PDA

View Full Version : Media Excellent interview

Jonnyboy
04-08-2017, 08:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFpJC00dI30

hibsbollah
04-08-2017, 09:09 PM
In some ways Jonny, yes, you're right, it was good. She's intelligent, focused and passionate.

But on the other hand, where's the 'it's OKs'? the 'uh wuhs'? The reference to what would happen in the absence of imaginary goalposts? The Dougal McGuire inane stare into the near distance?

In short, she's just not providing enough cheap laughs.

Jonnyboy
04-08-2017, 09:18 PM
In some ways Jonny, yes, you're right, it was good. She's intelligent, focused and passionate.

But on the other hand, where's the 'it's OKs'? the 'uh wuhs'? The reference to what would happen in the absence of imaginary goalposts? The Dougal McGuire inane stare into the near distance?

:greengrin

sleeping giant
04-08-2017, 09:24 PM

Brilliant interview.

She knows exactly what she wants.

Haymaker
04-08-2017, 09:33 PM

I nearly posted a HUGE 'whoosh' reply to this :greengrin

Jonnyboy
04-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Brilliant interview.

She knows exactly what she wants.

Indeed. We are in very safe hands :agree:

Ozyhibby
04-08-2017, 09:37 PM
She makes life difficult for us doom and gloomers. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
04-08-2017, 09:40 PM
She makes life difficult for us doom and gloomers. [emoji35]

:greengrin I found the talk about HSL to be more than interesting :agree: Close to half a million quid in already and I know that will be compared to what the Gorgie mob are doing but for me it's comparing apples with oranges

Lancs Harp
04-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Thanks for posting Jonny, indeed a great interview and a great insight into how our club is run and the direction it is seeking to take, on and off the park. Leeann Dempster is a very significant cog in the Hibs machine, if not the most significant cog.

cammy1969
04-08-2017, 09:52 PM
A great watch it's amazing how quick the clubs been turned around, there was a poison eating away in the club for a long time that was slowly killing us.
But now that everyone from the top right down to the bottom are all pulling in the same direction it's great to see the transformation and will only get better if we all do our bit, there was not a chance of signing the quality of players we have without the fans digging deep buying record season tickets.
There's a big gap that we can push on thru and exploit.onwards & upwards GGTTH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Delboy4
04-08-2017, 09:54 PM
One word "Fantastic"

GGTTH
:flag:

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Wonderful. :top marks

Vault Boy
04-08-2017, 09:56 PM
I planned to share this earlier and had started to write a long post about how exciting this interview is and how wonderful Leeann has been for the club etc, but I started to bore myself so I chucked it. :greengrin

Seriously though, this is an excellent interview. It's great to hear some details about the planning going on behind the scenes, Leeann and the team want to take this club to very high levels and I personally believe they'll achieve that. The feel good factor is well and truly alive and I'm hoping we keep up this level of enthusiasm and support for the entire season, it's the perfect time to all pull together and help haul this club into the greatness it's due to find.

P.S. It's about time they sorted out those dugouts, glad that it's in the pipeline!

WhileTheChief..
04-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Brilliant. Thanks v much for posting.

I like the idea of building a proper indoor facility at East Mains but slightly miffed no mention of the corners at ER :wink:

Gave a really good insight to the workings of our club. Interesting comments about the cost of players down south meaning we have people watching games further afield - Lithuania for example?!

Great to hear how the club is growing in so many ways. The number of people behind the scenes was a surprise but shows that we are serious about being a properly run club. Elite sportsmen she said, I completely agree. That's the kind of chat I want to hear.

What a team we've got running our club. Love it.

lord bunberry
04-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Nae mention of chips though:greengrin
Seriously though we have a leader of the football club that understands what the fans want both on and off the pitch. I hope she's here for a very long time.

PapillonVert
04-08-2017, 10:05 PM

Leeann will always have my undying gratitude for her executive decision to punt Butcher almost as soon as she got in the door.

By all accounts, he went into the meeting with her after relegation thinking it would be to discuss how he would be taking the club forward and was shocked when he was shown the door.

Gaun yersel', hen!

madhatter
04-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Great interview and she is 100% correct, we need to stay away from Boom to Bust approach. The club had an awful habit of trying to fix every issue with huge changes and it got us nothing but torment through relegation and terrible journeymen on the pitch...

We must bring through more talent, that goes for every Scottish club tbh. As fans we all want our clubs to be successful but look what our current league system and lack of money has done - shocking national team for years and years. Too much fear of relegation and being fixated on results from a very young age doesn't help.

Get a solid core squad together, build around it with youth etc. Sell best players when it is suitable and get a reputation for giving youth the best chance for big careers and hence get more kids wanting to sign for the club.

on a side note, has Lennon been ill or something? he looked quite tired and downbeat during his pre match interview.

Andy74
04-08-2017, 10:09 PM
So, one more major project off the pitch is to build an indoor facility. Makes sense.

pacorosssco
04-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Yes. LD learned at well that a system that is club deep can give a sustained success or build up to offer stability to build to. She will be on radar for other clubs on back of cv Hibs. If she was male she would be gone already. Martin Bain Rangers failed then onto Sunderland failed again for a salary LD deserves more than he steals. She has give Hibs a shot in arm its needed for years .

Gatecrasher
04-08-2017, 10:17 PM
So, one more major project off the pitch is to build an indoor facility. Makes sense.

Indoor environment? Does she mean a full size indoor pitch?

PapillonVert
04-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Great interview and she is 100% correct, we need to stay away from Boom to Bust approach. The club had an awful habit of trying to fix every issue with huge changes and it got us nothing but torment through relegation and terrible journeymen on the pitch...

We must bring through more talent, that goes for every Scottish club tbh. As fans we all want our clubs to be successful but look what our current league system and lack of money has done - shocking national team for years and years. Too much fear of relegation and being fixated on results from a very young age doesn't help.

Get a solid core squad together, build around it with youth etc. Sell best players when it is suitable and get a reputation for giving youth the best chance for big careers and hence get more kids wanting to sign for the club.

It might sound daft just now at the Hibs/SPL level but the Neymar transfer could lead to inflation in transfer fees/signing on fees as the ever-rising costs of these percolate down through the game. So, developing your own talent becomes even more important as it is possible that agents will be demanding ever higher fees in the future to bring in players.

Andy74
04-08-2017, 10:20 PM

Yes, would think so.

PapillonVert

Thought we had this already at East Mains. Or this this an extension/improvement of that? Full-size pitch maybe?

hibsbollah
. If she was male she would be gone already .

Im not sure thats the case. Most people that make important decisions know that gender is irrelevant to ability, even in football.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Thought we had this already at East Mains. Or this this an extension/improvement of that? Full-size pitch maybe?

It's just a small 5 a side indoor pitch we have at East Mains

BSEJVT
04-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Another hugely inspiring interview

Leeann gets what we are where we are and where we need to get to

They are obviously listening

madhatter
04-08-2017, 10:23 PM

Was Leeann also not talking as if it would be for the kids/youth player primarily which I don't believe the current one is?

cammy1969
04-08-2017, 10:23 PM

Yeah I think so I remember when I was down east main at a Stubbs talk nite that was 1 thing he wished we had as the weather is a nite mare for training a lot of the time down there

PapillonVert
04-08-2017, 10:25 PM

Right-o, BW, thanks.

So, full-sized indoor pitch then. Onward and upward.

Sir David Gray
04-08-2017, 10:25 PM
Very impressive woman, really excited about the future with her at the helm.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Was Leeann also not talking as if it would be for the kids/youth player primarily which I don't believe the current one is?

I haven't watched the interview yet, was just replying to a previous post

cammy1969
04-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Think they can't do full drills as to small at the mo so would mean no interruptions in bad weather as just move inside

KdyHby
04-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Very impressive :not worth

#persevered
04-08-2017, 10:52 PM
She's brilliant. Competing in Europe regularly is exactly the kind of ambition I want them to have. Sounds like they've got proper plans for how to do it also. She's worth whatever wage she wants in my opinion.

jacomo
04-08-2017, 11:00 PM
It might sound daft just now at the Hibs/SPL level but the Neymar transfer could lead to inflation in transfer fees/signing on fees as the ever-rising costs of these percolate down through the game. So, developing your own talent becomes even more important as it is possible that agents will be demanding ever higher fees in the future to bring in players.

:agree:

wpj
04-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Very encouraging, also liked the bit about development is there but you have to be willing to put the work in and have the right attitude. Looking to other senior players as examples. We have some good seasoned players to assist this process. Future looks bright 😊

The Harp Awakes
04-08-2017, 11:12 PM
Captivating.

One of the key things for me in that interview, was the bit about recruiting and retaining key staff. Spot on. Neil Lennon epitomises everything our club has lacked for decades. We must get him tied up long term. If we do, then the next few years and beyond could be very special.

pacorosssco
04-08-2017, 11:49 PM
Im not sure thats the case. Most people that make important decisions know that gender is irrelevant to ability, even in football.

Id hope so but football is behind curve
Best person always but most people who make important decisions do what suits them.

Not In The Know
05-08-2017, 12:14 AM
i was lucky enough to attend a .net visit to HTC when Stubbs was manager. What struck me then was how impressive the behind the scenes infrastructure was. George Craig, Graham Mathie and especially Calvin Charlton (Head hunted from Southampton FC Video/player analysis) are all extremely talented individuals. This is all a trickle down effect from having an extremely formidable and impressive woman in charge of our club at this moment in time.

Watching that interview got me more excited for the season ahead (and seasons beyond) than the stokes interview after he signed.

CyberSauzee
05-08-2017, 12:34 AM
Thanks for posting that Mr JC otherwise it's unlikely I would have found it!

30 mins? of great insight into how Hibs' are going about things. Hopefully other football clubs don't look as our CEO is superb. Petrie must surely get her on a long term highly paid contract. Sell Stokes and McGinn if you have to. :wink:

Thanks also to the interviewer, you can't have good answers without decent questions.

JimBHibees
05-08-2017, 07:57 AM

Totally assuming she means a full size indoor arena would be a great asset for the club.

Great interview.

H18 SFR
05-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Totally assuming she means a full size indoor arena would be a great asset for the club.

Great interview.

That got my mouth watering. I've been wondering since last night if she means one for training purposes (say a 3/4 pitch) or a full size pitch like Oriam.

JimBHibees
05-08-2017, 08:49 AM
That got my mouth watering. I've been wondering since last night if she means one for training purposes (say a 3/4 pitch) or a full size pitch like Oriam.

Wouldn't make much sense not to have a full size pitch.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Good interview, but then when isn't it when Leeann speaks ...... love the vision for the club the backroom team have, not least the recognition that the connect between club and fans is so vital to us going forward.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the wee dig at Hearts when she was talking about improving the facilities at East Mains ..... Its important to the club to have a facility we can use 'when we want' :greengrin

jacomo
05-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Great stuff.

Fascinating how much focus is away from the first team. Almost goes without saying these days that Hibs will back the manager to put the best possible squad together - and then support them with the best in terms of sports science, analysis etc.

LD has achieved a huge amount in 3 years. It has been an extraordinary time and it has been enjoyable.

But she did seem quite flat and tired. I think she needs (and certainly deserves) a holiday!

Sir David Gray
05-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Good interview, but then when isn't it when Leeann speaks ...... love the vision for the club the backroom team have, not least the recognition that the connect between club and fans is so vital to us going forward.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the wee dig at Hearts when she was talking about improving the facilities at East Mains ..... Its important to the club to have a facility we can use 'when we want' :greengrin

Subtle but still clear what she meant.

I think saying "We need a facility that we can use when we want instead of having to get the all clear first from the 3rd year women's field hockey team." whilst still accurate, would possibly have been a bit too much!

KSA Hibee
05-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Tremendous to listen to .... you get the impression our back room team in place are " unlikely to forget to order the seats" :na na:

hibby6270
05-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Inspiring interview.:greengrin

If the pre season signings haven't been enough to whet everyone's appetite for the season ahead, then listening to Leeann talk with such enthusiasm will definitely raise the spirits of every Hibby once they've watched the interview.

We're in good hands. We have a plan. Let's implement it and stop worrying about what's going on across the city or anywhere else for that matter. Our future destiny is influenced by what WE do, not what others do.

Phil MaGlass
05-08-2017, 10:39 AM
great interview. would be nice to maybe find an interested big name sponsor to build the new indoor facility?