PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen game.

Golden Bear
03-08-2017, 06:17 PM
I wonder what the authorities will do with this one.? The match has already been held up because of flares thrown by the Limassol fans.The Ref has issued a warning saying that the next time it happens the players will be taken back to the dressing room and if it happens thereafter the match will be abandoned. It's 1-0 to Limassol at present, Aberdeen have been very poor so far.

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Aberdeen look poor, hardly strung 2 passes together.

This game abandoned would be their best chance of going through.

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Aberdeen look poor, hardly strung 2 passes together.

This game abandoned would be their best chance of going through.

Agreed. Can't get near the other teams goal to get any shots. Really poor performance so far

H18 SFR
03-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Aberdeen are rotten.

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2017, 06:35 PM
At last Aberdeen starting to attack and slightly threaten the opposition goal.

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2017, 06:42 PM
European games are nothing but glamorised pre season friendlies for Scottish teams outwith Celtic

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 06:45 PM
2-0

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2017, 06:45 PM
2-0

heretoday
03-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Dons wide open at the back. Tired defenders unable to cope.

3pm
03-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Good, saves them getting more cash.

IGRIGI
03-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Even when in a neutral position there is nothing more blood boiling than when a team is in desperate need of a goal and from a dead ball position some clown can't beat the first man.

H18 SFR
Simon Murray would have ran riot against both these sides.

TRC
Who's there keeper been howling for both goals

Golden Bear
03-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Very very poor from the Dons. They've lost the game rather than Limassol winning it.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 06:55 PM
2-0 ft

Jim44
03-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Good result, adds to the erosion of confidence of a team who are deemed to be streets ahead of us.
:rolleyes:

Since90+2
03-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Good to see them pumped oot.

SChibs
03-08-2017, 07:00 PM
I cant be the only one that wanted Aberdeen to get through to the groups. It's a no brainer really. More games for them and potentially long trips, makes the Scottish game look slightly better and it improves the coefficient which benefits hibs.
Can't understand why people wouldn't want them to do well

Jack Hackett
03-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Good result, adds to the erosion of confidence of a team who are deemed to be streets ahead of us.
:rolleyes:

Never saw it. A lot of hype for a team streets behind Celtc and marginally better than the rest of the dross in the SPL last season

Hopefully, we'll light a rocket under what wasn't a very good league

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2017, 07:02 PM
All kicking off with the flock in the stand

mjhibby
2-0 ft

It's getting embarrassing now. No wonder people sneer at our game. All the more reason to get in the top four and make a go of it.

SirDavidsNapper
I cant be the only one that wanted Aberdeen to get through to the groups. It's a no brainer really. More games for them and potentially long trips, makes the Scottish game look slightly better and it improves the coefficient which benefits hibs.

Because they aren't Hibs

james62
03-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Who's there keeper been howling for both goals

He didn't look too clever for the first but I thought he made a cracking save just before the second and was badly let down by his defence.

IGRIGI
03-08-2017, 07:05 PM
For the 2nd Mackay-Steven was about a mile behind the rest of the defence and played everyone onside.

SirDavidsNapper
Can see Aberdeen getting a hefty fine by UEFA

Andy74

Aye, Aberdeen with some cash to spend is just what we need!

DunblaneHibby
03-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Fighting in the stands at aberdee game

SChibs
03-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Because they aren't Hibs

No but them going through benefits hibs more than them going out imo

heretoday
03-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Not much fun playing 90 minutes in Cyprus heat.

Leith Green
03-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Fighting in the stands at aberdee game

What happened?

Paisley Hibby
03-08-2017, 07:29 PM
This!

Sad to see how poor Scottish football is. This also shows how overrated McInnes is as a coach.

Zazu62
03-08-2017, 07:32 PM
No Rooney in the squad? 🤔

Andy74
03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
No but them going through benefits hibs more than them going out imo

Not really.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 07:39 PM
No Rooney in the squad? 🤔

Out with a thigh injury.

Zazu62
03-08-2017, 07:46 PM
Out with a thigh injury.

👍

G B Young
03-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Unless you operate on the level Celtic do, there seems little point in Scottish clubs taking part in the European tournaments when the qualifying rounds take place so early. Granted our game is at a probably unprecedented level of mediocrity, but you wonder if there would be some merit in summer football if only to give clubs a slightly better chance of progress.

Lago
03-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Sad day when one of the supposedly top teams in Scotland fail against one from Cyprus.

Nameless
03-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Sad day when one of the supposedly top teams in Scotland fail against one from Cyprus.That is a bit disingenuous, when you consider there was a Cypriot team in the group stages of the CL only a few years ago.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
03-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Not much fun playing 90 minutes in Cyprus heat.

This. Aberdeen would have struggled to chase the game in this heat.

Mantis Toboggan
03-08-2017, 08:04 PM
That is a bit disingenuous, when you consider there was a Cypriot team in the group stages of the CL only a few years ago.

Their clubs always seem a lot more competitive than their national team . Like an inverse ROI

Golden Bear
03-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Unless you operate on the level Celtic do, there seems little point in Scottish clubs taking part in the European tournaments when the qualifying rounds take place so early. Granted our game is at a probably unprecedented level of mediocrity, but you wonder if there would be some merit in summer football if only to give clubs a slightly better chance of progress.

We're playing summer football as it what with the season not finishing until May then recommencing in mid July. I don't believe for a minute that the players lose all their match fitness in the brief intervening period. At least they shouldn't!

Mantis Toboggan
03-08-2017, 08:08 PM
We're playing summer football as it what with the season not finishing until May then recommencing in mid July. I don't believe for a minute that the players lose all their match fitness in the brief intervening period. At least they shouldn't!

They lose match sharpness though, and team understanding. Think it is a legitimate factor.

Thecat23
03-08-2017, 08:11 PM

Most get strict diet programs to follow in the close season. It's up to them to follow them! I'd say most prob do but do have a blow out for a couple of weeks and rightly so.

mjhibby
03-08-2017, 08:32 PM
They lose match sharpness though, and team understanding. Think it is a legitimate factor.

If Scottish team want to take it seriously them come back ten days earlier. Sevco and St Johnstone must have had at least six weeks off. Sevco getting bumped by progres is just ridiculous and making excuses of being early is just nonsense. There is a break in the SPL so players can recharge batteries but they will play glamour friendlies instead and now fighting with Cypriot stewards. Mcinnes even admitted he was at least one tough game short for the Europa league. Looks like the days of videoton and anderlecht are just to be memories unlikely be repeated.

ancient hibee
03-08-2017, 08:46 PM
The team that beat rangers was at the same stage of their season as Rangers.

High-On-Hibs
03-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Again, not impressed by Aberdeen. I still think we're better and should be aiming to finish above them.

madabouthibs
03-08-2017, 08:53 PM
. Looks like the days of videoton and anderlecht are just to be memories unlikely be repeated.

Dunno likes, we done pretty well against Brondby, both home and away. From the Championship! The dons at least had a lead to defend, they failed. Teams like Progres and Limassol shouldn't be humping our top 3 or 4 teams in Europe. Surely our game hasn't plummeted that much???

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Tonight's result wasn't about match sharpness or the stage Aberdeen are at in their season.

For me Aberdeen were only in the game when limassol sat back and invited them to attack in the last 20. They looked lost when attacking and as Mike Stewart kept saying in commentary the defence were sitting far too deep and offering no support to the midfield.

The guy's in the middle of the park tonight stood no chance with a defence like that. The cypriot team didn't look great but they were better on the ball, hungrier and more physical.

We're falling behind Europe in so many aspects of the game. Coaching is so far advanced everywhere else in Europe. Technical ability and having composure on the ball.

Sick to death of saying it but imo we need government intervention with a defined blueprint from grass roots to the elite level. Shift the focus from big players and results driven we need players comfortable on the ball and not being screamed at from the touchline. The ball is round for goodness sake let it do its thing and roll on the ground.

**** me that was a rant but it pisses me off that as paying fans to our club and in some cases also our country we contribute as much cash as we can whilst our football association sit back watching the same thing happen year in year out and not giving a flying ****!!

Lago
03-08-2017, 09:08 PM
That is a bit disingenuous, when you consider there was a Cypriot team in the group stages of the CL only a few years ago.

Nope, small population of just over 1million its a disgrace that one of the top teams in Scotland failed to win there.

Mantis Toboggan
03-08-2017, 09:15 PM
The team that beat rangers was at the same stage of their season as Rangers.

Rangers are clearly pish though.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Shame. I wanted Aberdeen to have the distraction of European football

ian cruise
03-08-2017, 09:21 PM
Tonight's result wasn't about match sharpness or the stage Aberdeen are at in their season.

For me Aberdeen were only in the game when limassol sat back and invited them to attack in the last 20. They looked lost when attacking and as Mike Stewart kept saying in commentary the defence were sitting far too deep and offering no support to the midfield.

The guy's in the middle of the park tonight stood no chance with a defence like that. The cypriot team didn't look great but they were better on the ball, hungrier and more physical.

We're falling behind Europe in so many aspects of the game. Coaching is so far advanced everywhere else in Europe. Technical ability and having composure on the ball.

Sick to death of saying it but imo we need government intervention with a defined blueprint from grass roots to the elite level. Shift the focus from big players and results driven we need players comfortable on the ball and not being screamed at from the touchline. The ball is round for goodness sake let it do its thing and roll on the ground.

**** me that was a rant but it pisses me off that as paying fans to our club and in some cases also our country we contribute as much cash as we can whilst our football association sit back watching the same thing happen year in year out and not giving a flying ****!!

Thing is, Aberdeen's system a very direct, almost one pass to the front, fast paced counter attack. Very other teams in Scotland play that way. It worked for them last season but I think they get found out this season as more teams figure out how to nullify them. The heat will have killed them playing that 100 mph counter attack as well.

DTS
03-08-2017, 09:21 PM
If Scottish team want to take it seriously them come back ten days earlier. Sevco and St Johnstone must have had at least six weeks off. Sevco getting bumped by progres is just ridiculous and making excuses of being early is just nonsense. There is a break in the SPL so players can recharge batteries but they will play glamour friendlies instead and now fighting with Cypriot stewards. Mcinnes even admitted he was at least one tough game short for the Europa league. Looks like the days of videoton and anderlecht are just to be memories unlikely be repeated.

In no way am I defending the Huns but I'm sure they literally only had something like 10-14 days off and it caused uproar with their players. In terms of the dons reuslt I'm dissapointed on a number of fronts, imo it's nice to see Scottish teams do well in Europe(not the Huns n hearts), it would've given scotland a better coefficient so if we do qualify for Europe it would've benefited us, also Aberdeen having games on a Thursday night potentially all over the place and having league games on a Sunday would be a huge streach on the squad also potentially benefiting hibs add into the fact every team would've got a wee bit off cash as well it would've been decent. I have no prticular dislike of Aberdeen much like every other team in Scotland outside the usual 3 they are pretty much just there so in Europe I'd want them to do well enough for the overall standing of the Scottish game and potentially some benefit to us

mjhibby
03-08-2017, 10:59 PM

I'm afraid coaches from under 12 onwards are looking to win things not develop players. So depressing it's still the same.

Iggy Pope
03-08-2017, 11:03 PM
Nope, small population of just over 1million its a disgrace that one of the top teams in Scotland failed to win there.

And every second person on the Island being British too. And the rest are Russian. Pathetic really.

monktonharp
03-08-2017, 11:18 PM
Unless you operate on the level Celtic do, there seems little point in Scottish clubs taking part in the European tournaments when the qualifying rounds take place so early. Granted our game is at a probably unprecedented level of mediocrity, but you wonder if there would be some merit in summer football if only to give clubs a slightly better chance of progress.I have the opinion though, that certain leagues are a good bit ahead of us, (head start) in the European games whereas if it was designed where teams from the North? played against each other when they were actually at the start of their seasons instead of playing too early against teams that were in full flow with their leagues. ? only my view of course.:confused:

frazeHFC
04-08-2017, 12:27 AM
Aberdeen fans joining in the Old Firm's antics from the weekend. Videos of them fighting stewards inside the stadium tonight doing the rounds.

Pete
04-08-2017, 03:12 AM
Aberdeen are probably better on paper but the Cypriots looked more comfortable on the ball.

I'm afraid it's going to take years to get rid of this hot potato syndrome we have. That's providing we've accepted it and are doing things to change it at grass roots level.

Christ we've been saying that for years.

Stokesy's on fire
04-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Glad they are out! get it up them