PDA

View Full Version : Well done singing section!

18Hibee75
05-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Was sitting in singing section today and the since 1875 really made a great atmosphere and were well organised. Boy with the megaphone never stopped singing and getting behind the team even at 1-0 down. Looking forward to the derbies and the games against old firm in there.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

frazeHFC
05-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Drummer boy JM 10/10

vein
05-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Could hear them up in willowbrae when I was at my mums earlier, sounded brilliant

Mr Grieves
05-08-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm in the FF lower and they made a hell of a racket.

lord bunberry
05-08-2017, 04:33 PM
I was in the south and they were barely audible. I could hear the drum. What I liked though was that the songs spread around the ground after they were started in the singing section. I reckon that in big games it will be brilliant.

Bishop Hibee
05-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Hmmm. I didn't think the atmosphere was as good as if they'd remained in the East. It was like there were two competing sections. That and Thistle's goal were the only down sides to a great start to the season.

Bob Box Fish
05-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Was better when it was in the east.

SirDavidsNapper
05-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Very quiet from the south

Ozyhibby
05-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Thought it worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
05-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Well done everyone.

I liked it - loved the banner before and think it will be good with kind of competition with the East Stand. Hopefully have some songs which can be sung between the two (back and forth etc).

Bigger games will take of themselves but good to have noise in other stands.

Ideally for me still a full lower tier or higher tier begind the goals you would be onto a winner.

HTD1875
05-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Thought it was good, got to remember that was partick thistle at home. The east stand towards the famous 5 will hopefully join in more and it will spread right across the east.

cleanyman
05-08-2017, 04:45 PM
I didn't like it. They made a good noise but I could barely see them from the East. Why are they camped in the corner ?

DH1875
05-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Well done everyone.

I liked it - loved the banner before and think it will be good with kind of competition with the East Stand.

Bigger games will take of themselves but good to have noise in other stands.

Ideally for me still a full lower tier or higher tier begind the goals you would be onto a winner.

I still think that they should have moved to the lower tier from the east not the upper.

GreenCastle
05-08-2017, 04:48 PM
I still think that they should have moved to the lower tier from the east not the upper.

Middle of the North in upper or ideally lower would have been good.

But hard to move families etc plus that corner had more empty seats.

SRHibs
05-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Thought the east was still the better singing section. Now we're just down one drummer!

Brightside
05-08-2017, 05:01 PM
Sitting in the west and i heard more coming from the old sec43 tbh. Im not sure it works up there in the corner.

Hibby70
05-08-2017, 05:08 PM
The drum gets used too much in my opinion. All you could hear at times was just the drum and not the singing.

thebakerboy
05-08-2017, 05:09 PM
As someone who has sat in the FF upper for several years I was concerned about how this would affect my enjoyment at a game but have to say it was quite loud but was not overpowering.

The_Todd
05-08-2017, 05:09 PM
From Sect44 all I could really hear from the Singing section was the drum tbh. The banner was ace and top marks for effort but I really think putting them there was a mistake. Also traditional singers who aren't part of an organised group still appeared to be in the east. Good that two stands are signing now though but the noise from the FF just didn't carry to the whole stadium.

Onion
05-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Well done to all. Keep it up, add more bods and then push for a standing section :thumbsup:

Canon Hannan
05-08-2017, 05:10 PM
From Centre West the New Singing section were fantastic. Sang most of the game, great colour and really added to the occasion. Well done everyone. It's good to have 2 parts of the stadium singing to be honest. Works in France and Italy! Nothing negative at all, East were good, new North section were good......superb!

05-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Loved the banner and hope to see more of them throughout the season. I liked the idea of having it go from the top tier right over the bottom section, an option that wasn't available when they were in the east.

Great atmostphere today. I'm still a little skeptical of the location, I personally thought it was better in the east but fair play they still made plenty noise and got other parts of the crowd going. Keep that up all season and make Easter Road as loud as possible.

Bukta#8
05-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Sorry good effort lads but get back to the east or alternatively everyone in the top section get on your feet and join in .
Always been the case with my 40 years experience that the main singing core is in the east

Canon Hannan
05-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Meant to say the noise is loud with being in the top corner.....really echoed out! Good work Hibs.

SChibs
05-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Ive just put on the replay on Alba and it sounds great. I sat in the section and there is no way there was more singing in the East stand today

The_Todd
05-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Ive just put on the replay on Alba and it sounds great. I sat in the section and there is no way there was more singing in the East stand today

And someone in the east would say the opposite.

GreenCastle
05-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Let's give it a chance !

First game etc

They are there for the season and I give them credit for trying to bring more noise to the stadium.

You could actually ask why more others didn't join in ifnpeople want to pick holes. At times though plenty did and compared to previous years against teams like Thistle it had more of a big game feel about it and helped us get 3 points.

The bigger games will be electric and can't wait.

Libby Hibby
I was in the south and they were barely audible. I could hear the drum. What I liked though was that the songs spread around the ground after they were started in the singing section. I reckon that in big games it will be brilliant.

Are you not a ST Lord?

Pete
Was right underneath them and they made a racket...some of the more mature members were a bit put out :-)

Is there a megaphone up there now?

I'm_cabbaged
05-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Could only hear the drum tbh from section 42,

frazeHFC
05-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Far better than the bottom of 43. Shame hardly anyone else joined it though..

"Was better in the east" pmsl

SRHibs
05-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Far better than the bottom of 43. Shame hardly anyone else joined it though..

"Was better in the east" pmsl

East was great today. I literally only heard the drum from the FF.

Franck Stanton
05-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Was right underneath them and they made a racket...some of the more mature members were a bit put out :-)

Is there a megaphone up there now?

Yep, guy with the megaphone starts the songs and rest join in. He stands at front of singing section facing the rest of the singers.

GreenCastle
05-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Would love to see a banner for the Derby stretching the whole length of the stand..hopefully they have something up thier sleeve as the season goes on.

hibby6270
05-08-2017, 05:56 PM
From West Upper (North) it sounded pretty good.

If anything it spurred on those now in East Section 43 to start their own songs separately and that added to the overall atmosphere.

OK - if wasn't constant singing for 90 minutes but regular enough to show that Section 25 will be an asset this season.

Keep it up guys.

djs69
05-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Much better, more chanting , more songs started in 2 stands now, and they're not relied upon, as the east will always be a singing stand . Loved it today, I'm in FF upper

erin go bragh
05-08-2017, 06:03 PM
We sit right under them in the FF lower . It did create a much better atmosphere in the FF stand but felt when the East started singing ( it was different songs as to what was being sung in the FF ) Also thought the FF lowers were pretty poor at joining in with any songs .
But it's early doors .

fat freddy
05-08-2017, 06:10 PM
As a long term resident of the comfy seats in the FF upper I was looking forward to the arrival of the singing section and they added a carnival atmosphere to an area of the stadium which is usually quite reserved.
It was good to see fans all around us joining in and clapping along to the songs, its early days but I think it will work out ok and the other stands will join in to create a 3D wall of sound on the really big games.
The guy with the megaphone was funny, at various times depending on what song he wad trying to start, i heard him described as The intro to the Buggles song Video killed the radio star, Damon Albarn doing The Gorillaz, A half cut jakey who has chored the wee guys microphone, someones grandad is having a shot now... on the whole it was a good laugh and brightened up the famous five library. I think the megaphone guy has the potential to become a club legend and in thirty years threads will be started asking if he's still around...toola roola li lay.. c'mon ma bonny laddies.

Keith_M
05-08-2017, 06:12 PM
A megaphone?

Heaven preserve us.

:rolleyes:

Tom Hart RIP
05-08-2017, 06:15 PM
From West Upper I thought they were great. Well done everyone

Nakedmanoncrack
05-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Thought atmosphere was great today, certainly best I've known at a Hibs v Partick game.

wearethehibs
05-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Was up in the singing section and thought it was class.

The fact people in the east are saying they only heard the east and the fact I was in the FF and I could only hear the singing section is a good thing.

2 stands going for it is brilliant.

Loved the display and flags in the famous five.

We're all Hibees and should be happy of atmosphere from more parts of the ground.

Looking forward to Tuesday.

GreenCastle
05-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Would like to see a Hibees chant between the East and FF - would sound good...

For example..

FF - Hibees
East - Hibees

Etc etc getting louder and louder than rest of stadium join in

we are hibs
05-08-2017, 07:04 PM
i could only hear the drum and i was in 38, big game atmosphere's will take care of themselves regardless.

Jonnyboy
05-08-2017, 07:05 PM
I remember some years ago I went to the Riverside to watch Middlesboro play Rotherham. Being a visitor in the area I joined the Rotherham fans who were loud and noisy throughout. I remember thinking they easily outsang the home fans then I watched the highlights later and found the home fans were far noisier. The reason I'm boring you all with this is that it's evident that if you sit in a section where the singing is non-stop and loud you will naturally think it's louder than anywhere else in the ground. Those in the Since1875 group did a great job but there was also loud singing from areas of the East

cabbageandribs1875
05-08-2017, 07:06 PM
plenty songs in the East today, all we need is another drummer situated in the East and we can have an Easty & Fivey singalongathong :flag::thumbsup:

brianmc
05-08-2017, 07:13 PM
From my vantage point in the East, back row in front of the TV gantry all I could hear of the singing section was the occasional bit of drumming. All I could see was a few seats of the front few rows of it. Glad it sounded good up there guys but the sound sadly never made as far as the half way line.

mim
05-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Thought atmosphere was great today, certainly best I've known at a Hibs v Partick game.

You maybe weren't at Bestie's home debut :greengrin

RyeSloan
05-08-2017, 07:21 PM
I sat at half way in the East and you could hardly hear them...I think the positioning of the section right up against the side of the FF really stops the sound traveling to the east.

Personally I thought it didn't work ...previously their songs would spread across the East and be taken up by many, just didn't hear that today.

Will give it a chance of course and it certainly sounds like they improved the atmosphere for the FF and some of the West but from today's performance, and despite their Sterling efforts, it's a thumbs down from me.

Golden Bear
05-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Well done lads. An infectious atmosphere today, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Johnny Clash
05-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Brilliant effort all round. The singing section never stopped and the East joined in and also started songs which is great.

It's weird how audio works - I'm at back of section 41 and could see corner of singing section giving it big licks but could only hear the drum. I'm assuming the Partick fans caught the full blast?

To be honest I thought the rest of the FF would join in when the singing section were in full flow but that didn't seem to happen.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Thought the east was still the better singing section. Now we're just down one drummer!

GOOD! A bit of competition /rivalry between the East and FF upper singing sections will help keep the atmos up.

My_Wife_Camille
05-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Very quiet from section 43. They are good Hibs lads and I love what they try do but they are no where near as loud and effective as they think they are. I noticed no difference in the atmosphere and the number of songs today than I did last season.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-08-2017, 07:49 PM
You maybe weren't at Bestie's home debut :greengrin

I was, long time ago tbf, but though the crowd was a couple of thousand more I don't recall the atmosphere being particularly electric at that, or many other games around that fairly grim era, with most of stadium uncovered.

Blaster
05-08-2017, 07:54 PM
It was like watching two TVs in a pub. One in HD. The singing section or the east seemed to sing the same chant but one was a few seconds ahead of the other

Still a positive for me though. Better than no singing/atmosphere

lord bunberry
05-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Are you not a ST Lord?
Yes, but I didn't get one until yesterday. Someone had already bought my seat in the east, forcing me into the south today.l

hailhail22
05-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Sounded like a couple of new songs today, Couldn't really make out what the words were though

HappyAsHellas
05-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Was it louder for the players? That's where it counts.

lord bunberry
05-08-2017, 08:03 PM
A megaphone?

Heaven preserve us.

:rolleyes:
Kryogenically?

GreenArmy1875
05-08-2017, 08:21 PM
These guys have been a massive positive since the day we got relegated. Well organised, new and old songs and non stop singing and passion during small and big games to get us over the line at times. Well done to everyone involved.

hfc rd
05-08-2017, 08:31 PM

This. Thought the atmosphere was great today.

I sit in the east and my main concern was that I felt it would lose its voice with the singing section moving to the F5 but it didn't. Their were songs being belted around and I could hear the lads and lassies adding some atmosphere to the F5.

Early days but I personally enjoyed it.

18Hibee75
05-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Sounded like a couple of new songs today, Couldn't really make out what the words were thoughLeean dempster going to Dundee in her green Ferrari sounded a lot better than I thought it would, and new chant about Bartley being better than Paul Hartley.

Jonnyboy
05-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Leean dempster going to Dundee in her green Ferrari sounded a lot better than I thought it would, and new chant about Bartley being better than Paul Hartley.

Sad to say I didn't hear either of them

frazeHFC
05-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Bartley one has been sung for ages. Shame it's not been heard, just need to be even louder next time!

RIP
05-08-2017, 10:13 PM
For a stadium to be at its loudest you need singing from all areas of the ground. In the past 30 odd years that sound has only regularly emanated from the South corner of the East.

Now it is bouncing out from two corners. Given how quiet many grounds are in Scotland,the fact that we have two singing corners can only be good news for the match atmosphere.

All extremely positive indicators for the season ahead GGTTH

hibsmad
05-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Bartley one has been sung for ages. Shame it's not been heard, just need to be even louder next time!

What are the words to the Bartley song? Always heard Hartley mentioned but never really caught the rest.

Absolutely love big Marv so would be great if everyone joined in with his tune!

Since1875Hibs
05-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Superb how folk are actually complaining about the noise levels - maybe lift your own voices?

hibee
05-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Sad to say I didn't hear either of them

Neither did I and I sit right next to them, probably deafened by the drum after the first 15 minutes!

Since1875Hibs
05-08-2017, 10:27 PM

frazeHFC
05-08-2017, 10:30 PM
What are the words to the Bartley song? Always heard Hartley mentioned but never really caught the rest.

Absolutely love big Marv so would be great if everyone joined in with his tune!

Marvin Bartley,
Marvin Bartley
Marvin Marvin Bartley
Is so much better
Than that **** Paul Hartley

frazeHFC
05-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Folk can moan all they want when they join in. If you don't join in but still moan then nae bor!

hibsmad
05-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Marvin Bartley,
Marvin Bartley
Marvin Marvin Bartley
Is so much better
Than that **** Paul Hartley

Thanks!

frazeHFC
05-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Thanks!

No worries. Thought the atmosphere was great today and we won so kick on..

brianmc
05-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Folk can moan all they want when they join in. If you don't join in but still moan then nae bor!

Hard to join in with sum hin you can't hear bro...

matty_f
05-08-2017, 10:43 PM
I thought the stadium sounded great today, plenty noise coming from the Famous Five and the East. Good to see the flags and banners in the singing section as well.

Just Alf
05-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Feedback from a couple of English, not at all interested in Scottish footy, workmates was really positive tonight. They thought listening on TV that the atmosphere was top notch..... They did think that us Scots sounded weirder than normal on Alba tho!

I've also been asked to organise our next face to face meeting in Edinburgh to coincide with a home game, that means about 12 extra "new" fans when I bring them along!!

:flag::flag:

hibsmad
05-08-2017, 10:47 PM
No worries. Thought the atmosphere was great today and we won so kick on..

I sit right underneath the singing section in the FF lower. Atmosphere was great and it certainly added to the day for the majority in my section. Can't wait for the big games this season!

I understand people having options on where they think the singing section is best placed. However my view is that you guys add massively to the atmosphere wherever you go, and as it is you guys who are adding to said atmosphere, it's your choice where you go!

Keep up the great work :flag:

monktonharp
05-08-2017, 10:48 PM
From Centre West the New Singing section were fantastic. Sang most of the game, great colour and really added to the occasion. Well done everyone. It's good to have 2 parts of the stadium singing to be honest. Works in France and Italy! Nothing negative at all, East were good, new North section were good......superb!:agree:added to the occasion the section 43/44 noise was good as was the North singing section I was in the west upper today for a change but those sections both made noise

frazeHFC
05-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Hard to join in with sum hin you can't hear bro...

Fair point, place for improval

BT58
06-08-2017, 08:20 AM
From the West Lower, it sounded braw. In fact i thought that the East was superb too. Even when we where shocked by the early goal the crowd urged the team on. Even us West standers joined in with a few songs.

B

macca70
06-08-2017, 08:26 AM
Have sat in the FF black comfy seats for years, the singing section made some racket today, fair play to them for creating an atmosphere but my opinion it would be a lot more effective in the East.

When they started songs last season, a lot of the east would join in and nothing better than a rocking east stand belting out songs. Apart from a couple of songs the east was quiet today.

No one else in the FF upper was joining in yesterday but IMO if they were somewhere in the east they would have had the whole east stand bouncing.

I suspect the reason they are where they are is it makes it much easier to police. They will all have season tickets and the club know who owns each seat. Where they are now makes it harder for random folk to sit amongst them and get them in trouble by using flares/smoke bombs like happened a couple of times when they were in the east last season.

macca70
06-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Any pictures of the banner, sitting in the FF I didn't even realise there was a banner. Guys in the pub after were saying it looked good.

GreenCastle
06-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Toure brothers song for Simon and Fraser Murray..

Yes I know they aren't brothers..

macca70
06-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Toure brothers song for Simon and Fraser Murray..

Yes I know they aren't brothers..

That tunes been done to death by other clubs and Scotland, better with new material.

Girls don't like boys tune is brilliant, very simple, no swearing and very effective. Also very catchy, still have it stuck in my head this morning.

GreenCastle
06-08-2017, 08:37 AM
That tunes been done to death by other clubs and Scotland, better with new material.

Girls don't like boys tune is brilliant, very simple, no swearing and very effective. Also very catchy, still have it stuck in my head this morning.

Fair enough.

Does the new one have a 2nd verse ?

Keith_M
06-08-2017, 08:41 AM
I'm going to start a new Singing Area, 'The Old Fogies', in Section 11 of the West Stand.

No megaphones or drums allowed, start date: Mid September (when I move home)

Who's with me?

:greengrin

Iggy Pope
06-08-2017, 08:55 AM
I sit at the front of the FF Upper towards the West side and thought it was tremendous.

Sorry if it's been suggested elsewhere but some synched 'call and response' between the sections in the North and the East would be brilliant.
IMO.
Works well on the continent. I recall being at Highbury years back and it even worked there.

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2017, 09:16 AM
I sit in West Upper on the 18 yard line at South End and could hear the FF singing just fine. Perhaps the new BTG NHS hub should start doing hearing aids ;-)

The Pointer
06-08-2017, 09:30 AM
I was in G4 at the FF end of the East so saw nothing, heard mainly the drum and could tell where the songs were coming from. Some of these crossed to the East which was good but didn't hear the new ones so overall I thought the atmosphere was good for the first game of the season.

Btw, what did the banner say and are their any pics?

The Thistle fans made a good din when they scored and when they didn't get decisions in the second half which suggests to me that the noise projects better from the lower tier which is where most of their fans were.

madhibee_again
06-08-2017, 09:30 AM
In the FF and thought it sounded great. Give it time folks, as someone else said for all my Hibs supporting life the singing has come from the East, so it's a big change and one that'll take a bit of time to bed in.

Well done guys.

The_Todd
06-08-2017, 09:38 AM
I've always like the Spurs call and response between the Shelf and Park Lane. Sure we could do something similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X797dZId1ew

Johnny Clash
06-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Fact is our singing section now has its new location which won't change so things will start to evolve. Immediately we've seen that the East can still start songs as well as join in if a song spreads from another section.

Different parts of the stadium will hear things more clearly coz of the way sound waves work. There's a big wall next to section 25 which prevents sound beaming over to the east but the same wall probably helps project the sound over to the west. Even a bit of wind can make a big difference to what you hear!

Anyway.. there's clearly some good organisation with the supporters - banners, displays, drums ... So well done for the effort and time you all put in.

:flag:

Bob1875
06-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Why did they initiate the move in the first place? It seems the club are just trying to get then as far away from the pitch as possible. It should be right in front of the FF goals imo, create a hostile atmosphere for the away GK. Atmosphere is also judged from away fans perspective and they are just too far away to have any sort of impact.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2017, 10:03 AM
I thought they were very good yesterday although I do think it would be even better if they were in the centre of the lower tier.

SChibs
06-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Why did they initiate the move in the first place? It seems the club are just trying to get then as far away from the pitch as possible. It should be right in front of the FF goals imo, create a hostile atmosphere for the away GK. Atmosphere is also judged from away fans perspective and they are just too far away to have any sort of impact.

That's where the group want it to be but that area is packed with season tickets and it is the family section l. Section 25 had minimal disruption but still behind the goals.
In the future I'd love to see the section grow to take over the whole of the famous five upper, that would look and sound fantastic

18Hibee75
06-08-2017, 11:32 AM
That's where the group want it to be but that area is packed with season tickets and it is the family section l. Section 25 had minimal disruption but still behind the goals.
In the future I'd love to see the section grow to take over the whole of the famous five upper, that would look and sound fantasticThat's something that would be amazing, the one thing however about yesterday was that no one else in the upper joined in with any of the songs. If we could manage to make the whole of the upper a singing section that would look and sound unreal.

SChibs
06-08-2017, 01:08 PM
That's something that would be amazing, the one thing however about yesterday was that no one else in the upper joined in with any of the songs. If we could manage to make the whole of the upper a singing section that would look and sound unreal.

Yeah, it's early doors but I think people will start joining in. If it starts to take off more people that want to sing might buy season tickets in the next section along and hopefully it grows from there

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-08-2017, 03:54 PM
I thought they were very good yesterday although I do think it would be even better if they were in the centre of the lower tier.

:agree: 100%

Reckon the sound would carry better throughout the stadium and less health & safety issue when the lads stand up as it doesn't feel as steep in the lower compared to the upper. Think we missed a trick there.

C Feeney-Seale
06-08-2017, 08:18 PM
The drum gets used too much in my opinion. All you could hear at times was just the drum and not the singing.

Yeah I agree I'd like more singing and less drum!

C Feeney-Seale
06-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Yeah, it's early doors but I think people will start joining in. If it starts to take off more people that want to sing might buy season tickets in the next section along and hopefully it grows from there

I can't wait to be in the FF uppper for the mid week Derby under the floodlights - atmosphere will be unreal.

keep the faith
06-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Very quiet from section 43. They are good Hibs lads and I love what they try do but they are no where near as loud and effective as they think they are. I noticed no difference in the atmosphere and the number of songs today than I did last season.

Are you ever positive???

Thought the singing section was terrific. Never stopped and gave a carnival atmosphere. The racket was loud and clear from the west and I loved their energy.
Great job guys.

Just Alf
06-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Are you ever positive???

Thought the singing section was terrific. Never stopped and gave a carnival atmosphere. The racket was loud and clear from the west and I loved their energy.
Great job guys.This!!!

Well done folks, helped add to the overall occasion

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

coco22
06-08-2017, 08:37 PM
I've always like the Spurs call and response between the Shelf and Park Lane. Sure we could do something similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X797dZId1ew

This is really good but am sure that the organisation and sorting of it could send some folk over the edge on here! 😂

Plus I think the Singing Section do a great job!

percy veer
06-08-2017, 08:45 PM
We sit right under them in the FF lower . It did create a much better atmosphere in the FF stand but felt when the East started singing ( it was different songs as to what was being sung in the FF ) Also thought the FF lowers were pretty poor at joining in with any songs .
But it's early doors .
Tbh the core support in the lower is made up of family's with small children to blame them is pretty poor in my opinion some of these kids only know the a small bit of song never mind a few new songs

yonder1875
06-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Brilliant effort from the singing section yesterday, the section 43 area of the East will always generate an atmosphere so it's nice having the songs started from two parts of the ground.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2017, 09:40 PM
I thought they were great, i still think they should be in the middle of the FF but this is a start. Well done everyone involved. :top marks

GreenCastle
06-08-2017, 10:09 PM
The dream is full upper or lower tier behind the goals and would be bouncing for 90 mins..maybe over time..

heretoday
07-08-2017, 08:08 AM
I was in the FF in front of the Section and they were great, although I can still hear the drumbeat in my head!

What did irk me (and always does) is the tannoy/public address. It's all a bit razzamataz.

For instance, are substitutes going to be introduced with blaring announcements at every game?

FifeHibs
07-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Does anyone have a photo of the "Guess who's back banner"

The_Todd
07-08-2017, 10:07 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170807/8208e7184c10e08d53974ae18ceb6f54.jpg

Here's how it looked from the East

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP
07-08-2017, 08:38 PM
That's something that would be amazing, the one thing however about yesterday was that no one else in the upper joined in with any of the songs. If we could manage to make the whole of the upper a singing section that would look and sound unreal.

That's actually a lot easier than you think. Get a Facebook page and YouTube account up and running. Then some videos and song lyrics. Just use the name Famous Five it's a great brand.

My_Wife_Camille
07-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Are you ever positive???

Great job guys.
Nothing negative about it. The atmosphere was great on Saturday just as it was last season. I just don't think the move has made it any difference yet. The noise generated from S43 was just the same and the noise from the new section wasn't loud enough to make a difference.

davhibby
08-08-2017, 12:03 AM
I sat in the north end of the east last season and could barely hear them. Think having 2 places where songs will start is good and with a bit of encouragement if more people in the FF join in the noise will carry over to the east better this season. Will just take a bit of time but anyone doubting the atmosphere on Saturday should watch a bit of it back on the iplayer, comes over very well on the Alba coverage

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2017, 04:15 AM
Are you ever positive???

Great job guys.

This

Though because I sit in the FF lower the impact of the section being in that stand was obviously going to be more for me than it was when they were lost in the East I still thought their impact on the whole stadium was better and that clearly came across on ALBA when I watched the game back the next day.

IMO this is a start and I cant help thinking as the months go on the whole stand will be more inclined to join in ..... hopefully we are on the way to a singing, or even better standing, section in the FF lower within the next few years.

Albanian Hibs
08-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Only problem I had on saturday sitting in the section was that I missed the 2nd goal due to a flag being waved from 2 rows below me. Didnt feel great telling the young lad to put the flag down as I know they have worked hard to get to where they are now but I wasnt missing any more of the match because of it.

Thomson1875
08-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Only problem I had on saturday sitting in the section was that I missed the 2nd goal due to a flag being waved from 2 rows below me. Didnt feel great telling the young lad to put the flag down as I know they have worked hard to get to where they are now but I wasnt missing any more of the match because of it.

Not 100 percent sure but pretty positive one of the reasons they moved there was so they could wave flags throughout the game.

wearethehibs
08-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Not 100 percent sure but pretty positive one of the reasons they moved there was so they could wave flags throughout the game.

Yeah there were issues with people that sat in the row just behind the section they were in, at the bottom of 43, so flags were only waved now and then if at all.

Obviously it was assumed having a full section of people wanting to generate an atmosphere would allow flags to be waved throughout without any issues.

Albanian Hibs
08-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Yeah there were issues with people that sat in the row just behind the section they were in, at the bottom of 43, so flags were only waved now and then if at all.

Obviously it was assumed having a full section of people wanting to generate an atmosphere would allow flags to be waved throughout without any issues.

Thanks, thats good to know. Looks like we might have to relocate our st's cause there is no way I am going to miss anymore goals this season.

Keith_M
08-08-2017, 03:05 PM
It probably would be really good to have the Singing Section in the middle of the of the FF Lower but, as has been discussed before on many occassions, that is easier said than done.

The FF Lower, as everybody knows, is the Family section and is very popular (over 90% of the seats are STs). The first issue would be convincing those Fans, and the club, that it would be both worthwhile and fair to move them for the sake of a singing area.

If you did manage that successfully (which I seriously doubt), you then face the issue of where you would put them. We now have over 12k ST holders and there is NO large area of the ground currently lying empty, just waiting to accomodate the Family Section. So, if you did then designate a different part of the ground as the Family area, that would mean moving even more ST holders out of those sections to accomodate that.

As I said, a nice idea but you're gonna end up with a lot of really P'd off supporters for the sake of a few hundred fans in a Singing Section.

hibee
08-08-2017, 04:53 PM
I found it a bit odd that some young kid in front of me and his dad had their half empty plastic bottles of coke removed from them while the adults in the singing section next to them were ok to have large wooden sticks with them just because there was a flag attached.

The rules at football nowadays are ridiculous!

SChibs
08-08-2017, 05:01 PM
I found it a bit odd that some young kid in front of me and his dad had their half empty plastic bottles of coke removed from them while the adults in the singing section next to them were ok to have large wooden sticks with them just because there was a flag attached.

The rules at football nowadays are ridiculous!

It's because you could fill the bottle of coke with liquid and throw it on to the pitch.

I'd like to take the opportunity to say well done to a Steward In the famous five during pre season. He must have spotted a boy with a can of juice but rather than confronting him and taking it from him he went inside and got a cup for the boy to pour the juice into. Only pointing this out and people are quick to point out over zealous or jobsworth stewards so it was nice to see common sense for a change!

hibee
08-08-2017, 05:12 PM
It's because you could fill the bottle of coke with liquid and throw it on to the pitch.

I'd like to take the opportunity to say well done to a Steward In the famous five during pre season. He must have spotted a boy with a can of juice but rather than confronting him and taking it from him he went inside and got a cup for the boy to pour the juice into. Only pointing this out and people are quick to point out over zealous or jobsworth stewards so it was nice to see common sense for a change!

Yes I've seen the usual steward doing that regularly but it was a different steward this time, I think they even offered him the lids but he refused.

Surely the wooden sticks could be removed from the flag and also launched onto the pitch so don't see the difference.

Suppose they would be better off stopping the bottles being brought in if it's an issue for them.

SChibs
08-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Yes I've seen the usual steward doing that regularly but it was a different steward this time, I think they even offered him the lids but he refused.

Surely the wooden sticks could be removed from the flag and also launched onto the pitch so don't see the difference.

Suppose they would be better off stopping the bottles being brought in if it's an issue for them.

I know what you are saying but a bottle full of liquid would do much more damage than a flimsy flag pole. Bottles are banned from the ground and have been for years anyway. it's om the terms and conditions of the tickets and the stadium rules