PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STIRLING AND CRANE HEAD OUT ON LOAN

RSS Bot
04-08-2017, 04:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7749)

Mibbes Aye
04-08-2017, 04:42 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7749)

Liked the look of Ben, when I've seen him. Plays with his head up, sounds silly, but he looks like he has more game awareness than others on the pitch. The last homegrown player I remember like that was Kevin Thomson, when he first broke through. Hopefully this is the making of him and he comes back ready to challenge for a squad place.

I've liked the look of Callum too but he's at the stage where he really needs to be challenging for contention and that's simply not been happening. Wish him well but wouldn't be shocked if he never plays for the first team again. Obviously it would be great if he has a stormer on loan, really steps up and it's a no-brainer to bring him back but time isn't on his side.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Liked the look of Ben, when I've seen him. Plays with his head up, sounds silly, but he looks like he has more game awareness than others on the pitch. The last homegrown player I remember like that was Kevin Thomson, when he first broke through. Hopefully this is the making of him and he comes back ready to challenge for a squad place.

I've liked the look of Callum too but he's at the stage where he really needs to be challenging for contention and that's simply not been happening. Wish him well but wouldn't be shocked if he never plays for the first team again. Obviously it would be great if he has a stormer on loan, really steps up and it's a no-brainer to bring him back but time isn't on his side.
Ben needs to find a permanent position to play, and stick to it

3pm
04-08-2017, 05:22 PM

Do you think he has a chance Billy? I watched him in midfield a few times and thought he looked very promising.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Do you think he has a chance Billy? I watched him in midfield a few times and thought he looked very promising.

Sure has. Coming up for 19 this month, so still young. Ben has played everywhere across the back 4/5 and in midfield, and comfortable as well. As I said, not sure he's eventually going to end up playing

3pm
04-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Sure has. Coming up for 19 this month, so still young. Ben has played everywhere across the back 4/5 and in midfield, and comfortable as well. As I said, not sure he's eventually going to end up playing

First time I watched him was 2 years ago against Tranent. He strolled it.

hibsbollah
04-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Im not sure what Callum is going to learn working under Jim Goodwin at Alloa, except how to get multiple suspensions and generally be a tit on the pitch. So is Whitty the cover for Lewis at LB now?

Mibbes Aye
04-08-2017, 05:50 PM

I've seen him a few times but not nearly enough to know his game in the way the staff will.

For me he looked more of a midfielder than a centre-half, but a deep-lying midfielder. If we do go with three at the back then I would hope to see him developing into the role I hope Whitty plays for us, playmaking from deep, in front of the defenders.

It's a big ask though, players able to perform that role come along rarely.

Borderhibbie76
04-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Im not sure what Callum is going to learn working under Jim Goodwin at Alloa, except how to get multiple suspensions and generally be a tit on the pitch. So is Whitty the cover for Lewis at LB now?Either Whitty or Hanlon can play there too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
04-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Im not sure what Callum is going to learn working under Jim Goodwin at Alloa, except how to get multiple suspensions and generally be a tit on the pitch. So is Whitty the cover for Lewis at LB now?

If we play three CHs then Whitty is the cover as WB, you've got to imagine. Potential fallback with putting Boyle on the left as an attacking set-up but against stronger teams you just wouldn't.

Arguably Hanlon could do it. He's been asked to play LB, RB and midfield and shows the necessary positional discipline, while not being entirely comfortable out of position.

If we play four at the back then it's the same story, Whitts or Hanlon as cover. Not particularly happy with either, as I would like to see Whittaker in the midfield and Hanlon deserves to be at CH.

I guess it tells its own story about how Lennon views Crane.

Can't remember who was next up for LB in the dev squad.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2017, 06:12 PM

Apart from the highly unlikely chances of Jim Goodwin developing a cultured footballer I cant see how its going to be of benefit to Callum Crane to play in league 1 for 6 months ..... having seen him play a few times IMO he should surely be farmed out to a championship club ... though I appreciate that might not be possible. I cant say I'm thrilled about any of our youngsters playing regularly on what passes for a pitch at Alloa either.

I don't know anything about Stirling so I cant comment, but it has to be said that if NL isn't confident that Callum Crane is ready at 21 years old to act as back up for Stevenson exactly when will we be confident in his ability?

IAmLee
04-08-2017, 06:13 PM
If we play three CHs then Whitty is the cover as WB, you've got to imagine. Potential fallback with putting Boyle on the left as an attacking set-up but against stronger teams you just wouldn't.

Arguably Hanlon could do it. He's been asked to play LB, RB and midfield and shows the necessary positional discipline, while not being entirely comfortable out of position.

If we play four at the back then it's the same story, Whitts or Hanlon as cover. Not particularly happy with either, as I would like to see Whittaker in the midfield and Hanlon deserves to be at CH.

I guess it tells its own story about how Lennon views Crane.

Can't remember who was next up for LB in the dev squad.

Sean Mackie. He's also away out on loan (Berwick I think?) I agree with you in that I think Lennon doesn't fancy Callum as a player. Tbf I think that was loud & clear when he chose to play Hanlon out of position over him when Lewie got suspended! Its a shame cos he's never looked bad when I'm seen him & certainly offers more attacking wise than Lewis but the manager sees him every day so he'll know better!!!

Big_Franck
04-08-2017, 06:27 PM
If Crane is still being loaned out to lower league teams at 21 I doubt he's going to make it at Hibs. Suppose you never know though, this loan move could be the making of him.

Only seen Stirling play once and he was quite good. Be good experience for him at a young age playing for Cowdenbeath.

Mibbes Aye
04-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Sean Mackie. He's also away out on loan (Berwick I think?) I agree with you in that I think Lennon doesn't fancy Callum as a player. Tbf I think that was loud & clear when he chose to play Hanlon out of position over him when Lewie got suspended! Its a shame cos he's never looked bad when I'm seen him & certainly offers more attacking wise than Lewis but the manager sees him every day so he'll know better!!!

:agree:

Agree with all of that. Callum is a busy player who isn't afraid of getting forward but if he's getting sent out at 21 then it doesn't look like Lennon fancies him.

Can't believe I forgot about Sean Mackie. He looked like a prospect when we signed him but obviously still developing. I imagine we would be thinking of pulling him back soon if the manager thinks he has a future at our level.

cammy1969
04-08-2017, 07:08 PM
I've seen him a few times but not nearly enough to know his game in the way the staff will.

For me he looked more of a midfielder than a centre-half, but a deep-lying midfielder. If we do go with three at the back then I would hope to see him developing into the role I hope Whitty plays for us, playmaking from deep, in front of the defenders.

It's a big ask though, players able to perform that role come along rarely.

Out of intrest m8 who would u leave out of the midfield to play whits in midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastcoasthibby
04-08-2017, 07:25 PM
I have to admit Crane going out on loan is a make or I reckon, he will get regular football at Alloa which will show if he can up his game. Personally, while Crane has a decent left foot and not a bad footballer, I think he just lacks something, maybe its height and too one footed, Lewis being that way, maybe NL is looking for a new Left back with the broader all round attributes to start challenging Lewis as Crane hasn't come through as hoped.
Good luck to Ben at Cowdenbeath, hope its,the development move he needs.