PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn

Ozyhibby
05-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I thought he was excellent today and I know that not everyone will think that but he was crucial today for us in winning the midfield.
He is turning into a right little s*** who the fans of other teams are going to absolutely hate by the end of this season. The sort of player Lennon himself was. More of the same please John.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-08-2017, 07:55 PM
I thought he was excellent today and I know that not everyone will think that but he was crucial today for us in winning the midfield.
He is turning into a right little s*** who the fans of other teams are going to absolutely hate by the end of this season. The sort of player Lennon himself was. More of the same please John.

Dealt with that fud Osman delightfully.

Mibbes Aye
05-08-2017, 07:56 PM

Couldn't agree more C. He's got talent and determination. Adding the wind-up factor puts another level on his game and adds to our capacity to win games, either by unsettling the opposition or costing them cards.

3pm
05-08-2017, 08:00 PM

If he's here!

Vault Boy
05-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Not his best performance on the ball but was vital in our equaliser and really got stuck in, great to see that kind of attitude. Silly booking at the end.

bingo70
05-08-2017, 08:02 PM

Completely agree. Thought he was superb and really enjoyed his battle with Osman.

On a similar note I thought he and Bartley worked really well together, Not be many teams bossing our midfield this season.

hibee_girl
05-08-2017, 08:05 PM
He was excellent today, really drove us on at times.

You just knew he'd end up getting himsef booked though.

SRHibs
05-08-2017, 08:05 PM
He was and is pish. No club in their right mind would try and sign him. He should stay at Hibs.

RossScott1991
05-08-2017, 08:08 PM
He was and is pish. No club in their right mind would try and sign him. He should stay at Hibs.

This:greengrin

lord bunberry
05-08-2017, 08:08 PM
He's developing that nasty streak that all top players have. He'll go on to have a great career after he wins the league with us.

Bob Box Fish
05-08-2017, 08:09 PM
He was very good today. To go to the next level he will need to add goals and work on his final ball but everything else is spot on.

GreenArmy1875
05-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Give him a year or two with us then to Celtic . Direct replacement for Scott Brown I feel.

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 09:29 PM
McGinn was tenacious and inspirational (again) today. He drove us on relentlessly.
Every team needs this type of player and we are blessed to have him, just as he should feel blessed for wearing our colours and representing our club.
Let's enjoy him while we can - hopefully for the rest of this season.
Whilst I'm here, the running tussles and skirmishes between him and Osman was an amusing wee side-show, spoilt only by the 'silly' and 'needless' booking. I did laugh, though, when Osman found himself on the deck with our John turning and walking away knowingly guilty. lol

sauzee6_2
05-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Today was the first time he looked like a man.

Over the last few years he has been a promising young player, yet today Lennon's influence was clear and he looked an influential midfield general.

Long may it continue, was great to see him put osman on his backside and accept the yellow card.

Appreciate him whilst he's here, can't see us getting more than a year of his talents.

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Today was the first time he looked like a man.

Over the last few years he has been a promising young player, yet today Lennon's influence was clear and he looked an influential midfield general.

Long may it continue, was great to see him put osman on his backside and accept the yellow card.

Appreciate him whilst he's here, can't see us getting more than a year of his talents.

Good point. I agree:agree:

coco22
05-08-2017, 10:09 PM
He's looks stronger too. He's always been superb at protecting the ball, turning and drawing fouls but there's an added strength there. Mentally too- probably knows he's sheet hot and is giving it the puffed chest treatment (while, being the type of boy he seems to be, keeping the feet on the ground). Great player

Nameless
05-08-2017, 10:14 PM

Sadly, I think this is true. A standout season and a few more Scotland caps are reasonable expectations. If he achieves both, we will have many a big name club offering us PROPER money for him next summer.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

monktonharp
05-08-2017, 10:17 PM
He's looks stronger too. He's always been superb at protecting the ball, turning and drawing fouls but there's an added strength there. Mentally too- probably knows he's sheet hot and is giving it the puffed chest treatment (while, being the type of boy he seems to be, keeping the feet on the ground). Great playerA mate and I were saying this, today. toughened up mentally and physically. loved the wee bit when he held out the ball, as if to say "I was gaun for this, and got it ya daftie". the ref took the wrong view of the funny side, and gave them the free kick!

Jones28
05-08-2017, 10:17 PM

Yepp, he should be rotting in the under 19s

coco22
05-08-2017, 10:26 PM
A mate and I were saying this, today. toughened up mentally and physically. loved the wee bit when he held out the ball, as if to say "I was gaun for this, and got it ya daftie". the ref took the wrong view of the funny side, and gave them the free kick!

We need this wee 'nasty' / playful side - comes with confidence. A bit of swagger and bossing of the game has been lacking (even when playing well). Firmly believe you get more decisions from refs when you go about the game this way (contradicted by SJM's booking but you know what I mean!)

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2017, 11:24 PM
He was very good today and he certainly seems to have bulked up a bit and added a wee naughty edge to his game as well, though I'm not really a fan of our more vital players picking up daft needless bookings, which his was. His confidence does seem sky high though, that showed even in the Sunderland game where he gave that 8 million quid huddie he was up against a lesson in why its not a good idea to pick an individual battle with him :greengrin

Cant wait for the bloody transfer window to shut ............ if we do get an offer its 5 million or bugger off.

matty_f
05-08-2017, 11:47 PM
I thought he was excellent, I love the way he plays the game and he's definitely bulked up strength-wise over the pre-season.

We should appreciate him while we have him.

Winston Ingram
06-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Give him a year or two with us then to Celtic . Direct replacement for Scott Brown I feel.

I can see him going to England. I'd hate to see him waste his career like Brown has.

HappyAsHellas
06-08-2017, 11:01 AM
I can see him going to England. I'd hate to see him waste his career like Brown has. :faf:

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2017, 11:05 AM

Hope our club arent thinking like this. Keep him for as long as possible and never let him join a rival.

Ozyhibby
06-08-2017, 11:17 AM
I can see him going to England. I'd hate to see him waste his career like Brown has.

Can't think of any Hibs player since 2000 who has been more successful after leaving Hibs than Brown?

jacomo
06-08-2017, 11:21 AM

"Scott, thinking about your recent treble, decade as one of the best paid and most decorated players in Scotland, Champions League and international experience... tell me, where did it all go wrong?"

:wink:

Ryan69
06-08-2017, 11:46 AM
"Scott, thinking about your recent treble, decade as one of the best paid and most decorated players in Scotland, Champions League and international experience... tell me, where did it all go wrong?"

By maybe going to England or abroad and testing himself perhaps?

06-08-2017, 11:49 AM
He drove right through the midfield yesterday in the build up to our 1st goal with about 2 or 3 PT players around him. He's gotten stronger and just lowers his stance thats enough to hold off players.

Brilliant player.

hibbysam
06-08-2017, 03:28 PM
By maybe going to England or abroad and testing himself perhaps?

Playing in the champions league year in year out against Europes best not testing enough?

The Spaceman
06-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Loved it when there was a foul, Osman came over storming over to him shouting and McGinn launched the ball point blank at Osman's face only to catch it again at the death, watch Osman sh*t himself, giggle in his face as a result and watch Osman start mouthing off at him with a big smirk across his face. Feel Lennon is showing him how to get into opposition players heads :greengrin

bingo70
06-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Osman tweeted something about doing well to stay calm in the face of such provocation.

He's clearly a very physical player himself so we should take that as a compliment that he was bullied out the game.

Fwiw I actually thought Osman looked a good player, even if he was bossed by our midfield. It was the way we hunted in packs, to use a JC phrase, that made it impossible for him.

stoneyburn hibs
06-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Loved it when there was a foul, Osman came over storming over to him shouting and McGinn launched the ball point blank at Osman's face only to catch it again at the death, watch Osman sh*t himself, giggle in his face as a result and watch Osman start mouthing off at him with a big smirk across his face. Feel Lennon is showing him how to get into opposition players heads :greengrin

To be fair to Osman he did have a wee giggle about it himself.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2017, 03:39 PM

:thumbsup:

KSA Hibee
06-08-2017, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5132469]Can't think of any Hibs player since 2000 who has been more successful after leaving Hibs than Brown?

What about Collins or big beardy Rowan ... what ever happened to those giants??

HoboHarry
06-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Sit doon FFS :faf:

Cardinal G
06-08-2017, 06:26 PM

Said the same myself to my mates. Another season with us and he will be away for serious money, plus hopefully a good percentage of any sell on fee. For me though I can see him doing much better than scott brown career wise, also feel that at this stage of his devolpment he is actually a better player than what he was at this stage.

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2017, 06:27 PM

Is this a whoosh moment or are you one of these people who can't bear to give Brown the credit he deserves because of who he plays for?

Wasted career my erse.

KWJ
06-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Reckon Lennon has definitely had an influence on McGinn's game. Great player to learn from.

Keyser Sauzee
06-08-2017, 06:54 PM

What a pile of *****! Clearly bitter that he left us to play for a team u can't stand. He's had a great career, better than any player that's left Hibs, ever.

hibee_girl
06-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Osman thinks he did well to keep his cool yesterday...

https://twitter.com/Osmann1987/status/893944503266103296

calumhibee1
06-08-2017, 07:01 PM

You've caught a few with that one!

Super_JMcGinn
06-08-2017, 07:22 PM

I hope he doesn't sell himself short by going to them, he definitely has the game and the strength to go south and make it big.

06-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Osman thinks he did well to keep his cool yesterday...

https://twitter.com/Osmann1987/status/893944503266103296

Is there a clip anywhere of the incident

Super_JMcGinn
06-08-2017, 07:27 PM
What a pile of *****! Clearly bitter that he left us to play for a team u can't stand. He's had a great career, better than any player that's left Hibs, ever.

Ever? Nah, I think you're the one talking a pile of whatever it was you typed.

Des Bremner for one.

Keyser Sauzee
06-08-2017, 07:40 PM

Des Bremner for one.

Fair do's that was before my time but I'll give u that. Uv mentioned 1 player though, hardly makes my point a pile of *****

Hibby Bairn
06-08-2017, 07:42 PM

Des Bremner for one.

And Peter Cormack.

Super_JMcGinn
06-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Fair do's that was before my time but I'll give u that. Uv mentioned 1 player though, hardly makes my point a pile of *****

The guy you quoted was hardly talking a pile of whatever it was you typed either.

Brown has done a Paul McStay and stayed in his comfort zone instead of going down south and testing himself against the big boys, and I'm one of Broonies biggest fans.

Keyser Sauzee
06-08-2017, 07:47 PM
The guy you quoted was hardly talking a pile of whatever it was you typed either.

Brown has done a Paul McStay and stayed in his comfort zone instead of going down south and testing himself against the big boys, and I'm one of Broonies biggest fans.

The poster claimed Brown has wasted his career, which is a pile of *****, regardless if u think he could have achieved more elsewhere.

Heisenberg
06-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Looked like he was under clear instruction to get in Osmans face and disrupt his game. Worked a treat.