PDA

View Full Version : Team for Tuesday

hibee_girl
05-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Wonder what Lennon will do against Ayr, will Gray & McGregor get their places back? Stokes start?

staunchhibby
05-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Hope not to many changes.Lets keep rolling

heretoday
05-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Put the top side out and take them to the cleaners.

Bob Box Fish
05-08-2017, 09:46 PM
Said in his post match interview he doesn't want to tinker too much. Would be a good run out for stokes. Save mcgeouch for the Huns game ?

Nameless
05-08-2017, 09:53 PM
I think he needs to rotate some positions (with the huns game in mind) but still keep a modicum of continuity.

I fancy an attacking 4-3-3.

Laidlaw - needs a competitive game to avoid rust.

Gray - deserves a chance to stake a claim for the Huns game.

McGregor - Same as Gray.

Hanlon - more game time to support his comeback.

Stevenson - defensive continuity.

Swanson - for continuity.

F. Murray - to aide development.

Slivka - needs proper game time.

Stokes - for match sharpness.

S. Murray - he's on fire, and goals breed confidence.

Boyle - he is pretty much un-dropable at the minute.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

neil7908
05-08-2017, 09:59 PM
I'd make a few changes tbh. Give Gray, McGregor, Porteous, F Murray, Stokes and the two Lithuania's a start. We should have enough quality in the squad to cover ourselves for games like this.

hibee_girl
05-08-2017, 10:38 PM
I think he needs to rotate some positions (with the huns game in mind) but still keep a modicum of continuity.

McGregor - Same as Gray.

I'd make a few changes tbh. Give Gray, McGregor, Porteous, F Murray, Stokes and the two Lithuania's a start. We should have enough quality in the squad to cover ourselves for games like this.

I can't see Lennon making that many changes. But you never know!

ehf
06-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Wonder what Lennon will do against Ayr, will Gray & McGregor get their places back? Stokes start?

Ayr have had a great start to the season and will be no pushovers. Think he might rest a few before Ibrox though; expect both Lithuanians to start, not Stokesy though.

calumhibee1
06-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Rocky

Whittaker
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
Swanson

Boyle
Murray
Stokes

pacorosssco
06-08-2017, 12:26 AM
What did lennon do celtic? Did he stick core players and or 11 or did he use squad? Canny mind tbh apart from he dropped stokes OF games largely

hfc rd
06-08-2017, 01:11 AM
I'd personally rest Whittaker, Bartley & Boyle for ibrox. Think the below team should be good enough to beat Ayr.

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGinn
Swanson

S. Murray
Dave
Stokes

subs:
Laidlaw
Ambrose
Fontaine
Martin
McGeouch
F. Murray
Shaw

06-08-2017, 03:00 AM
Ayr have had a great start to the season and will be no pushovers. Think he might rest a few before Ibrox though; expect both Lithuanians to start, not Stokesy though.

I agrees Ayr will be no pushovers. I think Stokes will start as he needs to get back his sharpness so needs as much game time as possible. If we can get an hour or so from him and he has a decent game then he'll be in with chance of starting v Rangers.

makaveli1875
06-08-2017, 06:47 AM
rocky

Gray
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Martin
Slivka
SJM
F.Murray

Stokesy
Big Dave

Subs
Laidlaw
Ambrose
Whittaker
S.Murray
Boyle
Swanson
Bartley

Ozyhibby
06-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Strongest team out please. We should never take anyone lightly in the cups. Winning trophies is what it's all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

number9dream
06-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Strongest team out please. We should never take anyone lightly in the cups. Winning trophies is what it's all about.

Absolutely. Ayr are flying, with five wins from five and 16 goals in their past three games.
They're full-time and arguably have a stronger team than last year when they took four points from Easter Road.
It makes sense to bring back McGregor ahead of Ibrox since we may well go with three central defenders there, not sure about other changes unless there are any injury concerns. Maybe Slivka for Bartley, with Stokes and Davey to get half an hour.

macca70
06-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Start Stokes to try give him as much of the game as poss to get him match fit.

We are at Ibrox on Saturday though so we don't want any injuries although still need to play strongest team. Get them gelling and confidence up.

lucky
06-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Whatever team we put out we should be winning the game comfortably

Heisenberg
06-08-2017, 09:03 AM
They've already beaten Killie so this won't be an easy game. Wouldn't want us making wholesale changes.

Green Fish
06-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Did Marv get injured? Any news?

The Leith Dutch
06-08-2017, 09:17 AM

100% this.

Much as I'd like to finish 2nd in the league and much as it would be an amazing achievement it is still a runners up position (or first of the losing teams if you're being harsh).

The League Cup is one of the only two trophies we can realistically try to win.

I'd also very much like to see an atmosphere in the squad that you don't get "given" a chance just to see.
The players who are not getting a game should be hungry and determined to make an impact in any playing time they get in the knowledge that to keep that place they need to be putting in a top notch performance.

Simon Murray is a great example of that - knows that any drop in form or effort and there's a good chance that the next game is Stokes and Davy up front. Similarly, the other two (Davy especially) know that they're going to need to be on it the first time they get a chance given that SM has stuck away 8 goals in 5 games.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2017, 09:27 AM
We should be good enough to play any of our 18 or 19 first team squad and still beat Ayr United.

I do think continuity is good though particularly after a morale boosting victory. I would play the majority of the team that started yesterday, perhaps with McGregor and Gray getting a run out, especially if Lennon intends to play them at Ibrox.

jacomo
06-08-2017, 09:33 AM

McGregor - Same as Gray.

Need more grit in midfield IMO.

I also think it's a choice between Swanson or Stokes for now. I know they are different players but both like that left sided attacking position.

I wonder if both Porteous and Shaw might be going out on loan. F Murray looks like he might stay.

macca70
06-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Did Marv get injured? Any news?

Hurt himself in a collision with Whittaker, looked to me like Whittaker gave him a dead leg.

Need him fully fit for ibrox.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Hurt himself in a collision with Whittaker, looked to me like Whittaker gave him a dead leg.

Need him fully fit for ibrox.

Think it was, he'll be fine, don't think we'd play him against Ayr anyway

MyJo
06-08-2017, 02:05 PM
________________Marciano

Gray_____McGregor_____Hanlon_____Stevenson

_____Slivka____McGeouch____McGinn

__Boyle_________Murray_________Swanson

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Lennon suggested that he might not tinker too much, but he might see a chance to rest Whittaker and McGeouch who for different reasons could need wrapped in cotton wool at times ... I'm not suggesting for a second Whittaker isn't fit BTW.

I cant see any reason not to play McGregor and Gray in this game, they are both still vital players for us and IMO its not a good idea to deny them game time when the opportunity presents itself. Simon Murray is on fire just now, but I can still see him starting Stokes and giving him at least an hour .... we are paying a lot of money to have him at ER and it isn't to warm the bench, we need him up to speed as soon as possible.

SChibs
06-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Laidlaw
Gray
Macgregor
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Slivka
Mcginn
Swanson
Dave
Stokes

I'd give Boyle and Murray a rest amd have them raring to go for Saturday. Also that give the 2 Lithuanian boys and stokes some game time. Good opportunity to give Porteous some time too.
Obviously I'd have the players given a rest on the bench for some extra fire power if needed

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Marciano

Whittaker
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
McGeouch
McGinn

Boyle
Murray
Swanson

SirDavidsNapper
06-08-2017, 07:01 PM
I'd definatley have Dave, Slivka and Stokes starting in place of Murray, McGeough and Boyle.

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 07:15 PM

Spot on. Failing to win would be pretty damaging all round from morale amongst the fans to the momentum of the side. In saying that, I remember watching us being pumped out of the LC to QOS midweek at home (two legs mind) only to find myself sprinting back to the bus in fear of my life on the Saturday after Des Bremner and Gordon Rae had scored in a 2-0 win at Ibrox.
Get the job done Tuesday though. Revenue apart from anything else is important.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Spot on. Failing to win would be pretty damaging all round from morale amongst the fans to the momentum of the side. In saying that, I remember watching us being pumped out of the LC to QOS midweek at home (two legs mind) only to find myself sprinting back to the bus in fear of my life on the Saturday after Des Bremner and Gordon Rae had scored in a 2-0 win at Ibrox.
Get the job done Tuesday though. Revenue apart from anything else is important.

Queens knocked us out this round last season as well

lucky
06-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Strikers thrive on confidence so Id keep Murray in the team. That been said I thought he tweeted his hamstring on Saturday so might need a rest

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Strikers thrive on confidence so Id keep Murray in the team. That been said I thought he tweeted his hamstring on Saturday so might need a rest

I hope not, could be out for a month or so

H18 SFR
06-08-2017, 07:21 PM
The more changes we make the greater risk of an upset I feel!

DTS
06-08-2017, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't want us to make too many changes, that being said if laidlaw gray McGregor stokes and slivka all come in to the team it will still be a ridiculously strong "second string" if you like. I would rest mcgeouch Swanson and also Bartley if his knock is bad. So for a rotated team I'd go

Laidlaw
Gray McGregor hanlon Stevenson
Slivka McGinn
Boyle Stokes. F.murray
S. Murray

B.H.F.C
06-08-2017, 07:34 PM

Agree. Murray is playing well just now, just keep him in the team. Same goes for Boyle. Season has just started, so the only way we should be 'resting' anybody is if they have a knock. Or in the case of someone like Hanlon who is just back from a long time out.

06-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Stokes needs game time so i'd start him. Rest the likes of Boyle and Bartley for ibrox, possibly even McGeough as well.

The Leith Dutch
06-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Stokes needs game time so i'd start him. Rest the likes of Boyle and Bartley for ibrox, possibly even McGeough as well.

Not quite clear why we'd need to rest them this early in the season?
Bartley took a knock but so maybe keep him out but McGeough and Boyle should be fine to play.