PDA

View Full Version : The Rules of Football

hibee1875
06-08-2017, 01:48 PM
A lot inside ER yesterday need to brush up on their knowledge of the rules of football.

Yesterday Efes yellow. If you require the physio on as a result of a challenge where the opposition player is booked you do not need to leave the field of play after treatment.

If a player has left the field of play, they cannot then re enter until the ball is in play.

Couldn't believe the amount of folk going mental at the thistle player not going off and the ref not allowing efe back on until the free kick was taken.

macca70
06-08-2017, 01:51 PM
A lot inside ER yesterday need to brush up on their knowledge of the rules of football.

Yesterday Efes yellow. If you require the physio on as a result of a challenge where the opposition player is booked you do not need to leave the field of play after treatment.

If a player has left the field of play, they cannot then re enter until the ball is in play.

Couldn't believe the amount of folk going mental at the thistle player not going off and the ref not allowing efe back on until the free kick was taken.

To be fair I think a few were also booing as they were disgruntled at the decision and although Efe fouled the guy he also caught Efe and folk maybe felt the ref could also have had a word with the Thistle player.

speedy_gonzales
06-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Aye, a lot of folk around me in the East were going apoplectic because the Thistle lad didn't (need) to leave the field.
I think the ruling started last season but some folk haven't cottoned on.

High-On-Hibs
06-08-2017, 02:05 PM
We don't need to brush ourselves up on the rules of football. The rules of football need to be brushed up.

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2017, 02:16 PM
These technical rules always take a while to filter down to the fans ..... I remember not long after the pass back rule came in fans at ER screaming for a free kick when a defender kneed the ball back to the keeper.

The rule covering reintroduction of an injured player to the field of play is ridiculous .... yesterday's example left Hibs short of a defender at a free kick, which is in effect punishing a team because one of its players has had to leave the field after treatment for an injury .... I cant see the fairness in that.

greenlex
06-08-2017, 02:21 PM
These technical rules always take a while to filter down to the fans ..... I remember not long after the pass back rule came in fans at ER screaming for a free kick when a defender kneed the ball back to the keeper.

The rule covering reintroduction of an injured player to the field of play is ridiculous .... yesterday's example left Hibs short of a defender at a free kick, which is in effect punishing a team because one of its players has had to leave the field after treatment for an injury .... I cant see the fairness in that.
If he hadn't been booked they would both have had to go off. We could have been left short because of injury at any time. That rules been there for donkeys. If a player has been injured and needs treatment after being fouled by s bookable challenge I think it's a good thing he doesn't have to go off. I think the change is for the better.

bingo70
06-08-2017, 02:33 PM
I'm going to hold my hand up and didn't know the rules had changed, I thought it was still the case that both had to leave the park if injured.

When did it change or have I always been wrong?

hibee1875
06-08-2017, 02:49 PM
I'm going to hold my hand up and didn't know the rules had changed, I thought it was still the case that both had to leave the park if injured.

Start of last season. First game of the season last year Neilson was going mad as a Celtic player didn't go off in these circumstances. Forth official had to remind him

Franck Stanton
06-08-2017, 03:19 PM

Me too also. Learn something new every day.

RoYO!
06-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Very little need for the tone of the OP imo.

But hey, points scored.

BigT-Hibeez
06-08-2017, 03:56 PM

But hey, points scored.

I agree

weecounty hibby
06-08-2017, 04:42 PM
I was one of those folk shouting at the ref for this. I had no idea this had been changed but 10/10 for the OP being one of the cleverest people inside ER yesterday

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 04:47 PM

But hey, points scored.

The OP needs to edge up sharpish. There are no rules. There are laws.

Mibbes Aye
06-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Peter Goldstein has been taking a slighly irreverent look at the Laws of Football, in a series of articles on Football365.com this summer.

I've linked the first one here (http://www.football365.com/news/footballs-laws-the-pitch-the-goals-the-flags), the rest should be easily found through the F365 site or google.

Interesting, humorous and sometimes surprising read

tamig
06-08-2017, 06:27 PM

But hey, points scored.

Agreed to an extent but it was annoying for folk who keep up with the rule changes.

CMac1988
06-08-2017, 06:30 PM
For some reason at the back of my mind I was aware of the change but had completely forgotten about it. I'll be honest in being a bit 'bemused' but the gent behind quickly explained the situation and that was that.

linlithgowhibbie
06-08-2017, 06:34 PM
I also thought it odd that the ref had the same colour shorts and socks as Partick and the 4th official was all in black very similar to Partick.

Didnt stop my enjoyment of the game tho:thumbsup:

Northernhibee
06-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Yesterday Efes yellow.

That should be 'Yesterday, Efe's yellow".

Some people on .net need to brush up on punctuation.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 06:38 PM
I also thought it odd that the ref had the same colour shorts and socks as Partick and the 4th official was all in black very similar to Partick.

Didnt stop my enjoyment of the game tho:thumbsup:

I thought that too
I was aware of the law when Ambrose went off, but still totally confused with the current offside law. As it's supposed to favour the attacking team, why when most of your body is onside, but your head is fractionally off, are you deemed offside?
The ball has to be completely over the line to be a goal

hibee1875
06-08-2017, 06:38 PM

But hey, points scored.

Sorry buddy. Next time I'll add some emojis.

Ffs tone. Actual wtf 😂

greenlex
06-08-2017, 06:39 PM
I thought that too
I was aware of the law when Ambrose went off, but still totally confused with the current offside law. As it's supposed to favour the attacking team, why when most of your body is onside, but your head is fractionally off, are you deemed offside?
The ball has to be completely over the line to be a goal
Any part of the body you can score with?

Tom Hart RIP
06-08-2017, 07:00 PM
There was a game last year when a hibs player who had received treatment and walked off despite the opponent being booked.
Can't remember the game or player but definitely noticed at the time.
Anyone else remember or did I dream it?

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Can anyone clarify the law for this season, on players getting booked, after scoring and running behind the goals to celebrate, has this changed?

ancient hibee
06-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Perhaps it's changed to running into the marquee:greengrin

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Perhaps it's changed to running into the marquee:greengrin

😄
There wasn't a marquee at Celtic Park or Rugby Park yesterday, O'Halloran ran into the St Johnstone support after scoring. I'm all for this, just wonder if there has been a change

ancient hibee
06-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Don't think so.

Hfcwilson3192
07-08-2017, 02:25 AM
I was one of those folk shouting at the ref for this. I had no idea this had been changed but 10/10 for the OP being one of the cleverest people inside ER yesterday
Hahaha ae a never knew blatter supported the hibs like.