PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Thistle on Saturday - will be a decent Match

bigwheel
03-08-2017, 08:17 AM
It's great to be back where we belong isn't it. We will have a decent test this weekend. Patrick Thistle, under Archibald, are a good side. I know they have lost a couple from last season, but what a run they put together after christmas - finishing in the top six. They will be better than likely all the sides we faced in the league last year - and boyed by playing in front of a big crowd - desperate to knock us down a notch or two..So we will have to be right up for it.

Will be a good test for us, How do people see it going?

frazeHFC
03-08-2017, 08:20 AM
3-1 Hibs. Will be a very tough game but I think we'll come out on top. Need to let everyone know we're back and mean business. 👊

Salt N Sauzee
03-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Tough game. Partick showed last season they're no mugs anymore. Still fancy us to win if Partick come with a plan to play rather than sit in and defend.

JimBHibees
03-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Tough game. Partick showed last season they're no mugs anymore. Still fancy us to win if Partick come with a plan to play rather than sit in and defend.

I think Thistle will be a decent test think they are well organised and also like to pass the ball. They will know each other and be a challenge on Saturday no doubt. We are going into it with 2 of our best defenders suspended with a few more probably not yet up to speed (thinking Ambrose/Hanlon/Lithuanians) so a tight game and while hoping for a win wouldnt be too surprised if we dont as can see them creating a few chances.

ancient hibee
03-08-2017, 08:53 AM
This guy Patrick gets around.We should do all right if he's on his own:greengrin

18Hibee75
03-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Will definitely be a tough game. They looked sharp last half of last season and looked very sharp against dunfermline in pre season. We've put together a very good squad here and think it'll be a really exciting game.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2017, 08:57 AM
I've a lot of respect for Partick. They are a decent side and have a good manager. Definatley a tough game in store.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-08-2017, 09:01 AM

If they come and sit in and defend they will do it with better players than we faced last season. They would take a draw right now.

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-08-2017, 09:15 AM
I'd say we're back where we deserve to be as opposed to saying "belong"

Not been this excited for a season opener in, well ever. PT had a great 2016/17 season and I watched them against St. Mirren whowere absolutely shocking, but taking nothing away from Thistle, they werefantastic. Pressed high, passed well and were deadly.

I think Partick may come and be happy with a point so wontoverly commit and will certainly look to not concede in the first 20 when thestadium will be rocking and players buzzing. Hoping we get the early goal butits important we stay calm and hungry.

If we get the early goal, I’m going 3-0 if not then it willbe either 1-1 or 2-1 to the 2016 Scottish Cup Champions

Hopefully the fans turn up early to create a carnival (De Paris) atmosphere