PDA

View Full Version : Crowd today

kaimendhibs
05-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Very noticeable today that everyone was 100 per cent behind the team. No moans or groans or slagging players off. Great roar of support after losing a goal. Great stuff, long may it continue

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hfc rd
05-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Crowd were magnificent today. A proper 12th man who backed the team from the first whistle to the last.

GGTTH

HibbySpurs
05-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Thought the crowd was brilliant... Bairns loved sitting below the singing section in the FF as well👍

Aldo
05-08-2017, 09:52 PM
What was official crowd??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
05-08-2017, 09:53 PM
What was official crowd??

Aldo
05-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Cheers HG! [emoji106]

Nameless
05-08-2017, 10:06 PM
I watched the match on Alba, and the atmosphere and positivity certainly came through on the TV.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
05-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Tons of empty seats in East and FF lower.

hibbysam
05-08-2017, 10:32 PM
It very nearly turned ugly at 1-0 down when Dylan misplaced two passes. Luckily we scored when we did which lifted the whole place. After that it was a really good, positive atmosphere, but some of our support need to stay patient with the team. As NL said, were in the Premiership now, mistakes will happen, and other teams will have the ball more.

maturehibby
05-08-2017, 11:08 PM
It very nearly turned ugly at 1-0 down when Dylan misplaced two passes. Luckily we scored when we did which lifted the whole place. After that it was a really good, positive atmosphere, but some of our support need to stay patient with the team. As NL said, were in the Premiership now, mistakes will happen, and other teams will have the ball more.
Loved it when The home crowd reacted to the thistle goal as Hibs went to take the centre the while crowd started cheering to get behind the team which drowned out the noise of the Away fans

Borderhibbie76
05-08-2017, 11:12 PM
It very nearly turned ugly at 1-0 down when Dylan misplaced two passes. Luckily we scored when we did which lifted the whole place. After that it was a really good, positive atmosphere, but some of our support need to stay patient with the team. As NL said, were in the Premiership now, mistakes will happen, and other teams will have the ball more.Think your exaggerating a wee bit there mate...a few disgruntled groans at Dylan's slack passes but nothing more. The crowd stayed positive at 0 1 and roared the team on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

wearethehibs
05-08-2017, 11:24 PM

Whats your point?

ehf
05-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Whats your point?

:agree

This thread is about the people that were there today, not those that were not, and I completely agree with the OP; the positive vibes and lack of negativity were the best thing about a truly uplifting afternoon.

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2017, 11:58 PM
Differing. Wasn't impressed by Hibs crowd today. Felt Thistle schooled us. And put singing section in the middle of the FF upper instead of ghetto wing.

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2017, 02:02 AM

Lot of people in particular families on holiday judging by pictures on we are hibs page on Facebook.

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2017, 04:53 AM
I would say to folk that are goin oan holiday, if yi huvnae done it already, gie yir season ticket tae someone that might not normally go to a game, a neighbour, colleague at work, a student etc....even let the club know. Lets fill the place and keep the atmosphere.

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2017, 07:09 AM
Whats your point?

That is my point, was surprised to see so many when the club had opened the South which I presumed meant no seats available elsewhere. Yes I agree the crowd were great today.

wearethehibs
06-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Differing. Wasn't impressed by Hibs crowd today. Felt Thistle schooled us. And put singing section in the middle of the FF upper instead of ghetto wing.

Only time I heard the Thistle fans was when they scored

Onceinawhile
06-08-2017, 07:13 AM
That is my point, was surprised to see so many when the club had opened the South which I presumed meant no seats available elsewhere. Yes I agree the crowd were great today.

There wasn't apparently.

I wonder if hibs collect data from the scanners and can tell how many times an st bar code gets scanned.

Given the ff lower is effectively sold out, but almost always has large gaps, id be intrigued to know what the turnout % is.

jgl07
06-08-2017, 08:02 AM

If you start the season in early August, don't be surprised if some are absent due to holidays. I am away in France and will not be back for another two weeks.

Scrap the stupid January break and move the season start back two weeks.

RoYO!
06-08-2017, 08:38 AM
There wasn't apparently.

I wonder if hibs collect data from the scanners and can tell how many times an st bar code gets scanned.

Given the ff lower is effectively sold out, but almost always has large gaps, id be intrigued to know what the turnout % is.

I think that there must be plenty in there with a kids ST bought on the cheap to guarantee tickets for cup games. They can also be upgraded to adult tickets for cat A games.

As I understand there are a number of clubs in England where if you are not using your ticket you get a warning, then potential retraction of the ticket. ... or people are just on holiday!

Spike Mandela
06-08-2017, 09:11 AM
I take it Hibs report attendance and not tickets sold?

Clearly many season tkt holders like me on holiday.

The Leith Dutch
06-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Thought it was interesting with the singing section where they were.

It felt less effective than it was while in the East but on the plus side there was noise coming from two stands rather than just one (with the notable exceptions when the West Stand has hit the hospitality and have a wee sing song). That's a definite improvement.

One other mention is to the bloke a few seats along from me in the East who was, somewhat bizarrely, riding Simon Murray all game.

Shouting at him to "get in the game" and insisting he should be tracking back rather than playing on the last man (cause, y'know, when you're playing one up front and he's got bags of pace you want him tackling in midfield :rolleyes:)

Epic rant at him getting man of the match and had such a paddy when SM grabbed the ball for the penalty that I genuinely thought for a minute he wasn't going to applaud if he scored it.

Weird guy.

Overall though thought the crowd was good - here's to more attendances of that level for the rest of the season :)

hibbysam
06-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Think your exaggerating a wee bit there mate...a few disgruntled groans at Dylan's slack passes but nothing more. The crowd stayed positive at 0 1 and roared the team on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not at all. When Dylan passed it out of play at 1-0 down when looking for Swanson, I was sat right in the back corner of the east and looking down there were rows of people up with there arms going. It was clear that fans were becoming impatient and the goal settled everything back down. Another ten minutes of slackness though and it could've been different. When we have a full house like that its important that fans stay patient, we won't steamroller teams and have 70% of the ball all the time.

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2017, 09:33 AM
I think that there must be plenty in there with a kids ST bought on the cheap to guarantee tickets for cup games. They can also be upgraded to adult tickets for cat A games.

As I understand there are a number of clubs in England where if you are not using your ticket you get a warning, then potential retraction of the ticket. ... or people are just on holiday!

A warning or retraction of ticket surely not? I have never seen T&C's for a season ticket that would force you to use it.

H18 SFR
06-08-2017, 09:35 AM

It felt less effective than it was while in the East but on the plus side there was noise coming from two stands rather than just one (with the notable exceptions when the West Stand has hit the hospitality and have a wee sing song). That's a definite improvement.

One other mention is to the bloke a few seats along from me in the East who was, somewhat bizarrely, riding Simon Murray all game.

Shouting at him to "get in the game" and insisting he should be tracking back rather than playing on the last man (cause, y'know, when you're playing one up front and he's got bags of pace you want him tackling in midfield :rolleyes:)

Epic rant at him getting man of the match and had such a paddy when SM grabbed the ball for the penalty that I genuinely thought for a minute he wasn't going to applaud if he scored it.

Weird guy.

Overall though thought the crowd was good - here's to more attendances of that level for the rest of the season :)

We moved from Section 43 to Section 20 as I've now got my young daughter a ST. There was a similar roaster at the old seats, everyone at our new seats are brilliant, no roasteresque shouts. I wanted to hug them all and organise a house party after the match.

It's amazing how much of a negative impact the roaster's shouts can have.

RoYO!
06-08-2017, 09:38 AM
A warning or retraction of ticket surely not? I have never seen T&C's for a season ticket that would force you to use it.

Oh indeed- that would be a very last resort. But if the club thinks people are playing the system then I'd imagine they'd look into it.

Just look at the step up in checking ST's recently.

As far as I remember- I recall hearing this about Newcastle- as they were sitting with a waiting list on ST's at the time. I thought there was similar at Liverpool- but you'd know best about that one!

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 09:40 AM
I take it Hibs report attendance and not tickets sold?

Clearly many season tkt holders like me on holiday.

Tickets sold I believe

Nakedmanoncrack
06-08-2017, 10:02 AM

The cheap kids tickets are only for FF Lower, and you can't buy them without an adult ticket so doubt there is massive purchase of them to guarantee hypothetical cup tickets for someone else. There will be some who buy them for kids but dont take them every week of course.

I'm_cabbaged
06-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Tickets sold I believe

Must've been bums on seats yesterday, no way was there over 3k seats available in the south.

weecounty hibby
06-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Tickets sold I believe

Not sure about that. I would say that 17600 was the number inside ER yesterday. Really good crowd. The anticipated 1900 from Thistle never happened tho. Very lucky if it was 1100 of them. The south should be available to Hibbies for all games this season except OF and hearts, maybe Aberdeen. With over 12000 STs it makes it easier for groups of friends to get seats together and will hopefully encourage them along more

neil7908
06-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Great attendance, good atmosphere throughout and cracking game of football.

Really enjoying going to ER these days.

RoYO!
06-08-2017, 05:51 PM
The cheap kids tickets are only for FF Lower, and you can't buy them without an adult ticket so doubt there is massive purchase of them to guarantee hypothetical cup tickets for someone else. There will be some who buy them for kids but dont take them every week of course.

Yep I can see that and that may well be the case. It just seems that there are a disproportionate number of empty seats in the FF lower than anywhere else. For £25 and the option to upgrade this ticket- I can see some who'd think that was reasonable.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 06:34 PM
The good thing about yesterday, was we had over 3,000 walk up Hibs fans

Lancs Harp
06-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Not sure about that. I would say that 17600 was the number inside ER yesterday. Really good crowd. The anticipated 1900 from Thistle never happened tho. Very lucky if it was 1100 of them. The south should be available to Hibbies for all games this season except OF and hearts, maybe Aberdeen. With over 12000 STs it makes it easier for groups of friends to get seats together and will hopefully encourage them along more

Its 100% tickets sold, like last season and like the vast majority of clubs do north and south of the border.

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 06:55 PM
The good thing about yesterday, was we had over 3,000 walk up Hibs fans

That's nice and probably irrefutable.

06-08-2017, 07:02 PM

Weird guy.

You always get the odd person like that unfortunatly. Never happy and seem to pick on a certain player every week for some bizarre reason. Guy that sat directly behind me for years (he hasn't been for a few seasons now thank god) always slated Fyvie. Fyvie could have put in a MOTM performance but it was never ever good enough for this guy, he was always hell bent on giving him as much stick as possible. It almost seemed to bug him if Fyvie did something good.

CMurdoch
06-08-2017, 07:09 PM

Agree with all that other than the "nearly turned ugly" phrase, would say instead that folk were moaning and showing discontent after the Partick goal.
It would be better for the team if those folk could take a breath.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 07:11 PM
That's nice and probably irrefutable.

Someone had to have a stab at it

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Enjoyed the atmosphere but I had 3 absolute weapons behind me. After the way we started they were screaming how F'n ***** we are then nearly combusted when PT scored and with that slack pass from Dylan.

It also seems that no team is ever allowed near our 18 yard box.

Overall we were pretty loud at times and backed the team, credit to the signing section, I was watching over towards them at times and they never stopped. Good effort troops

bod
06-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Agree with all that other than the "nearly turned ugly" phrase, would say instead that folk were moaning and showing discontent after the Partick goal.
It would be better for the team if those folk could take a breath.

there's a few ugly folk where I sit :flag: