PDA

View Full Version : It really feels like we're back

Hibernia&Alba
05-08-2017, 06:21 PM
After three years away, back in the SPL with a good win and a big crowd; a good manager and some quality players. I'm very happy tonight and have a good feeling about this season :flag:

05-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Totally agree. We've marked our return with a convincing win and got off to a flyer.

We are back where we belong :flag:

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 06:32 PM
I agree.
We simply oozed class and fight all over the pitch against a 'handy' Partick Thistle.
I felt we gave them too much respect during those opening 10 minutes, but then we went through the gears and stepped up to another level that they could not handle.
It's early days, but I really do believe that, potentially, we have one of, if not the strongest Hibs sides/Squads since The Tornadoes.

RoscoHibby
05-08-2017, 06:37 PM
I agree.
We simply oozed class and fight all over the pitch against a 'handy' Partick Thistle.
I felt we gave them too much respect during those opening 10 minutes, but then we went through the gears and stepped up to another level that they could not handle.
It's early days, but I really do believe that, potentially, we have one of, if not the strongest Hibs side/Squads since The Tornadoes.

Completely this. Started in 2nd gear and no movement for 1st 10 or so, took conceding to get some urgency. If we started like that my 4-0 prediction would've been spot on.

Just as I suspected though, we'll have too much for your run of the mill SPL outfit, just need to be at it for bigger games n those usually take care of themselves.

Onwards n upwards, bring them all on!

GGTTH

calumhibee1
05-08-2017, 06:40 PM
We really do have an outstanding team this season. Play cracking football, work their socks off and have a real nasty streak about them aswell. Not one team will **** us around this year. We could hand out a hell of a lot of spankings this year and I can also see us getting some big victories at home against the likes of Aberdeen and Rangers and even Celtic. No way will the likes of Whittaker, McGregor etc allow players like Sinclair and Griffiths the room and opportunities that other teams seem to allow them.

Hibernia&Alba
05-08-2017, 06:41 PM
I agree.
It's early days, but I really do believe that, potentially, we have one of, if not the strongest Hibs side/Squads since The Tornadoes.

Yes, it's been a huge transformation in the past couple of years; Leeann Dempster has to take a lot of credit for that. We have sense of purpose and direction again, and the rock bottom of relegation and Butcher seems like a lifetime ago. You can sense the belief in the support.

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Completely this. Started in 2nd gear and no movement for 1st 10 or so, took conceding to get some urgency. If we started like that my 4-0 prediction would've been spot on.

Just as I suspected though, we'll have too much for your run of the mill SPL outfit, just need to be at it for bigger games n those usually take care of themselves.

Onwards n upwards, bring them all on!

GGTTH
I agree that we will have too much for a lot of SPL teams this season.
My 3-0 prediction went out the window because of that slow start, but when we got going, boy, we were immense - a class above 'good' opponents.

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Yes, it's been a huge transformation in the past couple of years; Leeann Dempster has to take a lot of credit for that. We have sense of purpose and direction again, and the rock bottom of relegation and Butcher seems like a lifetime ago. You can sense the belief in the support.

I wholeheartedly agree with all of your post.:agree:

Jack Hackett
05-08-2017, 06:48 PM
We really do have an outstanding team this season. Play cracking football, work their socks off and have a real nasty streak about them aswell. Not one team will **** us around this year. We could hand out a hell of a lot of spankings this year and I can also see us getting some big victories at home against the likes of Aberdeen and Rangers and even Celtic. No way will the likes of Whittaker, McGregor etc allow players like Sinclair and Griffiths the room and opportunities that other teams seem to allow them.

Hibernian FC... hard as nails. No more being bullied. The grief SJM gave Osman was epic considering their relative sizes :greengrin

RoscoHibby
05-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Looked like we could've moved up the gears if required, played best 1st 10 of 2nd half, almost naturally came off the gas when went to 3-1. Encouraging stuff. Win at snake mountain next week and We're winning the league!!

Hibernia&Alba
05-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Hibernian FC... hard as nails. No more being bullied. The grief SJM gave Osman was epic considering their relative sizes :greengrin

That's a good point actually. For years we were a soft touch physically and mentally. That's where a manager like Lennon makes a huge difference; Alan Stubbs also deserves credit for starting the work on that problem.

hfc rd
05-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Today's result sent a statement to the rest of the league that we ain't the same bottlers and pushovers the last time we were in the Premiership. Partick finished in the top 6 last season and minus the first 10 mins, we outclassed them throughout the remainder of the game.

Teams aren't going to enjoy playing us this season. This could really be a very special season for us.

mjhibby
05-08-2017, 07:54 PM
That's a good point actually. For years we were a soft touch physically and mentally. That's where a manager like Lennon makes a huge difference; Alan Stubbs also deserves credit for starting the work on that problem.

It's noticeable that most of Lennons signings can handle the physical side of the game but can also play good football. Exactly what is needed in the SPL. Look at the bench we had today and with gray and mcgregor suspended it's some strong squad we have.

SirDavidsNapper
05-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Today was a tough game. Make no mistake. Top 6 team last season and we ran all over them for long spells. We're back.

Edinburgh Green
05-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Left today with a wry smile on my face, knowing that not only is our starting 11 strong, the depth of the squad is incredible! We could lose the spine on the team. Rocky, hanlon, mcginn and stokes and we would still put out a fantastic team! A great time to be a Hibee!

Northernhibee
05-08-2017, 08:16 PM
It's nice to play against teams who want to play football. My main memory of the last three years in the league will be how many teams would park the bus even if they'd fallen behind.

high bee
05-08-2017, 08:25 PM
14/1 to finish 2nd. Although I think Aberdeen and Sevco will be 2nd/3rd, we're still a bit of a dark horse IMI.

O'Rourke3
05-08-2017, 08:31 PM
It's nice to play against teams who want to play football. My main memory of the last three years in the league will be how many teams would park the bus even if they'd fallen behind.Said the same at the game.

jacomo
05-08-2017, 08:35 PM

Alan Stubbs definitely deserves credit. He put together a Hibs team that wasn't afraid of expressing itself and up for the fight.

Lenny obvs a born winner.