PDA

View Full Version : NHC Yams new boss?

G B Young
03-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Just out of interest, who, realistically, do we think Hearts will get to replace Cathro?

Pressley seems to figure highly in the running yet I struggle to see what he has achieved as a manager to justify this. Relegation with Falkirk and Coventry and a grim year with Fleetwood Town. Now I see he's claiming he's prepared to reverse his pledge never to manage in Scotland should he be offered the Hearts job. Basically a barely concealed plea for work from a guy whose stock shouldn't be as high as it is. Maybe I've missed something, but he strikes me as a guy who has positioned himself as some sort of 'arthouse' coach who believes he's too good to dignify Scottish football, yet has nothing to back up this sort of posturing and by that token I'd be quite happy to see him take the Hearts job.

Of the other realistic candidates being bandied around, Sergio's reputation is based solely on his cup win, while Hartley didn't do enough at Dundee to make me think he can make much of a difference. Houston would be a solid enough appointment I guess but Lennon has his measure and the only guy they might realistically get who I think might do quite well would be Tommy Wright (although I think he's contracted at Saints or another couple of years so compensation might be beyond the yams).

Bottom line, in an industry where there most be hordes of jobless managers on the go there don't appear too many around who can dig Hearts out of the hole they're in. Shame :wink:

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 12:30 PM
According to a Belfast paper MO is the favourite.

Geo_1875
03-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Just out of interest, who, realistically, do we think Hearts will get to replace Cathro?

Pressley seems to figure highly in the running yet I struggle to see what he has achieved as a manager to justify this. Relegation with Falkirk and Coventry and a grim year with Fleetwood Town. Now I see he's claiming he's prepared to reverse his pledge never to manage in Scotland should he be offered the Hearts job. Basically a barely concealed plea for work from a guy whose stock shouldn't be as high as it is. Maybe I've missed something, but he strikes me as a guy who has positioned himself as some sort of 'arthouse' coach who believes he's too good to dignify Scottish football, yet has nothing to back up this sort of posturing and by that token I'd be quite happy to see him take the Hearts job.

Of the other realistic candidates being bandied around, Sergio's reputation is based solely on his cup win, while Hartley didn't do enough at Dundee to make me think he can make much of a difference. Houston would be a solid enough appointment I guess but Lennon has his measure and the only guy they might realistically get who I think might do quite well would be Tommy Wright (although I think he's contracted at Saints or another couple of years so compensation might be beyond the yams).

Bottom line, in an industry where there most be hordes of jobless managers on the go there don't appear too many around who can dig Hearts out of the hole they're in. Shame :wink:

They will go for the cheap option and claim they've signed the new Mourinho.

JeMeSouviens
03-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Hope they don't go for - Alan Archibald, Tommy Wright

Meh - Paul Hartley, Peter Houston

Go on, go on, go on! - Steven Pressley, Jon Daly, Andy Kirk

G B Young
03-08-2017, 12:33 PM

Bookies favourite maybe but as we know that can mean very little. Hard to believe he'd walk away from a 500k salary with NI (not to mention the hefty compensation Hearts would have to stump up) for a job in Scotland. And unless I've been misinformed, he and Levein may not be a workable pairing.

H18 SFR
03-08-2017, 12:34 PM
I'm calling it, the new permanent boss will be Daly.

Platinum Scotty
03-08-2017, 12:36 PM

given he is on £500k a year and has a healthy buy out clause, it seems unlikely .....

..........Sorry didn't see the earlier post ......

tamig
03-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Any prospective new manager would have to consider the fact they'd be reporting to Levein. Other than Houston and Sergio, I can't see any of the other guys mentioned in the previous posts working under that model.

High-On-Hibs
03-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Their "new" boss will be the same as their current boss.

https://images.stv.tv/articles/w384xh216xmFit/498930-craig-levein-hearts-director-of-football-december-2016.jpg

Billy Whizz
03-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Daly if he gets a few results this month
Hearts have confirmed that McPhee will remain as No 2, regardless of who the Head Coach is

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 12:41 PM
I'm calling it, the new permanent boss will be Daly.

This is likely, cheap options. Hearts are where Hibs are 5-6-7 years ago, cheap options for managers, filling team with loanees who couldn't care, selling their best assets and not replacing them with quality and a chairwoman who's tighter than two coats of paint. Its a deep rut to get out of.

easty
03-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Hope they don't go for - Alan Archibald, Tommy Wright

Meh - Paul Hartley, Peter Houston

Go on, go on, go on! - Steven Pressley, Jon Daly, Andy Kirk

I'd love it to be Houston.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Daly if he gets a few results this month
Hearts have confirmed that McPhee will remain as No 2, regardless of who the Head Coach is

Celtic, Kilmarnock, The Rangers and Motherwell all away in August. On paper thats 6 points max imo

easty
03-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Celtic. Kilmarnock, The Rangers and Motherwell all away in August. On paper thats 6 points max imo

No chance they're getting 6 points from that

Billy Whizz
Celtic. Kilmarnock, The Rangers and Motherwell all away in August. On paper thats 6 points max imo

That's a decent return, the way they are playing at the moment

Big L
I think Houston will get it, if I'm right, the derbies will be absolute wars!!

SeanWilson
03-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Bookies favourite maybe but as we know that can mean very little. Hard to believe he'd walk away from a 500k salary with NI (not to mention the hefty compensation Hearts would have to stump up) for a job in Scotland. And unless I've been misinformed, he and Levein may not be a workable pairing.

The only way they'll get MO is if he is allowed to stay on as NI manager IMO - only way they could afford him.

JohnMcM
03-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here,,,,,,,,, Is this talk about MO,,,,,,,,,just talk or has something been said by him?

Hibby70
03-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Ravanelli! Ha ha.

Team Nat From To Competition Record G W D L Win % GF GA GD
Ajaccio France 8 June 2013 2 November 2013 Ligue 1 12 1 4 7 8.33 8 18 –10

Has the stats for Hearts boss I suppose

emerald green
03-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Whoever is daft, or desperate, enough to take on that poisoned chalice won't be the new "boss". He will do as he's told by the existing boss - Potter.

Bostonhibby
03-08-2017, 01:25 PM

https://images.stv.tv/articles/w384xh216xmFit/498930-craig-levein-hearts-director-of-football-december-2016.jpg

WTF?

Roger Whittaker? I know they like a good song down Gorgie way and he does play the flute but I cannae see it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Swap Potter for Mad Vlad and you can see how much freedom the new boss will get. Anyone who takes the job with Leveine still on the books will have bought into that.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 01:38 PM
One of them even suggested Sir Alex Ferguson could out of retirement. :crazy:

Michael
03-08-2017, 01:40 PM

Yeah, wouldn't mind Houston for the entertainment value.

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2017, 01:40 PM
MO would be a terrific appointment if he's allowed full control. Would be a coup for Hearts as I'm sure he was close to landing the Leicester job when Ranieri was punted. It's wheather he'd be prepared to shatter his reputation at a small club if it all goes wrong

Bmcchis
03-08-2017, 01:41 PM

STV claiming Hearts in contact with Cambridge Utd boss ?

Waxy
03-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Sounds like they're wanting Daly probably because it's the cheapest option.

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2017, 01:42 PM

Luke Berry first signing 😉

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 01:43 PM

D they have £250,000 spare and will he want to come to Hearts?

Craig_in_Prague
03-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Pressley was getting a lot of hate on FB with some yams I know; actually what caught my eye is one guy called Vlad a legend (didn't know Pressley in a Celtic top done a bit badge kissing or whatever... anyway....
I wish that club had went under.

They honestly think Vlad is a legend (?).... Jeesus wept.

Horrible horrible club, please bury them 3 times Hibs this season!

G B Young
03-08-2017, 01:45 PM
MARTIN (not Michael) O'Neill is now being touted on kickback...got to be a wind-up.

jacomo
03-08-2017, 01:47 PM
MARTIN (not Michael) O'Neill is now being touted on kickback...got to be a wind-up.

Let them dream

Stevie Reid
03-08-2017, 01:48 PM

Sacked as Notts County boss before he got the Cambridge job:

http://www.soccerbase.com/managers/manager.sd?manager_id=2532

SanFranHibs
03-08-2017, 01:48 PM

And when he declines....respectfully, it will be on to Jonjo.

Stevie Reid
03-08-2017, 01:49 PM
And when he declines....respectfully, it will be on to Jonjo.

Or Juanjo.

Mind him?

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Let's be honest, whoever they get they are still going to be light years behind Hibs

Bostonhibby
03-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Sacked as Notts County boss before he got the Cambridge job:

http://www.soccerbase.com/managers/manager.sd?manager_id=2532Not that popular with Cambridge United fans according to one I know. He's at the level they can afford though.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Someone without a club at the moment, couldnae give a donald who though.

lord bunberry
03-08-2017, 01:53 PM
The new manager, whoever he is has already got his number 2 picked for him. That's going to rule out anyone with the slightest bit of credibility. John Daly is an absolute certainty imo.

Hibee87
03-08-2017, 01:53 PM
STV claiming Hearts in contact with Cambridge Utd boss ?Shaun Derry, I was told about him last night.literally know nothing about him though.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Posted this on another thread, one of them seriously suggested that Sir Alex Ferguson could come out of retirement. :LOL:

Smartie
03-08-2017, 02:01 PM
I wonder if John Colquhoun has any managers on his books?

Jim44
03-08-2017, 02:01 PM
The KB muppets are desperate to get Sergio, and anybody else will be a huge disappointment. They can't see past 5-1 and think he is the only candidate who can tame us, despite his deplorable record in his last four jobs. Potter and Budge have a huge problem.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 02:03 PM
The KB muppets are desperate to get Sergio, and anybody else will be a huge disappointment. They can't see past 5-1 and think he is the only candidate who can tame us, despite his deplorable record in his last four jobs. Potter and Budge have a huge problem.

Rejected a new deal from them, went to Cluj and has been sacked from at least 3 of his last 5 clubs.

DarlingtonHibee
03-08-2017, 02:03 PM
If they appoint another rookie they will get slaughtered! Could send Wright going there bigger job, NI connections.

Forza Fred
03-08-2017, 02:04 PM

I think it will be Hartley myself.

They can't afford to pay compensation on top of Cathro's payout and their over budget stand.

Hope it's Terry Butcher with Calderwood as his assistant though....

G B Young
03-08-2017, 02:22 PM
One of the most bizarre headlines I've seen of late:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40815164

Phil MaGlass
03-08-2017, 02:32 PM
WTF?

Roger Whittaker? I know they like a good song down Gorgie way and he does play the flute but I cannae see it.

No a young Rolf Harris

Jack Hackett
03-08-2017, 02:57 PM

Some people will say anything to get their name in the headlines :rolleyes:

Hibs1969
03-08-2017, 03:04 PM

You are Pete Townshend and I claim my £10.

ian cruise
03-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Hearts fan I know is suggesting it's Hartley, don't know if he's heard rumours or just who he wants.

I thought it would be Locke, would prefer it wasn't as I don't think he's as bad a manager as some make out.

Ideally Sergio would be back, Daly would be a good shout (for us) too.

Mibbes Aye
03-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Shaun Derry, I was told about him last night.literally know nothing about him though.

I vaguely remember reading an article on planetfootball by him recently, dug it out.

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/day-life-cambridge-united-manager-shaun-derry/

Can't recall him as a player but I think he was seen as a hard, combative midfielder.

03-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Posted this on another thread, one of them seriously suggested that Sir Alex Ferguson could come out of retirement. :LOL:

Yep, that level of delusion sounds about right for them

partickthistle
03-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately a few want Alan Archibald- he was Dundee United's captain when Levein took over and within 2 months was out the door Im hoping that puts Archie off going there and taking a step down :greengrin

Mr White
03-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately a few want Alan Archibald- he was Dundee United's captain when Levein took over and within 2 months was out the door Im hoping that puts Archie off going there and taking a step down :greengrin

Step sideways really since both clubs only have 3 stands in their ground :greengrin

03-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Paulo Sergio apparently after the job. Be interesting to see how he gets on when he's not being showered with stolen money from Romanov the sugar daddy.

It would have the tramps drooling over "Mr 5-1" only to later find out he isn't actually a very good manager.

RedHibby
03-08-2017, 07:21 PM
D they have £250,000 spare and will he want to come to Hearts?

I believe Cambridge are wanting £750k for him.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 07:24 PM
I believe Cambridge are wanting £750k for him.

Well if that is the case then how did we even get to negotiation stages? No way we'd pay that for him.

eastmainsmsh
03-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Gary naysmith

degenerated
03-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Shaun Derry, I was told about him last night.literally know nothing about him though.He'd no be accepted by them unless he changed his name to Shaun Londonderry.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
03-08-2017, 08:15 PM

No chance.

Daly is Leveins man apparently!

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 09:00 PM
No chance.

Daly is Leveins man apparently!

ScottishMichael O'Neill is surprise favourite to become next Hearts managerNorthern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill has been moved to favourite to take over as... (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/michael-oneill-is-surprise-favourite-to-become-next-hearts-manager-35996838.html)

hfc rd
03-08-2017, 09:02 PM
A couple of yams at work reckon it's going to be either Tommy Wright, Michael O'Neil or Paulo Sergio. All three of them will be comfortable to work under Levein.

Had to walk away from my desk just to let out some laughter! 😂😂 They really are from another planet!

It's going to be either Peter Houston, Paul Hartley or Steven Pressley I think.

GreenLake
03-08-2017, 09:20 PM

You can read the yam mind like a nursery book. Do anything to sign players we wanted to extend the fantasy that they are the big club.

They can sign dangle - it won't make any difference.

Thecat23
03-08-2017, 09:22 PM
ScottishMichael O'Neill is surprise favourite to become next Hearts managerNorthern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill has been moved to favourite to take over as... (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/michael-oneill-is-surprise-favourite-to-become-next-hearts-manager-35996838.html)

Sorry wasn't calling you a liar or that, just don't think he'd take it. In fact why would he? His stock is very high right now, N.I going to the WC and Hearts are skint. He wouldn't work under Levein surely?

Daly is still the one I think will get it. If not him Hartley!

The_Horde
03-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Sorry wasn't calling you a liar or that, just don't think he'd take it. In fact why would he? His stock is very high right now, N.I going to the WC and Hearts are skint. He wouldn't work under Levein surely?

This. Ginger judas done probably not even a quarter as well as him with Scotland and wound up with an English prem job.

Hermit Crab
03-08-2017, 09:40 PM

Don't worry, I'm with you on this. Hearts are the Hibs of 5-6 years ago, cheap players, cheap loans and cheap managers. A chairwoman whose arse is tighter than a snare drum when it comes to spending.

Thecat23
03-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Don't worry, I'm with you on this. Hearts are the Hibs of 5-6 years ago, cheap players, cheap loans and cheap managers. A chairwoman whose arse is tighter than a snare drum when it comes to spending.

Bang on. It's scary how much they are like us back then.

cammy1969
03-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Not a chance of O'Neil going there his next gig will be in premship or top champ club imo next manager will be from inside club or a free agent as can't see them paying compo to any club

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is It On....
03-08-2017, 10:14 PM

"Former Italy striker Fabrizio Ravanelli has applied to be Hearts' new head coach". Little or no managerial experience in the last 4 years so could be perfect..

Zazu62
03-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Hartley or Houston

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2017, 10:52 PM

He was interviewed on BBC Scotland a while back and alluded that the reason he didn't get the Hibs job (before Fenlon was appointed) was due to a Scottish football figure telling Petrie that he was an alky. He seemed to be pointing it at a guy that's now a director of football.

jacomo
03-08-2017, 11:23 PM
Bang on. It's scary how much they are like us back then.

This story goes back a long way.

Back in 2003 when the Tv deal collapsed both Hibs and Hearts had debts around £18m, both needed to spend serious money on their stadium, and neither had a training ground.

Hibs bit the bullet and set about sorting it out. Hearts chose a different path.

Having survived near death they are now going to have years of austerity.

Thecat23
03-08-2017, 11:32 PM
This story goes back a long way.

Back in 2003 when the Tv deal collapsed both Hibs and Hearts had debts around £18m, both needed to spend serious money on their stadium, and neither had a training ground.

Hibs bit the bullet and set about sorting it out. Hearts chose a different path.

Having survived near death they are now going to have years of austerity.

That's right, I remember when we sold Brown, Thomson etc and didn't replace them I was raging. Looking back it was absolutely the correct decision made as we needed to sort the ground. Hearts will suffer for a long time and they hate the fact it's now a level playing field. Well actually it's not, Hibs are streets ahead and it's shown on and off the park.

Firestarter
03-08-2017, 11:51 PM
Mikey ONeil is very close to hearts these days hence the odds, he would never take it though. My money is on Daly if potter can convince Budge. If not Jim McIntyre.

Firestarter
03-08-2017, 11:55 PM
That's right, I remember when we sold Brown, Thomson etc and didn't replace them I was raging. Looking back it was absolutely the correct decision made as we needed to sort the ground. Hearts will suffer for a long time and they hate the fact it's now a level playing field. Well actually it's not, Hibs are streets ahead and it's shown on and off the park.

Thing is, I wasn't raging, I was raging a good few years later after we got told to sit patient and it was ***** after *****. Now it's bearing fruit and check the squad check our chief executive, best footballing day of my life and now hearts are ****ed big time even after admin, cracks have always appeared and Aberdeen are also the same.

Baader
04-08-2017, 12:04 AM
No chance it'll be Michael O'Neill. Probably idiot Houston or Hartley. The cheap option..

Firestarter
04-08-2017, 12:11 AM
No chance it'll be Michael O'Neill. Probably idiot Houston or Hartley. The cheap option..

Hartley has the making of a decent manager. Hopefully Houston.

heidtheba
04-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Thing is, I wasn't raging, I was raging a good few years later after we got told to sit patient and it was ***** after *****. Now it's bearing fruit and check the squad check our chief executive, best footballing day of my life and now hearts are ****ed big time even after admin, cracks have always appeared and Aberdeen are also the same.

Totally agree. One thing to throw into the mix here is their previous level of 'success'. They did generally boss us about for a good few years recently, or at least get the rub of the green (Griffiths disallowed goal etc). I always thought that bought them time when there was a managerial change or even when they got relegated. There was such a feeling of superiority around the fans that I knew that a new manager didn't need to prove himself straight out of the box. They could always do their wee weird '5-1' thing if the chips were down as it was quite recent, before that there was the cup semi in 2006. That really got to me as we all know it was through financial doping BUT their fans didn't give a monkeys.

Meanwhile we've had the opposite problems. Crap squad, poor managers and a real feeling of losing patience with the whole unfairness as well as results on the park.

BUT...this is all reaping rewards now and, something I hadn't realised before, they are so used to this type of success over us that now, on an even playing field, against a well managed, well developed and well put together team, with budgeted cash really being put into the team from our board...now they are hurting. Those successes were quite a while ago now, we've bossed them, their managers are having to come in to a fractious and unhappy crowd and it's really going to create a poisonous atmosphere.

There's one MASSIVE difference however. Because of their huge financial problems, Hearts are absolutely dependent on these pi&*&ed off fans coughing up for tickets AND through DD's. If it gets too painful, if it gets too sobering then a lot of them will start (and have started) cancelling. We didn't have that issue. We might not have spent cash as a club as maybe we should/could have and the board might have made some dire managerial decisions who then spent more cash on huddies...but that was sustainable.

Hearts are in a poor state, have a misplaced sense of their own importance and perceived acceptable level of success/place in Scottish football...and it's only going to get worse.

"Pleasing..."

Is It On....
04-08-2017, 07:59 AM

I actually don't think Budgie is tight, I just think she is trying to run the club properly for the long term. The problem she has is that she needs a good manager and luck with young players coming through that can be sold on and at the moment she has neither.

Green Blood
04-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Owen Coyle will get the gig, he's pash!!

Bishop Hibee
04-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Danny Swanson spoke very highly of Tommy Wright last night at the St Pat's Branch meeting. Seems strange he's not went to a bigger club. A lot of Jambos would be delighted with him. Hopefully they'll end up with Daly. Yams seriously worried it'll be Levein himself with DD's being cancelled in droves if it happens 🙏🏻

Sean1875
04-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Daly is 20/1 on Sky Bet if folk fancy it, got a bit of money on it myself :agree:

jacomo
04-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Danny Swanson spoke very highly of Tommy Wright last night at the St Pat's Branch meeting. Seems strange he's not went to a bigger club. A lot of Jambos would be delighted with him. Hopefully they'll end up with Daly. Yams seriously worried it'll be Levein himself with DD's being cancelled in droves if it happens 🙏🏻

Can you see Tommy Wright working under Levein? I can't.

lord bunberry
04-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Levein is favourite for the job now.

Super_JMcGinn
04-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Levein is favourite for the job now.

Cos I put a tenner on him last night :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
04-08-2017, 11:56 AM
https://www.facebook.com/RyanMcEwanPhotography/posts/1478773592187721:0

jacomo
04-08-2017, 12:22 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-will-seek-experienced-head-coach-and-refuse-to-gamble-1-4520482

This article is interesting, as much for what it doesn't say as for what it does.

No quotes and no real mention of Levein - except to say that Budge is not enamoured with his coaching structure.

It looks like she has bypassed him and gone to the press to try and flush out some candidates.

Ryan69
04-08-2017, 12:24 PM

Plus the fact they couldnt afford the compensation.

Mikey09
04-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Everyone on here should go into there local bookies and stick a few quid on Lennon to be there new boss. If he went to favourite for the job Kickback would go into meltdown!

joebakerforever
04-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Levein must surely go for Mike Basset:greengrin

Thecat23
04-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Plus the fact they couldnt afford the compensation.

Exactly.

biotech
04-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Think the HMFC manager vacancy can be summed up by The Who:

"Say hello to new boss - Same as old boss"!

Kevvy1875
04-08-2017, 04:08 PM
This guy would fit in well at Hertz.....

Have to be of a certain vintage to know who he is(Brittas Empire)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FvGcqV3yapE/hqdefault.jpg

Deansy
04-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Not a chance of O'Neil going there his next gig will be in premship or top champ club imo next manager will be from inside club or a free agent as can't see them paying compo to any club

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seconded !. Every time the Muppets are on the look-out for a new manager, there's always these big names bandied about who, in all reality, would never, ever take on such a crappy, low-profile job - the only employee at the PBS that does a good job is the one with all the contacts and friends in the media !

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2017, 04:19 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-will-seek-experienced-head-coach-and-refuse-to-gamble-1-4520482

This article is interesting, as much for what it doesn't say as for what it does.

No quotes and no real mention of Levein - except to say that Budge is not enamoured with his coaching structure.

It looks like she has bypassed him and gone to the press to try and flush out some candidates.

Interesting that Sergio has chucked his hat into the ring ......... I would be delighted to see him get the job, he'll soon find out that coaching a financially doped team to success is a lot different from working on a level playing field, as he has found out since leaving them with a pretty tepid record. I would love to see a Hibs team give one of his Hetz teams a right doing :aok:

Jack Hackett
04-08-2017, 04:25 PM
This guy would fit in well at Hertz.....

Have to be of a certain vintage to know who he is(Brittas Empire)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FvGcqV3yapE/hqdefault.jpg

Perfect! :greengrin

... But it wasn't that long ago... was it?

... Please say no :pray:

Dunbar Hibee
04-08-2017, 04:53 PM
I see Levein is now favourites at 1/2 for the job...

jacomo
04-08-2017, 08:25 PM
This from the Sky Sports league preview story:

A new statement from Hearts has just been released following Ian Cathro's departure...

"Since the announcement that Ian has moved on, we have been swamped by applications to take over his role. It is heartening that so many experienced coaches are keen to join our club and speaks volumes for the respect that the club, and our football operation in particular, has earned over recent times."

Their compulsive need to tell the world how Big, famous and respected they are at every opportunity is desperate.

Mantis Toboggan
04-08-2017, 08:32 PM

Their compulsive need to tell the world how Big, famous and respected they are at every opportunity is desperate.

A psychiatrist would have a field day with that statement. Rambling garbage

HoboHarry
04-08-2017, 08:40 PM
A psychiatrist would have a field day with that statement. Rambling garbage
That same psychiatrist may also want to examine someone who took the moniker of Mantis Tobaggan. :greengrin

Mantis Toboggan
04-08-2017, 08:43 PM
That same psychiatrist may also want to examine someone who took the moniker of Mantis Tobaggan. :greengrin

Typical Hobo :wink:

HoboHarry
04-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Typical Hobo :wink:
Aw hey now....... :greengrin

hfc rd
04-08-2017, 08:45 PM

I find it quite amusing and just laugh it off :greengrin:lolyam:

04-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Daly is 20/1 on Sky Bet if folk fancy it, got a bit of money on it myself :agree:

Me too, he's down to 14/1 at Skybet but still 20/1 at BetVictor. I then remembered I'd put a bet on Hearts to lose their 1st 5 matches (got 33/1 at Willy Hills), don't think I'll be winning both these bets somehow. :greengrin

Magnifique
05-08-2017, 02:59 AM
Hahaha what a bunch of tubes.
.Apparently Steve Mclaren is intrredted lol...Is it possible to be any stupider?

Bostonhibby
05-08-2017, 09:33 AM
.Apparently Steve Mclaren is intrredted lol...Is it possible to be any stupider?If he reverts to talking pidgin Dutch again they'll have another Cathro on their hands.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

greenginger
05-08-2017, 09:45 AM
.Apparently Steve Mclaren is intrredted lol...Is it possible to be any stupider?

Well the wally with the brolly would be just fine at Tiny if they canny get a roof.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477788/Brolly-man-Steve-McClaren-s-ready-to-reign-at-Wembley