds IMO. Its only my opinion but have gauged that having spoken to numerous season ticket holders and regular attendees that wont pay these prices. My mentality is such that I will never miss any game but everyone is entitled to pick and choose and unfortunately these games are not particularly attractive to some

Hibeewilly
07-08-2017, 02:56 PM
That would be highly controversial! If the club had made us a cup top up offer of some kind then that would be different

BoomtownHibees
07-08-2017, 02:56 PM

No they shouldn't and they shouldn't have for Away Season Tickets either

GORDONSMITH7
07-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Taking my son tomorrow and have opted for FF lower instead of my usual singing section seat.

I have heard you singing Alana. Good move.:wink:

GGTTH

BIG G

Albanian Hibs
07-08-2017, 04:35 PM
I have heard you singing Alana. Good move.:wink:

GGTTH

BIG G

😂😂😂

lucky
07-08-2017, 04:49 PM

Then ST sales would have plummeted. Not everyone can make midweek games and some might not have the cash for this one

hibby6270
07-08-2017, 05:24 PM

I disagree as far as home STH being automatically opted in for cup games.

I will always go to these games, if I'm here to attend. Case in point though was I wasn't around for the first LC game against Montrose and much as I try my best to support the club financially (merchandise, programmes, pie&bovril at half time), I'm loathed to hand over money for a game I know I'm not going to.

On the other hand, the Cup Top Up I didn't mind. Yes it was paying up front and yes it could be a gamble as far whether it was of value.

It's same old story. One scheme suits some, whilst another scheme doesn't. The club will never please all of the people all of the time.

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2017, 05:40 PM

It should be automatically included on your season ticket as part of the price.

RoxburghHibs
07-08-2017, 05:56 PM

This would cost Hibs a fortune so I don't agree to be honest.

hibee_girl
07-08-2017, 06:30 PM

Didn't we used to get at least one cup game free on our season tickets? (I'm talking about 20 years ago right enough :greengrin )

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Didn't we used to get at least one cup game free on our season tickets? (I'm talking about 20 years ago right enough :greengrin )

:agree: I'm pretty sure cup games were included in the old days.

therealgavmac
07-08-2017, 07:52 PM
I have to make a confession....... I have a season ticket to watch egg-chasing..... (I did play for 25 years) and I am a season ticket holder at Scarlets in Llanelli....

My point though, season tickets include all European group games (3 at home) then if Scarlets qualify from the group you would then pay for any further games....... this worked for the PRO12 playoffs too..... mind you, all games were away.... and we still won it!

Maybe this could be done the same..... LC group games included in season tickets, but then all others are paid for?

Glory Lurker
07-08-2017, 07:54 PM

:agree: They were. And pre-season friendlies. Financial madness!

Hibbyradge
07-08-2017, 07:55 PM

All cup games used to be included, but we still gave the opponents half of the corresponding gate money.

No club could afford to do that now.

Danderhall Hibs
08-08-2017, 07:03 AM
All cup games used to be included, but we still gave the opponents half of the corresponding gate money.

I know - finances have changed. How did they afford it in the past?

Although I do think pre season games should be included on the ST.

SON OF PADDY
08-08-2017, 07:55 AM
I'm Looking forward to the game tonight, weather's ment to be decent to !

Get yourself down and support the boy's.😁

JimBHibees
08-08-2017, 08:16 AM
I'm Looking forward to the game tonight, weather's ment to be decent to !

Get yourself down and support the boy's.😁

Yep forecast looks good, school holidays and looking like decent weather so think there will be a good number of walk ups tonight. Should be a decent game and Ayr will be coming with confidence having beaten Killie and won all their games thus far that they can cause us problems. Think they are full time now so will be a decent challenge.

madhatter
08-08-2017, 08:52 AM
I've bought my tickets with the STH discount but I think for these cup games the prices are too expensive. £10 for adults and £5 for concessions would have been more realistic and would have attracted bigger crowds IMO. Its only my opinion but have gauged that having spoken to numerous season ticket holders and regular attendees that wont pay these prices. My mentality is such that I will never miss any game but everyone is entitled to pick and choose and unfortunately these games are not particularly attractive to some

I see where you are coming from but to those that "won't pay those prices", is £13.50 a huge difference to £10? Really? People will be paying good prices to see shows in the festival but can't justify paying a little over a tenner to see their team play in a cup they could potentially win. This logic is a bit messed up especially since the same fans would have pleaded for the club to get Stokes.

Club build one of the best squads we've ever had (certainly in a long long time) and people can't justify paying £13.50 to see them in a cup. I know money is tight and all that but plenty of these fans who couldn't justify paying to see the team all the way through the cup will pay premium to see them in a cup final...

Rant over, not targeting this at most fans but there is a percentage of supporters that honestly fall into the " I can't be bothered, its only Ayr" but also do the "come on Hibs spend the money and get Stokes" and "anybody got a ticket for the Cup Final?"...

JohnM1875
08-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Anyone know what time the ticket office is open today? Decided this morning that I fancy going tonight.

Keith_M
08-08-2017, 11:05 AM

I know - finances have changed. How did they afford it in the past?

Although I do think pre season games should be included on the ST.

Season Ticket sales used to be counted in the hundreds when I started attending matches (late 70s), so I don't think the club really missed out on much.

Doing the same with over 12k ST holders would be financial suicide.

Billy McKirdy
08-08-2017, 11:08 AM
pay at the gate tonight?

TheGreenMan
08-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Dont know how much advertising or marketing we do for general sales but this game as well as the weekend plus Hamilton in 2 weeks time are the exact type of games we should be punting to tourists during the festival, its the first thing I'd check if abroad to see what games are on etc but we should have someone out selling tickets on the main tourist streets

Keith_M
08-08-2017, 11:15 AM
If anyone's planning on doing a Dot Count for tomorrow's game, I'd recommend a change of tactic and count the tickets sold, instead of the seats remaining.

Going by the current online sales, it'll take a fraction of the time.

:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
08-08-2017, 11:17 AM
If anyone's planning on doing a Dot Count for tomorrow's game, I'd recommend a change of tactic and count the tickets sold, instead of the seats remaining.

Going by the current online sales, it'll take a fraction of the time.

Maybe that's the problem.... people are looking for a game listed as tomorrow night.... :wink:

WeeRussell
08-08-2017, 11:45 AM
pay at the gate tonight?

Looking to know the same thing - I'm assuming at best it'll be 'buy yer tickets at the wee pods' before going in?

Since90+2
08-08-2017, 11:59 AM
When was the last time it was literally pay at the gate? The pod system has been in place for years now.

WeeRussell
08-08-2017, 12:05 PM
When was the last time it was literally pay at the gate? The pod system has been in place for years now.

I have no idea, but it sounds like you'll be able to tell me.

I don't often get to two games on the trot due to playing on Saturdays, haven't been to a reduced-rate Tuesday night game in a while, and the set-up of the East stand made me wonder if the wee van AFTER you go up the hill meant that was exclusive to that stand... and also my memory isn't the best. I guess it was a stupid question though, given season tickets are auto-scanned now. Forgive me.

Could you forget the fact it was a silly question and maybe let us know if it is pay at the gate (whether literally or not) tonight then? :greengrin

SRHibs
08-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Is tonight's game on TV?

Hermit Crab
08-08-2017, 12:08 PM

About 8 years ago? Cash gates were done away with after someone was caught feathering their nest were they not?

Oscar T Grouch
08-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Is tonight's game on TV?

No, unless you're abroad and have Hibs TV membership. Televised games this week are Celtic vs Killie and the Dundee derby

Keith_M
08-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Maybe that's the problem.... people are looking for a game listed as tomorrow night.... :wink:

I'm in a different time zone

Sean1875
08-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Just had a look at e-ticketing site and both end sections of the east are now yellow with a big chunk of tickets in the middle of each section now unavailable.. any ideas why? Seems strange considering the rest of the stand (bar the middle section) still remains green

Albanian Hibs
08-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Just had a look at e-ticketing site and both end sections of the east are now yellow with a big chunk of tickets in the middle of each section now unavailable.. any ideas why? Seems strange considering the rest of the stand (bar the middle section) still remains green

For the pods?

CraigHibee
08-08-2017, 03:11 PM
i'm missing the game again, my back is still donald ducked and i can hardly walk the length of myself, bad enough missing saturdays game.

Danderhall Hibs
08-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Season Ticket sales used to be counted in the hundreds when I started attending matches (late 70s), so I don't think the club really missed out on much.

Doing the same with over 12k ST holders would be financial suicide.

Couldn't have been in the hundreds - there are thousands of folk that claim to have been a ST holder for 40 years plus. :greengrin

Hibby70
08-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Lovely night for football.

(If this bloody train actually arrives!!)

DTS
08-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Lovely night for football.

(If this bloody train actually arrives!!)

Huge issue just outside haymarket, all trains on the Livingston north line were cancelled