PDA

View Full Version : McGeouch Injured????

1875STEVE
05-08-2017, 11:55 PM
Anyone see him doing the old groin stretching around the 70 minute mark???

Hope he is ok. deserves some luck with injuries.

DH1875
05-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Arguably our best player and genuinely think we are at our best when he is on the park.

SirDavidsNapper
06-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Bloody hope not. He's like a new signing.

monktonharp
06-08-2017, 12:21 AM

Hope he is ok. deserves some luck with injuries.never noticed that, thought he looked good.

1875STEVE
06-08-2017, 12:24 AM
never noticed that, thought he looked good.

It was my brother that noticed him doing it, I hadn't either, it didn't seem to hamper him tho, hopefully he was trying to keep it in good condition.

When he did it last season, it always seemed to end with him missing a few weeks.

pacorosssco
06-08-2017, 12:41 AM
Arguably our best player and genuinely think we are at our best when he is on the park.

Yes without knowing states id recon win ratio when he plays is higher when doesnt.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2017, 12:42 AM
It was my brother that noticed him doing it, I hadn't either, it didn't seem to hamper him tho, hopefully he was trying to keep it in good condition.

When he did it last season, it always seemed to end with him missing a few weeks.

I didn't see him do it but he does seem to do it a lot. Didn't notice today but if he was toiling he'd have been subbed.

Bob Box Fish
06-08-2017, 07:03 AM
He was doing it but carried on playing afterwards.

Libby Hibby
06-08-2017, 07:09 AM
He was stretching throughout the game, early on in the first half.

It could be an injury or it could be that he has been told to continually stretch through the game to help avoid it.

Brightside
06-08-2017, 07:11 AM

He does it all the time. Part of training, pre game, during and Post game. Just constantly stretching.

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2017, 07:19 AM
He does it all the time. Part of training, pre game, during and Post game. Just constantly stretching.

Now that Stokes has signed and McGinn looks to be staying we need something to worry about.

O'Rourke3
06-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Arguably our best player and genuinely think we are at our best when he is on the park.I'm a big fan but he gave the ball away a lot yesterday playing square passes across the defence. That's got to stop in this league.

BT58
06-08-2017, 07:34 AM
He lasted the whole game. He did speak to NL a few times on touchline But that was to pass info on to others. With this squad we may see some kind of rotation. Not a bad thing as it keeps the players aware that if you dont play well you could be out. Think NL may make a few changes for Ayr game.
GGTTH
B

Hibeewilly
06-08-2017, 07:45 AM
I'm a big fan but he gave the ball away a lot yesterday playing square passes across the defence. That's got to stop in this league.

I'm a big fan of Dylan too he is a great player. Unlike him but he gave the ball away 3 times in the first 10 minutes yesterday but then came onto his normal game and Hibs started to olay. As for the stretching he does it throughout the game when play stops - nothing to worry about

madhatter
06-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Said this on another thread - I thought he looked in pain when passing the ball when I could see him close to the West Stand near the end. Reminded me of when he scored against Aberdeen in the cup then had to go off.

Just seemed to be puffing his cheeks out and grimacing when passing (even if it was a 5 yard pass) and I think he's playing within himself a bit, his passing range has decreased a fair bit, don't think he played a pass longer than 20 yards all game and he used to switch the play a bit like McGinn if the chance came up.

Hopefully he isn't playing through pain, constant stretching is a bit of a worry. Is he the Hibs Ledley King? Good player hampered by injury?

bigwheel
06-08-2017, 07:54 AM

That's part of his maintenance....regular stretches...does it every game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacomo
06-08-2017, 08:20 AM
I'm a big fan but he gave the ball away a lot yesterday playing square passes across the defence. That's got to stop in this league.

Not his best game for sure.

But such a classy player. Let's hope he's now found a regime which will help him avoid all those niggly injuries.

Jones28
06-08-2017, 08:23 AM
He always does that, nothing to worry about.

Ronniekirk
06-08-2017, 08:42 AM
His condition means his training and conditioning has to be managed in order to maximise him getting more game time than in previous Seasons Think the door is being kept open for Commons as no guarantee Dylan can stay injury free for the Season But so far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
06-08-2017, 11:03 AM

He did in the 1st half then I noticed the Partick strip blended in with crowd, probably never saw the player, these all dark strips aren't easily seen.

hibee_girl
06-08-2017, 11:04 AM

He gave the ball away twice in the first 10 minutes, that's it. Hardly a lot.

BroxburnHibee
06-08-2017, 01:06 PM
I thought he tired in the 2nd half and would have been off for Slivka if Marv hadn't took a knock.

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2017, 01:15 PM
He did in the 1st half then I noticed the Partick strip blended in with crowd, probably never saw the player, these all dark strips aren't easily seen.

I find it a bit annoying when clubs wear their away strip and there's no colour clash ... when I watch Hibs v Partick Thistle I want them to look like Partick Thistle. I watched the game on ALBA this morning and at times you couldn't even see the Thistle players when they were in the half of the pitch shaded by the west stand.

malcolm
06-08-2017, 02:48 PM
I find it a bit annoying when clubs wear their away strip and there's no colour clash ... when I watch Hibs v Partick Thistle I want them to look like Partick Thistle. I watched the game on ALBA this morning and at times you couldn't even see the Thistle players when they were in the half of the pitch shaded by the west stand.

I agree it's not an 'away strip' it's a change strip that should only be used when playing away from home and there is a clash. I get that clubs want some exposure of the second strip to boost sales but wearing it for each game away from home is just wrong - like watching another team every second week.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2017, 02:55 PM
I thought Dylan was decent yesterday without playing his best, and unusually for him did give the ball away on a few occasions, just as well it wasn't Fraser Fyvie. :greengrin

BoltonHibernian
06-08-2017, 05:52 PM
I seen him doing it after celebrating the 2nd goal. Hope there's nothing in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
06-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Should definatley sit out Tuesday. Slivka should start. Need to manage him and we have a huge game at the weekend.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2017, 02:38 AM
Should definatley sit out Tuesday. Slivka should start. Need to manage him and we have a huge game at the weekend.

Slivka is a player and I think we will see him force himself into the team in the coming weeks, Mcgeoch can't keep fimself fit so Slivka will get chances to prove himself soon enough. I think we've got a right coup with him though.

SirDavidsNapper
07-08-2017, 02:40 AM
Slivka is a player and I think we will see him force himself into the team in the coming weeks, Mcgeoch can't keep fimself fit so Slivka will get chances to prove himself soon enough. I think we've got a right coup with him though.Yeah got to agree. Think he'll prove to be a good signing.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
07-08-2017, 07:45 AM
More worried about Murray saw him grabbing his hamstring when he lunged into a blocking tackle near the end of the game

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
07-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Is Sam nicholson alright? Seen him rubbing his baws about 18 months ago and haven't seen or heard him do anything since?

Hermit Crab
07-08-2017, 08:04 AM
Is Sam nicholson alright? Seen him rubbing his baws about 18 months ago and haven't seen or heard him do anything since?

Wrong thread ? :confused:

West lower
07-08-2017, 08:10 AM

A loose thread doon there's no' funny.

The_Horde
07-08-2017, 09:12 AM
He always does those stretches. Always has.

greenlex
07-08-2017, 09:37 AM
He always does those stretches. Always has.

Nicholson?

WeeRussell
07-08-2017, 11:16 AM

Nope - just a very poor sense of humour :greengrin

ian cruise
07-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Slivka is a player and I think we will see him force himself into the team in the coming weeks, Mcgeoch can't keep fimself fit so Slivka will get chances to prove himself soon enough. I think we've got a right coup with him though.

I've possibly picked you up wrong so apologies. Dylan has been extremely unfortunate with injuries it's not that he can't keep himself fit. While the end result is the same, we can't get the benefit of him on the pitch, saying he can't keep himself fit suggests that it's a choice or lack of application and nothing could be further from the truth.

WeeRussell
07-08-2017, 11:31 AM
I've possibly picked you up wrong so apologies. Dylan has been extremely unfortunate with injuries it's not that he can't keep himself fit. While the end result is the same, we can't get the benefit of him on the pitch, saying he can't keep himself fit suggests that it's a choice or lack of application and nothing could be further from the truth.

I think you've picked him up wrong and he was meaning the exact same thing as you've just explained :aok: