PDA

View Full Version : Access to West Stand from Meadowbank Retail Park

green day
04-08-2017, 09:42 AM
So, the only advantage I can see from the seasons in the pishy Championship was that I could pick my dad up, park at Sainsburys Meadowbank and walk past Lawrie Reilly place, past the away end and into the West - takes 3 or 4 mins.

That was all well and good when we played diddy teams with miniscule away supports - but whats going to happen this season?

At the Sunderland match the gates to Albion Road were open pre match and shut post match.

Does anyone know if this will be common, or only at big matches - Hearts, Celtic and Sevco?

Walking round the long way not a problem for me, but my old man is struggling a bit with mobility.

h185forever
04-08-2017, 09:54 AM
The gates are closed for the big matches.

Could you or your dad not apply for a blue badge and you'd be able to park in St Clair St on match days

green day
04-08-2017, 11:34 AM
The gates are closed for the big matches.

Could you or your dad not apply for a blue badge and you'd be able to park in St Clair St on match days

Aye, hes got one but to be honest access to and leaving from St Clair is a bit of a faff.

Cheers

hibeg
04-08-2017, 04:57 PM
If your facing Sainsbury's, is the access road to the stadium on the right hand side by the flats ? :confused:
I never knew about this before and it sounds great for missing the traffic.

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 05:03 PM
If your facing Sainsbury's, is the access road to the stadium on the right hand side by the flats ? :confused:

hibee_girl
04-08-2017, 05:10 PM

If you leave Sainsbury's and turn left, at the end of that street there's a pathway which brings you out onto Lawrie Reilly Place, 2 minutes away from the west stand.

Saturday Boy
04-08-2017, 05:11 PM
I wish people would stop giving away the secret shortcuts 😉

pacoluna
04-08-2017, 05:22 PM
I got a ticket for parking my car there and not using facilities within the retail park, doubled up with the fact I was there for just under two hours when supposedly you can only park for an hour. I had been doing it all season without any problem. I got the ticket after the cup tie against hearts.. Coincidence?

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2017, 05:29 PM
I got a ticket for parking my car there and not using facilities within the retail park, doubled up with the fact I was there for just under two hours when supposedly you can only park for an hour. I had been doing it all season without any problem. I got the ticket after the cup tie against hearts.. Coincidence?

You didn't pay it though? Not legally enforceable in Scotland I believe.

The_Exile
04-08-2017, 05:34 PM
A great wee short cut, although I never used it when playing Sevco and Hearts, bit too close to the away end for my liking during these games.

kaimendhibs
04-08-2017, 05:35 PM
I got a ticket for parking my car there and not using facilities within the retail park, doubled up with the fact I was there for just under two hours when supposedly you can only park for an hour. I had been doing it all season without any problem. I got the ticket after the cup tie against hearts.. Coincidence?You can park in Sainsburys for 4 hours

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
04-08-2017, 05:36 PM
You can park in Sainsburys for 4 hours

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkExcept tomorrow. Only 20 mins max [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AltheHibby
04-08-2017, 05:40 PM
You didn't pay it though? Not legally enforceable in Scotland I believe.

They are enforceable. But only if you tell them who the driver is, they take a punt at court, and you don't defend yourself properly. Best to totally ignore.

chrisski33
04-08-2017, 06:13 PM

They cant enforce the fine as its private! I thought tge car parking was up to 4hours free tbh

eezyrider
04-08-2017, 06:31 PM
They are enforceable. But only if you tell them who the driver is, they take a punt at court, and you don't defend yourself properly. Best to totally ignore.

I've never heard of any successful prosecutions in Scotland. I know a few people who have had these and all have ignored them. Apart from threatening letters no action has been taken against any of them.

EZ

offshorehibby
04-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Is that still a pedestrian bridge only or is it open to traffic now.

JimBHibees
04-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Is that still a pedestrian bridge only or is it open to traffic now.

It is only a path from the retail park to the ground.

CapitalGreen
04-08-2017, 07:23 PM
How often is the gate open at the South end of the East stand?

hibee_girl
04-08-2017, 07:24 PM
How often is the gate open at the South end of the East stand?

I think it's just whenever we have home fans in the south stand.

ColinNish
04-08-2017, 07:38 PM
I've never heard of any successful prosecutions in Scotland. I know a few people who have had these and all have ignored them. Apart from threatening letters no action has been taken against any of them.

EZ

Geezer in Glasgow got done for it and a lassie in Dundee.

CapitalGreen
04-08-2017, 07:40 PM
I think it's just whenever we have home fans in the south stand.

Hopefully a lot this season then.

eezyrider
04-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Geezer in Glasgow got done for it and a lassie in Dundee.

I've been searching the web for the last hour and I've never seen a reference to this. Got a link to anything to confirm?

I'm not saying it's not true it's just that it's only happened a couple of times in England (the demand letters people, get reference the cases) and they made the press.

EZ

Jumbo
04-08-2017, 08:33 PM
I've been searching the web for the last hour and I've never seen a reference to this. Got a link to anything to confirm?

I'm not saying it's not true it's just that it's only happened a couple of times in England (the demand letters people, get reference the cases) and they made the press.

EZ

The lassie in Dundee got done as she had a ridiculous amount of tickets for same location, was certainly hundreds and may have been more !

Andy74
04-08-2017, 08:38 PM
The lassie in Dundee got done as she had a ridiculous amount of tickets for same location, was certainly hundreds and may have been more !

It's not about getting done. These tickets aren't fines from police or local authorities. Any court action is based on a breach of your contract when agreeing to park in their facility.

eezyrider
04-08-2017, 08:39 PM

Found it now :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/03/britains-biggest-parking-fine-motorist-told-must-pay-24500-ignored/

EZ