PDA

View Full Version : Simon Murray (merged threads)

steelendhibs
05-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Not knocking Jason Cummings at all as he was brilliant for us in scoring the goals to get us up and is forever a Scottish cup winning legend, but what a great thing it is to have a striker who chases lost causes and harassing defenders. He will make things happen out of nothing. Terrific start from the lad!!

Hibbycol
05-08-2017, 04:51 PM
A lot off hibbys didn't fancy him when he was signed but the laddy has answered that on the park by scoring goals and working his bahooky off running for every ball and HE IS the type of player that I love in a hibernian shirt, sweat blood and snotters every game . All power to him

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Stewboy
05-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Has he stopped running yet?

Pedantic_Hibee
05-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Girls don't like boys,
Girls like Simon Murray!!! 💚💚

LReilly95
05-08-2017, 04:55 PM
A lot off hibbys didn't fancy him when he was signed but the laddy has answered that on the park by scoring goals and working his bahooky off running for every ball and HE IS the type of player that I love in a hibernian shirt, sweat blood and snotters every game . All power to him

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

As the saying goes, snot doesn't show on a Hibs jersey

lord bunberry
05-08-2017, 05:02 PM
I loved Jason Cummings, but Simon Murray is a different type of player. He probably won't score as many, but he is such a trier and he can back that up with goals and assists.
He could turn out to be one of the best signings we've ever made.

Brightside
05-08-2017, 05:03 PM
He brings much more to the team than JC did. In a 451 set up he is almost the perfect striker.

Mantis Toboggan
05-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Unbelievable work rate and fitness. Won so many balls he had no right to.

lord bunberry
05-08-2017, 05:05 PM
He brings much more to the team than JC did. In a 451 set up he is almost the perfect striker.

Him up front with stokes is the perfect partnership. Murray will run all day and Stokes will smash them in.

Girls don't like boys girls like Simon Murray.

Tricla
05-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Ginger Suarez. Runs all day and scores.

Bob Box Fish
05-08-2017, 05:13 PM
100% effort

05-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Had a lot of doubters but i'm delighted to say that so far he is proving them wrong. Creates a lot more than Cummings IMO, makes runs, creates space and is a constant hassle for defenders, he chased down everything today.

Well done Simon, your fast becoming a favourite of mine :flag:

makaveli1875
05-08-2017, 05:14 PM
after the united playoffs il admit i thought he was pretty pish . He looks like a different player for us though .. im warming to him :greengrin

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Settled in to his Hibs career perfectly so far and deserved his goal.

Some wrote him off before he even kicked a ball and now some are saying he offers more than JC. Let's just enjoy his performances. Hopefully a sign off things to come. Superb today

ancient hibee
05-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Doubt Lennon will play two up front.

Canon Hannan
05-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Good player with good touch and fantastic attitude. He hit the post too!

The_Todd
05-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Girls don't like boys, girls like Simon Murray.

And I think a fair few of the boys like him too...

Pete
05-08-2017, 05:21 PM
So much effort. Great signing.

High-On-Hibs
05-08-2017, 05:21 PM
People writing him off on goals, but I can see him scoring 20+ this season quite easily. Looks likely to score in every game he plays.

Col2
05-08-2017, 05:24 PM
First time I have seen him playing for hibs and he is a player.

Endless energy, causes mistakes in defence, scores goal (8 and it's 5th Aug !). Has strength and pace. Has all the tools but will still be learning the game and important for consistency. Brilliant start though!

WestEndHibee
05-08-2017, 05:25 PM
I loved Jason Cummings, but Simon Murray is a different type of player. He probably won't score as many, but he is such a trier and he can back that up with goals and assists.
He could turn out to be one of the best signings we've ever made.

Agree he's a totally different type of player but, with 8 goals just 5 days into August, he'll struggle not to score as many as Jason!

AgentDaleCooper
05-08-2017, 05:26 PM
He has a fair bit of technique as well. Could go on to be a very complete player.

Hiber-nation
05-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Just the type of player we were needing. Immense today :thumbsup:

gaz1875
05-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Superb today, hopefully he hasn't picked up an injury just before he was subbed, after his trade mark running the defender down. Keep it going SM :top marks

sean04
05-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Great shift and a far better player than I fought he was. Really brilliant to see him closing down defenders and the keeper

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Great performance, keep it going Simon.

Lago
05-08-2017, 05:49 PM
People writing him off on goals, but I can see him scoring 20+ this season quite easily. Looks likely to score in every game he plays.
Correct.

Bob Box Fish
05-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Has he not surpassed grant holts record already ? 😜

lord bunberry
05-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Agree he's a totally different type of player but, with 8 goals just 5 days into August, he'll struggle not to score as many as Jason!

I hope he scores double what Jason scored. He's already my favourite player ever.

The Spaceman
05-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Huge fan of Simon Murray already.

Fantastic attitude, fast, strong, plays off the shoulder, works himself into good positions and is always wanting the ball. Quite a tidy player as well. He isn't a natural finisher from what I've seen/maybe lacks composure when he is given too long to think about it...but he more than makes up for that elsewhere.

Don't think we should expect too much of him/put pressure on him, but does look like real gem of a signing.

col02
05-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Work rate allows us to play an extra man in midfield. Cult hero in the making!

CorrieHibs
05-08-2017, 05:54 PM
He had his critics when he signed but I liked the look of him when I saw him in the play offs and I think he was immense today.

Lennon will defo make him an even better player, like he has Boyle.

Moody Blues
05-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Thought he worked his socks off and I really enjoyed watching him. Keep it up Simon and well done.

hibee_girl
05-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Today was the first time I'd seen him play as I missed all the cup games, very impressed with him.

Wasn't too bothered about us signing him tbh but he's going to prove a lot of people wrong if he continues to play like that. Really like him :thumbsup:

BIGK
05-08-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm one of his doubters, watched a few United games on the telly last year and wasn't impressed. You couldn't fault his effort but his first touch and his greed with the ball around the box didn't impress. The player I watched today is like a different man. I agree that he might not get the same amount of goals as Cummings but his link up play and chasing will create those goals for others.8/10:aok:

cabbageandribs1875
05-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Super Si will score @ bigotbrox next week with a diving header

Hibernia&Alba
05-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Huge fan of Simon Murray already.

Fantastic attitude, fast, strong, plays off the shoulder, works himself into good positions and is always wanting the ball. Quite a tidy player as well. He isn't a natural finisher from what I've seen/maybe lacks composure when he is given too long to think about it...but he more than makes up for that elsewhere.

Don't think we should expect too much of him/put pressure on him, but does look like real gem of a signing.

:agree:

If he plays like this every game, we can be very happy.

brog
05-08-2017, 06:29 PM
I posted when he signed that he reminded me of a raw Colin Stein. Today he was just like Stein in his early seasons, chasing everything, great attitude & the confidence to take an excellent pen, watch him give the keeper the eyes. Great stuff Simon!

scooby
05-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Could turn out to be our best signing this window. A very clever player who plays the blind side of defenders perfectly. Thoroughly deserved MOM today, never stopped running.

RossScott1991
05-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Absolutely tremendous. After losing our top goalscorer, we look more dangerous and better going forward than before. Footballs a funny old game eh? He's our Jamie vardy, came from lower leagues late. Unbelievable today. He's the type of player you just know absolutely loves playing for us and grateful he's at a club like hibs. He will become a fan favourite. Even when he has a poor game he will still make things happen and force mistakes due to his effort. Well done Simon.

lord bunberry
05-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Girls don't like boys.......

theonlywayisup
05-08-2017, 06:35 PM
It just shows that NL has an eye for a good player. He signed many relatively unknown players and they usually turned out to be good quality or better.

Simon Murray has the potential to go far in the game, if he keeps up the workrate and awareness of space. He also seems to be comfortable on the ball, unlike Kenny (second touch is a tackle) Miller (from his early days with Hibs/Rangers).

Jack Hackett
05-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Absolutely everything said on the thread... +1

Just watched the Alba full game, and was really really impressed... a terrier!

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 06:37 PM
He has already gripped my imagination and caught my attention. Billy Bremner on speed, but more lethal in the box.
The type of player that every manager wants in their side.
Well done Neil Lennon for spotting this red-haired dynamo.
In fact, Murray aside, Hibs simply oozed quality and class all over the pitch today. This season promises to be a special one for our club and for we fans.

emerald green
05-08-2017, 06:44 PM
I really like Simon Murray's attitude. If he continues to work hard he will score lots of goals for Hibs.

Dunfyhibee
05-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Great performance again, hold up play was the best I've seen from him and work rate is second to none. The amount of times he nearly nicks the balk or forces defenders into playing poor passes is tremendous. Big test for him next week.

Jonnyboy
05-08-2017, 07:09 PM
I posted when he signed that he reminded me of a raw Colin Stein. Today he was just like Stein in his early seasons, chasing everything, great attitude & the confidence to take an excellent pen, watch him give the keeper the eyes. Great stuff Simon!

Just as long as Sevco don't try and sign him, B :greengrin

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 07:25 PM
His Dad Gary will be proud and deservedly so.

RyeSloan
05-08-2017, 07:26 PM
On today's performance he has soo much more than just his tremendous work rate and effort.

His hold up play, linking with players and touch were first class..a real man of the match performance.

Will be interesting to see if he can keep that level up all season, if he does then boy have we signed a player and a half!

And he's already got his own song [emoji12]

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-08-2017, 07:27 PM
First time I've really seen him this season and thought he was tremendous. Not just goals, his overall play and awareness was top notch.

BT58
05-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Simon Murray could be a HUGE player for us this season. His pace is awesome, he nearly caught out their goalie. Hopefully NL will play him up top against the huns next week
Today we played 4-3-3 ( i think). But SM could do the lone striker role and bring others in. Exciting times ahead
B

hfc rd
05-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Love this guy. He has completely proven me wrong and looks a fantastic signing. Hope he keeps this up as he's done brilliant thus far. Magnificent today!

Famous Fiver
05-08-2017, 08:23 PM
Simon Murray (unheralded and doubted by many on here as a worthless signing) - 8 goals

Laugherty ' I signed for the biggest team in Edinburgh and we will go to Parkhead and beat Celtic.' Subbed before he got sent off, gives the finger to the crowd on the way off - 4 goals

I rest my case m'lud.

jacomo
05-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Simon Murray could be a HUGE player for us this season. His pace is awesome, he nearly caught out their goalie. Hopefully NL will play him up top against the huns next week
Today we played 4-3-3 ( i think). But SM could do the lone striker role and bring others in. Exciting times ahead
B

Stokes was nominally wide left at Celtc under Lenny. Swanson can play there but drift.

I think we might see this a lot this season, where one or either of them is given a bit of a free role. We have both SM and big Davy as the focal point of the attack.

The options up front are looking good because we have a number of players all with different qualities.

hfc rd
05-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Simon Murray (unheralded and doubted by many on here as a worthless signing) - 8 goals

Laugherty ' I signed for the biggest team in Edinburgh and we will go to Parkhead and beat Celtic.' Subbed before he got sent off, gives the finger to the crowd on the way off - 4 goals

I rest my case m'lud.

Didn't see their game but if he really did that then I can see a big fine and a match ban or two handed out to Laugherty.

greenlex
05-08-2017, 09:34 PM
I'm fairly sure Murray gets the final touch at the second goal.

Keyser Sauzee
05-08-2017, 09:35 PM
He's won me over, I was not a fan at all when he was at Utd but I feel very different now! I think we were at our best today when we were 4-5-1/4-3-3 and I'm not sure how we will line up striker wise. I know stokes can play wide but I doubt he will have came her to play there and believe he will want to be the main man. Murray himself has said that he is not at his best wide and would rather play thru the middle so it's a bit of a headache as I'm not sure 4-4-2 is our best system.

Jones28
05-08-2017, 09:47 PM
When I saw him for United I thought he was a bit of a headless chicken I take that back in its entirety; fantastic energy, good technique and endeavour that will last beyond the 90 minutes.

Jason Cummings was a great player for us but I think Murray will be every bit as good, if in a different way.

Big L
05-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Doubt Lennon will play two up front.

That's a big worry for me, I liked what I seen of him last year and I said on here we should go for him. Their is an intensity to his game you don't see a lot, he chases and fights for every ball, he's pacey, takes up good positions and he's proved he knows where the goals are. I hope he can form a partnership with Stokesy but it's a worry that he doesn't. It didn't work out that we'll wi Stokesy and JC. I would have thought Lenny might leave Murray thru the middle and play Stokesy left channel, I think that's his best position as we seen in the cup final. The problems of having quality players eh!

heretoday
05-08-2017, 10:05 PM
There was a chance at the post late on and he took no time in having a dab. The keeper managed to get it away via the post.

He's a real centre forward.

Thecat23
05-08-2017, 10:07 PM
He will finish top scorer. He's a worker and a nightmare for defenders! Imagine Hughes and Berra with him and Boyle and also Stokes. Their @rseholes will have there own heartbeat going into that game.

DTS
05-08-2017, 10:11 PM
Think everyone who criticised the signing was basing it on his role in the United team, he's relashing the role of the penalty box striker although his all round game is also very good. He's getting better as each game passes as well his touch is better than it was against county and he seems to be able to run himself into the ground as he'll be holding the ball up one minute then on the end of the cross in the box

GreenLake
05-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Can't wait to see him in a derby.

monktonharp
05-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Unbelievable work rate and fitness. Won so many balls he had no right to.this

monktonharp
05-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Can't wait to see him in a derby.this could be the classic boy turns to man. he's made for that game.:wink:

heretoday
05-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Murray is not the skinny chap I thought he was. He's actually quite powerful. He is a real centre forward.

calumhibee1
05-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Murray is not the skinny chap I thought he was. He's actually quite powerful. He is a real centre forward.

The ginger drogba.

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2017, 11:07 PM
The ginger drogba.

I like it!

banchoryhibs
05-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Has he stopped running yet?

Kept on running whem he was being subbed. Just when you need him to walk at funeral pace😁😁
He will be a player for us, excellent signing

Borderhibbie76
05-08-2017, 11:20 PM
He will finish top scorer. He's a worker and a nightmare for defenders! Imagine Hughes and Berra with him and Boyle and also Stokes. Their @rseholes will have there own heartbeat going into that game.Aww TC that made me PMSL 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

147lothian
05-08-2017, 11:28 PM
What a f ing signing, I see this lad as an upgrade on Cummings (no disrespect meant) I also see Stokes as an upgrade but he may need to be given a bit time to get his match sharpness, its going a very interesting season

HFC_NYC
05-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Hands up, I was unconvinced, but he is quickly becoming my favorite player.

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2017, 11:55 PM
The ginger ninja looks more than an adequate replacement for Jason C.

heretoday
06-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Simon is a real centre forward whereas Jason used to run about like a blue-ersed fly.

Johnny Clash
06-08-2017, 12:02 AM
A guy I work with is a dour Utd supporter and said at the time we had signed their best player with loads more potential. Looks like he was right.

Check out the way he runs up to take the penalty then confidently fires it in. Excellent technique.

truehibernian
06-08-2017, 12:03 AM
The ginger ninja looks more than an adequate replacement for Jason C.

Started a thread a few weeks ago DBS after his initial Hibs TV interview. The lad is so happy to be here and seems to absolutely love the club from the minute he's walked in the door.

For that reason alone he won me over immediately and he looks like a player who will bust a gut regardless of whether he's on his game or not.

The chasing down he did today was silly (in a good way). He won't score the type of goals Jason did (as in variety). But he'll be our McCoist or Robbo - loved the fact he recently admitted he was changing his approach to games after listening to Lennon's advice - stay in the box or near to the box and don't do the needless running he did at United. Good coaching, good application by the player :aok: Providing a great early return. Love him :agree:

Liberal Hibby
06-08-2017, 12:10 AM
He's a proper back to the goal centre forward. And we looked a worse team when he went off.

Captain Trips
06-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Simon Murray will give us nothing less than 100%. You just get that vibe from him that he is going to give everything for the cause.

Forza Fred
06-08-2017, 12:34 AM
He must be a nightmare for opposition defenders.

So enthusiastic and an absolute pest!

His style will result in more than a few goals.

Thought he was outstanding today.

18Hibee75
06-08-2017, 01:43 AM
Jason who? Watched Murray in an interview a couple weeks back and remember him saying "you can't score every game, but the very least you can do is give 100% for the fans and team mates, and try and help someone else score if you cant" the type of attitude that was lacking with Cummings and watching Murray today, he certainly gives 110%.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Robinho08
06-08-2017, 05:29 AM
To think the Dundee Utd fans didn't rate him. Lennon quite rightly obviously rated him. He'll only get better imo.

greenlex
06-08-2017, 07:00 AM
He's more Griffiths than Cummings. We've won a watch.

lucky
06-08-2017, 07:04 AM
If he continues to play like he's started he's only here for 1 season as English clubs will be after him big time

Onceinawhile
06-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Gives 100%, got a goal and only a really good save denied him a second.

First time I've seen him and I was impressed. He'll not give any defences an easy game. That's a certainty.

brog
06-08-2017, 07:09 AM
Its quite right to praise Simon, I'm a big fan, but let's not use it as an excuse to knock JC. As posters have said they're very different players but they can be equally effective. JC made a huge contribution to us enjoying the greatest day of our footballing lives. Let's remember him with affection, not denigration.

RoYO!
06-08-2017, 07:33 AM
A couple of points I noticed- there was a point, probably 15-20 mins in where SM looks for SJM to play him through. SJM takes the shot from 20 yards which sails harmlessly by. SM applauds for the effort. SJM doesn't notice and SM applauds again. No diva moan, just support.

With his back to goal when in line with the defence he constantly sprints to receive ball into feet from the midfield. He wants the ball desperately and this effort gives him a fraction more time than if he were to wait to receive. His touch, hold up play, distribution, work rate, were all phenomenal.

HibsNutter
06-08-2017, 07:38 AM
We would not have won the Scottish Cup or the Championship without JC. Yet for some weird reason people want to have a go at him all the time. Weird. Not necessarily this post.

Hopefully when Murray leaves us we can say he's played a part in as much success.

bigwheel
06-08-2017, 07:58 AM
Cummings and Murray are quite different players....delighted with Murray's start - looks like he will be a great addition..Cummings goal scoring stats for us are what dream are made of - if anyone gets near his three seasons of over 20 goals in coming years , I'll be surprised...he was an outstanding contributor of us .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GreenArmy1875
06-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Love his passion when we score. Genuinely looks delighted

jacomo
06-08-2017, 09:38 AM
He's more Griffiths than Cummings. We've won a watch.

:agree:

Not having a go at JC here. He did great for us.

But SM plays a similar role to Leigh - a non stop pest always on the shoulder of the opposing defenders.

calumhibee1
06-08-2017, 09:40 AM
We would not have won the Scottish Cup or the Championship without JC. Yet for some weird reason people want to have a go at him all the time. Weird. Not necessarily this post.

Hopefully when Murray leaves us we can say he's played a part in as much success.

Yup. Murray may well offer more than Cummings, who knows. But Cummings was a great servant for us in what was a successful period for the club.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Simon is a real centre forward whereas Jason used to run about like a blue-ersed fly.

I don't really like criticism of JC, still a young lad, and did fantastic for Hibs. Scored all sorts of goals for us.
I've loved Murray's start for us, very impressive so far

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Cummings is now a Nottingham Forrest player so whether Simon Murray is a carbon copy or the complete opposite makes no odds.

lapsedhibee
06-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Cummings is now a Nottingham Forrest player so whether Simon Murray is a carbon copy or the complete opposite makes no odds.

Hibs players should never be compared to players of other clubs? Here was me thinking that Rocky's a better goalie than Hamilton, but I know better now. :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
06-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Excellent player .... loved his slide into the box to try and get the ball off cerny....total commitment. I also liked when he was trying to fire up the team before kick-off

HFCdeb
06-08-2017, 11:15 AM
I remember he changed the game when he came on against us at Tannadice in December last year. I said then that I hope we were planning on signing him as a replacement for Cummings.
Seen a few cup games and yesterday and he's done nothing but give 100% and score a fair few, too. Great signing and I'm delighted he's proving the doubters wrong.
18 goals in the shannest of shan Dundee Utd teams speaks for itself.

06-08-2017, 11:20 AM
I don't really like criticism of JC, still a young lad, and did fantastic for Hibs. Scored all sorts of goals for us.
I've loved Murray's start for us, very impressive so far

Different types of player IMO. Although he's got off to a fantastic start, I don't think Murray over the course of the season will get as many goals as Cummings did, however, Murray offers a lot of others things that JC didn't. Murray chases down everything, makes runs and creates space. Will be really interesting to see how he partners with Stokes.

No critisism for JC from me at all, his goals were vital from us and he played a huge role in us winning the SC and gaining promotion.

Baker9
06-08-2017, 11:29 AM

That's a great shout, his likeness to Colin Stein. Anytime now The Rangers will come sniffing around :greengrin

Aldo
06-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Lennon praised JC however he did comment that he thought SM all round game and link up play was superb and he had a game to be proud of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-08-2017, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=lapsedhibee;5132417]Hibs players should never be compared to players of other clubs? Here was me thinking that Rocky's a better goalie than Hamilton, but I know better now.

I have not got a clue what that means but if you have ticked your own box then that's fine. Point that I was making was that if Murray gets 20 plus goals this season how many of them will be down to favourable comparisons with ex players?

RossScott1991
06-08-2017, 12:06 PM
They are completely different players and both have things that i love. It is unfair to compare the two. Cummings was less running, but just knew where the goal was and could score a free kick etc. Murray stretches defences and game is based on work-rate making things happen. However i thought he showed some brilliant touches and hold up play also yesterday. Very impressed.

People need to stop using Murray as a chance to have a pop at JC, he's a legend and was part of successful period in clubs history. The goals he scored in scottish cup against Hearts will never be forgotten.

Also on other hand to support our current striker folk need to stop saying ''He won't score as many as JC'' - this is also unfair as Murray is going to be part of a hibs team that goes to places like celtic park etc weekly. He's playing in top league. Truth is we will never know how many JC would have scored in a full premiership season.

Murray has 8 goals in 5 games. Now those are stats I can get on board with.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-08-2017, 12:16 PM
They are completely different players and both have things that i love. It is unfair to compare the two. Cummings was less running, but just knew where the goal was and could score a free kick etc. Murray stretches defences and game is based on work-rate making things happen. However i thought he showed some brilliant touches and hold up play also yesterday. Very impressed.

People need to stop using Murray as a chance to have a pop at JC, he's a legend and was part of successful period in clubs history. The goals he scored in scottish cup against Hearts will never be forgotten.

Also on other hand to support our current striker folk need to stop saying ''He won't score as many as JC'' - this is also unfair as Murray is going to be part of a hibs team that goes to places like celtic park etc weekly. He's playing in top league. Truth is we will never know how many JC would have scored in a full premiership season.

Murray has 8 goals in 5 games. Now those are stats I can get on board with.

Well said, couldnt agree more.

MyJo
06-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Some of his control and touches yesterday were magnificent, turning defenders, endless running and never giving them a minutes rest.

I can't wait until Stokes is back up to speed and to see us playing 4-3-3 with Murray, Stokes and Boyle up front

lapsedhibee
06-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Point that I was making was that if Murray gets 20 plus goals this season how many of them will be down to favourable comparisons with ex players?
Four or five, I'd say.

Borderhibbie76
06-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Its quite right to praise Simon, I'm a big fan, but let's not use it as an excuse to knock JC. As posters have said they're very different players but they can be equally effective. JC made a huge contribution to us enjoying the greatest day of our footballing lives. Let's remember him with affection, not denigration.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]JC is and always will be a Hibee cup legend and got us up with his goals

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2017, 01:20 PM
JC is a Scottish cup legend, and will be welcome back at the club anytime he wishes to return.

I can't quite get my head around why we are not allowed to compare him against Murray though?

The movement we have now up top is light years away from what we had last season, and will only get better.

We have got away from lumping the ball up to an immobile Grant Holt, we now have pace, movement and more quality in Murray.

Quite where big Dave and Stokesy will fit in I don't know, but it's a great problem to have. :top marks