PDA

View Full Version : New Hearts Manager

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Ronniekirk
28-08-2017, 03:57 PM
I know some yams that will not be back and have stopped their DD's until Potter is gone. Emails about the state of them sent but no replies from Budge. They hate Levein.

As I see it's once again the cheap option and let's face it, it was either him or Daly!

Biggest issue is cash or lack there of! They don't have the funds to bring in the quality that they need and if they did the players would be in by now.

All very pleasing imho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can take it no one wanted to be his Puppet So now he is pulling his own Strings How Self Indulgent

High-On-Hibs
28-08-2017, 03:58 PM
We can laugh and joke about this but imo this isn't the best outcome for us, Levein will make them organised and hard to beat.
I would much rather they appointed anyone else on their wish list than him.

Like he has over the past 3 years? :confused:

The stench is strong with this one. :jamboclow

Hibs90
28-08-2017, 03:58 PM
We can laugh and joke about this but imo this isn't the best outcome for us, Levein will make them organised and hard to beat.

:faf:

28-08-2017, 04:00 PM
I reckon the plan all along was to give Daly the 4 games up to the international break and if he got decent enough results the job was his and if he didn't then Levein would take over. Everything else with all the other potential candidates was just smoke and mirrors to keep the fans happy/quiet during the last 4 weeks.

They said last week there will be an announcement in a week's time, why would you say that unless the decision had already been made? Which in this case it had been a few weeks earlier. Normally once the decision is made, the new manager would be announced and if it was too near to the next match, the interim guy would remain in charge for it.

northgreen24
28-08-2017, 04:01 PM

I right enough, Michael O'Neil Steve McLaren I'm much more worried they have appointed the donut of the director of football😒

GreenCastle
28-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Could they not just have appointed 4 years ago?

If this all goes wrong...then will be interesting to see the direction the club go as surely Mr Hearts - CL will have to leave...

Keith_M
28-08-2017, 04:03 PM
From a Club that owed money to themselves, surely it's a logical progression to have a DoF/Coach that passes Notes to himself.

SuperAllyMcleod
28-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Mirroring the Vlad approach to borrowing ( they owed it to themselves) I assume Levein will be passing notes to himself from the stand!

He could have a few pre-written and just read them randomly: -
"Kick more opposition players"
"Play it long"
"Kick it higher"
"Tell Laugherty to play centre half"
"Take off the strikers and defend - we are only losing by two"

gogsy23
28-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Love the fact theyre creaming over this. They do realise hes been there for past 4 years and responsible for most signings in that time! Muppets lot of em

JeMeSouviens
28-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Levein keeps his DoF role. So basically they've given Daly the job Cathro/Neilson but Levein will have to take some flak directly.

IGRIGI
28-08-2017, 04:12 PM

Aye 4-6-0, away ye go...

Aldo
28-08-2017, 04:13 PM
We can take it no one wanted to be his Puppet So now he is pulling his own Strings How Self Indulgent

Billy Davies said it how it is!

Glad it's him tbh

MWHIBBIES
28-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Done well at Hearts and Dundee United previously, could be a good appointment for them. He'll do much better than Cathro

SirDavidsNapper
28-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Why interview numerous managers then appoint Potter? Budge is extracting the urine out the fans and follows it up with an embarrassing, patronising statement. It's like watching a car crash with that lot. Almost feel sorry for the decent fans amongst them.

28-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Is this going to be Levein to the end of the season with Daly being trained up to take over next season, at which time Levein can then return to his DoF role?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Aye 4-6-0, away ye go...

I kinda of agree with him.

Levein and Hearts are a good fit.

Lets fave it, the hearts fans gave a different approach all of 7 months. They want hard to beat fitba, and they dont care about style. Levein deliverdd this for them previously.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-08-2017, 04:38 PM
This is uncharacteristically brave of Potter putting himself in the limelight considering they'll turn on him quicker that a rabid dog when it goes pear shaped. Maybe trying to redeem himself for bottling it in '86.

Or possibly a huge ego trip... "I'll show them what a 'real' manager can do with the huddies i've signed...."

Greentinted
28-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Being fair, under the new 'cut your cloth accordingly' philosophy added to the bonkers hierarchical structure employed over-by, Levein was the only realistic option. They can attempt to spin it however way they choose but the fact is that he is a perennial loser (winning the square root of diddly squiddle as both a player and manager/coach at any meaningful level) and a disciple of anti-football meaning it bodes well for their opponents and rivals - tempted to lump on a few bob on them to go down.
The hits just keep on coming!

Baader
28-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Done well at Hearts and Dundee United previously, could be a good appointment for them. He'll do much better than Cathro

Not exactly hard to do better than Cathro! Levein is yesterday's man. The signings he picked out for the Gorgie mob the past couple of windows have been pretty disastrous.. It is just more of the same for them and as usual they buy it hook, line and Regi Blinker.

Carheenlea
28-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Is this going to be Levein to the end of the season with Daly being trained up to take over next season, at which time Levein can then return to his DoF role?

The Championship would be an ideal enviornment for Daly to start out in management.

Jack Hackett
28-08-2017, 04:42 PM
On the 9th Aug they ran a poll on keekboak. Of the 893 respondents, 6 of them voted for 460.. all of 0.64%. In todays after the event poll asking if they'd be happy with him, more than 70% of those who have voted so far have voted yes.

I leave you to draw your own conclusions about the 2 faced pliable wee gullibillys.

My minds been made for a loooong time

WhileTheChief..
28-08-2017, 04:47 PM
The players all wanted Daly apparently and he clearly wanted the gig for himself. Wonder how he feels about it?

Can't imagine this will do much for harmony in the dressing room with Daly now 1 of 4 coaches there to help Levein.

It's utter madness, even by their standards. They'll continue to struggle and won't manage top six.

This is time next year Daly gets the job and the madness continues!

Sammy7nil
28-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Herts official statement:

I am very pleased to be able to announce that, at the request of the board, Craig Levein has agreed to take on the role of First Team Manager at the club. He will continue to hold a seat on the board and, as such, will retain the overall responsibilities associated with the wider role of Director of Football. However, his focus and priorities will change. To enable Craig to focus fully on the Football Manager remit, some minor changes to roles, responsibilities and reporting lines will be implemented within the current coaching team setup and within the youth academy structure.
The youth academy has developed significantly over the last 3 years, under Craig’s leadership, but is now entering a period of stability. Various development programmes have seen the club invest substantial sums, in terms of new staff, new processes, new facilities and new systems. We are now reaping the benefits of that investment. Our Head of Academy, Roger Arnott, has full responsibility for running this operation on a day-to-day basis and he will continue to do so.
On the coaching front, Craig will be implementing some changes to the roles/responsibilities of some of our coaching staff, such that each member of the team will be given the opportunity to continue with his personal development. He will be assisted on the training ground by 4 first team coaches, namely Jon Daly, Liam Fox, Austin MacPhee and Paul Gallacher. Each coach will have clearly defined areas of responsibility, both on and off the training ground. Jon’s first team responsibilities mean that Andy Kirk will now take charge of the U20s on a permanent basis.
In deciding how best to move forward, the board took into account the fact that we are facing a unique set of circumstances this year, with the first match on our home ground not coming until three months into the season. Given this situation, we believed it was essential to call on experience.
Against this backdrop, we drew up our selection criteria and invited a number of experienced managers/head coaches for interview. The candidates we interviewed were, without exception, first-class. However, as the interview process progressed, it became clear to the board that the ideal candidate was already with us. Not only does Craig satisfy all of our requirements, in terms of experience and personal attributes, he also offers continuity and stability. During a time of great change at the club, it is of paramount importance that we consolidate progress already made and learn from our experiences.
Having presented our plan to all members of the coaching staff and to our captain, I can confirm that everyone is fully behind it. We are, therefore, delighted that Craig has agreed to take on this challenge and for the avoidance of doubt…yes…he will be taking his place in the dugout…and yes, for the first time in the last 3 years…he will indeed be picking the team!

So what if the coaching staff and captain had said no:greengrin Total farce. If I had applied for the job wasted valuable time travel expenses possibly over night stay etc I would not be happy to findout there was never a job available coz Hearts are skint.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2017, 04:50 PM
This has actually made my day. Spend 4 weeks looking for a new manager then appoint the director of football!

You couldn't make that lot up.

Cheer up Craig Levein... :aok:

Col2
28-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Let's be clear here. This is a total shambles by hearts given the background, the so called model, the 100 applicants, the high calibre candidates etc etc.

Potter is not popular down at Tynie. He is even less popular across football - hence the Brendon Rogers dig recently. And the media despise him. He is so difficult to engage with and the knives will be out very very early on if he doesn't get a few decent results. Think about the interviews after the game. Remember he does one press conference a year on his terms and his list of journalists. He is truly a coward who sits in background and take zero accountability. And he keeps his board position as well. Talk about the icing on the cake. It's almost like Budge has a very very special relationship with him 😉

The players? Most of the time they react to a new manager but given he has been skulking around in the background I can't believe they will be overly excited.

The style of football. HOOF. And more HOOF. Physical and HOOF.

Sit back for some more fun!

AK86
28-08-2017, 04:54 PM
I don't think he is liked by many in the football world,( or the world ). Can't see his players playing for him, can't see him buying any decent players, I can see them going through it all again at Christmas when they are hovering around the bottom of the league.

Wheat Hound
28-08-2017, 05:03 PM
No winners medals as a player.
No winners medals as a manager.
Bottled it in their greatest hour of need in 86.

Sounds good to me

Jack Hackett
28-08-2017, 05:04 PM

I am very pleased to be able to announce that, at the request of the board, Craig Levein has agreed to take on the role of First Team Manager at the club. He will continue to hold a seat on the board and, as such, will retain the overall responsibilities associated with the wider role of Director of Football. However, his focus and priorities will change. To enable Craig to focus fully on the Football Manager remit, some minor changes to roles, responsibilities and reporting lines will be implemented within the current coaching team setup and within the youth academy structure.
The youth academy has developed significantly over the last 3 years, under Craig’s leadership, but is now entering a period of stability. Various development programmes have seen the club invest substantial sums, in terms of new staff, new processes, new facilities and new systems. We are now reaping the benefits of that investment. Our Head of Academy, Roger Arnott, has full responsibility for running this operation on a day-to-day basis and he will continue to do so.
On the coaching front, Craig will be implementing some changes to the roles/responsibilities of some of our coaching staff, such that each member of the team will be given the opportunity to continue with his personal development. He will be assisted on the training ground by 4 first team coaches, namely Jon Daly, Liam Fox, Austin MacPhee and Paul Gallacher. Each coach will have clearly defined areas of responsibility, both on and off the training ground. Jon’s first team responsibilities mean that Andy Kirk will now take charge of the U20s on a permanent basis.
In deciding how best to move forward, the board took into account the fact that we are facing a unique set of circumstances this year, with the first match on our home ground not coming until three months into the season. Given this situation, we believed it was essential to call on experience.
Against this backdrop, we drew up our selection criteria and invited a number of experienced managers/head coaches for interview. The candidates we interviewed were, without exception, first-class. However, as the interview process progressed, it became clear to the board that the ideal candidate was already with us. Not only does Craig satisfy all of our requirements, in terms of experience and personal attributes, he also offers continuity and stability. During a time of great change at the club, it is of paramount importance that we consolidate progress already made and learn from our experiences.
Having presented our plan to all members of the coaching staff and to our captain, I can confirm that everyone is fully behind it. We are, therefore, delighted that Craig has agreed to take on this challenge and for the avoidance of doubt…yes…he will be taking his place in the dugout…and yes, for the first time in the last 3 years…he will indeed be picking the team!

So basically, same s***, different day!

28-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Cheer up Craig Levein..................

Always one of my favourites

There will be a chance to sing it tomorrow at the U20s derby. Disappointed I'll miss it.

HibbyAndy
28-08-2017, 05:07 PM
:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Absolutely the cheap option :agree:

Reap what you sow you cheating ****s !!!!

portohibee
28-08-2017, 05:09 PM
But but just until Michael o Neil leaves the NI job
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170828/dfa714be57002cc4c8ce8de8159cfdfa.jpg

aljo7-0
28-08-2017, 05:12 PM
It's a financial stroke of genius. Get rid of Cathro's wage and save on stationery costs with no need to buy multipacks of pens and note padding. Also taking a long term view it will save a lot on new stair treads between the directors box and dugout in their shiny new stand

Bostonhibby
28-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Wonder how the plum who was explaining to fellow yackbackers that they were "just going through the candidate vetting process that all big companies do" feels now?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

28-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Let's be clear here. This is a total shambles by hearts given the background, the so called model, the 100 applicants, the high calibre candidates etc etc.

Potter is not popular down at Tynie. He is even less popular across football - hence the Brendon Rogers dig recently. And the media despise him. He is so difficult to engage with and the knives will be out very very early on if he doesn't get a few decent results. Think about the interviews after the game. Remember he does one press conference a year on his terms and his list of journalists. He is truly a coward who sits in background and take zero accountability. And he keeps his board position as well. Talk about the icing on the cake. It's almost like Budge has a very very special relationship with him 😉

The players? Most of the time they react to a new manager but given he has been skulking around in the background I can't believe they will be overly excited.

The style of football. HOOF. And more HOOF. Physical and HOOF.

Sit back for some more fun!

Bound to be fair bit of chat about it on Sportsound at 6.30.

28-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Craig “How Did Hibs get on?” Levein.

jacomo
28-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Wish I'd put my money where my mouth is and put a wager on this outcome.

Him keeping his position on the board is priceless.

'Agenda item 1: performance of the first team.'

Director Levein: 'Stellar! Next!'

High-On-Hibs
28-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Michael Stewart thinks Hearts will be challenging for Europe now. :faf:

emerald green
28-08-2017, 05:37 PM
I said after they sacked agent Cathro that no decent manager worth his salt would touch the poison chalice that is the Hearts "manager" job.

Most of them I suspect would not want to be told what to do by Levein, and they can't afford a decent experienced manager anyway even if he were to agree to work alongside him.

It will be interesting to see how the Hearts players react to having to work with Potter. If it goes badly, what then?

iwasthere1972
28-08-2017, 05:40 PM
One word.

Cheap.

Baader
28-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Levein must've been part of the interview panel as well. Overwhelmed by "outstanding candidates" apparently but then decides he's better than all of them...

More likely no-one wanted the gig and they've no cash.

ALF TUPPER
Still on the board, still director of football and now manager!
😂😂😂

So many hats. What next for Mr Benn?

Comedy brilliance. Brokeback meltdown... Surely. 😂

Larv_it

Peevemor
Pinched from Facebook

ben johnson
28-08-2017, 05:44 PM
WHO ?
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

G B Young
28-08-2017, 05:55 PM
But but just until Michael o Neil leaves the NI job
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170828/dfa714be57002cc4c8ce8de8159cfdfa.jpg

Yep, that'll be O'Neill's career goal right enough. From the World Cup to the Hearts job. Daft as you'd have to be to support Hearts, it's still extraordinary that some of them genuinely believe this is a realistic prospect.

BoomtownHibees
28-08-2017, 05:55 PM
"Gary Parker, Neil Lennon, Craig Levein's a ****in bell-end"

Almost rhymes 😎

Sammy7nil
28-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Michael Stewart ripping in to Craig :greengrin
"He is not someone i wouuld trust" "He is all about self preservation" "He is not likeable he does not build relationships" etc etc

High-On-Hibs
28-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Michael Stewart ripping in to Craig :greengrin
"He is not someone i wouuld trust" "He is all about self preservation" "He is not likeable he does not build relationships" etc etc

But still thinks he'll get them into Europe. :crazy:

weecounty hibby
28-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Wow. Four weeks have passed, an array of top managers on short list, a number of other managers with experience of winning as players. Craig Levain interviews them and deems them not up to it or the really top ones dismiss hearts as a joke. So who does Craig give the job to, Craig of course. What a joke of a club from the overpriced over hyped under built stand to their "unique" structure to the crap mercenaries on the pitch. It's taken decades but at last the stealing from others to spend on themselves strategy is catching up with them.

andybev1
28-08-2017, 06:12 PM
A manager who keeps his seat on the board is not on. I dont disagree with levein as manager but i am angry he has kept a seat on the board. A ludicrous decision for a club of our size

:LOL:

Bostonhibby
28-08-2017, 06:14 PM
A manager who keeps his seat on the board is not on. I dont disagree with levein as manager but i am angry he has kept a seat on the board. A ludicrous decision for a club of our size

[emoji38]Minor details, they'll be able to shift him off the board when they get all their shares and own the club[emoji23] [emoji23]

iwasthere1972
28-08-2017, 06:27 PM
Pinched from Facebook

At least have the decency and take it back to 1986 and show his double league and cup winners medals as a player.

Ryan91
28-08-2017, 06:30 PM
The Yams are a bit late to The Fringe this year

Bostonhibby
At least have the decency and take it back to 1986 and show his double league and cup winners medals as a player.Sadly they couldn't, it's a family friendly site and all Potter had to show for that day was a rather unpleasant brownish maroon stain apparently.

Deansy

Against this backdrop, we drew up our selection criteria and invited a number of experienced managers/head coaches for interview. The candidates we interviewed were, without exception, first-class. However, as the interview process progressed, it became clear to the board that the ideal candidate was already with us. Not only does Craig satisfy all of our requirements, in terms of experience and personal attributes, he also offers continuity and stability. During a ti25 (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?323547-New-Hearts-Manager/page25)me of great change at the club, it is of paramount importance that we consolidate progress already made and learn from our experiences.

Serious qustion - what, exactly is this 'Great change' that's going on at the PBS ?. I mean apart from their new stand (which really should have no impact/connection whatsoever on the footballing-side) what changes are happening there ??. The only, genuine 'Great change' over there that everyone can see is having a major impact on their footballing-side is 'Playing Within Their Means' - surely she can't mean that ??

P.s there's certainly no change to the fact they don't use spell-check or proof-read - wtf is 'ti25 (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?323547-New-Hearts-Manager/page25)me' ?

Iain G
28-08-2017, 06:31 PM
I hear the only reason he is keeping his seat on the board is that someone forget to order his seat for the dugout...

Danderhall Hibs
28-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Footage from the staff meeting earlier:

https://youtu.be/_-9amUG81YQ

Bostonhibby
28-08-2017, 06:32 PM
I hear the only reason he is keeping his seat on the board is that someone forget to order his seat for the dugout...[emoji23] [emoji23]

SirDavidsNapper
28-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Potter - "we've whitled it down to our final two candidates after everyone else pulled out".

Ann Budget - "Excellent Craig. Who are these top managers?"

Potter- "Steven Pressley and Jon Daly mam".

Club statement - However, as the interview process progressed, it became clear to the board that the ideal candidate was already with us.

The End.

WoreTheGreen
28-08-2017, 06:33 PM
WHO ?
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Was he sitting on the bog when he signed his "new managers contract"

neil7908
28-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Wow, that's hilarious. Be prepared for us to be kicked and bored off the park next time we play them.

Iain G
28-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Serious qustion - what, exactly is this 'Great change' that's going on at the PBS ?. I mean apart from their new stand (which really should have no impact/connection whatsoever on the footballing-side) what changes are happening there ??. The only, genuine 'Great change' over there that everyone can see is having a major impact on their footballing-side is 'Playing Within Their Means' - surely she can't mean that ??

P.s there's certainly no change to the fact they don't use spell-check or proof-read - wtf is 'ti25 (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?323547-New-Hearts-Manager/page25)me' ?

More serious question is how will he pass notes to himself? I have in my mind some weird Ronnie Barker style half and half dress up where on his left side he will be dressed as Cathro and the right hand side as Budge and start having conversations with himself?!? The mind boggles at this whole escapade...

portohibee
28-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Yep, that'll be O'Neill's career goal right enough. From the World Cup to the Hearts job. Daft as you'd have to be to support Hearts, it's still extraordinary that some of them genuinely believe this is a realistic prospect.

One of my mates is one, he was still coming out with this crap yesterday, Potter till after the World Cup, if I hadn't been that pished I maybe would have thought he was serious too

MickeyEdwards
28-08-2017, 06:50 PM
"Gary Parker, Neil Lennon, Craig Levein's a ****in bell-end"

Almost rhymes 😎

What was the tune that the Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus, Craig Levrin's a *****in pen*s was so wonderfully sung to back in the day please? :wink:

Sammy7nil
28-08-2017, 06:53 PM
A large group of the natives are very unhappy, I think a couple of back to back losses and things could get very messy and very funny over at PBS :greengrin

andybev1
28-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Is that the sound of flapping I can hear around tynecastle, chickens coming home to roost?

Scott Allan Key
28-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Craig Levein managed Hearts previously in the financial doping years, albeit pre-Romanov. Although he had a decent record there and at Dundee Utd, he still won SFA. I think they may bear fruit with youth players but he is facing the handicap of lacking money to bolster squad, and will need to now sell talent rather than build on it, especially given the disastrous stadium build costs and dwindling DD's.

His time as Scotland boss, and DoF role at Hearts and subsequent Cathro embarrassment has set him back, probably permanently in the eyes of the football fraternity, hopefully starting at 'home' in Swinie.

Billy Whizz
28-08-2017, 06:55 PM
A large group of the natives are very unhappy, I think a couple of back to back losses and things could get very messy and very funny over at PBS :greengrin

A few defeats before the game at ER, will see Potter setting up 460 again

BoomtownHibees
28-08-2017, 06:56 PM
What was the tune that the Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus, Craig Levrin's a *****in pen*s was so wonderfully sung to back in the day please? :wink:

It was from The Great Escape film

28-08-2017, 06:56 PM
More serious question is how will he pass notes to himself? I have in my mind some weird Ronnie Barker style half and half dress up where on his left side he will be dressed as Cathro and the right hand side as Budge and start having conversations with himself?!? The mind boggles at this whole escapade...

I was thinking of it more like Gollum and him asking himself "How did the Hobbitses get on?"

heretoday
28-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Harry Potter and the Half-Built Stand

tamig
28-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Course it was, doh !

Thats what I meant to type.

Now they are all clinging to "CL had a guid record v hibs last time"
Are they not talking about the De Vries game? That was maybe Levein. Apologies if someone else has said this. Just catching up on thread.

High-On-Hibs
28-08-2017, 07:12 PM

Harry Potter - the Gob***** of Edinburghshire

Aldo
28-08-2017, 07:15 PM
A few defeats before the game at ER, will see Potter setting up 460 again

Without a doubt. Will set up not to lose!! This is how I expect them to set up most games hoofing the ball into the box in the hope that they will sneak a goal!

Silversand
28-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Harry Potter and the Half-Built Stand[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MickeyEdwards
28-08-2017, 07:18 PM
It was from The Great Escape film

Cheers 👍

I remembered about the same time as you posted by playing WW2 themes. Got it 3rd attempt 👍

Great Escape Theme! 😂😂

nearky wet myself walking to the Roseburn Stand on more than one occasion to that belter! :greengrin

Galahibby
28-08-2017, 07:25 PM

Levein giving himself the job is essentially just a follow on to them owing all that money to themselves. What could possibly go wrong? 😂

Eyrie
28-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Levein giving himself the job is essentially just a follow on to them owing all that money to themselves. What could possibly go wrong? 😂

Is "everything" too much to hope for?

Posh Swanny
28-08-2017, 07:35 PM
I think it would be a fitting tribute to the gentlemen that are Sir Tony and Mark to re-release the original "Venus-*****" terrace classic rather than rebooting it with some shoe-horned Lennon lyric. One of the great songs and one of the few that actually deserves to be described as "legendary terrace wit".

Hibernia&Alba
28-08-2017, 07:46 PM

:LOL:

:faf::lolyam:

They it with a straight face, too.

Joe6-2
28-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Wow, that's hilarious. Be prepared for us to be kicked and bored off the park next time we play them.

And get away with it!

Hibernia&Alba
28-08-2017, 07:52 PM
There must be some amount of seethe down Gorgie way just now :greengrin

Tornadoes70
28-08-2017, 07:59 PM

Harry Potter is the cheapskate option and he will fail miserably.

:giruy2:

jacomo
28-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Pinched from Facebook

:hilarious

jacomo
28-08-2017, 08:10 PM
I think it would be a fitting tribute to the gentlemen that are Sir Tony and Mark to re-release the original "Venus-*****" terrace classic rather than rebooting it with some shoe-horned Lennon lyric. One of the great songs and one of the few that actually deserves to be described as "legendary terrace wit".

:agree:

I'm all for songs keeping their original words and context.

But fortunately the 'cheer up' song scans even better with craig Levein.

IGRIGI
28-08-2017, 08:12 PM

After Mowbray's Septic huddle at ER he can get ****ed, Sir my arse. Get it changed pronto.

green is good
28-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Maybe Craig Levein (manager) was the only person they could find that was prepared to work under Craig Levein (DoF).

Onion
28-08-2017, 08:37 PM

Harry Potter is the cheapskate option and he will fail miserably.

:giruy2:

This is what it means for the Yams to be living within their means. They've squad of mis-fits who lack balls, quality and direction. Nothing Levein can do will change that, and I look forward to months of Yam in-fighting as the reality of the real world sinks in.

FranckSuzy
28-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Jamie Langfield‏Verified account @jamlang22 (https://twitter.com/jamlang22)

Craig Levien must have came across well in his interview with himself. https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f44c-1f3fb.png

:tee hee:

gordonced18
28-08-2017, 08:46 PM
34 games left in the league...... 3 defeats to us, 3 defeats to Celtic and 28 really entertaining 0-0 draws

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Curly1875
28-08-2017, 09:00 PM
What genius thought this up?

Oh, right...

truehibernian
28-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Have to laugh at some Hearts fans thinking that now they have Levein 'in the dug out' they will fight harder and take no nonsense in derbies - his 'pep talk' at half time (leaving Cathro to stand like a wee lemming) during the cup game last season worked :aok: not like we have a shrinking violet in our dug out by the way :greengrin Lennon will absolutely relish facing Levein, in fact Neil just relishes beating Hearts :aok:

Bring them on ! Simply cannot wait for the derbies :agree:

tamig
28-08-2017, 09:02 PM
I know some yams that will not be back and have stopped their DD's until Potter is gone. Emails about the state of them sent but no replies from Budge. They hate Levein.

As I see it's once again the cheap option and let's face it, it was either him or Daly!

Biggest issue is cash or lack there of! They don't have the funds to bring in the quality that they need and if they did the players would be in by now.

All very pleasing imho!

I think they've had access to plenty cash since they came out of admin, mostly down to the redirection of the FOH funds. The problem - for them - is it's been mis-spent. I'm not complaining though.

mca
28-08-2017, 09:03 PM

:thumbsup:

hibbydog
28-08-2017, 09:08 PM
I don't quite see why they're so upset about potter being in charge. He's about as prestigious a candidate as they could reasonably attract.

Whilst he made a right James Blunt of the Scotland job, his record otherwise speaks for itself. In 4 seasons at hearts he finished third twice and fifith twice. If you offer them top 6 now they'll bite your hand off.

Sensible appointment but not one that Neil Lennon will lose any sleep over.

Diclonius
28-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Hearts will definitely be tougher to beat in derbies than recently - they'll revert to type and try to kick the **** out of us, playing it long to Lafferty at every opportunity. Levein does have a decent record against us, don't forget. However, we're in a very different position to when he was last managing them - we have a better squad and a better manager (remember, the bulk of Levein's derby wins were against Williamson).

That said, I could probably get Hearts to perform better in derbies than Cathro.

Gogs07
28-08-2017, 09:22 PM
The inbred are now making out they are happy with Potter:fibber: when all along they wanted him out with Cathro!.
As usual, the many faces of the mutants are laid bare.:brokenyam:

Sioux
28-08-2017, 09:23 PM
The Heart of Leveinian.

28-08-2017, 09:25 PM
The inbred are now making out they are happy with Potter:fibber: when all along they wanted him out with Cathro!.
As usual, the many faces of the mutants are laid bare.:brokenyam:

Can't blame them for getting behind a new manager. They should at least wait until they get humped by Aberdeen at Murrayfield before calling for him to be sacked.

Sammy7nil
28-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Ian Wright and Chris Sutton had a good laugh at "Craig appointing himself" on 5 Live. Good to hear they are a national laughing stock.

28-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Ian Wright and Chris Sutton had a good laugh at "Craig appointing himself" on 5 Live. Good to hear they are a national laughing stock.

He offered himself the job 3 weeks ago but turned it down. Since then he was waiting for himself to come back to him with a better offer.

broondog
28-08-2017, 09:31 PM
I don't quite see why they're so upset about potter being in charge. He's about as prestigious a candidate as they could reasonably attract.

Whilst he made a right James Blunt of the Scotland job, his record otherwise speaks for itself. In 4 seasons at hearts he finished third twice and fifith twice. If you offer them top 6 now they'll bite your hand off.

Sensible appointment but not one that Neil Lennon will lose any sleep over.

If kickback is anything to go by, most of them seem happy with getting an experienced manager in. Let's face it though, could they really have appointed someone worse than Cathy? Still think they will struggle immensely this season and in the derbies with a vastly inferior side to us, Aberdeen and Rangers, but as much as he was awful for Scotland, Potter has a decent SPL record and should represent an improvement compared to Cathro. Agree with you that he is absolutely the best they could have hoped for as well. comments from the likes of davies and freedman mean as long as potter is there they will struggle to attract anyone with any sort of calibr

High-On-Hibs
28-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Leveins tactics are outdated. He'll have 11 men behind the ball throwing their hammers. Might have worked a couple of decades ago, but not now.

Deansy
28-08-2017, 09:45 PM
It makes no difference Levein getting the job - their squad is gash and not one (well, maybe Walker for his penalties) of them would make our squad !. We should be aiming to NEVER lose to a team managed by him !

Tornadoes70
28-08-2017, 09:49 PM

Wish I had heard that. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
28-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Hearts will definitely be tougher to beat in derbies than recently - they'll revert to type and try to kick the **** out of us, playing it long to Lafferty at every opportunity. Levein does have a decent record against us, don't forget. However, we're in a very different position to when he was last managing them - we have a better squad and a better manager (remember, the bulk of Levein's derby wins were against Williamson).

That said, I could probably get Hearts to perform better in derbies than Cathro.

The only way they could have got easier to beat in a derby than they were under Cathro would have been if they were match fixing.

Andy74
28-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Levein has been in charge anyway so no change. Decent confirmation they can't afford to pay anyone else though.

greenlex
28-08-2017, 10:09 PM
I am actually really looking forward to the Derby dug out scraps.

ancient hibee
28-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Suspect that theFrench dead ball expert will be out the door soon so that it will appear that he was Cathro's signing.

heretoday
28-08-2017, 10:12 PM
He offered himself the job 3 weeks ago but turned it down. Since then he was waiting for himself to come back to him with a better offer.

It won't last. He'll get fed up having to refer everything upstairs to himself.

Mikey09
28-08-2017, 10:18 PM
I honestly don't get it. Potters been pulling the strings a long time there and they've done nothing of note. It's the **** players that's the problem. Most of them have the heart of a mouse. Berra apart they have **** all fight in them.

jacomo
28-08-2017, 10:40 PM

Just reminds me of the 'pub team' Derby. But Lenny will love it.

macca70
28-08-2017, 10:43 PM
He'll make them hard to beat, obsessed with not conceding rather than scoring. He'll pack the team with cloggers and hoofball merchants, Laugherty up front on his own no doubt.

They will be dreadful to watch and probably grind out being mid table.

SirDavidsNapper
28-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Have to laugh at some Hearts fans thinking that now they have Levein 'in the dug out' they will fight harder and take no nonsense in derbies - his 'pep talk' at half time (leaving Cathro to stand like a wee lemming) during the cup game last season worked :aok: not like we have a shrinking violet in our dug out by the way :greengrin Lennon will absolutely relish facing Levein, in fact Neil just relishes beating Hearts :aok:

Bring them on ! Simply cannot wait for the derbies :agree:

Yup. We own them in derbies. We know it and more importantly they know it.

Deansy
28-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Suspect that theFrench dead ball expert will be out the door soon so that it will appear that he was Cathro's signing.

Malaury Martin ? - doubt it, he's on a 3-year contract, thankfully !

Was just thinking about the effect today's 'news' will have on their team, though - they've spent the last 4 weeks waiting on the 'Breath of fresh air' that comes with a new manager. Everyone knew who their real manager was during Cathro's time - so now they'll be flat as they've got a new manager but nothing's changing ! Same old, same old !!

28-08-2017, 11:14 PM
On the 9th Aug they ran a poll on keekboak. Of the 893 respondents, 6 of them voted for 460.. all of 0.64%. In todays after the event poll asking if they'd be happy with him, more than 70% of those who have voted so far have voted yes.

I leave you to draw your own conclusions about the 2 faced pliable wee gullibillys.

My minds been made for a loooong time

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/171459-the-all-new-and-improved-next-head-coach-poll/

Ha ha. Here is the poll in question.

Wonder when the Levein out poll will start.

Hibbycol
28-08-2017, 11:44 PM
Harry potter is going to be out of huffle puff running up and down the half built stand passing wee notes to himself from the directors box to the dugout [emoji2] https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170828/42a1202f87dbf72c3f623cf972d8f6ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
29-08-2017, 12:04 AM
he hasn't managed a club in six years ...... That doesn't mean he wont be able to make a difference to Hearts, but there are so many factors that make this a bit different to your usual managerial appointment. He has been around the club since 2012 and its hard to see how he can be seen as a new start by the players .... perhaps if he had been a popular coach or something, but he hasn't.

His 'style' of football has always been of the brutal variety and it will be interesting to see if he can get the team to adapt to that .... I'm sure Laugherty will lap it up, but what about the rest of them? .... they aren't Barcelona now, but they aren't very good at the tough stuff either, Levin will expect at least the 2nd bit of that to change.

I do think he will make them harder to beat, ...... to paraphrase something I heard on the telly the other day 'he would happily burn the beautiful game to the ground if he could rule over the ashes'

Hibbycol
29-08-2017, 12:06 AM
mind you Harry potter could always borrow Hermione budge' s time turner necklace and be in two places (directors box, dugout) at the same time . sorted, FIVE POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR [emoji3][emoji3][emoji38][emoji38]🤣🤣https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/ca96b0876ddc7a8a2fbf2d10d0fb6093.jpg

cabbageandribs1875
29-08-2017, 12:19 AM
well no one saw that one coming, hunners and thousands of applicants for the managers position at the 'respectable' club(quote the budge) and lo and behold it turns out the best candidate has been sitting next to the budge all along, who woulda thunk it... :hilarious

cocteautwin
29-08-2017, 12:36 AM
I'll eat my magic hat if anyone external is appointed. The only reason McPhee is still there is they couldn't afford the £240k contract pay off they would have had to give him on top of the £300k they gave Cathro. Better to make him useful for his money and keep him on in some sort of coaching capacity. There's no way they're appointing externally. Daly or Levein is my guess. They'll probably hope Daly gets a couple of wins in the next few weeks and then they can keep him on without any new signings and then bin him at the end of the season if he avoids relegation. Totally cash strapped.

No hat eating required. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall as Head of the Selection Committee opens the envelope . . . . . . AAAANNNDDD the winner is . . . . . . would you believe it, IT'S ME!

Victor
29-08-2017, 01:39 AM
There will be no change. My understanding of the DOF role is that he approved all signings. Therefore every dud signed over the past 3 years are Levein signings. When things are not going well he can advise the incumbent manager. Therefore every stupid thing that Cathro did or didn't do was approved by Levein. Daly was in charge in name only, there is no way that he did anything without Levein's approval. Nothing will change. They will win occasionally and they will lose. This appointment is is only adopting the status quo.

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2017, 04:45 AM
There will be no change. My understanding of the DOF role is that he approved all signings. Therefore every dud signed over the past 3 years are Levein signings. When things are not going well he can advise the incumbent manager. Therefore every stupid thing that Cathro did or didn't do was approved by Levein. Daly was in charge in name only, there is no way that he did anything without Levein's approval. Nothing will change. They will win occasionally and they will lose. This appointment is is only adopting the status quo.

Not sure about that. I'm taking it to mean that Levein will now approve his own ***** low cost signings instead of Cathro's.

It's a cut price appointment to protect a club whose finances are in a poor state. It invites ridicule from other supporters and is uninspiring to Hearts fans. It's ultimately all about expectations management and Budge is making it hard for them to maintain their deluded arrogance. The problem for her is that the business model needs this to happen or the finances suffer further, and so on...

From our point of view, we enjoy the show. There will be chinks of light and false dawns for Hearts, but ultimately, this 'death by thousand cuts' scenario is more satisfying that if they had liquidated post-Romanov. The truth is that they have adopted the worst possible business model at the worst possible time.

Phil MaGlass
29-08-2017, 04:57 AM
well no one saw that one coming, hunners and thousands of applicants for the managers position at the 'respectable' club(quote the budge) and lo and behold it turns out the best candidate has been sitting next to the budge all along, who woulda thunk it... :hilarious

Aye, they owe him to themselves.

Waxy
29-08-2017, 05:35 AM
Thought Steve Mclaren was getting it? Michael Oneil must be bad at interviews.

WeAreHibs
29-08-2017, 06:25 AM

Some Photoshop guru needs to knock up a DVD cover for that!

Brilliant!

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-08-2017, 06:27 AM
The positive for Hearts fans I suppose is long term. When he makes an erse of it and gets punted it will be right out of the door and not upstairs to do the same thing by proxy.

Thecat23
29-08-2017, 06:38 AM
The positive for Hearts fans I suppose is long term. When he makes an erse of it and gets punted it will be right out of the door and not upstairs to do the same thing by proxy.

Don't bet on that. He is still a member of the board, CL will never be punted out of Hearts. He'll stay one season in the dugout move back upstairs and bring in another coach.

Greenworld
29-08-2017, 06:46 AM
He'll make them hard to beat, obsessed with not conceding rather than scoring. He'll pack the team with cloggers and hoofball merchants, Laugherty up front on his own no doubt.

They will be dreadful to watch and probably grind out being mid table.100% this eye bleeding stuff for hearts fans coming up. Crowds will hopefully drop off and the nice new stand sit empty .
On an other note pardon the pun.
Who will pass him notes[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Stuart93
29-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Although it's a laughable and embarrassing situation I do think levein will probably make them better as oppose to any worse

OtleyHibs
29-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Thought Steve Mclaren was getting it? Michael Oneil must be bad at interviews.

Maybe Levein told himself that Mikey has a drinking problem to ensure he never got the gig??

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-08-2017, 07:57 AM
It's OK

SquashedFrogg
29-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Although it's a laughable and embarrassing situation I do think levein will probably make them better as oppose to any worse

To be fair, my cat would make them better. (He's currently director of furball btw)

For me this has got disaster written all over it. Wait 4 weeks and appoint the person conducting the interviews. It would be like Alan Sugar hiring himself! Weird :crazy:

Potter clearly didn't want the job but was pushed into it because (a) They couldn't risk another younger un-tested experiment (b) No self-respecting manager would touch it under their 'model' (c) Financially they are on the ropes and directors finally quizzed why he was getting paid to pass notes to the dug-out when he could just sit in the dug-out. This saves the cost of biro's and paper so clearly the key motivation :agree:

Stuart93
29-08-2017, 08:37 AM
To be fair, my cat would make them better. (He's currently director of furball btw)

For me this has got disaster written all over it. Wait 4 weeks and appoint the person conducting the interviews. It would be like Alan Sugar hiring himself! Weird :crazy:

Potter clearly didn't want the job but was pushed into it because (a) They couldn't risk another younger un-tested experiment (b) No self-respecting manager would touch it under their 'model' (c) Financially they are on the ropes and directors finally quizzed why he was getting paid to pass notes to the dug-out when he could just sit in the dug-out. This saves the cost of biro's and paper so clearly the key motivation :agree:

Na I agree totally just think he'll have them playing a bit better than they currently are

Hibbycol
29-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Some Photoshop guru needs to knock up a DVD cover for that!

Brilliant!That ok [emoji106]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/69dc36f471bb55a198834dd75adc8fae.jpg

ajf
29-08-2017, 08:56 AM
After all the so called "name " managers had abandoned ship and they were left with Pressley and Hartley , budge made the decision " its your mess you fix it ". imo

SquashedFrogg
29-08-2017, 09:21 AM
After all the so called "name " managers had abandoned ship and they were left with Pressley and Hartley , budge made the decision " its your mess you fix it ". imo

The hilarious part about all of this is that there are some on KB who think they have finally 'got their man'. Completely overlooking the fact that he has pretty much been in charge for last few years.... :rolleyes:

One quote that made me chuckle.... "Berra, Lafferty and Levein v Hibs. Cannae wait" :faf: :faf: :faf:

MB62
29-08-2017, 09:27 AM
That ok [emoji106]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/69dc36f471bb55a198834dd75adc8fae.jpg

:faf: :top marks

Ozyhibby
29-08-2017, 09:29 AM
When levien was there before and he got two 3rd's and two 5th's he had the third highest budget in Scotland. That is not the case now and he has a poor squad to start with. At Dundee Utd he had an owner putting in far more of his families cash than was healthy. He won't have that here.

Hibbycol
29-08-2017, 09:34 AM
:faf: :top markscan't claim praise for that work of genius,pinched of twit twoo ( Hedwig delivered it lol).

MB62
29-08-2017, 09:43 AM
The only reason Harry Potter has been appointed is because the Yams are broke, skint, not got a bolt.
Appointing a totally new manager would mean him bring in his own assistant and back room staff, resulting in Budge having to pay off the current lot too, a very costly experience for a club in their position.

H.P. will cost them nothing, in fact it will save them money because they have managed to get rid of one post, and Daly and Nanny McPhee etc will continue to do as they are told by H.P.

This appointment was a No Brainer for Budge and the other interviewees were just a smokescreen to further fool the deluded followers.

Hibee87
29-08-2017, 10:00 AM
One of the articles I seen online said the Board had to force/convince potter to take the job. So he is being forced to do a Job his heart is not into from the outset. That will work out great for them I feel

Greenworld
29-08-2017, 10:03 AM
The only reason Harry Potter has been appointed is because the Yams are broke, skint, not got a bolt.
Appointing a totally new manager would mean him bring in his own assistant and back room staff, resulting in Budge having to pay off the current lot too, a very costly experience for a club in their position.

H.P. will cost them nothing, in fact it will save them money because they have managed to get rid of one post, and Daly and Nanny McPhee etc will continue to do as they are told by H.P.

This appointment was a No Brainer for Budge and the other interviewees were just a smokescreen to further fool the deluded followers.Correct gambled big time on the appointment of Cathro and Co.
That will of cost to get rid off.
The new stand is crippling them and if the fans that don't like leven are true to there word the crowds will dwindle money streams will slow .
Budge has made a huge mistake giving leven do much control

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

heretoday
29-08-2017, 10:05 AM
That ok [emoji106]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/69dc36f471bb55a198834dd75adc8fae.jpg

Excellent. As original "author" can I say how clever that is to include two Potters (the one youngish and vigorous, the other old and careworn), thus emphasising the difficult twin role that our hero has to play? :not worth

Hibbycol
29-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Harry (levein) potter's new managers training topshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/49d109da1bf2f92fdfe0fd6e23a82502.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/116d99a68300390f3eed77a3c0123d45.jpg

where'stheslope
29-08-2017, 10:24 AM
One of the articles I seen online said the Board had to force/convince potter to take the job. So he is being forced to do a Job his heart is not into from the outset. That will work out great for them I feel

And for most of their supporters, as they want him OUT!!!

Easier to sack the manager than the DoF!!!

Col2
29-08-2017, 10:25 AM
I am trying to work out if there is a club in European football that has as many as FOUR 1st team coaches. I don't think Barcelona or Real Madrid have as many but thrn maybe Hearts are leading the way aka BIG team.

MWHIBBIES
29-08-2017, 10:43 AM
I am trying to work out if there is a club in European football that has as many as FOUR 1st team coaches. I don't think Barcelona or Real Madrid have as many but thrn maybe Hearts are leading the way aka BIG team.Yes, many clubs will have 4 or more coaches, really isn't that many

Hibee87
29-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Potter been given a 3 year deal :confused: I thought it was only until the end of the season, now when/if things go tits up does he get punted and payed off then step back into his previous role as DOF and/or onto the board.

Billy Whizz
29-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Potter been given a 3 year deal :confused: I thought it was only until the end of the season, now when/if things go tits up does he get punted and payed off then step back into his previous role as DOF and/or onto the board.

Yup, press conference on at the moment
Wonder what the heir apparent Jon Daly thinks of this

Col2
29-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Yes, many clubs will have 4 or more coaches, really isn't that many

Not 1st Team coaches they won't.

Danderhall Hibs
29-08-2017, 12:03 PM

How many have we got? 3?

Parker, Murray and Combe. Not counting Lennon although I think his title is coach.

Fuzzywuzzy
29-08-2017, 12:06 PM
It's amazing how quickly they have gone from hating him and now have this massive love in. We're doomed and going to feel the full wrath of potter. What they seem to be forgetting is it's that ****er that's signed the players they have and wasn't far off tactics and team selection

Baader
29-08-2017, 12:09 PM

He didn't even want the gig. See the maroon hordes are now trying to convince themselves he's the best man for the job. They really are delusional. Certainly weren't many of that opinion four weeks ago...

Iggy Pope
29-08-2017, 12:12 PM
How many have we got? 3?

Parker, Murray and Combe. Not counting Lennon although I think his title is coach.

Hate to deviate from the real purpose of the thread but Eddie May was clearly part of the 1st team coaching staff on Sunday too.

Ozyhibby
29-08-2017, 12:20 PM
3 year deal means a big pay off when he gets punted.

G B Young
29-08-2017, 12:22 PM

But, but...I thought Michael O'Neill was coming at the end of the season once he realises how small-time managing NI at a World Cup is compared to a job with the mighty yams.

Bizarre to see Potter claiming the squad is 'a little light in some areas' when player recruitment over the summer was his remit?!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2017, 12:25 PM
He is being interviewed now on SSN, not very convincing. Charles Paterson is managing to rip the piss out of him whilst questioning him which was fun.

Moulin Yarns
29-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Craig Levein comes out of the closet at last :wink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41083890

Hibee87
But, but...I thought Michael O'Neill was coming at the end of the season once he realises how small-time managing NI at a World Cup is compared to a job with the mighty yams.

Bizarre to see Potter claiming the squad is 'a little light in some areas' when player recruitment over the summer was his remit?!

Michael O'Neill will be the next scotland manager if/when Strachan steps down after the next few games IMO. Also, why do the yams seem to think there is some special relationship with MO and he would go to hearts when A.) im fairly sure its public knowledge he doesnt get on with Levein and B.) is an ex Hibs player :confused:

Since its believed Potter was never really that interested in managing them I wonder if this 3 year deal is at his assistance so he gets a nice paycheck when it all goes wrong and the mutants turn on him?

As for the little light comment thats hilarious, and I have it on a reliable source that Barker was offered to Hearts at some point during this window and potter refused to even take a look at him.

southsider
He is being interviewed now on SSN, not very convincing. Charles Paterson is managing to rip the piss out of him whilst questioning him which was fun.
Link ?

Iain G
29-08-2017, 12:32 PM
The Budge woman said: "We did have a set of selection criteria and after we'd gone through the interview process and the directors were sitting discussing it, we said, 'actually, nobody quite fits all that criteria except Craig'.

A leaked transcript of the interview has been leaked online, reads as follows:

______Start of Interview____

Question 1) Are you Craig Levein?

Answers: If you answered "no", please leave now, if you answered "yes", please sign attached three year contract...

_____ End of Interview_____

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2017, 12:32 PM
I watched it on the telly, try using Google.

MWHIBBIES
29-08-2017, 12:40 PM

Yes they will, many sides have up to 9/10 guys working with the first team in different areas. Nothing wrong with it, plenty of things to laugh at Hearts for but this isnt one.

Deansy
29-08-2017, 12:55 PM
JKB

'Excellent decision.

You must have long term stability and strategy or the players will take the piss.

Well done Ann, shrewd'

Oh FFS - Pass the bucket - quickly :sick:

Danderhall Hibs
29-08-2017, 12:58 PM
I watched it on the telly, try using Google.

:hilarious just spat my coffee out etc etc

Iggy Pope
29-08-2017, 01:08 PM

At the risk if getting telt to google it, is Charles Paterson the chubbyfaced guy with the teeth? Levein is more of a sap than I took him for if he is being goaded by this belter.

Geo_1875
29-08-2017, 01:20 PM

So you think Levein can polish a turd?

jacomo
29-08-2017, 01:34 PM
He didn't even want the gig. See the maroon hordes are now trying to convince themselves he's the best man for the job. They really are delusional. Certainly weren't many of that opinion four weeks ago...

They're not the only ones.

Levein now trying to convince himself he was desperate to get back in the dug out.

I expect their results to improve because at least the players now know there is only one guy in charge.

But... Hertz are on a downward spiral.

majorhibs
29-08-2017, 01:36 PM

Aye, they owe him to themselves.

Anyone know if, by coincidence, he just happened to be in the club shop when he decided to appoint himself?

Northernhibee
29-08-2017, 01:52 PM
So Hearts now have a near unsackable manager with a questionable style of play. Sounds good to me.

Sioux
29-08-2017, 01:53 PM
The ******* has mentioned Hibs already;

Craig Levein: "I missed the pressure of being out there; of being 4-2 down to Hibs with two minutes to go..."

WTF is wrong with these people?

GordonHFC
29-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Anyone know if, by coincidence, he just happened to be in the club shop when he decided to appoint himself?

I heard he had to ask himself back for a second interview.

Deansy
29-08-2017, 02:05 PM

Craig Levein: "I missed the pressure of being out there; of being 4-2 down to Hibs with two minutes to go..."

Oh have no doubt - Levein will be cranking up the 'Hate Hibs' thing at the PBS in an effort to get their idiot-faithful behind him !

Spike Mandela
29-08-2017, 02:08 PM
:confused:
3 year deal means a big pay off when he gets punted.

What they have basically done though is remove a role from the structure and combined the DoF/manager role.

They are saving themselves whatever they paid Cathro a year.

No matter the bluster and bull**** that comes out in any statement this is the SOLE reason they have done this.

Cheaper.

Tornadoes70
29-08-2017, 02:12 PM

What they have basically done though is remove a role from the structure and combined the DoF/manager role.

No matter the bluster and bull**** that comes out in any statement this is the SOLE reason they have done this.

Cheaper.

100%

In addition the last time Potter was yam manager the banks were allowing them and the huns to run up massive overdrafts which allowed them to keep spending out-with their means. They don't have that same bank tolerance nowadays and we'll see if Potter can work wonders with the dross he'll have. Its going to be magic watching Potter fail miserably.

Danderhall Hibs
29-08-2017, 02:29 PM

Presumably he would've enjoyed the pressure of being 3-1 down last season with 2 mins to go as well? They didn't win that game either.

truehibernian
29-08-2017, 02:35 PM

He also missed the pressure of needing a point at Dens by pulling a sickie :greengrin

When it comes to any mind games, not only do we have a manager who will win that battle, Levein also underestimates the sheer weight that has been lifted off Hibs shoulders winning the Scottish Cup and beating them in the process. Hibs no longer go into games against them with any fear - far from it, the boys only look to win these games now and really look forward to them, whereas before it was avoiding defeat that seemed to be more important.

Hearts remind me of what we were like during the last 10 years prior to Leeann and Stubbs changing the fortunes on and off the pitch. Loans, journeymen and treading water on and off the pitch, with fans now turning on the team and management, becoming detached, and having to accept mediocrity as the 'standard'.

Also have to question Tom English and his 'sources' when he said last night on Sportsound he had asked players/staff and it was clear (to him) that Levein hadn't been interfering in the dressing room. I've never ever seen TE anywhere near the dressing rooms (both at Tynie and Easter Road)- he's 100% wrong :aok: maybe he should have ditched the half time pie and come down to check for himself - or asked wee Jonathan Sutherland or Brian McLauchlin :cb

PapillonVert
29-08-2017, 02:36 PM

Cheaper.

It is possible that they are STILL paying Cathro's salary. Not saying they definitely are (as I have no knowledge of what goes on at Tynie) but it does sometimes happen that a club continues to pay a salary after the manager/coach has left the club. Could have been part of the severance deal.

Think it happened with Butcher and, some years ago, IIRC Southampton continued to pay Strachan for a while after he left.

If so, this could explain the Budgie prevailing upon Potter to take both roles rather than have to pay two salaries for the "Head Coach".

SRHibs
29-08-2017, 02:53 PM
Seems like the easy way to get him out of the DoF role. He probably demanded a 3 year deal but at least this enables them to easily get rid if he does *****. Costly for a club with no money though.

Joe6-2
29-08-2017, 02:57 PM
I had to get the infrastructure back to an acceptable level- CL

SirDavidsNapper
29-08-2017, 03:06 PM
3 year contract, keeps director of football role and seat on the board. Levein had Budget eating out the palm of his hand. I don't think she knows how to run a football club.

Jones28
29-08-2017, 03:40 PM
So the cheap option has been chosen then. 2 jobs, 1 salary, this is hilarious. Drop the entire ethos the club has had over the past 3 years for an experienced head.

ACLeith
29-08-2017, 04:17 PM
3 year contract, keeps director of football role and seat on the board. Levein had Budget eating out the palm of his hand. I don't think she knows how to run a football club.

She definitely didn't. Bringing in someone to oversee football operations was a smart move, sadly for her she made the worst possible choice for that appointment and fir whatever reason she is compounding her mistake.

But we have only one thing to say to her - Keep going down the same road fir a while yet hen you're doing a grand job

Deansy
29-08-2017, 04:28 PM

Wonder how the average window-licker who pays a % of their hard-earned every month - money that was originally intended so he/she could own a share in Hearts - now feels, having seen the timescales of their ownership aspirations gradually being put further and further back (extending the lifespan of their D/D and the amount of money they would've paid !) and are now basically paying a % of their hard-earned towards the extremely cushy-number that Levein's managed to create for himself ?.

The PBS (and their big bros over at Greyskull) seem to attract these money-sucking characters like moths to a flame - I reckon their sheer desparation to be seen as a successful 'Big team' blinds them from shysters !

Tug Wilson
29-08-2017, 04:37 PM

Cheaper.

Except they are not saving Cathro's wages as they no doubt had to pay up most of his contract to get him to go away.

So really they have changed nothing. Expect Daly and McPhee to run the training sessions and CL to pick the team. Nothing new there.

G B Young
29-08-2017, 04:51 PM
I do find it amusing that some overnight Potter converts are now trying to claim 4-6-0 was a tactical masterstroke. It's how big teams play...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/171918-4-6-0/page-3

Jim44
29-08-2017, 05:10 PM
It's a reasonable gamble for Potter. To survive in the job, all he needs to do is hold his own against us over the season and avoid relegation. Their sights are set quite low but he's probably bitten off more than he can chew. They'll probably achieve the second goal but we will be the thorn in the flesh. Bring it on.

HFCdeb
29-08-2017, 05:11 PM

This is perfect 😂😂😂😂👏👏👏👏

Hibbycol
29-08-2017, 05:16 PM
This is perfect [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]His training garb [emoji16]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/94c7d39d7160012e788ea92ac4ee67a9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/74c20be1662fee502d0771526b725a36.jpg

Famous Fiver
29-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Just seen a clip on BBC News about the new manager across the road.

Caption came up - ANNE BUDGE - HEARTS OWNER

What happened to the much heralded and praised fan ownership?

Perhaps our Gorgie lurkers on here could explain.

Fife-Hibee
29-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Just seen a clip on BBC News about the new manager across the road.

Caption came up - ANNE BUDGE - HEARTS OWNER

What happened to the much heralded and praised fan ownership?

Perhaps our Gorgie lurkers on here could explain.

Potter also said they were a bit light in a couple of areas with a half built stand in the background 🤣🤣

Aldo
29-08-2017, 06:47 PM
He was a,ways going to mention us in his interview just to get the hordes on his side! Classless bottler of a species!

He can say what he wants the guy is a total bottle merchant.

Walker will go with his blessing cos he's 3 stone too light and 6 inches too small. He will be replaced by a loanee or unheard of journey man of that size.

One way and one way only to shut him up and that's do our talking on the pitch!

SirDavidsNapper
29-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Sorry had to copy and paste this....

The negativity amonst Hearts fans is absolutely baffling. A squad of International players, a manager who has experience of playing at the highest level, captaining his boyhood club, playing for his country, managing said boyhood team to some of their greatest achievements before moving on to 'bigger things at the time', winning Scottish cups before getting the job of his dream that was managing his country. All right that never worked out as he tried to think outside the box and lost but for me he tried this. Then there is over 14000 season ticket holders and 8000 FOH pledgers. Building a magnificent new stand that will make us millions more each season after its paid off and on our way to fan owned.*

Yet all this negativity that is brought from the success that Robbie, Craig and Ann first brought to us.*

Believe. HHGH. FTH.

Squad of international players? Potter winning Scottish cups? Magnificent new stand?

Must surely be a Hibby on the wind up.

29-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Why do hearts fans always do that FTH thing, even when discussing matters which have nothing to do with us?

Bostonhibby
29-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Why do hearts fans always do that FTH thing, even when discussing matters which have nothing to do with us?Fleece The Halfwits?

Guess it's been going on for so long they just automatically do it.

Some probably have tattooed it on.

PapillonVert
29-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Why do hearts fans always do that FTH thing, even when discussing matters which have nothing to do with us?

Deep insecurity. They know deep down that they ain't as superior as they imagine.

It's sad really.

29-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Fleece The Halfwits?

Guess it's been going on for so long they just automatically do it.

Some probably have tattooed it on.

I worked with some Jambo clown who had a tattoo than incorporated both 1902 and “Lest we forget”. One of the most bizarre tattoos I’ve ever seen.

jacomo
29-08-2017, 08:40 PM
I worked with some Jambo clown who had a tattoo than incorporated both 1902 and “Lest we forget”. One of the most bizarre tattoos I’ve ever seen.

:faf:

That just gets weirder the more you think about it.

Bostonhibby
29-08-2017, 08:50 PM

Aye, they do the strangest things to themselves. Worshipping Romanov, deary me.

Hibbycol
29-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Aye, they do the strangest things to themselves. Worshipping Romanov, deary me.

19276That year got the romanov blacked out a few years ago ,what a plonker, hope it phutchin hurt the bell-end

Baader
29-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Sorry had to copy and paste this....

The negativity amonst Hearts fans is absolutely baffling. A squad of International players, a manager who has experience of playing at the highest level, captaining his boyhood club, playing for his country, managing said boyhood team to some of their greatest achievements before moving on to 'bigger things at the time', winning Scottish cups before getting the job of his dream that was managing his country. All right that never worked out as he tried to think outside the box and lost but for me he tried this. Then there is over 14000 season ticket holders and 8000 FOH pledgers. Building a magnificent new stand that will make us millions more each season after its paid off and on our way to fan owned.*

Yet all this negativity that is brought from the success that Robbie, Craig and Ann first brought to us.*

Believe. HHGH. FTH.

Squad of international players? Potter winning Scottish cups? Magnificent new stand?

Must surely be a Hibby on the wind up.

Straightjackets required for that one. Where to start?

How about with the one that Craig Levein has won nothing - zero, zilch, SFA - in his playing and managerial career in football. Not one Scottish Cup let alone multitudes of them... How exactly will that stand increase their profit by millions each year? How much more are tickets for it?!!

These are the ramblings of a fantasist.

Cabbage East
29-08-2017, 09:00 PM
He was a,ways going to mention us in his interview just to get the hordes on his side! Classless bottler of a species!

He can say what he wants the guy is a total bottle merchant.

Walker will go with his blessing cos he's 3 stone too light and 6 inches too small. He will be replaced by a loanee or unheard of journey man of that size.

One way and one way only to shut him up and that's do our talking on the pitch!

What did he say about us?

Bostonhibby
29-08-2017, 09:01 PM
That year got the romanov blacked out a few years ago ,what a plonker, hope it phutchin hurt the bell-end

Probably got Father Dougals name done as well and is now crossing it out and having pile on a few extra stone to make a space for a picture of Potter right next to his tattoos of Mrs Budge and the half built stand.

29-08-2017, 09:09 PM

Lest we forget to pay for the poppies?

Cabbage East
29-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Watched the BBC interview and read the statement. Still can't see where he mentions Hibs. This place is so frustrating at times :confused::greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
29-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Watched the BBC interview and read the statement. Still can't see where he mentions Hibs. This place is so frustrating at times :confused::greengrin

Said he loved the pressure of being 4-2 down in a derby.

Tyler Durden
29-08-2017, 09:15 PM

Said he missed pressure of being on the touch line, being 4-2 down to Hibs with 2 mins to go.

Also said he will look forward to being responsible for wins, not just defeats. So he's already feeling sorry for himself and blaming the media.

An arrogant Hearts *****. Delighted we have Lennon in the dug out to put this guy in his place

GreenArmyyy!
29-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Excellent. As original "author" can I say how clever that is to include two Potters (the one youngish and vigorous, the other old and careworn), thus emphasising the difficult twin role that our hero has to play? :not worth

Curious as to what you mean by "original author?"

tamig
29-08-2017, 09:46 PM
Curious as to what you mean by "original author?"

We have JK herself in our presence.

29-08-2017, 10:03 PM
We have JK herself in our presence.

A jakey more like.

Deansy
30-08-2017, 05:52 AM
Michael Stewart really struggling NOT to say that Levein's a two-faced, greedy, back-stabbing xxxxxxxx !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/41084696

While the p***k that is Kris Boyd does his bit for his 'Bros' Lite - 'Hearts are our 3rd-4th biggest club and you want to see them challenging ...........'.

SirDavidsNapper
30-08-2017, 07:59 AM
Michael Stewart really struggling NOT to say that Levein's a two-faced, greedy, back-stabbing xxxxxxxx !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/41084696

While the p***k that is Kris Boyd does his bit for his 'Bros' Lite - 'Hearts are our 3rd-4th biggest club and you want to see them challenging ...........'.

Think he's realising Hibs are probably 3rd

jacomo
30-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Think he's realising Hibs are probably 3rd

Sevco must be 5th then.

Captain Trips
30-08-2017, 11:12 PM
I wonder how his severance pay will go when he has to sack himself?

Bostonhibby
31-08-2017, 08:01 AM
I wonder how his severance pay will go when he has to sack himself?

He'll owe it to himself, if the stand continues to over run he might even get to be a creditor. Not a very exclusive club.

Sammy7nil
04-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Michael O'Neill just tweeted next stop Murrayfield or PBS :faf::faf::greengrin

Deansy
04-09-2017, 09:31 PM

Yeah, like they were in with a real shout of getting him to leave his current job for theirs :faf::tee hee::LOL:

JimBHibees
05-09-2017, 06:24 AM

Seriously. :greengrin

Aldo
05-09-2017, 06:42 AM
On a side note the yams ambassador 'Golden Gary' has suggested that other Scottish Clubs were interested in their new signing from Raith.

Yeah GG keep telling yourself that and in your head he's a good player!

Pete
05-09-2017, 06:55 AM
On a side note the yams ambassador 'Golden Gary' has suggested that other Scottish Clubs were interested in their new signing from Raith.

Other clubs like Dunfermline and Falkirk.

Jack Hackett
05-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Other clubs like Dunfermline and Falkirk.

He'll get another chance at one of these decent clubs in the yams now traditional January clear out.

Jones28
05-09-2017, 09:39 AM

Golden Gary 😂😂

Green_one
05-09-2017, 11:43 AM
The negativity amongst Hearts fans is absolutely baffling. A squad of International players, a manager who has experience of playing at the highest level, captaining his boyhood club, playing for his country, managing said boyhood team to some of their greatest achievements before moving on to 'bigger things at the time', winning Scottish cups before getting the job of his dream that was managing his country..

Just to emphasise this fantasy - CL has won nothing . ZERO as a manager or a player. Just a few 'manager of the month'. In COMPARISON our Neil has :-

Player
Leicester City League Cup (2): 1996–97, 1999–2000
Celtic Scottish Premier League (5): 2000–01,2001–02, 2003–04, 2005–06, 2006–07
Scottish Cup (4): 2000–01, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2006–07
Scottish League Cup (2): 2000–01, 2005–06

Manager
Celtic Scottish Premier League (2): 2011–12, 2012–13
Scottish Premiership: 2013–14
Scottish Cup (2): 2010–11, 2012–13
Hibernian Scottish Championship: 2016–17

Plus more manager of the month, player of the year etc. etc. etc. Find the frequent mention of him winning league cups particularly amusing. :greengrin