PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SOUTH STAND OPEN FOR SALE ON SATURDAY (Merged)

RSS Bot
04-08-2017, 09:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7748)

Hibbyradge
04-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Hibs seem to be opening the South Stand to Hibs fans, section by section, and a good number of seats have gone in the last few minutes.

I doubt there will be anything available for walk ups given the close proximity to the away support.

Has there been an announcement about potential Pay at the Gate arrangements?

hibee_girl
04-08-2017, 09:23 AM
in the statement about the south stand Hibs say they'll make further announcements later today regarding match day sales

Hibbyradge
04-08-2017, 09:28 AM
in the statement about the south stand Hibs say they'll make further announcements later today regarding match day sales

Yeah I just saw that. Maybe tickets will be on sale at the office until a given time on Saturday morning.

I wouldn't take the chance, to be honest.

Ringothedog
04-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Yeah I just saw that. Maybe tickets will be on sale at the office until a given time on Saturday morning.

I wouldn't take the chance, to be honest.

They can sell them at the east stand "pod " as access to the south will be at the east stand side of the ground

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Finally!

:greengrin

Albanian Hibs
04-08-2017, 09:38 AM
What restricted view tickets are there???

Michael
04-08-2017, 09:40 AM
"South Stand tickets are now available, adn we would encourage Hibernian supporters to purchase early to avoid missing out. "

Come on Hibs! Standards slipping!

18Hibee75
04-08-2017, 09:43 AM
South stand:
Section 26 - 342 tickets left
West stand:
Section 2 - 5 tickets left
Section 7 - 1 ticket left
Total = 348 tickets (for now)

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
04-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Maybe a couple of fans who bought XXXXL tops have also bought season tickets and the seats behind them now have to be classed as restricted view?!

Other than that I cant think of anywhere in the stadium that this would be the case. Never seen it mentioned on the website before. :confused:

RoYO!
04-08-2017, 09:45 AM

I was surprised to read that too.

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Whether nor not there's PATG surely depends on whether the South is sold out before tomorrow.

I know it's unlikely we'll sell another 1,500 tickets today but you never know.

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 09:49 AM

Behind the Dugouts?

:dunno:

Or maybe we've done what big teams do, and put a ruddy great police box in front of the Main Stand and blocked the view of a cupl of hundred seats.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Ticket office is horrendous to get through to. Called and selected the wrong option after waiting for 10 mins and now it disconnects after ringing for about 30 seconds.

got 2 tickets for the west but looking to get a third so move to the south

Baw187
04-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Are front row seats not classed as restricted view? Just a guess.

MurrayfieldHibs
04-08-2017, 09:56 AM
My seat behind big Frank :greengrin

Onceinawhile
04-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Are front row seats not classed as restricted view? Just a guess.

They used to be as they were below the pitch (before it was levelled) but that's not the case now.

Hibs1969
04-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Ticket office is horrendous to get through to. Called and selected the wrong option after waiting for 10 mins and now it disconnects after ringing for about 30 seconds.

got 2 tickets for the west but looking to get a third so move to the south

I tried 17 times yesterday from 2pm until 5pm with a query about season tickets and like you got cut off after 1 minute every time. It seems like the demand for tickets is overwhelming the staff in the ticket office. I eventually ended up just buying another ticket online.

BroxburnHibee
04-08-2017, 10:16 AM
They'll sell tickets from the East Stand pod. Town is heaving with tourists. Bound to be a curious few who try to take in the game. Even those from York :tee hee:

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-08-2017, 10:20 AM
I tried 17 times yesterday from 2pm until 5pm with a query about season tickets and like you got cut off after 1 minute every time. It seems like the demand for tickets is overwhelming the staff in the ticket office. I eventually ended up just buying another ticket online.

So annoying but such is life I guess.
Finally managed to get through. I #Persevered and now havemy three seats in the south. Its my little girls first game so I’m buzzing forthat

Big_Franck
04-08-2017, 10:31 AM
My seat behind big Frank :greengrin

Cheeky git :tsk tsk:

MurrayfieldHibs
04-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Cheeky git :tsk tsk:

:na na:

kevo1875
04-08-2017, 10:39 AM

Some of the seats in row DD in west upper are classed as restricted view due to the safety bars at the entrance and exit to the concourse being in eyeline

Hibee87
04-08-2017, 10:39 AM
They can sell them at the east stand "pod " as access to the south will be at the east stand side of the groundDo you mean Hibs fan will need to walk along behind the east stand and go straight through to the south from there?
Ive never been to a game where this has happened, and with that new tent pub would it not be blocking the gates anyway?

Whenever I have sat in the south you walk round the same way as the away fans. Other then the obvious teams segregation outside the ground is not really needed.

BroxburnHibee
04-08-2017, 10:45 AM

There are some near the stairwells in the west upper.

I bought them for the Dundee Utd game early this year. Its hardly restricted though just a metal railing in your eyeline at times.

Nothing near as bad as the pillars in the old East.

Ringothedog
04-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Do you mean Hibs fan will need to walk along behind the east stand and go straight through to the south from there?
Ive never been to a game where this has happened, and with that new tent pub would it not be blocking the gates anyway?

Whenever I have sat in the south you walk round the same way as the away fans. Other then the obvious teams segregation outside the ground is not really needed.
Yes, access to our part of the south stand will be by going round by the east

Hibee87
04-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Yes, access to our part of the south stand will be by going round by the eastIs this fact or just your opinion? Genuine question as I have never seen that happen (but as stated ive only sat there a few times i.e hibs kids games) but never had to do this. And I still think the beer tent would be in the way :confused:

hibbysam
04-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Is this fact or just your opinion? Genuine question as I have never seen that happen (but as stated ive only sat there a few times i.e hibs kids games) but never had to do this. And I still think the beer tent would be in the way :confused:

It was the case for the last game of the season. I'd be amazed if it wasn't the case on Saturday.

Since90+2
04-08-2017, 12:26 PM
There is access to the south stand from the end of the east , ive walked through it about half a dozen times after games.

Hibee87
04-08-2017, 12:27 PM
It was the case for the last game of the season. I'd be amazed if it wasn't the case on Saturday.

Fair enough, never knew that. Cheers :thumbsup:

Keith_M
04-08-2017, 12:52 PM
I'd be surprised if they didn't allow Hibs Fans to just access the South Stand via Albion Road, along with the Thistle Fans.

I've never known there to be any trouble between us and Thistle Supporters.

hibbysam
04-08-2017, 12:54 PM
I'd be surprised if they didn't allow Hibs Fans to just access the South Stand via Albion Road, along with the Thistle Fans.

That's true, but its sometimes cheaper (Policing) and easier just to keep all Hibs fans going in one way.

Hibee87
04-08-2017, 12:55 PM

I've never known there to be any trouble between us and Thistle Supporters. That was what I was trying to get at. If they do open the gate and the Bar aint the way at the east fair enough, it would make it easier for people coming from that side instead of walking all they war around, but I dont see why or even how they could stop anyone going via Albion road.

Northernhibee
04-08-2017, 12:58 PM
There's a beautiful symmetry to this. We sold seats in the South for the game vs Hamilton. Three years later we're back, selling out the south stand as well but with hope, optimism and a great team on the pitch. We've got the Scottish cup in our recent memory and we're ready to get back to where we belong.

JimBHibees
04-08-2017, 02:06 PM

I am sure they will as well as via the East.

Pete
04-08-2017, 02:27 PM

Maybe we're building one of those police boxes like they have at Tynecastle.

Moulin Yarns
04-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Maybe we're building one of those police boxes like they have at Tynecastle.

A Turdis??

fat freddy
04-08-2017, 02:39 PM
A limited amount of platinum tickets for seats in the corridor outside the police control office are being made available in the event of a sell out. £100 nominal fee guarantees the opportunity to purchase once they are released.

DickieDastardly
04-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Some of the seats in row DD in west upper are classed as restricted view due to the safety bars at the entrance and exit to the concourse being in eyeline

Bang on, got four of those as season tickets many years ago when moving from the east to the west; at that point they weren't classified as restricted view but they were hopeless, complained to the club and they did an excellent job of relocating myself and the family to some great seats.

:aok:

hibsdaft
04-08-2017, 06:30 PM

a Hibs bus got its windows tanned in at Firhill in the early 90s. no trouble since then that i'm aware of though.

cammy1969
04-08-2017, 07:13 PM
a Hibs bus got its windows tanned in at Firhill in the early 90s. no trouble since then that i'm aware of though.

I can remember late 80s or early 90s our bus was parked close to some flats and they we're throwing plates and cups at us lol unbelievable you couldn't make it up mental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk