PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene tonight

hibee_girl
06-08-2017, 12:03 PM
We're back on it :greengrin

It's on early, 6pm on BBC2 then again at 11.15pm on BBC1 :aok:

hfc rd
06-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Jonathan Sutherland who hosts the show was outside the east yesterday interviewing folk.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2017, 12:11 PM
The repeat on BBC1 is in HD.

iwasthere1972
06-08-2017, 12:36 PM
The repeat on BBC1 is in HD.

HD Hibs Daft. I'll be watching it on that.

Just Jimmy
06-08-2017, 04:36 PM
will it be on iplayer?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
06-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Anyone else seen the montage advert for BBC coverage of the SPFL

Only 1 hibs image in it!

hibee_girl
06-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Our highlights starting now :flag:

High-On-Hibs
06-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Fair comments from Stewart and Thompson. Both think we'll do very well this season and praised the fans as well as the team. :thumbsup:

Jones28
06-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Fair comments alround there!

Lovely goal from Wotherspoon there

Jones28
06-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Wonder if dorrans will be cited for the GIUY gesture at the goal?

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Look away from the telly, Motherwell boss sounds like Craigan.
Seethe.

jacomo
06-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Some goal from O'Halloran btw.

Mikey09
06-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Really like the look of Scott Wright at Aberdeen. He's like Scott Allan with a good attitude.

Bam
06-08-2017, 11:54 PM
Enjoyed Sportscene tonight, had already seen our game so no further comment apart from more of the same please Hibs :pray: Unfortunately Aberdeen look very good, especially Christie and their young winger Scott Wright. Gardyne looked dangerous for Ross County as did Murray Davidson for St Johnstone

Think McCann could turn Dundee into a decent side as could that fat hun McCulloch for Killie

Huns are nothing special and we could do with another performance like today from Foderingham who looks like a weak link, Motherwell could have put a couple past him. Think they'll stay up, Hamilton to go down. To be honest can't see past ra Sellik to win the league unsurprisingly!

Have to say overall I don't mind either Michael Stewart or Steven Thompson, they're both quite engaging and clearly know what they're talking about

Hfcwilson3192
07-08-2017, 02:12 AM
Anybody else realise the only fans singing in the montage at the start of the programme are the hearts fans bit ironic seeing is they're the only fans in Scotland who dinni sing.

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2017, 02:19 AM
Anybody else realise the only fans singing in the montage at the start of the programme are the hearts fans bit ironic seeing is they're the only fans in Scotland who dinni sing.

that's not fair, when they've scored a goal(which i know is quite a rarity) they sing their only song...hertz hertz glorious hertz, then that's it over and done with until they score again in any following games, indeed the announcer at the midden normally has it blaring over the tannoy at the end of games, to drown out any booing

Hfcwilson3192
07-08-2017, 02:20 AM
that's not fair, when they've scored a goal(which i know is quite rare itself) they usually sing their only song...hertz hertz glorious hertz, then that's it over and done with until they score again in any following games
Very true bud forgot about that atrocious one song of theirs.

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2017, 02:26 AM
Very true bud forgot about that atrocious one song of theirs.

worth noting if/when they do sing their sad little song whilst playing us it is easily drowned out by our own version....s**te s**ite glorious s**te :thumbsup:

Hfcwilson3192
07-08-2017, 04:40 AM
worth noting if/when they do sing their sad little song whilst playing us it is easily drowned out by our own version....s**te s**ite glorious s**te :thumbsup:

It certainly is mate canny beat a wee rendition of that at Tynie like superb haha

Man Down Under
07-08-2017, 04:55 AM
Anybody else realise the only fans singing in the montage at the start of the programme are the hearts fans bit ironic seeing is they're the only fans in Scotland who dinni sing.That's cos they only sing when they're winning.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Jim44
07-08-2017, 06:05 AM
The Jambos were rank rotten but, given that the game was over, the Celtic defence was all over the shop when they conceded the goal.

ps The camera timing immediately after the first Celtic goal was brilliant - they caught Levein and Budge having a wee belly laugh.

Hibby70
07-08-2017, 06:17 AM
over and done with

Hearts fans singing Proclaimers songs now, whatever next!

hibee_girl
13-08-2017, 04:23 PM
No early show tonight, it's just on BBC1 at 10.30pm

MartinfaePorty
13-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Stephen Thompson said earlier on Radio Scotland that he thinks Stokes should have been sent off for his earlier challenge and, if not, a 2nd yellow for his part in the melee, so be prepared for some unbiased 'analysis'.

Ryan91
13-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Stephen Thompson said earlier on Radio Scotland that he thinks Stokes should have been sent off for his earlier challenge and, if not, a 2nd yellow for his part in the melee, so be prepared for some unbiased 'analysis'.

Of course, any analysis from Stephen when it comes to the Zombies is always completely unbiased.

green day
13-08-2017, 04:54 PM

Lets hope Mikey Stewart is on to give the other view.

Jones28
13-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Every week they change the time of this bloody circus.

greenlex
13-08-2017, 04:59 PM

He's possibly correct. Defo should have walked earlier but a 2nd yellow would be debateable.

Ozyhibby
13-08-2017, 05:00 PM
I can give an unbiased view now if you like. It was a harsh sending off but Jack was stupid enough to motion his head forward and he should know that usually results in a sending off if the ref sees it.
Stokes was very lucky not to be sent off and should have stayed well away from the trouble when it kicked off. I disagree with Thompson though on Stokes first booking. He thinks it's a straight red but for me it's just a booking. But Stokes could easily have been given a 2nd yellow in the rammy. Dodged a bullet.
These thing even out over a season though. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
13-08-2017, 05:01 PM
I think Stokes will be in bother if his head lock wrestle is aired.

I'm_cabbaged
13-08-2017, 05:04 PM

Already booked for it, nothing can be done now.

green day
13-08-2017, 05:04 PM
I can give an unbiased view now if you like. It was a harsh sending off but Jack was stupid enough to motion his head forward and he should know that usually results in a sending off if the ref sees it.
Stokes was very lucky not to be sent off and should have stayed well away from the trouble when it kicked off. I disagree with Thompson though on Stokes first booking. He thinks it's a straight red but for me it's just a booking. But Stokes could easily have been given a 2nd yellow in the rammy. Dodged a bullet.
These thing even out over a season though. [emoji23]

Yep, its a perfect one for us - he cant be pulled up over the first one as he was booked at the time, and (even with my green tinted specs on) he couldnt get more than a booking for the rammy......hence, he cant get pulled up for that one either after the event.

The huns will be beelin :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
13-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Already booked for it, nothing can be done now.

Ahh ok I wasn't sure if that was the one he was booked for or not.

Nae luck! :faf:

Mikey09
13-08-2017, 05:16 PM

He cant be punished any further for that as the ref dealt with it at the time. However be prepared for him to be offered a 1game ban for the other incident too appease the Huns.

where'stheslope
13-08-2017, 05:32 PM

You see it clearly on the BBC website, at first glance it looks as if Stoksie puts the head in, lucky laddie, but if its viewed by the powers that be, who knows what might happen?

Billy Whizz
13-08-2017, 05:38 PM
You see it clearly on the BBC website, at first glance it looks as if Stoksie puts the head in, lucky laddie, but if its viewed by the powers that be, who knows what might happen?

Think the SFA have got enough going this week to keep them busy
2 off at Killie V Hearts, and a lot more at Saints v Motherwell

OxoHibby
13-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Might not be popular on here but he has a point. If hack was a sending off then stokes was lucky earlier. First decision I can ever Rember us getting at greyskull or even ER against that lot. Makes it all the sweeter

brog
13-08-2017, 06:30 PM
I can't believe posters on here saying Stokes should have been sent off for his 1st foul. Given the location I accept it was possible but really all he did was pull the man back. If that was a red then we'll never finish a game with 11 a side. Jack's pull on Dylan was much worse & he would have had a yellow at worst had he not then put his head into Stokes.

greenlex
13-08-2017, 06:32 PM
I can't believe posters on here saying Stokes should have been sent off for his 1st foul. Given the location I accept it was possible but really all he did was pull the man back. If that was a red then we'll never finish a game with 11 a side. Jack's pull on Dylan was much worse & he would have had a yellow at worst had he not then put his head into Stokes.
He also had a wee dig at him with a semi hook as he was rag dolling him to the ground. He should have walked. If that had been the other way round we'd be howling for it and rightly so.

hibsbollah
13-08-2017, 06:33 PM

If that was a rangers player doing that id be absolutely raging. Stokes was very lucky indeed.

Joe6-2
13-08-2017, 06:34 PM

Offered his head 😬

Bishop Hibee
13-08-2017, 06:42 PM
On another day both Tavernier and Stokes could have been off for the first incident. I'm convinced Tavernier tries to elbow Stokes before he''s thrown to the ground. What a shame 😉

Spike Mandela
13-08-2017, 06:43 PM

He was yellow carded. No retrospective action.

Eyrie
13-08-2017, 06:46 PM
I know the first glance you're referring to and it was more like Stokes leaning towards Jack than an actual head butt. However someone posted a video on here of the incident seen from behind the goal where it was clear that Jack did thrust his head forward, which is a red card, and had a hold of Stokes' jersey, which may explain why it looked like Stokes was also guilty.

He also had a wee dig at him with a semi hook as he was rag dolling him to the ground. He should have walked. If that had been the other way round we'd be howling for it and rightly so.
Agree with this. But I don't think retrospective action can be taken because Stokes was booked.

hibsbollah
13-08-2017, 06:47 PM
I have already put a polyethelene protective panel in front of the TV in expectation that I will be hurling breakables at the screen when Stephen Thompshun inevitably starts his 'we wis robbed likesay' pish.

Heisenberg
13-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Stokes could get done for his part in the Jack sending off. Wouldn't be a surprise to see him and Lennon cited.

liscious_hibs
13-08-2017, 06:52 PM
On another day both Tavernier and Stokes could have been off for the first incident. I'm convinced Tavernier tries to elbow Stokes before he''s thrown to the ground. What a shame [emoji6]He does. From the angle on the highlights it really does seem like tavernier instigated that whole stramash by digging his elbow right in Stokseys throat. I'd have ragdolled him anaw for that. Quite possibly what stopped a red card as the ref seen it all. Both as culpable, so both only got yellows

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-08-2017, 06:53 PM
If Der Hun get their way then Stokes and Lennon will be doing a stretch in Saughton!

Sir David Gray
13-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Ibrox Stadium - The only place on planet Earth where cupping your ears is deemed a criminal offence.

Eyrie
13-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Ibrox Stadium - The only place on planet Earth where cupping your ears is deemed a criminal offence.

But they make up for it by deeming sectarian singing to be acceptable non-provocative and non-discriminatory behavior.

High-On-Hibs
13-08-2017, 07:11 PM

They should be grateful. It's the only thing they'll see there that takes the form of a cup for a very long time.

brog
13-08-2017, 08:22 PM
If that was a rangers player doing that id be absolutely raging. Stokes was very lucky indeed.

As i said, a Sevco player, Jack, did do exactly that, only worse IMO, & as Beaton turned away from the incident I doubt very much if Jack would have received red. As others have pointed out Tavernier had 2 or 3 digs at Stokes before he reacted. I think 2 yellows in 1st 5 minutes was sensible reffing for once.

AlbertK86
13-08-2017, 08:37 PM

Hopefully the beaks have this footage

https://twitter.com/benthetim/status/896661349161422848

--------
13-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Hopefully the beaks have this footage

https://twitter.com/benthetim/status/896661349161422848

What? :confused:

13-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Why is this not on atm?!

SirDavidsNapper
13-08-2017, 09:34 PM
What's going on???

MartinfaePorty
13-08-2017, 09:34 PM
By the way, not sure what McGeouch gets booked for. Thought the same watching it at the time.

SirDavidsNapper
13-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Where is it?

SRHibs
13-08-2017, 09:36 PM
It's on at 10:45.

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Delayed cos of the athletics.

cabbageandribs1875
13-08-2017, 09:43 PM
delay is due to the beeb taking instructions from sevco on what parts of the game they can show, honestly

SaulGoodman
13-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Very fair analysis imo

Topographic Hibby
13-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Very fair analysis imo
Agreed. Pretty fair and balanced analysis. Should have shown this at 5pm on Sat. Would have saved a lot of statements and petitions.

dp00
13-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Think stokes is very lucky to have stayed on the park, jack has to go for the forward movement. It's not very often we get the luck from refs in Glasgow so I'll take it

yonder1875
13-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Did Michael Stewart really just say that the sectarian abuse that Neil Lennon gets at Ibrox was "good natured banter"? Embarrassing.

Vault Boy
13-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Stokes needs to be more cute about it next time, he was very lucky to stay on the park. Can't really be too critical though, what a game and what a result.

Vault Boy
13-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Did Michael Stewart really just say that the sectarian abuse that Neil Lennon gets at Ibrox was "good natured banter"? Embarrassing.

No, he didn't.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-08-2017, 10:05 PM
O'halloran looks a player

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-08-2017, 10:07 PM
O'halloran looks a player

I'd have taken him btw. Mentioned it on here a while ago but got laughed at. Probably by the same folk that said Murray wasn't gonna be good enough...

SirDavidsNapper
13-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Jack deservedly sent off. Stokes very lucky.

yonder1875
13-08-2017, 10:08 PM
No, he didn't.

He singled out the Lennon gesture as inflammatory but then said the rest of it is good banter amongst the fans.

Calling someone a fenian this and fenian that isn't good banter.

ArmadaleHibs
13-08-2017, 10:09 PM

That's not what he said. He said a lot of what goes on is just banter

cleanyman
13-08-2017, 10:09 PM
He singled out the Lennon gesture as inflammatory but then said the rest of it is good banter amongst the fans.

He said banter

He didn't say calling someone a Fenian was banter

SaulGoodman
13-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Killie have a centre back pairing of Kirk Broadfoot and Gordon Greer the pace in that defence must be lightning fast :hilarious

The_Todd
13-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Lafferty... :faf:

The_Horde
13-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Jack deservedly sent off. Stokes very lucky.

Dorrans lucky too, if the stokes strangle is the barometer for this.

cleanyman
13-08-2017, 10:13 PM
That Killie defence has to change or they're down

Motherwell look woeful as well

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Killie have a centre back pairing of Kirk Broadfoot and Gordon Greer the pace in that defence must be lightning fast :hilarious

In addition to Hamilton, they're another team km itching to play and give a right royal hiding to! As you say, broadfoot and Greer at the back.... 😂😂😂 Murray,Boyle, stokes and Swanson are gonna have a field day

Thecat23
13-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Lafferty... :faf:

He's brutal he really is. I'd take Rowan Vine before that streak of pish.

👀 Oops, to far?

Hibs90
13-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Failed to show Dorrans choking Slivka but happily show Stokes.
Not a single mention of the sectarian abuse dished out to Lennon. Poor from BBC but what did you expect.

cabbageandribs1875
13-08-2017, 10:17 PM
that rugby park pitch is simply not acceptable for us to play our sexy football on

DavidDavidGray
13-08-2017, 10:22 PM

Looks like he's seen this, just addressed it on his Twitter

Vault Boy
13-08-2017, 10:23 PM

He said banter

What they said. ^

Of course it isn't, I'm sure MS would agree. Misrepresenting what Stewart said in this way helps nobody.

JimboHibs
13-08-2017, 10:25 PM
I'd have taken him btw. Mentioned it on here a while ago but got laughed at. Probably by the same folk that said Murray wasn't gonna be good enough...

Evidence it was the same folk that said it ?

RossScott1991
13-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Hamilton and Killie deserve to be relegated for the shocking playing surfaces alone.

Nice penalty from Allan...

Humo
13-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Not a single mention of the sectarian abuse dished out to Lennon. Poor from BBC but what did you expect.100% should of got sent off

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170813/efc1499f1686295fc20127b1219b7655.jpg

Sylar
13-08-2017, 10:47 PM

Sorry, but I agree with him.

If Jack's 'challenge' was a red card, Stokes should have gone long before him.

Thankfully the ref didn't see it that way. And thankfully further that he didn't see the need to give Stokes a second yellow for his roll in that stramash.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that the SPFL will rescind Jack's red, whatever their motivation for doing so...

SRHibs
13-08-2017, 10:48 PM
100% should of got sent off

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170813/efc1499f1686295fc20127b1219b7655.jpg

Be interested to hear Slivka's thoughts on the whole experience. Some atmosphere to get his first start in!

CRAZYHIBBY
13-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Slivka looks a bit like cummings in some pics

matty_f
13-08-2017, 10:54 PM
I thought Stokes was lucky to stay on, but the same can be said for a few of the Rangers players, either for violent conduct our persistent fouling.

snooky
13-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Hamilton and Killie deserve to be relegated for the shocking playing surfaces alone.

Nice penalty from Allan...

How bad was ... 1) Scott Allan 2) Kirk Broadfoot
O dear.

Forgot to mention Dallas's missed penalty call for the Jags. Cluck! cluck! cluck!

SirDavidsNapper
13-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Killie are a club that need to go down and have done for a number of years. Might galvanize them a bit.

SRHibs
13-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Killie are a club that need to go down and have done for a number of years. Might galvanize them a bit.

Talking like a man who speaks from experience (unfortunately)!

SirDavidsNapper
13-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Talking like a man who speaks from experience (unfortunately)!Very true [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

LaMotta
13-08-2017, 11:39 PM

Its what Mikey Stewart didnt say that was the issue.

No mention on the TV of the abuse Lennon recieved. Although he tweeted about it later :hmmm:

NAE NOOKIE
13-08-2017, 11:52 PM
The Hibs game has been discussed enough, so all I'll say is it was great to watch and Murray and Slivka's goals get better every time you see them.

I was worried about Hamilton after what looked like a good result, but Dundee carved them open time and again, 3 - 0 didn't reflect the game at all ..... nice finish by the young lad Boyd though.

Killie look absolutely woeful, it says everything about the Yams that they couldn't put them away by more, how the hell can a guy so clearly out of shape as Boyd get a game in the top flight? .... most clubs would fine a player for turning up after his summer holidays in that state, never mind give him a starting place two games into the season ..... As for Laugherty :faf:

St Johnstone look half decent ..... Motherwell look shocking, relegation fodder as it stands.

Partick were a wee bit unlucky not to draw, shocking decision not to give them a pen ..... I hope Celtic are that lacklustre when we play them.

Aberdeen look the real deal, quick and direct, though Ross County still managed to make a few chances and what a cracking goal that shot off the bar would have been.

You should not, under any circumstances, be allowed to play in the premiership with an artificial pitch, they look absolutely rubbish and I remain to be convinced they play the same as grass pitches ............ I hope Hibs never ever consider it.

Lee0762
14-08-2017, 06:26 AM
That ball from McGinn to Murray though. Peach.

-Jonesy-
14-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Be interested to hear Slivka's thoughts on the whole experience. Some atmosphere to get his first start in!

To be fair he stood his ground and gave it right back. I'll bet he's wondering why any team would fear rangers at all.

Jones28
14-08-2017, 08:43 AM

If that brush with Tavernier had been the other way around we would be fuming and it probably would have gone in to the thread about the worst refereeing decisions against rangers.

Tom Hart RIP
14-08-2017, 09:03 AM

I like MS but couldn't believe he said that

JimBHibees
14-08-2017, 09:06 AM

That's what it sounded like incredible.

JimBHibees
14-08-2017, 09:08 AM
He said banter

He's not a stupid man and didn't differentiate, poor comment by him imo.

Johnny Clash
14-08-2017, 09:32 AM
I like MS but couldn't believe he said that

I can only think he's not thought that one through.

Sure, Neil Lennon himself has referred to some of the abuse he gets as 'pantomime'. He's the man they love to hate type thing. However I am pretty certain he means the general abuse from supporters of clubs who do not spew sectarian bile at him. The sectarian hate can never be described as good natured banter!

Hibbyradge
14-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Not a single mention of the sectarian abuse dished out to Lennon. Poor from BBC but what did you expect.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20770166_1745935222101683_219834851548642566_n.jpg ?oh=6741b8c1588cecbb533b88873dea7110&oe=5A20E1F2

erin go bragh
14-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Yes Stokes was lucky to stay on the park but so was Tavernier ( he raised his hands and pushed Stokes .
It's about time we got a break at Greyskull . Handling was harshly sent off in the joke cup there .

Killiehibbie
14-08-2017, 10:13 AM
We couldn't complain if Stokes had been sent off but i'll gladly accept another 200 decisions going in our favour just to get things evened up a bit.

Argylehibby
14-08-2017, 11:20 AM
stokes could easily have gone off for the incident with Tavernier and I reckon he may have done but for the reaction of Tavernier. He probably should have walked for the incident with Jack but if he was sent off for it they would have been down to 9 as Dorrans would have gone too.

SirDavidsNapper
14-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Anyone else notice Ryan Jack was trying to get involved in everything? Brought it on himself.

NAE NOOKIE
14-08-2017, 11:36 AM
He's not a stupid man and didn't differentiate, poor comment by him imo.

No he's not a stupid man and I'm sure if he had that moment back he would structure what he said better .... but any suggestion that Michael Stewart condones sectarian behaviour is laughable. Without a doubt the best and most intelligent pundit on BBC Scotland, he saves that programme every bloody week.

Tom Hart RIP
14-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Craig Thomson sent off Motherwell defender for tripping The St J forward thus denying goal scoring opportunity.
Ignore the fact that there was no contact, I thought that the rules had changed and in these circumstances a yellow card and a penalty is sufficient punishment????
Yet when the rules stated that denying a goal scoring opportunity was an automatic ref card he didn't even book the Falkirk defender who brought down James Keatings as he was about to shoot from 6 yards in the play off second leg. I'd like to hear him explain that?

Aldo
14-08-2017, 12:51 PM

He's been dealt with already by the ref at the time so do t think they can look at that!

Billy Whizz
14-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Craig Thomson sent off Motherwell defender for tripping The St J forward thus denying goal scoring opportunity.
Ignore the fact that there was no contact, I thought that the rules had changed and in these circumstances a yellow card and a penalty is sufficient punishment????
Yet when the rules stated that denying a goal scoring opportunity was an automatic ref card he didn't even book the Falkirk defender who brought down James Keatings as he was about to shoot from 6 yards in the play off second leg. I'd like to hear him explain that?

http://www.essexfa.com/~/media/countysites/essexfa/documents/referees/laws-of-the-game-201718-law-changes.ashx

Read page 14

brog
14-08-2017, 02:21 PM
If that brush with Tavernier had been the other way around we would be fuming and it probably would have gone in to the thread about the worst refereeing decisions against rangers.

Presumably you think Dorrans should have gone as well then plus Jack immediately for his grab on Dylan's neck? In England you see much worse than those 3 incidents every week & a yellow card is invariably the result. IIRC the average number of red cards given in Scotland is about double that in England. Just because we're used to weak & crap refs plus pundits who have no idea about the game doesn't mean we have to flash a red card at every opportunity.

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 02:28 PM

Anyone who still forks out money to these rats via the TV licence needs to have a proper look at themselves.

Tom Hart RIP
14-08-2017, 02:36 PM
http://www.essexfa.com/~/media/countysites/essexfa/documents/referees/laws-of-the-game-201718-law-changes.ashx

Read page 14

Cheers. That's helpful. Had to read it four times before I understood.

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Anyone who still forks out money to these rats via the TV licence needs to have a proper look at themselves.

Doing that right now.

I've got a wee blemish on my chin, but other than that.... what is it I'm looking for?

hibbysam
14-08-2017, 02:55 PM

Only if you have made a proper attempt at playing the ball. Now in that case there was no contact and the boy dived, but if he did trip him then it would have been red as there wouldn't have been any attempt to tackle fairly.

James70
14-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Did I read somewhere that we had a goal chalked off at the start of the second half for a debatable offside? If so then they failed to show that on the highlights too. Also very little said about our 3rd wonderful goal, instead devoting most of the discussion as to why a Sevco player was sent off and not Stokes.

J-C
14-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Watched last night and felt Stokes was a lucky guy to stay on the park, got away with a yellow wrestling Tavernier but he did put his hand round Jack's neck before the attempted head butt, compliance officer may look at that. Could be a wee red coming his way unfortunately, good to see that commitment but we need him on the park, not in the stands.

Jim44
14-08-2017, 03:05 PM
No he's not a stupid man and I'm sure if he had that moment back he would structure what he said better .... but any suggestion that Michael Stewart condones sectarian behaviour is laughable. Without a doubt the best and most intelligent pundit on BBC Scotland, he saves that programme every bloody week.

I'm sure MS was referring to Lennon's ear-cupping as banter and not Sevco's venomous bigotry.

J-C
14-08-2017, 03:08 PM
I'm sure MS was referring to Lennon's ear-cupping as banter and not Sevco's venomous bigotry.

It was exactly that, he was talking about cupping his ears.

MyJo
14-08-2017, 03:25 PM
It was exactly that, he was talking about cupping his ears.

MS said lennon cupping his ears was nothing more than banter but he crossed the line by doing the get it right up ye gesture with his arms

Dinkydoo
14-08-2017, 03:32 PM
MS said lennon cupping his ears was nothing more than banter but he crossed the line by doing the get it right up ye gesture with his armsWhich is probably fair enough. Not that I want any sanctions, but a giruy probably crosses the line a bit. Not that they don't deserve it. I certainly gave my tele a big ol ****in' right up you myself :greengrin

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jones28
14-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Presumably you think Dorrans should have gone as well then plus Jack immediately for his grab on Dylan's neck? In England you see much worse than those 3 incidents every week & a yellow card is invariably the result. IIRC the average number of red cards given in Scotland is about double that in England. Just because we're used to weak & crap refs plus pundits who have no idea about the game doesn't mean we have to flash a red card at every opportunity.

Of course they all should have walked, Stokes had Tavernier almost in a choke hold which to my mind is as bad as what jack did and worse than what dorrans did to mcgeouch. If a red is a red then that's that, regardless of where you play.

Mick O'Rourke
14-08-2017, 03:49 PM
MS said lennon cupping his ears was nothing more than banter but he crossed the line by doing the get it right up ye gesture with his arms

Lets call for Lenny to give us a wave on Saturday.
We could respond to him by "cupping our ears"
If he doesn't respond, we could give him the giruy gesture . or do this....:na na:

where'stheslope
14-08-2017, 03:54 PM

Did the Yams Stevenson not get a Yellow at Easter Road for just 1 Cup to his ear in a cup game???

Mick O'Rourke
14-08-2017, 04:01 PM
I doubt very much this will end up in the law courts,as Lenny lawyers would have a field day.
If the suits at Hampden send him to the stands, he could give us all a laugh by sending someone down to the dugout with notes for Gary.

pollution
14-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Did I read somewhere that we had a goal chalked off at the start of the second half for a debatable offside? If so then they failed to show that on the highlights too. Also very little said about our 3rd wonderful goal, instead devoting most of the discussion as to why a Sevco player was sent off and not Stokes.

Open All Mikes said that Ambrose hit the bar, but no sign of it. Anyone at the game confirm?

Mick O'Rourke
14-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Did the Yams Stevenson not get a Yellow at Easter Road for just 1 Cup to his ear in a cup game???

Good job Lenny has only got two ears then!

The_Horde
14-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Watched last night and felt Stokes was a lucky guy to stay on the park, got away with a yellow wrestling Tavernier but he did put his hand round Jack's neck before the attempted head butt, compliance officer may look at that. Could be a wee red coming his way unfortunately, good to see that commitment but we need him on the park, not in the stands.

I wouldn't be so sure, because then he'd have to send dorrans off too.

Allant1981
14-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Open All Mikes said that Ambrose hit the bar, but no sign of it. Anyone at the game confirm?

yip, he had a header come down on top of the bar, think the keeper had it covered though, bbc highlights arent the best

Hibbyradge
14-08-2017, 04:59 PM

Are you encouraging people to break the law?

liscious_hibs
14-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Are you encouraging people to break the law?It's not illegal to not pay it in Scotland. They can't take you to court

Franck Stanton
14-08-2017, 06:04 PM
It's not illegal to not pay it in Scotland. They can't take you to court

Yes they can and do.

brog
14-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Of course they all should have walked, Stokes had Tavernier almost in a choke hold which to my mind is as bad as what jack did and worse than what dorrans did to mcgeouch. If a red is a red then that's that, regardless of where you play.

The reason I mentioned England is I think most people will believe their refs are a higher standard than our refs, certainly FIFA/UEFA think that way. Red cards for violent conduct are subject to interpretation, the statement commonly made by Scottish pundits, "he raised his hands so he had to go" is garbage. There is no definition of what constitutes violent conduct. I 100% understand where you're coming from & I certainly agree that Stokes was both silly & lucky. IMO however that's partly because in Scotland we've been conditioned to expect red cards for offences which would attract a yellow in many other countries.

liscious_hibs
14-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Yes they can and do.www.bbctvlicence.com/Tips%20for%20avoidng%20TVL-BBC%20harassment.htm

www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/13584077.No_one_jailed_in_Scotland_for_failing_to_ pay_TV_licence_in_Scotland__compared_to_score

You will literally just get a slap on the wrist. I meant you won't get a hefty fine lol I wasn't really thinking fast. I didn't pay it for years even though I had sky since I knew it wasn't a criminal offence, it's a civil one. And you don't have to let anyone in and of course you have to make them prove you have a telly which is impossible unless you have a subscription service like sky, virgin etc

Onion
14-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Good job Lenny has only got two ears then!

Can you imagine the teeth and outrage if Lennon had cupped his balls like that Yam, Nicholson ?

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2017, 06:39 PM
What was the 3rd red card for Motherwell for? Take away the fact it looks like the guy dived - I thought if you were given a penalty there was no red card? McGregor in the SC replay v Hearts as the example?

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Are you encouraging people to break the law?

Is it the law that everyone must pay a TV licence?

If that is the case. Then it's one I proudly break and will continue to do so.

Blaster
14-08-2017, 06:44 PM
What was the 3rd red card for Motherwell for? Take away the fact it looks like the guy dived - I thought if you were given a penalty there was no red card? McGregor in the SC replay v Hearts as the example?

Only if you make a genuine attempt to win the ball

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Is it the law that everyone must pay a TV licence?

If that is the case. Then it's one I proudly break and will continue to do so. What's your views on football clubs who don't pay their taxes?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 06:58 PM
What's your views on football clubs who don't pay their taxes?

Not even close to being comparable. TV licence money isn't Government money, it's BBC money. Money that is then spent disproportionately to appease those in a different country. No thanks.

HoboHarry
14-08-2017, 06:58 PM
What's your views on football clubs who don't pay their taxes?

:top marks

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Not even close to being comparable. TV licence money isn't Government money, it's BBC money. Money that is then spent disproportionately to appease those in a different country. No thanks.

It's an obligation to a public body, for the use of their services, and those of others, so it is comparable.

You probably don't know this, since you don't pay it, but that public body isn't the BBC, it's the TV Licensing Authority. And you need a licence to watch any channel, not just the BBC.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Only if you make a genuine attempt to win the ball

Cheers

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 07:11 PM
It's an obligation to a public body, for the use of their services, and those of others, so it is comparable.

You probably don't know this, since you don't pay it, but that public body isn't the BBC, it's the TV Licensing Authority. And you need a licence to watch any channel, not just the BBC.

The "TV Licensing Authority" is nothing more than a front. 100% of your licence money goes directly to the BBC. It may be the law that you need to pay that money to the BBC in order to watch the likes of Sky Sports and BT Sports. But it's a stupid, unjust law and I won't follow it. I feel no obligation whatsoever to give that hun loving, unionist propaganda mouthpiece a penny of my money.

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2017, 07:20 PM
The "TV Licensing Authority" is nothing more than a front. 100% of your licence money goes directly to the BBC. It may be the law that you need to pay that money to the BBC in order to watch the likes of Sky Sports and BT Sports. But it's a stupid, unjust law and I won't follow it. I feel no obligation whatsoever to give that hun loving, unionist propaganda mouthpiece a penny of my money.

No it doesn't.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/what-does-your-licence-fee-pay-for-top13

Personally, I always thought that Alf Grundy was more of a Yeovil Town man myself, but there you go.

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 07:22 PM
No it doesn't.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/what-does-your-licence-fee-pay-for-top13

Personally, I always thought that Alf Grundy was more of a Yeovil Town man myself, but there you go.

Sorry, my bad. Only 90% goes to the BBC. :rolleyes: I'll cough up £14.70 tommorow. :aok:

Joe6-2
14-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Peter & Roughie, guest Gordon Smith, signed for Oldco 40 years ago. He said they had just lost to the Dons, he signed, didn't play in the next game, against Hibs, which they also lost he added!!

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Sorry, my bad. Only 90% goes to the BBC. :rolleyes: I'll cough up £14.70 tommorow. :aok:

Thanks, Alf. That'll allow you to listen to the farming programmes with a clear conscience. :greengrin

High-On-Hibs
14-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Thanks, Alf. That'll allow you to listen to the farming programmes with a clear conscience. :greengrin

:greengrin

hhibs
14-08-2017, 08:48 PM

:top marks

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2017, 10:21 PM
It's not illegal to not pay it in Scotland. They can't take you to court

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkUtter nonsense it's law all over the UK

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
14-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Utter nonsense it's law all over the UK

I think there are exceptions where a tv can be purchased and used without a licence for playing DVDs and Games Consoles etc however the minute you begin watching or recording tv channels on it acquiring a licence becomes the law fortunately or unfortunately depending on a persons point of view on the licence debate.

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2017, 10:30 PM
I think there are exceptions where a tv can be purchased and used without a licence for playing DVDs and Games Consoles etc however the minute you begin watching or recording tv channels on it acquiring a licence becomes the law fortunately or unfortunately depending on a persons point of view on the licence debate.Don't get me wrong I don't agree with it 1 little bit and grudge every penny...but it is the law and u can be charged for not paying it

KWJ
14-08-2017, 10:31 PM
I don't pay for a tv license and I don't have any channels.

I do have a gaming console where I can download the likes of STV player, UK Gold Player, Channel 4 player etc. Not Iplayer obviously.

Looked into it a fair bit before doing this and pretty sure I'm okay.

I do wonder what the script is with TV license paying friends visiting and perhaps casting live tv to my telly or if I'm allowed to watch iplayer on my phone using someone elses wifi.

Tornadoes70
14-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Don't get me wrong I don't agree with it 1 little bit and grudge every penny...but it is the law and u can be charged for not paying it

I've read stories of them vigorously pursuing non payers through the courts.

KWJ
14-08-2017, 10:34 PM
FWIW I do this partly because I believe the BBC to be unjust towards Scottish viewers, partly because it's pish and partly because having lived overseas and not paid any such fees I'm huffy about doing so now I'm back. Council Tax was plenty.

Tornadoes70
14-08-2017, 10:37 PM
FWIW I do this partly because I believe the BBC to be unjust towards Scottish viewers, partly because it's pish and partly because having lived overseas and not paid any such fees I'm huffy about doing so now I'm back. Council Tax was plenty.

I think your'e definitely within your rights to use your tv for DVDs and Games Console use without a license.

:aok:

The_Sauz
14-08-2017, 11:13 PM
You don't need one to watch "Catch Up TV" or Box Sets outwith the BBC :agree:
Paying for a licence, is like paying for a pervert :greengrin
BBC = Big British Con
On a side note...did you know that Scotland get's the smallest return per head in licencing fees :agree:

You need to be covered by a TV Licence to

watch or record live TV programmes on any channel
download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.

This applies to any provider you use and any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

CropleyWasGod
16-08-2017, 06:40 AM
Don't get me wrong I don't agree with it 1 little bit and grudge every penny...but it is the law and u can be charged for not paying it

Sent from my SM-G920F using TapatalkPersonally, I'm happy to pay for the BBC's radio output alone. It's unique in its depth and diversity.

Iain G
16-08-2017, 07:24 AM

Funny, having lived overseas and dealt with godawful telly I'm more than happy to pay for the licence fee to fund the BBC :greengrin