PDA

View Full Version : Match ratings

Navids Numpties
05-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Anyone at the game today able to tell us? Raging to have missed the first premiership as on holiday.

Wee Effen Bee
05-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Marciano - commandingly barry
Whitty - really barry
Hanlon - strollingly barry
Efe - relaxingly barry
Lewis - superfit barry
Bartman - brick****hoosly barry
Swanson - intricately barry
SJM - drivingl barry
McGoosh - totally involvingly barry
Boyler - speedily barry
Simon - proficiently barry

Subs - all contributingly barry

Coaches - ******' Barry

No negatives from me as I thought we were all pretty barry today likesay. What a squad Lennon has assembled - just as strong as you'll see anywhere in the premier bar Celtic. Hope we can kick on and really make this a season to remember. Top six finish easily if we can consistently turn in performances like today's.:flag:

The Spaceman
05-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Marciano - 6
Whittaker - 7
Hanlon - 6
Ambrose - 6
Stevenson - 6
Bartley - 7.5
Swanson - 7.5
McGinn - 8
McGeouch - 6.5
Boyle - 8
Murray - 9

Bob Box Fish
05-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Marciano was far from commanding!

RamYer1902
05-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Marciano - 6
Whittaker - 7
Ambrose - 6
Hanlon - 7
Stevenson - 6
Bartley - 7
McGinn - 8
McGeouch - 6
Boyle - 9
Swanson - 7
Murray - 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
05-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Barry.

:thumbsup:

lucky
05-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Rocky 7 spilled a shot & a couple shabby kicks but still decent

Whittaker 7 steady
Effe 6 a couple of errors and takes to many risks
Hanlon 8 solid performance
Lewis 7 usual reliable performance

Bartley 7 mixed it up well and drove forward
Dylan 6.5 gave the ball away to often early in the game
SJM 7 drove forward but picked up a silly booking
Boyle 8 did very well scored one and won the penalty

Swanson 5 did very little and was caught in possession a few times but still set up a goal

S.Murray 9 incredible energy but matched it will a good touch

Stokes, F.Murray & Vyk never really got into the game

Overall a decent start to the season

High-On-Hibs
05-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Marciano - 6 (Solid when he needed to be, but didn't have a great deal to do)
Whittaker - 7 (He's back! Still likes to bomb down the wing and make things happen. Classy finish)
Ambrose - 6 (Solid for the most part, but sometimes just has to do the simple thing)
Hanlon - 6 (Decent enough return back from injury, will offer stiff competition in that CB role)
Stevenson 6 (Typical Stevenson performance. No stand out, but assured and gets the important decisions right)
McGeouch - 7 (Always looked lively and never gave their right back any rest bite)
Bartley - 6 (Not his best performance, but not bad either by any means)
McGinn - 7 (Once again making his presence in the heart of the midfield known. Loves a meaty challenge)
Swanson - 5 (Nice set up for the goal, but caught out in possession a fair few times)
Boyle - 7 (Worked every bit as hard as Murray today and deserved his goal)
Murray - 8 (I don't like boys, but I sure like Simon Murray)

Subs:
Stokes - 5 (A few nice touches, but clearly isn't fully match fit yet)
Slivka - 5 (Not a great deal of match time to really have any notable impact)
Murray - 5 (Looks very eager to please. 5 minutes not really much time to make an influence)

Pete
05-08-2017, 06:16 PM
I think people are being very harsh dishing out all these sixes.

Nobody below a seven for me today.

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 06:16 PM
Marciano 8 A reassuring and commanding goalkeeper, but who had little to do.
Whittaker 7 classy - got up and down wing nicely, if not often.
Stevenson 8 Ever dependable - another solid performance
Hanlon 8 Solid, no messing defending
Ambrose 7 Classy but casual, with a few scarey moments
Bartley 8 Won balls he shouldn't be able to.
Boyle 7 Drifted in and out but lethal when he given space to run
McGeoch 7 Busy and always looking to thread the ball in tight spaces
Swanson 7 Busy wee performance
McGinn 9 Tenacious and a driving force - got caught up in niggly skirmishes with one of their defenders, but what a guy to have in your side
Murray (S) 10 He's a Billy Bremner on speed and utterly clinical in dispatching the ball in the back of the net - super penalty to go with his previous 7 goals!

Subs: Stokes 7 Match sharpness will come, a busy wee performance without penetration.
Murray (F) 6 A difficult game to come into and impact with so many players performing really well. Tidy wee performance
Slivka 6 Tough game to come into. Anonymous for the little time he was on the pitch

High-On-Hibs
05-08-2017, 06:20 PM
I think people are being very harsh dishing out all these sixes.

Nobody below a seven for me today.

Opinions. But I think these players still feel they have more to prove and I can see them steadily improving throughout the season.

hibee_girl
05-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Marciano 7 - kicking was a bit off today but he had a few good saves, one which he would have seen pretty late

Whittaker 8 - pretty solid, was always looking to drive us forward, good to see him scoring.
Ambrose 7 - had a few iffy moments but overall was good
Hanlon 8 - great to see him back
Stevenson 8 - didn't put a foot wrong

Bartley 8 - brilliant from him today, he really showed his strength today. I think this league will suit him
McGeough 6 - had a bad first 10 minutes, great for the rest of the 1st half, quiet in the 2nd half
McGinn 9 - was excellent today, made some beautiful passes
Swanson 7 - good performance
Boyle 8 - troubled them all game, won us the penalty

Murray 9 - thought he was brilliant, he chased things down, he won tackles you wouldn't expect him to and just generally worked hard. Very impressed with him

Wee Effen Bee
05-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Marciano was far from commanding!

...and nothing positive to add? He spilled one well-hit shot which came through a ruck of players but took 2/3 crosses convincingly. Also saved a header at the death of the first half. It always amazes me when a poster's contribution is just to throw in a negative throwaway comment. Why - just what is it they are attempting to achieve?

Bob Box Fish
05-08-2017, 06:42 PM
...and nothing positive to add? He spilled one well-hit shot which came through a ruck of players but took 2/3 crosses convincingly. Also saved a header at the death of the first half. It always amazes me when a poster's contribution is just to throw in a negative throwaway comment. Why - just what is it they are attempting to achieve?

Murray was excellent, mcginn played well and Whittaker good bombing forward. I would give pass marks to the rest with Rocky getting a 4 based on what he had to do.

hfc rd
05-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Marciano 7 - kicking was a bit off today but he had a few good saves, one which he would have seen pretty late

Whittaker 8 - pretty solid, was always looking to drive us forward, good to see him scoring.
Ambrose 7 - had a few iffy moments but overall was good
Hanlon 8 - great to see him back
Stevenson 8 - didn't put a foot wrong

Bartley 8 - brilliant from him today, he really showed his strength today. I think this league will suit him
McGeough 6 - had a bad first 10 minutes, great for the rest of the 1st half, quiet in the 2nd half
McGinn 9 - was excellent today, made some beautiful passes
Swanson 7 - good performance
Boyle 8 - troubled them all game, won us the penalty

Murray 9 - thought he was brilliant, he chased things down, he won tackles you wouldn't expect him to and just generally worked hard. Very impressed with him

Agree with this.

Stewboy
05-08-2017, 08:21 PM
First game in top flight, a win and a load of 6s handed out?

Tough school

3pm
05-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Murray was excellent, mcginn played well and Whittaker good bombing forward. I would give pass marks to the rest with Rocky getting a 4 based on what he had to do.

A 4, ha ha. Slaver.

High-On-Hibs
05-08-2017, 08:59 PM
First game in top flight, a win and a load of 6s handed out?

Tough school

Because we're Hibs? We expect to win games against Partick Thistle. I thought we played reasonably well and did enough to get the result. But I know we're capable of playing better than this as well, which we're going to have to do against the likes of Aberdeen, Celtic and even St Johnstone.

Brightside
05-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Because we're Hibs? We expect to win games against Partick Thistle. I thought we played reasonably well and did enough to get the result. But I know we're capable of playing better than this as well, which we're going to have to do against the likes of Aberdeen, Celtic and even St Johnstone.

Partick will be a top 6 club this season. Make no mistake that was a very good performance today and nobody deserved a 6.

High-On-Hibs
05-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Partick will be a top 6 club this season. Make no mistake that was a very good performance today and nobody deserved a 6.

I think it's a little early to say where teams are going to finish after 1 game into the season. :wink:

The first round of 11 games will give us a general idea of where we stand and where the rest stand.

Roxyhibee
05-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Great performance today by Hibs against a strong, organised, motivated Jags who will take a lot of points from other teams.

No one was anything like below a 7 and Simon Murray has given us a pest factor up front I haven't seen for many years. He must be a nightmare to play against.!

I know he scares people but Ambrose was class again today in my opinion. He reads a game like few others can and always wants to use the ball positively. A lot of good moves come from his feet intercepting a pass at the back and instantly turning it into attack for us. A priceless type of player to have in any team.

The biggest encouragement for me is that we know we can get a lot more out of McGeouch, Swanson and McGinn in the middle, than they showed today. Once they get into their stride, those 3 are going to be some force.

Jones28
05-08-2017, 09:20 PM

If they're in instead of hearts then it will be deserved

Hibeewilly
05-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Great performance today by Hibs against a strong, organised, motivated Jags who will take a lot of points from other teams.

No one was anything like below a 7 and Simon Murray has given us a pest factor up front I haven't seen for many years. He must be a nightmare to play against.!

I know he scares people but Ambrose was class again today in my opinion. He reads a game like few others can and always wants to use the ball positively. A lot of good moves come from his feet intercepting a pass at the back and instantly turning it into attack for us. A priceless type of player to have in any team.

The biggest encouragement for me is that we know we can get a lot more out of McGeouch, Swanson and McGinn in the middle, than they showed today. Once they get into their stride, those 3 are going to be some force.
:top marks

Cod Boy
05-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Great victory for the boys Simon Murray superb the boys work rate is superb very much appreciated by myself.

neil7908
05-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Marciano 6

Whittaker 8
Hanlon 7
Ambrose 7
Stevenson 6

McGeough 6.5
Bartley 7
McGinn 8

Boyle 8.5
Murray 8
Swanson 7

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2017, 11:02 PM
Marciano .... 6 ....... Didn't have too much to do and a couple of dodgy kicks

Whittaker .... 7 ..... was solid and won his challenges, scored too of course
Ambrose ..... 7 ..... did far more good than bad, but as usual he took a couple of risks that on another day could have been punished
Hanlon ....... 7 ....... solid steady return from him, calm and collected
Stevenson ... 7.5 .... I actually thought he had a really good game where I cant remember him putting a foot wrong

Bartley ... 7 .... here there and everywhere, lost count of the number of times he ran from one side of the pitch to the other to get involved
Swanson ...7 .... did a few good things but flitted in and out of the game a wee bit for me
McGinn .... 8 .... heavily involved and drove us forward at every opportunity, some great passes but a daft booking
McGeouch ... 7 .... a bit slack at the start, but he followed that with a super 50 minute spell where he was excellent

Boyle ... 8.5 .... was a danger throughout and he works so damned hard to cover when we aren't in possession
S. Murray ... 8.5 ... cant separate him from Boyle score wise, what energy, he just runs and runs, unlucky not to score from open play.

Subs:

Slivka ..... 4 ..... didn't get too involved but looked neat and tidy .... doesn't look 6'3" to me
Stokes .... 5 ..... tried hard and was unlucky a couple of times not to get a shot away
F Murray ... 5 ... some good closing down and even if he is inexperienced a few of our midfielders could learn from him in the way he tries to get into the box .. could have had a goal if Stokes through ball had been a wee bit better.

Neil Lennon ..... 10 ..... cant argue with a home win on the first day of the season

Apart from a tepid first 10 minutes or so where we just couldn't seem to get into the game we were the better side for the vast majority of the game, we perhaps took our foot off the gas a wee bit too much in the last 15 minutes and allowed Thistle a bit too much possession. We can get better and we will play worse teams than Thistle.

leither17
06-08-2017, 01:03 AM

Whittaker 7 steady

Swanson 5 did very little and was caught in possession a few times but still set up a goal

Only really disagree with Swanson set one up and a nice ball to Boyle to set up the penalty

SanFranHibs
06-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Marciano - commandingly barry
Whitty - really barry
Hanlon - strollingly barry
Efe - relaxingly barry
Lewis - superfit barry
Bartman - brick****hoosly barry
Swanson - intricately barry
SJM - drivingl barry
McGoosh - totally involvingly barry
Boyler - speedily barry
Simon - proficiently barry

Subs - all contributingly barry

Coaches - ******' Barry

No negatives from me as I thought we were all pretty barry today likesay. What a squad Lennon has assembled - just as strong as you'll see anywhere in the premier bar Celtic. Hope we can kick on and really make this a season to remember. Top six finish easily if we can consistently turn in performances like today's.:flag:

All is Barry? wrong team I think.

heretoday
06-08-2017, 01:17 AM
Actually, Stevenson was excellent.

He hardly put a foot wrong.

andybev1
06-08-2017, 01:29 AM
Anyone at the game today able to tell us? Raging to have missed the first premiership as on holiday.

It really is worth a fiver of your cash to see the game on hibs tv - best game I been to since the cup final easily. A great performance especially M.O.M Simon Murray and especially after losing an early goal.

overall performance 10/10

Super_JMcGinn
06-08-2017, 11:33 AM

Whittaker 7 steady

**** knows what game you watched to give Danny a 5 :confused:

After going a goal behind the whole team were excellent with standout performances from Swanson McGinn Stevenson Boyle Bartley and Murray.

supermcginn
06-08-2017, 11:58 AM
**** knows what game you watched to give Danny a 5 :confused:

After going a goal behind the whole team were excellent with standout performances from Swanson McGinn Stevenson Boyle Bartley and Murray.
I thought Danny was excellent, we look so much more dangerous with him in the team.

MyJo
06-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Marciano - 7 - a couple of iffy moments including kicking the ball out trying to get a counter-attack going and spilling a save that had to be cleared by Hanlon in the second half but overall a very sold performance, the goal conceded wasn't his fault and dealt with everything else that came his way including a good save from the partick free kick when the referee left us a man down by not making the partick player leave the pitch like Ambrose did.

Whittaker - 7 - At fault for the first goal but redeemed himself with a cracking shot for the second. Seemed to grow ino the game and got better the longer it went on, can't remember him having to do much in the way of defending but was a driving force going forward.

Ambrose - 7 - Strolled it, seemingly got a bit bored being a defender and went on a few McGinn-esque runs up the middle of the park in the second half

Hanlon - 8 - Great to see him back and absolutely bossing the game, no nonsense and absolutely rock solid at the back.

Stevenson - 7 - A bit like Whittaker in doing a lot more driving forward than he did defending but mr reliable and consistant as always.

Bartley - 8.5 - Does the dirty work in the middle of the park, disrupted Partick's flow again and again breaking down thier attacks, supporting the defence and allowing the more creative players around him to attack the opposition. Unfortunate to pick up a knock in a clash with Whittaker but its no coincidence that Bartley's substitution was the point where Partick started to get back into the game more.

McGinn - 8 - Looks like he has been hitting the weights over the summer and looks even more like an angry baby gorilla when he is running at the opposition. Isn't afraid to take anyone on and some fantastic passes from him, he is developing into a true box to box midfielder and i really hope we can keep him for at least another year.

McGeouch - 7 - Played well but spent a lot of time going backwards which was frustrating.

Swanson - 8 - outstanding performance that deserved a goal for him, links up really well with Murray and Boyle getting himself into dangerous positions and creating chances. His passion for Hibs shows and i hope he doesn't get too frustated with the lack of goals as he is trying so hard and performing so well in every other area.

Boyle - 8.5 - becoming more and more dangerous and effective with every game, his pace terrifies defenders and he absolutely roasted Callum Booth the whole game, scored 1 and won the penalty for another couldn't ask for much more and but for a certain carrot-topped colleague would have easily been man of the match. He reminds me of Ivan Sproule in all the best ways.

Murray - 9 - what a performance, i could wax lyrical about this guy for hours after watching him yesterday never stopped running, magnificent touch and control turning defenders and terrorising them constantly. Very deservedly man of the match.

Slivka - 5 - was a bit anonymous when he came on, seemed to go out wide on the right but didn't see much of the ball.

Stokes - 6 - clear to see that he isn't match sharp but played some nice stuff and his pass up the left wing while surrounded by three partick players was a thing of beauty. But for a heavy touch would have set up Fraser Murray for our fourth goal.

Murray - 5 - Not much time but made a great run into the box towards the end.

SChibs
06-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Marciano - 7 - a couple of iffy moments including kicking the ball out trying to get a counter-attack going and spilling a save that had to be cleared by Hanlon in the second half but overall a very sold performance, the goal conceded wasn't his fault and dealt with everything else that came his way including a good save from the partick free kick when the referee left us a man down by not making the partick player leave the pitch like Ambrose did.

Whittaker - 7 - At fault for the first goal but redeemed himself with a cracking shot for the second. Seemed to grow ino the game and got better the longer it went on, can't remember him having to do much in the way of defending but was a driving force going forward.

Ambrose - 7 - Strolled it, seemingly got a bit bored being a defender and went on a few McGinn-esque runs up the middle of the park in the second half

Hanlon - 8 - Great to see him back and absolutely bossing the game, no nonsense and absolutely rock solid at the back.

Stevenson - 7 - A bit like Whittaker in doing a lot more driving forward than he did defending but mr reliable and consistant as always.

Bartley - 8.5 - Does the dirty work in the middle of the park, disrupted Partick's flow again and again breaking down thier attacks, supporting the defence and allowing the more creative players around him to attack the opposition. Unfortunate to pick up a knock in a clash with Whittaker but its no coincidence that Bartley's substitution was the point where Partick started to get back into the game more.

McGinn - 8 - Looks like he has been hitting the weights over the summer and looks even more like an angry baby gorilla when he is running at the opposition. Isn't afraid to take anyone on and some fantastic passes from him, he is developing into a true box to box midfielder and i really hope we can keep him for at least another year.

McGeouch - 7 - Played well but spent a lot of time going backwards which was frustrating.

Swanson - 8 - outstanding performance that deserved a goal for him, links up really well with Murray and Boyle getting himself into dangerous positions and creating chances. His passion for Hibs shows and i hope he doesn't get too frustated with the lack of goals as he is trying so hard and performing so well in every other area.

Boyle - 8.5 - becoming more and more dangerous and effective with every game, his pace terrifies defenders and he absolutely roasted Callum Booth the whole game, scored 1 and won the penalty for another couldn't ask for much more and but for a certain carrot-topped colleague would have easily been man of the match. He reminds me of Ivan Sproule in all the best ways.

Murray - 9 - what a performance, i could wax lyrical about this guy for hours after watching him yesterday never stopped running, magnificent touch and control turning defenders and terrorising them constantly. Very deservedly man of the match.

Vliskas - 5 - was a bit anonymous when he came on, seemed to go out wide on the right but didn't see much of the ball.

Stokes - 6 - clear to see that he isn't match sharp but played some nice stuff and his pass up the left wing while surrounded by three partick players was a thing of beauty. But for a heavy touch would have set up Fraser Murray for our fourth goal.

I think ambrose was at fault for the goal, he took a chance by stepping out to intercept the pass but the ball was played on the other side of the player so he just turned him. And the injured Partick player didn't have to go off cauae efe got a yellow card. Apart from that I wholly agree with your ratings

MyJo
06-08-2017, 01:25 PM
I think ambrose was at fault for the goal, he took a chance by stepping out to intercept the pass but the ball was played on the other side of the player so he just turned him. And the injured Partick player didn't have to go off cauae efe got a yellow card. Apart from that I wholly agree with your ratings

didn't realise that, i thought any player getting treatment on the pitch had to leave and be brought back on by the ref.....i was raging when the partick player just got up and walked into the box while Efe was standing waiting to come back on :faf:

SChibs
06-08-2017, 01:34 PM
didn't realise that, i thought any player getting treatment on the pitch had to leave and be brought back on by the ref.....i was raging when the partick player just got up and walked into the box while Efe was standing waiting to come back on :faf:

Aye it was introduced last season I think, but not sure why the ref couldn't have just waved him back on after the Partick player got up cauae efe was ready by then. Not too clued up on it I just know if the player is cautioned the I injured player can be treated on the pitch

SRHibs
06-08-2017, 01:40 PM

Vliskas - 5 - was a bit anonymous when he came on, seemed to go out wide on the right but didn't see much of the ball.

"It's got a V and an S in it, Vliskas will do."

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Ratings threads are bogging. Where is Jonnyboy? I thought he had been tasked with the weekly assessment thread. Much more entertaining than bickering about sixes and sevens. Putting random numbered ratings against works of art is so blasé. :cb

hibee_girl
06-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Ratings threads are bogging. Where is Jonnyboy? I thought he had been tasked with the weekly assessment thread. Much more entertaining than bickering about sixes and sevens. Putting random numbered ratings against works of art is so blasé. :cb

Jonnyboy's thread is here - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?323546-This-is-how-it-feels-(Partick-5-August)

Nothing to say there can't be a match ratings thread too.

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Aye it was introduced last season I think, but not sure why the ref couldn't have just waved him back on after the Partick player got up cauae efe was ready by then. Not too clued up on it I just know if the player is cautioned the I injured player can be treated on the pitch

There is nothing more annoying than a player ready to come back on and the ref allows the next passage of play to take place before waving him on, even though he must know the guy is ready. Yesterday the ref ignored Ambrose and allowed Partick to play the free kick into the box with one of our central defenders missing ...... Is this an actual policy from UEFA / FIFA or is it just refs being bumholes ... it seems as if the policy is to punish a player for having to go off injured.

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Jonnyboy's thread is here - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?323546-This-is-how-it-feels-(Partick-5-August)

Nothing to say there can't be a match ratings thread too.

Thanks. Missed it. The ratings numbers stuff is awful. I give them all 1 out of 1 myself.

MyJo
06-08-2017, 01:52 PM
"It's got a V and an S in it, Vliskas will do."

:hilarious i didn't even notice i had done that, im getting confused between his first and last names and just mashing them together......i'm just going to call him Bob from now on

KWJ
06-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Marciano - 7

Lewis - 8 - great in possession and lovely touches
Hanlon - 8 - Absolutely strolled it with a sauzeeesque switch of play or 2. Our best CH.
Ambrose - 6 - Well involved winning some big headers and tackles but lost it a few times and at fault for goal.
Whitty - 8 - Very good and goal.

Bartley - 7
McGeouch - 7 - grew into game
McGinn - 8 - Ran the game.

Swanson - 7 - Ups and downs but key in 2 goals.
Boyle - 9 - Brilliant.
Murray - 9 - Brilliant

Hibs90
06-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Marciano - 7
Whittaker - 7
Hanlon - 7
Ambrose - 6
Stevenson - 7
Bartley - 7
Swanson - 6.5
McGinn - 7.5
McGeouch - 6.5
Boyle - 8
Murray - 9

Nicho87
06-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Efe has to cut out the dribbles from the back if that continues teams will target him. Got dispossessed to often

The Spaceman
06-08-2017, 03:46 PM
I thought Danny was excellent, we look so much more dangerous with him in the team.

Agree 100%. Classy player...Swanson, McGinn and McGeouch is an embarrassingly good midfield for creativity to feed players like Murray, Stokes and Boyle. Thought Swanson was great yesterday and the final piece of our starting midfield jigsaw :aok:

Pedantic_Hibee
06-08-2017, 04:11 PM
"Angry baby gorilla" 😂😂