PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie Signs for Dundee United

makaveli1875
04-08-2017, 08:52 AM
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-complete-signing-fraser-fyvie-deal-initially-stalled/

aljo7-0
04-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Good signing for them. I think they will win the automatic promotion spot

SirDavidsNapper
04-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Good signing at that level.

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Championship player, found his level

keep the faith
04-08-2017, 08:58 AM

Absolute rubbish.

Vault Boy
04-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Good luck Fraser. Cup winning legend and certainly capable of playing in the top flight.

CapitalGreen
04-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Good luck you legend

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/07/nintchdbpict000237224521.jpg?strip=all&w=638&quality=100

Johnny Clash
04-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Very good signing for them. It would be incredible if they don't win that league with the squad they now have.

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Good luck Fraser. We're going to miss your backwards and sideways passing that nobody else in world football can do.

The ginger Pirlo. I'll hold a vigil for you tonight! Will be sadly missed.

Carheenlea
04-08-2017, 09:02 AM
When he was good, he was very good. But by the same token he could have some absolutely awful performances, but the thing that impressed me on those occasions was that he never hid, still tried to impose himself on the game and make the passes despite nothing coming off for him.
I liked him at Hibs but Dundee Utd could be a good fit for him. Wherever his career takes him, there will always be a warm welcome for Fraser Fyvie at ER.

The_Todd
04-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Good luck to the lad. Wouldn't have minded bringing him back but it's a good move for him. :aok:

Super_JMcGinn
04-08-2017, 09:04 AM
When he was good, he was very good. But by the same token he could have some absolutely awful performances, but the thing that impressed me on those occasions was that he never hid, still tried to impose himself on the game and make the passes despite nothing coming off for him.
I liked him at Hibs but Dundee Utd could be a good fit for him. Wherever his career takes him, there will always be a warm welcome for Fraser Fyvie at ER.

Totally agree with that. Good luck in your career Fraser, Hibernian legend forevermore.

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Very good signing for them. It would be incredible if they don't win that league with the squad they now have.
What players have they signed apart from Fyvie, Keatings and Stanton? Genuine question as I haven't paid attention.

I wouldnt be so sure about that anyway. Keatings wasn't good enough to hold down a starting spot at his last 2 clubs, Stanton was deemed not good enough for a team going for promotion and Fyvie was part of a team that huffed and puffed for years at that level.

SquashedFrogg
04-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Good luck Fraser. We're going to miss your backwards and sideways passing that nobody else in world football can do.

Watch the cup final again. Clueless :rolleyes:

stoneyburn hibs
04-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Still a wee bit gutted he's left, good luck Fraser.

Big_Franck
04-08-2017, 09:08 AM

No real need for that. Fyvie is a Hibs Scottish Cup winning legend. He always appeared to give his all for Hibs, even when it wasn't coming off for him. Played a big part in our run to and win on the best day of my life supporting Hibs.

Good luck Fraser :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Good luck to him. Will be back in the top flight with United next season I think. His choice not to sign on again with us. I suspect that the offer from United is less than we would have paid him but that's his gamble gone awry.

CallumLaidlaw
04-08-2017, 09:13 AM
What players have they signed apart from Fyvie, Keatings and Stanton? Genuine question as I haven't paid attention.

I wouldnt be so sure about that anyway. Keatings wasn't good enough to hold down a starting spot at his last 2 clubs, Stanton was deemed not good enough for a team going for promotion and Fyvie was part of a team that huffed and puffed for years at that level.

Scott McDonald, Paul McMullan (ex celtic winger who was at the Pars last season), Tam Scobbie, Billy King, and a couple of lads from Dutch football.

RossScott1991
04-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Cup winning legend. Good signing for Dundee Utd.

Fraser is a silly boy way he left it with us and will regret that. Should have signed the deal fraser. Not a great loss, looking for abit more from the midfield this year in terms of goals and assists, fraser was never a great provider of these.

Good luck to him.

oneone73
04-08-2017, 09:14 AM
Good luck Fraser

Jones28
04-08-2017, 09:14 AM

Pish

Jones28
04-08-2017, 09:15 AM

More pish

Borderhibbie76
04-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Good Luck Fraser ...a cup winning legend and always welcome back at ER...silly boy now for not accepting that contract offer tho...I don't rate him as highly as some in here and find it strange how he is now stuck atq championship level for a 3rd full season, many in here told us if he left it would be for a top 4 prem side. However he always gave 100% and never hid, just think we need more forward thinking and creativity from our midfield this season and we can't play both him and Bartley in same side...and Marv is better at the destroyer role imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
04-08-2017, 09:20 AM

Piss poor

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Piss poor
Piss poor is harsh. Average is more accurate Imo

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Scott McDonald, Paul McMullan (ex celtic winger who was at the Pars last season), Tam Scobbie, Billy King, and a couple of lads from Dutch football.
Some decent Championship players there to be fair. Should easily make the play offs again

makaveli1875
I think he was way over rated on here but i still thought he could do a job in the prem , decent signing for united

Viva_Palmeiras

You must be up for a prize for that one.

Andy74
04-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Absolute rubbish.

It is his 4th season in a row playing at championship level and despite being free he wasn't signed by a top league team, so although the wording may have been a bit harsh, he is a championship level player just now.

hibbytam
04-08-2017, 09:28 AM

Watch this again (any excuse to)

https://youtu.be/IbzVjz6yw2k?t=23m55s

Check who's managed to win this corner

or here

https://youtu.be/IbzVjz6yw2k?t=26m9s

check the player forcing the play forward in the 91st minute.

Just being on the pitch that day makes him a legend, which is only added to by his key contribution to 2 of the goals. I wish him well, and I'd hope all other hibs fans would.

al1875
04-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Good luck you legend

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/07/nintchdbpict000237224521.jpg?strip=all&w=638&quality=100

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/aok.gif

berwickhibee
04-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Neil lennon decided that we didnt need him. Thats good enough for me. Good luck fraser,always liked you in the hibs team and your performance in the cup final was superb. On another note,dundee utd throwing a bit of cash at promotion this season. Sure their finances werent great the last few seasons. They need to get up, but as we all know it wont be easy with falkirk.inverness.st mirren and dunfermline in there.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Legend. The end.

04-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Good luck Fraser. Don’t see the point in the sniping at him.

Mikey09
04-08-2017, 09:44 AM

And in one post you confirm to the entire forum you are completely clueless about football.

Salt N Sauzee
04-08-2017, 09:46 AM

Slaver.

Just because he doesn't do step overs and scores goals doesn't mean he wasn't an effective player for us. Clueless.

IAmLee
04-08-2017, 09:49 AM

Absolute rubbish!! Fraser was 3rd in the league last year for most through balls and passes into the final third!! He also played more passes per 90mins than any other midfielder in the league and had an 83.76% pass completion rate!! (source http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/dundee-united/5-reasons-why-fraser-fyvie-is-a-great-signing-for-dundee-united-1-4490746). He was a good player for us and I personally thought we always looked a better team with him in it, hopefully Dylan will stay fit enough to take over that mantle this season!!

Isaac_Refvik
04-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Good luck to him. A fine player when free of injury.
His contribution in the last 10 minutes of the Cup Final went a long way to helping us lift the Cup.
I will always be grateful to him for that.

DarrenSQH
04-08-2017, 09:51 AM
wish we had kept him. Good luck

portyhibernian
04-08-2017, 09:59 AM
A good player on his day, had some good, bad and indifferent games for us while here, but a good enough signing for a Dundee United team looking to be promoted this season. Thankful for his part in our cup win, all the best to him.

Carheenlea
04-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Piss poor is harsh. Average is more accurate Imo

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-08-2017, 10:03 AM

Best post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
04-08-2017, 10:04 AM
rated Fyvie a lot - wish him well - could be the last piece of the United puzzle..if they can score enough goals , looks like the might have the squad to go up...

SunshineOnLeith
04-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Good luck you legend

Stokes aside, he was the best player on the pitch. Legend.

Allant1981
04-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Neil lennon decided that we didnt need him. Thats good enough for me. Good luck fraser,always liked you in the hibs team and your performance in the cup final was superb. On another note,dundee utd throwing a bit of cash at promotion this season. Sure their finances werent great the last few seasons. They need to get up, but as we all know it wont be easy with falkirk.inverness.st mirren and dunfermline in there.

we offered him a contract though

Stoney Hibee
04-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Watch this again (any excuse to)

https://youtu.be/IbzVjz6yw2k?t=23m55s

Check who's managed to win this corner

or here

https://youtu.be/IbzVjz6yw2k?t=26m9s

check the player forcing the play forward in the 91st minute.

Just being on the pitch that day makes him a legend, which is only added to by his key contribution to 2 of the goals. I wish him well, and I'd hope all other hibs fans would.

:agree::thumbsup:

bigwheel
04-08-2017, 10:09 AM

sums it up perfectly for me - often underrated

Super_JMcGinn
04-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Stokes aside, he was the best player on the pitch. Legend.

Not over 90 minutes he wasn't, nowhere near it imo. Served us well while he was here but not the player some make him out to be, I think we'll do better without him especially if Dylan stays fit.

GreenCastle
04-08-2017, 10:17 AM

Scottish's Cup Winner and legend - I wish that was my level !

Good luck to the guy - glad he isn't going to a team in our league and shame as I would have liked to have kept him.

berwickhibee
04-08-2017, 10:17 AM
we offered him a contract though
We did,then we decided we didnt want him anymore, with slivka signing.

Beefster
04-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Legend. The end.

In a nutshell.

hibsmad
04-08-2017, 10:21 AM
A couple of real classy posts on this thread.

The guys a hero and should be treated with respect. However I'm sure 99.9% of Hibs fans would. If I ever meet him I'll shake his hand and thank him.

All the best Fraser!

Allant1981
04-08-2017, 10:22 AM

no he was given a deadline to sign it and he didnt so it was quite rightly taken off the table, was nothing to do with slivka

pacoluna
04-08-2017, 10:23 AM

Not that impressive then.

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Stand by my post. No need for the outcry on here for a player who was distinctly average.

2 points I'd like to make.

1. If he was so good, why didn't he sign for Aberdeen? He was training with them.

2. If all you can remember from a player is when he once won a corner and played a ball out wide so that another player could do the hard part then he clearly wasn't that memorable.

Thanks Fyvie, clearly above most of the Championship players but you'd be a backup player here now at best and it's best for both parties that you've moved on.

Steve20
04-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Would have liked to have kept him. Better than Bartley in my opinion. Always amazed me that people didn't see how much Fyvie did for the team.

HibeesLittleHel
04-08-2017, 10:36 AM
This ....

Elephant Stone
04-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Slivka and Fyvie would appear to be in different leagues. Literally as well. Delighted to have him and Bartley competing for DM.

matty_f
04-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Scottish Cup winner and Championship winner.

First one alone makes him a legend, imho.

Good luck at United, Fraser.

GoalsMcGinley
04-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Attitude of some Hibs fans never seems to astound me. Utter garbage some folk are writing about FF.

WeeRussell
04-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Stand by my post. No need for the outcry on here for a player who was distinctly average.

1. If he was so good, why didn't he sign for Aberdeen? He was training with them.

2. If all you can remember from a player is when he once won a corner and played a ball out wide so that another player could do the hard part then he clearly wasn't that memorable.

Thanks Fyvie, clearly above most of the Championship players but you'd be a backup player here now at best and it's best for both parties that you've moved on.

Nope... this still hasn't done anything to amend how pathetic your first attempt on this thread was.

CapitalGreen
04-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Attitude of some Hibs fans never seems to astound me. Utter garbage some folk are writing about FF.

Usual suspects mate. Anytime Fyvie's name is mentioned on here they feel the need to tell us how pish he is.

jacomo
04-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Good luck you legend

:agree:

I'm sure we'll see him back in the top flight with the Arabs or someone else.

He was poor last season at times but he has a great attitude and a lot to offer.

Good luck Fraser, thanks for your efforts in the green n white.

SquashedFrogg
04-08-2017, 11:03 AM

1. You've answered your own question here - he was training with them, it wasn't a trial.
2. If, in your mind, he only played backwards/side-ways passes then clearly your memory isn't that great.

I can understand people having differing opinions on players but your comments are embarrassing. Sly digs at a Scottish cup winner - you are an idiot :agree:

IAmLee
04-08-2017, 11:08 AM

1. His wife and kids live in Aberdeen which is why he was training with them - they already have Tansey, O'Connor, Shinnie and McLean who can play in that role so why would they sign him for the sake of it?

2. I already posted facts about his contribution last season which also contradicted your first post but you've willfully ignored that in this post.

Fraser was never outstanding but he made a contribution that often went unnoticed and imo our midfield was better and played less hoofball when he was in it!

ian cruise
04-08-2017, 11:09 AM

FA cup and Scottish cup winner as well as Scottish Championship league winner. Found a club he's guaranteed starting place with ambition to progress. If that's what you mean by "his level" then I agree.

Mikey09
04-08-2017, 11:10 AM

Are you just making stuff up?

Lester B
04-08-2017, 11:11 AM

Outcry? The only 'outcry' is a bunch of people pointing out that your original post was snide, massively ill informed and a very poor attempt at humour.

Your second point is spot on. All he did was win a corner and make a pass. Which both led to the two goals which gave us the greatest day of our lives as fans. That kind of qualifies as memorable, don't you think? Sort of significant? I don't know.....important?

And in other news: What did the Romans ever do for us?

stantonhibby
04-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Don't know why folk can't just wish him well without petty digs at the guy, or as Ronan once said......you say it best when you say nothing at all.

Vini1875
04-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Good luck Fraser. Always tried for Hibs and was a large part in one of the greatest days of my life.

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 11:13 AM
FA cup and Scottish cup winner as well as Scottish Championship league winner. Found a club he's guaranteed starting place with ambition to progress. If that's what you mean by "his level" then I agree.
I'm glad we agree that the Championship is his level

bigwheel
04-08-2017, 11:14 AM
And in other news: What did the Romans ever do for us?

:greengrin:greengrin:top marks

scoopyboy
04-08-2017, 11:15 AM
I think he was one of the main players who turned the cup final around.

Him and McGinn seized control of the midfield after Rangers scored their second and he played a huge part in leading up to equalizer and winner.

Also reckon if him and Paul Hanlon weren't injured we would have won the League Cup but obviously no way of proving that so it will just remain an opinion of mine.

I thought he was very good for us but he didn't seem to do ordinary, either good or poor in a game with no in between.

I personally would have liked him to stay but not too upset he has moved on.

He goes with my best wishes and see no need for him to be slagged off.

WeeRussell
04-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Good luck Fraser. Always tried for Hibs and was a large part in one of the greatest days of my life.

:agree:

Said it before and I'll say it again - if it wasn't for Stokesy's ridiculous performance in the final, Fyvie was very possibly our best player in the first half.

Boy is a winner, his attitude on the field helped us progress and ultimately win that cup, and he'll probably do the same for United in the championship this season.

All the best - a player I wanted to stay with us.

SunshineOnLeith
04-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Absolute rubbish!! Fraser was 3rd in the league last year for most through balls and passes into the final third!! He also played more passes per 90mins than any other midfielder in the league and had an 83.76% pass completion rate!! (source http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/dundee-united/5-reasons-why-fraser-fyvie-is-a-great-signing-for-dundee-united-1-4490746). He was a good player for us and I personally thought we always looked a better team with him in it, hopefully Dylan will stay fit enough to take over that mantle this season!!

The response of the people who inexplicably dislike Fyvie, when there is one, to them being shown to be demonstrably wrong about him is either "I don't care what the facts say, my view is that he only ever passed backwards", or "but he had a bad game against Dunfermline once".

It's a nonsense.

Hibby soldier
04-08-2017, 11:20 AM
absolute rubbish.
bull.....

Mikey09
04-08-2017, 11:23 AM

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. Your post was patronising and full of sarcasm aimed at a player who in my opinion did well for us. Helped win us the Championship and the Scottish cup. He had his poor games but tell me who didn't? When Fyvie wasn't playing well he never hid and that's the sign of a good pro. When he was injured we really missed him. He's a good lad and a good player.

Captain Trips
04-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Fyvie was good for us and I wish him well.

Del Boy
04-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Good move for Fyvie and good signing for United - they'll be favourites to win the league and rightly so.

Keatings and McDonald up front will be better than anything else in that league.

Super_JMcGinn
04-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Good move for Fyvie and good signing for United - they'll be favourites to win the league and rightly so.

Keatings and McDonald up front will be better than anything else in that league.

I doubt we'll see or hear much of that partnership, not for a while anyway.

Dalehibbie
04-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Probably regrets not signing the three year deal with us now that he has just signed for one year with United. Good luck Fraser.

Since90+2
04-08-2017, 11:34 AM
I doubt we'll see or hear much of that partnership, not for a while anyway.

Whys that?

matty_f
04-08-2017, 11:35 AM
I know forums like this one are all about opinions, but sometimes there's no need to be critical or negative about someone or something, and this (imho) is one of them.

Fraser tried in every match, he worked hard and respected the club and its fans. He leaves as a Scottish Cup winner.

All that really needs to be said is 'good luck and thanks'. So what if he wasn't Zidane? Does that really need to be pointed out on this thread?

I was brought up with 'if you've nothing good to say, don't say anything at all'. While that isn't always relevant and I'm a big advocate of constructive criticism (and regularly saying bad things about Hearts), I think it's good advice for a thread like this.

Just because you're allowed an opinion and have the means to communicate it, doesn't mean you necessarily should. (Imho)

seanoheimhin
04-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Usual suspects mate. Anytime Fyvie's name is mentioned on here they feel the need to tell us how pish he is.

It's bizarre. If he was as bang average, boring, and inoffensive a player as some people say, then why are they so passionate about telling others at every single opportunity?

Never seen anyone get so worked up about a player being 'average' before. He wasn't Tudor Jones, he wasn't Scott Brown.

He was a pretty good player for us who won two trophies and seems like a decent guy. Let's move on.

Mikey09
04-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Whys that?

Keatings has a serious knee injury.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-08-2017, 11:36 AM

1) Aberdeen allowed him to train to keep fit, like us with Riordan recently. A favour for an ex player. It wasn't a trial and there was no intention, nor need to sign him. They have an extremely strong midfield and need to ad nothing to it.

2) I can certainly remember more than that. Several classy performances in big games against Rangers. Several performances that helped us grind out points on tricky grounds. A great performance at Ayr towards the end of last season where he played a part in all our goals with ATTACKING passes.

A cup winning legend that deserves nothing but 100%. All the best Fraser, you're better than championship level and I'm sure you'll prove it within the next couple of seasons

Allant1981
04-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Whys that?

keatings is out injured for a while i think

JDHibs
04-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Keatings has a serious knee injury.

No he doesnt. Hes slightly damaged ligaments in his ankle, was due out for 6 weeks, however is back doing light training already.

Mikey09
04-08-2017, 11:42 AM
No he doesnt. Hes slightly damaged ligaments in his ankle, was due out for 6 weeks, however is back doing light training already.

Report I read stated he was out long term. Ah well, Dinnae believe everything you read eh?!

Maybe it was Boyce I was thinking about. Is he injured?

WeeRussell
04-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Report I read stated he was out long term. Ah well, Dinnae believe everything you read eh?!

Maybe it was Boyce I was thinking about. Is he injured?

For the season I think.

Super_JMcGinn
04-08-2017, 11:51 AM
It's bizarre. If he was as bang average, boring, and inoffensive a player as some people say, then why are they so passionate about telling others at every single opportunity?

Never seen anyone get so worked up about a player being 'average' before. He wasn't Tudor Jones, he wasn't Scott Brown.

He was a pretty good player for us who won two trophies and seems like a decent guy. Let's move on.

The same could be said of Lewis Stevenson x10 and he's still with us ( thankfully ) opinions eh.

hibby6270
04-08-2017, 11:56 AM
I think he was one of the main players who turned the cup final around.

Him and McGinn seized control of the midfield after Rangers scored their second and he played a huge part in leading up to equalizer and winner.

Also reckon if him and Paul Hanlon weren't injured we would have won the League Cup but obviously no way of proving that so it will just remain an opinion of mine.

I thought he was very good for us but he didn't seem to do ordinary, either good or poor in a game with no in between.

I personally would have liked him to stay but not too upset he has moved on.

He goes with my best wishes and see no need for him to be slagged off.

Totally agree. Watch FF's contribution again to the 2nd and 3rd goals were to see what clever player he was.

To the "haters" on here, he was underrated imo and frequently didn't get the credit he deserved. Fair enough, he might not be missed given who we've brought in but FF should be forever lauded at ER as the cup winning legend he always will be.

Good luck Fraser!!

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 12:04 PM

You'd expect a player who takes the ball from the centre halves to have played and completed a few forward passes. There's only really one way to go from there. Still, very well done on completing a million 5 yard balls Fraser 👍

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 12:05 PM
1) Aberdeen allowed him to train to keep fit, like us with Riordan recently. A favour for an ex player. It wasn't a trial and there was no intention, nor need to sign him. They have an extremely strong midfield and need to ad nothing to it.

2) I can certainly remember more than that. Several classy performances in big games against Rangers. Several performances that helped us grind out points on tricky grounds. A great performance at Ayr towards the end of last season where he played a part in all our goals with ATTACKING passes.

A cup winning legend that deserves nothing but 100%. All the best Fraser, you're better than championship level and I'm sure you'll prove it within the next couple of seasons

Remember that game against rangers where he sold the jerseys and when took a horrendous dive?

Allant1981
04-08-2017, 12:07 PM
You'd expect a player who takes the ball from the centre halves to have played and completed a few forward passes. There's only really one way to go from there. Still, very well done on completing a million 5 yard balls Fraser 👍

theres not rating a player and just talking rubbish about the player and you are definitely in the latter

Lester B
04-08-2017, 12:13 PM

So have you decided which player you are going to blame for everything, criticise, exaggerate and generally whine like a squeaky door hinge about this season yet? Or is it to soon and the decision will be made 10 minutes into the Partick game?

Your first post was daft. It's looking like a work of genius compared to your subsequent ones though.

SirDavidsNapper
04-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Us fans can be so fickle. Fraser helped win us the Scottish cup and had some good games for us. I for one won't slag him and any limitations i think he had I'll keep to myself. Legend.

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 12:16 PM
So have you decided which player you are going to blame for everything, criticise, exaggerate and generally whine like a squeaky door hinge about this season yet? Or is it to soon and the decision will be made 10 minutes into the Partick game?

Your first post was daft. It's looking like a work of genius compared to your subsequent ones though.

It's Graham just now. If he leaves, probably Simon Murray.

Lester B
04-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Remember that game against rangers where he sold the jerseys and when took a horrendous dive?

Oh I know. If only he'd had the chance to play them again and make a major contribution to a win. Maybe in a reasonably important cup game? Ah if only......

neil7908
04-08-2017, 12:18 PM
It is his 4th season in a row playing at championship level and despite being free he wasn't signed by a top league team, so although the wording may have been a bit harsh, he is a championship level player just now.

I would have preferred to have kept Fyvie at the club (and so would Lennon at one point) but this is spot on.

He's a Scottish Cup winner who should always have our thanks for his part on that day but equally we need to be realistic. Fraser wasn't a regular starter last year and clearly Lennon wasn't too disappointed to see you him go.

He had a chance to stay with Hibs, he turned it down, we've signed a midfielder from Juventus (!) to replace him and the club moves on.

No need for any digs but equally all summer on here he's been made out by some to be the greatest midfielder of his generation. There was predictions he'd end up at Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Dundee and even Hearts amongst others but like Keatings he'll be back in the same league.

Again, I genuinely wish him the best but we move on and I for one am delighted with the shape of our squad. Bring on Saturday!

WeeRussell
04-08-2017, 12:20 PM

At least this proves you are just on the wind-up. Was worried you were serious after the first post.

yonder1875
04-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Wish him all the best, would have liked him to be involved with us this season.

Salt N Sauzee
04-08-2017, 12:22 PM

Clearly fishing. Zzzzzzzz.

SquashedFrogg
04-08-2017, 12:23 PM

Careful :cb

Salt N Sauzee
04-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Careful :cb

Don't!! :hilarious

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 12:28 PM
You can tell a player had a very limited contribution to a team when in 3 years the best that people can come up with is that he once won a corner kick.

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 12:29 PM

Deary me. Standard response for this place.

If someone says something slightly against the grain they're "fishing" or "trolling".

bigwheel
04-08-2017, 12:34 PM
You can tell a player had a very limited contribution to a team when in 3 years the best that people can come up with is that he once won a corner kick.

Carheenlea has summarised Fyvie's contribution better than most. Why you feel the guy's performances should not be appreciated is beyond me (and others it would appear)...but you keep batting on if that's how feel.

hibs4life
04-08-2017, 12:35 PM
I always liked Fraser Fyvie and thought he frequently did well for us. Like many other of our players his form dipped occasionally but I was sad to see him go. I think the recruitment that has been done will mitigate against his departure but he should go to United with our heartfelt thanks and good wishes. He has mine.
Some of the posts on this thread are utterly classless and just smack of attention seeking, with thinly veiled jibes masquerading as a critique of his abilities. Completely unnecessary.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-08-2017, 12:38 PM

Guessing your just choosing to ignore the passing statspreviously posted in this thread? Or the previously mentioned posts about ourhuge dip in form in the 2015/16 season when Fraser was injured?
Laughable to suggest FF only contribution was the Cup Final.Most of the squad took 3 attempts to get promoted and PH and LS were involvedin the squad that took us down

Bob Box Fish
04-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Good luck to him. I thought Lennon might have re-signed him later in the window but with the Lithuanian lad he must be happy with his squad.

Salt N Sauzee
04-08-2017, 12:39 PM

If someone says something slightly against the grain they're "fishing" or "trolling".

IAmLee posted this article on Fyvie but you conveniently ignored it because it doesn't suit your argument.

Try reading it : http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ited-1-4490746 (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/dundee-united/5-reasons-why-fraser-fyvie-is-a-great-signing-for-dundee-united-1-4490746)

CraigHibee
04-08-2017, 12:40 PM
good luck to him, I'm still a bit disappointed that he never came back to us but i think we have a solid team now

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 12:40 PM
IAmLee posted this article on Fyvie but you conveniently ignored it because it doesn't suit your argument.

Try reading it : http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ited-1-4490746 (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/dundee-united/5-reasons-why-fraser-fyvie-is-a-great-signing-for-dundee-united-1-4490746)

Actually, I think you'll find I did.

SunshineOnLeith
04-08-2017, 12:41 PM

You've misinterpreted him being the third ranked player in the division for through balls, and for passes into the final third, as "taking the ball from the centre halves".

That's either trolling, or being a bit thick.

SquashedFrogg
04-08-2017, 12:42 PM

Well I can honestly say, that as a direct result of his limited contribution, I had one of the greatest days of my life :flag:

Thanks Fraser, for your limited contribution. On the subject of limited contributions, we forgot about Logan. Cheers big man for the limited contribution when helping us lift the cup. I mean, all you really contributed was winning the semi-final that year, but hey, thanks anyway....

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 12:43 PM
You've misinterpreted him being the third ranked player in the division for through balls, and for passes into the final third, as "taking the ball from the centre halves".

That's either trolling, or being a bit thick.

It's what I seen every week, over the last 2 seasons.

Salt N Sauzee
04-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Actually, I think you'll find I did.

And yet you're still peddling the same nonsense even though you've been proven wrong.

You wonder why people are saying you're fishing and calling you a troll :hilarious

IAmLee
04-08-2017, 12:46 PM
It's what I seen every week, over the last 2 seasons.

Well seeing as the article I posted deals with facts rather than opinions, I suggest you get your eyes tested......

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Well I can honestly say, that as a direct result of his limited contribution, I had one of the greatest days of my life :flag:

Thanks Fraser, for your limited contribution. On the subject of limited contributions, we forgot about Logan. Cheers big man for the limited contribution when helping us lift the cup. I mean, all you really contributed was winning the semi-final that year, but hey, thanks anyway....
Agreed 100% with the bit in bold. Disagree about Logan. I'd say he made a major contribution

Lester B
04-08-2017, 12:50 PM

And you can tell when someone is losing an argument when they reduce things to an absurd level.

Watch the build up to Stokes's shot that led to the corner. Fyvie calls for the throw to him to be taken quickly; he's in space and sees more space in front of him. He takes it and moves forward into a good position. He spots Stokes and delays the pass until the defender runs past the line of a potential pass. The pass is a good one. We know the rest. Football is simple things done well and that is a classic example.

Yes he was inconsistent and maybe we didn't fully realise his potential with us. Maybe he never will no matter where he goes.

But he did a hell of a lot more than just win a corner

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Well seeing as the article I posted deals with facts rather than opinions, I suggest you get your eyes tested......

It deals with stats. Stats are like bikinis, they show a lot but not everything.

I could tell you that the minimum wage rose last year but choose not to mention how much more inflation rose.

Your article even states that his stats aren't as impressive as they seem as he was playing for by far the most dominant team in the league.

Lester B
04-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Agreed 100% with the bit in bold. Disagree about Logan. I'd say he made a major contribution

See that thing flying way over your head? That's called sarcasm.

Gordy M
04-08-2017, 12:58 PM
No, it deals with stats. Not facts. Stats are like bikinis, they show a lot but not everything.

I could tell you that the minimum wage rose last year but choose not to mention how much more inflation rose.

Your article even states that his stats aren't as impressive as they seem as he was playing for by far the most dominant team in the league.

Can you explain why stats are not facts? Pretty sure they are.

Sweet Left Peg
04-08-2017, 01:01 PM

Pirlo is the brunette Fraser Fyvie...

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Can you explain why stats are not facts? Pretty sure they are.

They are. My apologies, But they don't show the whole picture either. Fyvie, for instance, is better than Mcginn going by that article.

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2017, 01:05 PM
best of luck to Fraser Fyvie :agree:

IAmLee
04-08-2017, 01:06 PM
No, it deals with stats. Not facts. Stats are like bikinis, they show a lot but not everything.

Oh dear. Let's quote what it ACTUALLY says shall we? "Nobody played more passes per 90 minutes than Fyvie in the second tier last season. The results are skewed because he was on the league’s most dominant team, who had seven of their players in the top 12, but Fyvie’s numbers were still impressive."

I think the bit in bold contradicts you a bit there. There's also the fact that that snippet has nothing to do with the throughballs or forward passes part and, if anything, playing for us probably made playing those passes harder than it would playing for the likes of Falkirk, seeing as most teams sat inside their own half when they played us!! But still, keep spouting your nonsense if it keeps you happy!

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 01:07 PM
See that thing flying way over your head? That's called sarcasm.
http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/You-Dont-Say-Meme.png

CapitalGreen
04-08-2017, 01:16 PM
http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/You-Dont-Say-Meme.png

Cool meme

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 01:21 PM
And you can tell when someone is losing an argument when they reduce things to an absurd level.

Watch the build up to Stokes's shot that led to the corner. Fyvie calls for the throw to him to be taken quickly; he's in space and sees more space in front of him. He takes it and moves forward into a good position. He spots Stokes and delays the pass until the defender runs past the line of a potential pass. The pass is a good one. We know the rest. Football is simple things done well and that is a classic example.

Yes he was inconsistent and maybe we didn't fully realise his potential with us. Maybe he never will no matter where he goes.

But he did a hell of a lot more than just win a corner
I didn't say it was his only contribution. I said, going by this thread, that it was his best and that his contribution overall was limited.

Fyvie is a good Championship level player and he's got a good move to a Championship team who with a player of Fyvies quality really should have no trouble at all making the play offs.

IAmLee
04-08-2017, 01:21 PM
They are. My apologies, But they don't show the whole picture either. Fyvie, for instance, is better than Mcginn going by that article.

I am really struggling to figure out how you arrive at that conclusion....The article says he played more passes than McGinn. That's it. I don't see how that can be interpreted as saying Fyvie is better than McGinn.

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Cool meme
I'm a fan of the classics

col02
04-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Good luck Fraser, always a player I liked at Hibs. Had a few games where it wasn't going for him but never hid!

Laced1875
04-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Thought he looked a yard of the pace at times, would have liked to have kept him though, definitely a player in there !

SquashedFrogg
04-08-2017, 01:34 PM
What an arse, Fyvie is a hero and a legend in a team of legends. He might have won a corner kick, but he's also won an FA cup and a Scottish Cup, you my friend have neither, but you have won ******** of the year.

What he just said :agree:

DavidDavidGray
04-08-2017, 01:37 PM

Also got Paul McMullan, Billy King and Scott McDonald. McDonald should do well there and some of my Dunfermline supporting mates were raving about McMullan last season. I reckon they've got the best squad in that league now by a bit

Thecat23
04-08-2017, 01:37 PM
5 pages of arguing 🙄

He's gone, he was a cup legend always will be. Will I miss him.. no. Will Hibs miss him?.. Prob not.

Some good games some poor games, nothing more nothing less. The fact he's only at Utd in the Championship says it all though. But i hope he does well.

My_Wife_Camille
04-08-2017, 01:38 PM
5 pages of arguing 🙄

He's gone, he was a cup legend always will be. Will I miss him.. no. Will Hibs miss him?.. Prob not.

Some good games some poor games, nothing more nothing less. The fact he's only at Utd in the Championship says it all though. But i hope he does well.
:top marks

Lester B
04-08-2017, 01:39 PM
I didn't say it was his only contribution. I said, going by this thread, that it was his best and that his contribution overall was limited.

Fyvie is a good Championship level player and he's got a good move to a Championship team who with a player of Fyvies quality really should have no trouble at all making the play offs.

I'd say going by this thread his best contribution was the Scotsman piece stats with most passes per game and an impressive 83.76% completion rate. That suggests his contribution was very far from limited even if he hadn't played in the Final.

He is a good Championship player and I'd hope that we wish him well in the future as we would to all 14 guys who played that day, the ones who have already moved on and the ones who will I future. I just think that a lot of the comments on this thread are revisionist. He wasn't consistent and I've already said that but minimising his contribution last season doesn't square with the stats

Lester B
04-08-2017, 01:40 PM
5 pages of arguing 🙄

Only five pages of arguing is tame for this place over this particular close season :wink:

Mantis Toboggan
04-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Oh dear. Let's quote what it ACTUALLY says shall we? "Nobody played more passes per 90 minutes than Fyvie in the second tier last season. The results are skewed because he was on the league’s most dominant team, who had seven of their players in the top 12, but Fyvie’s numbers were still impressive."

I think the bit in bold contradicts you a bit there. There's also the fact that that snippet has nothing to do with the throughballs or forward passes part and, if anything, playing for us probably made playing those passes harder than it would playing for the likes of Falkirk, seeing as most teams sat inside their own half when they played us!! But still, keep spouting your nonsense if it keeps you happy!

You are wasting your time. He's not interested in evidence. Just wants to bang the drum of what is a really petty agenda.

stantonsboots
04-08-2017, 01:52 PM
good luck to him. Always gave 100% when he played for us!

Pete
04-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Cup winning legends will always get my respect regardless of the shirt they wear when they return.

Good luck Fraser.

supermcginn
04-08-2017, 02:16 PM
5 pages of arguing 🙄

Spot on!

WeeRussell
04-08-2017, 02:27 PM

You're not just going slightly against the grain though, are you? There are a lot of people on here who don't appreciate Fyvie as a footballer (or as a Hibs player) which although I disagree with - I can accept as an opinion.

It's the fact that you're acting like a complete knob about it (and towards a Hibs cup hero) that is causing the reaction.

Your comments coming from a Hibs fan is why the fishing accusations are appearing.

SquashedFrogg
04-08-2017, 02:28 PM
You're not just going slightly against the grain though, are you? There are a lot of people on here who don't appreciate Fyvie as a footballer (or as a Hibs player) which although I disagree with - I can accept as an opinion.

It's the fact that you're acting like a complete knob about it (and towards a Hibs cup hero) that is causing the reaction.

Your comments coming from a Hibs fan is why the fishing accusations are appearing.

Tread carefully my friend :cb

fulshie
04-08-2017, 02:35 PM
I liked him at Hibs but Dundee Utd could be a good fit for him. Wherever his career takes him, there will always be a warm welcome for Fraser Fyvie at ER.Totally agree :agree:

tamig
04-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Good luck Fraser Fyvie. Great wee player and I'm still pretty miffed he is no longer here.

essexhibee
04-08-2017, 02:39 PM
All the best Fraser and hopefully see you next season in the premier league.

Cup Winning Legend. Simple as. :aok:

Not In The Know
04-08-2017, 02:41 PM
His performance in the cup final was amazing, but I could never really make up my mind about him TBH. In contrast his performance against Aberdeen in last years semi was terrible. I think that sealed his fate in Lennons eyes.

Albanian Hibs
04-08-2017, 02:41 PM
It's Graham just now. If he leaves, probably Simon Murray.

I really hope you arent sitting beside me this season.

Northernhibee
04-08-2017, 02:42 PM
His performance in the cup final was amazing, but I could never really make up my mind about him TBH. In contrast his performance against Aberdeen in last years semi was terrible. I think that sealed his fate in Lennons eyes.

Made up his mind enough to put a contract offer on the table for him?

Lester B
04-08-2017, 02:43 PM
It deals with stats. Stats are like bikinis, they show a lot but not everything.

I'm sorry; I've resisted thus far but...

If you are 26 then the minimum wage rose by more than inflation.

Not sure if that's a fact or a stat

Is It On....
04-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Good player,Lennon thought so by offering him a new contract. Took too long to sign and offer withdrawn. Ending up at Dundee United in the Championship instead of Hibs in the Premier League is his mistake.

Sean1875
04-08-2017, 02:55 PM
All the best to Fraser, shame to still see so much negativity surrounding him leaving here. Hope he does well and we see him back in the PL soon :aok:

Thecat23
04-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Only five pages of arguing is tame for this place over this particular close season :wink:

Haha that's true to be fair.

jacomo
04-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Made up his mind enough to put a contract offer on the table for him?

Yes. Contract was clearly worth less than FF wanted or he'd have signed it straight away.

Had Lenny made FF his no.1 priority we'd have gone a bit higher.

Thecat23
04-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Yes. Contract was clearly worth less than FF wanted or he'd have signed it straight away.

Had Lenny made FF his no.1 priority we'd have gone a bit higher.

Maybe he thought he could get better? We may have better actually time will tell though.

The_Horde
04-08-2017, 03:08 PM
I'm sorry; I've resisted thus far but...

If you are 26 then the minimum wage rose by more than inflation.

Not sure if that's a fact or a stat

Mo, It was an example, not based on a true story.. fiction if you will.

Firestarter
04-08-2017, 03:09 PM
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-complete-signing-fraser-fyvie-deal-initially-stalled/

Good luck Fyvie. Your role at the club was appreciated.

keep the faith
04-08-2017, 03:12 PM
All the best to Fraser, shame to still see so much negativity surrounding him leaving here. Hope he does well and we see him back in the PL soon :aok:

It's only a couple of attention seekers hogging this thread to be negative. The vast majority of us appreciated FF and wish him well at utd.

sleeping giant
04-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the wonderful memories Fraser.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Good luck to the lad, never let us down. Also think he secretly wanted to stay with Hibs

wpj
04-08-2017, 03:34 PM
It's only a couple of attention seekers hogging this thread to be negative. The vast majority of us appreciated FF and wish him well at utd.

Unfortunately so, wish him all the best and thanks for the memories FF, you have a Scottish cup winners medal with Hibernian FC. good enough for me!

SanFranHibs
04-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Unfortunately so, wish him all the best and thanks for the memories FF, you have a Scottish cup winners medal with Hibernian FC. good enough for me!

And 'small' decisions lead to great events. His decision to let the ball go out for a corner when it must have been so tempting to try and make something happen. Smart player :)

When I watched the replay several times I was still worried he might not let it run out for a corner :)

Good luck FF.

Thecat23
04-08-2017, 03:43 PM
And 'small' decisions lead to great events. His decision to let the ball go out for a corner when it must have been so tempting to try and make something happen. Smart player :)

When I watched the replay several times I was still worried he might not let it run out for a corner :)

Good luck FF.

That was very clever play from Fyvie. We' been practicing corner in the run up to the final as Stubbs knew The Rangers were poor at defending them.

edwards
04-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Good luck Fraser thanks for helping get us the Scottish and winning the championship.

eastcoasthibby
04-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Really wanted him to stay as he would definitely have bolstered our squad, as he does a lot of things others don't, in his availability to get on the ball and reading the game, were effective and he could influence the game when we needed it ...his consistency was a bit of an issue but always worked hard and is a winner !! Good luck Fraser

Kevvy1875
04-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Best of luck Fraser, thanks for your efforts and that glorious game!:flag:

Malthibby
04-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Best of luck Fraser, thanks for your efforts and that glorious game!:flag:

What he said, not sure there's much else to say, despite all the apparent evidence to the contrary.
GG

SingaporeHibs
04-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Would rather we kept him. He would be my first pick cover for the Bartman if he didn't find a first pick position for himself. He is a cracking player. Does the hard yards that's often not appreciated

3pm
04-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Good luck Fraser.

hfc rd
04-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Cup winning legends will always get my respect regardless of the shirt they wear when they return.

Good luck Fraser.

Agree with this.

Well said Pete :aok:

Best of luck Fraser!