PDA

View Full Version : New Hearts Manager

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jo McBride
05-08-2017, 06:41 PM
John Daly Please. Total FUD.

Listen to post match interview slagging off Rodgers if in doubt, he's perfect for the job. 😄

JimBHibees
05-08-2017, 06:45 PM

Listen to post match interview slagging off Rodgers if in doubt, he's perfect for the job. ��

Agree just in the door and tries to be the big man. Wind yer neck in. Rodgers was spot on there is no way Cathro wanted someone like Cole Stockton.

Craigmount Hibs
05-08-2017, 06:47 PM

Listen to post match interview slagging off Rodgers if in doubt, he's perfect for the job. 😄

Yup. He's been Potter's favourite punt it to player before, so they have previous. Guy sounded like a complete trumpet. Very jamboesque.

Hibernia&Alba
05-08-2017, 06:49 PM
It's going to be hard for any Hearts manager to be as well liked by the Hibs support as Cathro was, but I wish this roaster all the best in that endeavor.

High-On-Hibs
05-08-2017, 06:54 PM
If he's getting upset over Rodgers comments, just wait until Lennon get's torn in.

https://i.imgur.com/sP3ZFA0.gif

Bostonhibby
05-08-2017, 10:52 PM

Listen to post match interview slagging off Rodgers if in doubt, he's perfect for the job. [emoji1]He's brown nosing to potter who Rodgers seemed to take a swipe at in the independent today and he got it spot on.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
05-08-2017, 10:56 PM
He's just sticking up for his employer. Came across well in his interview I thought. Especially when he said that he can't recall Rogers discussing the structure at Man U or Chelsea when he was Liverpool manager.

neil7908
05-08-2017, 11:04 PM
He's just sticking up for his employer. Came across well in his interview I thought. Especially when he said that he can't recall Rogers discussing the structure at Man U or Chelsea when he was Liverpool manager.

Defending your club is one thing but his reaction was absurdly OTT. Rodgers said, in a pretty innocuous way, what everyone is thinking about Hearts current structure. To then say his comments were "disgusting" is laughable. If he thinks that's disgusting I wonder how he feels about some of the unsavoury antics in Hearts recent past?

Also, Man Utd and Chelsea are incredibly successful sides - why would you question their structure?

Thecat23
05-08-2017, 11:09 PM

Because at those clubs they don't have a DOF who passes wee notes or is a complete control freak. Also Chelsea and Man U have a structure that is very successful why would he question it??

Daly came across a right @rse it was great to listen too. Defend the club but at least do it right and it seems they can't even do that. Mans a clown like Cathro, Levein and the other twats before them.

truehibernian
05-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Because at those clubs they don't have a DOF who passes wee notes or is a complete control freak. Also Chelsea and Man U have a structure that is very successful why would he question it??

Daly came across a right @rse it was great to listen too. Defend the club but at least do it right and it seems they can't even do that. Mans a clown like Cathro, Levein and the other twats before them.

The most important thing for Hibs is that Hearts keep Levein in post as he is causing unbelievable division between fans and players :aok:

Doesn't matter who they get as manager and to be frank, couldn't give two sooks - as long as they keep CL at the 'helm' I'll be a very happy Hibee :agree:

Hearts remind me of us under Fenlon - no creativity, players who were bouncing from club to club, lots of loans, lots of moans, no real structure or spine, no proper leadership, chairmen hiding.........'celebrating' mediocrity........

What other club in the top flight would allow their DoF or equivalent into the dressing room at half time ? I've seen their coaches on game day first hand and they are an utter shambles, McPhee included. The best bit however TC - they all still walk around Tynecastle with an arrogance and demeanour that isn't befitting of their position in the Scottish football hierarchy......whether it's Scott Wilson, Scott Gardiner, McPhee, Daly, Levein....... delusions of grandeur make them feel a whole lot better about themselves. Reality never will bite them on the erchie because of this innate arrogance they have about themselves and it's fabulous watching the implosion from outside :greengrin:aok:

Next derby we should have a banner saying 'Levein Must Stay' - he would HATE that :greengrin:thumbsup:

pacorosssco
05-08-2017, 11:35 PM

He licking to get gig. Neil alexander confirmed Levein has to much say. Budge has big call to make as all jambos want Levein out

truehibernian
05-08-2017, 11:41 PM
He licking to get gig. Neil alexander confirmed Levein has to much say. Budge has big call to make as all jambos want Levein out

Paco, as an example, at the 3-1 cup win, Levein came down from the West Stand and stood in the tunnel for 5 minutes prior to half time - livid. Teams come off, Levein straight into the away dressing room. Cathro comes out like he's had a strip torn off him red eyed (literally) - Hearts players sent out stupidly early - a typical Levein tactic of 'show of defiance'. Hearts players stroll out, unconcerned, onto the pitch, Hibs fans in full voice :aok:

Cathro stood and questioned Steven McLean, asking why Hibs weren't out yet - to which SM rightly says 'not my fault you sent your team out early Ian'. Cathro and McPhee stand on touchline like very niave schoolboy coaches. Message gets back to Lennon - Neil plays a wee blinder and keeps the team in until very last second he can to keep Hearts waiting and ramp it up.

Levein was livid :greengrin so not only did we win 3-1, we worked it round Levein. It's all these little things that make a difference :aok:

Scott Allan Key
05-08-2017, 11:52 PM
Paco, as an example, at the 3-1 cup win, Levein came down from the West Stand and stood in the tunnel for 5 minutes prior to half time - livid. Teams come off, Levein straight into the away dressing room. Cathro comes out like he's had a strip torn off him red eyed (literally) - Hearts players sent out stupidly early - a typical Levein tactic of 'show of defiance'. Hearts players stroll out, unconcerned, onto the pitch, Hibs fans in full voice :aok:

Cathro stood and questioned Steven McLean, asking why Hibs weren't out yet - to which SM rightly says 'not my fault you sent your team out early Ian'. Cathro and McPhee stand on touchline like very niave schoolboy coaches. Message gets back to Lennon - Neil plays a wee blinder and keeps the team in until very last second he can to keep Hearts waiting and ramp it up.

Levein was livid :greengrin so not only did we win 3-1, we worked it round Levein. It's all these little things that make a difference :aok:

Great inside gem from an ITKer, truehibernian, thanks. It sounds like we have a Fergie, win at everything boss. He's might be a 'pwick' but he's our 'pwick'.

pacorosssco
06-08-2017, 12:02 AM

Never mind all the players signed with mate. Hope he stays on. I recon Robbie jumped chance to leave as was fed up with specy

SirDavidsNapper
06-08-2017, 12:03 AM
That lot have more to worry about than Jon Daly

Ozyhibby
06-08-2017, 12:20 AM
I actually think it was smart from Daly to do this. His team just got pumped but all anyone will talk about for the next few days are his comments. It takes the pressure away from his players.
They are still crap and this won't fix it but Daly has done well to deflect from his players whether he meant it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truehibernian
06-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Never mind all the players signed with mate. Hope he stays on. I recon Robbie jumped chance to leave as was fed up with specy

To be fair paco, I think RN left because he wanted to and because his stock was high. By all accounts he got on okay with Levein. Certainly didn't see the kind of interference from Levein as I have done with Cathro (on game days at Tynie). Neilson (for me) came across as his own man and someone who could stand up for himself.

One thing Neilson wasn't was arrogant. Neither was Stevie Crawford, and neither is Paul Gallagher. They had (and have) humility.

Cathro is extremely arrogant and dismissive (overy sure of himself too). So is Jon Daly and so is Austin McPhee (in my opinion). So is Levein. That's the problem with Hearts for me - individuals in their coaching structure are self absorbed and not about the 'team'. Definitely transmits to their players. Their self importance is so misplaced it's laughable.

Contrast that with Hibs - no substitute. Leeann, NL, GC, GM, EM......everything is geared towards the club, not on individuals and their own CVs. Real togetherness.

Still think Leeann Dempster is by far and away the best 'signing' we've made in decades when you look at the club as a whole and compare with others. Budge is having her eyes opened but she is very very niave of football and is being allowed to be 'advised' by the likes of Levein and Co.......long may that continue too as they are hopeless and hapless

truehibernian
06-08-2017, 12:34 AM
I actually think it was smart from Daly to do this. His team just got pumped but all anyone will talk about for the next few days are his comments. It takes the pressure away from his players.
They are still crap and this won't fix it but Daly has done well to deflect from his players whether he meant it or not.

Not for me Ozy - Hearts were expected to lose and the Rodgers criticism was directed at Craig Levein - if anyone needs to come out and defend their club it's Budge or their DoF (who it was aimed at).

Hearts don't need to deflect from their players. They're papped out the League Cup by part timers already, have a team full of loanees and unhappy players, no first team manager/coach, main stand late and over budget, fans in revolt - you'd need that Star Wars deflector shield to prevent the media ripping into them and they deserve it.

I'm loving it - fabulous viewing and my Hearts mates are literally spewing :greengrin

pacorosssco
06-08-2017, 12:39 AM
Funny a good friend of mine a jambo he hated neilson imo only because he lost 2? Games to us in 6? I said to him only way down from here and youll wish robbie back. Arrogance not a nice quality but Mourinho did ok with it. I wonder if Cathro thought himself above club players. Valencia and Newcastle background giving delusion of greatness.

Leanne D i agree 100% she has turned around. Brave call when just in job to sack Butcher and give Stubbs job. Petrie would have kept tozza bootcha on to save payout.

Funny how many ex teamates 4 6 0 are putting boot in he was obviously never liked

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2017, 12:41 AM

You could substitute Chelsea or Man U for Cardiff or Sunderland or whoever are making a James hunt of it. The point still stands - Rogers thinks he's untouchable up here as he's the big fish in a small pond.

He definitely needs brought back down a peg or 2. Having said that I'm not sure Jon Daly's the right man to try and do it!

pacorosssco
06-08-2017, 12:46 AM
You could substitute Chelsea or Man U for Cardiff or Sunderland or whoever are making a James hunt of it. The point still stands - Rogers thinks he's untouchable up here as he's the big fish in a small pond.

He definitely needs brought back down a peg or 2. Having said that I'm not sure Jon Daly's the right man to try and do it!

Rodgers only took Celtic job as not many other offers on table. I would say that he has made Celtic a much better side though and improved many players in squad. He wil go first chance he gets EPL or abroad. I dont see him Celtic dugout after this season.

Canon Hannan
06-08-2017, 06:03 AM

Media have asked Brendan Rodgers what he thinks if John Daly reaction and he simply said.....he can comment about management when he becomes a manager 😂😂😂😎👍
Superb!
BR is a gent. Met him when my son played Celtic in a closed door friendly. He spoke to all the lads and thanked them for the match which was just before an old firm game.

jacomo
06-08-2017, 07:36 AM

I thought his reaction was laughable.

Like it or not, Rodgers is a big name manager with a starry CV. People are going to ask for - and listen to - his opinion on things.

Daly is a coach acting as the caretaker at Hertz.

But what is really striking is the continued silence from Levein. Pulling the strings but refusing to say much in public.

Ozyhibby
06-08-2017, 07:39 AM
Rodgers only took Celtic job as not many other offers on table. I would say that he has made Celtic a much better side though and improved many players in squad. He wil go first chance he gets EPL or abroad. I dont see him Celtic dugout after this season.

An EPL job would have came up for Rodgers. He's at Celtic because it's a good job, they're paying him an EPL salary and he gets champions league football. Do you honestly think he is going to run off for the West Brom job?

RoYO!
06-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Daly's rant seemed clearly aimed as a rallying/ give me the job call.

That was purely for the hertz fans. It's hardly as if BR was saying anything particularly controversial and JD goes off on one. Purely so that hmfc fans can say- I like his fight, stick it up them, never get that from Cathro etc.

I'm sure they lapped it up. Hopefully they did! I'd love it if he got the job!

Thecat23
06-08-2017, 09:15 AM

I think both Cardiff and Sunderland have came under fire and rightly so too. It's part of the game that if some power crazed idiot wants to be in full control then they should be outed. Daly made a right fool of himself though.

Hearts have and always will have that, "it's not our fault" attitude or "the worlds against us." As for Rogers and Celtic I agree they need both need brought back down to earth. Be great if it was us to do it.

jacomo
06-08-2017, 09:20 AM
I think both Cardiff and Sunderland have came under fire and rightly so too. It's part of the game that if some power crazed idiot wants to be in full control then they should be outed. Daly made a right fool of himself though.

Hearts have and always will have that, "it's not our fault" attitude or "the worlds against us." As for Rogers and Celtic I agree they need both need brought back down to earth. Be great if it was us to do it.

:agree:

But Lenny knows the way to do that is on the pitch.

Not mouthing off after you've been skelped.

Oscar T Grouch
06-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Daly's rant seemed clearly aimed as a rallying/ give me the job call.

That was purely for the hertz fans. It's hardly as if BR was saying anything particularly controversial and JD goes off on one. Purely so that hmfc fans can say- I like his fight, stick it up them, never get that from Cathro etc.

I'm sure they lapped it up. Hopefully they did! I'd love it if he got the job!

If my twitter feeds anything to go by you're right. They're all creaming themselves over what he said. This whole thing has been orchestrated by the media and BR has come out on top imo. The jambos though loved JD having a dig so hopefully he'll get the gig and fail like his predecessor.

NYHibby
06-08-2017, 09:36 AM
I guess I don't follow the Jambos close enough. It took me three posts to realise that this thread wasn't about the golfer randomly trying to become their manager.

Biggie
06-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Daly needs to wind his neck in.....Rogers was bang on. Look at me Criagie I stood up for us, gies the job.
Actually hope he gets the gig as if he's going to react with something like this, imagine how he'll react when the pressures on.

Col2
06-08-2017, 09:46 AM
While the point he was trying to make was valid....he came over as an emotional inexperienced clown who was clearly taking instructions from his master. I wonder if he was given a note at half time to tell him what to say.

The greatest leaders are the ones that are visible and Levein is and always has been a total coward. But his boss, Budge, let's just say has a strong bond with the man who is 20 years younger. She thinks very highly of him 😉

jdships
06-08-2017, 09:55 AM
That lot have more to worry about than Jon Daly

:top marks
Absolutely !!
the Hearts supporters who live round me are not enthusiastic aniut Daly getting the job
The want a " apersonality / name /proven manager " which he certainly isn't !!
Most of their problems lie !" on the field" after watching yesterdays " display"
:na na:

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Absolutely !!
the Hearts supporters who live round me are not enthusiastic aniut Daly getting the job
Most of their problems lie !" on the field" after watching yesterdays " display"

They do, Steve McLarens name being banded about on kickback. Has he not been emptied out of every Managers job he's had?

jdships
06-08-2017, 09:57 AM
While the point he was trying to make was valid....he came over as an emotional inexperienced clown who was clearly taking instructions from his master. I wonder if he was given a note at half time to tell him what to say.

The greatest leaders are the ones that are visible and Levein is and always has been a total coward. But his boss, Budge, let's just say has a strong bond with the man who is 20 years younger. She thinks very highly of him 😉

Says it all for me
Thanks
:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2017, 09:57 AM
I think both Cardiff and Sunderland have came under fire and rightly so too.

Under fire from Rogers? Fair enough if he did.

Take away the fact it's Hearts he's talking about and would you think what he said is ok? I don't think many would agree - there's still loads in here that won't listen to the BBC radio because they criticised us in the relegation season!

Thecat23
06-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Under fire from Rogers? Fair enough if he did.

Take away the fact it's Hearts he's talking about and would you think what he said is ok? I don't think many would agree - there's still loads in here that won't listen to the BBC radio because they criticised us in the relegation season!

No idea if Rogers has but many in football did. Don't see the problem if I'm being honest. As for BBC they just laughable. Do you think Daly handled the situation well? I'd say most found it funny the way he got himself worked up in a wee frenzy.

Thecat23
06-08-2017, 10:15 AM
In all honesty Jon Daly made him and his club look exactly what they are right now. Foolish and a laughing stock! If an off the cuff comment can get to them that badly I hope Lennon has a wee pop once we pap them again. In fact didn't Lennon also stick up for Cathro in a recent interview?

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 10:24 AM
In all honesty Jon Daly made him and his club look exactly what they are right now. Foolish and a laughing stock! If an off the cuff comment can get to them that badly I hope Lennon has a wee pop once we pap them again. I fact didn't Lennon also stick up for Cathro in a recent interview?

Absolutely Cat, Managers are entitled to stick up for their colleagues

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Absolutely Cat, Managers are entitled to stick up for their colleagues

I don't think that's what the cats saying? Daly was sticking up for a colleague after another teams manager stuck up for Daly's ex colleague.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2017, 10:56 AM
No idea if Rogers has but many in football did. Don't see the problem if I'm being honest. As for BBC they just laughable. Do you think Daly handled the situation well? I'd say most found it funny the way he got himself worked up in a wee frenzy.

I don't think Rogers handled the situation well and then Daly (obviously trying to impress) got himself into a difficult spot.

If/when Rogers decides it's time to criticise Hibs I hope someone sticks up for us.

jacomo
06-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Absolutely !!

Happy new season Mr Ships!

Did you make it to the game yesterday? You are one of the elder statesmen on here.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2017, 12:08 PM
I don't think Rogers handled the situation well and then Daly (obviously trying to impress) got himself into a difficult spot.

If/when Rogers decides it's time to criticise Hibs I hope someone sticks up for us.

I agree. Rodgers comments, whether correct or not, were out of order.

We'd have been raging if words like these were used about Hibs.

"Especially when you’re a young coach, there are lot of opinions. You get so many so-called experts around you, looking to guide you.

They bring you in to do the job but you are getting messages from everywhere, really.

The one example, which everyone saw at Aberdeen – Christ Almighty."

The full statement - http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/rodgers-ian-cathro-undermined-by-confused-set-up-at-hearts-1-4523019

Thecat23
06-08-2017, 12:12 PM

I'd ignore him myself, I don't think I'd get myself angry if Rogers did have a go.

Thecat23
06-08-2017, 12:18 PM

"Especially when you’re a young coach, there are lot of opinions. You get so many so-called experts around you, looking to guide you.

They bring you in to do the job but you are getting messages from everywhere, really.

The full statement - http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/rodgers-ian-cathro-undermined-by-confused-set-up-at-hearts-1-4523019

Out of interest what was it exactly Rogers said that was so offensive? I haven't really read much into it just heard Daly going off like a silly wee girl. To me if your football club is being run badly (and Hearts is) then folk will speak about it.

We deserved the abuse under Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher. So I don't see why Hearts are all upset. Rogers is a plum in general yeah but I'd like to know what exactly was said.

High-On-Hibs
06-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Out of interest what was it exactly Rogers said that was so offensive? I haven't really read much into it just heard Daly going off like a silly wee girl. To me if your football club is being run badly (and Hearts is) then folk will speak about it.

We deserved the abuse under Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher. So I don't see why Hearts are all upset. Rogers is a plum in general yeah but I'd like to know what exactly was said.

He said nothing remotely offensive. He was asked a direct question about Hearts treatment of Cathro and he gave an honest but respectful answer. It's just Daly incorporating the Hearts psyche in the hope he'll be given the job.

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Managers in British football get serial-sacked.
It's not unknown for other managers to air views on a sacking when they see one of their number being done up.
Neither is it unknown for interim managers to stand up for their club and their employer.

Rodgers hasn't done a lot wrong by speaking up and neither has Daly by responding.

All looks pretty even to me and I'm surprised that there are folk on here who reckon either of them are chumps, knobs or whatever. I'd be more surprised still if these opinions could be backed up with some personal experience of either of them. They're both doing their jobs.

jax67
06-08-2017, 12:31 PM

The structure at Man Utd and Liverpool can hardly be
compared to them. Just my opinion.

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 12:32 PM

To quote Brenan Rodgers. "Christ Almighty".
I'm putting that image right to the back of my mind......

Thecat23
06-08-2017, 12:35 PM

Just read the Scotsman interview. Rodgers said absolutely nothing wrong.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2017, 12:37 PM

I posted a link to the article about what he said.

I don't think opposing managers should criticise the way other clubs are run or the actions of their background staff.

Imagine if someone said that Leeann should or shouldn't have done something.

Even if he was right, it's none of his business and he should have kept his thoughts to himself.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Just read the Scotsman interview. Rodgers said absolutely nothing wrong.

That's not the point though,TC. If hearts think it's ok to have the DOF invilved in the dressing room, that's up to them and none of BRs business.

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Managers in British football get serial-sacked.
It's not unknown for other managers to air views on a sacking when they see one of their number being done up.
Neither is it unknown for interim managers to stand up for their club and their employer.

Rodgers hasn't done a lot wrong by speaking up and neither has Daly by responding.

All looks pretty even to me and I'm surprised that there are folk on here who reckon either of them are chumps, knobs or whatever. I'd be more surprised still if these opinions could be backed up with some personal experience of either of them. They're both doing their jobs.

All part of the mind games before kick off. But Rodgers had a fair point. The players brought in by Levin did not fit with Cathro's total football. Cathro too had little control over team matters. It was same under Neilson with Levin pulling the strings. We will never know if Cathro will be a good manager only he spoke gobbledygook and he helped provide us with tremendous entertainment for the last 8 months along with of course the stand fiasco.

Thecat23
06-08-2017, 12:41 PM
I posted a link to the article about what he said.

I don't think opposing managers should criticise the way other clubs are run or the actions of their background staff.

Imagine if someone said that Leeann should or shouldn't have done something. Even if he was right, it's none of his business and he should have kept his thoughts to himself.

I think I'm football if a manager is asked a question like the one yesterday he's every right to reply. Cathro isn't their manager now and it's a talking point. Everyone in football knows who's pulling the strings so I think it's only fair other managers etc in football have a say on it.

Thecat23
06-08-2017, 12:42 PM
That's not the point though,TC. If hearts think it's ok to have the DOF invilved in the dressing room, that's up to them and none of BRs business.

I'm talking about the role this so called DOF takes on. He seems to be more than just that and not letting managers let them do the job. Have to agree to disagree on this I think.

neil7908
06-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Classic deflection tactic. All the Hearts fans raging at the terrible indignation against there team by that mean Brendan Rodgers rather than the terrible state of their club.

Been used to destruction by anyone and everyone associated with Rangers in the last few years.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2017, 12:45 PM
To quote Brenan Rodgers. "Christ Almighty".
I'm putting that image right to the back of my mind......

Hot.

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 12:46 PM
All part of the mind games before kick off. But Rodgers had a fair point. The players brought in by Levin did not fit with Cathro's total football. Cathro too had little control over team matters. It was same under Neilson with Levin pulling the strings. We will never know if Cathro will be a good manager only he spoke gobbledygook and he helped provide us with tremendous entertainment for the last 8 months along with of course the stand fiasco.

Yes. And Rodgers spoke out (fine by me) and Daly told him to mind his own (also).
It's also entertaining.

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Hot.

Specialist.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2017, 12:50 PM
I'm talking about the role this so called DOF takes on. He seems to be more than just that and not letting managers let them do the job. Have to agree to disagree on this I think.

That's up to hearts and it's not for the Celtic manager to decide if it's right or wrong.

One thing's for sure, it'll have done Daly's chances of getting the job no harm at all.

And that's a good thing. 👍

Hibbyradge
06-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Specialist.

I prefer the term eclectic.

Or catholic.

lapsedhibee
06-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Imagine if someone said that Leeann should or shouldn't have done something.

Have tried, honestly, but it's just too painful to bear. :wink:

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 12:58 PM
I prefer the term eclectic.

Or catholic.

Universal then, with a small c. Got you. Very eclectic. Still right at the back of my mind though. And it took 30-odd years to get rid of the wee green men that were there.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Universal then, with a small c. Got you. Very eclectic. Still right at the back of my mind though. And it took 30-odd years to get rid of the wee green men that were there.

They're asking for you, by the way. 👽👽👽

Thecat23
06-08-2017, 01:01 PM
That's up to hearts and it's not for the Celtic manager to decide if it's right or wrong.

One thing's for sure, it'll have done Daly's chances of getting the job no harm at all.

And that's a good thing. 👍

I'm praying he gets the job I really am 😁👍🏼

Hearts are so bad it's hard to actually take it. I'm not used to seeing them like this as in my 39 years of watching Hibs we have mostly been the second best due to Hearts financial doping.

Keyser Sauzee
06-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Levien supposedly taking the managers job now?? Heard it just now but most probably nonesense.

B.H.F.C
06-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Levien supposedly taking the managers job now?? Heard it just now but most probably nonesense.

Odds on with Skybet.

lapsedhibee
06-08-2017, 08:00 PM
"Now"? :confused:

Keyser Sauzee
06-08-2017, 08:12 PM
"Now"? :confused:

That's what I was told not sure how true it is need to wait and see

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 08:16 PM

Heard that too, also heard that Pressly and Hartley were done deals too

3pm
06-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Heard that too, also heard that Pressly and Hartley were done deals too

If that's the case, interesting he left the Parkhead gubbing for someone else.

jacomo
06-08-2017, 08:51 PM
If that's the case, interesting he left the Parkhead gubbing for someone else.

I heard that Levein desperately wanted to lead the troops into Parkhead, but was unfortunately and inconveniently caught by a violent stomach bug and was unable to do so.

matty_f
06-08-2017, 09:03 PM
I heard that Levein desperately wanted to lead the troops into Parkhead, but was unfortunately and inconveniently caught by a violent stomach bug and was unable to do so.

Can't think that Potter is the type to let a wee bit illness get in the way of him doing his bit for his team and team-mates at highly important moments.

Does he have previous for this?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Can't think that Potter is the type to let a wee bit illness get in the way of him doing his bit for his team and team-mates at highly important moments.

Had a major dose of the squits back in '86.

jacomo
06-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Had a major dose of the squits back in '86.

Did he?!

Tell me more!

:wink:

:hilarious

Bostonhibby
06-08-2017, 09:15 PM

If it wasn't for him the famous would have had absolutely no one permanently defending the away dressing room toilets at Dens Park whilst his team mates attempted to sweep to the victory that all their fans hats and T shirts had been proclaiming for weeks before.

It was unseen work, but he did his bit for the cause. If he wasn't superglued to the toilet bowl, he might have been able to stop Sir Albert Kidd claiming his place in Edinburgh folklore.

pacorosssco
06-08-2017, 09:33 PM
If Budge hadnt brought Levein back in he may well have still been out of game. Their relationship is beyond strange if you ask me. He wont go back in dugout as he prefers well paid gig where he hires and fires to deflect heat his direction

SteveHFC
06-08-2017, 09:34 PM

The seething amongst the Hearts support would be glorious if that happens. :greengrin

Thecat23
06-08-2017, 09:38 PM
I think think Levein is sleeping with Anne Budge. There I said it!!

pacorosssco
06-08-2017, 09:40 PM

I agree.

SteveHFC
06-08-2017, 09:42 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/e4Jyxh9zQjgnC/giphy.webp

greenlex
06-08-2017, 09:45 PM
If this comes to pass it's more like Anne Budge has said "ok you ya specky git. This has turned to *****. Sort it and there's no more cash to do it either"

mixumatosis
06-08-2017, 09:47 PM

This rings a bell, but I can't quite remember the circumstances. Does anyone have a picture that might aid my recollection ?

Keyser Sauzee
06-08-2017, 09:49 PM
David Obua 33/1 on sky bet, that is completely out of the blue from them 😂🙈

bawheid
06-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Absolutely praying now that sicknote takes the job on. Sniffle.

tamig
06-08-2017, 10:10 PM
If Budge hadnt brought Levein back in he may well have still been out of game. Their relationship is beyond strange if you ask me. He wont go back in dugout as he prefers well paid gig where he hires and fires to deflect heat his direction

A cushy number for a coward paco. I get the impression old Anne's patience is being tested a bit now though. If the next appointment goes tits up I can see Levein being emptied.

Deansy
06-08-2017, 10:11 PM
The seething amongst the Hearts support would be glorious if that happens. :greengrin

They'd be just as happy if the 'Seating' eventually arrived !!

pacorosssco
06-08-2017, 10:31 PM
A cushy number for a coward paco. I get the impression old Anne's patience is being tested a bit now though. If the next appointment goes tits up I can see Levein being emptied.

Or a job created for a lover??

The_Sauz
06-08-2017, 10:51 PM
This rings a bell, but I can't quite remember the circumstances. Does anyone have a picture that might aid my recollection ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Mikey09
06-08-2017, 11:23 PM
As much chance of Levein taking the managers job as Hertz winning the league cup. **** all. He's bulletproof as DOF with Budge thinking the sun shines out his arse!!

ekhibee
07-08-2017, 01:13 AM
Personally I can't think of a better bet than Fartley at 14/1 on Skybet. Good buddy of Levein too.

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2017, 04:41 AM

I would agree that they both seem in a very deep sleep and long may it continue.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-08-2017, 06:27 AM

What goes on in the "Loveboat" stays on the "Loveboat"

Hibby70
07-08-2017, 06:43 AM
What goes on in the "Loveboat" stays on the "Loveboat"

Is that the reason for the opaque glazing on the curtain wall, perhaps its a "red room".

green day
07-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Hearts fans talking about Steve McLaren. Wonder how he will get on with the Scottish accent in press conferences 😂

Libby Hibby
07-08-2017, 08:07 AM
Levein now out to 6/4 but interestingly Houston cut to 8/1 from 16's

PeeKay
07-08-2017, 08:30 AM

Don't you think it might be wise to have an "allegedly" in there somewhere :wink:

Jack Hackett
07-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Don't you think it might be wise to have an "allegedly" in there somewhere :wink:

Nah. The 'think' negates the necessity for an 'allegedly'.

Bostonhibby
07-08-2017, 08:54 AM

Decent odds for Levein to win on points over 10 rounds as he's good at keeping everything at arms length but Houston is a dirty wee sod so if he can get inside and use his enormous pink heid and get a bit of punching below the belt in I can see Levein throwing the towel in and heading for the toilets with a touch of the squats ala dens park 1986 by round 3.

Springbank
07-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Decent odds for Levein to win on points over 10 rounds as he's good at keeping everything at arms length but Houston is a dirty wee sod so if he can get inside and use his enormous pink heid and get a bit of punching below the belt in I can see Levein throwing the towel in and heading for the toilets with a touch of the squats ala dens park 1986 by round 3.

I might send in an application on the behalf of a Mr Graeme Hogg, ex-Hearts footballer, who would love to rekindle his working relationship with Craig Levein...

Bostonhibby
07-08-2017, 09:05 AM
I might send in an application on the behalf of a Mr Graeme Hogg, ex-Hearts footballer, who would love to rekindle his working relationship with Craig Levein...

Very good, remember the occasion well:take that

Harry Potter, floats like a wardrobe and stings like a tree.

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2017, 09:07 AM
The rumour going round the taxi rank last night was that Levein's out and Tommy Wright in.

wpj
07-08-2017, 09:13 AM

so much to love in this video :agree::flag::flag::flag:

Thecat23
07-08-2017, 09:16 AM

Nah, because I peeked into Leveins window last night and seen them together. Both in tight leather bondage gear. I'm emotionally scarred.

wpj
07-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Nah, because I peeked into Leveins window last night and seen them together. Both in tight leather bondage gear. I'm emotionally scarred.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7aTnTBlMbHjMl0Eo/giphy.gif

Bostonhibby
07-08-2017, 09:35 AM
so much to love in this video :agree::flag::flag::flag:

Looks like they were missing a key defender that day? who knows? Sir Albert seemed to walk right through them for the second goal.

Thecat23
07-08-2017, 09:35 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7aTnTBlMbHjMl0Eo/giphy.gif

😂

G B Young
07-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Cathro's much vaunted 'philosophy' seems to have been instantly ditched, with Daly keen to revert to the old up and at 'em hoofball tactics more traditionally associated with Hearts:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-playmaker-arnaud-djoum-says-10942441

stoneyburn hibs
07-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Stuck a fiver on both Hartley and Daly at 18/1 and 16/1.
Big beak is 33/1

high bee
07-08-2017, 10:49 AM
Cathro's much vaunted 'philosophy' seems to have been instantly ditched, with Daly keen to revert to the old up and at 'em hoofball tactics more traditionally associated with Hearts:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-playmaker-arnaud-djoum-says-10942441

So they tried to play the Hibs way, realised it is too difficult so it's back to hoofing it up the park.

Let's hope they don't also find it too difficult living within their means and go back to bumping everyone in sight.

Thecat23
07-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Steve McLaren in talks now 😂

greenlex
07-08-2017, 10:56 AM

Which accent?😂😂

wpj
07-08-2017, 10:57 AM

Shteeeve in talkshhhh

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Shteeeve in talkshhhh

Doubt it - he'll be in full "och aye the noo" mode.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2017, 11:05 AM
The rumour going round the taxi rank last night was that Levein's out and Tommy Wright in.

Fare chance of that

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Fare chance of that

:agree: it was an Uber fan that told me.

Coco Bryce
07-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Craig Levein will be the new manager :agree:

SouthMoroccoStu
07-08-2017, 12:08 PM

In their dreams

jacomo
07-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Doubt it - he'll be in full "och aye the noo" mode.

Ha!

Deansy
07-08-2017, 12:24 PM

After all these years but I've only just noticed and now realise why their fans never have a go at their team for 'Bottling it' - their own pathetic attempt at a pitch-invasion (08:10) mirrored their team's efforts that glorious day and was never gonna get that game stopped !

Brooster
07-08-2017, 12:42 PM
I know they spoke to O'Neill for 2 days before talks broke down on Friday night.

Betty Boop
07-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Hope Michael O Neill doesn't end up there. :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
07-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Steve McLaren in talks now [emoji23]I really hope he ends up there. Another talking heid who expects a big budget and knows how to blow one. He was probably not expecting to manage at a senior level again.

Is It On....
07-08-2017, 12:51 PM

He is arrogant enough to apply but I would be astonished if Hearts were seriously considering him as his record is appalling. Would be funny if true though.

Thecat23
07-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Which accent?😂😂

Would love to hear his Scottish accent. I really hope he gets it for comedy value.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-08-2017, 01:19 PM

Job description says that the new manager has to like a three sided ground. Houston will soon be odds on.

JimboHibs
07-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Hope Michael O Neill doesn't end up there. :rolleyes:

No chance

Silversand
07-08-2017, 01:26 PM
I know they spoke to O'Neill for 2 days before talks broke down on Friday night.M or M? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2017, 01:27 PM
M or M? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkNeither...absolutely no chance of either ending up there imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dalianwanda
07-08-2017, 02:01 PM

He has a hair island!🎵 love the Steve McLaren stories on Athletico Mince podcast..

SirDavidsNapper
07-08-2017, 02:10 PM

They really dont know how to stop shooting themselves in the foot. Please let this happen!

Smartie
07-08-2017, 02:15 PM
That fake Conrad Logan account has just put a great picture on Facebook.

It's a picture of Craig Levein at the desk in the bookies, asking for odds on Steve McLaren to get the Hearts job and for advice on cracking open a big pink cow.

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2017, 02:34 PM
That fake Conrad Logan account has just put a great picture on Facebook.

It's a picture of Craig Levein at the desk in the bookies, asking for odds on Steve McLaren to get the Hearts job and for advice on cracking open a big pink cow.

I saw that, too.

If it's recent, someone might be getting their jotters soon. :cb

Diclonius
07-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Imagine McLaren working under Levein. That wouldn't last long.

matty_f
07-08-2017, 02:45 PM
He has a hair island!🎵 love the Steve McLaren stories on Athletico Mince podcast..

That's all I hear whenever I see him now. :greengrin

Dalianwanda
07-08-2017, 02:52 PM

That's all I hear whenever I see him now. :greengrin

😃 Me too. That & "you silly Rodney plonker"

snooky
07-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Job description says that the new manager has to like a three sided ground. Houston will soon be odds on.
:boo hoo: Oh dear. The Eternal Triangle.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Steve McClaren? I just don't see where the wages would come from and what about their transfer budget being so small?

CallumLaidlaw
07-08-2017, 04:04 PM
I saw that, too.

If it's recent, someone might be getting their jotters soon. :cb

Why? Plenty other things to bet on other than football.

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Why? Plenty other things to bet on other than football.

I was meaning the person who took the photo.

G B Young
07-08-2017, 04:28 PM
He is arrogant enough to apply but I would be astonished if Hearts were seriously considering him as his record is appalling. Would be funny if true though.

Some of his achievements as a manager have been impressive, in particular his first spell in Dutch football. He also did well at Boro for a while, winning their first ever major trophy and was also surprisingly good in his first spell as Derby boss. Terrible at Newcastle though (can anyone actually manage that club successfully mind you?) and out of his depth as England boss. A short-term success kind of manager, with his accomplishments built on shifting sands. His second spells at Twente and Derby were dismal, while his 'wally with a brolly', his toe-curling 'Dutch' accent and his daft attempts to work wonders with the few hairs he has left on the top of his head render him a bit of a comedy figure.

A spent force I feel, and with no player budget to speak of I sense he'd be a disaster at Hearts. If he's seriously interested in the job it can only be down to the fact he still needs a working wage.

Smartie
07-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Some of his achievements as a manager have been impressive, in particular his first spell in Dutch football. He also did well at Boro for a while, winning their first ever major trophy and was also surprisingly good in his first spell as Derby boss. Terrible at Newcastle though (can anyone actually manage that club successfully mind you?) and out of his depth as England boss. A short-term success kind of manager, with his accomplishments built on shifting sands. His second spells at Twente and Derby were dismal, while his 'wally with a brolly', his toe-curling 'Dutch' accent and his daft attempts to work wonders with the few hairs he has left on the top of his head render him a bit of a comedy figure.

A spent force I feel, and with no player budget to speak of I sense he'd be a disaster at Hearts. If he's seriously interested in the job it can only be down to the fact he still needs a working wage.

Great pundit though.

He's responsible for the finest bit of football punditry the world is ever likely to see.

If Hearts are filling out some sort of checklist to ensure that their manager is clueless, delusional, and in possession of a ridiculous superiority complex then they should consider this clip to be part of his job application.

https://youtu.be/fFLkswU4xBQ

Golden Bear
07-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Steve McClaren? I just don't see where the wages would come from and what about their transfer budget being so small?

Unless of course some mystery benefactor will be bankrolling his salary.

I'm_cabbaged
07-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Unless of course some mystery benefactor will be bankrolling his salary.

Like FOH, instead of buying shares 😂

Kevvy1875
07-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Hearing that Michael O'Neill was in to meet them friday and walked out(sorry if already posted). Also hearing from a St J fan with connections in the club that Tommy Wright is a done deal. Obviously a big pinch of salt required but thought I would add my 2 penny's worth. I believe the guy but someone might be feeding him sh*te....who knows.

lapsedhibee
07-08-2017, 05:04 PM
I was meaning the person who took the photo.

Was it taken from staff side of the counter though? Think perhaps not.

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Was it taken from staff side of the counter though? Think perhaps not.

Just looked at it again, and you're right.

Let's go back to the original story... that's more fun.:greengrin

G B Young
07-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Has Alex McLeish never been quoted? He seemed to be touting himself for a return to Ibrox earlier in the year and obviously knows Scottish football.

I thought he did a great job at Hibs and was under-rated as Rangers boss but a decidedly patchy record in more recent years and it's next to impossible to imagine him agreeing to work under Levein.

SirDavidsNapper
07-08-2017, 05:11 PM
From a Hibs point of view, McLaren, Elvis or Daly would be absolutely terrific

StPauli
07-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Great pundit though.

He's responsible for the finest bit of football punditry the world is ever likely to see.

If Hearts are filling out some sort of checklist to ensure that their manager is clueless, delusional, and in possession of a ridiculous superiority complex then they should consider this clip to be part of his job application.

https://youtu.be/fFLkswU4xBQ

Quality:top markshave'nt seen that before but it made me chuckle lots.

Firestarter
07-08-2017, 06:16 PM
They all think it will be chocolate McLaren, it will end up Pressley. Can't wait for the Elvis puns when we spank that mob.

R'Albin
07-08-2017, 06:21 PM
They all think it will be chocolate McLaren, it will end up Pressley. Can't wait for the Elvis puns when we spank that mob.

If Stokes needed any motivation to give them a doing then that's it :greengrin

Aldo
07-08-2017, 06:30 PM

What transfer budget??

By all accounts it has already been spent HC?? Latest signings have been loanees which to me indicates there might not be anything left in the tin bar crumbs??

Northernhibee
07-08-2017, 06:43 PM
McLaren would be the perfect appointment. Past it and would cost them a fortune to punt when the **** hits the fan.

WhileTheChief..
07-08-2017, 06:56 PM
He'd be a good addition to the game up here.

Would be interesting to see how he gets on with such a crap squad but at least he's a proper manager.

He'll also provide us with plenty laughs.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2017, 07:00 PM
He'd be a good addition to the game up here.

Would be interesting to see how he gets on with such a crap squad but at least he's a proper manager.

He'll also provide us with plenty laughs.

He does understand it rains up here

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2017, 07:01 PM
He does understand it rains up here

He's got a brolly.

I wonder if he'll bring calderwood up with him as his assistant?

heretoday
07-08-2017, 07:11 PM
He's got a brolly.

I wonder if he'll bring calderwood up with him as his assistant?

That would be good. Then we might see him again looking miserable in the dugout as he did at ER.

07-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Would love to hear his Scottish accent. I really hope he gets it for comedy value.

Shouldn't take him long to perfect the accent. He can do Dutch which isn't that far away from a Sean Connery accent.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Are they seriously talking with McLaren?

Despite his questionable management record, he'll be demanding crazy money!

Plus I don't think he'll see hearts and Scotland has his way back to the "big time"

jacomo
07-08-2017, 07:37 PM
What transfer budget??

By all accounts it has already been spent HC?? Latest signings have been loanees which to me indicates there might not be anything left in the tin bar crumbs??

Plenty of money for new players.

Budge is running a tab so she will just add to that . The fans will pick it up

Aldo
07-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Plenty of money for new players.

Budge is running a tab so she will just add to thatcher . The fans will pick it up

So they can owe it to themselves?? Nice

jacomo
07-08-2017, 07:50 PM

:agree:

At 6% interest.

Jack Hackett
07-08-2017, 07:51 PM

I think they call it self-sufficiency. It's what 'The Beautiful People' are doing this summer instead of lounging on the beach in hertz kit

Aldo
07-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I think they call it self-sufficiency. It's what 'The Beautiful People' are doing this summer instead of lounging on the beach in hertz kit

[emoji23]

hibees 7062
07-08-2017, 08:01 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20729610_1475121005912301_6246573372097623798_n.jp g?oh=079cd67c147a14cf10cf25050de63c6f&oe=5A37A22A

Potter knows

joe t
07-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Anyone fancy guessing shteve mclarens agent? You'll never believe it!!🤑🤑🤑

bingo70
07-08-2017, 08:06 PM

JOhn Colquhoun?

joe t
07-08-2017, 08:10 PM
JOhn Colquhoun?

We have a winner.

bingo70
07-08-2017, 08:11 PM
I suspect Hearts will get this appointment wrong, Apart from me really hoping they do I suspect from looking over social media that in order to appeal to the masses and calm them down they'll appoint someone to try and prove how big a club they are, rather than the right man for the job. I also suspect whoever gets the job may even mention them being a big club at the first press conference.

Bostonhibby
07-08-2017, 08:13 PM
We have a winner.

Wouldn't it be cheaper if Budgie just got Colquhoun to build the stand as well as everything else?

penihibs
07-08-2017, 08:23 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20729610_1475121005912301_6246573372097623798_n.jp g?oh=079cd67c147a14cf10cf25050de63c6f&oe=5A37A22A
I'm
Potter knows

I'm sure he's just into collect charity box on view too put towards new stand!!

Bostonhibby
07-08-2017, 08:28 PM

Potter knows

That's £5000 on Craig Levein to be next Hearts manager, and be quick about it I have 20 other bookies to get into before the announcement.

Eyrie
07-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Given Daly's response to Rodgers's comments, McClaren must fancy being the new whiney at Tynie.

Deansy
07-08-2017, 08:35 PM
We have a winner.

Seriously ?? That's hilarious - say what you like about Levein but as 'Babbling-brook's go, he's ace !!

Hibbyradge
07-08-2017, 08:42 PM

I don't think he has an agent.

AlbertK86
07-08-2017, 08:45 PM

Confirmed on sportsound tonight it is Colquhoun

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Biggie
07-08-2017, 08:47 PM

Yeah he does...pretty sure that's what they said on bbc Scotland tonight.....couldn't make it up

Hibbyradge
07-08-2017, 08:49 PM
That's a recent development then.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steve-mcclaren/profil/trainer/458

He must want the job.

Colr
07-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Steve MacLaren lives in a town called Yam!

Hibbyradge
07-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Steve MacLaren lives in a town called Yam!

:faf:

Yarm, ya bam.

proud_and_green
07-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Cracking post on the subject of MacLaren on Sickbag:

"Haven't read all posts so not sure if it's been mentioned already but I'm sure I read recently that he was studying for a degree with view to moving upstairs within football. He has ambitions to own/run a football club.

Maybe he sees this as an opportunity to manage whilst gaining experience in the running of a club which is being run properly.

Just a thought."

Outstanding!

07-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Cracking post on the subject of MacLaren on Sickbag:

"Haven't read all posts so not sure if it's been mentioned already but I'm sure I read recently that he was studying for a degree with view to moving upstairs within football. He has ambitions to own/run a football club.

Maybe he sees this as an opportunity to manage whilst gaining experience in the running of a club which is being run properly.

Just a thought."

Outstanding!

He'll have to bring his own seat though, or a bean bag.

Firestarter
07-08-2017, 09:35 PM
If Stokes needed any motivation to give them a doing then that's it :greengrin

Ken! Please be Pressley. He's as much of a tosser as Folkes/Budge/Potter so he would fit right in.

Hibby soldier
08-08-2017, 12:17 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/edgar-davids-declares-interest-in-hearts-job-reports-1-4525411

Colr
08-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Bit of a step down from Barnet!!

rossevenil
08-08-2017, 12:21 PM
I know the EEN is a sham of a paper but taking your story from another rag of a paper and printing it is awful.
Great journalism right there.

allezsauzee
08-08-2017, 12:22 PM
I hope that Hearts go for the expensive, inexperienced option however i think they will go for the opposite with either Harry Potter or Houston taking the job.

1van Sprou7e
08-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Not a chance in hell this happens

Jones28
08-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Some interesting candidates have come up, but none that I would want Hibs.

Colr
08-08-2017, 12:28 PM
McLaren would be the perfect appointment. Past it and would cost them a fortune to punt when the **** hits the fan.

Can't wait to hear him acquire a Scottish accent if you recall that episode!

calumhibee1
08-08-2017, 12:41 PM
This would be amazing. He's nuts.

G B Young
08-08-2017, 12:46 PM
It would surely eradicate what, if any, credibility Craig Levein has if they appoint a dinosaur like McClaren.

Here's what Levein had to say ahead of the Cathro appointment:

"We are looking for a young, intelligent, energetic, enthusiastic coach who can help us move on from where we are. That is the approach we have decided on. The salary is not astronomical and, just like signing players, sometimes you need to see potential in people and develop them with room to improve. A lot of experienced managers can be set in their ways and have expectation levels of salary and suchlike."

McClaren must be a good few years older than Levein and is the epitome of a 'set in their ways' experienced manager, so if he goes with him it's an open admission that the masterplan has failed.

Is It On....
08-08-2017, 12:48 PM
This would be amazing. He's nuts.

Agreed. They took him of TV because he was awful. Clarence Seedorf on the other hand was brilliant (which is why he has never even heard of Hearts).

Bostonhibby
08-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Edgar Wallace maybe? Knew how to spin a good story and could spell check or even write their press releases

Diclonius
08-08-2017, 12:55 PM
"Discipline was a major problem for Davids in the 2013–14 season. He was booked in each of the first eight league games he played, and he was sent off three times in those first eight games. There was also controversy when it emerged that he would not attend away games that required an overnight stay, leaving assistant manager Ulrich Landvreugd to take charge."

What a guy. Yes please.

MrSmith
08-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Has to be Edgar Allan Poe as hearts are horror story 😱

CMurdoch
08-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Budge has a very expensive stand to find money for and has a director of football on good money who brought in an idiot to manage the team.
Accordingly if I was her I would be instructing Potter to be manager and that he will be getting his jotters if he doesn't make a good job of it.

xyz23jc
08-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Some interesting candidates have come up, but none that I would want Hibs.

Quite happy with what we've got thank you very much! No need to keep looking over our shoulder at what the deluded ones are doing, even for comedy value! There is class....Then there is Hibs class. END OF. FACT. :greengrin:duck:

Is It On....
08-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Budge has a very expensive stand to find money for and has a director of football on good money who brought in an idiot to manage the team.
Accordingly if I was her I would be instructing Potter to be manager and that he will be getting his jotters if he doesn't make a good job of it.

Actually agree with that..

Iain G
08-08-2017, 01:57 PM

The Tell-tale Hearts?

Thecat23
08-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Hearts job is seen a a bit of a joke by the look of applications being sent to them. Guys who are out the game and know no one will touch them. Shows no serious manager like Michael O'Neill would take it.

fat freddy
08-08-2017, 02:06 PM

And travellers, now, within that valley,

Through the red-litten windows see

Vast forms that move fantastically

To a discordant melody;

While, like a ghastly rapid river,

Through the pale door

A hideous throng rush out forever,

And laugh—but smile no more.

portycabbage
08-08-2017, 02:16 PM
It would surely eradicate what, if any, credibility Craig Levein has if they appoint a dinosaur like McClaren.

"We are looking for a young, intelligent, energetic, enthusiastic coach who can help us move on from where we are. That is the approach we have decided on. The salary is not astronomical and, just like signing players, sometimes you need to see potential in people and develop them with room to improve. A lot of experienced managers can be set in their ways and have expectation levels of salary and suchlike."

McClaren must be a good few years older than Levein and is the epitome of a 'set in their ways' experienced manager, so if he goes with him it's an open admission that the masterplan has failed.

McLaren's "suchlike" demands are probably too high for Avril's tastes then.

Hibbycol
08-08-2017, 04:45 PM
And travellers, now, within that valley,

Through the red-litten windows see

Vast forms that move fantastically

To a discordant melody;

While, like a ghastly rapid river,

Through the pale door

A hideous throng rush out forever,

And laugh—but smile no more.[emoji471]and the award for most cultured post goes to.....! Yourself sir .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

fat freddy
08-08-2017, 05:06 PM
[emoji471]and the award for most cultured post goes to.....! Yourself sir .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It's uncannily accurate for something written so long ago, it's almost like Old Edgar knew that red glazing would be used on the new Dalry Fish Tank

Is It On....
08-08-2017, 05:36 PM
"In all honesty I'd like a manager who employees a direct/ fast approach.

Klopp not fancy the gig?"

I kid you not..

Is It On....
08-08-2017, 05:37 PM

McLaren certainly has room to improve 😂😂

Mainstandman
08-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Just watched the john daly interview from sportscene. Please give him the job

Jones28
08-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Quite happy with what we've got thank you very much! No need to keep looking over our shoulder at what the deluded ones are doing, even for comedy value! There is class....Then there is Hibs class. END OF. FACT. :greengrin:duck:

Agree with this!

Joe6-2
08-08-2017, 08:03 PM
The Tell-tale Hearts?

The PIT and the pendulum.......tick-tock

McD
09-08-2017, 08:58 AM
"In all honesty I'd like a manager who employees a direct/ fast approach.

Klopp not fancy the gig?"

I kid you not..

Wow :no way::hahaha:

Geo_1875
09-08-2017, 10:10 AM
The PIT and the pendulum.......tick-tock

The Moneypit and the Pendulum

jacomo
09-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Hearts obviously leaking the Steve McLaren interest to the media so I assume there's something in it.

Or is his agent just trying to flush out interest from other clubs?

High profile name but comes across as a walloper so a good fit from that point of view.

#persevered
09-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Hearts obviously leaking the Steve McLaren interest to the media so I assume there's something in it.

High profile name but comes across as a walloper so a good fit from that point of view.

Yup. Here's hoping for another expensive flop.

Springbank
Here's an angle I haven't seen discussed anywhere else - apologies if I've missed it elsewhere.

Would we all be agreed that Hearts are drawing up a shortlist, and then an interview panel would interview all the candidates, to pick the best one?

Assuming that's all a "yes" so far, would you assume that 2 of the 3 Hearts employees asking the questions at the interviews would be Budge & Levein, as chairwoman and DoF?

Assuming that's all a "yes" too, that would be all "so far so good, all fairly standard & straightforward". But here's the rub...

MacLaren is favourite with the bookies.

Levein himself is second favourite.

Q1 - is Levein going to interview other applicants whilst he is himself a fellow competitor/candidate?

Q2 - what does Shteve MacLaren think of being interviewed by the bookies second favourite???
How can that possibly be fair, in any job, in any walk of life? Surely you don't even turn up for that interview if you're an ex-England boss, who has actually won trophies in Europe and at home, compared with Levein's rotten record at Hearts, Leicester & Scotland???

Q3 - After interviewing MacLaren (and let's assume it's a fair interview) is Levein then going to interview himself (jumping from one side of the table to the other as he goes) or what is the deal with that - does he interview everyone else but then they "empty chair" him from the panel, for when it's his turn to be interviewed???

Q4 - Let's assume he does interview himself for a second...
**Craig Interviewer Levein, DoF : So, Craig, CandidateCraig, where do you see yourself in 5 years...
**Craig Candidate Levein, applicant : In 5 years I see myself obsessing about Hibs, interviewing myself, asking Mrs Budge to spend £250k to relay a pitch after a game with Hibs when it wasn't the pitch it was the players' who couldn't pass 5 yards; proving the world that I was right and they were all wrong, every last one of them, even if Peterhead beat us and we are bottom of the fledgling SPFL table, and above all I see myself as being the Hearts Manager, whether I am or not...

Super_JMcGinn

I've never had a flutter on manager betting before but just got a tip from a Hearts supporting friend who claims Hartley has been approached. 20/1 at the moment, worth a wee fiver I thought. Her source is a bit of a walloper mind you so I'm not overly confident.

Lancs Harp
09-08-2017, 12:11 PM
Steve McLaren is very much a "hands on" manager/coach couldnt see him working under or with CL at all.

Thecat23
09-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Well I've been told this morning that Steve McLaren's agent is none other than John Colquhoun. As we know Potter has shares in Johns agency. My money is now on McLaren.

There is defo something not right about all his signings from the same company. Also apparently Cathro FAILED his licence at the first attempt and guess when he passed it? When Craig Levein was Scotland manager. Loads saying he struggled big time and Potter helped him with everything.

The source of this info is a former Hearts player, who was "allegedly" booked for being ugly. Make of this what you will.

jacomo
09-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Steve McLaren is very much a "hands on" manager/coach couldnt see him working under or with CL at all.

So Levein wouldn't want McLaren to get the job because it makes his role redundant.

But Levein doesn't want to return to the dug out himself.

What to do eh?

The Jambos will be cross if Daly or Hartley get it now.

HibbySpurs
09-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Sure someone has stated this but McLaren would be ideal for them...

It all stems from their utter obsession with us and them being the "big team/famous" or whatever other rubbish the spout...

They were smarting when NL was appointed as despite their protestations they know he's a big name and miles ahead of what they had...

To appease the believers I see them pushing the boat out (even though they can't afford it) to get the umbrella man on board as to them he will be a bigger name than NL and put us poor hobos back in our place....

The fact he's guff won't matter until it all falls apart and they have to figure out how to afford bumping him....

Appointment of McLaren wouldn't worry me in the slightest.

inglisavhibs
09-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Well I've been told this morning that Steve McLaren's agent is none other than John Colquhoun. As we know Potter has shares in Johns agency. My money is now on McLaren.

There is defo something not right about all his signings from the same company. Also apparently Cathro FAILED his licence at the first attempt and guess when he passed it? When Craig Levein was Scotland manager. Loads saying he struggled big time and Potter helped him with everything.

The source of this info is a former Hearts player, who was "allegedly" booked for being ugly. Make of this what you will.
Levein, Cathro and Mclaren all use the same agency which employs Levein's mate Colquhoun. They are all welcome to each other:rolleyes:

G B Young
10-08-2017, 09:31 AM
A bizarrely relaxed approach to getting someone appointed according to this, which states that prior commitments mean that Ann Budge won't be able to interview anyone next week (is she having to use her yacht to ferry over the seats for the new stand?):

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other_football/15464946.Hearts_to_start_interviewing_for_a_new_ma nager_this_week/

The fact they don't even have any plans in place to speak to McClaren makes me wonder if they want to string the whole process out until it's too late for the new manager to make any signings in this window as they know they don't have any cash to spare.

If they can keep this dragging on for a couple of weeks in the hope that Daly can scrape a few points they can then claim that they couldn't come to an agreement on budgets etc with any of the bigger names in the frame and appoint Daly on the basis he's impressed them by the way he's handled things.

IWasThere2016
10-08-2017, 09:34 AM

:agree: - and he won't get out of bed for the money the Yams will be offering.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2017, 09:43 AM

They said this on the radio last week when McLaren was first linked - think it was Tom English that said it.

Colquhoun is definitely his agent.

Bostonhibby
10-08-2017, 09:46 AM
They said this on the radio last week when McLaren was first linked - think it was Tom English that said it.

Wonder if Colquhoun has any other managers in his catalogue he can flog them? plus commission and expenses naturally.

Still think they should get Colquhoun to build the stand and do the chips etc................

Col2
10-08-2017, 09:53 AM
I am willing to bet a reasonable amount that it won't be McLaren.

The story suited both parties at the time. Hearts having a nightmare PR wise and some positive gossip in media about ex England manager changed the narrative some what. It also suggested Levein was more open to experienced coach which again took pressure off in short term. McLaren gets his name in public and we all know that English Championship clubs will get twitchy if clubs have bad start and September is always a month to sack a manager or two. McLaren is waiting in background.

Levein is highest paid employee at club earning c £200k. Cathro was on around half of that. Would Budge really replace a £100k first team coach with a minimum £500k a year McLaren while Levien continue to be paid as director of football? No chance.

Said it before, Levein wants Daly to get the job. Daly will get a few games and if he wins a game or two in next 3 weeks he will be favourite. If not it will be another young coach/desperate type who will become the next yam puppet.

jacomo
10-08-2017, 10:16 AM
Why would an ex-England manager be happy reporting to an ex-Scotland manager?

Both were absolutely useless at those jobs but McLaren has a much better cv than Levein and I can't see how those two egos could possibly work together.

The risk for Hertz is that, having leaked interest from a big name, failure to appoint McLaren will be seen as failure. And Levein will get the blame.

I don't understand what they are up to at all.

Firestarter
10-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Dougie Freedman will get it. Hearts wouldn't have leaked Shteve because they want Freedman or Daly.

jacomo
10-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Dougie Freedman will get it. Hearts wouldn't have leaked Shteve because they want Freedman or Daly.

If Hertz didn't leak McLaren's name then the agent did.

Scotsman reporting is clearly based on a very close source.

JimBHibees
10-08-2017, 10:48 AM
I am willing to bet a reasonable amount that it won't be McLaren.

The story suited both parties at the time. Hearts having a nightmare PR wise and some positive gossip in media about ex England manager changed the narrative some what. It also suggested Levein was more open to experienced coach which again took pressure off in short term. McLaren gets his name in public and we all know that English Championship clubs will get twitchy if clubs have bad start and September is always a month to sack a manager or two. McLaren is waiting in background.

Levein is highest paid employee at club earning c £200k. Cathro was on around half of that. Would Budge really replace a £100k first team coach with a minimum £500k a year McLaren while Levien continue to be paid as director of football? No chance.

Said it before, Levein wants Daly to get the job. Daly will get a few games and if he wins a game or two in next 3 weeks he will be favourite. If not it will be another young coach/desperate type who will become the next yam puppet.

Pretty much sums it up. Suited both parties to link the job to McLaren without of course having any intention of taking it.

Billy Whizz
10-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Hearts fans I was with last night, said Freedman was getting it
Bet you they can than their lucky stars for this appt😄

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Remember when they were speaking to Venables, Robson and Scala and they ended up with Graham Rix?

Bostonhibby
10-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Freedman is a good shout. Done nothing. Poor at forest, already said he's happy with Potter interfering and he's likely to be cheap.

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2017, 11:43 AM
I just couldn't see the point of Hertz appointing McLaren. Of all the names mentioned he would surely command the biggest wage by a distance and at the end of the day it doesn't matter a damn how good a manager you are if you aren't given anything to work with.

There is no doubt that Hertz can be improved, but that could be done by any one of a number of decent managers out there with half an idea of how to maximise the potential of the available players .... it would be nuts to spend a fortune to achieve what is possible spending far less.

But this is a club who spent a pile of cash relaying their pitch mid season ..... which at the time was a bit like getting a new baize laid on your snooker table and ignoring the fact that you had 3 reds and the black missing and the cues were bent.

They are also spending a fortune where they didn't have to on the main stand ..... They could have built a perfectly acceptable replacement for the death trap, with the potential to extend it further in later years, for two thirds of what they appear to be going to have spent by the time its finished ..... they are like these folk on 'grand designs' who have the money to build a beautiful mansion but instead try to build a castle for twice the cost and way over what they can actually afford.

If McLaren truly is a serious candidate for this job in the minds of the Gorgie Greenhouse board then what the Yams have on their hands are custodians of the club who think the can fund a millionaire's lifestyle on a bin man's wages ...... If I was a Yam I would be asking questions, but as we all know they wont :greengrin

Springbank
10-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Freedman is a good shout. Done nothing. Poor at forest, already said he's happy with Potter interfering and he's likely to be cheap.

When you're considered to be poorer than The Magic Hat, you'll make an ideal hearts boss...as far as this Hibby is concerned

"...when suddenly it dawned, to win the Scottish Cup he'd need a f:gwa: wand..."

Bostonhibby
10-08-2017, 11:52 AM
I just couldn't see the point of Hertz appointing McLaren. Of all the names mentioned he would surely command the biggest wage by a distance and at the end of the day it doesn't matter a damn how good a manager you are if you aren't given anything to work with.

There is no doubt that Hertz can be improved, but that could be done by any one of a number of decent managers out there with half an idea of how to maximise the potential of the available players .... it would be nuts to spend a fortune to achieve what is possible spending far less.

But this is a club who spent a pile of cash relaying their pitch mid season ..... which at the time was a bit like getting a new baize laid on your snooker table and ignoring the fact that you had 3 reds and the black missing and the cues were bent.

They are also spending a fortune where they didn't have to on the main stand ..... They could have built a perfectly acceptable replacement for the death trap, with the potential to extend it further in later years, for two thirds of what they appear to be going to have spent by the time its finished ..... they are like these folk on 'grand designs' who have the money to build a beautiful mansion but instead try to build a castle for twice the cost and way over what they can actually afford.

If McLaren truly is a serious candidate for this job in the minds of the Gorgie Greenhouse board then what the Yams have on their hands are custodians of the club who think the can fund a millionaire's lifestyle on a bin man's wages ...... If I was a Yam I would be asking questions, but as we all know they wont :greengrinExactly.

Vlads legacy is that in the vague hope of realising the champions league win by 2008, megasuperhotelstadium, world cup stars, never losing to anyone by 5 goals, splitting the infirm etc.... it is now possible for anyone running the club to tell them, and ask them for, anything and they swallow it without question.

It's why they're in the decline they are, are now a bit of a comedy club to those looking in and will have the smell of the bumped creditors hanging around for a while yet.

cocteautwin
10-08-2017, 12:06 PM
I'll eat my magic hat if anyone external is appointed. The only reason McPhee is still there is they couldn't afford the £240k contract pay off they would have had to give him on top of the £300k they gave Cathro. Better to make him useful for his money and keep him on in some sort of coaching capacity. There's no way they're appointing externally. Daly or Levein is my guess. They'll probably hope Daly gets a couple of wins in the next few weeks and then they can keep him on without any new signings and then bin him at the end of the season if he avoids relegation. Totally cash strapped.

Bostonhibby
10-08-2017, 12:10 PM
I'll eat my magic hat if anyone external is appointed. The only reason McPhee is still there is they couldn't afford the £240k contract pay off they would have had to give him on top of the £300k they gave Cathro. Better to make him useful for his money and keep him on in some sort of coaching capacity. There's no way they're appointing externally. Daly or Levein is my guess. They'll probably hope Daly gets a couple of wins in the next few weeks and then they can keep him on without any new signings and then bin him at the end of the season if he avoids relegation. Totally cash strapped.This would seem the most likely outcome. Hope so as it will be great to see how they spin it. The couple of yams I know want Levein emptied. Great times ahead.

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2017, 12:11 PM
I'll eat my magic hat if anyone external is appointed. The only reason McPhee is still there is they couldn't afford the £240k contract pay off they would have had to give him on top of the £300k they gave Cathro. Better to make him useful for his money and keep him on in some sort of coaching capacity. There's no way they're appointing externally. Daly or Levein is my guess. They'll probably hope Daly gets a couple of wins in the next few weeks and then they can keep him on without any new signings and then bin him at the end of the season if he avoids relegation. Totally cash strapped.

Killie away - Killie lost 1st game at home, so will be desperate to get a win
Rangers away - Will be seething from being pumped the week before, so will be desperate to get a win
Motherwell away - erm, probably will need a win,....

in all seriousness 3 tough away games to come, as well as a league cup QTR final match.

bigwheel
10-08-2017, 12:12 PM

That bit is not true - he is highly rated...at Tynecastle and further afield. They want him to stay.

IWasThere2016
10-08-2017, 12:14 PM

Where'd these figs come from?

Captain Trips
10-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Hearts make Mclaren offer he cannot refuse:

http://vancouverumbrella.com/assets/products/i212_2116784649.jpg

SanFranHibs
10-08-2017, 12:34 PM

I have no idea what kind of money Cathros assistant(s) are on and how much they would be entitled to if paid off, but would an 'external' appointment not result in this? Can't see a manager worth his salt accepting that he must retain these assistants, unless the likes of McClaren, Hartley, the O'Neill clan do not have favoured assistants.

Firestarter
10-08-2017, 12:43 PM
If Hertz didn't leak McLaren's name then the agent did.

Scotsman reporting is clearly based on a very close source.

Agent, which Potter will be raging at as they have the same agency.

bigwheel
10-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Agent, which Potter will be raging at as they have the same agency.

they would be delighted to have his name associated with them - got them many column inches in the media

Thecat23
10-08-2017, 01:08 PM

I never knew he was but when told it's no surprise he's now heavily linked to hearts. There seems to be more to this agency than meets the eye.

guthrie01
10-08-2017, 01:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFLkswU4xBQ

All this talk about McClaren, I think it's time to watch this beauty again :greengrin

Billy Whizz
10-08-2017, 01:30 PM

Funny I said the exact same things to my Jambo pals like sat night, they said the Hears support wouldn't accept Daly, and Hearts have said that they will make an external appt. Don't think I've read that anywhere

Sioux
10-08-2017, 01:34 PM
The yams are in a panic. The budgie is unavailable next week due to some 'prior commitments' which seem to have her priority. Maybe she's away to Miami for a Golden Girls reunion.

Meantime the natives get to keep Daly the Mouth for at least another two games. No progress being made to make new super duper signings (even tho' they've no cash).

And then there's the curtain wall!

Laff? I'm about wettin masel.

JimboHibs
10-08-2017, 01:36 PM
They released a statement saying they won't be employing from within & it will be a manager with experience.

FWIW i think Freedman could get it,won't matter thou as they are utter ***** there's not one of the Hearts starting 11 who would get into our starting 11.