PDA

View Full Version : Well done

partickthistle
06-08-2017, 02:59 PM
By far the better team won yesterday. We were good for the first 10 minutes then hibs completely dominated. If I'm being honest the only reason we didn't lose more in the second half was because your players took the foot of the pedal.
Simon Murray in particular was outstanding
Score aside was a great day out was in the pubs around leith walk till about 8pm and was absolutely hammered going back to Glasgow
Both before and after game great chatting to hibbeeS it's completely the opposite to when we play celtic and rangers.

By the way what's happening with Brian Graham - we desperately need a striker and a couple of people have said we might be linked, has anyone heard anything?

All the best for rest of season and in particular next weekend

Libby Hibby
06-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Swap deal for Chris Erskine please.

All the best for the best for the season, you have a nice solid side. Take all available points off of Hearts and allow us maximum when we play you, that's all we can ask.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2017, 03:12 PM
By far the better team won yesterday. We were good for the first 10 minutes then hibs completely dominated. If I'm being honest the only reason we didn't lose more in the second half was because your players took the foot of the pedal.
Score aside was a great day out was in the pubs around leith walk till about 8pm and was absolutely hammered going back to Glasgow
Both before and after game great chatting to hibbeeS it's completely the opposite to when we play celtic and rangers.

By the way what's happening with Brian Graham - we desperately need a striker and a couple of people have said we might be linked, has anyone heard anything?

Cheers for that.

I was delighted with Hibs. I was concerned that Thistle's experience of SPFL football might give them an edge, but after the opening spell, Hibs showed their character and ability.

Some hibs supporters don't rate Brian Graham and would be happy for him to leave, but if he's good enough for Neil Lennon, he's good enough for me. There is chat about him moving though, so it's possible he'll end up in Maryhill.

Pete
06-08-2017, 03:12 PM
I think Graham will be released should anyone else becomes interested as I don't think he's in our plans. He's a decent player and could do a job.

Glad you enjoyed Edinburgh/Leith. That area is hard to beat, especially when the festival is on.

BSEJVT
06-08-2017, 03:13 PM

Thanks.

Score excepted I am glad you had a good day

I must admit to being very worried for the first 10 minutes

Thistle keep and move the ball well but I would agree with you that it broke down a bit when it hit the forwards.

Sometimes Graham looks good but others .....

Unless we have our first 3 strikers injured / suspended he wont play for us

He seems a decent guy and I would be happy for him to be being played more at this stage of his career so a move would suit both parties.

Who knows how he might fare over a pro-longed run.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

SirDavidsNapper
06-08-2017, 03:17 PM

Appreciated. Thistle are a good bunch and a decent side. Thought the heads went down when Doolan went off.

3pm
06-08-2017, 03:17 PM

Thought the guy Barton (13) was good - is he one of your main men? Same with Keown (5?).

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2017, 03:26 PM
It was good to be at one of the games where you can chat away to opposition fans outside the pub before the game as we did yesterday and also have no need to tell them 'don't go that way mate' in case they walk into trouble ...... the vast majority of Hibs fans have a lot of time for supporters of west coast clubs who avoid the clutches of the ugly sisters, especially Partick Thistle fans who are most in danger of temptation when they are kids.

If you ask me I've always thought Partick Thistle should work harder to promote themselves as Glasgow's sane alternative to the green and blue cesspool and by that I mean do it actively ...... Instead of the current image of being to an extent seen as the cuddly wee club beloved of Glasgow's 'luvvies' and intelligencia and being happy with that, they should push the club as one whose fans are just as passionate as those of every other club ( I'm not suggesting they aren't now ) but whose culture isn't to prove that by beating up other fans for wearing the wrong colours or learning the words to songs that have sod all to do with Scotland, never mind Scottish football.

With a bit of hard work and imagination Partick Thistle could be a club with 10,000 at every home game ..... 10,000 folk who are passionate about their club and passionate about football and who revel in the image they would gain very quickly of having the perceived Glasgow passion for the beautiful game, but with all the rubbish bits left in the bin of history where they belong.

All you need is a Leeann Dempster :greengrin

Speedway
06-08-2017, 03:45 PM

Always liked Partick and thought your display against St. Mirren was superb. I thought you were going to rout them by 7 or 8 at one stage.

Thought you looked decent yesterday and I reckon you've got the league's most underrated goalkeeper.

All the best to you for the season ahead.

Nemo
06-08-2017, 04:01 PM

much appreciated comments

its one of those fixtures i have no hesitation in taking the kids to,

which if we're to grow and maintain the game in Scotland we very much need more of.

Don't get me wrong i like the derbies and OF games for a bit of bite, but also enjoy taking the wee ones along to games.

Your boys will be fine i reckon, they pass and move very well, Barton looks a player.

High-On-Hibs
06-08-2017, 04:10 PM

Think most Partick fans will feel that their team were a bit under par yesterday. They'll have better games than that throughout the season i'm sure. A good well drilled side who have established themselves well in the premiership.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Their number 10 was very good I thought.

bingo70
06-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Their number 10 was very good I thought.

Chris erskine I think?

He's one of these guys that looks about as much like a footballer as I do but he seems to be strangely effective. I remember we were linked with him before he signed for Dundee Utd so I checked YouTube and he looked utter *****. Seemed to have forged a decent career though so think he's just a better player than he looks at first.

Iceman1875
06-08-2017, 04:59 PM
I thought Erskine was pretty ineffective and slow. Opinions eh!

I did rate your number 13 though, good player. Thought Booth played okay too.

Best of luck for the season [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
06-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Thanks Partick Thistle.
Those 1st 10 minutes your lot passed the ball well and kept it off us. I thought perhaps there really is a BIG gap between the Championship and the SPL, but once our boys stepped up a few gears our quality shone through.
Your team will be hard to beat this season and I'm sure that with a couple of additions, especially up front, you will have another strong campaign.
Take points off Hearts and Sevco and I'll be eternally grateful.

Arch Stanton
06-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Our strike force wasn't as effective last year as they should have been (I'll not hijack the thread to share my expert analysis with you :greengrin) - we just didn't find an effective pairing and Graham got stick for his performances - unjustly in my view and in his view as well I'm pretty sure.

If he was getting regular games and getting decent service I think he would do fine.

Oh, and well done to Glasgow's decent football supporters. :agree: