PDA

View Full Version : Excitement

05-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Never known so much positivity going into a season before. We have packed out Easter Road for a game vs Partick Thistle! Who'd have thought it 3 years ago when our club was in absolute tatters.

Actually unbelievable how far this club has come. Lets get easter road packed out and absolutely rocking every other week. We are back, now lets make our mark on the premiership :thumbsup:

:flag::flag::flag:

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2017, 09:59 AM
:agree: .......... What an amazing transformation in 3 years, it just shows how important getting the right people in to run a football club is.

murray26
05-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Winning the Scottish cup has had a big part to play IMO..

HibbySpurs
05-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Getting the appointment of theCEO 100% bang on has been the catalyst IMO

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Refocusing on the quality that fills the shirts on a Saturday has helped as well.

05-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Walking away from Easter Road after the Hamilton game 3 years ago was without a doubt one of the absolute lowest I'd ever felt in all my life watching hibs. The club was on it's knees, the morale around the club was rock bottom, it was hard to see how we could ever fully recover from it in all honesty.

The club from top to bottom has been totally redone. Both on and off the park we have people who care passionately about the club and are so driven to make hibs successful.

I could not be prouder to be a hibee :flag:

05-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Winning the Scottish cup has had a big part to play IMO..

Of course it did but not just that, we have a board that cares, a team that cares and a team of players that are of the quality expected at this club. We had been heading for relegation for years because year upon year we were signing groups of very poor players. The teams we had had nowhere near the same spirit and passion our current team have.

The SC win obviously helped but its plain for everyone to see that we are now a club totally refreshed from top to bottom.

RossScott1991
05-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Feels Christmas morning as a kid.

We finally have players who are fit and deserve to wear the famous shirt. Leanne and the board have been instrumental and saved us from a dark period in our history.

Also just to give a shout out to Rod Petrie who was rightly under scrutiny before Dempster came in, he has stepped back and has allowed the club to be run like a football club and not just a business. He has done a lot of good for us also in the past.

Posh Hibby
05-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Walking away from Easter Road after the Hamilton game 3 years ago was without a doubt one of the absolute lowest I'd ever felt in all my life watching hibs. The club was on it's knees, the morale around the club was rock bottom, it was hard to see how we could ever fully recover from it in all honesty.

The club from top to bottom has been totally redone. Both on and off the park we have people who care passionately about the club and are so driven to make hibs successful.

I could not be prouder to be a hibee :flag:

:agree: Never felt so low after a Hibs game than getting relegated against Hamilton. It felt like the club was just on a non-stop downward trajectory. I really couldn't see where next for us after..

Hard to believe where we are now!! Really excited for the season ahead.

:flag::flag::flag:

DarlingtonHibee
05-08-2017, 11:00 AM
In leann and Neil we trust.

Hibee87
05-08-2017, 11:03 AM
I was up early (like a kid at xmas). Went to tesco for a tiger baguette haggis n bacon.
Made me and the Mrs breakfast. Turned YouTube onto the tv and watched the last 20 minutes of Scottish cup final whilst eating. Had to refrain for a beer too early and made a stewed cup of tea.

I'm now champing at the bit to get to the pub and watch the Herts get a pumping followed by the hibs dishing out a pumping. Excitement doesn't even cover it