PDA

View Full Version : Fair Play To The Thistle Fans

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 09:08 PM
I found myself in the South Stand for todays match and was fairly impressed by the Partick Thistle supporters off to my left.
They came in good numbers and added to the occasion and atmosphere with their singing and general good nature. Apart from the odd exception (on both sides) of handbags at 50 paces, there was a mutual respect running between our lot and theirs.
Even after the game, both Hibby and Jag supporters made their way over the 'Bridge' side by side, peacefully, with accompanying good-natured banter. The Thistle supporters were a joy and deserving of respect; in complete contrast to the neanderthal hordes who follow 'Sevco' - spewing their medieval 'bile' whilst threatening, as well as carrying out, physical violence.
I say, fair play to The Thistle fans and all rival supporters who come in peace and goodwill, not to destroy and contaminate the match day experience for others, but simply to follow their team and enjoy nothing beyond a wee bit of banter in the process.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Good words, sir.

Ilovehibs
05-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Good to hear.

DH1875
05-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Not me, never understood the love in thistle fans get on here at times. I remember a few occasions when there has been trouble between both set of fans and seem to remember a particularly nasty incident when thistle fans attacked our buses at their place, smashing all the buses windows and attacking folks with baseball bats.

Nameless
05-08-2017, 09:37 PM
It's a sad indictment on Scottish society when we see fit to praise people for not spitting on or physically abusing our support. That is not a dig at the OP, as I share his or her feelings of goodwill towards any fan who comes to Easter Road, regardless of who they follow. I just think it is sad that acting like a civilised human being is so out of character nowadays as to be worthy of mention.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Yip, no battles on Bothwell bridge today only friendly banter.

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-08-2017, 09:50 PM
There were a couple of Thistle fans in the Four in hand before the game, looked liked the'd had a few, but nae problem. They sèèmed to had a wee altercation with some Hibbys around the old Albion bar but hope it was sorted out cause they weren't that bad, just were a bit drunk.

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 09:51 PM
It's a sad indictment on Scottish society when we see fit to praise people for not spitting on or physically abusing our support. That is not a dig at the OP, as I share his or her feelings of goodwill towards any fan who comes to Easter Road, regardless of who they follow. I just think it is sad that acting like a civilised human being is so out of character nowadays as to be worthy of mention.

Respect.
It can also be a sad indictment on society when we forget to praise others for their good behaviour. We all need a little encouragement now and then, especially when the violent element hog all the headlines.

heretoday
05-08-2017, 09:52 PM
Some Thistles in the Iona Bar after. Great to see them. No problem.

The_Exile
05-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Not me, never understood the love in thistle fans get on here at times. I remember a few occasions when there has been trouble between both set of fans and seem to remember a particularly nasty incident when thistle fans attacked our buses at their place, smashing all the buses windows and attacking folks with baseball bats.

FFS that was about 40 years ago man!!!

Got a couple of mates who are jags fans and a nicer pair of lads you couldn't meet.

calumhibee1
05-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Probably my favourite Scottish team other than Hibs. A proper honest club with decent fans who are currently playing good stuff.

Not that I particularly care about them mind you but I'd always like to see them do well!

monktonharp
05-08-2017, 10:26 PM
much respect to the Maryhill Magyars fans.good venue to go to these days.last time we were there, midweek we got into the fans bar under their main stand with no problems. a couple of wee scroats decide to stone our bus, on the exit mind you although there was not much the Polis could do at that time of night, as they had hid in waiting among the bushes in an embankment. stane hit the glass at my windae seat too! luckily no smashed.

Scouse Hibee
05-08-2017, 10:28 PM

That's history, thread is about today's fans so why you have to drag up that nonsense is beyond me!

Wee Effen Bee
05-08-2017, 11:13 PM
That's history, thread is about today's fans so why you have to drag up that nonsense is beyond me!

Agree Scouser. I said earlier tonight that when a positive thread is initiated, someone always seems to appear very quickly to jump in with some seriously negative vibes. What is the point in these posts? Where in life's manual does it say you are not allowed to praise decent behaviour from fellow human beings? Some people must have really, really *****y lives for them to take time out to complain about Hibbies saying something positive about a group of away fans.:confused:

DH1875
05-08-2017, 11:28 PM
FFS that was about 40 years ago man!!!

Got a couple of mates who are jags fans and a nicer pair of lads you couldn't meet.

Nowhere near 40 years ago, more like 10-15 years ago and was pretty ugly which is why it sticks in my head. That's nice you know a couple of jags fans, I actually stay 10 mins away from firhill and know most of their boys, including a few who are fans of other teams but go to thistle games for the crack with their mates. Pretty strange as some of them are Huns but when they play the huns they go with their mates against the huns :confused:

marleyhib
05-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Yawn, is this really worth talking about

The_Exile
05-08-2017, 11:56 PM
Nowhere near 40 years ago, more like 10-15 years ago and was pretty ugly which is why it sticks in my head. That's nice you know a couple of jags fans, I actually stay 10 mins away from firhill and know most of their boys, including a few who are fans of other teams but go to thistle games for the crack with their mates. Pretty strange as some of them are Huns but when they play the huns they go with their mates against the huns :confused:

Must be thinking of a different incident to the one you mention, honestly can't remember anything happening around 10-15 years ago. Been through a fair few times to Firhill and always a brilliant away day, not a single bit of bother and all fans very welcoming in my experience.

Albanian Hibs
05-08-2017, 11:58 PM
Never heard them singing once

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2017, 11:59 PM
**** Patrick fans.

Auckland Hibs
06-08-2017, 04:34 AM

It wasn't Partick Thistle fans that attacked the buses, it was Rangers ICF (IIRC 2003/4).

InchHibby
06-08-2017, 04:48 AM
I found myself in the South Stand for todays match and was fairly impressed by the Partick Thistle supporters off to my left.
They came in good numbers and added to the occasion and atmosphere with their singing and general good nature. Apart from the odd exception (on both sides) of handbags at 50 paces, there was a mutual respect running between our lot and theirs.
Even after the game, both Hibby and Jag supporters made their way over the 'Bridge' side by side, peacefully, with accompanying good-natured banter. The Thistle supporters were a joy and deserving of respect; in complete contrast to the neanderthal hordes who follow 'Sevco' - spewing their medieval 'bile' whilst threatening, as well as carrying out, physical violence.
I say, fair play to The Thistle fans and all rival supporters who come in peace and goodwill, not to destroy and contaminate the match day experience for others, but simply to follow their team and enjoy nothing beyond a wee bit of banter in the process.

Totally agree, this is how it should be, good post.

Nameless
06-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Some people must have really, really *****y lives for them to take time out to complain about Hibbies saying something positive about a group of away fans.:confused:

I've not seen a single post on this thread complaining about the OP praising the away fans.

I think some people must have very confused lives, to take time out to complain about Hibees complaining about something that nobody has complained about [emoji6]

Fanforlife
06-08-2017, 11:49 AM
It wasn't Partick Thistle fans that attacked the buses, it was Rangers ICF (IIRC 2003/4).
Spot on bud.our bus stopped to help bus being attacked, one of us got face slashed, i just avoided heed getting cleaved with a baseball bat.few of us stayed by request of polis until guy who was slashed got out of hospital.polis came through from glasgow t o the nip with mugshots a couple of weeks later but nowt further happened.

Keith_M
06-08-2017, 11:56 AM

If you're referring to the same incident I remember from around that time, then I think you'll find it was Rangers Supporters that attacked that Bus.

They had unwittingly stopped outside a Loyalist, Hard-Core Rangers bar and suffered the consequences.

Fanforlife
06-08-2017, 12:00 PM
It wasn't Partick Thistle fans that attacked the buses, it was Rangers ICF (IIRC 2003/4).incident may be a different one as just seen date you mentioned,positive our one was around about 1998.sorry for any confusion from my part.

Forza Fred
06-08-2017, 02:59 PM
I think any Thistle fan from Glasgow deserves credit.

After all, it must be a lot more 'glory 'for them in following one of the Glesca bigots...but they choose not to.

Auckland Hibs
06-08-2017, 03:24 PM
incident may be a different one as just seen date you mentioned,positive our one was around about 1998.sorry for any confusion from my part.

We are talking about the same incident - I was also on the IEC Nip Bus.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2017, 03:27 PM
I thought Thistle were supposed to have sold 1900 tickets, didnt look more than about 1400 at most to me?

06-08-2017, 03:29 PM
I thought Thistle were supposed to have sold 1900 tickets, didnt look more than about 1400 at most to me?

They had just over 1100 according to Hibs twitter.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2017, 03:31 PM
They had just over 1100 according to Hibs twitter.

:aok:

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Yawn, is this really worth talking about

Wow ..... Here's why mate:

Yesterday at Easter Road the crowd was over 17,000 ... in that 17,000 there were women, children and casual walk up fans. One of the reasons we can get crowds like that made up of that demographic is that people know they can attend the match in a safe and friendly environment before and after the game when we play clubs like Partick Thistle.

The old days of football being a macho Saturday club for boozed up neds and adults who should know better are gone ..... in order to survive what clubs need to be attracting is exactly the sort of mix of people we saw yesterday at Easter Road, folk who are still as passionate about the game and their teams as they always were and who can create a colourful noisy atmosphere inside the stadium, but who can also mix and chat with opposition fans before and after the game as many of us did yesterday without feeling the need to batter them in order to prove our loyalty to the club we support.

That's the culture we need to promote in Scottish football and any time a game takes place where that's the case its worthy of comment ... anything that takes the general public away from the idea that its not safe to attend a football match, or let their kids attend a football match, should be given as much publicity as possible.

I don't know about you, but I would much rather be part of a 17,000 crowd where there is no chance of trouble than be part of a 7,000 crowd where I am dodging missiles inside the ground and worrying about which direction I should head in when I leave it, a pretty common thing at the football back in the days when I first started going.

That's why we should be talking about this :aok:

Hi Heid Yin
06-08-2017, 05:47 PM

Yesterday at Easter Road the crowd was over 17,000 ... in that 17,000 there were women, children and casual walk up fans. One of the reasons we can get crowds like that made up of that demographic is that people know they can attend the match in a safe and friendly environment before and after the game when we play clubs like Partick Thistle.

The old days of football being a macho Saturday club for boozed up neds and adults who should know better are gone ..... in order to survive what clubs need to be attracting is exactly the sort of mix of people we saw yesterday at Easter Road, folk who are still as passionate about the game and their teams as they always were and who can create a colourful noisy atmosphere inside the stadium, but who can also mix and chat with opposition fans before and after the game as many of us did yesterday without feeling the need to batter them in order to prove our loyalty to the club we support.

That's the culture we need to promote in Scottish football and any time a game takes place where that's the case its worthy of comment ... anything that takes the general public away from the idea that its not safe to attend a football match, or let their kids attend a football match, should be given as much publicity as possible.

I don't know about you, but I would much rather be part of a 17,000 crowd where there is no chance of trouble than be part of a 7,000 crowd where I am dodging missiles inside the ground and worrying about which direction I should head in when I leave it, a pretty common thing at the football back in the days when I first started going.

:top marksPost of the week for me

Pedantic_Hibee
06-08-2017, 05:51 PM

Absolutely spot on.

Lancs Harp
06-08-2017, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;5132888]Wow ..... Here's why mate:

That's why we should be talking about this :aok:[/QUOTE

Aye this weeks atmosphere before, during and after will be in mark contrast to next weeks game, thats for sure.

partickthistle
08-08-2017, 12:05 PM

Great post - yep when I go too Ibrox at times (a lot fo the time I wont go because I cant be bothered with the atmospehre there) you really are in fear of your life if you have your own clubs scarf - contrast this with walking to Easter road and back walking with Hiibs fans not a bother anywhere and even goign into pubs with it - sadly theres 2 clubs in Scottish football who really seem to sadly cause bother for everyone else

Bristolhibby
08-08-2017, 12:14 PM
A few Jags fans were in the Persevere pre game on Saturday.

J

Keith_M
08-08-2017, 12:48 PM

Absolute Top Post, NN

:not worth