PDA

View Full Version : Question Unfurling of the flag?

RoxburghHibs
04-08-2017, 12:10 PM
What time will the unfurling of the flag happen on Saturday? Anyone on here know?

:flag:

thorbs
04-08-2017, 12:18 PM
What time will the unfurling of the flag happen on Saturday? Anyone on here know?

Just before kick off I would imagine so all the players can be applauded on the pitch.

Carheenlea
04-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Just stick it up today - rather have no fuss and ceremony. Players and fans enjoyed a celebration at end of last season, and I'd happily just get going with the new campaign without any fanfare. There will be a rousing welcome as the players take to the field anyway.

Northernhibee
04-08-2017, 02:23 PM
I only want to hear the Scottish Cup is in the bag
We're going to win the league next year and lift the Scottish flag

CropleyWasGod
04-08-2017, 03:02 PM
I only want to hear the Scottish Cup is in the bag
We're going to win the league next year and lift the Scottish flag

I was reading Volume 2 of Lugton's book last week.

The last time we won the Cup, we won the Championship the following season. :agree:

Hibbyradge
04-08-2017, 03:50 PM
I was reading Volume 2 of Lugton's book last week.

The last time we won the Cup, we won the Championship the following season. :agree:

Same as 21 May 2016.

We won the Championship the next season.

CropleyWasGod
04-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Same as 21 May 2016.

We won the Championship the next season.

That was my point :greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
04-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Just stick it up today - rather have no fuss and ceremony. Players and fans enjoyed a celebration at end of last season, and I'd happily just get going with the new campaign without any fanfare. There will be a rousing welcome as the players take to the field anyway.

The SPFL will require that Champions have a flag unfurling/ceremony
Sponsors/Media/Publicity reasons too.
And the Club itself will want to record it.
Don't recall any champions in any league not doing it in the past.
Also, it will be a nice event for those who want to record on camera and the kids will love it.

Me too!!

There were a few occasions last season when some thought we wouldn't win it !!

Nakedmanoncrack
04-08-2017, 04:37 PM
No recollection of flag unfurling last time we were promoted, presumably it happened though.

Mick O'Rourke
04-08-2017, 04:39 PM
No recollection of flag unfurling last time we were promoted, presumably it happened though.

Countless games in my youth i have no recollection of (hic)
They happened though !

Be nice to see all the fans in their shiny new tops, and i guess there will a lot of flag waving in the stands.

Lets hope the Sun shines tomorrow

SingaporeHibs
04-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Let's just go win the league🇳🇬Here we go, 2 in a row...

Centre Hawf
04-08-2017, 05:13 PM
I dont get the whole "just get on with it" attitude to celebrating our championship win. We won something for the second season in a row. In the modern times of Scottish Football anyone outside of Celtic will struggle to do that so lets just enjoy it because who knows if we'll get the chance to celebrate another trophy any time soon.

eezyrider
04-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Tom Hart had the right idea. Fold the flag up and stick it in the back of a drawer as celebrating a lower league win was beneath Hibs.

EZ

Glory Lurker
04-08-2017, 06:47 PM
I want to see the flag for the spectacle. After that, I never want to see it happen ever again.

BoltonHibee
04-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Tom Hart had the right idea. Fold the flag up and stick it in the back of a drawer as celebrating a lower league win was beneath Hibs.

EZ

As it should be, do we really want reminded of that league??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
04-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Some peoples attitude towards this is very strange. I for one am looking forward to it.

hibee_girl
04-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Some peoples attitude towards this is very strange. I for one am looking forward to it.

:agree:

Same here, it's not exactly something we'll see often!

hibee_girl
04-08-2017, 07:44 PM
https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/893557729926795264

Get to your seats 5 minutes early tomorrow - the club will be presented with the Ladbrokes Championship flag ahead of kick off.

Carheenlea
04-08-2017, 07:49 PM
:agree:

Same here, it's not exactly something we'll see often!

Here's hoping! This will be my third, and hopefully the last.

hfc rd
04-08-2017, 08:23 PM

Me too.

I wonder who is going to unfurl the flag? I personally hope it is Leeann Dempster. Been an absolute revelation and one of the best signings we've made in years!

Hibeewilly
04-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Me too.

I wonder who is going to unfurl the flag? I personally hope it is Leeann Dempster. Been an absolute revelation and one of the best signings we've made in years!
Hopefully our chairman will unfurl it and fully deserved too:flag:

05-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Good way to mark our return to the premier league and to mark the end of our championship days, hopefully a league we never return to again.

No huge pomp and ceremony needed but its a nice symbolic way to mark the return of this club and the rebirth of this club with hopefully more success to come.

We are the hibees and we are back where we belong :flag:

05-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Me too.

Leeann Dempster would 100% be my choice to do it. She has had a huge part to play in getting this club back to where we belong, it would be very fitting for her to unfurl the flag and symbol us being back in the top flight.

The_Todd
05-08-2017, 08:18 AM
I've said it elsewhere, the people who took us down (Butcher, his rank rotten squad of journeymen) aren't here anymore. The people who got us back up (Dempster, Lennon and the current squad) need the credit for getting us back. I'm not saying make a huge fuss but I'm not going to deprive them of the five minutes of flag unfurling which signifies our success last year. I don't get this ignoring it or hoping it doesn't happen nonsense.

Celebrate it and let's make sure we never have to celebrate it again.

05-08-2017, 08:26 AM
I've said it elsewhere, the people who took us down (Butcher, his rank rotten squad of journeymen) aren't here anymore. The people who got us back up (Dempster, Lennon and the current squad) need the credit for getting us back. I'm not saying make a huge fuss but I'm not going to deprive them of the five minutes of flag unfurling which signifies our success last year. I don't get this ignoring it or hoping it doesn't happen nonsense.

Celebrate it and let's make sure we never have to celebrate it again.

:top marks