PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

Pages : [1] 2

stokesmessiah
05-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Just watching the replay on Alba. They interview Neil Lennon at half time and he makes it quite clear he wants to stay longer. I have to admit, I haven't always been convinced by him but would love him on a long term deal now. The way everything is going at the club with a stable, consistent management team could see us doing very well?

CathroMustStay
05-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Any Hibs fan that doubts Lennon now and the vision he's creating at our club... is an ignoramus.

theonlywayisup
05-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Just watching the replay on Alba. They interview Neil Lennon at half time and he makes it quite clear he wants to stay longer. I have to admit, I haven't always been convinced by him but would love him on a long term deal now. The way everything is going at the club with a stable, consistent management team could see us doing very well?

He's proving to be a very good manager. I think he speaks well and is a leader.

Hated him as a player, admire him as a manager.

Smartie
05-08-2017, 06:40 PM
I think he is superb, the real deal.

We did brilliantly to get as good a manager as him, Stubbs was a tough act to follow.

He did enough to get the job done last season and managed to ride out a few rough spells.

You get the feeling that this really is his team now.

Bay Area Hibees
05-08-2017, 06:54 PM
This guy is a winner.
We will not do any better.
Let's appreciate who we have at the club and get behind him.
He refuses to fail.
Just what we need.

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-08-2017, 06:55 PM
You know what you're getting with NL. A no nonsense born winner.

The football won't be the most entertaining at times as we witnessed last season but he'll get the job done. Jose Mourinho parks the bus when he needs to. It's game management and NL has an excellent understanding of it

As entertaining and exciting as the Mowbray and Stubbsy teams were, they were imo weak mentally in certain games. NL has instilled a winning mentality.

This club is going places with the current management team. Let's enjoy the ride and get right behind him and the players

High-On-Hibs
05-08-2017, 06:57 PM

Secretly liked him as a player tbh. Came across as an arse if you weren't a Celtic supporter, but a player full of passion if you were.

ScottB
05-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Secretly liked him as a player tbh. Came across as an arse if you weren't a Celtic supporter, but a player full of passion if you were.

Yeah, I can always appreciate the sort of player that their own fans love but everyone else hates.

kaimendhibs
05-08-2017, 07:03 PM
NL is a brilliant manager for us. He gets us and speaks with passion. Extending his contract is surely a priority.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Today, after a slow first 10 minutes, we witnessed a team full of fight, controlled aggression, desire, skill, cohesion and, yes, class!
This is a Lennon team and boy am I grateful that he is steering us through this first season back in the top flight.
He is a winner, and today we witnessed a team of winners. For too long we have been subjected to the odd skillful and joy to watch side, but with an inherant collective weak mentality.
Today, I saw a bunch of scrappers, from John McGinn to Bartley to McGeouch to Hanlon to Stevenson to......well, I'm sure you get the picture.
Any Jambo who feared us before this season started, who witnessed todays game will be absolutely running scared and dreading the derbies against Lennon's Lions!

High-On-Hibs
05-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I can always appreciate the sort of player that their own fans love but everyone else hates.

McGinn, Brown, Goodwin spring to mind.

Was going to say Lafferty, but i'm pretty sure he's universally hated. :LOL:

Onion
05-08-2017, 07:07 PM
To be honest, surprised NL has taken to Hibs so much. Saw his move to ER as a last ditch effort by him to get back into big time management and thought he'd be pushing for a move to bigger club if we won the Champ. Also surprised to hear on Alba that he only has 1 year to go on his contract.

KWJ
05-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Hated him as a player and he strived in it. Always mind him having a sly kick at tam mcmanus.

Delighted to have him as manager.

Fickle much.

Onion
05-08-2017, 07:16 PM
NL is a brilliant manager for us. He gets us and speaks with passion. Extending his contract is surely a priority.

Don't think NL's contract will be the problem, more likely whether or not Hibs can live up to his ambitions and have the finance to bring in the kind of quality players he'll be looking for to take us on to the next level. If we have a stellar season and we can pull in 15000 STs next year, then maybe we could push on a bit, but we cannot get close to Celtic. Best we can hope for is a Cup and Euro place.

mca
05-08-2017, 07:30 PM
To be honest, surprised NL has taken to Hibs so much. Saw his move to ER as a last ditch effort by him to get back into big time management and thought he'd be pushing for a move to bigger club if we won the Champ. Also surprised to hear on Alba that he only has 1 year to go on his contract.

I can remember watching an interview and Neil says that Hibs have really got under his skin.. or something like that and he looked like he meant it..

cant find the link now... sorry

Bay Area Hibees
05-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Don't think NL's contract will be the problem, more likely whether or not Hibs can live up to his ambitions and have the finance to bring in the kind of quality players he'll be looking for to take us on to the next level. If we have a stellar season and we can pull in 15000 STs next year, then maybe we could push on a bit, but we cannot get close to Celtic. Best we can hope for is a Cup and Euro place.

I agree with this even if romantically I love the notion of something bigger....

Johnny Clash
05-08-2017, 07:49 PM
I was a bit gutted when Stubbsy decided to leave us and felt he was taking a big gamble when he could have spent another year or so building on the Cup victory. However, getting Neil Lennon was incredible. Always thought he'd be an excellent Hibs manager and that's exactly how it's shaping up. A great manager with all the potential to be a Hibs legend!

hfc rd
05-08-2017, 08:13 PM
I was a bit gutted when Stubbsy decided to leave us and felt he was taking a big gamble when he could have spent another year or so building on the Cup victory. However, getting Neil Lennon was incredible. Always thought he'd be an excellent Hibs manager and that's exactly how it's shaping up. A great manager with all the potential to be a Hibs legend!

Couldn't agree more with this.

high bee
05-08-2017, 08:18 PM
The big thing he does is develop the players. Boyle is coming on leaps and bounds and he has transformed Simon Murray by telling him to stay up top rather than track back and go out wide like he did and UTD. (He could see the potential that many didn't realise was there.)

Pedantic_Hibee
05-08-2017, 08:21 PM
I love Neil Lennon. He is EXACTLY what this club needed and continues to need.

edwards
05-08-2017, 08:22 PM
It's our first game if we were to lose the next three u would all be panicking on here demanding his resignation. I am the first to admit he is doing well and hope he keeps the momentum going.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2017, 08:23 PM
I am the first to admit he is doing well

No you're not.

Shrekko
05-08-2017, 08:26 PM
I personally think there are still Hibs fans who'd be more than happy for a chance to jump on him and I just don't get it.

We couldn't ask for any more from a manager in such a short space of time.

pacoluna
05-08-2017, 08:28 PM
It's our first game if we were to lose the next three u would all be panicking on here demanding his resignation. I am the first to admit he is doing well and hope he keeps the momentum going.

Why is that an admission?

jacomo
05-08-2017, 08:32 PM

I think it's fair to say that Stubbsy may have regretted his decision to leave.

Lenny has a bit of a reputation as a hard man but he's always struck me as a smart guy. There's a real affinity between him and Hibs, and while I'm sure he'd love another crack in England I also think he is enjoying the challenge right now.

heretoday
05-08-2017, 08:36 PM
I love watching Lennon on the touchline.

He was going crazy at times!

He (possibly) intimidates the refs too which is in our interests.

heidtheba
05-08-2017, 08:37 PM
The big thing he does is develop the players. Boyle is coming on leaps and bounds and he has transformed Simon Murray by telling him to stay up top rather than track back and go out wide like he did and UTD. (He could see the potential that many didn't realise was there.)

Totally agree with the general sentiment on this thread but you've hit the nail on the head here. For so long we had players who didn't get 'better' in their time with us. So many players came in and generally underperformed. We bought talent and ended up, so often, with utter duds. Lennon has really surprised me here. Making a name with Celtic and winning titles didn't really impress me too much, 'how hard can it be' to do that with their budget, I always thought they just maybe bought well. I'd never appreciated that Lennon actually made players better. He certainly seems to be doing that here.
Long may it continue.

lord bunberry
05-08-2017, 08:41 PM
His hibs tv interview tells you all you need to know. We're not in this league to make up the numbers.
The hibees are back.

heretoday
05-08-2017, 08:42 PM
We can only hope that Lennon feels about Hibs like we do.

I don't think he does but I do think he's up for a challenge and what better challenge than seeing Hibs get one over the Old Firm?

calumhibee1
05-08-2017, 08:53 PM
I personally think there are still Hibs fans who'd be more than happy for a chance to jump on him and I just don't get it.

We couldn't ask for any more from a manager in such a short space of time.

I wanted him to do well but I will admit that until the last few games of last season I was still a bit 'meh' about him. I have absolutely no reservations now though and think he'll do an outstanding job this season.

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2017, 09:13 PM
I was excited about him being our manager from the minute he was linked to us.

Everything that he has said and done just reinforces my belief that he is the best manager we've had in my lifetime.

He seems so content with everything. He was under constant pressure at Celtic and walked into turmoil at Bolton. He's now working in a tremendous environment and, as he says, has the chance to build something here.

He clearly wants to stay with us longer going by his half time interview on Alba. I think, and hope, we'll hear about a contract extension soon.

neil7908
05-08-2017, 09:16 PM
As much as Stubbs will always be a legend, I'm delighted we've ended up with Lennon in charge.

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-08-2017, 09:52 PM

Everything that he has said and done just reinforces my belief that he is the best manager we've had in my lifetime.

He seems so content with everything. He was under constant pressure at Celtic and walked into turmoil at Bolton. He's now working in a tremendous environment and, as he says, has the chance to build something here.

He clearly wants to stay with us longer going by his half time interview on Alba. I think, and hope, we'll hear about a contract extension soon.

Agreed mate

Cardinal Hibernian
05-08-2017, 10:28 PM
As much as Stubbs will always be a legend, I'm delighted we've ended up with Lennon in charge.

Well said - I could not agree more.

coco22
05-08-2017, 10:36 PM

I agree. Was/am a big Stubbs fan but think we've got a top boss in charge

Firestarter
05-08-2017, 10:38 PM
He's won me over tbh. I've been in the get Stubbs or even Doolan camp for ages. Lennon has it and he undoubtably cares about our club. New Contract asap.

wookie70
05-08-2017, 10:57 PM
He is slowly winning me over. Last year was pass marks but there are some very good signs. We look very much like a team and the players look a yard faster and even more determined. For about 45 minutes today after we went behind we played like we had 10 Neil Lennons on the park. Every ball was chased and we never shirked a tackle. My biggest complaint about Lennon last year was the style of play. I wasn't a Holt fan and lump after lump failed and was eye bleeding to watch. This season has been a total transformation. We still play long and early at points but instead of someone who couldn't run and someone who didn't fancy it we have Boyle, Swanson and most notably Murray belting after each pass. Between those long balls we play some nice stuff. The signing s have been very good this year after a mixed bag last year and hopefully we can keep gathering points in the league and get a couple of good cup runs. Tuesday's game could be a cracker just like todays.

MichaelTheCelt
05-08-2017, 11:20 PM
I reckon you's are going places with Lennon I also don't think he'll leave the good thing he has going with Hibernian any time soon. For what it's worth you's looked class today, going 1 nil down to a Thistle team who did very very well last season and coming back to win it 3-1 in your first game back in the big league is impressive as hell.

Your team although still early days don't look like pushovers either, Ester Road is gonna be a tough place to go to I reckon. Fans were in great voice too, great for Scottish football having Hibs back. And it honestly looks like you's mean business from Board Room level, to on the park.

Best of luck to the season ahead.

pacorosssco
05-08-2017, 11:29 PM

I also didnt like one bit but was type player if he was at your club you would love. He took time to adjust to management and Bolton was a bad choice. He has raised bar at Hibs and I think he knows he must have a period of success at Hibs to get chance at a higher level. I think well see him stay three years. He has good profile and will get another chance in England.

Silky
06-08-2017, 12:19 AM
I also didnt like one bit but was type player if he was at your club you would love. He took time to adjust to management and Bolton was a bad choice. He has raised bar at Hibs and I think he knows he must have a period of success at Hibs to get chance at a higher level. I think well see him stay three years. He has good profile and will get another chance in England.

I agree. I'd love to see him stay longer. I think he's bruised by his experience at Bolton and wants more success to prove a point. He clearly loves a challenge and sees us as just that. He has rescued us from the Championship and as much as that would have been his job description, I'm sure he wants more. Top four must be his aim and that would be a great achievement for a team just up from the Championship. Privately, I'm sure, he'll see no reason why we can't be second. I reckon with him at the helm and the backing of the board and fans, that is not an impossible dream!

stoneyburn hibs
06-08-2017, 12:44 AM
Lennon is good for Hibs and exactly what we need right now. It's only one game but I can see what he's instilled in the squad and the players have responded, to a man they ran for 90 minutes and looked thoroughly professional today. Lennon is probably one of the few that will make the board realise his ambition for the club.

pacorosssco
06-08-2017, 12:51 AM
I agree. I'd love to see him stay longer. I think he's bruised by his experience at Bolton and wants more success to prove a point. He clearly loves a challenge and sees us as just that. He has rescued us from the Championship and as much as that would have been his job description, I'm sure he wants more. Top four must be his aim and that would be a great achievement for a team just up from the Championship. Privately, I'm sure, he'll see no reason why we can't be second. I reckon with him at the helm and the backing of the board and fans, that is not an impossible dream!

4th will be Lennons minimal target. He will want to be ahead of Dons and Huns.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2017, 01:43 AM
I despised him when he was at Celtic as a manager and a player and I had doubts when he was appointed but there's no doubt that he's been good for us and has taken us to a new level.

He's certainly someone that you want in your corner and I'm excited to see how far we could go under him.

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2017, 05:04 AM
On a wee side note not only does he seem to be a good manager, if, we do end up top 4 (and I dont see a reason why we should´nt) our players could be worth more and could command a bigger fee when coming to sell them.
Aye ah know ahm a wee bit ahead o masel, but, thats the way it is.
Imagne how much SJM could be worth at the end of this season if we have a good one.

Col_0762
06-08-2017, 06:09 AM
I reckon you's are going places with Lennon I also don't think he'll leave the good thing he has going with Hibernian any time soon. For what it's worth you's looked class today, going 1 nil down to a Thistle team who did very very well last season and coming back to win it 3-1 in your first game back in the big league is impressive as hell.

Your team although still early days don't look like pushovers either, Ester Road is gonna be a tough place to go to I reckon. Fans were in great voice too, great for Scottish football having Hibs back. And it honestly looks like you's mean business from Board Room level, to on the park.

Best of luck to the season ahead.

You, not you's. That word doesn't exist. Maybe a west coast thing but it annoys me. Speak properly, you're not in the east end of Glasgow when speaking on here.

Col_0762
06-08-2017, 06:16 AM
I'll be honest, I hated NL. And I mean despised. I was disgusted when he was appointed as our manger. Seeing him wear our crest on his chest made me feel sick. Honestly!
However, he's grown on me. He's said the right things, and convinced me that Hibernian are more important than NL, which I was worried would not be the case when he came here. Onwards and upwards under him. I just hope he conducts himself well next week. That fixture is my biggest worry. He has to remember he's our mananger and not let any silly Rangers and Celtic nonsense get in the way. Be bigger than anything they throw at him. And remember that Celtic are an absolute disgrace to the human race, never mind a football club. GGTTH.

green day
06-08-2017, 06:17 AM
You, not you's. That word doesn't exist. Maybe a west coast thing but it annoys me. Speak properly, you're not in the east end of Glasgow when speaking on here.

It does exist.

It's not a west coast thing, plenty of people here use the colloquial version of you (yous) as well.

While I don't use it and would encourage my son to use the original, I read recently that it is common all over the UK, in loads of local dialects (last employer had a very senior Irish woman who used "yous" in all conversation, including with clients".

Col_0762
06-08-2017, 06:18 AM
It does exist.

It's not a west coast thing, plenty of people here use the colloquial version of you (yous) as well.

While I don't use it and would encourage my son to use the original, I read recently that it is common all over the UK, in loads of local dialects (last employer had a very senior Irish woman who used "yous" in all conversation, including with clients".

Nope, you's is not a word. You is the correct word.

ronaldo7
06-08-2017, 06:22 AM
You know what you're getting with NL. A no nonsense born winner.

The football won't be the most entertaining at times as we witnessed last season but he'll get the job done. Jose Mourinho parks the bus when he needs to. It's game management and NL has an excellent understanding of it

As entertaining and exciting as the Mowbray and Stubbsy teams were, they were imo weak mentally in certain games. NL has instilled a winning mentality.

This club is going places with the current management team. Let's enjoy the ride and get right behind him and the players

I mentioned this at the match today. He knows when to shuffle the pack, and when not to. The players are responding to his instructions too.

I hope he stays longer.

green day
06-08-2017, 06:23 AM

I know what the correct written word is, I should have perhaps said it exists in common use, and Michael The Celt was using "yous" in the same way he would if he was talking.

A bit like people say dinnae dae that. Would you say that dinnae isn't a word?

WeAreHibs
06-08-2017, 06:33 AM
I know what the correct written word is, I should have perhaps said it exists in common use, and Michael The Celt was using "yous" in the same way he would if he was talking.

It isnae!😉

Col_0762
06-08-2017, 06:37 AM

Weegies have their own language. I just don't like them infesting our area. Especially when writing nonsense.

green day
06-08-2017, 06:43 AM
Weegies have their own language. I just don't like them infesting our area. Especially when writing nonsense.

Relax man! Yous isn't a glaswegian word, I've heard it all over.

Admins allow him to join and remain on this board, he gives his opinion but isn't abusive. If he was an erse he would be launched, but he isn't.

Col_0762
06-08-2017, 06:51 AM

Admins allow him to join and remain on this board, he gives his opinion but isn't abusive. If he was an erse he would be launched, but he isn't.

You can just hear him and his green teethed pals slavering over their guiness waxing lyrical over wee Jinky and Tommy Burns. We should keep them so far off this forum and more, utter ****. But that's just my opinion. Posting on another teams forum, especially ours, sums those ****ers up.

AlbertK86
06-08-2017, 07:22 AM
You can just hear him and his green teethed pals slavering over their guiness waxing lyrical over wee Jinky and Tommy Burns. We should keep them so far off this forum and more, utter ****. But that's just my opinion. Posting on another teams forum, especially ours, sums those ****ers up.

Should never start a sentence with But 😳😳😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Nameless
06-08-2017, 07:28 AM
I like having other teams fans on here, and I think it would be nice if we had more. I think a nonpartisan Thistle / Kilmarnock / The Rangers fan has as much to add to our general debates as any Hibby on here.

Anyway, back on topic. Lennon comes across as someone who has fire and passion in his "football life", but that values calm tranquillity in his "real life". Outside of football, Lennon is reputedly a very calm, generous, warm and kind man. I know a few people who met Lennon while he was still the Tic manager, and they say he was nothing like his perceived persona. When he says this club has got under his skin, or that it is a good fit for him, I think he means in all aspects of his life. He is at a big club where he can sate his competitive urges, while still preserving the sanctity of his personal life - I can see him being here for a good while yet.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2017, 07:34 AM
It isnae!😉

:greengrin:greengrin

RoYO!
06-08-2017, 07:37 AM

As an aside how much BETTER are the HT segments on alba than pretty much any other broadcaster! Seems crazy to say! Really good production value, interesting insights etc.

The Leith Dutch
06-08-2017, 07:57 AM
When we announced him as manager I was a bit surprised but I'm absolutely loving what he's doing with the club.

First and foremost we aren't a soft touch any more. We have a winning mentality and backbone.
It's been a consistent failing of Hibs teams in all the time I've watched them.

That alone would put him right up there but there's more.
Reputation to bring in bigger players.
Bringing on players we have and making them better.

Then there's what he's done with the squad - we have a group of players that has both depth and the ability to play in different formations.

Even when we've been good we get about half a season of it until the other teams work out how to stop plan A because we don't have a plan B.

With the players we have we can play 2 or 3 Centre backs, Full Backs or Wing Backs, flat midfield, holding midfield plus attackers, anything from 1 to 3 up front. It's a genuinely exciting squad.

The Falcon
06-08-2017, 08:20 AM

Absolutely. This isn't sickback.

He will, however, have to watch his use of the apotrophe. That won't be tolerated for long.

I am delighted we have Lennon in charge and Michael is right, we have always appeared a bit soft but I would back us now if things got a bit physical.

Lennon is arguably only just behind Rodgers in terms of status within the game and those two are a long way in front of anybody else working in Scotland just now.

mjhibby
06-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Any Hibs fan that doubts Lennon now and the vision he's creating at our club... is an ignoramus.

Here here. He was brought in to achieve promotion which he has done. He then identified the shortcomings of the squad and has assembled the best squad I can remember for many a year and the likes of whittaker and stokes have cited the manager being one of the main reasons they came. It's a no brainer to give s contract extension. If he does really well with us he may get offered a much bigger job but that would mean he will leave us with the feelgood factor there. Last two managers have been our best appointments since Mowbray.

WhileTheChief..
06-08-2017, 08:39 AM
As an aside how much BETTER are the HT segments on alba than pretty much any other broadcaster! Seems crazy to say! Really good production value, interesting insights etc.

HT is better than most of the real show as I can understand it.

Alba need to knock this Gaelic crap on the head and broadcast in English. Could be a no bad wee station then ;)

The_Sauz
06-08-2017, 08:43 AM
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/yous

btw...if you don't like other team's supporters opinion on this forum, then don't read them! :rolleyes:

Man Down Under
06-08-2017, 10:14 AM
I can remember watching an interview and Neil says that Hibs have really got under his skin.. or something like that and he looked like he meant it..

cant find the link now... sorryI feel like it was after the Derby last year knocking hearts out the cup...again.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

SRHibs
06-08-2017, 10:14 AM

Another team's*.

lucky
06-08-2017, 10:20 AM

I'm sure everyone in Leicester said the same

06-08-2017, 05:59 PM
I'm sure everyone in Leicester said the same

Pat Nevin to do Sportscene in his pants if we do a Leicester.

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 06:06 PM

Borderline this. Yammish. Not volatile enough for Hunnish. Michael Whelehan would boot your arse upside down.
PS. Capital G and second n in GUINNESS next time wise guy.

Colr
06-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Here here. He was brought in to achieve promotion which he has done. He then identified the shortcomings of the squad and has assembled the best squad I can remember for many a year and the likes of whittaker and stokes have cited the manager being one of the main reasons they came. It's a no brainer to give s contract extension. If he does really well with us he may get offered a much bigger job but that would mean he will leave us with the feelgood factor there. Last two managers have been our best appointments since Mowbray.

He's been the right person to deal with the "softness" about Hibs that Pat Fenlon identified and we had seen for some while.

Super_JMcGinn
06-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Alba need to knock this Gaelic crap on the head and broadcast in English. Could be a no bad wee station then ;)

It wouldn't exist if it wasn't broadcast in Gaelic.

AgentDaleCooper
06-08-2017, 06:33 PM

Exactly :aok:

Sir David Gray
06-08-2017, 06:57 PM

They could easily do an English option on the red button or something like that.

The Welsh language channel S4C used to do that (possibly still does) when they showed football.

BlackSheep
06-08-2017, 07:06 PM

Please tell us u are joking!! 😂😂😂

🙈

WhileTheChief..
06-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Well yeah, kinda thought that was obvious :wink:

superbam
06-08-2017, 07:57 PM

Have a word pal you ever even been to edinburgh?

weecounty hibby
06-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Hated him as a player and manager for celtic. As soon as he was linked with the Hibs job I was desperate for him to get the job. I was surprised and delighted that he got the job. I have been waiting 44 years to see Hibs get it right both on and off the park and with LD and NL and the rest of the management, and I include Rod in that, we have a strong dedicated ambitious group. On the park it's as strong a squad, probably the strongest, that I have seen. We are selling out the home stands at ER. And the fans are really connected like no time that I can remember. Lennon should get a longer contract and so should Leeann. The club is really going places right now with these two as leaders

Mick O'Rourke
06-08-2017, 09:00 PM

cant find the link now... sorry

This link should refresh your memory !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vchBBMZt3jY

lapsedhibee
06-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Should never start a sentence with But 😳😳😳

Tend to agree.

You can put it at the end but.

Onion
06-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Always hoped Strachan would come to ER someday but it never happened. In NL, think we've actually got someone who's a notch up on Strachan. A huge bonus that the Huns hate him and he's already done the Celtic gig, so good chance we might hold onto him longer then the usual 10 mins.

SMAXXA
06-08-2017, 10:24 PM
What did he say at half time on alba to say he wanted to be here long term?

Hibbycol
06-08-2017, 10:39 PM
NL eluding to the fact he has one year left and wants to stay . Get him signed up LD please .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
06-08-2017, 10:51 PM
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/yous

btw...if you don't like other teams supporters opinion on this forum, then don't read them! :rolleyes:

Agree. Thing is, the b(h)oy is only being attacked because he is a Tim:wink:. Unfortunately, the tone used by the Hibs poster suggests his/her outlook is one of a small-minded bigot - nowt to do with improper grammar. If it were about language use, s/he would spend most of their life correcting some of the appalling grammar/spelling on this site.
For instance, I absolutely hate when people write, 'could of...' instead of using the contraction, 'could've'. My brain always flips when It's used because there is no precedent for it - it only comes from poor/lazy speech: you never see it in mags, books at school etc. Despite this, I would not usually pull anyone up for incorrect usage unless they are having a real go at me or someone else or if they are going out their way to be a complete erse.
As long as people understand your gist, you have succeeded. As for being a Celt on our board - welcome to you and ignore the juvenile-like responses from the minority.:agree:

Scott Allan Key
06-08-2017, 11:23 PM
I think some people who now realise Neil Lennon is going to potentially be a great manager for Hibs but carry some unreasonable bigoted views, given our formative history, are using poor Michael as a new punchbag they would've been happy for Neil or Pat Fenlon (remember) to take with any failure.

I don't like the baggage of the Old Firm either way, but I remember that I might have been born in Glasgow into an Irish background family and could've had (mis)fortune to being brought up a Celtic supporter. I am forever grateful that I was taken to a Hibs game in 1983 and the Cup Final victory justifies the hundreds of miserable games suffered, the magical moments shared submerge any pain. I'm glad an appreciative football fan can come on here talking sense. I know some very decent Huns, although none post on here, Michael seems genuine, unlike the Hun who came back on raging after losing the Cup final, who I'm sure many also sensed only came on to pat our heads, with 'respect.'

Please come back Michael when we run you close/beat you/have a contentious game/dubious refereeing favours the lesser greens, etc and continue to show us your true colours.

Hibbycol
06-08-2017, 11:51 PM

Best of luck to the season ahead.Welcome to hibs.net and can we have liam henderson if yous dinnae want to play him [emoji1132][emoji106]. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170806/3c843d2edca12c8655b55302ee392099.jpg

Bam
07-08-2017, 12:48 AM
I love Neil Lennon. He is EXACTLY what this club needed and continues to need.

Agree 100%, he's what Scottish football needs - ambition, something a lot of us seem to lack, but something that could definitely be rebuilt considering his mindset and experience

147lothian
07-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Lennon is good for Hibs and exactly what we need right now. It's only one game but I can see what he's instilled in the squad and the players have responded, to a man they ran for 90 minutes and looked thoroughly professional today. Lennon is probably one of the few that will make the board realise his ambition for the club.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

scooby
07-08-2017, 02:24 PM

100% this, I think Stubbs was too protective of the players at times. Lennon absolutely demands 100% at all times.
We've hired a winner!

Billy Whizz
07-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Wonder what sort of flak he'll get on Saturday at Ibrox, though I'm sure he'll be used to it by now

Hibbyradge
07-08-2017, 02:31 PM

Yes it would.

It would be called BBC Scotland. :wink:

RoxburghHibs
07-08-2017, 02:36 PM
After Saturday's win Boyle mentioned that the reason they kept running and working to the end was because the manager wouldn't allow them to stop.

Great to hear

WhileTheChief..
07-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Now, if only BBC scotland could take Alba's coverage and show it in English we'd be on to a winner. :greengrin

Gauranteed Alba are paying peanuts for the football rights yet it's one of the only shows that people actually watch.

(Whilst we're at it lets get rid of the stupid Gaelic signs at train stations and the like.)

On topic, Lennon at HT was fantastic. He should go ask Leanne for a contract extension asap, I'm sure she'd say yes.

thebakerboy
07-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Heard from a reliable source that the house NL is staying has had its lease extended for another 2 years by Hibs. This doesnt mean its being kept for NL , as it could be used for a new manager if required but kind of gives an idea that he is here for a while.

SeanWilson
07-08-2017, 03:00 PM

Wowee. What a roaster.

Jones28
07-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Wowee. What a roaster.

Seconded

Sean1875
07-08-2017, 03:04 PM
New 3 year deal for NL please :aok: would top off a fantastic summer for us :agree:

jacomo
07-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Seconded

Thirded.

Pretty shameful stuff.

essexhibee
07-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Now, if only BBC scotland could take Alba's coverage and show it in English we'd be on to a winner. :greengrin

Gauranteed Alba are paying peanuts for the football rights yet it's one of the only shows that people actually watch.

(Whilst we're at it lets get rid of the stupid Gaelic signs at train stations and the like.)

On topic, Lennon at HT was fantastic. He should go ask Leanne for a contract extension asap, I'm sure she'd say yes.

They need to get bloody HD more than anything!!

HibernianJK
07-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Early days but it seems he's showing that last season was about one thing and one thing only. Promotion. Not always pretty but got us out of the hellish division.

Can hopefully get us playing some attractive football this season too and it seems like it was a good start.

Brizo
07-08-2017, 03:27 PM

If anyone's slavering it's you. Are you Corrie green ?

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Wonder what sort of flak he'll get on Saturday at Ibrox, though I'm sure he'll be used to it by nowEqually sure the GFA will turn a blind eye and deaf ear to whatever bile comes his way...just as they did when Stubbsy was subjected to it time and again

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
07-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Equally sure the GFA will turn a blind eye and deaf ear to whatever bile comes his way...just as they did when Stubbsy was subjected to it time and again

Difference is, I can't see the club letting it go with the current regime. Leeann does not suffer fools.

Lago
07-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Time you grew up.

SanFranHibs
07-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Just in case anyone has not seen the post Partick Thistle match interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGtDGPC4BLc

majorhibs
07-08-2017, 10:25 PM
Time you grew up.

Some bile on this site these days fi some. They are bitter & twisted elsewhere, as ye say, on here, grow up or adios, most ae us are just not wantin tae hear it either way nowadays, but there is a bit fervent anti on here which borders on the distasteful they go on about.

lord bunberry
07-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Difference is, I can't see the club letting it go with the current regime. Leeann does not suffer fools.
She let it go when it happened to Stubbs.

Brightside
07-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Heard from a reliable source that the house NL is staying has had its lease extended for another 2 years by Hibs. This doesnt mean its being kept for NL , as it could be used for a new manager if required but kind of gives an idea that he is here for a while.

Its a nice gaff tbh.

Haymaker
07-08-2017, 11:14 PM
Its a nice gaff tbh.

Hibs lease him a house? Thought he lived in Scotland permanently?

Brightside
07-08-2017, 11:39 PM
His home is in the west. We rent a place for him. We also have a place for garry.

Haymaker
07-08-2017, 11:44 PM
His home is in the west. We rent a place for him. We also have a place for garry.

He can't commute? Just seems strange.

Brightside
08-08-2017, 12:14 AM

I think it suits him....

RIP Bestie
08-08-2017, 03:04 AM
I'll be honest, I hated NL. And I mean despised. I was disgusted when he was appointed as our manger. Seeing him wear our crest on his chest made me feel sick. Honestly!
However, he's grown on me. He's said the right things, and convinced me that Hibernian are more important than NL, which I was worried would not be the case when he came here. Onwards and upwards under him. I just hope he conducts himself well next week. That fixture is my biggest worry. He has to remember he's our mananger and not let any silly Rangers and Celtic nonsense get in the way. Be bigger than anything they throw at him. And remember that Celtic are an absolute disgrace to the human race, never mind a football club. GGTTH.

Manger is a thing that Jesus was born in. You're not in the East end of Bethlehem when talking on here you know. 😭😭

Haymaker
08-08-2017, 04:12 AM
I think it suits him....

Very strange

JimBHibees
08-08-2017, 06:29 AM

Makes sense I think proximity to the training centre and some days not sitting in traffic for hours on end.

jacomo
08-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Very strange

Not wishing to engage in any scurrilous gossip, but NL has had some drama in his personal life.

His family home is in the West and being closer to his family was surely a factor in him coming to Hibs. But that might not include actually living there, if you get my drift.

Brightside
08-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Not wishing to engage in any scurrilous gossip, but NL has had some drama in his personal life.

His family home is in the West and being closer to his family was surely a factor in him coming to Hibs. But that might not include actually living there, if you get my drift.

Indeed - didn't want to point out the obvious.

oneone73
08-08-2017, 07:41 AM
She let it go when it happened to Stubbs.

And to the fans.

Johnny Clash
08-08-2017, 10:03 AM
And to the fans.

Last we heard about this from our supporters' reps was that Leeann had decided to personally deal with the complaints and incidents from the last time we played at Ibrox. No idea what the outcome was, if any.

I still think all of our Directors should stand in the Hibs end on Saturday to experience first hand the pathetic way Hibs fans are treated through there.

SeanWilson
08-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Last we heard about this from our supporters' reps was that Leeann had decided to personally deal with the complaints and incidents from the last time we played at Ibrox. No idea what the outcome was, if any.

I still think all of our Directors should stand in the Hibs end on Saturday to experience first hand the pathetic way Hibs fans are treated through there.

Including being penned in for 20 mins after full time while all of the orcs around us are aloud out on to the street, while throwing objects, vile language and spitting down on us...

Haymaker
08-08-2017, 02:25 PM

Ah!

CraigHibee
08-08-2017, 02:30 PM

:agree:

CraigHibee
08-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Last we heard about this from our supporters' reps was that Leeann had decided to personally deal with the complaints and incidents from the last time we played at Ibrox

i have a feeling there will be more to add to that list after Saturday

Col_0762
08-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Wowee. What a roaster.

Why?

Col_0762
Seconded

Why?

Col_0762
Thirded.

Pretty shameful stuff.

Why?

Humo
08-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Why?Getting super triggered by someone's choice of grammar and vocabulary when voicing their opinion. Then hitting out with that load of pish but at least you didn't say 'you's' aye.

Roaster.

RoYO!
08-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Great win.... but you're right.... let's bring up stuff from hours ago..

SirDavidsNapper
08-08-2017, 11:36 PM
Getting Lennon on board is starting to look very shrewd indeed.

Scott Allan Key
08-08-2017, 11:40 PM

It is indeed. Sorting out the men from the boys.

Hermit Crab
09-08-2017, 12:53 AM
Did I hear a sly dig from Lennon during his interview on the wireless saying that Saturday is a huge match against The Rangers?? :greengrin

therealgavmac
09-08-2017, 06:47 AM
They could easily do an English option on the red button or something like that.

The Welsh language channel S4C used to do that (possibly still does) when they showed football.

Yes they still do........ for football and rugby....... still only English subtitles for Pobol y Cwm though :hilarious

hughio
09-08-2017, 11:19 AM

:agree::agree:

His committment and winning mentality is there to see.

What's not to like ?

Johnny Clash
09-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Our manager has had to deal with levels of abuse that most of us will thankfully never get close to even understanding. He's had his difficult moments but has ended up all the stronger for it. Respect!
He'll no doubt deflect the moronic abuse on Saturday allowing our team to turn all that poisonous hatred pouring down from the stands into energy. Time for Heroes!

Super_JMcGinn
09-08-2017, 12:09 PM
He is slowly winning me over. Last year was pass marks but there are some very good signs. We look very much like a team and the players look a yard faster and even more determined. For about 45 minutes today after we went behind we played like we had 10 Neil Lennons on the park. Every ball was chased and we never shirked a tackle. My biggest complaint about Lennon last year was the style of play. I wasn't a Holt fan and lump after lump failed and was eye bleeding to watch. This season has been a total transformation. We still play long and early at points but instead of someone who couldn't run and someone who didn't fancy it we have Boyle, Swanson and most notably Murray belting after each pass. Between those long balls we play some nice stuff. The signing s have been very good this year after a mixed bag last year and hopefully we can keep gathering points in the league and get a couple of good cup runs. Tuesday's game could be a cracker just like todays.

After last night this is where I am. If we put in a performance at Ibrox I'll be won over completely :agree:

jacomo
09-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Why?

You give it full guns about Celtc being a vile club but post some vile abuse about Celtc fans.

Have a word with yourself.

09-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Lennons a winner through and through, whether its a meaningless pre-season friendly or a derby he will accept nothing less than a win. He's certainly not afraid to give them a shouting at and he's always very honest. After the 1-1 game at RR last season his interview afterwards absolutely went through the team, there was no sugar coating, just straight to the point which was quite refreshing to see.

We have a very good team now, the next stage is getting Lennon signed up for longer. We need some stability now and I think Lennon is the man to take us forward.

Jack Hackett
09-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Neil Lennon... Proper Manager!

SanFranHibs
09-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Neil Lennon... Proper Manager!

CathroMustStay
12-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Born winner.

Hunskelper supreme.

Made for the Hibs job.

Neil Lennon, I salute you sir. :hibees

Jim44
12-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Born winner.

Hunskelper supreme.

Made for the Hibs job.

Neil Lennon, I salue you sir. :hibees

Now is that typo 'salute' or 'value' or both?

FifeHibs
12-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Lennon - Genius

hibs#1
12-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Born winner.

Hunskelper supreme.

Made for the Hibs job.

Seconded.

CraigHibee
:agree::agree:

His committment and winning mentality is there to see.

What's not to like ?

Exactly bud, it's great to have

rcarter1
Born winner.

Hunskelper supreme.

Made for the Hibs job.

That's a 10th level Manager title If ever I saw it (Dungeons and Dragons reference... :nerd:)

BullsCloseHibs
12-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Professor Hibernian

The guy is utter utter CLASS.

hfc rd
12-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Would give him a new long term deal now!

"One Neil Lennon"!

chrisski33
12-08-2017, 04:09 PM

Jeez get a life!

sleeping giant
12-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Absolute winner.

Love this mentality

gazzag70
12-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Get him signed up on a longer deal now. He is a WINNER.

clarkstonbhoy
12-08-2017, 04:22 PM
knows how to manage big games and big players he will return Hibs back to where they belong at the top end of the Scottish Football scene

bingo70
12-08-2017, 04:25 PM
I had a few doubts last season but more than happy to be proven wrong.

What a job he's doing and what a squad he's putting together.

BullsCloseHibs
12-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Born winner.

Hunskelper supreme.

Made for the Hibs job.

Neil Lennon, I salute you sir. :hibees

Hunskelper. Lovin that 😀

southsider
12-08-2017, 04:45 PM
I was over the moon when we appointed Neil. Born winner, Put down a marker

Stevie Reid
12-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Never doubted him. Let's keep this going, what an exciting time to be a Hibbie 💚

guthrie01
12-08-2017, 05:15 PM
https://twitter.com/chris_sutton73/status/896415057327919104

What a man

hibsbollah
12-08-2017, 05:18 PM
I used to despise him as a player. I love him now as a Hibs manager. I am a shallow man easily swayed, I admit it.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-08-2017, 05:24 PM
I used to despise him as a player. I love him now as a Hibs manager. I am a shallow man easily swayed, I admit it.

:agree: I think I like him now. :greengrin

Santa Cruz
12-08-2017, 05:24 PM

What a man

Rangers fans saying he should be done for incitement :tee hee:

hibees 7062
12-08-2017, 05:28 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20708155_1498103870237408_6566519853099260678_n.jp g?oh=b38aa37ff2c546f72824dd6673626db8&oe=5A2C2AFD

Stevie Reid
12-08-2017, 05:29 PM

Hated him as a player, thought I would as a manager too, but thought he did a good job at Celtic and admired the way he spoke about his depression so openly, not to mention how he coped with things such as being sent letter bombs.

Delighted we have him. He'll give everything he has to bring success to Hibs, and I love him for it.

HibbiesandtheBaddies

What a man

And an intelligent man as well it would seem. Looks like he has developed an effective method to communicate with the indigenous wildlife.

I hope we don't lose him to the Beeb when David Attenborough hangs up his boots...

Pete
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20708155_1498103870237408_6566519853099260678_n.jp g?oh=b38aa37ff2c546f72824dd6673626db8&oe=5A2C2AFD

Is that from today?

Hope so.

hibee_girl
:agree: I think I like him now. :greengrin

:agree: I want him to stay forever! :thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
12-08-2017, 05:31 PM
That's a 10th level Manager title If ever I saw it (Dungeons and Dragons reference... :nerd:)

Neil Lennon is chaotic evil. :cb

JimBHibees
12-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Is that from today?

Hope so.

That was from a previous old firm game.

jax67
12-08-2017, 05:32 PM

Love it!! GIRUY!! GGTTH!!

hibees 7062
12-08-2017, 05:35 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20800336_109664186387356_7671274934295982977_n.jpg ?oh=ff0d05a061d2524a7ccd55b4f9f4b58a&oe=5A34EC76

Pete
12-08-2017, 05:36 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20800336_109664186387356_7671274934295982977_n.jpg ?oh=ff0d05a061d2524a7ccd55b4f9f4b58a&oe=5A34EC76

Great, that's a ban coming up. :rolleyes:

barcahibs
12-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Hated him as a player, thought I would as a manager too, but thought he did a good job at Celtic and admired the way he spoke about his depression so openly, not to mention how he coped with things such as being sent letter bombs.

Delighted we have him. He'll give everything he has to bring success to Hibs, and I love him for it.

This, totally agree. I was wrong and will happily hold my hands up about it.

I'm just a typical hypocritical, fickle football fan.

Love the guy.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Great, that's a ban coming up. :rolleyes:

For stretching out a slightly arthritic shoulder joint?

hibees 7062
12-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Is that from today?

Hope so.

Ayp :greengrin

Northernhibee
12-08-2017, 05:48 PM
:rolleyes:

No need to lower yourself Neil - you're doing more than a good enough job without lowering yourself to their level.

guthrie01
12-08-2017, 05:52 PM

No need to lower yourself Neil - you're doing more than a good enough job without lowering yourself to their level.

A little GIRUY is hardly going down to their level considering the amount of abuse he gets on a daily basis from the obsessed mob.

Well done Neil Lennon, proud of our manager today :scarf:

Stevie Reid
A little GIRUY is hardly going down to their level considering the amount of abuse he gets on a daily basis from the obsessed mob.

Well said.

CraigHibee

To be fair i'm pretty sure that throughout the 90 minutes he would be called fenian this fenian that, think he's just giving them a "get that round you" response

kdhibees1
12-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Never thought I would say it but I love the guy. A real backbone and has completely transformed us into a fearless team. Happy times:agree:

Pete
12-08-2017, 05:55 PM
To be fair i'm pretty sure that throughout the 90 minutes he would be called fenian this fenian that, think he's just giving them a "get that round you" response

Don't blame him either but you know how the grasses will get their revenge for being "cheated" today.

No doubt the SPFL disciplinary panel will agree and pander to them.

nonshinyfinish
12-08-2017, 05:56 PM

Absolutely. We're talking about a guy who's had bullets in the post.

A well-timed and well-earned GIRUY.

SanFranHibs
12-08-2017, 05:58 PM

It's our fault anyhow for turning Lennon into a 'it's gotten to me' fan.

And they will be getting more of the same when they come calling to Easter Road.

:flag::flag::flag:

IGRIGI
12-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Away with this "lowering yourself" pish, getting it right up the Huns is EXACTLY what I want from a Hibs manager.

Northernhibee
12-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Dinnae get me wrong, Lennon has done a great job so far this season of proving me wrong. I'd just rather that we had him at the touchline for every game because you know it'll be any excuse to give him a touchline ban that they can find.

hibee_girl
12-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Is he still on a suspended ban?

OxoHibby
12-08-2017, 06:01 PM

GIRFUY that is all

OxoHibby
12-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Never thought I would say it but I love the guy. A real backbone and has completely transformed us into a fearless team. Happy times:agree:

This. Wasn't a fan when he signed but converted now

allezsauzee
12-08-2017, 06:05 PM
He's mellowed a bit now :tee hee:

lord bunberry
12-08-2017, 06:07 PM
He's the messiah

IncredibleHibee
12-08-2017, 06:10 PM
He's the messiah

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Yours

Dave King

CmoantheHibs
12-08-2017, 06:13 PM
GIRFUY that is all

What an amazing photo. It epitomizes how we now feel when we go to intimidating places. Just need to keep the same attitude when we play everyone else and we are in for a special season.

jax67
12-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Away with this "lowering yourself" pish, getting it right up the Huns is EXACTLY what I want from a Hibs manager.

This!

capitals_finest
12-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Love the man.

The wish they had a manager with half the wisdom and passion that our Neil has.

davym7062
12-08-2017, 06:23 PM

this :flag::flag::flag:

bordergreen
12-08-2017, 06:30 PM
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Yours

Dave King

He's not the Messiah, he is oor Neil. Nobody dislikes the patronising Celtic fans wee cousins act that they try with us, more than me. Hopefully all the doubters in our support are convinced now. Neil Lennon is a Hibee. He is oor's. He will always be linked with the the Glasgow East End unwashed, because our media are biased towards the Glasgow Bigots. Look at his interview when we won the championship. He get's us, he loves us, we are very lucky to have him.

GGTTH

The Harp Awakes
12-08-2017, 06:31 PM
In years gone by Hibs would crumble after a good start. Lennon won't allow that to happen. He epitomises everything we've lacked for decades. We need to get him in with the bricks and make him Mr Hibs.

Thecat23
12-08-2017, 06:31 PM
The abuse he takes he has every right to give them it back and good on him. We aren't being bullied anymore by these clubs. I hope he continues to do it as well.

Well done Neil you haven't lowered to their level at all. 🇳🇬👏🏼

Slavers
12-08-2017, 06:34 PM
He is the man!

hibees 7062
12-08-2017, 07:01 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20770452_1645013252178435_6817637629755583716_n.jp g?oh=b2988dabe7f62faf7a1e8b30d3d37d78&oe=59EF7FF8

goosano
12-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Another pic

jacomo
12-08-2017, 07:09 PM

I always had an admiration for Lennon as a player.

But what impressed me about his time as Celtc manager was the way he improved. He was a rookie and seemed out of his depth at first, but worked at it and got better and better.

He's doing just great for us.

LithgaeHibby
12-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Get him a contract extension Leeann - you know it makes sense!

lord bunberry
12-08-2017, 08:16 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20770452_1645013252178435_6817637629755583716_n.jp g?oh=b2988dabe7f62faf7a1e8b30d3d37d78&oe=59EF7FF8
That's one of the greatest photos I've ever seen

capitals_finest
12-08-2017, 08:20 PM

:agree: :not worth

hibees 7062
12-08-2017, 08:21 PM

--------
12-08-2017, 08:34 PM

Is this from today's match? Because if it is I can see the SFA 'taking notice'.

It's not about 'lowering himself'. It's about not giving low-life the satisfaction of knowing they got to him. He has a lot more to lose than they have.

monteddie
13-08-2017, 12:04 AM

We were superb in the second half, my only criticism is that we didn’t put Rangers away more comfortably.”

And I love this quote!

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/neil-lennon-i-did-nothing-other-than-celebrate-a-goal-1-4530464

Hermit Crab
13-08-2017, 12:09 AM
Rangers fans saying he should be done for incitement :tee hee:

Aye just like the two or three of those cretins should when they ran on the pitch after the first goal!!!

Hermit Crab
13-08-2017, 12:10 AM
Is this from today's match? Because if it is I can see the SFA 'taking notice'.

It's not about 'lowering himself'. It's about not giving low-life the satisfaction of knowing they got to him. He has a lot more to lose than they have.

I don't think that is to be honest.

Captain Trips
13-08-2017, 12:32 AM

Indeed I can only imagine what was getting said to him from The Rangers fans around him.

Tornadoes70
13-08-2017, 12:37 AM
Indeed I can only imagine what was getting said to him from The Rangers fans around him.

Something along the lines of -

Neil you old scallywag we don't like you we never will but we respect you for the great manager you are!

Yeah right!

:wink:

Captain Trips
13-08-2017, 12:40 AM
Something along the lines of -

Neil you old scallywag we don't like you we never will but we respect you for the great manager you are!

Yeah right!

:wink:

Indeed. I think the guy whom was on the wrong end of Cantona's kung fu kick claimed to have said "off off early bath for you Mr Cantona"

Tornadoes70
13-08-2017, 12:42 AM
Indeed. I think the guy whom was on the wrong end of Cantona's kung fu kick claimed to have said "off off early bath for you Mr Cantona"

Indeed.

:not worth

gramskiwood
13-08-2017, 12:42 AM
He's not the Messiah, he is oor Neil. Nobody dislikes the patronising Celtic fans wee cousins act that they try with us, more than me. Hopefully all the doubters in our support are convinced now. Neil Lennon is a Hibee. He is oor's. He will always be linked with the the Glasgow East End unwashed, because our media are biased towards the Glasgow Bigots. Look at his interview when we won the championship. He get's us, he loves us, we are very lucky to have him.

GGTTH

Spot on

R'Albin
13-08-2017, 01:20 AM

What a ****ing man.

hibbiedon
13-08-2017, 05:52 AM
I have to be honest I did not want him as manager, I was wrong he has built a really strong squad. I have loved the way we play. He has won me over GGTTH
:not worth:flag::not worth:flag:

theonlywayisup
13-08-2017, 06:37 AM
Below taken from the Scotsman comments page - they can't take it, can they. Full scale riot for cupping your ears in front of the once famous Glasgow Rangers fans!!

Check the nice wee manager celebrating his Hivz side after scoring a goal, DOES he clap his players for their goal, NOPE Does he shout in Praise to the pitch for his players good, NOPE WELL, Does he then clap his hand above his head to celebrate his side scoring a goal, well.... NOPE. Well WHAT does Mr Lennon do then at all to celebrate his own side scoring a goal against The World Record Holders of things won...... well, he simply resorts to his 'type' and does this.... http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/120817-Rangers-v-Hibs/G0000VYX0bjnx8bA/I0000cuBb304BJvM/C00003dgdcivxA28 This fool could have CAUSED A FULL SCALE RIOT ! Move in Police Scotland !

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/five-things-we-learned-from-rangers-2-3-hibs-1-4530480

theonlywayisup
13-08-2017, 06:40 AM
I believe he could become the best Hibs manager in my time supporting Hibs.

Mowbray and Stubbs got us playing great football, but there we were too fragile at times. Lennon has us playing great football, yes largely untested against the top teams, and we seem to be more clinical.

WhileTheChief..
13-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Lennon is way out in front of Stubbs or Mowbray as far as I'm concerned. He's a proper, experienced manager.

At this moment in time there is absolutely no one I would rather have in charge and I include all the top managers in Europe in that.

Still find it hard to believe that we've got him here. Gotta get that contract extended pronto.

hibsbollah
13-08-2017, 06:54 AM
Below taken from the Scotsman comments page - they can't take it, can they. Full scale riot for cupping your ears in front of the once famous Glasgow Rangers fans!!

Check the nice wee manager celebrating his Hivz side after scoring a goal, DOES he clap his players for their goal, NOPE Does he shout in Praise to the pitch for his players good, NOPE WELL, Does he then clap his hand above his head to celebrate his side scoring a goal, well.... NOPE. Well WHAT does Mr Lennon do then at all to celebrate his own side scoring a goal against The World Record Holders of things won...... well, he simply resorts to his 'type' and does this.... http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/120817-Rangers-v-Hibs/G0000VYX0bjnx8bA/I0000cuBb304BJvM/C00003dgdcivxA28 This fool could have CAUSED A FULL SCALE RIOT ! Move in Police Scotland !

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/five-things-we-learned-from-rangers-2-3-hibs-1-4530480

'the world record holder of hings won' :faf:

Colr
13-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Was there any sectarian abuse from the crowd yesterday?

Stranraer
13-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Lennon won me over last season, I'm not one bit surprised that we won yesterday, we have a great manager in place.

capitals_finest
13-08-2017, 07:36 AM

Awwwww, poor wee Sevco fans... did the man raise his fist in the air? Quick, run along and tell on him...

Pathetic. They should be more concerned about their own management.

staunchhibby
13-08-2017, 07:44 AM
How desperate and sad is it when the assistant manager of Rangers goes running to the police to complain about Neils gesture when we have to listen to his supporters vitriolic chants.Get your own house in order before whinging.

Johnny Clash
13-08-2017, 08:49 AM
How desperate and sad is it when the assistant manager of Rangers goes running to the police to complain about Neils gesture when we have to listen to his supporters vitriolic chants.Get your own house in order before whinging.

Spot on. Lenny has to put up with verbal abuse from most of their 49,000 zoomers then gets grassed up because he exuberantly celebrates a goal in front of their main stand. Embarrassing moment for their management team I'd say. Makes them look even more weak.

hibs#1
13-08-2017, 08:53 AM

Well....it was ibrox so yes,yes there will have been.

jacomo
13-08-2017, 08:56 AM

Is the pope Catholic?

neil7908
13-08-2017, 09:05 AM
It's telling that we've gone behind in the last two games but still come back and won, scoring 3 goals in the process.

Hibs teams in years gone by would probably have wilted after going a goal down at Ibrox in the first few minutes and we'd have lost by 2-3 goals.

We'll lose games this year of course but a Lennon team will never capitulate. They'll always fight and battle. The quality and experience he's assembled in the squad is incredible. I was worried after Cummings left but the business we've done this window looks phenomenal. All that credit has to go to Lennon but also the board for backing him.

Firestarter
13-08-2017, 09:14 AM
I'm there now. Words I thought I would never say. ****ing love Neil Lennon. What a guy,and a tremendous football manager.

Jack Hackett
13-08-2017, 09:20 AM
It's telling that we've gone behind in the last two games but still come back and won, scoring 3 goals in the process.

Hibs teams in years gone by would probably have wilted after going a goal down at Ibrox in the first few minutes and we'd have lost by 2-3 goals.

We'll lose games this year of course but a Lennon team will never capitulate. They'll always fight and battle. The quality and experience he's assembled in the squad is incredible. I was worried after Cummings left but the business we've done this window looks phenomenal. All that credit has to go to Lennon but also the board for backing him.

I was out and about during the first half and fully admit to a sinking heart when I checked the score after the first 10 mins. When SuperSi equalised, I just knew we were going home with 3pts

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2017, 09:23 AM

Deflect and distract

Everyone is out to get us, no one likes us and we don't care, we are the people

Yak yak, blah blah blah

As other posters have said, with the amount of abuse Lennon will have had to put up with yesterday I think he's justified in his actions

Sadly I doubt the sfa/spfl will see it that way

Sweep sweep

Jack Hackett
13-08-2017, 09:28 AM
I think a counter charge from Neil citing the whole the rangers support for sectarian abuse and threatening behaviour would be in order

Hibee87
13-08-2017, 09:34 AM
😂😂😂😂😂😂 i never thoughr i would see such anger at a man cupping his ears. Has anyone seen facebook comments yet? Forget the result for a minute and focus on the reaction to neil lennon. You would think he picked out a child from the rangers support and gave the kid a beating foe the amount of abuse he is getting. And ill say it again. He. Cupped. His.ears. hahahahah

Corn Beef Colin
13-08-2017, 09:46 AM
The man's the epitome of a winner. All the pish he had to endure when he played and managed in the toxic west is nothing short of hideous. He seems happy and content with Hibs, and gets us as a club. There's nothing more I'd love to see than Neil Lennon lifting a cup with Hibs.

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2017, 10:02 AM
The abuse he takes he has every right to give them it back and good on him. We aren't being bullied anymore by these clubs. I hope he continues to do it as well.

Well done Neil you haven't lowered to their level at all. [emoji1184][emoji1376]Exactly this and if the GFA do decide to take any action I'm sure Hibs and LD will be ready to fight it....i don't recall any action against Laugherty for his hand salute to the septic fans last week??

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Aww poor wee rangers. Of course none of their players have ever celebrated in a manner which would upset the opposing fans?

****ing morons the lot of them. Death threats, bulitts in the post. Sectarian abuse towards everyone for 90 mins but THIS is unacceptable!? They really don't do irony.

As for Lennon. Born winner and will go on to become the best Hibs manager since the 1970s imo. The fans that "doubted him" when we were winning narrowly last season are laughable. Probably the same fans that doubted Simon Murray. We spent all but about 2 weeks top of the league last season. This season NL won't accept standards slipping. It's a rougher division nut most teams will at least try and have a go ala Partick last week and we'll pick them apart.

Something is happening down Easter Road way and **** me, this is amazing to be part of.

GGTTH

Onion
13-08-2017, 10:23 AM

And therein lies the problem. The Hun hordes can dish it out with a healthy topping of bile but instantly become angelic snowflakes when others have the temerity to stand up the them. If you read the match report in the Mail on Sunday. you would seriously have thought Hibs had supplied the referee, Jack was an innocent bystander, 3 Hibs players should have been red-carded and Lennon was evil incarnate. Those poor plucky Sevco players. fans and management team were cheated and disrespected and someone needs to punished for that. It was exactly the same on 21 May 2016.

They cannot take a beating, especially when the heat is on. The reality is they are an average side with a poor Manager, and loutish fans. There will be many more days like this for Sevco this season.

Lennon is the kind of Manager Hibs have been screaming out for. The press, Yams and Huns hate that.

Jack Hackett
13-08-2017, 10:27 AM
And therein lies the problem. The Hun hordes can dish it out with a healthy topping of bile but instantly become angelic snowflakes when others have the temerity to stand up the them. If you read the match report in the Mail on Sunday. you would seriously have thought Hibs had supplied the referee, Jack was an innocent bystander, 3 Hibs players should have been red-carded and Lennon was evil incarnate. Those poor plucky Sevco players. fans and management team were cheated and disrespected and someone needs to punished for that. It was exactly the same on 21 May 2016.

They cannot take a beating, especially when the heat is on. The reality is they are an average side with a poor Manager, and loutish fans. There will be many more days like this for Sevco this season.

Lennon is the kind of Manager Hibs have been screaming out for. The press, Yams and Huns hate that.

You can smell the fear

Johnny Clash
13-08-2017, 10:30 AM
😂😂😂😂😂😂 i never thoughr i would see such anger at a man cupping his ears. Has anyone seen facebook comments yet? Forget the result for a minute and focus on the reaction to neil lennon. You would think he picked out a child from the rangers support and gave the kid a beating foe the amount of abuse he is getting. And ill say it again. He. Cupped. His.ears. hahahahah

Aye he's meant to be intimidated and cower in front of their abusive supporters but instead he exuberantly celebrates Hibs equaliser.

Lennon the Hibee Legend!

:flag:

Onion
13-08-2017, 10:52 AM
I think a counter charge from Neil citing the whole the rangers support for sectarian abuse and threatening behaviour would be in order

"Cupping of the ears" is clear provocation and a threat to the health and welfare of 48000 ignorant, bigoted, self-entitled snowflakes. Loving it !!

southsider
13-08-2017, 10:57 AM
In years gone by Hibs would crumble after a good start. Lennon won't allow that to happen. He epitomises everything we've lacked for decades. We need to get him in with the bricks and make him Mr Hibs.

A 4 year deal a s a p Rod.

Hibbycol
13-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Deflect and distract

Everyone is out to get us, no one likes us and we don't care, we are the people

Yak yak, blah blah blah

As other posters have said, with the amount of abuse Lennon will have had to put up with yesterday I think he's justified in his actions

Sadly I doubt the sfa/spfl will see it that way

Sweep sweepSports headlines on BBC sportsound is "Pedro the donkey is to appeal the red card" big wow ! NOT the hoard of so called supporters disgusting vitriolic hounding of our manager,support,anything remotely in green, absolutely makes my green blood boil that the SFA ,SPFL, MEDIA (who sit in the press box) NEVER NEVER EVER say a squeak about this ,pull me up if anybody wants ,but they (rangers 49,000 Billy bigots) are VERMIN,not the wee minority that is always blamed for the party songs but if you call 49,000 a minority then I am missing something .[emoji34].

KWJ
13-08-2017, 11:36 AM

"Who's the fenian in the black" rang out loud and clear. Surprising it didn't endear Beaton to their ways

Hibbycol
13-08-2017, 11:41 AM
"Who's the fenian in the black" rang out loud and clear. Surprising it didn't endear Beaton to their waysBeaton and Lennon both wore black so nice veiled attack on both of them from orc hoards [emoji848]

The_Horde
13-08-2017, 11:42 AM

Just a very small minority..

That weren't singing sectarian songs.

Hi Heid Yin
13-08-2017, 12:04 PM
As a 59 year old I have seen managers come and go, including our legend, Eddie Turnbull - the benchmark in terms of putting together a machine that played beautiful football and could mix it when needed with players like Blackley, Black, Schaedler and Edwards in our ranks.
Lennon without doubt, for me, is the best manager we have had since those heady days of the early 70s.
I really do feel that we are witnessing a team that is both pleasing-on-the-eye and physically imposing - much like Lennon's Celtic side of a few years ago. The fight and controlled aggression, coupled with the quality and skill, we are seeing all over the pitch is rare and exciting. The collective belief and know-how is there for all to see - falling behind to both Partick and Sevco and going on to comfortably win. But then again did we not also fall behind to the jambos last season and comfortably dispose of them too?

Is history about to repeat itself, with a dominant and supreme Celtic clinching the championship with ourselves as runners up - think back to The Tornadoes.

For those still holding back going to Easter Road, get yourself along and be witness to a truly gifted and rare side - a side that not only Sevco and Hearts now fear, but has the whole of Scottish football sitting up and commenting on.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Yes, the usual Billy Boys ditty along with sporadic shouts of Fenian *******s aimed at Hibs fans in and around the ground.

matty_f
13-08-2017, 12:09 PM
As a 59 year old I have seen managers come and go, including our legend, Eddie Turnbull - the benchmark in terms of putting together a machine that played beautiful football and could mix it when needed with players like Blackley, Black, Schaedler and Edwards in our ranks.
Lennon without doubt, for me, is the best manager we have had since those heady days of the early 70s.
I really do feel that we are witnessing a team that is both pleasing-on-the-eye and physically imposing - much like Lennon's Celtic side of a few years ago. The fight and controlled aggression, coupled with the quality and skill, we are seeing all over the pitch is rare and exciting. The collective belief and know-how is there for all to see - falling behind to both Partick and Sevco and going on to comfortably win. But then again did we not also fall behind to the jambos last season and comfortably dispose of them too?

Is history about to repeat itself, with a dominant and supreme Celtic clinching the championship with ourselves as runners up - think back to The Tornadoes.

For those still holding back going to Easter Road, get yourself along and be witness to a truly gifted and rare side - a side that not only Sevco and Hearts now fear, but has the whole of Scottish football sitting up and commenting on.
Good post, though the Jambos never enjoyed a single minute of being a goal up against us. Their only goal was a consolation goal in the replay.

houstonhibbee
13-08-2017, 12:11 PM

I am also 59 and am thinking exactly this. Potentially it's just the start so hopefully we can keeo the momentum going for more than just one season. Murray is beginning to look More and more like an Alan Gordon

houstonhibbee
13-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Yes, the usual Billy Boys ditty along with sporadic shouts of Fenian *******s aimed at Hibs fans in and around the ground.
And "who's the fenian in the black?"

Hermit Crab
13-08-2017, 12:57 PM
And "who's the fenian in the black?"

Yes that too.

Hi Heid Yin
13-08-2017, 01:10 PM
I am also 59 and am thinking exactly this. Potentially it's just the start so hopefully we can keeo the momentum going for more than just one season. Murray is beginning to look More and more like an Alan Gordon

Ah, Alan Gordon! What a player. I agree that Murray potentially is on his way to becoming a Hibs great and talked of in the same breath as our A.G. He has made a start like no other player I can think of in my lifetime. We're only mid August and he has scored 10 goals!! Let's enjoy this team, this manager and these times while we can.

Johnny Clash
13-08-2017, 01:11 PM

Well said mate!

Hi Heid Yin
13-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Good post, though the Jambos never enjoyed a single minute of being a goal up against us. Their only goal was a consolation goal in the replay.

I agree, and oh what joy to dominate the Jambos for a sustained period and not just a one-off game. Again, I can harp back to Hibs dominating the derby in the early 70s. Then it was a given that Hibs would not be beaten by the Jambos, and that psychological edge won us many a game against them.