PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV - spoilers?

Steve-O
03-08-2017, 10:56 PM
I've used Hibs TV loads over the years, but for some reason cannot remember the answer to this question.

Given the games are on at 2am - 4am NZ time, I'm not inclined to watch the majority of them live. However, if I was to watch, say 4 hours after the game ends, is the full 90 minutes available on demand?

Also, if I logged in a few hours post-match, are there any spoilers on the home screen for Hibs TV that would give away the result? i.e. any videos that might be titled 'Lennon delighted at win' that would be impossible to avoid?!

In short, I'd just like to log on and watch the game 'as live' without knowing the score. It is possible?

If not, sort it out PETRIE! :greengrin

Andy74
03-08-2017, 10:58 PM
I've used Hibs TV loads over the years, but for some reason cannot remember the answer to this question.

Given the games are on at 2am - 4am NZ time, I'm not inclined to watch the majority of them live. However, if I was to watch, say 4 hours after the game ends, is the full 90 minutes available on demand?

Also, if I logged in a few hours post-match, are there any spoilers on the home screen for Hibs TV that would give away the result? i.e. any videos that might be titled 'Lennon delighted at win' that would be impossible to avoid?!

In short, I'd just like to log on and watch the game 'as live' without knowing the score. It is possible?

It's usually okay although try not to look at goal highlight box. I could tell who had scored at least one goal last game I tried to watch later.

Steve-O
03-08-2017, 11:18 PM
It's usually okay although try not to look at goal highlight box. I could tell who had scored at least one goal last game I tried to watch later.

Would be really good if they could fix this up and just divide it into sections. Of course makes sense to have updated stuff on the homepage, but maybe they could wait 12 hours or something to move post-match interviews / highlights etc onto there.

My preference would actually be that the SPFL get off their erses and put together some sort of streaming platform. Might not necessarily work in the UK, but if there was an international option to subscribe at 10 quid a month or whatever then I'd be in for that - i.e. all SPFL Premiership games live and on demand, online.

Trying to watch Scottish football in NZ has been a total pain in the neck for 10+ years now, despite there being substantial numbers of ex-pats here, plus tourists too. It really shouldn't be that hard in this day and age!

jingler1954
04-08-2017, 03:46 AM
Would be really good if they could fix this up and just divide it into sections. Of course makes sense to have updated stuff on the homepage, but maybe they could wait 12 hours or something to move post-match interviews / highlights etc onto there.

My preference would actually be that the SPFL get off their erses and put together some sort of streaming platform. Might not necessarily work in the UK, but if there was an international option to subscribe at 10 quid a month or whatever then I'd be in for that - i.e. all SPFL Premiership games live and on demand, online.

Trying to watch Scottish football in NZ has been a total pain in the neck for 10+ years now, despite there being substantial numbers of ex-pats here, plus tourists too. It really shouldn't be that hard in this day and age!
You can watch goal highlights
First Half
Second half
or match highlights
These are the four options for the game there is also usually one or two pre and post interviews.

Auckland Hibs
04-08-2017, 05:25 AM

One day there will be a Netflix style live TV system that will show any live game from anywhere in the world - unfortunately it's probably still 10 years away due to the SKY monopoly.

I feel your pain.

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2017, 06:12 AM

That sounds a bit like SPL TV - when that idea was mentioned years ago it was laughed out and on the back of it the sky tv deal fell through.

Maybe the SPL were too far ahead in their thinking?!

HibeesLA
04-08-2017, 06:16 AM
I think the full game only goes up at midnight UK time on the day of the game. Hibs only get rights to show the full game to uK subscribers at that point.

Niffy
04-08-2017, 07:46 AM
You can safely log on here during match days as during games we "expect" to win all you ever see is "FFS"

Sometimes you get a "Yassss" but either way you still have to work out what the code means :)

Andy74
04-08-2017, 08:34 AM
You can watch goal highlights
First Half
Second half
or match highlights
These are the four options for the game there is also usually one or two pre and post interviews.

Yes but the boxes you click to view each of these are together and usually have a photo on them - you can tell at times who has scored or even who they have brought out for the interview etc can be telling!

When I went on to view the Alloa game later that night the goal highlights box was a picture of Fraser Murray scoring.

cocteautwin
04-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Talking of Hibs TV, does anyone know if I can upgrade from a UK package to an International Package? I emailed them but didn't get a response. Hope I can get it sorted before tomorrow. Double header over here in Japan. Celtic pumping the jambos first then the Hibs game. I tried just paying the extra £89.99 (it all goes to Hibs I presume) but it doesn't seem to go through as I've already paid for the UK package for a year a few months ago.

Bristolhibby
04-08-2017, 09:27 AM

A bit like the NFL game pass.

All games live (except the ones Sky cover) then all games can be watched as live.

You also get a condensed package which shows all the snaps, none of the replays, so you can watch a game in an hour.

J

Billy
04-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Talking of Hibs TV, does anyone know if I can upgrade from a UK package to an International Package? I emailed them but didn't get a response. Hope I can get it sorted before tomorrow. Double header over here in Japan. Celtic pumping the jambos first then the Hibs game. I tried just paying the extra £89.99 (it all goes to Hibs I presume) but it doesn't seem to go through as I've already paid for the UK package for a year a few months ago.

Once overseas you can upgrade your subscription. Click the My Account and then Subscription tabs and the upgrade is there. Any problems then contact: support@hibernianfc.co.uk

SingaporeHibs
04-08-2017, 04:41 PM
I'm lucky to only be 7 or 8 hours ahead depending on time of year but HibsTV has been my lifeline for my requirement to watch us play. Season ticket holder for many years before i moved away but now after a few changes here and there along the way the quality is so good I beam the games onto the big TV. It's fantastic quality and value for what it is. I can't be there but this has been the best alternative. It's a great service, the guys do a great job and I love it GGTTH

Radge70
04-08-2017, 05:16 PM

I asked this very question last week and managed to suss out how best to go about accessing the game whilst avoiding the score. It involves squinting your eyes a bit to avoid seeing pictures that pretty much give the result away and doing a find on the strings "first half replay" and "second half replay". Sad as I am I actually did a little guide. PM me if you want it. Someone from Hibs TV also replied with the following RE the Alloa game although the "available by 10pm UK time thing" didn't materialise (the game was available at exactly midnight):

"We'll have match and goal highlights from midnight.

A couple of factors come into the full match replay. We can push it out at 10pm for league and league cup matches not on TV, which happens for all home matches. For away ones it'll depend on where we're travelling back from, size of files, how long the highlights take etc. The files are normally big because of the quality (we normally take a broadcast feed for away ties), so by the time we've travelled back, married the commentary, cut the highlights videos (and manager/player interviews), render and publish, it can be quite late.

Sometimes we'll leave the full match to render or upload over night and publish on the Sunday, it can be a 12 or 13 hour shift before we get to publishing the full match.

Will aim to get it up by 10pm for you tomorrow, journey isn't too bad and we're filming the game ourselves in the absence of broadcasters so file sizes will be a bit more manageable."

cocteautwin
04-08-2017, 11:29 PM
Once overseas you can upgrade your subscription. Click the My Account and then Subscription tabs and the upgrade is there. Any problems then contact: support@hibernianfc.co.uk

Yeah I tried that but it didn't work. Also no response to my email I sent them. I'm guessing there's a high demand for the new season. Might just set up a new account and pay the full price as I've already got my beers in and projector set up and my wife is out with her mates for the evening. Don't want to miss the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRHibs
05-08-2017, 12:08 AM
Anyone else had issue with being charged twice for Hibs tv? Sorry to hijack this thread.

Dr_Regal
05-08-2017, 03:14 AM
I'm watching from the USA tomorrow. Say I'm half an hour late, can I still watch it from the start or is it just the live stream?

cocteautwin
05-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Yeah I tried that but it didn't work. Also no response to my email I sent them. I'm guessing there's a high demand for the new season. Might just set up a new account and pay the full price as I've already got my beers in and projector set up and my wife is out with her mates for the evening. Don't want to miss the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, looks like the upgrade has worked now. Looking forward to the match.

Steve-O
05-08-2017, 10:16 AM
That sounds a bit like SPL TV - when that idea was mentioned years ago it was laughed out and on the back of it the sky tv deal fell through.

Maybe the SPL were too far ahead in their thinking?!

Exactly like that! I was one who laughed at the time too. Alas I was still in the UK and didn't see the need for it back then.

Probably works much better as an online platform than it could've as a single channel 15 years ago though.